PDA

View Full Version : Predict Kawhi stat-line for 2016-2017 season (PPG/RPG/APG/3PT%)

spursistan
09-20-2016, 09:36 PM
Pop-permitting (ie. =>35 MPG)...I have him at 24 ppg/7rpg/3.5 apg/43% 3PT..

Look he won't get MVP playing under 35 MPG/75 games since Westbrook will be ridden to the ground and a mere 4th/5th seed for the Thunder will sway votes to him and his off-season narrative not to mention the power of "triple-doubles" alongside it..

apalisoc_9
09-20-2016, 09:57 PM
I always get the right prwdiction with kawhi.

34mpg 23ppg/7rpg/4apg
40-42% 3pt
FG 51%
FT 88%

The thunder will be an awful team.

Lebron is heavy favourite to win MVP.

Leetonidas
09-20-2016, 10:34 PM
Really don't see Leonard hitting 4apg tbh.

23.5/7/3/2/.8 imo

gambit1990
09-20-2016, 10:42 PM
won't do that, will repeat though... he'll be the 2018 mvp if we land cp3 next summer.

Play Boban
09-20-2016, 10:43 PM
13.8 PPG, 3.1 RPG, 0.4 APG, 42% FG, 29% 3PT, 67% FT.

Oh, wait, I thought this thread was about Porker. :lol

apalisoc_9
09-20-2016, 10:44 PM
Really don't see Leonard hitting 4apg tbh.

23.5/7/3/2/.8 imo

I suspect that's the area of his game he's going to explode at. Last year, he had dramatic improvments in scoring, three points and something no ine ever mentions his Free throws..The year before that, it was improving his post up craft.

Kawhi has always been a master midrange shooter..Really the best Midrange shooter in the game..even beta durant alluded to this.

look_at_g_shred
09-20-2016, 10:57 PM
22/6/2/39%

dabom
09-20-2016, 10:58 PM
22/6/2/39%

WTF? :lmao

look_at_g_shred
09-20-2016, 11:00 PM
WTF? :lmao
I like to aim low.

BillMc
09-21-2016, 12:32 AM
23/7/3/42%

Raw numbers not huge, because Pau and 2nd year LMA will take some shots, but efficiency will continue to rise.

May not get DPOY as the Spurs overall D may slip without TD. But should be over-all even better. Kawhi is just entering his prime. Look out!

For MVP...Stef and KD split the Dubs vote. Thunder won't win enough to give it to Westrbook. Kawhi has a decent chance even with these numbers if LeBron falters. (It kind of feels like the media has one more MVP to give to LBJ. Win last June really cleared the decks and they may wish to reward him once more.)

SAGirl
09-21-2016, 02:52 AM
23/7/3/42%

Raw numbers not huge, because Pau and 2nd year LMA will take some shots, but efficiency will continue to rise.

May not get DPOY as the Spurs overall D may slip without TD. But should be over-all even better. Kawhi is just entering his prime. Look out!

For MVP...Stef and KD split the Dubs vote. Thunder won't win enough to give it to Westrbook. Kawhi has a decent chance even with these numbers if LeBron falters. (It kind of feels like the media has one more MVP to give to LBJ. Win last June really cleared the decks and they may wish to reward him once more.)
I am not good predicting numbers and I think Pop's designs and systems do dictate what the team runs to a great amount and it includes meshing others in a role that takes advantage of everyone's skills and that depresses guys stats, something he's said himself.

A large factor is what Pop is doing and what ways Kawhi is been used. I do think he has a good chance for the MVP. With TD retired this is now undoubtedly and without question Kawhi's team. I do think his assists should go up bc Tony needs to be (what's the actual word? I don't have it) Tony should still be involved but they need Kawhi to close games and need him with the ball more. I think he will improve his playmaking, but not in a huge at bc they will still run plays for him to actually score not pass (or defer) and the Spurs probably will use Tony as a playmaker too and Pau bug I look forward the most to seeing Kawhi as leader. Might b the last season for Manu and Pay is probably a stopgap for a couple of seasons and not a guy to be taken for granted. There are a lot of youngsters in this team. It's Kawhi time. He's barely getting to his prime. Heh Manu himself got to the NBA at Kawhi's age. I'd say to the league prepare to be amazed!
:flag:

Chinook
09-21-2016, 08:52 AM
Really depends on if Gasol is starting. If he is, Kawhi may be more of a shooter, and his attempts will go down. And this doesn't ignore that Parker is probably still going to have a good USG% so long as he's the starting PG. He'll just have the ball at the start of a lot of plays with plenty of opportunities to use possessions that might go to the front court under ideal conditions.

So I'm thinking his scoring hold steady at around 21ppg even though his efficiency will rise. I actually expect the Spurs' efficiency to drop since Gasol will be take a lot more long shots. So I think his rebounds will rise to 7.5 ish. His assists should go up based on him just being better, so I'm thinking low 3s for him. I'm gonna believe in his year from three last season and say he's going to hold at near 44 percent again.

If Dedmon starts, I expect his scoring to go up toward 23ppg but the rest of his stats to fall slightly. Parker would justifiably use a lot of possessions if he has a PnR partner, so there go a lot of potential assists, and Dedmon would probably be the leading rebounding per-minute in the SL, so there go those. But Kawhi should have another great year from three in that case, because he'd be getting a lot of shots off great ball-movement rather than kickouts from LMA and Pau.