PDA

View Full Version : David West knew he was going to GSW since the day they lost Game 6

SAGirl
09-27-2016, 11:45 PM
West’s ‘no-brainer’: David West had a chance to re-sign as a free agent with the Spurs after helping them win 67 games last season, but he couldn’t pass up the chance to play in Golden State with Kevin Durant.
“(The Warriors) reached out once we lost to OKC, maybe that night,” West told reporters at Golden State’s media day. “My agent was like, ‘If you’re interested in continuing to play, Golden State wants you.’ He was obviously talking to a few guys and to the coach during the process. Then, when Kevin Durant reached out, he told me he wanted me to come join, so it was a no-brainer.”

At the end of this article where they talk about Danny:

Wow that was b4 the postseason was over. It certainly occurred before FA opened. He must have known the 99% likelihood Timmy was retiring.

YGWHI
09-28-2016, 12:01 AM
It certainly occurred before FA opened.

All the time. NBA Officials deny it but we already know the answer.

Spurtacular
09-28-2016, 12:04 AM
So, more tampering by the Warriors.

SAGirl
09-28-2016, 12:06 AM
All the time. NBA Officials deny it but we already know the answer.
They will deny it but he said he was recruited that same night that they lost game 6. That is a bit barbaric.
The hell! If I was a Spur this just added bad blood to this feud. It's like they didn't wait for the prey to be dead before they went rummaging in the carcass. damn vultures. I don't care that much but when I learned of this, it made me think what about Zaza Pachulia, he jumped ship from Dallas rather quickly too.

dabom
09-28-2016, 12:09 AM
Some posters wanted this fucking loser as our starting center. :lmao

tmtcsc
09-28-2016, 12:11 AM
I hope this does turn out to be a "no brainer" by West. Another one. Fuck GS. That team is filled with the biggest bitches in the league - starting with Durant.

BillMc
09-28-2016, 12:14 AM
I hope this does turn out to be a "no brainer" by West. Another one. Fuck GS. That team is filled with the biggest bitches in the league - starting with Durant.

Zaza, Draymond, Durant...least likable frontcourt since Bad Boys Pistons.

FvckMavs
09-28-2016, 12:44 AM
"no brainer" to the Cavs next year.

TimDunkem
09-28-2016, 01:12 AM
What a douche.

spurs10
09-28-2016, 01:26 AM
Unless some rules of recruitment were broken I don't care about this much. That ship has sailed.

testies
09-28-2016, 02:04 AM
This GSW team is highly beatable... Pachulia, Javale McGee, corpse of Varejão, Turd Tower and Draymond is their frontline? This team will get torched inside

Chinook
09-28-2016, 02:05 AM
I do wonder what the league would do if they did find some rules were broken. Remember, that while Silver and the execs might love their golden boys, the owners seem to hate Lacob quite a bit for his comments (though I guess this is what he meant by being "light-years ahead" every one else). So I could see them moving more toward how the NFL views the Patriots rather than the privileged position they currently enjoy.

spurtech09
09-28-2016, 02:08 AM
Don't like being disrespectful but .....West your a SELLOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BG_Spurs_Fan
09-28-2016, 02:10 AM
If this is not an obvious case of tampering I don't know what is. The league should act on it and I'd imagine Silver being furious at West's comments even if he's well aware these things happen.

Owners won't do anything, because most of them do the same thing. The league should. But won't.

spurtech09
09-28-2016, 02:11 AM
NBA = SCAM

MI21
09-28-2016, 02:27 AM
I'm surprised he rebounded so fast to join GSW, considering dude doesn't even know how to rebound.

spursistan
09-28-2016, 02:37 AM
they deserve each, tbh...

my nig Kawhitstorm called him the most overrated Spurs offseason signing in recent times, and it turns out it was all around thing..he just wantrs to put a ring in his hand anyway, anyhow...At least a dignified McDyess promptly retired after 2011 instead of jumping ship to the Heatles..

SAGirl
09-28-2016, 03:05 AM
If this is not an obvious case of tampering I don't know what is. The league should act on it and I'd imagine Silver being furious at West's comments even if he's well aware these things happen.

Owners won't do anything, because most of them do the same thing. The league should. But won't.
GSW putting Silver on the spot pushing the envelope like they own the league. First with their nut kicking going unpunished until they messed with LeBron, big mistake. LeBron had to place the league in an uncomfortable spot bc otherwise they don't do anything.

Now GSW player publicly admitting being recruited well b4 FA. I guess it could be argued West could have gone there anyways once they called him when FA started but it's really tampering if they called like this implies, the night they lost a playoff game when the guy is still upset etc. With emotions of frustration all over the place. It's low and yes, tampering. Wouldn't surprise me if they did the same with Durant and Pachulia, all players in teams they defeated, reaching out soon after the defeat when emotions are all over the place. Wow. It's low.

I don't want D west back. I wasn't even a fan of his, never felt he was making the Spurs a favor. I felt it was his self interest that brought him here but I do think less of the warriors FO. Good riddance to DWorst. I am sadder the team was unable to keep Boban.

SAGirl
09-28-2016, 03:07 AM
I'm surprised he rebounded so fast to join GSW, considering dude doesn't even know how to rebound.
:lol

BG_Spurs_Fan
09-28-2016, 03:41 AM
GSW putting Silver on the spot pushing the envelope like they own the league. First with their nut kicking going unpunished until they messed with LeBron, big mistake. LeBron had to place the league in an uncomfortable spot bc otherwise they don't do anything.

Now GSW player publicly admitting being recruited well b4 FA. I guess it could be argued West could have gone there anyways once they called him when FA started but it's really tampering if they called like this implies, the night they lost a playoff game when the guy is still upset etc. With emotions of frustration all over the place. It's low and yes, tampering. Wouldn't surprise me if they did the same with Durant and Pachulia, all players in teams they defeated, reaching out soon after the defeat when emotions are all over the place. Wow. It's low.

I don't want D west back. I wasn't even a fan of his, never felt he was making the Spurs a favor. I felt it was his self interest that brought him here but I do think less of the warriors FO. Good riddance to DWorst. I am sadder the team was unable to keep Boban.

I find it highly unlikely that GSW wanted to push Silver or anything. I think they'd be equally furious at West for being a dumbass and spilling it out loud. Didn't their other dumb players also pretty much confirm tampering Durant while playing against him, which was way worse that West's situation.

DeRozan m8
09-28-2016, 04:00 AM
Fuck, the Warriors organisation and their players just have no morals and ethics do they?

Biggest piece of shit organisation in a long time

Chinook
09-28-2016, 06:44 AM
I find it highly unlikely that GSW wanted to push Silver or anything. I think they'd be equally furious at West for being a dumbass and spilling it out loud. Didn't their other dumb players also pretty much confirm tampering Durant while playing against him, which was way worse that West's situation.

With Lacob's comments, I definitely think that Warriors can be accused of trying to push the envelope in regards to how they run their team. With the way owners are grumbling about Lacob's cockiness, I could see them pushing Silver to drop the hammer -- even if their own FOs did and do similar things.

BG_Spurs_Fan
09-28-2016, 06:54 AM
With Lacob's comments, I definitely think that Warriors can be accused of trying to push the envelope in regards to how they run their team. With the way owners are grumbling about Lacob's cockiness, I could see them pushing Silver to drop the hammer -- even if their own FOs did and do similar things.

That would be hilarious. Even something relatively insignificant like taking a 2nd round pick or two from them would send a message but I really think the other owners would lay low on this issue because they're all doing it. Spurs blatantly did it with Richard Jefferson when he opted out of his option year and he even had an interview shortly before that saying he'd opt out if he could get a 4/40 deal. I bet Pop punched him for it the next time they've met. :lol

Chinook
09-28-2016, 07:15 AM
That would be hilarious. Even something relatively insignificant like taking a 2nd round pick or two from them would send a message but I really think the other owners would lay low on this issue because they're all doing it. Spurs blatantly did it with Richard Jefferson when he opted out of his option year and he even had an interview shortly before that saying he'd opt out if he could get a 4/40 deal. I bet Pop punched him for it the next time they've met. :lol

That's not nearly as obvious of an error for two reasons. 1) The Spurs could say that they just met the price he had set in that interview. 2) The Spurs didn't tamper. As a potential extension candidate, they had every right to talk contracts with him. The only way they could get in trouble is if they had something in writing that promised him that contract. I doubt they did. Had RJ gotten a better offer from another team, I doubt he would've passed it up, and I doubt the Spurs would've been sad to see him go.

Ice009
09-28-2016, 08:24 AM
David West has turned into a bitch. I never thought I'd say that about him, but man, that is just shit, hopping from one very good team to one that is humongous odds on favourites to win it all.

What really rubs me the wrong way is when he said how he always wanted to play for the Spurs (said he was a huge D.Rob fan and TD fan), and then he finished off with a piss poor playoffs before bolting immediately to one of the biggest super teams around.

Chinook
09-28-2016, 08:55 AM
David West has turned into a bitch. I never thought I'd say that about him, but man, that is just shit, hopping from one very good team to one that is humongous odds on favourites to win it all.

What really rubs me the wrong way is when he said how he always wanted to play for the Spurs (said he was a huge D.Rob fan and TD fan), and then he finished off with a piss poor playoffs before bolting immediately to one of the biggest super teams around.

At least he didn't join the Knicks. Imagine how unstoppable they'd be then

NameLess Scrub
09-28-2016, 09:16 AM

Yeah.. that got a bit.. confusing from him.

It could be worse though, he could have done all that while being a superstar in his prime, like Lebron :lol.

benefactor
09-28-2016, 09:22 AM
At least he didn't join the Knicks. Imagine how unstoppable they'd be then

UNT Eagles 2016
09-28-2016, 09:50 AM
Always hated D-Worst. Hated him since the third game of the season last year when he was put in the game against the Wizards in the fourth quarter with a 10 point lead and D-Worst was scored on by Hilario and Gortat every single fucking time down the court, and we lost the lead in a matter of 3 minutes and ended up losing the game on that Beal shot.

cd98
09-28-2016, 10:50 AM

I don't think he is a sellout. I mean, if he is, then he was when he came to the Spurs. But given how much money he has given up last year and this year to sign with contenders, I don't think that's selling out, I think that's looking for a place to win a title before you retire. I'd probably do the same thing if I was in his shoes. No, I check that, I would take the money and wait another year and then title hop.

spursistan
09-28-2016, 11:09 AM
Always hated D-Worst. Hated him since the third game of the season last year when he was put in the game against the Wizards in the fourth quarter with a 10 point lead and D-Worst was scored on by Hilario and Gortat every single fucking time down the court, and we lost the lead in a matter of 3 minutes and ended up losing the game on that Beal shot.

No "Turd Towers" next season bro :tu..Glad you're dodging that brain stroke..:lol

UNT Eagles 2016
09-28-2016, 11:12 AM
No "Turd Towers" next season bro :tu..Glad you're dodging that brain stroke..:lol

We actually have 3 tall guys in the rotation.

Henry Swanson
09-28-2016, 11:15 AM
Far be it for him to make a smart business move and join a team that actually has a chance at a title.

TheGreatYacht
09-28-2016, 11:46 AM
Eh, I ain't holding any grudges. He did give up 12M dollars to join us and David Robinson was his idol. Many vanilla fans will disagree, but he was still better than Diaw tbh.

Glad they are both gone though. Both were the biggest liabilities on the team (besides Anderson).

spurs10
09-28-2016, 12:08 PM
I do wonder what the league would do if they did find some rules were broken. Remember, that while Silver and the execs might love their golden boys, the owners seem to hate Lacob quite a bit for his comments (though I guess this is what he meant by being "light-years ahead" every one else). So I could see them moving more toward how the NFL views the Patriots rather than the privileged position they currently enjoy. :lol Yes on 'what they meant on the "light-years ahead" every one else' comment and the unlikeable nature of Lacob. I'm just glad they GSW has a what looks like a weaker front-court. It might one small advantage for us.

tonight...you
09-28-2016, 12:48 PM
Some posters wanted this fucking loser as our starting center. :lmao
What?! Dear Christ, what is going on around here?!

hater
09-28-2016, 01:18 PM
He lost a lot of money due to joining our failing franchise. He expected to play deep in the playoffs but Pop had other ideas by playing scrubs like Manu loads of minutes.

Cant blame him for at least wanting a ring in exchange for all that money

SAGirl
09-28-2016, 01:39 PM

Yea, and the press influenced the public opinion reporting that West did the Spurs a HUGE favor by leaving 12 million (can't recall the exact amount, but somewhere in that vicinity) to come play for the minimum, like playing for the Spurs was this huge deal. In reality, he left Indiana out of his own self interest. He was going to get benched in a kind of shameful way, because of the way Bird treated Roy Hibbert to begin with. They were experimenting with Paul George at the 4, wanted to run uptempo and Larry Bird was putting everyone on notice that others would get canned too. George was uncomfortable with the entire thing, he didn't even want to play the style the franchise wanted and Dwest ran the risk of getting traded himself in a salary dump to a tank team that could take his salary in, like the 76ers, God forbid. Essentially that happened to Hibbert but with the Lakers.

So the entire Indiana situation was hostile for Dwest, he'd be demoted without respect--unlike in the Spurs where he became a bench player anyways, but had a lot of respect and guys admired him, plus he mentored the rookies. The Spurs press made a deal out of Simmons being mentored by Dwest for example and were very favorable to him, presenting the entire situation in a different light. He got the angle that he just wanted to play with TD, the Spurs, a chance to win, yada yada. It was his dignity that cost him the 12 million, not coming to the Spurs. He could have gotten paid that last season, but he was unlikely to finish it in good terms in Indiana and was more likely headed to a tank team and potentially cancerous situations. It's a shame Bird treated that team like he did but that is really what DWest leaving millions was all about.

Once he left that money and Indiana, he was going to bandwagon and that is what he's done, since then. I guess I still wish the guy the best. He was ok while he was here. There is a chance if Tim's one good knee doesn't go bad at the end of the season, the Spurs at least advance further. He was overmatched big time against the OKC bigs, but I don't wish the dude ill. GSW though, they reek and since he joined them, can't have mercy.

SAGirl
09-28-2016, 01:42 PM
:lol Wow remarkable recollection. I had forgotten that. I remember the first game of the season him and Diaw being manhandled by the OKC bigs. They lost that game though it was a close one too, bc of botched executions at the end. What happened in the OKC series was no surprise to Pop.

JohnnyMax
09-28-2016, 01:56 PM
Eh, I ain't holding any grudges. He did give up 12M dollars to join us and David Robinson was his idol. Many vanilla fans will disagree, but he was still better than Diaw tbh.

Glad they are both gone though. Both were the biggest liabilities on the team (besides Anderson).

He lost a lot of money due to joining our failing franchise. He expected to play deep in the playoffs but Pop had other ideas by playing scrubs like Manu loads of minutes.

HarlemHeat37
09-28-2016, 02:24 PM
Eh, he stupidly joined a team with Lamarcus Aldridge in an attempt to win a ring:lol

Can't blame him for giving it another shot after giving up all that money..he made the logical choice by joining the Warriors and the best leader in the NBA(Draymond), tbh..

spurs10
09-28-2016, 02:31 PM
Wish him the best. If GSW broke the rules I hope they get busted. Sounds mighty fishy to me.

T Park
09-28-2016, 04:13 PM

It's you're and no more than when he signed in SA last year.

T Park
09-28-2016, 04:15 PM

Failing franchise.

That's a new level of stupid I have t seen here in a while.

DJR210
09-28-2016, 04:22 PM
The fake tough guy

TD 21
09-28-2016, 05:18 PM
Eh, he stupidly joined a team with Lamarcus Aldridge in an attempt to win a ring:lol

Can't blame him for giving it another shot after giving up all that money..he made the logical choice by joining the Warriors and the best leader in the NBA(Draymond), tbh..

Right, because Aldridge had been on so many championship caliber teams. For various reasons, you probably didn't think players like K. Thompson, Irving, Love and Smith, could win a championship either, yet they all have in the last 2 years alone.

Yeah, nothing says leadership like probably costing your team a championship by doing something stupid (when you've already gotten away with it once, no less) and getting yourself suspended.

I've lost all respect for West. To leave a top 4 team to join the biggest overwhelming favorites in at least 20 years (if not ever), there's no dignity or honor in that and I don't see how there could be any satisfaction in winning it.

DeRozan m8
09-28-2016, 05:32 PM
JohnMax with his copy/paste, opinionless, bandwagon, autistic posts again.

Snaq O'Meal
09-28-2016, 07:07 PM
Yea, and the press influenced the public opinion reporting that West did the Spurs a HUGE favor by leaving 12 million (can't recall the exact amount, but somewhere in that vicinity) to come play for the minimum, like playing for the Spurs was this huge deal. In reality, he left Indiana out of his own self interest. He was going to get benched in a kind of shameful way, because of the way Bird treated Roy Hibbert to begin with. They were experimenting with Paul George at the 4, wanted to run uptempo and Larry Bird was putting everyone on notice that others would get canned too. George was uncomfortable with the entire thing, he didn't even want to play the style the franchise wanted and Dwest ran the risk of getting traded himself in a salary dump to a tank team that could take his salary in, like the 76ers, God forbid. Essentially that happened to Hibbert but with the Lakers.

So the entire Indiana situation was hostile for Dwest, he'd be demoted without respect--unlike in the Spurs where he became a bench player anyways, but had a lot of respect and guys admired him, plus he mentored the rookies. The Spurs press made a deal out of Simmons being mentored by Dwest for example and were very favorable to him, presenting the entire situation in a different light. He got the angle that he just wanted to play with TD, the Spurs, a chance to win, yada yada. It was his dignity that cost him the 12 million, not coming to the Spurs. He could have gotten paid that last season, but he was unlikely to finish it in good terms in Indiana and was more likely headed to a tank team and potentially cancerous situations. It's a shame Bird treated that team like he did but that is really what DWest leaving millions was all about.

Once he left that money and Indiana, he was going to bandwagon and that is what he's done, since then. I guess I still wish the guy the best. He was ok while he was here. There is a chance if Tim's one good knee doesn't go bad at the end of the season, the Spurs at least advance further. He was overmatched big time against the OKC bigs, but I don't wish the dude ill. GSW though, they reek and since he joined them, can't have mercy.

Thanks for the perspective.

West and Boban were essentially replacements for Ayres and Baynes, and I was thankful we had them for a season. The front court situation could've been worse.

DeRozan m8
09-28-2016, 07:15 PM
Was a shame Pop kept playing him with Diaw tbh
We knew the duo was cactus in November, Pop still rolling them out well into the playoffs - against OKC of all teams LMFAO fuck you Pop hahah

I'm so fucking glad I never have to watch those two line up together ever again.

My god

ElNono
09-28-2016, 08:22 PM
Right, because Aldridge had been on so many championship caliber teams. For various reasons, you probably didn't think players like K. Thompson, Irving, Love and Smith, could win a championship either, yet they all have in the last 2 years alone.

Yeah, nothing says leadership like probably costing your team a championship by doing something stupid (when you've already gotten away with it once, no less) and getting yourself suspended.

:lol that's his schtick, tbh.... we're probably gonna bout it out with Harlem all season about Draymond being overrated vs underrated....

Chinook
09-28-2016, 09:34 PM
:lol that's his schtick, tbh.... we're probably gonna bout it out with Harlem all season about Draymond being overrated vs underrated....

Did he give up on Westbrook?

ElNono
09-28-2016, 10:50 PM
Did he give up on Westbrook?

I don't think so, but we're actually on the same side of the schtick on det one :wakeup

-21-
09-28-2016, 11:56 PM
I got nothing against West but screw the Warriors!!! They really are "light years" ahead. :lol

IIRC they were recruiting Durant all throughout last season. Even during the OKC series.

Clipper Nation
09-29-2016, 12:08 AM

Don't forget, the Warriors also used Iguodala as a mole during their series against the Nuggets a few years ago and then traded for him in the offseason.

The Warriors have become the league's dirtiest team both on and off the court. And it's pathetic that with all the cheating they've done, they've only "won" one asterisk ring because the rest of the league was injured.

Clipper Nation
09-29-2016, 12:10 AM
Yeah.. that got a bit.. confusing from him.

It could be worse though, he could have done all that while being a superstar in his prime, like Lebron :lol.

LeBron didn't do that. He went to a Miami team that had been treadmilling for a couple years before he arrived, then he went back to Cleveland just as the Cavs had become the most dysfunctional franchise in the league again.

NameLess Scrub
09-29-2016, 06:32 AM
LeBron didn't do that. He went to a Miami team that had been treadmilling for a couple years before he arrived, then he went back to Cleveland just as the Cavs had become the most dysfunctional franchise in the league again.

You're right.

But in my opinion, there's is not much difference. Both MIA and GSW were super teams after KD/Lebron joined. Lebron just didn't join a franchise that was already there.

Which is probably the mistake Durant made. He could have taken the '92 dream team to the 76ers and it would have looked more "honorable" even though the result is the same: a super team made to out talent opposition.

My point is, I don't hold it too much against almost retiring star veterans that ring chase, because they've become role players.

J_Paco
09-29-2016, 06:39 AM

Last time I check nothing is guaranteed in sports. He could conceivably come up short in Golden State, especially if he is forced to play a bigger role against an unfavorable matchup (like last season).

The supposed tampering and "disrespect" he allegedly felt last season is indicative of the fact that he was a bad fit. He was just too small, old and not explosive enough to make a huge difference. Jury is still out if Dedmon, Lee or Anderson (most likely Dwayne) is an upgrade over him.

Manu wasn't a positive enough impact player, but he was far from the reason they lost last season.

J_Paco
09-29-2016, 06:49 AM
Thanks for the perspective.

West and Boban were essentially replacements for Ayres and Baynes, and I was thankful we had them for a season. The front court situation could've been worse.

That is just a silly take especially when Baynes was "ready" to play bigger minutes or a bigger role. I'm fine with the signing of both with such few (quality) options, but I won't pretend that having Splitter (healthy) and Baynes around wouldn't have been much more preferable.

GSH
09-29-2016, 08:07 AM
I don't hate on West because of this. I wish him exactly the same success that Richard Jefferson had in Golden State.

dabom
09-29-2016, 09:44 AM
I don't hate on West because of this. I wish him exactly the same success that Richard Jefferson had in Golden State.

2 huge missed free throws. :lol

Brazil
09-29-2016, 09:47 AM
:lol dat salt

dude gave 12M to have a shot at a ring, did not work, he gonna try it again with GSW... good for him... not sure what's the big deal

GSH
09-29-2016, 09:58 AM
2 huge missed free throws. :lol

:toast And a second round loss to the Spurs. Maybe instead of missed FTs, West will commit two or three stupid fouls at critical times. I'm not picky.

MultiTroll
09-29-2016, 10:04 AM
Great role contributor on 67 win team with 2-1 lead in the 2nd round.
Pop and ThunderRef happens.
STFU Spurphan.

Snaq O'Meal
09-29-2016, 09:12 PM
That is just a silly take especially when Baynes was "ready" to play bigger minutes or a bigger role. I'm fine with the signing of both with such few (quality) options, but I won't pretend that having Splitter (healthy) and Baynes around wouldn't have been much more preferable.

Baynes ceased to be an option after getting a huge offer from the Pistons. Splitter needed to go in order to make way for LMA. Who else did you think the Spurs could acquire (and who is also willing to sign for a meagre price) given the salary situation at that time?

tonight...you
09-29-2016, 09:18 PM
Oh... so awesome.

hooperflash
09-30-2016, 04:27 AM
:toast And a second round loss to the Spurs. Maybe instead of missed FTs, West will commit two or three stupid fouls at critical times. I'm not picky.

or just give up a ton of rebounds, crucial ones at that... tbh

still.focused
09-30-2016, 01:09 PM
Lee > West

cjw
09-30-2016, 03:40 PM
If the Warriors did in fact get a "nod" from West before the season was over / period began to start contacting other teams FAs, this definitely did constitute tampering. Warriors could make a series of other moves knowing full well they had at the very least a backup PF for 10 minutes a night (e.g., letting Speights walk). Also, while Spurs had Bird rights he wasn't technically a free agent. Still had player option.

That said, the Spurs getting RJ to opt-out was also a little sketchy. West wasn't coming back anyway and could get more than the Spurs' offer.

Dex
09-30-2016, 05:00 PM
Huh....didn't realize David West was a little BITCH!!

Seriously tho...he came to the Spurs ring-hunting just like he is going to Golden State and we didn't mind reaping the supposed benefits then so...it is what it is.

Still pretty fucked up if they reached out to him before the season even ended tho.

hooperflash
09-30-2016, 05:26 PM

TD 21
09-30-2016, 05:29 PM
If the Warriors did in fact get a "nod" from West before the season was over / period began to start contacting other teams FAs, this definitely did constitute tampering. Warriors could make a series of other moves knowing full well they had at the very least a backup PF for 10 minutes a night (e.g., letting Speights walk). Also, while Spurs had Bird rights he wasn't technically a free agent. Still had player option.

That said, the Spurs getting RJ to opt-out was also a little sketchy. West wasn't coming back anyway and could get more than the Spurs' offer.

Yeah, even though everyone knows it goes on, it's different when you're caught or in this case foolishly state it.

Since West did just that, no "investigation" should be required and the league should just dole out punishment, but I'm sure nothing will be done.

At least with Jefferson, it was their own player. I also find it hard to believe that the Spurs are so arrogant and classless to reach out to a player the same day his team is eliminated, especially one that had legit championship aspirations.

Huh....didn't realize David West was a little BITCH!!

Seriously tho...he came to the Spurs ring-hunting just like he is going to Golden State and we didn't mind reaping the supposed benefits then so...it is what it is.

Still pretty fucked up if they reached out to him before the season even ended tho.

That was different. The Spurs appeared to have a legit chance, among 3 or 4 others. They weren't the biggest overwhelming favorites in at least 20 years (probably ever), he didn't leave an elite team to join them and they weren't the 2nd time he did this.

Dex
09-30-2016, 05:40 PM
That was different. The Spurs appeared to have a legit chance, among 3 or 4 others. They weren't the biggest overwhelming favorites in at least 20 years (probably ever), he didn't leave an elite team to join them and they weren't the 2nd time he did this.

Perhaps different, but not by that much of a long shot. Keep in mind that when he came to San Antonio...sure, Golden State had just come off of a title, but that was hardly a blowout. Hell, Lebron and the Cavs B-team managed to push them to 6 games.

Nobody knew then that the Warriors would be a historic 73-win team. They also weren't a lock to make the Finals again, considering they almost (and probably SHOULD have) gotten knocked out by the Thunder after going down 1-3.

Everything seems clear in hindsight, but when the season started....the Spurs with newly-acquired LMA, DPOY Kawhi, Duncan, Manu, Parker, Green, and West looked like just as much of a super-team as Golden State was at that point, and they were pretty much 1A and 1B the entire season. That's why the playoffs are a different beast entirely, as evidenced by OKC's upset of SA, GSW's upset of OKC, and CLE's upset of GSW.

The fact that West gave up 11M to come to SA for a title-shot, when he could have had a spot in GSW for similar money, shows that he apparently felt the same way.

Don't get me wrong...I do believe that anybody flocking to GSW now for an easy ring is a beta move, just as it was when all the veterans were flocking to Miami to play with Lebron. Then again, when you've been in the league for 10+ years and haven't even sniffed the Finals...who can really blame him, especially as a role player?

But let's not pretend like anybody outside of San Antonio didn't think the same thing when he came to the Spurs. To be honest, it's kind of on the Spurs (West included) for not being able to deliver.

hooperflash
09-30-2016, 05:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpliEZgdwZ8

quentin_compson
09-30-2016, 05:54 PM
I never liked West, not before he was with the Spurs, not much when he was with the Spurs, and that's that. On the court, his whole tough guy act to me always seemed to be more about him than anything else.
But heck, he came to the Spurs because he thought he could win a ring here, and now he's doing more or less the same with the Warrriors. Complaining about one but defending the other seems kind of hypocritical.

GSH
09-30-2016, 06:02 PM
If the Warriors did in fact get a "nod" from West before the season was over / period began to start contacting other teams FAs, this definitely did constitute tampering. Warriors could make a series of other moves knowing full well they had at the very least a backup PF for 10 minutes a night (e.g., letting Speights walk).

A backup PF at a cheap price. Imagine of the Spurs had knowledge that Pau was willing to sign for, say, $10M per season. Think how much more they would have been able to give Manu. :lol

Yeah, even though everyone knows it goes on, it's different when you're caught or in this case foolishly state it.

Don't think we're the only ones to notice it. Tampering is serious shit, and the other owners are likely to have something to say about it. West was probably just talking off the top of his head, but if it really happened before the deadline? I'd bet on there being some kind of repercussions. They couldn't just ignore it and set precedent.

TD 21
09-30-2016, 06:06 PM
Perhaps different, but not by that much of a long shot. Keep in mind that when he came to San Antonio...sure, Golden State had just come off of a title, but that was hardly a blowout. Hell, Lebron and the Cavs B-team managed to push them to 6 games.

Nobody knew then that the Warriors would be a historic 73-win team. They also weren't a lock to make the Finals again, considering they almost (and probably SHOULD have) gotten knocked out by the Thunder after going down 1-3.

Everything seems clear in hindsight, but when the season started....the Spurs with newly-acquired LMA, DPOY Kawhi, Duncan, Manu, Parker, Green, and West looked like just as much of a super-team as Golden State was at that point, and they were pretty much 1A and 1B the entire season. That's why the playoffs are a different beast entirely, as evidenced by OKC's upset of SA, GSW's upset of OKC, and CLE's upset of GSW.

The fact that West gave up 11M to come to SA for a title-shot, when he could have had a spot in GSW for similar money, shows that he apparently felt the same way.

Don't get me wrong...I do believe that anybody flocking to GSW now for an easy ring is a beta move, just as it was when all the veterans were flocking to Miami to play with Lebron. Then again, when you've been in the league for 10+ years and haven't even sniffed the Finals...who can really blame him, especially as a role player?

But let's not pretend like anybody outside of San Antonio didn't think the same thing when he came to the Spurs. To be honest, it's kind of on the Spurs (West included) for not being able to deliver.

Primarily because of age, those Spurs didn't look like these Warriors and the state of the league was different. Many actually thought 6 teams (Rockets) had a legit chance. Right now, many think 2 do.

Obviously, I can't speak for West, but I think he thought they probably had a similar chance and that all things being equal, he'd rather be a Spur.

The Heat were different too. James's and Wade's games were always an awkward fit, Wade was past his prime after '11 and between the Spurs and Thunder, they were never favorites to the extent the Warriors are.

The premise is the same, but the situation is totally different and if he had picked the Warriors in '15, Durant signed with the Spurs and he jumped ship, I'd be saying the same thing.

Benoit
09-30-2016, 09:20 PM
lmao you guys were happy when he chased a ring with spurs but mad about him joining the best team in the league for a ring???

james evans
09-30-2016, 09:30 PM
With west on GS, that's a good thing for us. I hope no one here is upset that defenseless fucker is gone

Kawhitstorm
10-02-2016, 01:38 PM

Best leader in the NBA got baited by LeBron into a grade-school scuffle on the biggest stage a year after being benched in favor of David Lee.:lol

Obstructed_View
10-02-2016, 04:35 PM
I didn't read any of this thread, so apologies if it's been asked already, but if he couldn't pass up the opportunity to play with Kevin Durant, then how the fuck did he agree to sign with them while Durant's team was still alive in the playoffs? Signs point to the fact that David West is a fucking idiot.

Buddy Mignon
10-03-2016, 01:27 PM
Lol... shut the fuck up you wet faggots... lol

bklynspursfan
10-03-2016, 02:12 PM
lmao you guys were happy when he chased a ring with spurs but mad about him joining the best team in the league for a ring???

He didn't join the Cavs

Chinook
10-03-2016, 02:30 PM

Bandwagoner recognizes bandwagoner

sananspursfan21
10-03-2016, 03:56 PM
Loser never fit anyway. If it were someone more valuable I'd be pissed.

GSH
10-03-2016, 06:11 PM
If he wants to give up money to chase a ring, good for him. He'd be a damn fool to do it anywhere but GS or Cleveland. I don't give a shit about that part.

But for the record, West didn't decline his player option until June 13 - a full month after he says they contacted him. If he's telling the truth, then it was tampering. If he just made shit up that would cause his (new) team a problem, then we didn't need his dumb ass hanging around here anyway.

If the league doesn't want to enforce it's own rule, they should get rid of it. If they want to selectively enforce their own rule, they're putting themselves in the same category as the WWF. The Rockets got a big-assed fine a few years ago for publishing scouting reports on free agents. Not that a fine is any big deal to these owners.

spurs10
10-03-2016, 06:27 PM
He joined the Cavs? I thought he joined GSW? You know the team that won all those RS games only to blow a 3-1 lead in the Finals.

dabom
10-03-2016, 06:29 PM
He joined the Cavs? I thought he joined GSW? You know the team that won all those RS games only to blow a 3-1 lead in the Finals.

Ice009
10-04-2016, 07:45 AM
If he and Durant have said what they've said, why isn't the NBA looking into it?

If they find out they were tapering, then I think the Warriors need to lose draft picks and fined. That should satisfy a lot of the owners that were pissed about them getting a top 5 player after finishing with the best regular season record in NBA history.

GSH
10-04-2016, 08:07 AM
If he and Durant have said what they've said, why isn't the NBA looking into it?

If they find out they were tapering, then I think the Warriors need to lose draft picks and fined. That should satisfy a lot of the owners that were pissed about them getting a top 5 player after finishing with the best regular season record in NBA history.

What Durant did isn't a problem. It's only tampering if you try to influence a player who is under contract to another team. Durant didn't contact West until after West had declined his player option. That was after Durant had a deal with GSW, which was after the moratorium. It's the comment about the Warriors talking to him within days of the Spurs' last game. I don't see any way around that being tampering. It doesn't matter if they went through his agent, it's tampering. Like I said, if they don't want to enforce their own rules, or want to enforce it selectively, they need to get rid of the rule.

DJR210
10-04-2016, 08:41 AM
I'm gonna :lmao if West tears an ACL tbh.. desperate mother fucker wouldn't even care though, he'd still get a ring

SAGirl
10-07-2016, 12:11 AM
good luck to GSW with DWest. (not!) look who was getting that block and who was standing arms wide open ... (would not have grabbed the board if that didn't go in either).

http://www.sltrib.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=gxbyF 6pb62b$0jRvnHHHEM$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYsRWK6xrSeeYQQ NU7nmRME7WCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

FkLA
01-28-2017, 09:44 PM
Did this sorry ass nigga get cut from GS or something? :lol

spursparker9
01-28-2017, 10:01 PM
Probably GSW signed him to get Spurs' corporate knowledge

Darius Bieber
01-28-2017, 10:18 PM
Did this sorry ass nigga get cut from GS or something? :lol

Nah he has an injury.

Meanwhile, the Warriors are beating the Clippers by 40+, when the Spurs couldn't beat them at all.... Warriors will destroy the Spurs.

cd98
01-28-2017, 10:45 PM
Warriors game is boring. It was over by the half. NBA ratings are going to suck. Last week was a good game. The one tonight was a slaughter.

jermaine
01-28-2017, 11:00 PM
If Paul, Mills, Danny, an Ginobili doesn't come to play, we don't stand a chance. I can honestly see why everyone has already put them in the finals. Today was the 1st time i actually felt no one has a chance to beat them. But still..... FUCK KD!!!! That nicca is dumpsta juice. I dislike this poohcey more than any weak nicca I've ever had disliked...

dabom
01-28-2017, 11:18 PM
Nah he has an injury.

Meanwhile, the Warriors are beating the Clippers by 40+, when the Spurs couldn't beat them at all.... Warriors will destroy the Spurs.

did ya miss the season opener?

james evans
01-28-2017, 11:40 PM
did ya miss the season opener?
obviously they did. The ONLY way we lose to them in a series is is Poopovich starts his bullshit. GS seems to be the only team he actually coaches to win against. Everyone else it seems as if he's point shaving.

daslicer
01-29-2017, 01:47 AM
If Paul, Mills, Danny, an Ginobili doesn't come to play, we don't stand a chance. I can honestly see why everyone has already put them in the finals. Today was the 1st time i actually felt no one has a chance to beat them. But still..... FUCK KD!!!! That nicca is dumpsta juice. I dislike this poohcey more than any weak nicca I've ever had disliked...

KD is a bitch nigga. I have never had any respect for him especially when he went on a jealous rant against Kawhi after Kawhi had won Finals MVP. In general I don't respect passive aggressive people and Durant falls in that category. The guy did not have the balls to speak up and admit it while he was in OKC that he didn't like playing with Westbrook. Instead Durant would suck up to Westbrook and say stupid shit like "I need him to take all of shots and if he's not taking enough shots I get frustrated" but then would whine and cry behind close doors that Russ was a ball hog. His passive aggressive personality is the reason why Draymond has been able to become his new father. That's one thing I do find funny how Draymond owns Kevin and it's very evident by the way he talks down to him during games. If he win's the title this year it will be hollow and I don't see his legacy improving by that much. He will never be in the same pantheon of greats as Lebron,Duncan,Shaq and even Kobe.

Ice009
01-29-2017, 04:05 AM
Man, the Warriors must really hate the Clippers. They seem to give them some big time beatdowns, especially so after that smack that the Clippers talked about the Warriors after they won it in 2015. I think the Clippers were jealous and thought since they beat the Warriors in the 2014 playoffs that they could beat them whenever they wanted to. They choked against Houston, so it's their own fault as they very well could have beaten the Warriors in 2015 playoffs if they didn't choke against the Rockets.

Big mistake, since the Warriors don't forget any slight as they seem to use it as bulletin board material.

Robz4000
01-29-2017, 05:48 AM
Nah he has an injury.

Clippers match up worse to the Dubs than the Spurs to the Clippers tbh. Dubs prolly beat the Spurs in 5-6 but you can't take anything away from this game in regards to the Spurs.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-29-2017, 06:18 AM
Nah he has an injury.

Spurs beat the Dublettes by 28, what the fuck are you talking about? :lol

jermaine
01-29-2017, 07:28 AM
KD is a bitch nigga. I have never had any respect for him especially when he went on a jealous rant against Kawhi after Kawhi had won Finals MVP. In general I don't respect passive aggressive people and Durant falls in that category. The guy did not have the balls to speak up and admit it while he was in OKC that he didn't like playing with Westbrook. Instead Durant would suck up to Westbrook and say stupid shit like "I need him to take all of shots and if he's not taking enough shots I get frustrated" but then would whine and cry behind close doors that Russ was a ball hog. His passive aggressive personality is the reason why Draymond has been able to become his new father. That's one thing I do find funny how Draymond owns Kevin and it's very evident by the way he talks down to him during games. If he win's the title this year it will be hollow and I don't see his legacy improving by that much. He will never be in the same pantheon of greats as Lebron,Duncan,Shaq and even Kobe.

I'm Jermaine Webb, an I approve this post!

Harry Callahan
01-29-2017, 02:44 PM
I think David Lee has been a much better player than West was here in SA.

It seem like the passing ability opens up the floor and he's been pretty good in Pau's place.

Better than I expected.

lefty20
01-29-2017, 06:15 PM
U can't really hate West for this. We knew he was chasing rings when he gave up 11mil to give it a shot with us, since that didn't work he went to the team with even better odds. Besides, I'm actually quite happy with his replacement in Lee seeing as the white boy actually rebounds.

Spurtacular
01-29-2017, 06:45 PM
D West is a pious piece of shit. He pretend money isn't his filthy lucre. Nay, a ring is.

DarrinS
01-29-2017, 06:45 PM

It seem like the passing ability opens up the floor and he's been pretty good in Pau's place.

Better than I expected.

Definitely prefer Lee over West.

Seventyniner
01-29-2017, 08:52 PM

Better than I expected.

Yeah. West's midrange J was money but Lee is better at just about everything else.

HarlemHeat37
01-30-2017, 01:53 AM
Warriors are frightening, tbh..hate Dominos more than any player in league history, going to be tough watching him raise the championship:( I bet Pop wouldn't mind, though, he loves him some Warriors:lol

They have both the #1 offense and #1 defense in the league..damn..

Hopefully we get an injury or a miracle..

Robz4000
01-30-2017, 02:08 AM
Warriors are frightening, tbh..hate Dominos more than any player in league history, going to be tough watching him raise the championship:( I bet Pop wouldn't mind, though, he loves him some Warriors:lol

Wade prolly gets bought out, joins Lebron in Cleveland, and they cuck the Warriors again when Lebron asserts his dominance on Durbeta again, Curry folds to daddy Kyrie once more, and Raymond does something to get suspended a game or two.

Snaq O'Meal
01-30-2017, 03:36 AM

Pop's dream finals is probably Warriors vs Warriors.