PDA

View Full Version : POTUS DEBATE: ROUND 1 (Monday, 9/6/16)

DMX7
09-22-2016, 09:20 PM
I think Trump is going to surprise. The bar is so low for him, but will he be able to talk policy at all?

Warlord23
09-23-2016, 06:27 AM
If I were Trump I'd adopt a portion of Bernie's agenda for the debate - support single payer healthcare, net neutrality, higher capital gains taxes, climate action and a higher minimum wage. The moderates and Bernie guys would drop Hillary instantly, the alt-right / white supremacists would think he's just conning the Jew media, the evangelicals / gun nuts would still vote for him because Hillary is a gun-grabbing baby-killer, and the uninformed ducks/rmt group would still vote for him because he'd keep the Muslims / Mexicans / refugees / <insert boogieman> at bay. And none of them would care about Trump pulling off the mother of all flip-flops.

He'd win in a landslide with that strategy. But I suspect what he really wants is a captive audience for his new media venture, so he'll probably stick to saying outrageous things and grab more headlines.

boutons_deux
09-23-2016, 06:32 AM
We know Trash will say anything, aka "improv" bullshit, absolutely none of which is believable, and certainly not do-able.

I'd love Hillary to excuse herself to the restroom, reminding smart people how Trash reacted the first time she did that.

ducks
09-23-2016, 11:11 AM
yes Obama said Clinton will say anything to get elected