PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Woj: NBA, union optimistic new CBA deal likely finalized within several weeks

Splits
10-06-2016, 06:41 PM
The NBA and National Basketball Players Association have made significant progress toward a new Collective Bargaining Agreement, and there is strong optimism among officials on both sides that a deal could be finalized in the next several weeks, league sources told The Vertical.The NBA and NBPA each have until Dec. 15 to exercise an opt-out clause of the current 10-year deal that was reached in 2011, but sources on both sides believe that a new deal will be in place prior to that date.

An agreement will eliminate the possibility of a work stoppage in 2017.

During several months of discussions, NBA commissioner Adam Silver and NBPA executive director Michele Roberts, as well as their respective committees and staffs, have agreed upon many of the significant collective bargaining issues, league sources said. Much of the remaining talks are centered upon smaller elements of the CBA, league sources said.

From the outset of the talks, there has been a spirit of cooperation between Silver and Roberts, largely reflective of strong economic times in the NBA.

Among expected changes in the new CBA, league sources told The Vertical: A significantly higher rookie contract scale and two-way contracts between the NBA and NBA Development League that will add playing jobs for the union.

The NBA and NBPA were unable to reach a labor deal in 2011 until December, costing teams 16 regular-season games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-nba-union-optimistic-new-cba-deal-likely-finalized-within-several-weeks-200433903.html

White team wins again.

Killakobe81
10-06-2016, 07:22 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-nba-union-optimistic-new-cba-deal-likely-finalized-within-several-weeks-200433903.html

White team wins again.

Not really when good players like Conley gets LeBron $ and solid players like Harrison Barnes make more than Kiwi

baseline bum
10-06-2016, 07:42 PM
Not really when good players like Conley gets LeBron $ and solid players like Harrison Barnes make more than Kiwi

Salaries go up when the league signs a huge TV deal, I don't know why you're complaining. The players are still making a much lower percentage of average basketball related income than they were a few years ago.

Chinook
10-06-2016, 07:51 PM
Why on Earth would you raise the rookie scale? Best I could see is adding escalators for things like All Star appearances or end-of-season awards. It would be interesting to see a second-round scale, though.

Killakobe81
10-06-2016, 07:52 PM
Salaries go up when the league signs a huge TV deal, I don't know why you're complaining. The players are still making a much lower percentage of average basketball related income than they were a few years ago.

I'm not complaining ...the LeBron, CP3, Melo wade mafia signed off on this deal ...I'm usually pro union but if they don't have the stones to fight for a fair deal fuck these rich pricks ...I got my own battles to fight.
I was one of the loudest on here critiquing the current labor deal. If they extend then why should I care?

Spurtacular
10-07-2016, 01:21 PM
I'm not complaining ...the LeBron, CP3, Melo wade mafia signed off on this deal ...I'm usually pro union but if they don't have the stones to fight for a fair deal fuck these rich pricks ...I got my own battles to fight.
I was one of the loudest on here critiquing the current labor deal. If they extend then why should I care?

Dunno where it's at now; but when it was allegedly players getting 51 percent of revenues, I thought the owners and everyone on the other side of the ledger were getting a raw deal. They assume all the risk and do the lion's share of the work, tbh. If you're getting that much to play with a ball, you have nary the right to complain.

Dex
10-07-2016, 01:34 PM
Whatever it takes to avoid another lock out. Last time we lost months of basketball, and somehow both sides still seemed to act like they ended up losing.

K...
10-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Weird to comment on an agreement that isn't finished or public. The focus of the union at the start was enlarging the share of income subject to sharing, not so much the rate. If they get nothing there then you know they caved.