PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else impressed by the Broncos?

Thebesteva
09-25-2016, 04:56 PM
I am not anticipating a repeat or anything crazy...the NFL doesnt work like that but I was reading tons of reports that the Broncos are just a wild card team this season and will look unimpressive. I think people forget how subpar they looked most of last season.

They have looked very good thus far and are doing much better than the projected rankings had them. The defense is still a monster and the rookie QB Trevor is doing way better than expected.

Not expecting anything special after last years superbowl win but it wouldnt stun me if they did return to the SB either.

HarlemHeat37
09-25-2016, 05:15 PM
Reports from mainstream media and casual fans are usually inaccurate, my nigga:lol the same media still acts like Manning played a part in the SB run..

Broncos' defense might be slightly worse without Jackson(Trevathean's loss never bothered me), but the offense is significantly better than last year..not only did they upgrade at QB, but they can also finally run Kubiak's system and run the ball, rather than catering to Manning..

They are on their own level right now, along with New England(just like last season, where the AFC title game was the real SB), but obviously the best team doesn't always win in the NFL, so it's irrelevant..

:lmao John Elway the don driving up Assweiler's price, knowing hes atrocious..

Pelicans78
09-25-2016, 06:03 PM
I'm impressed. Fun team to watch unlike last year under Peyton.

Chris
09-25-2016, 06:07 PM
Ware looks banged up; he will be crucial to another Superbowl run imo

spurraider21
09-25-2016, 06:39 PM
incredibly impressed

Mal
09-25-2016, 06:44 PM
I`m impressed. Siemian is good QB, defense is on superbowl level.

Thebesteva
09-25-2016, 07:01 PM
Reports from mainstream media and casual fans are usually inaccurate, my nigga:lol the same media still acts like Manning played a part in the SB run..

Broncos' defense might be slightly worse without Jackson(Trevathean's loss never bothered me), but the offense is significantly better than last year..not only did they upgrade at QB, but they can also finally run Kubiak's system and run the ball, rather than catering to Manning..

They are on their own level right now, along with New England(just like last season, where the AFC title game was the real SB), but obviously the best team doesn't always win in the NFL, so it's irrelevant..

:lmao John Elway the don driving up Assweiler's price, knowing hes atrocious..

I'm impressed. Fun team to watch unlike last year under Peyton.

incredibly impressed

I`m impressed. Siemian is good QB, defense is on superbowl level.

Not to mention theyve played against a HIGHLY motivated Panthers team looking for revenge, a Colts team that always seems to find a way to beat us, and @ Bengals today.

I think people forget lat season we lost to Raiders and almost to the Chargers in a crucial final game of the season...we looked EXTREMELY subpar most of the regular season

johnsmith
09-26-2016, 03:07 PM
This season so far is going exactly how I thought it would (which is saying something because I'm usually wrong).

Everyone kept telling me we were fucked without Manning. All of those people obviously never really watched the Broncos last year because a trained monkey would have been an upgrade from his noodle arm last year. Turns out the monkey we trained is pretty fucking good so far and can help us establish an actual run game.

Losing Malik hurt a bit but our defense is still top 3 and comes up huge in huge spots, and now our offense is at least average. I can't wait for the divisional games because that will be the true test if we can win the West again. Honestly, it's between us and the Pats, who can also win with a trained monkey but unfortunately get to roll out the GOAT in a couple weeks.

Finally, I firmly believe Von Miller is the best defensive player in football....and all those "but Ware is out" comments are from people that haven't watched Shane and Shaq ball out....Ware is a beast, but those two guys are future pro bowlers.

johnsmith
09-26-2016, 03:08 PM
Ware looks banged up; he will be crucial to another Superbowl run imo

Nah

Avante
09-26-2016, 06:24 PM
In 2015 they only lost 4 games and only one by more than 7 points. They have gone...18-4.

What's not to like and as they showed in 2015 they can win despite the QB, and the guy they have is playing great. Very realistic to see a 13-3/12-4 season and another division title.

HarlemHeat37
09-26-2016, 06:48 PM
Ware is just a luxury, at this point, tbh..he's not essential anymore..

Shane Ray has definitely surpassed him IMO..

Thebesteva
09-26-2016, 07:46 PM
This season so far is going exactly how I thought it would (which is saying something because I'm usually wrong).

Everyone kept telling me we were fucked without Manning. All of those people obviously never really watched the Broncos last year because a trained monkey would have been an upgrade from his noodle arm last year. Turns out the monkey we trained is pretty fucking good so far and can help us establish an actual run game.

Losing Malik hurt a bit but our defense is still top 3 and comes up huge in huge spots, and now our offense is at least average. I can't wait for the divisional games because that will be the true test if we can win the West again. Honestly, it's between us and the Pats, who can also win with a trained monkey but unfortunately get to roll out the GOAT in a couple weeks.

Finally, I firmly believe Von Miller is the best defensive player in football....and all those "but Ware is out" comments are from people that haven't watched Shane and Shaq ball out....Ware is a beast, but those two guys are future pro bowlers.

What I remember the most about last season is that every W was forceful except ironically the superbowl W. Every single game was a struggle to win...the Broncos just somehow found a way to win using their D because the O was absent.

johnsmith
09-26-2016, 08:03 PM
What I remember the most about last season is that every W was forceful except ironically the superbowl W. Every single game was a struggle to win...the Broncos just somehow found a way to win using their D because the O was absent.

Absolutely. All the games went down to a defensive stop in the fourth. This is a better team.

johnsmith
09-26-2016, 08:04 PM
Ware is just a luxury, at this point, tbh..he's not essential anymore..

Shane Ray has definitely surpassed him IMO..

It's awfully close....although if you listen to the media and most casual fans, Ware is head and shoulders above him.

Thebesteva
10-02-2016, 05:50 PM
:bobo

johnsmith
10-02-2016, 08:35 PM
Excellent.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-02-2016, 08:46 PM
Defense is just as good as last year. Maliek Jackson is overrated and was a two gapper; those guys are replaceable.

Offense looks better this year than last year with fresh legs (whether Lynch or Siemian, which both look pretty good so far) at QB instead of the old slowpoke with the broken arm. Sanders and Thomas are beasts and Anderson is very good, too.

Thebesteva
10-03-2016, 03:48 AM
Defense is just as good as last year. Maliek Jackson is overrated and was a two gapper; those guys are replaceable.

Offense looks better this year than last year with fresh legs (whether Lynch or Siemian, which both look pretty good so far) at QB instead of the old slowpoke with the broken arm. Sanders and Thomas are beasts and Anderson is very good, too.

I appreciate what Manning did for this franchise...what people dont understand was his arrival is what brought most of this talent here + Elways GM'ing. However, I do agree, Manning was non existent last year. We were BARELY winning games last year...I dont recall any blow outs in any games and we barely beat the Steelers+Patriots and did enough to beat the Panthers.

If we had this offense those games wouldnt be CLOSE.

Fabbs
10-03-2016, 06:17 AM
In 2015 they only lost 4 games and only one by more than 7 points. They have gone...18-4.

What's not to like and as they showed in 2015 they can win despite the QB, and the guy they have is playing great. Very realistic to see a 13-3/12-4 season and another division title.
Wow, sounds like you dug really deep in your almanac to pull out those revelations.

spurraider21
10-03-2016, 12:04 PM
Must suck to be a Texans fan...

Seeing kubiak dominate in Denver while being stuck with lossweiler/assweiler. And JJ Watts injury

UNT Eagles 2016
10-03-2016, 12:12 PM
Must suck to be a Texans fan...

Seeing kubiak dominate in Denver while being stuck with lossweiler/assweiler. And JJ Watts injury

On the bright side, there's no way they don't make the playoffs, unlike teams like the Raiders which will have to fight to compete for a wild card spot

Ghazi
10-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Broncos stacked

UNT Eagles 2016
10-03-2016, 01:25 PM
Next game is going to be very interesting... best offense in the NFL vs. the best defense in the NFL, but the Broncos are at home. Still, the Broncos haven't faced an offense this good in a long time... I could see the Falcons winning

johnsmith
10-03-2016, 01:43 PM
Next game is going to be very interesting... best offense in the NFL vs. the best defense in the NFL, but the Broncos are at home. Still, the Broncos haven't faced an offense this good in a long time... I could see the Falcons winning

Honestly, the Broncos haven't faced anyone that great on either side of the ball. This will definitely be the test to see if a repeat is realistic....which at the beginning of the season I honestly didn't think there would be.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-03-2016, 01:48 PM
Honestly, the Broncos haven't faced anyone that great on either side of the ball. This will definitely be the test to see if a repeat is realistic....which at the beginning of the season I honestly didn't think there would be.

Your defense is great but you haven't really faced a Julio type yet... I don't see your elite but smallish CBs hanging with Julio, so it could be a dogfight.

Also props to me for having the Falcons as playoff contenders before the season when nobody else did

johnsmith
10-09-2016, 03:30 PM
I realize it's the first quarter, but if we don't take our heads out of our asses.....we're gonna get fucking humiliated.

HarlemHeat37
10-09-2016, 04:07 PM
I realize it's the first quarter, but if we don't take our heads out of our asses.....we're gonna get fucking humiliated.

Looking like an L early on, not that surprising, tbh..can't go undefeated..

The difference between Siemian and Lynch is substantial, though..the latter isn't ready to be an NFL QB yet, he looks like Assweiler.. fortunately, it's just his first start..

Thebesteva
10-09-2016, 05:11 PM

The difference between Siemian and Lynch is substantial, though..the latter isn't ready to be an NFL QB yet, he looks like Assweiler.. fortunately, it's just his first start..

Not a good game by Lynch tbh...but hes super green

Will Hunting
10-09-2016, 05:15 PM

Its pretty obvious that NE/Denver are the two best teams when their QBs are healthy, tbh

HarlemHeat37
10-09-2016, 05:28 PM
Its pretty obvious that NE/Denver are the two best teams when their QBs are healthy, tbh

No fear of Pittsburgh?

Hoops Czar
10-09-2016, 05:34 PM

They're making Atlanta look pretty elite today.

Ghazi
10-09-2016, 05:37 PM
Minnesota tbh

Will Hunting
10-09-2016, 06:39 PM
No fear of Pittsburgh?

I stil think big rape has a bad game at the wrong time.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-09-2016, 09:54 PM
Atlanta's offense just a bit too much, as I predicted correctly.

Clipper Nation
10-13-2016, 11:20 PM
Yes. I'm impressed that the Broncos managed to outchoke a Mike McCuck "coached" team that is actively trying to tank. I guess they've still got the Peyton Manning choke gene in them.

Might as well end the season now and declare the Patriots champions. It's over.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-13-2016, 11:43 PM
:lmao

Robz4000
10-14-2016, 03:37 AM
God damn, way to screw your team over

UNT Eagles 2016
10-14-2016, 10:33 AM
Yes. I'm impressed that the Broncos managed to outchoke a Mike McCuck "coached" team that is actively trying to tank. I guess they've still got the Peyton Manning choke gene in them.

Might as well end the season now and declare the Patriots champions. It's over.

that's stupid... even if you're just talking AFC, tons of football to be played and the Patsies still have to go on the road to play PIT and DEN... not such an easy schedule this year for them.

Spur-Addict
10-14-2016, 11:34 AM
Okung left the stadium in an ambulance, hope he's alright. Guy just can't seem to stay on the field.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-14-2016, 01:24 PM
Okung left the stadium in an ambulance, hope he's alright. Guy just can't seem to stay on the field.

Another good decision by Carroll?

Spur-Addict
10-17-2016, 10:11 AM
Another good decision by Carroll?

John Schneider/Pete Carroll tbh

HarlemHeat37
11-07-2016, 12:22 PM
Last night was a season-ender, tbh..

Talib out again next week and his back injury will probably linger, all season(which is generally the case with back injuries)..Wolfe has a fractured elbow and he'll miss at least 3-4 games(conservative estimate)..despite ranking as the #1 D in the AFC, statistically, the run D has been mediocre, and it's only going to get worse with Wolfe out..

With 2 of the 3 best defensive players on the team out + Marshall's questionable hamstring(missed most of the Raiders game), this team is done..

The offense started off the season really well, but they have regressed back into last year's unit..it's probably time to give Lynch a shot, despite looking horrible in his 1st start..it won't make a difference, though, as they can't run the ball and the O-line sucks..

Just a "good" defense + a bad offense won't be sufficient to make the playoffs IMO..it's all good, though, at least they got the SB and the best defense in NFL history, last year:lol

Ghazi
11-07-2016, 02:17 PM
11-5... possibly a BYE in playoffs... douct they can win in Foxboro though

HarlemHeat37
11-07-2016, 03:45 PM
11-5... possibly a BYE in playoffs... douct they can win in Foxboro though

They will finish 9-7 IMO, competing with SD for the 6 seed..

@NO- L
KC- W
@Jax- W
@Ten- L
NE- L
@KC- L
Oak- W

Pelicans78
11-07-2016, 03:58 PM

@NO- L
KC- W
@Jax- W
@Ten- L
NE- L
@KC- L
Oak- W

The Tennessee game will be close, but I think you guys can pull it out.

Ghazi
11-07-2016, 04:03 PM
O YE of little faith!

HarlemHeat37
11-13-2016, 06:45 PM
What a fluky ass win, thanks to those white cleats, tbh:lol

Defense deserves an A+, considering they were without 2 of the top 3 players on the unit..

spurraider21
11-13-2016, 06:48 PM
What a fluky ass win, thanks to those white cleats, tbh:lol

Defense deserves an A+, considering they were without 2 of the top 3 players on the unit..
Broncos and Chiefs had disgusting wins today. What a frustrating bye week :lol

spurraider21
12-19-2016, 03:02 PM
hopefully you guys can take care of KC next week tbh

HarlemHeat37
12-20-2016, 05:17 PM

@NO- L
KC- W
@Jax- W
@Ten- L
NE- L
@KC- L
Oak- W

Looking like 8-8, tbh..sad finish after a great start, but whatever, it's virtually impossible to repeat in today's NFL, anyways..

They will lose the next 2 games, without a doubt IMO..the team has imploded, and the defense is now feuding with the offensive line, reportedly..not surprising, as this is one of the worst offensive lines I've ever seen, tbh:lol

Kubiak deserves some blame, despite winning the SB(although he didn't have much to do with it)..his calling card is running the ball, yet this team hasn't been able to have any semblance of a running attack during his tenure..if you're going to use an inexperienced, 7th round pick at QB, you need to have a running game, an offensive line and some weapons(Sanders is great, DT is good when he's on, but there's nothing else on offense)..

spurraider21
12-20-2016, 06:23 PM
denver's decline was pretty predictable, but hopefully you can do us a solid and beat KC

Avante
12-20-2016, 06:34 PM
denver's decline was pretty predictable, but hopefully you can do us a solid and beat KC

The good news is this...

In the Andy Reid era, he's 0-3 vs Denver in KC.

HarlemHeat37
12-20-2016, 06:59 PM

There isn't much of a difference between Denver, Oakland, and KC, tbh..all their overall metrics are virtually the same(point differential, strength of schedule and srs)..

On paper, they can win @ KC, but there's a pretty solid chance that they have imploded in the locker room IMO..