PDA

View Full Version : The artist formely known as Joel Anthony...

ElNono
10-03-2016, 11:27 PM
he's not making the final roster, is he? If he is, I might have to bump my Pop has lost it thread....

Splits
10-03-2016, 11:28 PM
Dude, he was our best player in the 2nd half. Lock him up in that 15th spot.

apalisoc_9
10-03-2016, 11:30 PM
Probably have to give him the whole pre-season to evaluate..Largely because of have LJC and Dedmon played..

but hes gonna get cut for sure.

Splits
10-03-2016, 11:34 PM
Mah nigga was just short of a quadruple double tonight, gotta lock him up immediately. Did you see all dem blocks?

MaNu4Tres
10-03-2016, 11:37 PM
No he's not, but he outplayed Dedmon by a lot and that's not a good sign -- even after 1 preseason game.

Dedmon looked sluggish and lazy even though he's rail thin. Not a good sign. Pretty disappointed in the way he looked tonight. R.C will have to address the front-court if Dedmon/Lee/Anderson don't improve.

Carl Landry? Noel?

Chinook
10-03-2016, 11:51 PM
I think he could make the team. That last spot is going to go to the best combination of performance and need. If Anthony plays like a solid vet, he'll probably win the performance metric, and if Dedmon and Lee struggle for the rest of the exhibition period, he'll probably win on need.

TheGreatYacht
10-04-2016, 12:02 AM
He's better than Garbino

gambit1990
10-04-2016, 12:10 AM
No he's not, but he outplayed Dedmon by a lot and that's not a good sign -- even after 1 preseason game.

Dedmon looked sluggish and lazy even though he's rail thin. Not a good sign. Pretty disappointed in the way he looked tonight. R.C will have to address the front-court if Dedmon/Lee/Anderson don't improve.

Carl Landry? Noel?
agreed, gonna give him the benefit of the doubt though... maybe he looked so lost because he hasn't played with those units a lot? you have to assume he's been practicing more with patty and manu than everyone else he played with tonight, right?

also... landry wouldn't be a difference maker. noel at least has more potential...

spurtech09
10-04-2016, 12:11 AM

Carl Landry? Noel?Like you said its one preseason game.......Yeah its preseason......

YGWHI
10-04-2016, 12:36 AM
agreed, gonna give him the benefit of the doubt though... maybe he looked so lost because he hasn't played with those units a lot? you have to assume he's been practicing more with patty and manu than everyone else he played with tonight, right?

Agree. It's hard to build chemistry on court when there are so many new guys on a team, hopefully the preaseason will allow them to look more natural together

Darius Bieber
10-04-2016, 01:45 AM
It's a bad sign when a 34 year old outhustles rookies who want to make the team. This is gonna be one long, bad season. Just tank.

spurs10
10-04-2016, 01:50 AM
I like his records! :downspin:

SAGirl
10-04-2016, 02:11 AM
I agree with Chinook that the last roster spot is based on performance and need. I think they still need a 3rd string PG and what's really concerning is that Dedmon looked this awful. Was more shocking to me than Anthony bc he's under contract.

Mal
10-04-2016, 03:23 AM
Doesn`t he have like 6 fouls to commit every night ?

ceperez
10-04-2016, 06:19 AM
I agree with Chinook that the last roster spot is based on performance and need. I think they still need a 3rd string PG and what's really concerning is that Dedmon looked this awful. Was more shocking to me than Anthony bc he's under contract.

This could be a very long season! What about David Lee, how did he look?

SAGirl
10-04-2016, 08:56 AM
Doesn`t he have like 6 fouls to commit every night ? He used them all in 20 minutes or less for sure.

SAGirl
10-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Didn't really see him. He didn't play in the latter part of the second half which is what I saw.

Spurtacular
10-04-2016, 12:01 PM
I'm surprised the Red Rocket didn't get into training camp if Joel Anthony's all they got to replace him, tbh.

T Park
10-04-2016, 02:36 PM

Carl Landry? Noel?

It was one preseason game. My fucking god....

T Park
10-04-2016, 02:37 PM

Rotates on D way better than I've seen before. It was a muddled pre season game. Anyone that thinks they're going to draw anything from that game is nuts.

MaNu4Tres
10-04-2016, 03:06 PM
It was one preseason game. My fucking god....

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I wasn't aware.

Heaven forbid anyone criticizing a player after a game.

I'm so wrong for doing such a thing.

dabom
10-04-2016, 03:19 PM

:lol

Dex
10-04-2016, 03:47 PM
One preseason game and the cliff jumpers are already getting poised on the precipice. :lmao

dabom
10-04-2016, 03:49 PM
I didn't watch the second half. But saying dedmon gonna start is fucking idiotic. Just saying.

apalisoc_9
10-04-2016, 03:58 PM

:lmao

DMC
10-04-2016, 04:14 PM
Since the Spurs are no longer "win for Timmy" they need to focus on developing guys. They aren't going to develop Joel Anthony nor his big head. Putting guys on the roster over young talent just to get to the 2nd round again is suicide down the road. If we had a Lebron situation, sure, but we don't.

Chinook
10-04-2016, 04:21 PM
They aren't going to develop Joel Anthony nor his big head.

Probably brought him in to mentor Anderson then,

TheGreatYacht
10-04-2016, 04:25 PM

:lmao

DMC
10-04-2016, 07:22 PM
To teach him balance.

GSH
10-04-2016, 09:58 PM

An interviewer asked Kyle, "If you could have one wish, what would it be?"
And Kyle replied, "Honestly? I'd like a little head."

SAGirl
10-04-2016, 10:42 PM
An interviewer asked Kyle, "If you could have one wish, what would it be?"
And Kyle replied, "Honestly? I'd like a little head."

I thought he would have asked for some hops and athleticism. He's fine looking as he is lol

Mikeanaro
10-05-2016, 01:54 AM
´Till I find the righteous one...
Come on what the fuck I´been out the BB world for a couple weeks and they are trying Joel Anthony? FUCK!

BillMc
10-05-2016, 05:12 AM
"Honestly? I'd like a little head."

There you go, quoting Bill Clinton again. :lol

Kikoluna
10-05-2016, 05:27 AM
If we have kept worthless Kyle anything is possible

Obi Juan Kenobi
10-05-2016, 05:13 PM
He'll be this year's Rasual Butler...will play well enough throughout the season only to get unceremoniously cut to make way for another washed up contract buyout...