PDA

View Full Version : Man sues airline because he had to sit next to obese man for 9 hours

InRareForm
09-27-2016, 01:14 PM
https://consumerist.com/2016/09/27/traveler-sues-emirates-because-he-was-seated-next-to-obese-man-for-9-hour-flight/

BD24
09-27-2016, 01:18 PM
Good for him. I hate when I am on a plane and there a fat ass like Pedovante spilling over into my seat. Fucking disgusting.

Chris
09-27-2016, 01:28 PM
I bet he was a heavy breather and his breath smelled bad. :lol

Trainwreck2100
09-27-2016, 01:31 PM
I had to stand in the aisle, sit on seats reserved for the cabin crew when they were free, and in the final phase of flight resign myself to suffer the spillover of the passenger at my side,”

looks like the attendants did their best to try and help him

InRareForm
09-27-2016, 01:49 PM
For damages? Did his stomach leak sweat that made you sick?

Avante
09-27-2016, 01:59 PM
Good for him. I hate when I am on a plane and there a fat ass like Pedovante spilling over into my seat. Fucking disgusting.

Last three times I was on a plane.

Avante....so where do you work?
Stranger....yakyakyaketyyak
Avante....lucky you.
Stranger...can I ask you a question?
Avante...shoot.
Stranger...what do you do to look like that?
Avante...no drugs, shit food, no serious drinking and progressive weight training, and the right sleep, sleep very important. And, stay far far away from stress.
Stranger....so what exercises to get those (pointing to my biceps)
Avante.....(we end up talking how this skinny/fat guy can turn it around, then as we are landing)
Stranger....thank you so much, I really enjoyed that, nice meeting you.
Avante....cool, and a pleasure meeting you, see ya.

Chinook
09-27-2016, 02:08 PM
Must've been embarrassing as shit for that fat guy. Can you imagine someone just straight-up making a scene about you for nine hours straight?

SpursforSix
09-27-2016, 02:11 PM

Avante....lucky you.
Avante...shoot.
Avante...no drugs, shit food, no serious drinking and progressive weight training, and the right sleep, sleep very important. And, stay far far away from stress.
Avante.....(we end up talking how this skinny/fat guy can turn it around, then as we are landing)

Avante : so, what's your name
Stranger : Yung Choot
Avante : what are you reading?
Stranger : A Wrinkle In Time
Avante : Great book. You know...I like to lift weights
Stewardess : Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to change rows

apalisoc_9
09-27-2016, 02:12 PM
Must've been embarrassing as shit for that fat guy. Can you imagine someone just straight-up making a scene about you for nine hours straight?

Yeah..I want to say I dont feel bad for him because he brought it upon himself, but he might have a medical condition..

Honestly, anyone who makes that big of a scene is probably a douch regardless.

Avante
09-27-2016, 02:15 PM
I never could get how any man could have sex with a fat female....yuck~~~

Avante
09-27-2016, 02:19 PM
Avante : so, what's your name
Stranger : Yung Choot
Avante : what are you reading?
Stranger : A Wrinkle In Time
Avante : Great book. You know...I like to lift weights
Stewardess : Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to change rows

Stanger...so you from Texas?
SFS...yep, ran a 20.00 in middle school.
Stranger...you talking about the 200m?
SFS...yep, 20.00.
Stranger...I see, hmmmm? I coach track, ok?
SFS...hmm? Ok, ok, that's a lie.
Stranger...I think I'll read this book, ok guy?
SFS:depressed

Chinook
09-27-2016, 02:20 PM
Yeah..I want to say I dont feel bad for him because he brought it upon himself, but he might have a medical condition..

Honestly, anyone who makes that big of a scene is probably a douch regardless.

Or he might just be a fat fuck who loves food more than he loves being alive. What's the difference? It's not the guy's fault the airline didn't have a better solution. There's a reason why they had that "two seat" rule, as shitty as it is to people who needed to pay the money. No one "brings that upon themselves" for doing something that wasn't hurting anyone else until that moment.

Don't get me wrong, I'd hate to buy a seat and them have half a seat, and depending on how fat the guy was, I'd definitely complain about their policies. But I wouldn't go in on that guy for nine hours straight. It's not like he's leaning his seat back or something.

apalisoc_9
09-27-2016, 02:32 PM
Or he might just be a fat fuck who loves food more than he loves being alive. What's the difference? It's not the guy's fault the airline didn't have a better solution. There's a reason why they had that "two seat" rule, as shitty as it is to people who needed to pay the money. No one "brings that upon themselves" for doing something that wasn't hurting anyone else until that moment.

Don't get me wrong, I'd hate to buy a seat and them have half a seat, and depending on how fat the guy was, I'd definitely complain about their policies. But I wouldn't go in on that guy for nine hours straight. It's not like he's leaning his seat back or something.

I wasn't really going up against his right to complain...Just that he could have handled the situation in a less embarrasing way. Reading the news, it does sound like the dude was a whiny grace the whole 9 hours...that's just uneccary, imo.

Spur-Addict
09-27-2016, 02:41 PM
A nine hour flight is really long. That's almost double the time from NY to LA. To be displaced for that long is completely unreasonable. Add to the fact that the man is a frequent flyer, and that's more problematic. The guy had to walk about the cabin, sit on crew seats when they were periodically vacant, and have this guys fatty mass draped all over him during the flight.

The airline should've had a policy already in place for this sort of situation that would've avoided this entire matter. And I wouldn't have made a scene, but people would've noticed me trying to solve the matter in a polite manner.

Something similar to this happened to me before. I'm in the 6'5 range and at one point I weighed around 255. I was booked in a row with two other guys of the same size, except one of the guys was noticeably taller and had more weight to him. This was a 5 hour flight. Never again, ever.

Chinook
09-27-2016, 02:43 PM
I wasn't really going up against his right to complain...Just that he could have handled the situation in a less embarrasing way. Reading the news, it does sound like the dude was a whiny grace the whole 9 hours...that's just uneccary, imo.

I know, and I agree with you. I was saying that the fat guy didn't bring the situation on himself. I would have definitely insisted on getting my money back if I was the other dude, and probably another free flight, because that is ridiculous. There's just a way to do things. I hate when people keep attacking folks who can't do anything about the situation.

SpursforSix
09-27-2016, 02:50 PM
Stanger...so you from Texas?
SFS...yep, ran a 20.00 in middle school.
Stranger...you talking about the 200m?
SFS...yep, 20.00.
Stranger...I see, hmmmm? I coach track, ok?
SFS...hmm? Ok, ok, that's a lie.
Stranger...I think I'll read this book, ok guy?
SFS:depressed

Stranger : you from Texas
SFS : yep
Stranger : you look like an athlete
SFS : I stay in shape. Used to play most sports. Even ran some track.
Stranger : yeah? what'd you run?
SFS : The 200m. But not since middle school. Ran around a 20.00.
Stranger : Shit. That's fast.
SFS : That's what they tell me.
Stranger : shit! I think I heard about that. That's the stuff you can't find in magazines or the internet.
SFS: I suppose not. Now...let me tell you about Pee Pee the Kidnapper.

Buddy Mignon
09-27-2016, 03:36 PM

Avante....lucky you.
Avante...shoot.

I have a similar experience...

Stranger: I think that's my seat... you mind if I sit there.
Luva: Sure.
Stranger: Nice Beard.
Luva: The ladies like it.
Stranger: I bet you do well with the ladies.
Luva: Well... what can I say.
Stranger: You have any tips?
Luva: Nope. When ya got ya got it.
Stranger: I guess so.

DeadlyDynasty
09-27-2016, 03:44 PM
He should sue the fat-ass instead of the airline...if the courts can set a precedent by punishing obesity then this country can save millions on health care costs

DMC
09-27-2016, 06:23 PM

Avante....lucky you.
Avante...shoot.
So you sat next to an older homosexual male and you think he was complimenting you guy to guy.

DMC
09-27-2016, 06:24 PM
I have a similar experience...

Stranger: I think that's my seat... you mind if I sit there.
Luva: Sure.
Stranger: Nice Beard.
Luva: The ladies like it.
Stranger: I bet you do well with the ladies.
Luva: Well... what can I say.
Stranger: You have any tips?
Luva: Nope. When ya got ya got it.
Stranger: I guess so.
You sat next to Avante.

Koolaid_Man
09-27-2016, 06:34 PM
Last time he was on a plane.

Stranger....Mom said I wasn't supposed to talk to adult strangers.
Avante....lucky you. how old are you by the way
Stranger...I'm gonna tell mommi I'm 10...
Avante...shoot. you lucky you ain't 12
Stranger...I'm telling mommi
Avante... ok here's a piece of bubble gum now quiet down...

Avante
09-27-2016, 06:45 PM
So you sat next to an older homosexual male and you think he was complimenting you guy to guy.

All three wore wedding rings, ok little man?

Avante
09-27-2016, 06:49 PM
Last time he was on a plane.

Stranger....Mom said I wasn't supposed to talk to adult strangers.
Avante....lucky you. how old are you by the way
Stranger...I'm gonna tell mommi I'm 10...
Avante...shoot. you lucky you ain't 12
Stranger...I'm telling mommi
Avante... ok here's a piece of bubble gum now quiet down...

Kool on a plane.

Stranger...don't do that, ok?
Kool...what?
Stranger...pick your nose and eat it.
Kool...sorry, so you like pussy?
Stranger...(turns and stares right in the face of Kool).....cherry boy I see.
Kool...
:depressed

Avante
09-27-2016, 07:08 PM
Stranger : you from Texas
SFS : yep
Stranger : you look like an athlete
SFS : I stay in shape. Used to play most sports. Even ran some track.
Stranger : yeah? what'd you run?
SFS : The 200m. But not since middle school. Ran around a 20.00.
Stranger: Really?.
SFS : That's what they tell me.
Stranger : shit! I ran a 20.13 and set the Texas state and the high school record, by the way my name is Roy Martin. So why the lie?.
SFS: Avante talked about you.
Roy Martin....Avante?
SFS...a guy on the internet who knows all there is know about sprinting.
Roy Martin...did he also call you a liar?
SFS...yep.

Trill Clinton
09-27-2016, 08:01 PM

Avante....lucky you.
Avante...shoot.
:lol:toast

Joseph Kony
09-27-2016, 09:56 PM
:lmao :lmao "the right sleep"

fat ass pedo is on here posting at all hours of the night and shit

Wild Cobra
09-27-2016, 11:50 PM
I thought obese people who "spill over" were required to purchase a first class ticket, where the seating is wider.

DMC
09-28-2016, 05:00 AM
All three wore wedding rings, ok little man?so you were scouting for dick as well.

DMC
09-28-2016, 05:01 AM
I thought obese people who "spill over" were required to purchase a first class ticket, where the seating is wider.You should demand a refund.

DMC
09-28-2016, 05:03 AM
Bragging about body compliment from a strange dude lol

Will Hunting
09-28-2016, 07:14 AM
If it was so embarrassing he could always try not being fat.

DarrinS
09-28-2016, 07:24 AM
I had a flight once where this landwhale's breast was on my shoulder/arm the entire time.

Also, you ever notice that the last person to board is a middle-seat passenger who sits next to you? You think you're going to be able to have some elbow room, and then, nope.

Chinook
09-28-2016, 07:37 AM
If it was so embarrassing he could always try not being fat.

Not really. He paid to get on the plane just like everyone else. It's not his fault the airline didn't forsee the problem. He's probably not like the Nutty Professor.

Will Hunting
09-28-2016, 07:38 AM
Not really. He paid to get on the plane just like everyone else. It's not his fault the airline didn't forsee the problem. He's probably not like the Nutty Professor.

He paid for the area that's defined as his seat, he didn't pay for half of the seat adjacent to him.

Will Hunting
09-28-2016, 07:39 AM
I 1000% agree that the airline didn't account for this and they're to blame, but I have no sympathy for the fatass himself.

Chinook
09-28-2016, 07:50 AM
He paid for the area that's defined as his seat, he didn't pay for half of the seat adjacent to him.

The airline knew what it was getting into. Again, I highly doubt he looked any smaller at check-in.

EDIT: I see you said something similar. Anyway, there are a lot of reasons why someone could complain about you being there. If you're going to spend what was probably a good deal of money on a ticket, you should expect to be treated as a normal customer. It would be like if you rolled up to a parking lot in a gigantic pickup, the people at the gate sold you a ticket, and then you drive into see it's compact only. Sure as shit going to take two spots.

lefty
09-28-2016, 08:14 AM
San Antonio Airlines?

SpursforSix
09-28-2016, 08:49 AM

yeah...fat AND black...that'd be double bad (no racist)

SpursforSix
09-28-2016, 08:52 AM
The airline knew what it was getting into. Again, I highly doubt he looked any smaller at check-in.

EDIT: I see you said something similar. Anyway, there are a lot of reasons why someone could complain about you being there. If you're going to spend what was probably a good deal of money on a ticket, you should expect to be treated as a normal customer. It would be like if you rolled up to a parking lot in a gigantic pickup, the people at the gate sold you a ticket, and then you drive into see it's compact only. Sure as shit going to take two spots.

so maybe the airlines could create a gauge for passengers like they do for luggage. So before they buy their ticket, they have to step into a box and if they don't fit, they have to pay extra.

Chinook
09-28-2016, 08:57 AM
so maybe the airlines could create a gauge for passengers like they do for luggage. So before they buy their ticket, they have to step into a box and if they don't fit, they have to pay extra.

That sounds really shitty, but it's honestly an option in my book. It's not fair to other people to have less space. And it's not fair to fat people to pay for a flight and then made to feel unwelcome because the airline didn't account for their girth. If you recalibrate expectations, it would help immensely, even though there'd be a ton of backlash initially.

SpursforSix
09-28-2016, 10:32 AM
That sounds really shitty, but it's honestly an option in my book. It's not fair to other people to have less space. And it's not fair to fat people to pay for a flight and then made to feel unwelcome because the airline didn't account for their girth. If you recalibrate expectations, it would help immensely, even though there'd be a ton of backlash initially.

I guess they could rip out some of the 3 seat rows and replace with 2 seats. And charge 1.5x the rate. You'd also probably have several normal size people happy to pay for more room. But I don't know what they do about the smaller plane.
They could charge rates based on weight for everybody. Figure out what each person contributes to fuel usage.

I don't know. I figure you have to deal with inconvenient shit all the time. Old drivers, people taking too long in drive thrus, etc.
So someone has to fly and doesn't get their whole space because someone else is fat.

Really just need to deal with it.

resistanze
09-28-2016, 10:33 AM
As someone who has to sit beside Fat Bastard from a 7 hour flight from Scotland, this story hits home. I spend half my time standing in the aisle playing angry birds, and found out later that Fat Bastard was in the wrong seat. I clearly didn't make a big stink like this guy did, but if I wasn't so exhausted from travel, I would've asked for some type of credit.

Chinook
09-28-2016, 10:37 AM
I guess they could rip out some of the 3 seat rows and replace with 2 seats. And charge 1.5x the rate. You'd also probably have several normal size people happy to pay for more room. But I don't know what they do about the smaller plane.
They could charge rates based on weight for everybody. Figure out what each person contributes to fuel usage.

I don't know. I figure you have to deal with inconvenient shit all the time. Old drivers, people taking too long in drive thrus, etc.
So someone has to fly and doesn't get their whole space because someone else is fat.

Really just need to deal with it.

You're not paying to be miserable. Neither side is. Nine hours of misery is asking an awful lot of a person. Definitely worth getting my money back.

SpursforSix
09-28-2016, 10:53 AM
You're not paying to be miserable. Neither side is. Nine hours of misery is asking an awful lot of a person. Definitely worth getting my money back.

No...I get it. I just don't know how you start down this road without going overboard. Being so obese that you spill over into another seat is one thing. But then you'll have people complaining about someone who's fat but maybe only taking up an inch of extra space. Then you'll have people wanting refunds because a baby was crying. Or that someone smelled bad. Or whatever.

All you're paying for is to get from point A to point B. So you were uncomfortable or miserable for a small portion of your life. You get off the plane and just let it go. It's an insignificant piece of life.

Chinook
09-28-2016, 10:56 AM
Then you'll have people wanting refunds because a baby was crying.

Shit, I want refunds for that right now. To hell with people thinking that's okay. When it comes down to it, you aren't getting what you paid for, and other people are getting more than what they paid for. It's a reason to be upset. If you can't sit in your seat comfortably (I have no idea how big that complaining guy was.) it's a big deal. If fat guy gets to sit down and have a good flight, so should everyone.

SpursforSix
09-28-2016, 11:05 AM
Shit, I want refunds for that right now. To hell with people thinking that's okay. When it comes down to it, you aren't getting what you paid for, and other people are getting more than what they paid for. It's a reason to be upset. If you can't sit in your seat comfortably (I have no idea how big that complaining guy was.) it's a big deal. If fat guy gets to sit down and have a good flight, so should everyone.

It's not a big deal. I mean...while it's happening, it's a colossal pain in the ass but shit happens. Maybe spend the time reveling that you'll outlive the fat guy by 20 years.

Chinook
09-28-2016, 11:06 AM
It's not a big deal. I mean...while it's happening, it's a colossal pain in the ass but shit happens. Maybe spend the time reveling that you'll outlive the fat guy by 20 years.

Not if that plane crashes.

SpursforSix
09-28-2016, 11:12 AM
Not if that plane crashes.

Word. In that case, if the plane is going down, just start beating the shit out of the fat guy for making the last hours of your life so miserable.

RD2191
09-28-2016, 12:16 PM

:lmao

Clipper Nation
09-28-2016, 01:58 PM

Avante....lucky you.
Avante...shoot.

Cool (fake) story, lard gargler.

Avante
09-28-2016, 02:09 PM
Cool (fake) story, lard gargler.

Clipper Nation on a plane.

Stranger...why the frown?
CN....fuck you faggot.
Stranger...calm down, I've noticed you've had that scowl ever since you have been here.
CN...mind your own business faggot.
Stranger...surprised a little guy like you would want to be calling full grown people names.
CN...shut up faggot.
Stranger...here's the deal, if you call me...faggot..one more time I will break you in half, ok skinny?
CN...yes sir.
Stranger....just as I thought a little coward. Now let's see a smile, you can do it.
CN...(he tries and tries, but since he has never smiled his face goes into shock)
Stranger....ok, well then just sit there and be sweet, got it?
CN...got it.

Chris
09-28-2016, 06:02 PM
Make a handicapped/mentally challenged special section of seats and stick the gluttons in there. Would solve all the problems, and give the lard arse incentive to lose some of that redundant protoplasm imo

Chris
09-28-2016, 06:04 PM
Adding to that, they could have a boarding scale where they weigh each passenger and have sirens and alarms go off when it goes over 300 pounds. The glutton gets a special VIP pass and sent to the appropriate section.

Clipper Nation
09-28-2016, 06:12 PM
Clipper Nation on a plane.

Stranger...why the frown?
CN....fuck you faggot.
Stranger...calm down, I've noticed you've had that scowl ever since you have been here.
CN...mind your own business faggot.
Stranger...surprised a little guy like you would want to be calling full grown people names.
CN...shut up faggot.
Stranger...here's the deal, if you call me...faggot..one more time I will break you in half, ok skinny?
CN...yes sir.
Stranger....just as I thought a little coward. Now let's see a smile, you can do it.
CN...(he tries and tries, but since he has never smiled his face goes into shock)
Stranger....ok, well then just sit there and be sweet, got it?
CN...got it.
Didn't read, Notorious F.A.T.

Avante
09-28-2016, 07:09 PM
Didn't read, Notorious F.A.T.

Sure ya did little man. But being you have ..0...creativity, there is nothing ya can do about it.