PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: LeBron "personal goal is to surpass Jordan"

phxspurfan
09-27-2016, 09:05 PM
http://www.nba.com/2016/news/09/27/lebron-james-says-its-a-personal-goal-to-match-jordan.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

"James's next challenge is one he's faced before - to repeat. It's all new to the Cavaliers"

"It's a personal goal," James told The Associated Press on Monday. "I just never brought it up"

apalisoc_9
09-27-2016, 09:10 PM
He passed Jordan a year ago...

Thread
09-27-2016, 09:12 PM
At least he never got kicked out of the NBA like Jordan did.

Molotov
09-28-2016, 02:25 PM

:lmao

daslicer
09-28-2016, 03:25 PM
He passed Jordan a year ago in NBA 2K...

BD24
09-28-2016, 04:00 PM
Delusional fucks that think he passed Jordan. He can be number 3 though.

ambchang
09-28-2016, 04:09 PM
Not ridiculous for him to say that. He's a professional basketball player and it is his duty to be the best that he can possibly be. He has the physical tools and basketball intelligence, but I don't think he could.

He really could have spent a few years in college to work on the leadership element of his game rather than trying to learn it at an NBA level. It wasn't fair for him.

JohnnyMax
09-28-2016, 05:01 PM
He's trying to match Jordan's accomplishments by team-hopping around the league every few years to play with the best talent.

mavsfan1000
09-28-2016, 05:26 PM
Impossible!

LkrFan
09-28-2016, 06:12 PM

:lol

Spurtacular
09-28-2016, 08:25 PM
http://www.nba.com/2016/news/09/27/lebron-james-says-its-a-personal-goal-to-match-jordan.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

"James's next challenge is one he's faced before - to repeat. It's all new to the Cavaliers"

"It's a personal goal," James told The Associated Press on Monday. "I just never brought it up"

He never brought it up because he wasn't even sure he'd get the one, tbh.

Spurtacular
09-28-2016, 08:26 PM

Worst poster on ST, tbh.

TheGreatYacht
09-28-2016, 11:50 PM
Notice how nobody ever says "I want to be better than Kobe"

Nobody gives a shit about being Top 12

Killakobe81
09-29-2016, 12:02 AM

But I support him shooting for it he is the more naturally gifted athlete he should surpass Jordan ...and I hope he does but he probably wont.

Killakobe81
09-29-2016, 12:05 AM

That's dumb why would he go after the #2 SG when the #1 is,the Goat ...that's like saying I'm training to win the silver in the Olympics

spursistan
09-29-2016, 01:34 AM

But I support him shooting for it he is the more naturally gifted athlete he should surpass Jordan ...and I hope he does but he probably wont.

if he gets a fifth MVP and repeat beating this super stacked GS team again--or just the latter-- i think you are going to see few really respectable NBA figures putting him over Jordan and steer the debate, notwithstanding 6>4..

spurraider21
09-29-2016, 03:53 AM

Thread
09-29-2016, 05:36 AM

At least Kobe never got kicked out of the NBA like Jordan did.

Molotov
09-29-2016, 06:02 AM

Kobe's parents were selling his shit.

Thread
09-29-2016, 06:12 AM

They were selling your shit.

lefty
09-29-2016, 07:57 AM
:lol Bryants
:lol naming their kid after a steak

JohnnyMax
09-29-2016, 10:35 AM
Spurs fans are obsessed with Kobe and like to bring him up in unrelated threads.

Thread
09-29-2016, 10:38 AM
Spurs fans are obsessed with Kobe and bring him up in threads that have nothing to do with him.

It's that 4th & 5th NBA Titles that drives SF, especially the 5th. They thought he was gonna lose that, then Perkins fell over and the slaves were freed.

They had the chance to eclipse Kobe in '13/'14 & ended up having to win their 5th NBA Title twice.

That kind of reality has indeed left SF obsessed, even pathological.

- Dale

Molotov
09-29-2016, 11:17 AM
It's that 4th & 5th NBA Titles that drives SF, especially the 5th. They thought he was gonna lose that, then Perkins fell over and the slaves were freed.

They had the chance to eclipse Kobe in '13/'14 & ended up having to win their 5th NBA Title twice.

That kind of reality has indeed left SF obsessed, even pathological.

- Dale

TheGreatYacht
09-29-2016, 11:44 AM
Spurs fans are obsessed with Kobe and like to bring him up in unrelated threads.
You defend Kobe a whole ton for a Warriors fan. Weird.

https://m.popkey.co/f7d831/9wmNe.gif

ambchang
09-29-2016, 12:22 PM

Kobe went to the court to :cry st:cryp his parents from selling his shit :cry
Jordan just killed his dad

ambchang
09-29-2016, 12:23 PM

And they can't even pronounce it properly.

Thread
09-29-2016, 01:47 PM

They were selling your shit.

09-29-2016, 02:20 PM

TimDunkem
09-29-2016, 02:45 PM
Says the shitty troll obsessed with Spurs fans.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-29-2016, 08:46 PM
yeah, don't think he's getting 4 more rings as the alpha

DMC
09-29-2016, 09:44 PM

^Basically another history2b like account

DMC
09-29-2016, 09:45 PM
At least he never got kicked out of the NBA like Jordan did.
Bullshit. The Mavs and Thunder took turns kicking his ass out.

Thread
09-30-2016, 05:17 AM
Bullshit. The Mavs and Thunder took turns kicking his ass out.

Don't be purposely obtuse.

Koolaid_Man
09-30-2016, 10:38 AM

Why would you hope a roided up freak with crab feet who's never worked hard a day in his life and who can't score pussy on his own surpass MJ....you can be real odd at times .....

Koolaid_Man
09-30-2016, 10:40 AM
Kobe went to the court to :cry st:cryp his parents from selling his shit :cry
Jordan just killed his dad

But Neither Kobe nor MJ was letting another man raw dog cum shots in his ass like your boi....Tammy

DeadlyDynasty
09-30-2016, 11:28 AM
He'll never be recognized in that kind of light because he played in an absolutely embarrassing era of eastern conference basketball, and still does. Switching teams a couple times is not looked upon fondly either, but at least if he tried his hand in the West we'd have a better idea how great he could be. Which conference you choose to play in--and how you perform in it--goes a long way to determining your mettle, imo. Tim Duncan could've had easy trips to the Finals every year if he chose Orlando. KG couldn't handle the west and wanted an easier route...so did Melo. Lebron James and Vince Carter (in his prime) wanted no part of the WC grind. Other players who we thought might be great (T-Mac, Dwert, etc) were revealed for what they truly are in the WC playoffs.

Brazil
09-30-2016, 12:40 PM
He'll never be recognized in that kind of light because he played in an absolutely embarrassing era of eastern conference basketball, and still does. Switching teams a couple times is not looked upon fondly either, but at least if he tried his hand in the West we'd have a better idea how great he could be. Which conference you choose to play in--and how you perform in it--goes a long way to determining your mettle, imo. Tim Duncan could've had easy trips to the Finals every year if he chose Orlando. KG couldn't handle the west and wanted an easier route...so did Melo. Lebron James and Vince Carter (in his prime) wanted no part of the WC grind. Other players who we thought might be great (T-Mac, Dwert, etc) were revealed for what they truly are in the WC playoffs.

:tu

ambchang
09-30-2016, 01:58 PM

Just like how Kobe and Kareem couldn't handle small markets and forced their way out.

DeadlyDynasty
09-30-2016, 02:12 PM
Just like how Kobe and Kareem couldn't handle small markets and forced their way out.
David Robinson was in Dwert/T-Mac territory, but credit to him for recognizing that he was an awful big-game performer and a playoff loser--so he embellished his injury and paved the way for a true franchise player.

Silly gook...

ambchang
09-30-2016, 04:00 PM
David Robinson was in Dwert/T-Mac territory, but credit to him for recognizing that he was an awful big-game performer and a playoff loser--so he embellished his injury and paved the way for a true franchise player.

Silly gook...

You are right, a move to bigger markets worked Kobe and Kareem's name up, otherwise, Kobe will be Carter level and Kareem will be Moses level. We all know how the media loves to hype up big market names because writers are fans too.

Could you imagine Kobe's "clutch" image would be if he decided to not shoot in the second half of a game 7 or shoot 6-24 in a Finals Game 7? Oh wait, he did, but it was swept under the rug because he plays for LA.

You seemed to have a lot of pent up anger against East Asians in general, I assume you didn't dodge the draft like Thread did and got your ass kicked?

Benoit
10-01-2016, 05:26 PM
He needs another ring to catch up to Kob

He can never catch Mike

John Petrucci
10-01-2016, 05:41 PM

But did Jordan ever defeat a team in the Finals on the level of the '13 Spurs or '16 Warriors? Seems to me it's not even a close comparison in that context. The zenith of James' accomplishments so far are extremely impressive.

He did need a good amount of luck to get those two wins, but it's in the books and he was undeniably dominant/clutch.

poeticism707
10-02-2016, 01:33 PM

FUCK. JORDAN.