PDA

View Full Version : What Spurs Rookie Will Have the Greatest Impact This Season?

BillMc
09-20-2016, 04:44 PM
Which Spurs rook will have the most impact THIS season?

And while not part of the poll, in your comments mention which rookie will likely have the biggest impact LONG TERM (if different than above).

Brazil
09-20-2016, 04:49 PM
Bertans now and Murray long term imho

Brazil
09-20-2016, 04:50 PM
Both are already better than Kyle Anderson

:lol

BillMc
09-20-2016, 04:51 PM

:toast Not only do I agree, but I think that is probably the best scenario for the Spurs. If Bertans can be a functional NBA rotation player and Murray a future starter or better, probably is the maximum you could hope for from this class. (Short of one of the other guys coming out of left field to contribute).

Brazil
09-20-2016, 04:57 PM
:toast Not only do I agree, but I think that is probably the best scenario for the Spurs. If Bertans can be a functional NBA rotation player and Murray a future starter or better, probably is the maximum you could hope for from this class. (Short of one of the other guys coming out of left field to contribute).

yup... I do like some Bertans, I will root for him

Murray will have the same age than TP when he started... let's hope kid has same future and same first year (:lol one can dream)

SAGirl
09-20-2016, 05:11 PM
It's hard to say in terms of impact, because opportunity plays a big role, and for example the guard rotations are really weak this season. Tony or Manu could get hurt and Pop will need minutes from Murray (unless they pick up Laprovitolla for example).

I expect more of Bertans bc he's older, more experienced and knows his game, but situations can arise during the season that place Murray in a spot to play more minutes than one would expect for a raw recruit like him.

Rookies are not normally greatly impactful for Pop anyways outside garbage time. I'd go Bertans based on his experience and Murray long term based on potential. However, I voted Murray based on opportunity and obviously if they do need him I want him to play well.
---------

Can't really give an opinion on guys that are still battling to make the team. That is probably a subject for another poll: "who of these 6 guys is the best bet to make the team?"

wildbill2u
09-20-2016, 05:20 PM
Voted for Bertans because He may get more minutes than Murray because he has some pretty good pro experience. Obviously there is hope for Murray for the future but I suspect he won't get many minutes from Pop on the big Team. Hope he's cool with getting alot of minutes in Austin.

TheGreatYacht
09-20-2016, 05:30 PM
Man, I hope Bertans is the backup 3 and Lee is the backup 4.

I don't want vending machine head anywhere near the court.

dabom
09-20-2016, 05:42 PM
Both are already better than Kyle Anderson

:lol I was gonna post this same shit. :lol

TD 21
09-20-2016, 05:43 PM
Short term, Bertans if the obvious answer and long term, Murray is the obvious answer.

Probably the only two scenarios where that doesn't play out, are . . .

1) They feel they need another true point guard, keep Laprovitolla, Parker struggles to stay healthy and they don't feel a Ginobili/Simmons tandem is sufficient or Murray is ready for prime time.

2) As a boom or bust prospect, Murray likely ends up a starter, sixth man or out of the league. Bertans lacks that sort of ceiling, but has a higher floor and could easily last as a back end, fringe or non rotation player.

As far as the rest, Jean-Charles being on the roster is a mere technicality, while Laprovitolla is probably the only partial guarantee with a legit chance to make the team.

BillMc
09-20-2016, 07:01 PM
Garino getting some love. I wonder if he has a chance to see the court with the big squad (as opposed to Austin)?

BillMc
09-20-2016, 07:06 PM
It's hard to say in terms of impact, because opportunity plays a big role, and for example the guard rotations are really weak this season. Tony or Manu could get hurt and Pop will need minutes from Murray (unless they pick up Laprovitolla for example).

I expect more of Bertans bc he's older, more experienced and knows his game, but situations can arise during the season that place Murray in a spot to play more minutes than one would expect for a raw recruit like him.

Rookies are not normally greatly impactful for Pop anyways outside garbage time. I'd go Bertans based on his experience and Murray long term based on potential. However, I voted Murray based on opportunity and obviously if they do need him I want him to play well.
---------

Can't really give an opinion on guys that are still battling to make the team. That is probably a subject for another poll: "who of these 6 guys is the best bet to make the team?"

I'd go with Laprovittola. Though others clearly think Garino and LJC is there pretty much by default.

kaji157
09-20-2016, 08:15 PM
To say the truth it is difficult to predict a result when you donīt really now what players will be kept.
I think if Laprovittola is kept, is either him or Bertans, those are the most NBA ready rookies we have right now, and if both are kept, then thatīs your answer.
I like what iīve seen both from Murray and specially from Archidiaccono, or whatever it is his last name, seems like the ideal PG for this team, defensive minded, very cerebral, would be great if he develops, but that is a big IF. Murray on the other hand need more polishing but has a body size more adequate.
Garino has been very good on the Olimpics against the kind of opponents he might see with the Spurs (NBA bench players), and f he cracks the rotation over Anderson and Bertans, seems like the guy Pop might get in love with and that may be a reason to make him the one that contributes the most.
So as of now i donīt see a clear picture other than for sure it wonīt be neither LJC, Ryan Richards nor (unless a surprise happens) Murray.

Russ
09-20-2016, 09:34 PM
Bertans now and Murray long term imho:flag:

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-21-2016, 12:03 PM

:tu I'd be thrilled if Bertans can contribute at a relatively high level.

Chinook
09-21-2016, 12:49 PM
I'd rank them:

Davis Bertans
Nicolas Laprovittola
Dejounte Murray
Bryn Forbes
Ryan Arcidiacono
Patricio Garino
Livio Jean-Charles
Ryan Richards

BillMc
10-04-2016, 06:09 AM
I'd rank them:

Davis Bertans
Nicolas Laprovittola
Dejounte Murray
Bryn Forbes
Ryan Arcidiacono
Patricio Garino
Livio Jean-Charles
Ryan Richards

Well, at bare minimum you nailed the Ryan Richards slotting. :lol

Chinook
10-04-2016, 06:21 AM
Well, at bare minimum you nailed the Ryan Richards slotting. :lol

I'll tell you what, though. I would like to have seen him last night. You know things are messed up when LJC was the second-best big.

BillMc
10-04-2016, 06:27 AM
I'll tell you what, though. I would like to have seen him last night. You know things are messed up when LJC was the second-best big.

Truth. I can't say I was exactly impressed by LJC but he was better than I expected.

SAGirl
10-04-2016, 08:54 AM
The bigs really left me underwhelmed TBH. They all looked dleague level. I missed Lee entirely but from highlights I saw his baskets were drives on the PnR, no jumpshots. It was ok in this game with Dedmon there, but one could see his baskets were tough bc there was help from Dedmond's guy, even in this setting. However, I think he will play and that's why he was out of the game in the second half, there's no doubt Pop doesn't need to see that much from him.

I always like to speculate about Pop's rotations and decisions so I am sad to have missed it from that perspective. We saw Bertans as a 4, so Pop sticking to his word on that. We saw almost no Anderson as a 4 until his last few minutes. I thought he needed to be more aggressive frankly and Pop is going to have to push his buttons if he wants to see that more, good things happened when he was aggressive, but the few minutes I saw, he was trying to stick to the offense and was screening for guys. In general I think Pop wanted to see guys try to run an offense than the freelancing that was common towards the end (which is what I saw the most of, didn't see the first half, but the guys at the end were all over the place and I don't think they were running sets most of the time.)

Dijon is on highlights that make one think he was great in this game but he was benched by Pop and will get the tough treatment. I hope he's ready to get coached hard, he needs it. Didn't see Lapro but I checked his stats and he contributed in different categories which I liked. Arci looked rattled at times, yet came up with clutch plays at the end, when one would have thought the real discombobulation would occur at the end from him, but he kept it together and made some plays that got the game close. Otherwise the game would have had a wider margin, that's why I said he has intangibles.

Still none of this erases the shock of what I saw from the bigs.

Chinook
10-04-2016, 08:59 AM
The bigs really left me underwhelmed TBH. They all looked dleague level. I missed Lee entirely but from highlights I saw his baskets were drives on the PnR, no jumpshots. It was ok in this game with Dedmon there, but one could see his baskets were tough bc there was help from Dedmond's guy, even in this setting. However, I think he will play and that's why he was out of the game in the second half, there's no doubt Pop doesn't need to see that much from him.

I always like to speculate about Pop's rotations and decisions so I am sad to have missed it from that perspective. We saw Bertans as a 4, so Pop sticking to his word on that. We saw almost no Anderson as a 4 until his last few minutes. I thought he needed to be more aggressive frankly and Pop is going to have to push his buttons if he wants to see that more, good things happened when he was aggressive, but the few minutes I saw, he was trying to stick to the offense and was screening for guys. In general I think Pop wanted to see guys try to run an offense than the freelancing that was common towards the end (which is what I saw the most of, didn't see the first half, but the guys at the end were all over the place and I don't think they were running sets most of the time.)

Dijon is on highlights that make one think he was great in this game but he was benched by Pop and will get the tough treatment. I hope he's ready to get coached hard, he needs it. Didn't see Lapro but I checked his stats and he contributed in different categories which I liked. Arci looked rattled at times, yet came up with clutch plays at the end, when one would have thought the real discombobulation would occur at the end from him, but he kept it together and made some plays that got the game close. Otherwise the game would have had a wider margin, that's why I said he has intangibles.

Still none of this erases the shock of what I saw from the bigs.

I actually think Anderson played most of the first half at the four. In fact, he was guarding Bender while LJC was guarding Chriss and Dedmon Len.

SAGirl
10-04-2016, 09:21 AM
I actually think Anderson played most of the first half at the four. In fact, he was guarding Bender while LJC was guarding Chriss and Dedmon Len.
Hmm see, I missed that. Do you think he'll play that spot for sure? Can't say myself.

Chinook
10-04-2016, 09:31 AM
Hmm see, I missed that. Do you think he'll play that spot for sure? Can't say myself.

Not for sure. But I think the Spurs are comfortable with him at either position. So it's really just figuring out that third second-unit front-court spot, regardless of position. I think if anything last night showed that there may be two spots up for grabs. Could see anything from Anderson/Lee/Dedmon to Murray/Anderson/Anthony right now, though that latter lineup would be by far the most unlikely.

SAGirl
10-04-2016, 10:56 AM
Not for sure. But I think the Spurs are comfortable with him at either position. So it's really just figuring out that third second-unit front-court spot, regardless of position. I think if anything last night showed that there may be two spots up for grabs. Could see anything from Anderson/Lee/Dedmon to Murray/Anderson/Anthony right now, though that latter lineup would be by far the most unlikely.
I would go with the first but Lee not shooting will bring out Bertans off the bench, he could live up to this poll as the most impactful rookie considering the situation. I have concerns with Dedmon. I am going to chill out on him bc he's one of those guys that really needs others to make him better, but I don't see him as the 3rd Big frankly.

Now I place in context Pop's statement that he needed to play Anderson more this season, period.

ceperez
10-04-2016, 10:58 AM
I am going out on a limb here and make a courageous prediction: Livio Jean Charles will be the surprise rookie of the season!

I've got no evidence, but with nobody rooting for him, I might as well!

Chinook
10-04-2016, 11:02 AM
I would go with the first but Lee not shooting will bring out Bertans off the bench, he could live up to this poll as the most impactful rookie considering the situation. I have concerns with Dedmon. I am going to chill out on him bc he's one of those guys that really needs others to make him better, but I don't see him as the 3rd Big frankly.

Now I place in context Pop's statement that he needed to play Anderson more this season, period.

I don't think this will be figured out until near playoff time. With a guy like Lee, Pop is going to keep giving him chances. And he usually spends the first half of the season giving young players minutes for the hell of it, so I think we'll see Bertans and Simmons get minutes as well.

SAGirl
10-04-2016, 11:12 AM
I don't think this will be figured out until near playoff time. With a guy like Lee, Pop is going to keep giving him chances. And he usually spends the first half of the season giving young players minutes for the hell of it, so I think we'll see Bertans and Simmons get minutes as well.

Well I am talking regular season for now, but good point... if we see those two we might as well see Murray TBH. lol and Pop play Anderson all 3 spots he said he can play in one game just bc.... lol frankly you can tell I am laughing. The word comical is coming to mind. lol

More serious though, I feel like he will give the vets all chances bc the options behind them are rookies, that includes not just Lee the vet with the better career, but Dedmon I guess, the vet with the Ayers' like career (I don't forget Vaughn probably recommended him from his time in the Magic, another Ayers parallel--by the way I always misspell that guy's name, I don't know if I have right here). Hopefully guys get better through the season too.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-04-2016, 11:21 AM
None

ceperez
10-04-2016, 11:22 AM
Well I am talking regular season for now, but good point... if we see those two we might as well see Murray TBH. lol and Pop play Anderson all 3 spots he said he can play in one game just bc.... lol frankly you can tell I am laughing. The word comical is coming to mind. lol

More serious though, I feel like he will give the vets all chances bc the options behind them are rookies, that includes not just Lee the vet with the better career, but Dedmon I guess, the vet with the Ayers' like career (I don't forget Vaughn probably recommended him from his time in the Magic, another Ayers parallel--by the way I always misspell that guy's name, I don't know if I have right here). Hopefully guys get better through the season too.

Depressing to hear that trivia... Vaughn recommend both Ayers and Dedmon?

Ayers got paid $2m/year and never improved!

Dedmon (unlike Ayres) was never drafted! Now Spurs are paying him $3m/year. Ayers could not handle the pressure of being a Spurs. On one occasion he left the court in tears. I don't think Dedmon can take that mental torture of being a non-performing Spur.

SAGirl
10-04-2016, 11:26 AM

Dedmon (unlike Ayres) was never drafted! Now Spurs are paying him $3m/year. Ayers could not handle the pressure of being a Spurs. On one occasion he left the court in tears. I don't think Dedmon can take that mental torture of being a non-performing Spur.

Ayers was recommended by the Indy former ast coach: Boylen.
I think Dedmon was vouched for by Vaughn from his time coaching him in the Magic.

SAGirl
10-04-2016, 11:29 AM

The team will need Timmy.... he for sure was sensitive and aware of guys struggling in games and kept their spirits up.

I don't know who has that humanistic heart in this team. I know Anderson is a good teammate but he's a youngling in the Spurs. I suppose Manu, Tony, everybody has to pitch in with that part. That is what Pop meant about talking to guys in buses and outside the court. It's going to get rough for the raw guys, bc that is the way it is for guys trying to break out in the league.

Like Pop said: keep pounding that rock! keep working on your game. etc. all the cliches.

JR3
10-04-2016, 11:52 AM
Bertans no doubt but I have big hopes for Murray. He can be special.

SAGirl
10-04-2016, 11:55 AM
I am going out on a limb here and make a courageous prediction: Livio Jean Charles will be the surprise rookie of the season!

:tu
Two thumbs up for your courageous decision ceperez.
:flag:

In reality, considering his youth and that he's a rookie, he didn't look any worse than the others around him. Bc he's young and a rook he might be one to improve.

I commend you. I took the mantle of preacher of the Church of Anderson and it has been an uphill climb to gain followers for my church but I am still alive and kicking. lol :lol

BillMc
10-04-2016, 11:59 AM
Another good poll would be "Who is the new comer to the Spurs (Veteran or Rookie) not named Pau that will have the greatest impact this season?" :lol You'd assume that would be... Dedmon? Lee?

SAGirl
10-04-2016, 12:06 PM
Another good poll would be "Who is the new comer to the Spurs (Veteran or Rookie) not named Pau that will have the greatest impact this season?" :lol You'd assume that would be... Dedmon? Lee?

Interesting poll too, but really having not watched the majority of this game, I would be going more on a limb than ceperez on Livio Jean Charles lol

Looking forward to the next few games.

wildbill2u
10-04-2016, 12:08 PM

You are a kind and generous man.

wildbill2u
10-04-2016, 12:11 PM
I wonder if Bertans isn't better fitted for the stretch 4 than a stretch 3. Not much chance to see him, but he looked a little slow footed against some 3s last night. Able to chase some of them down :lol however, and try for a block because of those long legs.

Against a 4, however, he'd have a better matchup and could draw them outside away from the basket because of his 3 pt ability.

gambit1990
10-04-2016, 12:18 PM
I wonder if Bertans isn't better fitted for the stretch 4 than a stretch 3. Not much chance to see him, but he looked a little slow footed against some 3s last night.
yeah. i thought he'd be more capable of guarding 3s before i saw last night's game.

ceperez
10-04-2016, 02:32 PM
:tu
Two thumbs up for your courageous decision ceperez.

In reality, considering his youth and that he's a rookie, he didn't look any worse than the others around him. Bc he's young and a rook he might be one to improve.

I commend you. I took the mantle of preacher of the Church of Anderson and it has been an uphill climb to gain followers for my church but I am still alive and kicking. lol :lol

:bobo

xellos88330
10-04-2016, 11:06 PM
If Murray cracks the rotation and sees time with both Aldridge and Gasol, he could be a terror. Since both Aldridge and Gasol are both legitimate threats to score with jumpers, the lane could be wide open for him once he gets past his defender which he has shown the ability to do. Murray becoming a starter could really jump start things (it is probably not a good idea to test it but this is a hypothetical). Leonard a threat out to the three, Green a threat from 3, Gasol a threat from 12+ ft as well as Aldridge being comfortable with outside shooting, the kid could really light up the stat sheets either scoring or passing.

BillMc
10-05-2016, 05:14 AM
If Murray cracks the rotation and sees time with both Aldridge and Gasol, he could be a terror. Since both Aldridge and Gasol are both legitimate threats to score with jumpers, the lane could be wide open for him once he gets past his defender which he has shown the ability to do. Murray becoming a starter could really jump start things (it is probably not a good idea to test it but this is a hypothetical). Leonard a threat out to the three, Green a threat from 3, Gasol a threat from 12+ ft as well as Aldridge being comfortable with outside shooting, the kid could really light up the stat sheets either scoring or passing.

In an ideal world Pop would mold Murray into a more disciplined Westbrook. Chances are small, but worth the risk...

From Downtown
10-05-2016, 07:49 AM
Bertans

gambit1990
10-10-2016, 09:25 PM
I'd rank them:

Davis Bertans
Nicolas Laprovittola
Dejounte Murray
Bryn Forbes
Ryan Arcidiacono
Patricio Garino
Livio Jean-Charles
Ryan Richards
lappy over murray :lol
forbes and arci over garino :lol

apalisoc_9
10-10-2016, 09:27 PM
Right now it looks more like

Bertans
Murray
Garino
Forbes
Livio
Laprivitolla
Irrelevant White America

tonight...you
10-10-2016, 09:29 PM
Right now it looks more like

Bertans
Murray
Garino
Forbes
Livio
Laprivitolla
Irrelevant White America
:lol Pretty darn true.

SAGirl
10-11-2016, 01:13 AM
I voted Murray but Bertans is needed. Still early though...

BillMc
10-11-2016, 11:47 AM
I voted Murray but Bertans is needed. Still early though...

I can't imagine it not being 1 of those 2. Maybe Garino as a darkhorse, if he even makes the varsity squad.

MaNu4Tres
10-11-2016, 12:03 PM
Arci, Lappro never had a chance.

Spurs will have Arci, Garino and Forbes' rights in Austin, Lappro will go back overseas. Forbes or Garino have the only chance at making the roster, but as I've said in other threads since August, I think Spurs will probably keep that 15th spot open, to have a chance to sign another big that's not named Joel Anthony once all cuts are made across the league. If not, they may keep it open if they anticipate certain buy outs during the season to bring in more depth in the front court.

gospursgojas
10-11-2016, 07:15 PM
another Ayers parallel--by the way I always misspell that guy's name, I don't know if I have right here).

Its spelled Pendergrass

BillMc
10-14-2016, 10:06 PM
Its spelled Pendergrass

waisman
10-15-2016, 12:00 AM
now is Bertans . he is third PF 3 point shooter this season.
future is Murray . he will be starting PG.

BillMc
10-22-2016, 02:53 AM
Seemed like a good time to bump this with cuts and the roster crystallizing.

Robz4000
10-22-2016, 02:56 AM
Bertans easily imo

BillMc
10-22-2016, 10:14 PM
I'd rank them:

Davis Bertans
Nicolas Laprovittola
Dejounte Murray
Bryn Forbes
Ryan Arcidiacono
Patricio Garino
Livio Jean-Charles
Ryan Richards

Looks like a pretty good call after the cuts!

DPG21920
10-23-2016, 12:01 AM
lappy over murray :lol
forbes and arci over garino :lol

Well, looks like Forbes will definitely make more of an impact than Garino :lol

DeRozan m8
10-23-2016, 02:27 AM
BERRRRRRTANNNNNNSSSSSSSSS

ceperez
10-23-2016, 03:59 AM
The signing of the two guards, Laprovitolla and Forbes is your tell that Murray isn't close to being ready.

He can definitely defend better than the two of them, but he can't shoot. He'll need some time in Austin working on that shot. If he can come back anywhere near the accuracy of Laprovitolla or Forbes then he has a chance to play. Otherwise, he is now really low in the pecking order of guards:

(1) Parker
(2) Mills
(3) Laprovittola
(4) Forbes
(5) Murray

The fact that two guards were signed tells you PATFO will live with the current bigs situation, meaning Bertans will play the 4.

The depth chart looks like this:

Gasol / Dedmon
Aldridge / Bertans / Lee
Leonard / Anderson / Simmons
Green (injured for 3 weeks) / Ginobili / Forbes
Parker / Mills / Laprotvittola / Murray (in street clothes)

When Green gets healthy, someone who should be playing will unfortunately need to sit. Green injury is a blessing in disguise for Forbes.

SAGirl
10-23-2016, 02:47 PM
That is a good rundown ceperez... though Simmons will get run b4 Forbes. In reality he would be most useful only when Manu isn't playing since he's become a ball dominant guard and is not shooting the 3 well but he's going to get his opportunities bc Pop must know if he's going to pull through or not.

Bertans will play for sure. He's edged out one of the bigs, and it might depend on who is playing good defense or not between Lee and Dedmon. He's so good, he edged Lee from the 4 to the 5 and Lee has edged Dedmon out, but Dedmon might push for time if he improves defensively.

r0drig0lac
10-23-2016, 03:00 PM
this season: Bertans
long term: Bertans

GSH
10-23-2016, 03:50 PM
Seemed like a good time to bump this with cuts and the roster crystallizing.

LOL... yeah, there were some bold predictions in this thread. This place makes fools out of all of us, sooner or later.

spurtech09
10-23-2016, 11:22 PM
Bryon Forbes.....

BillMc
12-14-2016, 11:22 AM
With a quarter of the season gone, seemed like a good time to bump this. It looks like Nico, Bertans and no one else matters (not that Bertans is over performing much either).

spursistan
12-14-2016, 11:36 AM
With a quarter of the season gone, seemed like a good time to bump this. It looks like Nico, Bertans and no one else matters (not that Bertans is over performing much either).

Bertans was running away with it until The Malice in Milwaukee happened..:lol "He needs some "getting over himself" to do" :pop:

BillMc
12-14-2016, 11:39 AM
Bertans was running away with it until the Malice in Milwaukee happened..:lol "He needs some "getting over himself" to do" :pop:

GSH
12-14-2016, 12:03 PM
Bill... you're back. I've been worried that you were on some Jason Bourne undercover mission, and couldn't get out of the country. Good to see you finally got extracted.

BillMc
12-14-2016, 12:44 PM
Bill... you're back. I've been worried that you were on some Jason Bourne undercover mission, and couldn't get out of the country. Good to see you finally got extracted.
Thanks man! All is good. I just had a combination of writing deadline, visa troubles, computer meltdown and needed a bit of a break from ST trolls ( not that our trolls don't have their moments! :lol. ) So glad to be back.:toast

As far as the Jason Bourne thing...my whole family and all their friends think I am CIA over here, my girlfriend's family thinks I am CIA, and about half my foreign friends. if I were a spook I'd be the worst since...well, James Bond, who uses his real name wherever he goes.:lol

Anyone who ever saw me fire a gun would lose the Bourne comparisons. I can just about hit a "threatening" abandoned refrigerator at 5 feet though...just about....:king

GSH
12-15-2016, 09:46 PM
Thanks man! All is good. I just had a combination of writing deadline, visa troubles, computer meltdown and needed a bit of a break from ST trolls ( not that our trolls don't have their moments! :lol. ) So glad to be back.:toast

As far as the Jason Bourne thing...my whole family and all their friends think I am CIA over here, my girlfriend's family thinks I am CIA, and about half my foreign friends. if I were a spook I'd be the worst since...well, James Bond, who uses his real name wherever he goes.:lol

Anyone who ever saw me fire a gun would lose the Bourne comparisons. I can just about hit a "threatening" abandoned refrigerator at 5 feet though...just about....:king

Echhh. My daughter is in the Peace Corps in an... under-developed country. Finishing a master's degree in Security Policy. She had a major paper due and her computer crapped out - and of course she didn't have most of it backed up. (She's getting thumb drives for Christmas.) Getting it repaired is difficult. Getting a new one is almost as difficult where she is.

As for the rest? Claiming you aren't in the CIA is exactly what you would say if you were in the CIA. I'm unconvinced.

BillMc
01-12-2017, 04:10 AM
Midseason bump to celebrate LJC's d-league 1-9 game.

SAGirl
01-19-2017, 11:28 PM
I am going to gloat... my pick Dijonnnn
with a great game!!!!!!!!
woot woot!

BillMc
03-21-2017, 04:47 PM
Well, enough time has passed that I decided to bump this. With most the season gone, we can say that both Murray and Bertans have shown flashes of being special, but neither made as much impact as most of us would hope. And Forbes has shown flashes of being worthy of an NBA roster spot, but his career is far from assured.

Hopefully a year from now all 3 will have solid contributing roles on the team.

gambit1990
03-21-2017, 05:48 PM
would still take nico over forbes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BurBSXC0oKk

SAGirl
03-21-2017, 05:51 PM
I liked Nico too. Unexplicable except to say Pop may be worried about Mills bolting for $ and bigger role and being impressed by Forbes' shooting in practice...

dabom
05-06-2017, 04:41 PM
I voted Dejounte. :tu