PDA

View Full Version : *** Official 2016 Presidential Debate I Thread ***

UNT Eagles 2016
09-26-2016, 08:10 PM
Hillary just sounded very presidential... so is Trump, actually... Hillary emphasizing "making the wealthy pay their fair share" in opening comments, Trump emphasizing "other countries stealing jobs from American workers".

UNT Eagles 2016
09-26-2016, 08:11 PM
Trump: "I'll reduce taxes on both big and small businesses"... just compared his plan to Reagan's trickle-down thingy.

Trump complaining about free trade stealing American jobs.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-26-2016, 08:12 PM
Hillary criticizing trickle-down economics and stating she'll ease taxes on small businesses but raise them on big business and that that will help the middle class.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-26-2016, 08:15 PM
Trump blaming our trade deals with China for the loss of U.S. jobs and blaming the mainstream establishment for not understanding the economics of free trade with countries with VAT and similar taxes that is worsening our trade and budget deficit and taking jobs away from American workers.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-26-2016, 08:16 PM
Trump advertising and branding his tariff that will, in fact, penalize the big businesses he just promised to defend.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-26-2016, 08:17 PM
Hillary accuses Trump of actually "rooting" for the 2008 housing crisis which caused over five million Americans, mostly in the middle-class, to lose their jobs and wealth. Hillary is stating that Trump's tax plan will disadvantage middle class families and actually cause 3 million more jobs to be lost and potentially lead us into another recession.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-26-2016, 08:19 PM
Hillary is stating that Trump is "clueless" regarding the environment and that she believes Trump thinks it's a complete hoax. He argued. He retorts that, though all forms of energy including renewable ones should be considered, it is impractical to cut off our nose to spite our face by shunning any form of energy because that would help retain jobs in the country, to include fossil-fuel manufacturing jobs.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-26-2016, 08:23 PM
Trump blasting NAFTA like crazy and trying hard for Ohio and Pennsylvania by citing certain declining job statistics, particularly in manufacturing in those states, which he says were caused by NAFTA.

Hillary defending NAFTA and then backtracking. Trump accuses Hillary of not having a plan.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-26-2016, 08:25 PM
Trump blasting regulations as being responsible for companies going out of business and moving jobs out of the country and shunning Hillary's proposed tax increase on the big businesses who have invested in her all along.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-26-2016, 08:27 PM
Trump continuing to ship the trickle down thingy as a large benefit to the middle class.

Avante
09-26-2016, 08:31 PM
Never realized just how much cool/class Obama had until these two jokes showed up.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-26-2016, 08:45 PM
I don't like how Trump has already interrupted Hillary a couple times, once even having to be told by the moderator to shut up and let her have her turn.

Avante
09-26-2016, 09:23 PM
Trump is coming off really bad here. He's blowing it.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-26-2016, 09:27 PM
Trump is coming off really bad here. He's blowing it.

I can't fucking believe he said his greatest quality is his temperament. I hope he was joking for his sake.

DMC
09-26-2016, 09:48 PM
You two are doing a bang up job.

Avante
09-26-2016, 10:14 PM
You two are doing a bang up job.

Why this.....I must be a prick...bullshit guy? I'd love to see you play that in person.

DMC
09-26-2016, 10:24 PM
Why this.....I must be a prick...bullshit guy? I'd love to see you play that in person.
I'd kick your fat ass Larry. Then I'd ass rape Mason.

Avante
09-26-2016, 11:06 PM
I'd kick your fat ass Larry. Then I'd ass rape Mason.

Little guy, I'd simply sic Mason on ya and after he got done stomping your fat ass, I'd walk up and kick ya in that one nut of yours ya little faggot. Dude, trust me on this, you do not want any part of Mason. Obviously I'm on a whole other level.

RGMCSE
09-27-2016, 09:05 AM
I'm I the only one that likes Trumps style? Hilary sounds like a career politician. She's condescending and doesn't at all sound like she gives a shit about Americans. She sounds like she's more worried about the rest of the world. Trump sounds like he actually has a plan to help our own. Hilary should sound like she knows what she's talking about because she's been in it for 30 years. That's not necessarily what I'm looking for.

Avante
09-27-2016, 10:23 AM
I'm I the only one that likes Trumps style? Hilary sounds like a career politician. She's condescending and doesn't at all sound like she gives a shit about Americans. She sounds like she's more worried about the rest of the world. Trump sounds like he actually has a plan to help our own. Hilary should sound like she knows what she's talking about because she's been in it for 30 years. That's not necessarily what I'm looking for.

The thing is all those who want a change will back Trump. All those wanting a non politican at the helm will back Trump. His platform of....I will change things and fast......very strong.

But, he totally sucked last night.

He is good for America however, he is the perfect example of how anyone can be a success.

leemajors
09-27-2016, 10:28 AM

:lmao

RGMCSE
09-27-2016, 12:50 PM
:lmao

I'm undecided. But I think I know who your voting for.

BD24
09-27-2016, 01:09 PM
The thing is all those who want a change will back Trump. All those wanting a non politican at the helm will back Trump. His platform of....I will change things and fast......very strong.

But, he totally sucked last night.

He is good for America however, he is the perfect example of how anyone can be a success.
Yea anyone with a rich daddy who gives them money to start a business and then bails them out when that business fails. Oh wait, that doesn't sound like the every day Joe Smo.

leemajors
09-27-2016, 01:13 PM
I'm undecided. But I think I know who your voting for.

I am not a big fan of either, tbh. I just don't see how you can say Trump has any other plan than interrupting people.

Avante
09-27-2016, 01:16 PM
Yea anyone with a rich daddy who gives them money to start a business and then bails them out when that business fails. Oh wait, that doesn't sound like the every day Joe Smo.

Dude, stop with this trying to prove others wrong, ok guy? Talk about the topic, ok?

So all those kids with rich daddy's became billionaires and run for President?

BD24
09-27-2016, 01:18 PM
Dude, stop with this trying to prove others wrong, ok guy? Talk about the topic, ok?
I addressed your statement, why not respond guy?....Well?

Avante
09-27-2016, 01:20 PM
I addressed your statement, why not respond guy?....Well?

I;ll go slow...

This thread is about the debate, not you and me ok little guy? So what is your take on the debate?

RGMCSE
09-27-2016, 07:28 PM
I am not a big fan of either, tbh. I just don't see how you can say Trump has any other plan than interrupting people.

Im in the same boat actually. I haven't voted in the last 8 years. I already knew what the outcome would be. So this current race actually has something different. Trump touting Reaganomics was a smart plan imho.

leemajors
09-27-2016, 07:40 PM
Im in the same boat actually. I haven't voted in the last 8 years. I already knew what the outcome would be. So this current race actually has something different. Trump touting Reaganomics was a smart plan imho.

Didn't Reaganomics triple the national debt?

RGMCSE
09-28-2016, 02:29 AM

What has obanomics done?

boutons_deux
09-28-2016, 06:17 AM

St Ronnie doubled the national debt, switching American from "tax and spend" to "borrow and spend"

dubya and dickhead tripled it.

"Trump touting Reaganomics was a smart plan imho" :lol St Ronnie, tool of the VRWC, started the VRWC shitball rolling. Even his budget guy, Stockman, says if was all a shitball. St Ronnie and his two administrations were a gawdawful shitstorm, much of which continues to today.

btw, Repugs had nothing to say in the dubya Reign of Error about national debt that they increased.

The Repug/VRWC deficit/Social Security hawks started squawking only after a Obama was elected.

RGMCSE
09-28-2016, 10:41 AM
Again what has Obama done?

UNT Eagles 2016
09-29-2016, 12:35 PM
Again what has Obama done?

Pros:

-kept the status quo largely intact
-legalized gay marriage
-strengthened USA relations with Cuba
-vetoed the Saudi lawsuit bill
-didn't attack the Syrian government, particularly back in 2013 (which Hillary would have)
-good ambassador for the NBA and basketball in general
-didn't follow through on his threats to close Guantanamo or implement cap-and-trade

Cons:

-Obamacare was a disaster
-Stimulus and skyrocketed the national debt
-Weak against terrorism
-Made race relations and race polarization much worse in USA; increased social segregation
-Increased regulations harmful to investors, particularly in real estate and precious metals
-Let future Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi out of prison in 2009

Neutral:

-fulfilled promise to leave Iraq midway through his time in office; this did, however, help lead to ISIS
-didn't engage much in Israel-Palestine
-vacationed a record proportion of his time in office

I give him a C-.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-29-2016, 12:57 PM
Obama: C-
Bush II: C
Clinton: C+
Bush I: C+
Reagan: B-
Carter: D
Ford: Incomplete
Nixon: B+ (Watergate notwithstanding)
Johnson: D+
Kennedy: Incomplete
Eisenhower: A-
Truman: A-
FDR: C+

SpursforSix
09-29-2016, 01:17 PM
Pros:

-kept the status quo largely intact
-legalized gay marriage
-strengthened USA relations with Cuba
-vetoed the Saudi lawsuit bill
-didn't attack the Syrian government, particularly back in 2013 (which Hillary would have)
-good ambassador for the NBA and basketball in general
-didn't follow through on his threats to close Guantanamo or implement cap-and-trade

Cons:

-Obamacare was a disaster
-Stimulus and skyrocketed the national debt
-Weak against terrorism
-Made race relations and race polarization much worse in USA; increased social segregation
-Increased regulations harmful to investors, particularly in real estate and precious metals
-Let future Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi out of prison in 2009

Neutral:

-fulfilled promise to leave Iraq midway through his time in office; this did, however, help lead to ISIS
-didn't engage much in Israel-Palestine
-vacationed a record proportion of his time in office

I give him a C-.

what about opening the doors to terrorist "refugees"? Is that a pro or con?

spurraider21
09-29-2016, 01:35 PM
i feel like somebody running for the most powerful elected office on the planet should know what he/she's talking about tbh

UNT Eagles 2016
09-29-2016, 02:03 PM
what about opening the doors to terrorist "refugees"? Is that a pro or con?

Falls under "weak against terrorism"

SpursforSix
09-29-2016, 02:34 PM
Falls under "weak against terrorism"

I don't know about that. I think open borders is a different category. Expeshilly if you include the southern border.