PDA

View Full Version : Saints2006.com

PeterBurns
10-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Just talked with Kori.

She told me that some of you are very gifted at web design.

I'm looking to have a central San Antonio website that the city will use as a hub to have people sign up to house the Saints here for 2006.

I'm looking for someone to build a simple page/site. That will allow for online petition.

I hope to spread it to our hosts and have them get people to sign up.

Grassroots at it's best. But I believe we funnel our efforts if we have a central hub.

Please contact me if you can help.
I'm looking for someone to create the page, and perhaps someone to keep it updated with Saints articles.

Thanks FSPers

TheTruth
10-06-2005, 09:39 AM
my sister is a web designer. i could give her a call.

PeterBurns
10-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Truth - We don't need anything too fancy.
Really just a front page that has the capabilites to allow people to leave a message and sign an online petition.

We could set it up basically as a guestbook.

TheTruth
10-06-2005, 09:57 AM
I'll keep trying to get a hold of her.

batman2883
10-06-2005, 10:00 AM
Truthy make that shit tight with Deuce running in the background and Joe Horn on his cell phone with the battle of the alamo too to show the battle we as a city are facing while trying to get an nfl team here

Kori Ellis
10-06-2005, 02:48 PM
Bump.

Anyone interested in this should send a private message to utsagolfpb (Pete).

SequSpur
10-06-2005, 07:21 PM
The Saints aren't moving here bro, didn't Tagliahoe already say that?

TheWriter
10-06-2005, 10:37 PM
The Saints aren't moving here bro, didn't Tagliahoe already say that?

No. He said the NFL isn't looking to expand here. There's a difference between Xpansion and relocation.

ZStomp
10-06-2005, 10:48 PM
^^ There is a difference but it seems like TAGS has already made his mind up. But I guess anything to attempt to convince..I'm up for it...

TheWriter
10-06-2005, 10:58 PM
^^ There is a difference but it seems like TAGS has already made his mind up. But I guess anything to attempt to convince..I'm up for it...

Made his mind up about what? Granting San Antonio an expansion team? Let him. He's probably been decided for 10 years.

ZStomp
10-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Made his mind up about what? Granting San Antonio an expansion team? Let him. He's probably been decided for 10 years.

Thats what i'm saying - he's made his mind up about SA having a team via expansion/relocation.

TheWriter
10-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Thats what i'm saying - he's made his mind up about SA having a team via expansion/relocation.

He doesn't control whether a team can relocate or not.

ZStomp
10-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Well, it's not as easy as you make it appear to be.

scott
10-06-2005, 11:09 PM
He doesn't control whether a team can relocate or not.

He certainly carries a lot of influence... make no mistake about it. San Antonio needs to acknowledge the fact it's an uphill climb, and make the push... that means sell outs!!!

TheWriter
10-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Well, it's not as easy as you make it appear to be.

Well, it is.

Owner wants to relocate. Owners have to vote. In the history of the NFL no owners has been turned down.

It's pretty simple. When there's no longer a city for a pro team to make money from, the owner is gonna move. Pretty damn simple.

TheWriter
10-06-2005, 11:11 PM
He certainly carries a lot of influence... make no mistake about it. San Antonio needs to acknowledge the fact it's an uphill climb, and make the push... that means sell outs!!!

Sell outs, yeah, give it more than 2 weeks.

Freakin' Baton Rouge can't even sell more than 20,000 in the same time period and San Antonio has sold over 150,000. Probably 10's of thousands more.

scott
10-06-2005, 11:14 PM
This isn't about Baton Rouge. Save the lame excuses for someone gives a damn. It's an uphill battle we are fighting and we aren't going convince anyone with 85% capacity stadiums. If we want a team, we need to show it by selling out every game - and even then it is still a long shot.

Take your hometown homer hat off for a second and use your brain.

ZStomp
10-06-2005, 11:16 PM
This isn't about Baton Rouge. Save the lame excuses for someone gives a damn. It's an uphill battle we are fighting and we aren't going convince anyone with 85% capacity stadiums. If we want a team, we need to show it by selling out every game - and even then it is still a long shot.

I think TheWriter is the founder of the City of San Antonio. :lmao

Besides, how many people live in Baton Rouge compared to San Antoino/area?

More people..more tix sold....??

TheWriter
10-06-2005, 11:27 PM
I think TheWriter is the founder of the City of San Antonio. :lmao

Besides, how many people live in Baton Rouge compared to San Antoino/area?

More people..more tix sold....??

Yeah, least ignore it's actually in metro New Orleans not to mention its population nearly doubled with New Orleanians, not to mention LSU students get a discount.

Yet that gets them 20,000 tickets so far?

T Park
10-07-2005, 01:10 AM
Save the lame excuses for someone gives a damn

If you dont give a damn, then why are you busting his chops???

Nice defeatist attitude by some here.

"oh well they said no so i guess we should give up"

Don't give up. Make Benson see this is the city to be at.

Force him to have no decision BUT to move the team here.

Lets do it San Antonio.

mouse
10-07-2005, 07:36 AM
Don't give up.

Priceless :lmao

NINERS4LIFE
10-07-2005, 08:23 AM

WHERE ARE YOUR SEATS????