PDA

View Full Version : Spurs season preview by SAGirl, tbh...

ElNono
09-20-2016, 07:33 PM
SAGirl wasn't feeling well today, asked me to post this piece that she(?) has meticulously written and researched for all of you. You can thank her(?) later... I certainly wish a quick recovery to one of the better up and coming posters here, tbh...

Starters

Tony Parker: A year older, robbed of his speed, but still a virtuoso with the ball. He shouldn't have to carry much of the load scoring in this starting lineup and November Parker is a treat we all gleefully look forward to.

Danny Green: Expecting big things from him after a down year shooting-wise. His defense is going to be even more important now that we don't have a legitimate rim protector inside.

Kawhi Leonard: Entering his prime, Kawhi keeps surprising us with his development. This should really be the season where he takes the reigns of leadership and raises this team to another level.

LaMarcus Aldrige: One year into the system now, he should be more aware of where his shots are going to come from, and is another guy that will have to learn how to lead this team too.

Pau Gasol: Veteran presence, remains to be seen what's left in the tank for him and especially if he's going to demand touches, etc. Could be a huge addition or a hindrance in my humble opinion.

Bench

Patty Mills: Patty is coming off a solid Olympics showing, but he was good in international play the season before and stunk it up while with the Spurs. If his shot is going in (big if), he's a tremendous asset. Contract year for him, it's time to show the NBA what he's worth. I think he could excel spacing the floor when Kyle is dominating the boards.

Manu Ginobili: Well, most people thought he would retire alongside Duncan, but Manu is back for one more season, which is probably good news for all the young guys we have in the roster (which are many). Hopefully Pop understands that Kyle needs the ball more and Manu can take on more of a mentor role. But if that doesn't happen, it's Pop's fault.

That Dedmon guy: Not even sure what his first name is, but heard good stuff about him on Pounding the Rock, so I'm a bit puzzled, to be frank. In PATFO we trust.

Kyle Anderson: In perspective it is kind of sad that he was sent to summer league to work on some specific stuff but not knowing specifically what Pop wants. He has said players don't really know this early what role they will be asked to play during the season and from his own statements the game they showcase in summer league and what they do for the varsity team are very different games. It seems like at least the young players have to find out how the fit in around others and what roles Pop wants from them.

I think Kyle has been a real chameleon for the team, doing whatever the team needs at a given point to get himself time on the floor. He has definitely not been at liberty to play his game except when others are resting, injured, or the game was already decided either way. But considering our win record last season with him plugging holes in so many positions for injured players, the team expanding leads when the veterans sat, and winning most of the rest games, I think Kyle has earned some trust. Becky also raved about him being the best all around player in the summer and he is still just 22 years old. Even with all that, it's hard to say what Pop will do. Is he going to play mostly a 3 or a 4? I don't know.

It would be a shame to waste a year of his development when the team is likely to need him to play well in the postseason anyways and if he's not placed in positions to take shots of significance through the season, he won't reach the postseason with confidence, but it's hard to say. As I told you elsewhere, I place next season on Pop and they really should use Manu as support for the younger players at this point. At 39 he doesn't need to be carrying the bench and he can play off the ball very well with his shooting and perfect timing on his cuts. He played really well of Kawhi for example. For me, the entire thing, including Kyle's development is on Pop at this point.

He might play PF until Manu retires, but they have been growing him to make plays with the ball and I would expect to see him in that role more but not entirely yet.

For all the criticism he gets for not being an ideal off bail player, that was not his game coming into the league. It's not how he won his team's games. It's a credit to him how much he's added to his skills and how much he's worked on his shot bc he wasn't a prolific shooter. He wasn't a post up player either and maybe he's not great at right now, but he has improved a lot and is still getting better.

Bottom line, after thinking about it, I think he will be all over in positions again like last season bc he was already doing that when he was an inexperienced player with success. As he matures, and gets more saavy, why stop there? I bet it will allow Pop to play him with a variety of guys and lineups. He's versatile enough now having added 3 point shooting to fit in anywhere.

We will probably just see some growth, I am guessing, but I have tempered expectations on a breakout season bc Pop and his process likes to take the long road. Just look at Kawhi and how long it took him to take ownership of his role. It was a gradual growth over several seasons and Pop taking it easy and gradual was a big part of slowing that down. I expect the same gradual growth for Kyle and Dijon when it comes down to it. They all were drafted into a mature vet team while being very young which afforded the Spurs the ability to grow them into roles and let them develop at their own pace.

Reading that Zach Lowe article on Manu was bittersweet in the part where the article remarks that initially Manu was reduced to playing off Tim standing in a corner waiting to take a 3pt shot if he got the ball from Tim. Manu wasn't happy about that, he wanted to make plays with the ball. But Manu was 25, a mature player who had already played internationally and professionally, and he had confidence in himself and his game. He resisted Pop and eventually won out due to his tremendous talent. But we have to remember, he wasn't so much molded by Pop as already coming to Pop as he is and just getting better as he entered his prime. Pop himself had doubts he could coach him.

In the playoffs, I think Spurs parked Kyle in corners to their detriment, specially in the OKC series where the bench needed help from anybody. For better or worse, he wasn't involved in what the bench was doing. Other guys were taking shots. I agree with you that they will need him to attack mismatches and get in the paint and draw fouls, as well as take his open 3s. I do expect him to have a good individual season, but as you see I too vacillate bc how many seasons did we expect Kawhi to take that step and he didn't (who is a bigger talent and had more guaranteed playing time, role and the coach's vouching for his upside). Instead it was gradual increases with Kawhi and continued improvement, so that is kind of what I expect, but it could be different.

What helps Kyle and Dijon bottom line is that the team Kawhi joined when he was 20 was a different team, with the big 3 in the backend of their careers but still producing at a high level and good two elite years from Tony. The team Kyle joined in 2014 was stacked and looking to repeat and even last season's team was extremely deep with too many quality forwards, pushing him to play as a guard at times.

This particular team is not that stacked in forwards, or guards. There are old guys at both spots, and the Spurs need to push their young players along. Its just really hard to say with Pop and his process and whether he intends to play Lee as part of the rotation or not.

Jonathon Simmons: He's just not very good, and I suspect he'll have a very short time to prove his worth with the amount of guards that are going to be waiting in the NBDL

David Lee: Seems like a nice guy to have a beer with, not sure anymore as an NBA player.

Anyways, tried to keep this short and to the point. I might elaborate a bit more on certain player's roles (ie: Manu, Kyle) as the season goes along, and don't forget this is just an opinion, nothing personal.

Enjoy! :toast

Chinook
09-20-2016, 07:34 PM
:lmao

It's just not SAG's day.

TrainOfThought5
09-20-2016, 07:36 PM
CROFLMAOOOOO THIS IS FUCKING HILARIOUS

apalisoc_9
09-20-2016, 07:36 PM

tonight...you
09-20-2016, 07:41 PM
It's like I could smell her breath on that post...

gambit1990
09-20-2016, 07:44 PM
elnono's disregard for sagirl's jugular :wow

ElNono
09-20-2016, 07:46 PM

It's just not SAG's day.

:lol it's all in good fun, tbh, outside of MG, KA and the bits about him, the rest more or less are my thoughts, except for the Simmons bit...

gambit1990
09-20-2016, 07:52 PM
don't take it so hard sagirl... but also, don't cite bleacher report.

kaji157
09-20-2016, 08:07 PM
LOL great post

spursistan
09-20-2016, 08:33 PM
Kyle F. Anderson (born September 20, 1993)

* ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) forgot to mention SAGirl (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49524) has informed him that she will take a leave of abscence from this forum/topic for a couple hours tonight as she is in the kitchen making a cake for the occasion as we speak...All essay-posts will be due later "not feeling well"-notwithstanding.

phxspurfan
09-20-2016, 08:59 PM
SAGirl
Kyle has been a real chameleon for the team, doing whatever the team needs at a given point to get himself time on the floor. He has definitely not been at liberty to play his game except when others are resting, injured

You guys act like he's the second coming of LeBron or even Lamar Odom. He's not. He's a slow, skinny bench guy with no clear role in Today's NBA. He needs to either be faster (learn some quicks/hops from the white kid who learned to dunk please) or bulk up and be a short PF. As-is he's got no role, that's why he hasn't shown a role.

dabom
09-20-2016, 09:00 PM
I took a nap and I come back to this masterpiece. :lol

I could feel the SAGirl flowing through ElNono. C'est magnefic. :tu :lol

RD2191
09-20-2016, 09:04 PM
You mean chumpdumper?

dabom
09-20-2016, 09:04 PM
You guys act like he's the second coming of LeBron or even Lamar Odom. He's not. He's a slow, skinny bench guy with no clear role in Today's NBA. He needs to either be faster (learn some quicks/hops from the white kid who learned to dunk please) or bulk up and be a short PF. As-is he's got no role, that's why he hasn't shown a role.

If Fathead actually had any talent for any position or role, he would already be playing it. As it stands, he doesn't. No one outside of 4 people on these boards actually things Fathead will more than role player at best.

dabom
09-20-2016, 09:05 PM
You mean chumpdumper?

I could really see that...

tonight...you
09-20-2016, 09:06 PM
You mean chumpdumper?
Yeah... maybe it was his breath I could smell. Good call.

RD2191
09-20-2016, 09:07 PM
:lol. Hilarious post btw. OP bringing the goods per usual.

SAGirl
09-20-2016, 09:17 PM
:toastbthis was funny. I didn't read the Anderson part, bc you know I hate that guy.
:flag:

dabom
09-20-2016, 09:17 PM
You forgot to do Pop OP.

SAGirl
09-20-2016, 09:24 PM

Photos today.
And this:
We have to wish good luck to these guys after all.

Splits
09-20-2016, 09:34 PM
holy shit :lol

Splits
09-20-2016, 09:35 PM
What are her thoughts on Joel Anthony?

SAGirl
09-20-2016, 09:37 PM
Kyle F. Anderson (born September 20, 1993)

* ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) forgot to mention SAGirl (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49524) has informed him that she will take a leave of abscence from this forum/topic for a couple hours tonight as she is in the kitchen making a cake for the occasion as we speak...All essay-posts will be due later "not feeling well"-notwithstanding.

:lol all this lighthearted humor makes me feel too special. I am sure ppl will go back to normal in no time, you know.

SAGirl
09-20-2016, 09:49 PM
It's like I could smell her breath on that post...

I think he took some quotes from previous posts I have made to share. Its a nice funny gesture. I am sure not everyone is this refined in their humor.

SAGirl
09-20-2016, 09:51 PM
:lol it's all in good fun, tbh, outside of MG, KA and the bits about him, the rest more or less are my thoughts, except for the Simmons bit...

whose thoughts are the Simmons bit? I waver on Simmons quite a bit. Sometimes I think he can make a difference (and hope), others not so much. Probably been all over the place on Simmons, but deep down I hope he pulls through. Kind of preparing myself to detach from him if he doesn't though and he might not be re-signed either. But for this season, I hope he plays well.

BD24
09-20-2016, 09:55 PM
Great thread. Will recommend to friends and family.

spurs10
09-20-2016, 09:56 PM
When I began to have my doubts was the statement about where Patty could "excel spacing the floor when Kyle is dominating the boards." Well played El Double No...well played.

ElNono
09-20-2016, 11:19 PM
:toastbthis was funny. I didn't read the Anderson part, bc you know I hate that guy.
:flag:

Good to see you're feeling better :toast

SAGirl
09-20-2016, 11:24 PM
Good to see you're feeling better :toast

Thanks I got worn down but this was a nice pick me up. :toast

ElNono
09-20-2016, 11:24 PM
whose thoughts are the Simmons bit? I waver on Simmons quite a bit. Sometimes I think he can make a difference (and hope), others not so much. Probably been all over the place on Simmons, but deep down I hope he pulls through. Kind of preparing myself to detach from him if he doesn't though and he might not be re-signed either. But for this season, I hope he plays well.

Maybe it was Chinook that's not a fan, I thought it was you, tbh...

ElNono
09-20-2016, 11:26 PM
What are her thoughts on Joel Anthony?

Joel Anthony: Solid addition to the coaching staff, tbh... could be a good mentor for Kyle on the ups and downs of the NBA...

Spur|n|Austin
09-20-2016, 11:36 PM
Lol nice goods EN

lighten up.

spurs10
09-20-2016, 11:47 PM
Davis Bertans: Has an excellent opportunity to learn about the NBA and will be very useful giving Kyle back-rubs when he is too wound up.

Robz4000
09-20-2016, 11:50 PM
:lol good shit

HI-FI
09-21-2016, 12:00 AM
the Mexican still has it. As soon as I saw the wall of text I lost it.

Solid D
09-21-2016, 12:08 AM
___________________http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/29/files/2016/07/kyle-anderson-nba-summer-league-san-antonio-spurs-vs-golden-state-warriors.jpg___________________
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HvFlxr0NIfM/T1rgzVUxyhI/AAAAAAAAD6E/mZCbyBgajkA/s1600/IMG_0162.jpg

09-21-2016, 12:09 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

SAGirl
09-21-2016, 02:05 AM
Maybe it was Chinook that's not a fan, I thought it was you, tbh... Chinook I think doesn't like him at all, but maybe he's softened his stance, I can't talk for him. Me, I like him some ways and not others. I like certain things he can do but I don't know if he will be able to stick around.

I thought after I asked maybe you meant it as consensus take or common sense. With Spurs picking up so many dleague bound guards and one wing, maybe you read the tea leaves. There are some actual facts there.

He will just have to be more solid to be a rotation guy than last season, and we don't know if he will be able to do that, but I do hope he can play well and maybe he can.

SAGirl
09-21-2016, 02:08 AM
Don't know Joel Anthony at all. I probably won't get to know him either even with the camp signing by the looks of it and it doesn't seem like I lost much there.

SAGirl
09-21-2016, 02:30 AM
Davis Bertans: Has an excellent opportunity to learn about the NBA and will be very useful giving Kyle back-rubs when he is too wound up.
Nah I actually would like to see Bertans play, I just can't read the tea leaves with the whole Lee/Dedmon and big rotation. BErtans has got his own tweener concerns, same as Kyle. I think they can help each other, but we shall see.

TheDoctor
09-21-2016, 09:02 AM
http://airalamo.com/files/2015/10/kyle-anderson-nba-san-antonio-spurs-media-day1.jpg

https://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/280/fd183a10-9aa7-0133-6df9-0e87cd6e10c7.gif?

Chinook
09-21-2016, 09:11 AM
Don't know Joel Anthony at all. I probably won't get to know him either even with the camp signing by the looks of it and it doesn't seem like I lost much there.

Wouldn't be surprised to see this camp invite as an audition to get into coaching for the Toros or something. Sure, Joel is young enough to have a few years in Euro or even a couple at the end of a bench in the NBA. But I don't think the Spurs are seriously considering him for the 15th spot.

Chinook
09-21-2016, 09:14 AM
Chinook I think doesn't like him at all, but maybe he's softened his stance, I can't talk for him. Me, I like him some ways and not others. I like certain things he can do but I don't know if he will be able to stick around.

I thought after I asked maybe you meant it as consensus take or common sense. With Spurs picking up so many dleague bound guards and one wing, maybe you read the tea leaves. There are some actual facts there.

He will just have to be more solid to be a rotation guy than last season, and we don't know if he will be able to do that, but I do hope he can play well and maybe he can.

I don't hate Simmons. I just don't believe in him. And you have to believe in someone to re-sign them with precious cap space. If we were having this conversation a few years ago when the Spurs were always between the cap and the tax (they went 11 seasons without having to renounce cap holds for guys long retired), then you could argue that you should retain an asset for cheap. But when you're talking about needing to replace some big pieces this and next summer, you just can't afford to have an 11th man making more than the min.

turb0time
09-21-2016, 09:23 AM
RIP

Brazil
09-21-2016, 09:30 AM

My nigg ElNono doin work...

DJR210
09-21-2016, 09:34 AM
:lmao ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) w/ the goods

:lmao @ (?)

Dex
09-21-2016, 10:54 AM
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp270/ParaMerlinaGroep/Lachers/gotcha.gif

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-21-2016, 11:59 AM
Nice job! :lol

SAGirl
09-21-2016, 01:14 PM
I don't hate Simmons. I just don't believe in him. And you have to believe in someone to re-sign them with precious cap space. If we were having this conversation a few years ago when the Spurs were always between the cap and the tax (they went 11 seasons without having to renounce cap holds for guys long retired), then you could argue that you should retain an asset for cheap. But when you're talking about needing to replace some big pieces this and next summer, you just can't afford to have an 11th man making more than the min.
Yea. I agreed with your point on him. I always appreciate your insight with contracts and such. It's really not my strength. :tu

jehawk81
09-21-2016, 03:54 PM
:lol:lol:lol @ this thread

spurraider21
09-21-2016, 04:10 PM
el nono showing he still has some left in the tank :tu

alpha_HaZE
09-21-2016, 04:37 PM
SlowMo should add some athleticism to his game like so many other NBA players have.

.G.
09-21-2016, 05:02 PM
SAGirl wasn't feeling well today, asked me to post this piece that she(?) has meticulously written and researched for all of you. You can thank her(?) later... I certainly wish a quick recovery to one of the better up and coming posters here, tbh...

Starters

Tony Parker: A year older, robbed of his speed, but still a virtuoso with the ball. He shouldn't have to carry much of the load scoring in this starting lineup and November Parker is a treat we all gleefully look forward to.

Danny Green: Expecting big things from him after a down year shooting-wise. His defense is going to be even more important now that we don't have a legitimate rim protector inside.

Kawhi Leonard: Entering his prime, Kawhi keeps surprising us with his development. This should really be the season where he takes the reigns of leadership and raises this team to another level.

LaMarcus Aldrige: One year into the system now, he should be more aware of where his shots are going to come from, and is another guy that will have to learn how to lead this team too.

Pau Gasol: Veteran presence, remains to be seen what's left in the tank for him and especially if he's going to demand touches, etc. Could be a huge addition or a hindrance in my humble opinion.

Bench

Patty Mills: Patty is coming off a solid Olympics showing, but he was good in international play the season before and stunk it up while with the Spurs. If his shot is going in (big if), he's a tremendous asset. Contract year for him, it's time to show the NBA what he's worth. I think he could excel spacing the floor when Kyle is dominating the boards.

Manu Ginobili: Well, most people thought he would retire alongside Duncan, but Manu is back for one more season, which is probably good news for all the young guys we have in the roster (which are many). Hopefully Pop understands that Kyle needs the ball more and Manu can take on more of a mentor role. But if that doesn't happen, it's Pop's fault.

That Dedmon guy: Not even sure what his first name is, but heard good stuff about him on Pounding the Rock, so I'm a bit puzzled, to be frank. In PATFO we trust.

Kyle Anderson: In perspective it is kind of sad that he was sent to summer league to work on some specific stuff but not knowing specifically what Pop wants. He has said players don't really know this early what role they will be asked to play during the season and from his own statements the game they showcase in summer league and what they do for the varsity team are very different games. It seems like at least the young players have to find out how the fit in around others and what roles Pop wants from them.

I think Kyle has been a real chameleon for the team, doing whatever the team needs at a given point to get himself time on the floor. He has definitely not been at liberty to play his game except when others are resting, injured, or the game was already decided either way. But considering our win record last season with him plugging holes in so many positions for injured players, the team expanding leads when the veterans sat, and winning most of the rest games, I think Kyle has earned some trust. Becky also raved about him being the best all around player in the summer and he is still just 22 years old. Even with all that, it's hard to say what Pop will do. Is he going to play mostly a 3 or a 4? I don't know.

It would be a shame to waste a year of his development when the team is likely to need him to play well in the postseason anyways and if he's not placed in positions to take shots of significance through the season, he won't reach the postseason with confidence, but it's hard to say. As I told you elsewhere, I place next season on Pop and they really should use Manu as support for the younger players at this point. At 39 he doesn't need to be carrying the bench and he can play off the ball very well with his shooting and perfect timing on his cuts. He played really well of Kawhi for example. For me, the entire thing, including Kyle's development is on Pop at this point.

He might play PF until Manu retires, but they have been growing him to make plays with the ball and I would expect to see him in that role more but not entirely yet.

For all the criticism he gets for not being an ideal off bail player, that was not his game coming into the league. It's not how he won his team's games. It's a credit to him how much he's added to his skills and how much he's worked on his shot bc he wasn't a prolific shooter. He wasn't a post up player either and maybe he's not great at right now, but he has improved a lot and is still getting better.

Bottom line, after thinking about it, I think he will be all over in positions again like last season bc he was already doing that when he was an inexperienced player with success. As he matures, and gets more saavy, why stop there? I bet it will allow Pop to play him with a variety of guys and lineups. He's versatile enough now having added 3 point shooting to fit in anywhere.

We will probably just see some growth, I am guessing, but I have tempered expectations on a breakout season bc Pop and his process likes to take the long road. Just look at Kawhi and how long it took him to take ownership of his role. It was a gradual growth over several seasons and Pop taking it easy and gradual was a big part of slowing that down. I expect the same gradual growth for Kyle and Dijon when it comes down to it. They all were drafted into a mature vet team while being very young which afforded the Spurs the ability to grow them into roles and let them develop at their own pace.

Reading that Zach Lowe article on Manu was bittersweet in the part where the article remarks that initially Manu was reduced to playing off Tim standing in a corner waiting to take a 3pt shot if he got the ball from Tim. Manu wasn't happy about that, he wanted to make plays with the ball. But Manu was 25, a mature player who had already played internationally and professionally, and he had confidence in himself and his game. He resisted Pop and eventually won out due to his tremendous talent. But we have to remember, he wasn't so much molded by Pop as already coming to Pop as he is and just getting better as he entered his prime. Pop himself had doubts he could coach him.

In the playoffs, I think Spurs parked Kyle in corners to their detriment, specially in the OKC series where the bench needed help from anybody. For better or worse, he wasn't involved in what the bench was doing. Other guys were taking shots. I agree with you that they will need him to attack mismatches and get in the paint and draw fouls, as well as take his open 3s. I do expect him to have a good individual season, but as you see I too vacillate bc how many seasons did we expect Kawhi to take that step and he didn't (who is a bigger talent and had more guaranteed playing time, role and the coach's vouching for his upside). Instead it was gradual increases with Kawhi and continued improvement, so that is kind of what I expect, but it could be different.

What helps Kyle and Dijon bottom line is that the team Kawhi joined when he was 20 was a different team, with the big 3 in the backend of their careers but still producing at a high level and good two elite years from Tony. The team Kyle joined in 2014 was stacked and looking to repeat and even last season's team was extremely deep with too many quality forwards, pushing him to play as a guard at times.

This particular team is not that stacked in forwards, or guards. There are old guys at both spots, and the Spurs need to push their young players along. Its just really hard to say with Pop and his process and whether he intends to play Lee as part of the rotation or not.

Jonathon Simmons: He's just not very good, and I suspect he'll have a very short time to prove his worth with the amount of guards that are going to be waiting in the NBDL

David Lee: Seems like a nice guy to have a beer with, not sure anymore as an NBA player.

Anyways, tried to keep this short and to the point. I might elaborate a bit more on certain player's roles (ie: Manu, Kyle) as the season goes along, and don't forget this is just an opinion, nothing personal.

Enjoy! :toast

That was pretty fucking exhausting :lol

NameLess Scrub
09-21-2016, 07:29 PM
Couldn't dare to read Kyle's analysis.

DMC
09-21-2016, 07:30 PM
tr;dl (asian version)

SAGirl
09-21-2016, 08:15 PM
Couldn't dare to read Kyle's analysis.
Probably for the best. It's all over the place. It's different quotes from the Church of Anderson anyways. Sometimes I am too daring though. :lol. A lot if it were comments on the playoffs and summer league.

The short version: let's hope for the best and that dude has a good season. Team likely needs him.

NameLess Scrub
09-21-2016, 08:31 PM
Probably for the best. It's all over the place. It's different quotes from the Church of Anderson anyways. Sometimes I am too daring though. :lol. A lot if it were comments on the playoffs and summer league.

The short version: let's hope for the best and that dude has a good season. Team likely needs him.

I can agree with that :lol

MI21
09-21-2016, 08:33 PM
Great work, the only gripe I have is there is way to many paragraph spaces in Kyle's section. She usually posts large chunks of text with no spacing, making it impossible to read.

I want to read it as I think there is some quality opinion hidden, but it's just a complete mindfuck wall of text without spacing.

Amuseddaysleeper
09-22-2016, 12:48 AM
:lol

Brazil
09-22-2016, 10:42 AM
Manu ElNono Ginobili peaking too soon in the season tbh gonna be gassed in January... dude should coast more in particular during offseason instead playing international competitions for his country

RD2191
09-22-2016, 11:04 AM
Manu ElNono Ginobili peaking too soon in the season tbh gonna be gassed in January... dude should coast more in particular during offseason instead playing international competitions for his country

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/oh-snap.gif

ElNono
09-22-2016, 02:04 PM

January? December is more likely, tbh... but that's why we have fathead...

dabom
09-22-2016, 02:20 PM

Dude is gonna linchpin that second unit... :lol

Brazil
09-22-2016, 03:46 PM

which is a good thing because the more time he sees on the floor the better he gets as demonstrated by Chinook. Now Spurs just need to trust a third year Kyle Anderson (see I did not use Fathead, I try to avoid to be accused of sexism or trolling tbh) to lead dat bench that will put us into being a contender.

Brazil
09-22-2016, 03:48 PM

BTW and in reference to one your favorite also mentionned in OP, you should have used November :lol

ElNono
09-22-2016, 03:51 PM
BTW and in reference to one your favorite also mentionned in OP, you should have used November :lol

Manu is more of a highlight reel game here or there guy, tbh... its not just all physical anymore with him, IMO.

It's just time to enjoy him while he's still around.

Brazil
09-22-2016, 03:56 PM
Manu is more of a highlight reel game here or there guy, tbh... its not just all physical anymore with him, IMO.

It's just time to enjoy him while he's still around.

I was on the November Parker tbh

ElNono
09-22-2016, 03:58 PM
I was on the November Parker tbh

I know, but November Parker really is a physical issue...

BillMc
09-22-2016, 04:09 PM
"November Parker" sounds like the name of some faux angst-ridden Millennial singer.

SAGirl
09-22-2016, 04:24 PM
"November Parker" sounds like the name of some faux angst-ridden Millennial singer.
Hoping Bertans is ready for action and healthy TBH. Reading Nono this nostalgic, I don't know, makes me uneasy.

BillMc
09-22-2016, 04:41 PM
Hoping Bertans is ready for action and healthy TBH. Reading Nono this nostalgic, I don't know, makes me uneasy.

Manu's swansong was bound to make Nono nostalgic. Me too, he's my favorite player now that TD is gone. Nostalgia, they say, is just a mild form of depression. But that will soon be forgotten if we play well come next month. (So soon!!!)

Hoping Bertans and all the Spurs are ready to go. Would love to see your boy Kyle make "the leap" this year. Would be very good for the Spurs, especially with Manu, probably close to done.

dabom
09-22-2016, 04:44 PM
Manu's swansong was bound to make Nono nostalgic. Me too, he's my favorite player now that TD is gone. Nostalgia, they say, is just a mild form of depression. But that will soon be forgotten if we play well come next month. (So soon!!!)

Hoping Bertans and all the Spurs are ready to go. Would love to see your boy Kyle make "the leap" this year. Would be very good for the Spurs, especially with Manu, probably close to done.

Manu close to done is better than Fathead. :lol

BillMc
09-22-2016, 05:07 PM
Manu close to done is better than Fathead. :lol

Then as a true Spurs fan I know you want Kyle to continue to improve as it is good for the team.

dabom
09-22-2016, 05:11 PM
Then as a true Spurs fan I know you want Kyle to continue to improve as it is good for the team.

As a true Spurs fan I know what is hurting my team. Thoughts of Kyle becoming more than 10th role player on a team is cancerous.

Brazil
09-22-2016, 05:13 PM
As a true Spurs fan I know what is hurting my team. Thoughts of Kyle becoming more than 10th role player on a team is cancerous.

:lol merciless

beirmeistr
09-22-2016, 05:37 PM
ot----2014 finals, game 5 on nbatv rightnow

ElNono
09-22-2016, 06:38 PM

playerfans, smh

Seventyniner
09-22-2016, 07:05 PM
Good stuff ElNono, most I've laughed at a post in a while. :toast

SAGirl
09-22-2016, 07:39 PM
playerfans, smh

/sigh
It's going to be a long season for me if you quote daboom and me in the same post. /smh. I think I lose a neuron every time I read what he posts unintentionally bc someone quotes him. :lol