PDA

View Full Version : After a year in San Antonio, LaMarcus Aldridge finds his comfort zone

PUPPETMASTER
10-04-2016, 11:40 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17717176/nba-year-san-antonio-aldridge-finds-comfort-zone

cutewizard
10-04-2016, 11:48 PM
hmmmmmm

Obstructed_View
10-06-2016, 05:57 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. His Blazers were a team that settled for jumpers, and the Spurs have become the same with him. The world changes without Tim Duncan next to you, bruh.

alpha_HaZE
10-06-2016, 06:28 PM
Thanks for sharing, it's a nice article! I am happy to see LMA taking more 3pt shots this year like he did with Portland.

SAGirl
10-06-2016, 07:18 PM
Terrific article thanks for sharing. Great statement from RC on Aldridge's character, specially the diva accusations run in the face of this:

"I don't know that he struggled," Spurs general manager R.C. Buford said. "I would guess there are very few mid-career changes where you walk in and it's an instantaneous transition; especially in a group that had played together for a long time. I don't know that any of us felt like he struggled to begin with. It took time for us to understand how he fits best, and for him to learn how to best impact our club. I think he was very respectful of the group that was here. He had no intention of coming in and impacting our group in a way the team wasn't comfortable with."

Coach Pop:

On multiple occasions, Popovich admitted last season that Aldridge was deferring to his new teammates, "just trying to fit in."
Now, Popovich "absolutely" envisions Aldridge taking on more of a leadership role with the Spurs in the absence of Duncan.
"LaMarcus and Kawhi are the main scorers on the team so to speak," Popovich said. "So it'll be interesting to see how [their] leadership develops."

Spurtacular
10-07-2016, 12:05 AM
18 posts from an account created in 2009.

TheGreatYacht
10-07-2016, 04:20 PM
We go as far as :lma takes us

cutewizard
10-09-2016, 02:07 AM
Lamarcus is the alpha!!!!! together with Leonard!!!!

Bertans is the surprise addition to the bench!!!

Mills is in a contract year!!!!

Gasol is now our point center!!

Gasol at point center, Kawhi Leonard as small ball four, Bertans as shooting forward, Kyle and JSimmons at the backcourt!!!!

TheGreatYacht
12-22-2016, 02:09 AM
Spurs 23-5
Blazers 13-18