PDA

View Full Version : ACL

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Alright Spurstalk, I've done a little homework on this but decided to just bite the bullet and ask you degenerates for some advice.

The wife and I are going to ACL on Friday and while I'm too old for this, I need to sneak weed into the festival. Short of inserting a bag of weed into any part of my body, what's the best way to go about this without getting caught?

I'm bringing an empty vaporizer so that will just be packed in our backpack....it's the bag of weed I'm concerned about.

Please let me know what to do.....except avante, that pos needs to stay out of this thread.

Thank you in advance.

Brazil
10-05-2016, 03:05 PM
If they control with dogs you are pretty much screwed depending on the size of the bag... only option in that case is right in the ass imho

SpursforSix
10-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Alright Spurstalk, I've done a little homework on this but decided to just bite the bullet and ask you degenerates for some advice.

The wife and I are going to ACL on Friday and while I'm too old for this, I need to sneak weed into the festival. Short of inserting a bag of weed into any part of my body, what's the best way to go about this without getting caught?

I'm bringing an empty vaporizer so that will just be packed in our backpack....it's the bag of weed I'm concerned about.

Please let me know what to do.....except avante, that pos needs to stay out of this thread.

Thank you in advance.

Put it in your butt.

SpursforSix
10-05-2016, 03:09 PM
You're taking a "bag" in?

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Put it in your butt.

Lol....anything other than that.

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 03:11 PM
You're taking a "bag" in?

Not necessarily....that was my first thought though was to put it in a ziplock and just put it in my shoe or next to my sac....I was just hoping someone had a better idea.

SpursforSix
10-05-2016, 03:11 PM
Ok...here's what you do.

Have someone outside with a drone. Attached a decoy bag to the drone. Have the drone come down and then you scream "it's a dirty bomb". Then have your buddy outside throw a Frisbee in with the weed attached to it.
With all the commotion, you should be able easily get the weed off the Frisbee.

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 03:12 PM
Ok...here's what you do.

Have someone outside with a drone. Attached a decoy bag to the drone. Have the drone come down and then you scream "it's a dirty bomb". Then have your buddy outside throw a Frisbee in with the weed attached to it.
With all the commotion, you should be able easily get the weed off the Frisbee.

While I like where you're head is at, I'd prefer to not commit any felonies.

SpursforSix
10-05-2016, 03:15 PM
While I like where you're head is at, I'd prefer to not commit any felonies.

Fair enough. Ok, here's what you do. Get on Backpage and find a hooker that really needs the money. Take her to the show. Have another hooker outside on a catapult. Have your buddy catapult her in. When she's falling, have the hooker you're with scream, "oh shit...ISIS!". Then have the Frisbee thrown in.

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 03:17 PM
Fair enough. Ok, here's what you do. Get on Backpage and find a hooker that really needs the money. Take her to the show. Have another hooker outside on a catapult. Have your buddy catapult her in. When she's falling, have the hooker you're with scream, "oh shit...ISIS!". Then have the Frisbee thrown in.

Hmmmm....still fee like there's an issue with legality there....plus, I don't think Mrs. Johnsmith would be down for that one.

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 03:19 PM
Also, I know this is a dumb topic and I'm over thinking this process, but it's been a while since I've intentionally broken laws.

SpursforSix
10-05-2016, 03:22 PM
Hmmmm....still fee like there's an issue with legality there....plus, I don't think Mrs. Johnsmith would be down for that one.

I don't know how much you're wanting to take it but it seems like you could easily get enough in your shoe or something. I've never been to ACL so I don't know if they have dogs.
I've never been to a concert where they did.

Keep it in your car and walk up to the venue and see if they do have dogs. If they don't, just stick it in your shoes or pants. If they do have dogs, see the catapult trick.

koriwhat
10-05-2016, 03:30 PM
Dont be a pussy and roll a few blunts and walk in like you own the joint!

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 03:31 PM
I don't know how much you're wanting to take it but it seems like you could easily get enough in your shoe or something. I've never been to ACL so I don't know if they have dogs.
I've never been to a concert where they did.

Keep it in your car and walk up to the venue and see if they do have dogs. If they don't, just stick it in your shoes or pants. If they do have dogs, see the catapult trick.

I can't imagine they have dogs either....I went last year and every third person was smoking so it can't be that fucking hard. I'm just too old and have to many responsibilities to get in trouble for something as trivial as weed. Shame I live in the one state that will never legalize it because it's full of inbred rednecks that honestly believe they know what's best for everyone.

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 03:31 PM
Dont be a pussy and roll a few blunts and walk in like you own the joint!

Nah, I'm bringing a dry herb vaporizer I just bought ($200 fucking dollars)....and I want to use it....otherwise you're exactly right and that's what I should do.

DJR210
10-05-2016, 03:33 PM
If dogs are there at the gate, you're gonna have to get creative with some laundry detergent or oil or something to block out the dog's ability to smell.. Do you even want to go through the hassle when you can more than likely score a sack when you're in there?

Also, your local head shops should have the dummy containers that look like everyday items but feature a hidden compartment to stash whatever you want. Also, if you're wife is gangsta and bout that life she can always use her twat, would be much easier and comfortable than your ass, IMHO

Are you able to score wax (BHO)?? No odor and most vapes have interchangeable parts to accommodate dry herbs or oils etc..

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 03:36 PM
If dogs are there at the gate, you're gonna have to get creative with some laundry detergent or oil or something to block out the dog's ability to smell.. Do you even want to go through the hassle when you can more than likely score a sack when you're in there?

Also, your local head shops should have the dummy containers that look like everyday items but feature a hidden compartment to stash whatever you want. Also, if you're wife is gangsta and bout that life she can always use her twat, would be much easier and comfortable than your ass, IMHO

The head shop idea is a good one. Again though, i can't imagine they have dogs.

SpursforSix
10-05-2016, 03:37 PM

Also, I'm sure they'd do anything if they caught you with it or smoking it. They'd probably just make you throw it away.

DJR210
10-05-2016, 03:37 PM

I doubt it too.. SpursforSix's catapult idea is good too but if a vape and some bud happened to land near me I'm gonna take it

Chucho
10-05-2016, 03:38 PM
Nah, I'm bringing a dry herb vaporizer I just bought ($200 fucking dollars)....and I want to use it....otherwise you're exactly right and that's what I should do.

1. You wasted your money. Dry herb vaporizers are stupid and more headache than their worth.

2. Don't listen to a guy with faggy tatts on his calves. And definitely don't let him call you a pussy.

3. I imagine ACL will be like Marley Fest. Don't sweat it too much. Put it in your fucking underwear if you're stressing that much over it. They won't frisk you or fondle your balls.

4. If you're that much a pussy, get blown before you come in or eat a fucking edible a few hours before you go. If the edible is half way decent, you will be more loaded than smoking out of a friggin dry herb vaporizer.

SpursforSix
10-05-2016, 03:45 PM
I doubt it too.. koriwhat (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=10674)'s catapult idea is good too but if a vape and some bud happened to land near me I'm gonna take it

That was my idea. WTF.

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 03:45 PM
1. You wasted your money. Dry herb vaporizers are stupid and more headache than their worth.

I've been quite happy with it....little overpriced but I think it's pretty cool. Plus it was more for my wife because she's got asthma and smoke just kills her lungs....she can hit this a fair bit better.

2. Don't listen to a guy with faggy tatts on his calves. And definitely don't let him call you a pussy.

Lol....I'm comfortable enough with myself that a stranger on the Internet calling me a pussy doesn't bother me....no big deal there.

3. I imagine ACL will be like Marley Fest. Don't sweat it too much. Put it in your fucking underwear if you're stressing that much over it. They won't frisk you or fondle your balls.

I think you're right.

4. If you're that much a pussy, get blown before you come in or eat a fucking edible a few hours before you go. If the edible is half way decent, you will be more loaded than smoking out of a friggin dry herb vaporizer

It's not that I'm a pussy, it's that I'm in my late 30's with two little kids....I'm too old to be doing shit like this.

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 03:46 PM
That was my idea. WTF.

Lol, it was your idea....and a good one at that!

DJR210
10-05-2016, 03:51 PM
That was my idea. WTF.

:lol my bad

Fixed.

clambake
10-05-2016, 03:51 PM
roll a couple. its just for you and her, right?

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 03:53 PM
roll a couple. its just for you and her, right?

Yeah, but that's why I got the vaporizer....her asthma kills her with straight smoke.

Monostradamus
10-05-2016, 03:57 PM
I went last weekend and I'll say they were far more thorough with bag checks/pat downs than in years past. Best bet from what I heard is get there at the busiest time when the lines are crazy long, at those times security gets told to speed it up so they'll just let you through with almost no checking.

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 03:58 PM
I went last weekend and I'll say they were far more thorough with bag checks/pat downs than in years past. Best bet from what I heard is get there at the busiest time when the lines are crazy long, at those times security gets told to speed it up so they'll just let you through with almost no checking.

Thank you sir!

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 03:58 PM

You think strapping next to my nutsack will work based on the patdowns you saw?

Monostradamus
10-05-2016, 03:59 PM
No dogs. But they will check your camelbacks and all water bottles. Some guys are more strict than others. Maybe scope it out and find the security guy that clearly doesn't give a shit and isn't really checking people.

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 04:00 PM
No dogs. But they will check your camelbacks and all water bottles. Some guys are more strict than others. Maybe scope it out and find the security guy that clearly doesn't give a shit and isn't really checking people.

10/4

clambake
10-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Yeah, but that's why I got the vaporizer....her asthma kills her with straight smoke.

sorry to hear that.

now listen, you gotta let her go in before you........in case they take you down.

Monostradamus
10-05-2016, 04:01 PM
You think strapping next to my nutsack will work based on the patdowns you saw?
Probably will. Every day they just patted your sides from armpits to your thighs. Probably make sure it's a male patting you down so there's even less chance he goes there.

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 04:01 PM
sorry to hear that.

now listen, you gotta let her go in before you........in case they take you down.

Lol....you're making me panic now!

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Probably will. Every day they just patted your sides from armpits to your thighs. Probably make sure it's a male patting you down so there's even less chance he goes there.

Understood. Thanks Mono

DJR210
10-05-2016, 04:02 PM
johnsmith god damnit we better not be talking about you pole vaulting over the security checkpoint to sneak in some fucking reggie..

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 04:03 PM
johnsmith god damnit we better not be talking about you pole vaulting over the security checkpoint to sneak in some fucking reggie..

Lol....if I'm arrested, I will make sure to come post here before they slap the cuffs on me.

DisAsTerBot
10-05-2016, 04:08 PM
dry herb vape means you need a grinder or grind it all before hand. it's kind of a pain in the ass to load too especially at the festival. Maybe just smoke a few bowls in the car before yall go in?

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 04:10 PM
dry herb vape means you need a grinder or grind it all before hand. it's kind of a pain in the ass to load too especially at the festival. Maybe just smoke a few bowls in the car before yall go in?

Agreed...I will grind it before hand for sure and will also smoke plenty prior to arrival. But it's an all fucking say thing so I'm gonna need more while I'm inside.

DisAsTerBot
10-05-2016, 04:11 PM
Agreed...I will grind it before hand for sure and will also smoke plenty prior to arrival. But it's an all fucking say thing so I'm gonna need more while I'm inside.

buy a travel size advil bottle, empty it out, fill with ground up bud and put it in your wife's purse with all her other shit

DisAsTerBot
10-05-2016, 04:12 PM
it wont' be a ton but you'll have something

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 04:13 PM
buy a travel size advil bottle, empty it out, fill with ground up bud and put it in your wife's purse with all her other shit

That's what I'm gonna do....thanks disasterbot!

DisAsTerBot
10-05-2016, 04:13 PM
:tu

oh crap
10-05-2016, 04:16 PM
I went on Sunday and had a fucking blast

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 04:17 PM
I went on Sunday and had a fucking blast

Yeah, ACL is pretty fucking awesome. The wife and I went a few years ago and decided it's an annual requirement as long as we live in the Austin area.

oh crap
10-05-2016, 04:20 PM
Yeah, ACL is pretty fucking awesome. The wife and I went a few years ago and decided it's an annual requirement as long as we live in the Austin area.

The food/drink prices are pretty outrageous but that's at any festival. I got lucky and scored a decent price on a VIP wristband that includes all you can eat/drink and VIP shaded lounge. Was my 4th year going VIP and it's the only way I want to go now.

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 04:22 PM
The food/drink prices are pretty outrageous but that's at any festival. I got lucky and scored a decent price on a VIP wristband that includes all you can eat/drink and VIP shaded lounge. Was my 4th year going VIP and it's the only way I want to go now.

We decided to do VIP next year. Do the VIP tix allow you to use the golden toilet?

oh crap
10-05-2016, 04:27 PM
We decided to do VIP next year. Do the VIP tix allow you to use the golden toilet?

nope, not sure where they keep that thing but the restrooms in the VIP area are still pretty nice with A/C, sinks and full stalls. PROTIP: don't pay full price for the VIP passes. I usually find them from $150-200 (for single day wristband) on Craigslist and register them in person to make sure they're legit. Almost $1200 for a weekend set at full price. FUck that.

oh crap
10-05-2016, 04:28 PM
oh, and the VIP entrance is much faster and more lax as well

Boogie Munster
10-05-2016, 05:23 PM
Last time I went was a few years ago when they had The Cure and Depeche Mode. My ex hid a few joints in her tampoon bags (empty) and they didn't even bother searching them. No clue how it is this year but it's always been fairly easy to sneak in weed at big festivals.

Ill be up there Friday for Radiohead. The set list looked great so I'm pretty excited.

clambake
10-05-2016, 06:45 PM
hide the weed inside a pressure cooker.

ohmwrecker
10-05-2016, 06:55 PM
They don't care at all. Put in your pocket and walk in, you pussy.

johnsmith
10-05-2016, 08:15 PM
They don't care at all. Put in your pocket and walk in, you pussy.

Lol

mrsmaalox
10-05-2016, 08:58 PM
I have a cleaned out old lipstick tube I keep for the purpose of carrying loose weed. It's metal and has gone thru xray, no problem. Just throw it in my purse or carry-on with my other cosmetics.

Spur|n|Austin
10-06-2016, 12:09 AM
They give zero shits about it. It's fine in your pocket. Sneaking liquor in is a bit trickier but also quite doable.

No metal detectors, no pat downs, and of course no drug dogs (lol it's a music festival in Austin).

Proxy
10-06-2016, 12:49 AM

they've got nice toilets yes

as for the other shit, I did get patted down pretty thoroughly and the girls got their bags checked to the bottom. That was early friday. Every time after that, it was a scan over and I got through easy... but vip line might be more lax. Plenty of my friends got their shit in too. I did see someone get turned around though. Guard didn't call authorities or anything, just told the couple to put the shit back in their cars. Wasn't a big deal

If you're super worried, then just do blunts?

koriwhat
10-06-2016, 03:07 AM
Eat some oil. Edibles is the way to go.

Spur|n|Austin
10-06-2016, 09:04 AM
^ +1 to edibles - long lasting and perfect mellow feel for a day of music.

JudynTX
10-07-2016, 01:15 PM
Eat some oil. Edibles is the way to go.

Where can we get that in SA?

koriwhat
10-07-2016, 02:07 PM

lmao really? don't know and not gonna say. sorry.

johnsmith
10-07-2016, 03:42 PM
Turns out I could put it all in my pocket and walk in.

Having a great time! Everyone should do this at least once if they can!

clambake
10-07-2016, 03:49 PM

Having a great time! Everyone should do this at least once if they can!:toast be careful

gambit1990
10-07-2016, 09:30 PM

lol, yeah. had no problem taking in weed and acid last year.

BD24
10-08-2016, 12:41 AM

Actually heading up to Austin tomorrow for ACL, pretty pumped about it.

Joseph Kony
10-08-2016, 01:18 AM
-preloaded vaporizer oil pen

-roll joints and put amongst cigs in a pack

imo

oh crap
10-08-2016, 12:32 PM

which acts were highlights yesterday?

DMC
10-08-2016, 02:18 PM
Bob over on the corner of 5th and main, he lives in the yelow house with the green awning. Just say ST sent you for some illegal shit. He's cool.

johnsmith
10-08-2016, 04:12 PM
which acts were highlights yesterday?

Radiohead as the headliner was good....the strumbellas were good....awolnation was good.

There were a bunch that I enjoyed but wouldn't pay just to see them.

BD24
10-09-2016, 09:04 AM
So went to ACL yesterday and it was a pretty good time. Kendrick and Schoolboy Q were both really good, especially Kendrick, amazing live. Chainsmokers had an awesome light show.

On a side note Avante would have been in heaven. There was a rididoulus amount of high school girls there, maybe Avante will finally make that trip to Texas for this next year. Music and under aged women, what more could an old pedo ask for.

ashbeeigh
10-12-2016, 10:16 PM
The easy answer would be to wrap it in one of the blankets you brought it with you. They made me dump out the like one ounce of water i had in my camelback but didn't go much further than that.

Agree with ElKingslayer2 that Kendrick was good. Chainsmokers were out of control and the high school girls were at Major Lazer and the Chainsmokers shows. Cage the Elephant was also pretty good.

pgardn
10-12-2016, 11:01 PM
Radiohead as the headliner was good....the strumbellas were good....awolnation was good.

There were a bunch that I enjoyed but wouldn't pay just to see them.

You made it in safely, very good.

Weed kills when one has to catapult hookers and launch errant frisbees.
Remember to Just say No.

DMC
10-15-2016, 12:25 AM
The easy answer would be to wrap it in one of the blankets you brought it with you. They made me dump out the like one ounce of water i had in my camelback but didn't go much further than that.

Agree with ElKingslayer2 that Kendrick was good. Chainsmokers were out of control and the high school girls were at Major Lazer and the Chainsmokers shows. Cage the Elephant was also pretty good.
I read that like people were smoking too much around you, the young girls were annoying and smoking uncontrollably, and you left went to Lazers and those chain smokers showed up there too.

JudynTX
10-18-2016, 11:46 AM
Bob over on the corner of 5th and main, he lives in the yelow house with the green awning. Just say ST sent you for some illegal shit. He's cool.

:lol

RGMCSE
10-18-2016, 08:56 PM
I regretted not going this year. Never been. So I signed up for the news letter to get updates on ticket sales. I bought 4 3day tickets for weekend 1 next year. Can't wait!! By the way Columbus Day is the 9th next year so gonna make it a blast weekend and get an AirBNB. 3day tix went on sale today in case anyone's interested.

Spur|n|Austin
10-19-2016, 07:10 PM
I regretted not going this year. Never been. So I signed up for the news letter to get updates on ticket sales. I bought 4 3day tickets for weekend 1 next year. Can't wait!! By the way Columbus Day is the 9th next year so gonna make it a blast weekend and get an AirBNB. 3day tix went on sale today in case anyone's interested.

:toast