PDA

View Full Version : Les Miles is gone

benefactor
09-25-2016, 03:56 PM
About time.

Silver&Black
09-25-2016, 03:58 PM
He won a lot of games.....

But, I've never seen a coach in my lifetime that was worse with clock management/time-out usage.

TheCultOfPersonality
09-25-2016, 04:03 PM
Looks like Ed Orgeron is coaching in the SEC again.

jeebus
09-25-2016, 04:06 PM
Just 5 short years after the :cry game of the century :cry

:lol

Silver&Black
09-25-2016, 04:18 PM
Looks like Ed Orgeron is coaching in the SEC again.

Speaking of terrible clock management...

djohn2oo8
09-25-2016, 04:28 PM
Herman is going to be a monster over there.

Vito Corleone
09-25-2016, 10:39 PM
Les goes down in history as the most successful coach in LSU history.

Blake
09-26-2016, 09:07 AM
Herman is going to be a monster over there.

If he goes I wonder how much. ... $7, $8 mill per?

djohn2oo8
09-26-2016, 06:24 PM
If he goes I wonder how much. ... $7, $8 mill per?
Possibly. LSU will have to rely heavily on their donors for such a fat contract. I keep seeing people say Briles could be their guy too. One or the other.

Blake
09-26-2016, 06:32 PM
Possibly. LSU will have to rely heavily on their donors for such a fat contract. I keep seeing people say Briles could be their guy too. One or the other.

I think Briles name is being thrown out to see if the shit will stick. Just can't see a power 5 school taking a PR chance on him

Avante
09-26-2016, 06:36 PM
We have to go all the way back to Y.A.Tittle to name an LSU QB who made a name for himself. Why couldn't he ever land that stud QB?

I would however waited to see how the rest of this season went.

Blake
09-26-2016, 06:41 PM
We have to go all the way back to Y.A.Tittle to name an LSU QB who made a name for himself. Why couldn't he ever land that stud QB?

Jawalrus was the #1 pick in the draft.

You suck at college football knowledge you musty fat fuck

And no, the YouTube+list+crying about me doing nothing but follow you around you're about to post doesn't mean jack shit

djohn2oo8
09-26-2016, 07:17 PM
I think Briles name is being thrown out to see if the shit will stick. Just can't see a power 5 school taking a PR chance on him
Some school will. It's shocking that any school would, but he will be employed again. LSU donors can't stop talking about him.

benefactor
09-26-2016, 07:28 PM
I would think Briles would be kinda risky at this point. Can he recruit with the rapist sympathizer label still so fresh on him?

Avante
09-26-2016, 08:21 PM
Jawalrus was the #1 pick in the draft.

You suck at college football knowledge you musty fat fuck

And no, the YouTube+list+crying about me doing nothing but follow you around you're about to post doesn't mean jack shit

As we can see this dummy too stupid to get what..."make a name for himself"...means. Oh hell no, talking Y.A.Tittle no history there.

Poor little kid.

djohn2oo8
09-26-2016, 08:25 PM
I would think Briles would be kinda risky at this point. Can he recruit with the rapist sympathizer label still so fresh on him?
America loves apologies. He can do it.

Blake
09-26-2016, 09:07 PM
America loves apologies. He can do it.

It's true that America is quick to forgive winners as long as they keep winning

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-27-2016, 08:20 AM
USC-bound.

Avante
09-27-2016, 12:03 PM
If Miles could keep all that Cali (huge %) talent in the state he could bring my Trojans back to the glory days. Only Florida/Texas rival USC when it comes to HS football talent. And Texas has a number of schools to divide the talent as does Florida. USC is by far THE school in Cali. As we know Stanford can't get a lot of these guys because of academics.

There are over 500 HS's in the LA area alone. So many HS's in Cali. so many great NFL players out of Cali HS's.

Vito Corleone
09-28-2016, 03:43 PM
So far Saban has taken a chance on Sark and Kiffin. I wonder if he would be willing to take a chance on brining Briles over as a OC? Talk about scary, Baylor offense and the Bama defense.

Pelicans78
10-01-2016, 03:10 PM
If Miles could keep all that Cali (huge %) talent in the state he could bring my Trojans back to the glory days. Only Florida/Texas rival USC when it comes to HS football talent. And Texas has a number of schools to divide the talent as does Florida. USC is by far THE school in Cali. As we know Stanford can't get a lot of these guys because of academics.

There are over 500 HS's in the LA area alone. So many HS's in Cali. so many great NFL players out of Cali HS's.

LSU was an easy place to recruit. Goldmine of talent with no in-state competition. LSU never had talent problems. He just sucked as a coach the last few years.

Clipper Nation
10-01-2016, 03:43 PM
USC-bound.
Les is 62 years old and the game has passed him by. I'd be shocked if he gets another head coaching job anytime soon. If he does, it won't be at a blue-blood. It'll be at a smaller program with lower expectations and less stress, like Tuberville at Cincinnati or Frank Solich at Ohio.

Avante
10-02-2016, 02:00 AM
LSU was an easy place to recruit. Goldmine of talent with no in-state competition. LSU never had talent problems. He just sucked as a coach the last few years.

So he just all of a sudden lost it?

From 2006 to 2010 he lost...14 games
From 2011 to 2015 he lost...15 games

So he got fired because???

Love to have him as my Trojans head coach. USC gets far better RB;s than LSU, just not right now.

Blake
10-02-2016, 03:03 AM

Love to have him as my Trojans head coach. USC gets far better RB;s than LSU, just not right now.

You're an idiot

Pelicans78
10-02-2016, 09:00 AM

He also won a championship from between 2006-2007 and you conveniently leave out how he lost 16 games between 2012-2016 without a major bowl game and never beating his biggest rival once during that span. The program stalled overall with the offense and the passing game becoming an embarassment despite having big-time WRs. It's obvious you're just talking out of your mouth because you really have no clue what was going on with the program.

Avante
10-02-2016, 11:22 PM
He also won a championship from between 2006-2007 and you conveniently leave out how he lost 16 games between 2012-2016 without a major bowl game and never beating his biggest rival once during that span. The program stalled overall with the offense and the passing game becoming an embarassment despite having big-time WRs. It's obvious you're just talking out of your mouth because you really have no clue what was going on with the program.

Well since I have every game LSU has played 2006-2015 right here in front of me with all the scores, you are 100% wrong.

If a coach got fired because he couldn't beat Alabama who would be left?

Pelicans78
10-03-2016, 08:06 AM
Well since I have every game LSU has played 2006-2015 right here in front of me with all the scores, you are 100% wrong.

If a coach got fired because he couldn't beat Alabama who would be left?

He got fired after he lost to an average Auburn team. And you can claim you have every game in front of you which I seriously doubt you've watched most of them, but I live in this state, read all the articles, watch the games, etc. His program became stagnant after 2011. Offense never evolved, passing game sucked, wasted great talent every season. He sent more guys to the pros the last few seasons compared to anyone else and couldn't get the job done. His offense may work in the PAC-12 where defenses aren't quite as physical, but I seriously doubt he will get a major head coaching job anywhere else.

Avante
10-03-2016, 12:50 PM
He got fired after he lost to an average Auburn team. And you can claim you have every game in front of you which I seriously doubt you've watched most of them, but I live in this state, read all the articles, watch the games, etc. His program became stagnant after 2011. Offense never evolved, passing game sucked, wasted great talent every season. He sent more guys to the pros the last few seasons compared to anyone else and couldn't get the job done. His offense may work in the PAC-12 where defenses aren't quite as physical, but I seriously doubt he will get a major head coaching job anywhere else.

I;m a gambler, so I need info, I own THE PLAYBOOK, which gives the reader every stat/trend there is when it comes to ATS wagering. I have all the Division I teams last 10 years in that mag...ok?

I folllow all divisions, and can talk LSU football back when Billy Cannon was there, alright?

Les Miles beats Auburn, now what? Well?

Blake
10-03-2016, 01:51 PM
Because what Billy Cannon food back in the day is relevant to studying the spread this Saturday.

God you're stupid.

Avante
10-03-2016, 07:04 PM
Poor little kid, ya really have to pity the guy. And I do.

Vito Corleone
10-04-2016, 06:38 AM
You know what I love about this thread? I have a specific person blocked so I can't read his stupid comments, but I can read your reaction to them. It's glorious.

Clipper Nation
10-04-2016, 09:11 AM

Recruiting was never the issue for Les. He was incapable of developing a quarterback of his own. The only QBs who played well under Les were either left behind by Saban and Jimbo or were already developed at another school/JuCo before coming to Baton Rouge. He did land Zach Mettenberger, but that was after he was already developed at Georgia and Butler CC.

Clipper Nation
10-04-2016, 09:13 AM
I;m a gambler, so I need info, I own THE PLAYBOOK, which gives the reader every stat/trend there is when it comes to ATS wagering. I have all the Division I teams last 10 years in that mag...ok?

I folllow all divisions, and can talk LSU football back when Billy Cannon was there, alright?

Les Miles beats Auburn, now what? Well?
:cry "I have my almanac, I don't need to watch the games!" :cry

Avante
10-04-2016, 01:58 PM
:cry "I have my almanac, I don't need to watch the games!" :cry

Little guy, Fridays is my get it all done day so Sat-MNF are free during football season, ok? Seen more football games than anyone on this ST, ok?

So as usual, 100% wrong.

Been watching SEC games before Wilbur Jackson showed up in Alabama, ok? Wanna talk Billy Cannon and those LSU teams? Who was that LSU RB will that long ass neck?