PDA

View Full Version : Pistons: Predict Bobans stats

Fabbs
10-07-2016, 03:58 PM
Double double machine. 12/10 at the least.

I would assume with his new coach he will get ample playing time vs being chained to the bench.
But, only time will tell. :rolleyes 1st preseason game he did not start and only got 8 minutes. Lets hope it not a repeat of :pop::downspin:

He'll get hacked hard, but unlike other Snaq Oneal Deandre Jordan type bigs, 'Bobs can sink free throws. :toast

Fabbs
10-07-2016, 04:00 PM
I also think he is going to have to be taught that he must retaliate. I don't mean sink to the cheapshots level, but rather give a Duncanesque response. Bobs may also have to deliver some hard blows/elbows.

Chris
10-07-2016, 04:05 PM
13/8/3/1.5

Fabbs
10-07-2016, 04:13 PM
^^ that's right if Boban is on the floor with Drummond, his rebounding opportunities will go down.

Spurtacular
10-08-2016, 01:25 AM
This thread is genius. I'll try to get in some sort of prediction before the season starts.

DMC
10-09-2016, 01:35 PM
Boban will foul out before the end of the 3rd so often he'll be on the bench too much to average a double double.

DMC
10-09-2016, 01:36 PM
I also think he is going to have to be taught that he must retaliate. I don't mean sink to the cheapshots level, but rather give a Duncanesque response. Bobs may also have to deliver some hard blows/elbows.
Duncanesque response? Like big eyed stare and run back down the court? Duncan responded with dominating game play and not allowing players to get into his head. Boban isn't Duncan.

Fabbs
10-10-2016, 10:31 PM
Naw I've seen Duncar give some bumps the few times some ignorant enough assholes tried to hurt him.

DNP tonight for Boban vs the Spurs. What is up with that?

Spurtacular
10-10-2016, 10:39 PM
Pistons don't seem committed to Boban in the early going. He'll be a 20-10 guy if he gets the minutes (not likely this season).

Fabbs
10-10-2016, 10:43 PM
Pistons don't seem committed to Boban in the early going. He'll be a 20-10 guy if he gets the minutes (not likely this season).I fully supported Pat Rileys coup of Van Grunty and we saw the Championship results.
Along with his phuck up vs the 2009 Flamers.
Wow, not sure Boban is in the right place at all.
Ok, maybe he had a sprain or something tonight and it's still all good.

Spurtacular
10-10-2016, 10:53 PM
I fully supported Pat Rileys coup of Van Grunty and we saw the Championship results.
Along with his phuck up vs the 2009 Flamers.
Wow, not sure Boban is in the right place at all.
Ok, maybe he had a sprain or something tonight and it's still all good.

Watching him in warm-ups, Boban looked healthy. And if preseason indicators hold, Baynes is ahead of Boban in the rotation.

Fabbs
10-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Watching him in warm-ups, Boban looked healthy. And if preseason indicators hold, Baynes is ahead of Boban in the rotation.
two years and two dumbphuck coaches? (Playoffs anyways)
Ok hang in there Boban.

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-11-2016, 12:40 AM
5/3

ElNono
10-11-2016, 01:09 AM
dem rodeo over here too, catch up Thread :lol

Thread
10-11-2016, 05:24 AM
dem rodeo over here too, catch up Thread :lol

No, seriously, El, are you still watching your children masturbate?

xellos88330
10-14-2016, 08:12 AM
Anyway, like I was sayin’, shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There’s shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There’s pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That, that’s about it.

Thread
10-14-2016, 08:15 AM
Anyway, like I was sayin’, shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There’s shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There’s pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That, that’s about it.

Bend over. I'll show you a fuckin' shrimp.

Fabbs
10-14-2016, 08:24 AM
:lol

DJR210
10-14-2016, 10:07 AM
God damn if Thread passed away the NBA forum would be so much better

xellos88330
10-14-2016, 11:05 AM

You haven't bought me dinner yet fruitcake.

TimDunkem
10-14-2016, 11:46 AM
So you have a shrimp dick?

Thread has a shrimp dick, everybody.

Thread
10-14-2016, 12:14 PM

Anytime you want me to go just say the fucking word. I don't stay where I ain't welcome.

ambchang
10-14-2016, 12:26 PM
I'd say 8/5

Fabbs
10-14-2016, 12:49 PM
I'd say 8/5
I guess he will have to shine in per minute stats again. :rolleyes

ambchang
10-14-2016, 12:55 PM
I guess he will have to shine in per minute stats again. :rolleyes

Calvin Booth had great per minute stats, never translated.

List of players who had per 36 stats of >= 20 pts and 13 rebs, while playing less than 10 minutes a game:

http://bkref.com/tiny/7iagI

MultiTroll
10-14-2016, 01:07 PM
I just want Bobs to get a translation opportunity.
He got 20+ minutes exactly 5 times last season.

22/12
9/8
5/9 with only 4 FGAs. Porker must have played the whole game.
13/6
17/13
13.2 / 9.6 ave

DAF86
10-14-2016, 01:14 PM
What kind of role will he had? If he gets around 20 mins I could see him averaging around 8/10 pts and 4/5 rbds.

Thread
10-14-2016, 01:21 PM
Look at ya's, ruminating & obsessing over this.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

ambchang
10-14-2016, 01:27 PM
I just want Bobs to get a translation opportunity.
He got 20+ minutes exactly 5 times last season.

22/12
9/8
13/6
17/13
13.2 / 9.6 ave

3 of those 5 games were blowouts, and he was playing against a severely injured Memphis, OKC in a blowout game, and a horrible Suns team.

I think he's got potential, but I am not sure if his lack of speed will allow him to be played enough minutes to really get 13/10 consistently throughout the season.

He would have been great in the 90s and 00s, ilke a healthy Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

Fabbs
10-16-2016, 12:49 PM
3 of those 5 games were blowouts, and he was playing against a severely injured Memphis, OKC in a blowout game, and a horrible Suns team.

I think he's got potential, but I am not sure if his lack of speed will allow him to be played enough minutes to really get 13/10 consistently throughout the season.

He would have been great in the 90s and 00s, ilke a healthy Zydrunas Ilgauskas.
He had games against good teams where he got 15-19 minutes. Boban seems to keep up his per minute production against about whoever he is playing. Van Grunty it appears is not going to pair him with Drummond.
9/5/2steals in only 18 mins against Philly Friday nite.

ambchang
10-16-2016, 01:57 PM
He had games against good teams where he got 15-19 minutes. Boban seems to keep up his per minute production against about whoever he is playing. Van Grunty it appears is not going to pair him with Drummond.
9/5/2steals in only 18 mins against Philly Friday nite.

There were a couple, but even Kwame Brown got a good game against Garnett. Thing about Boban is that he is extremely difficult to use for long periods against decent teams as his lack of mobility would be exploited easily. More agile bigs would just run circles around him, and teams would be nailing outside shots all game long with him in the lineup. He is good offensively, as his size and touch gives him a huge advantage over other centres, but overall, it's really difficult to use him.

DMC
10-16-2016, 09:19 PM
If Dale passed on it would be a worse place to be. Same for most of you (not all though).

Fabbs
10-17-2016, 08:15 PM
There were a couple, but even Kwame Brown got a good game against Garnett. Thing about Boban is that he is extremely difficult to use for long periods against decent teams as his lack of mobility would be exploited easily. More agile bigs would just run circles around him, and teams would be nailing outside shots all game long with him in the lineup. He is good offensively, as his size and touch gives him a huge advantage over other centres, but overall, it's really difficult to use him.
I'm hearing you but i would say how come no other NBA 3rd string scrub centers had a 30 PER and 'Bobs per minute stats?
As to the running thing, while modern NBA has become a chuckfest, look how Golden Showers did after Bogut went down. Not saying i even like Bogut or he would have given the Dubs the win, but a defensive keyhole defender is still valuable. Remember 2006 when CIA Popped abandoned Championship ball for small balls?

I think Spurs could have won with Boban. We'll never know.

ambchang
10-17-2016, 08:42 PM
I'm hearing you but i would say how come no other NBA 3rd string scrub centers had a 30 PER and 'Bobs per minute stats?
As to the running thing, while modern NBA has become a chuckfest, look how Golden Showers did after Bogut went down. Not saying i even like Bogut or he would have given the Dubs the win, but a defensive keyhole defender is still valuable. Remember 2006 when CIA Popped abandoned Championship ball for small balls?

I think Spurs could have won with Boban. We'll never know.

boban's strength is on offense where his combination of size, touch and moves make him extremely difficult to guard one on one, especially by backups. His problem is his defense against teams that can spread the floor due to his total lack of mobility. Against the thunder, he would be useless on defense, and on offense, the athleticism and long reach of the thunder defenders will make him pretty much a liability.

MultiTroll
10-17-2016, 09:14 PM
His problem is his defense against teams that can spread the floor due to his total lack of mobility
Is that backed up by any defensive metrics?
Thunder games regular season Boban only got minutes twice. They split, i remember Boban completely holding his own.
Playoffs that final game i do not even recognize the stats. Boban went for an offensive rebound, Anus Kunter gave him an arm bar then flopped the ground and took Baban with him. ThunderRef rung up Boban. :rolleyes

ambchang
10-18-2016, 05:28 AM
Is that backed up by any defensive metrics?
Thunder games regular season Boban only got minutes twice. They split, i remember Boban completely holding his own.
Playoffs that final game i do not even recognize the stats. Boban went for an offensive rebound, Anus Kunter gave him an arm bar then flopped the ground and took Baban with him. ThunderRef rung up Boban. :rolleyes

His drating for the season is actually pretty good, but it's a small sample against selected lineups. I don't know what his defensive stats are specifically vs the thunder but that would be an even smaller sample.

Boban would have been much more useful in the mid 00s.

DMC
10-18-2016, 09:18 AM
His drating for the season is actually pretty good, but it's a small sample against selected lineups. I don't know what his defensive stats are specifically vs the thunder but that would be an even smaller sample.

Boban would have been much more useful in the mid 00s.

aka not Today's NBA

spursistan
10-26-2016, 09:22 PM
Doesn't look like he will get opportunities to statpad in garbage time with Detroit. 5 mins: 1 reb/1stl/2 PFs..Not sure why SVG is in intent on overpaying every Spurs 3rd stringer :lol

Robz4000
10-26-2016, 09:27 PM
Doesn't look like he will get opportunities to statpad in garbage time with Detroit. 5 mins: 1 reb/1stl/2 PFs..Not sure why SVG is in intent on overpaying every Spurs 3rd stringer :lol

He's getting his money's worth out of Baynes imo.

Fabbs
01-29-2017, 11:22 AM
Boban in 15+ minutes per game, 4 games this season:
(Hey that's all Van Grunty has given him)

7/4 17 min
9/5 18 min
15/19 22 min
13/11 16 min
11/9.75 in 18 minutes per game ave.

11-16 FGs. 70%
25.10 PER for the year.

Fabbs
01-29-2017, 11:28 AM
...and dat D

https://youtu.be/VORtSB7L1mw

Thread
01-29-2017, 12:34 PM
If Dale passed on it would be a worse place to be.

- "Kind words, Ethan, thank ya kindly."

- "Moses" - "The Searchers"

Fabbs
11-29-2017, 09:10 PM
Farking Detroit ahead by 40 tonight in the 3rd quarter and Van Grunty is still not giving Boban any play.
4 farking minutes left in the game.

:lol todays NBA.

Chris
11-29-2017, 09:30 PM
never forget :cry

1hIM-PH9TdM

MultiTroll
11-30-2017, 08:49 AM

1hIM-PH9TdM
Benched by Popped for showing too much nad?

Seventyniner
11-30-2017, 09:38 AM

1hIM-PH9TdM

That story in the info section :lol

King Marjanovic sat in his private chambers, located at the top of the highest tower of the castle. From this high-up vantage point, the king could look out each of the room's four windows in turn and be able to see nearly the full extent of his kingdom. Now taking the opportunity to so look, he smiled and clasped his large hands together at the sight of the sun-dappled hills and fertile fields of his lands.

Boban was interrupted by a tentative voice from behind him. "My king..." He turned around to find his adviser, Kawhi Leonard, standing at the top of the steps. Kawhi had been the only member of former-King Duncan's royal court to escape the torments of the dungeons, so wise was his counsel. While such vermin as Ginobili and Parker received cruel treatment for their loyalty to the deposed king, Kawhi alone had displayed adequate trustworthiness in submitting fully to Boban's holy reign.

"Kawhi, there is no need for timidity. I might be ruthless and capricious towards my foes, but you are certainly not counted among those vile ranks."

Kawhi tilted his head forward in deference. "Thank you, my lord."

Boban sat down in a richly-cushioned chair designed specially for his large frame. On the table next to him was an empty flagon and a bottle of mulled honeywine. He filled the flagon to the brim and took a large swig, then addressed his adviser. "What is it you wish to tell me?"

"There are reports coming in from the governors, my lord. Unrest in the villages. They resist your rule."

Boban's aspect darkened. "I have done nothing to them. Their governors remain unchanged, their tributes have not been raised," he mused, his anger growing. "They have been treated with lenience in their support of the usurped king, when I could easily have them taken prisoner."

Kawhi nodded. "You are indeed gracious towards your subjects, my lord. But they do not care about how they themselves are treated, for their lives are consumed by poverty and they have long accepted that poverty as the rightful order of things; they only see how their beloved former king is presently treated, and they do not understand your reasons."

Taking another swig of his drink, Boban said, "After his long and bitter resistance to my claiming of the throne, Duncan had two options. Leave these lands forever, or remain here and be doomed to the dungeons. He chose his fate." The flagon was slammed down on the table. "Duncan's populist policies might have endeared him to the wretched beasts who inhabit these lands, but it weakened the kingdom." He paused, then asked of his adviser, "Do you know what my win shares were this year?"

".325 per 48, my lord," Kawhi answered dutifully, long ago having memorized the number. "Highest in the known world."

Boban smiled. "Exactly. That alone justifies all my actions." He placed the bottle and cup on the floor next to his feet, an action which confused Kawhi. "Soon, however, the respect of the populace will be gained in other ways." He ripped away the purple cloth that was draped over the table to reveal that the table was in fact a cage. Kawhi recoiled when he caught sight of the huddled man inside.

"Do you not recognize him, Kawhi?" Boban asked, inordinately pleased by the caged man's suffering.

Kawhi took a minute step closer and squinted at the man. Then, his eyes grew wide. "It is Stephen Curry, king of the far west kingdom by the sea."

"Indeed. His win shares were close to mine, but overthrowing him was effortless. For now, a man named Thompson rules there, but they live in fear of us. It will be easy to make them pay tribute. And now Curry will be put on display in the main hall, so that all visitors to this castle may readily view evidence of my dominance over opposing kingdoms. With Curry so restrained, no challenger could ever hope to amass more win shares than I. Not even you, Kawhi."

For the first time since his capture, Stephen attempted to say something, but the act of using his vocal chords caused him to cough violently.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Boban mocked. "Let me get you something to drink." He took the remnants of his honeywine and splashed it on the captive's face. Stephen spluttered and coughed some more, but his parched tongue feebly searched out drops of the liquid. Finally, Stephen managed to whisper, "Rakeem...Christmas..."

The sound of this name threw Boban into a rage. He leaped to his feet and effortlessly picked up the cage, which he threw at the wall. Stephen moaned in pain as his body cracked against the hard stone walls of the room. When the cage came to rest on its side, he could do no more than cry silently. "Do not say that name again, or your fate will be death," Boban warned as Kawhi looked on in horror.

Ignoring the trembling man, Boban returned to the window, where he again cast his gaze across all his domain. "You and I, Kawhi. Together, we will rule this land, and restore it to its rightful place as the most powerful kingdom in the world."

xellos88330
11-30-2017, 11:34 AM
That story in the info section :lol

That was pretty good! I would read that book.

SAGirl
12-01-2017, 04:29 PM
man Boban this season only 19 minutes played over 3 games...

Chris
12-01-2017, 06:14 PM
man Boban this season only 19 minutes played over 3 games...

Boban for Lauverne would you eat his contract?

SAGirl
12-02-2017, 01:28 AM
Boban for Lauverne would you eat his contract?
no I can't say I would. Spurs are already going to have trouble re-signing guys next summer as it is.

Spurtacular
12-02-2017, 06:23 AM
Benched by Popped for showing too much nad?

Traded by Pop for being too good. Fuck 25-12.

MultiTroll
01-27-2018, 07:44 PM

List of players who had per 36 stats of >= 20 pts and 13 rebs, while playing less than 10 minutes a game:

http://bkref.com/tiny/7iagI

'Bobs doing it again.
In only 14 minutes today:
14/8/2/1 on 5-9 shooting and sank 4-4 FTs.

MultiTroll
01-27-2018, 07:47 PM
https://assets.fxnetworks.com/cms/prod/2016/12/simpsonsworld_social_og_ralph_1200x1200.jpg
Hi Coach Pop this is Stan Van Gundy.
Should I use Boban like you did?
I'm worried the home crowd might get too enthusiastic.

Fabbs
01-29-2018, 10:34 PM
WooHoo!
Boban freed from Stan Van Grunty.

Oh wait, Doc Rivers :depressed

Clipper Nation
01-29-2018, 11:11 PM
Well, since we already traded Willie Reed and DJ's going to be traded soon, Boban should get plenty of playing time. He'll be a disaster on defense because he's so slow, but the Serbian connection on offense with Milos and Boban will be good for some highlights here and there.

Robz4000
01-29-2018, 11:28 PM
Well, since we already traded Willie Reed and DJ's going to be traded soon, Boban should get plenty of playing time. He'll be a disaster on defense because he's so slow, but the Serbian connection on offense with Milos and Boban will be good for some highlights here and there.

It's too bad Uncle Tom Rivers is still the coach, but Boban is actually a pretty damn fine rim protector and post defender. If he could put together a legit defensive system Boban could shine. Obviously wouldn't be a star but he can do a lot of what Gasol is doing for the Spurs defensively.

Clipper Nation
01-29-2018, 11:34 PM
It's too bad Uncle Tom Rivers is still the coach, but Boban is actually a pretty damn fine rim protector and post defender. If he could put together a legit defensive system Boban could shine. Obviously wouldn't be a star but he can do a lot of what Gasol is doing for the Spurs defensively.
Doc sucks, but it's looking like the only centers on our roster are going to be Boban and Montrezl, so it's not like he's going to have a choice in giving Boban minutes.

"Disaster" might be too strong of a word, but there's stretch bigs taking jump shots all over the league, and that's a major problem for Boban defensively. He's just too slow to defend the high PNR. There's only so much scheming anyone can do to make up for his physical limitations in such a crucial part of the game. I do like the scoring and rebounding that he brings to the table, though. He should have immediate chemistry with Milos since they played on the Serbian national team together.

dabom
01-29-2018, 11:40 PM
Doc sucks, but it's looking like the only centers on our roster are going to be Boban and Montrezl, so it's not like he's going to have a choice in giving Boban minutes.

"Disaster" might be too strong of a word, but there's stretch bigs taking jump shots all over the league, and that's a major problem for Boban defensively. He's just too slow to defend the high PNR. There's only so much scheming anyone can do to make up for his physical limitations in such a crucial part of the game. I do like the scoring and rebounding that he brings to the table, though. He should have immediate chemistry with Milos since they played on the Serbian national team together.

If Boban starts. I'll watch. :lol

MultiTroll
02-11-2018, 12:10 PM
0 minutes thru 5 games.
Any words from Coc?

Clipper Nation
02-12-2018, 10:15 AM
0 minutes thru 5 games.
Any words from Coc?
We didn't end up trading DJ, so that will be Doc's excuse to never play Boban. Hell, even Montrezl struggles to get consistent minutes because Doc subscribes to the Thibs method of rotations. Then we wonder why we always have so many injuries.

Of course, the real reason Boban's not playing is because his last name isn't Rivers.

Chris
02-12-2018, 03:21 PM
#FreeBoban tbh

Clipper Nation
02-28-2018, 12:25 AM

Clipper Nation
02-28-2018, 12:31 AM

Clipper Nation
02-28-2018, 12:34 AM
Boban is +12 in 4 minutes so far with 7 points and 3 rebounds. Doc needs to #FreeBoban more often.

Clipper Nation
02-28-2018, 12:44 AM

This is absolutely insane right now.

daslicer
02-28-2018, 01:00 AM
Enjoying watching Boban getting all these minutes. I'm hoping he plays the whole entire fourth.

Clipper Nation
02-28-2018, 01:00 AM

Clipper Nation
02-28-2018, 01:07 AM

Robz4000
02-28-2018, 01:07 AM
This is Boban's world and we're just living in it.

Robz4000
02-28-2018, 01:12 AM
Uncle Tom Rivers benches Boban, Denver roars back. Coincidence? I think not.

Clipper Nation
02-28-2018, 01:22 AM
Final stats: 18 points, 6 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block, 1 assist, +27 in 15 minutes. Completely turned this entire game around for us.

Clipper Nation
02-28-2018, 01:25 AM

Bynumite
02-28-2018, 01:33 AM
Two teams fighting hard for the chance to get swept in the first round :lmao

Fabbs
02-28-2018, 01:46 AM
Uncle Tom Rivers benches Boban, Denver roars back. Coincidence? I think not.
Did DeMonkey get injured or? Wondering if the only reason Coc gave Boban the minutes was an injury.

Robz4000
02-28-2018, 02:06 AM
Did DeMonkey get injured or? Wondering if the only reason Coc gave Boban the minutes was an injury.

Didn't see, but when I was watching he was pretty awful out there.

ambchang
02-28-2018, 11:58 AM
Would’ve been shaq in 2000

Clipper Nation
02-28-2018, 03:09 PM

Fabbs
03-01-2018, 03:06 PM
Wow.

'Bobs has been given 15+ minutes a grand total of exactly 2 games this season.
18/6/2 as you posted
15/9/3 in only 22 minutes vs the Heat.

I did a post on how he did in previous years with 15+ minutes. Super consistent, 'Bobs produced in virtually every one of these games. And yet Coc follows it up with a benching (3 minutes). :lol

ambchang I'm going to continue to say 'Bobs is way more then stat padder in scrub situations.
Again, if that was the case, why are not all other scrub 3rd string centers putting up PER of 25+ ?

UZER
03-01-2018, 06:28 PM
Dude is a beast, just in the wrong era.

Clipper Nation
03-01-2018, 06:38 PM
SMH at Boban only getting 3 minutes against Houston. Doc even said before the game that he had circled it on the calendar to give Boban big minutes. Plus, DJ wasn't even pretending to give effort, so we really could have used him.

Boban should change his last name to Rivers. Then he'll get 30 minutes per game guaranteed.

Fabbs
03-01-2018, 10:06 PM
Boban should change his last name to Rivers. Then he'll get 30 minutes per game guaranteed.
Jerry West cannot be on board with Coc continuing, can he?

2. Does the retard but rich owner ever comment on anything basketball related?

3. Current GM ever say anything basketball related?

ambchang
03-01-2018, 10:23 PM
Wow.

'Bobs has been given 15+ minutes a grand total of exactly 2 games this season.
18/6/2 as you posted
15/9/3 in only 22 minutes vs the Heat.

I did a post on how he did in previous years with 15+ minutes. Super consistent, 'Bobs produced in virtually every one of these games. And yet Coc follows it up with a benching (3 minutes). :lol

ambchang I'm going to continue to say 'Bobs is way more then stat padder in scrub situations.
Again, if that was the case, why are not all other scrub 3rd string centers putting up PER of 25+ ?

What you calling me out for? I said he’d be shaq in the 2000. What more do you want?

Fabbs
03-01-2018, 10:31 PM
What you calling me out for? I said he’d be shaq in the 2000. What more do you want?
Somewhere you said he didn't fit in todays game, his metrics sucked or something like that. I think you thought his D was so poor that it did not make up for his O, which you attributed to being in scrub time.

Clipper Nation
03-01-2018, 10:43 PM
Jerry West cannot be on board with Coc continuing, can he?

2. Does the retard but rich owner ever comment on anything basketball related?

3. Current GM ever say anything basketball related?
The latest rumor is Doc quitting on us and going to the Knicks. If the Logo can fleece Dolan out of a first-round pick, that would be choice.

Clipper Nation
03-01-2018, 10:49 PM
He wouldn't be Shaq - he doesn't have the footwork, athleticism (not that he's unathletic, Shaq was just a freak of nature in his prime) or even the defense of Shaq. I do think he'd be a perennial all-star back then, though.

ambchang
03-01-2018, 11:02 PM
Somewhere you said he didn't fit in todays game, his metrics sucked or something like that. I think you thought his D was so poor that it did not make up for his O, which you attributed to being in scrub time.

He doesn’t. His lateral movement is too slow in an age when a big is expected to cover the paint and the three point line. I think is o is legit, especially against these scrub bigs in :lol today’s nba.

ambchang
03-01-2018, 11:04 PM
He wouldn't be Shaq - he doesn't have the footwork, athleticism (not that he's unathletic, Shaq was just a freak of nature in his prime) or even the defense of Shaq. I do think he'd be a perennial all-star back then, though.

Shaq was clearly tongue in cheek, but is slow footed dinosaurs like Smita, duckworth, Daugherty, and eaton can make the all star team, I have little doubt boban can.

Clipper Nation
03-03-2018, 12:50 AM

Fabbs
03-03-2018, 12:46 PM
^^^ :claw

Craig CIA Popplevich
Stan Van Gundy
Coc Rivers.

Gonna be interesting to see in the future if/when Boban ever gets freed by a coach with a clue.

LkrFan
03-11-2018, 08:16 AM

Clipper Nation
03-16-2018, 08:51 PM

Clipper Nation
03-16-2018, 08:55 PM

MultiTroll
03-16-2018, 10:13 PM
^^^
Craig Popplevich
Stan Van Gundy
Coc Rivers

'Bobs we hardly knew ye:depressed

Clipper Nation
03-25-2018, 08:57 PM

Spurtacular
03-26-2018, 12:10 AM

Boban would've been better than Gasoft and for cheaper.

Spurtacular
03-26-2018, 12:14 AM
6 pts, 3 reb, 9 min avg. The only 20-10 all-star I can remember being relegated to the bench.

:lol Today's NBA

spurraider21
03-26-2018, 12:56 PM
:lol just watch his feet... im cracking up

Clipper Nation
03-27-2018, 11:33 PM

Clipper Nation
03-27-2018, 11:37 PM

spurraider21
03-28-2018, 11:33 AM
wow. uncontested dunks

Clipper Nation
03-28-2018, 01:27 PM

Fabbs
03-28-2018, 03:16 PM
3rd best PER in NBA history
but but but he can't move his feet on defense. -Some SpurFags and other Boban detractors.

spurraider21
03-28-2018, 03:32 PM
but but but he can't move his feet on defense. -Some SpurFags and other Boban detractors.
it's his 3rd season and he's playing for his third coach. none of them have given him rotation minutes. maybe they're all blind

Fabbs
03-28-2018, 04:02 PM
it's his 3rd season and he's playing for his third coach. none of them have given him rotation minutes. maybe they're all blind
Craig CIA Popplevich without Tim Duncan
Stan Van Gundy
Coc Rivers.

Who, don't get me wrong, at one time all of them could coach.
As to the present NBA game? :lmao
Next.

SAGirl
03-28-2018, 08:47 PM
He played the most minutes for Pop his rook yr.:wakeup

HarlemHeat37
03-28-2018, 09:04 PM

Clipper Nation
04-09-2018, 11:38 PM

ambchang
04-10-2018, 05:37 AM
He makes unibrow look like a kid.

Fabbs
04-10-2018, 08:29 AM
12/9 in only 14 minutes last night.

smh Coc Rivers.

Clipper Nation
04-10-2018, 08:37 AM
12/9 in only 14 minutes last night.

smh Coc Rivers.
In fairness, he would have played more if he didn't hurt his hand in the first half.

Fabbs
04-10-2018, 10:04 AM
In fairness, he would have played more if he didn't hurt his hand in the first half.
just banged it? Cause he played the most minutes in the 4th.

The Instagram pics of his hands are :lol

Play Boban
04-10-2018, 09:38 PM
Boban would dominate the NBA if he was unchained by his oppressors tbh.......

He has the most raw talent of any player in the nba.

Play Boban
04-10-2018, 09:40 PM
Have you ever heard of the word “collusion” tbh?

Clipper Nation
06-04-2018, 04:23 PM
Boban has joined the cast of John Wick 3:

http://collider.com/john-wick-3-boban-marjanovic/

spurraider21
06-04-2018, 04:44 PM
smh treating the poor guy as a circus animal :lol

AaronY
06-05-2018, 08:46 AM
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac

Fabbs
06-05-2018, 10:20 AM
smh are you and Baseline Faggot the same multitroll?

AaronY
06-05-2018, 11:18 AM
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac

smh are you and Baseline Faggot the same multitroll?
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac
2V3CfD8TPac

Fabbs
06-08-2018, 08:31 AM
I'm a faggot
That you are.

Stop screwing up a thread dedicated to Boban.

MultiTroll
10-26-2018, 04:46 AM
He makes unibrow look like a kid.
and has a PER of 31 so far this season in the two games he got decent run (both wins).
So what does Coc Rivers do?
Benches him in a loss to Unibrow in New Orleans.

Fabbs
11-03-2018, 10:00 AM
'Bobs gets the start vs Magic!
10/11 on 4-7 in only 23 minutes. Blowout win 120-95.
Clipper Nation what is up? Why did Coc give him the start? More starts to come????

6 pts, 3 reb, 9 min avg. The only 20-10 all-star I can remember being relegated to the bench.

:lol Today's NBA

Clipper Nation
11-03-2018, 11:58 AM
Doc finally switched up the rotation because Gortat was either hurt or just being rested. Plus, Gortat hasn't been playing well enough to justify staying in the starting lineup anyway.

Here's hoping that Boban will get more chances to start. His defensive shortcomings don't matter anymore in the era of "freedom of movement," and he's a matchup nightmare in today's NBA (just look at how Embiid and Jokic have struggled against him). Unfortunately, Doc will probably go right back to starting Gortat again.

Spurtacular
11-03-2018, 03:12 PM
Doc finally switched up the rotation because Gortat was either hurt or just being rested. Plus, Gortat hasn't been playing well enough to justify staying in the starting lineup anyway.

Here's hoping that Boban will get more chances to start. His defensive shortcomings don't matter anymore in the era of "freedom of movement," and he's a matchup nightmare in today's NBA (just look at how Embiid and Jokic have struggled against him). Unfortunately, Doc will probably go right back to starting Gortat again.

How is Gortat better, tbh?

I figured Boban was more just a victim of the small ball era.

:lmao Tom Rivers

MultiTroll
11-15-2018, 09:16 AM
Bobans PER has dropped all the way to 27.
.630 shooting % and top 20 in rebounds per minute.

All of which means he may will be benched in tonight's coaches Clash of the Titans Coc Rivers vs Greg CIA Pop.

spurraider21
12-30-2018, 01:36 AM
:lmao thinking hes shaq

Fabbs
01-10-2019, 11:30 PM
Unfortunately, Doc will probably go right back to starting Gortat again.
5 games in January and 'Bobs has 11 minutes total. :lol Including 3 DNPs.

Wonder were Boban will end up in the All Time Underused list? I think if he retired today he's already be at least top 20.

JokicParty
01-11-2019, 01:42 AM
He missed a wide open 3 at the end of the game that even Denver fans were hoping would go in.

Harrell is easily their best Center but Boban should play over Gortat. Gortat offers nothing except flopping.

Fabbs
02-12-2019, 08:11 PM
20+ minutes games Boban career.
He has only had 13, and those are all either right at 20 min or barely over like 21, 22.

2015/16 his rookie year with Pop as coach:
22/12
9/8
13/6
17/13
(13.2 / 9.6 ave)

2016/17 2nd year overall and first with Van Grunty:
Only gave 'Bobs 4 farking games with 20+ minutes, most of them barely over 20 like 21, 22. Results:

15/19
27/12
14/10
14/11

2017/18 third season, split under combined dumbshits Van Grunty and Doc Rivers:
1 (one) game of 20+ minutes (22 minutes):

15/9

2018-19 so far
3 games 20+ minutes (barely 20 21 22) all with Coc Rivers.
15/11 with 3 blocks
10/11
11/5

Now on Philly. Tonight vs Celtics. Go Boban!

Fabbs
02-20-2019, 06:30 PM
We'll see if Brett Brown ups Bobans minutes by much. If so, let's see what his stats do as he won't have to see Embiid get the majority of the touches.

Sixers big man Joel Embiid out at least week with sore knee

Fabbs
02-21-2019, 09:37 PM
1st start for Philly:

19/12 on 6-7 shooting in only 27 minutes. Knocked down FTs in late 4th with game on the line. Needs to clean up the turnovers.

spurraider21
02-21-2019, 10:48 PM
good on him tbh

Play Boban
02-21-2019, 11:17 PM
1st start for Philly:

19/12 on 6-7 shooting in only 27 minutes. Knocked down FTs in late 4th with game on the line. Needs to clean up the turnovers.
:wow

MultiTroll
02-25-2019, 10:37 PM
Boban keeping the great PER going so far in Philly.
3rd game
20 min 12 pts 10 boards 6-8 shooting.

2-1 record since Embiid went out.

MultiTroll
02-25-2019, 10:38 PM
But looks like Philly coach is married to small balls when Embiid is out.
Middle game loss to Portland 'Bobs got the start but only 5 shots. Seems to feature JJ Redick no matter what.

Play Boban
02-26-2019, 12:28 AM
My boy was straight punking dudes tonight. Dunking nearly flat footed and cleaning up the scraps. Dominating without even having offense run for him per par.

MultiTroll
02-26-2019, 10:32 AM
My boy was straight punking dudes tonight. Dunking nearly flat footed and cleaning up the scraps. Dominating without even having offense run for him per par.
Looks like a real cheapshot from Cheick Diallo.

MultiTroll
02-26-2019, 11:56 AM
UPDATE: Good news! Literally the second after I published this post, our Liberty Ballers Slack chat pinged, and Dave Early provided the encouraging news that Boban’s MRI came back negative, determining that no serious injury occurred. The report comes from a Serbian website called B92 (https://www.b92.net/sport/kosarka/nba.php?yyyy=2019&mm=02&dd=26&nav_id=1510434), with the translation provided below via Sports Radio 94.1 WIP (https://94wip.radio.com/boban-marjanovic-sixers-injury):

An MRI on Boban Marjanović’s right knee came back negative and “showed that there was no fracture and that it was not a serious injury,” according to the Serbian website B92.net. Marjanović’s agent, Miško Ražnatović, does not expect Marjanović to miss much time, the report says.

https://www.libertyballers.com/2019/2/26/18241261/boban-marjanovic-to-have-mri-on-right-knee

Play Boban
02-26-2019, 12:47 PM
UPDATE: Good news! Literally the second after I published this post, our Liberty Ballers Slack chat pinged, and Dave Early provided the encouraging news that Boban’s MRI came back negative, determining that no serious injury occurred. The report comes from a Serbian website called B92 (https://www.b92.net/sport/kosarka/nba.php?yyyy=2019&mm=02&dd=26&nav_id=1510434), with the translation provided below via Sports Radio 94.1 WIP (https://94wip.radio.com/boban-marjanovic-sixers-injury):

An MRI on Boban Marjanović’s right knee came back negative and “showed that there was no fracture and that it was not a serious injury,” according to the Serbian website B92.net. Marjanović’s agent, Miško Ražnatović, does not expect Marjanović to miss much time, the report says.

https://www.libertyballers.com/2019/2/26/18241261/boban-marjanovic-to-have-mri-on-right-knee

:wow

I can't wait to see him dominate in the playoffs.

MultiTroll
03-05-2019, 08:43 PM
:depressed
Brett Brown said “we all should bunker in that it is going to be longer than we wish” in regards to Boban’s playing status.

MultiTroll
03-20-2019, 10:52 PM
Not sure if Bobs is on post injury limitation or Brown is playing small balls vs Celtics.

07-03-2019, 12:23 PM
Bump

Mavs = restacked tbqh

MultiTroll
12-13-2019, 08:56 PM
Bump

Mavs = restacked tbqh
For only the 2nd time this year Boban got 20 or more minutes. Delivers as usual.

Vs. New Orleans
23 minutes
15 points
16 rebounds.

MultiTroll
01-22-2020, 12:32 AM
Since Dec 7th 'Bobs has only gotten 15+ minutes of run twice. Delivered, per usual.
20 min 13 pts / 11 boards on Jan 14th vs Golden State

16 min 12 pts / 7 boards on 5-6 shooting including the basket that tied the game after they trailed since the 2nd qtr.

22 PER.
Still mostly benched.
Not sure if Bobans knees just can't hold up or if
:lol Todays NBA coaches
includes Jim Carrey.

01-23-2020, 12:19 AM
As said before, he physically cant play more than 15-20 minutes. Any times he’s gone over 20 minutes, im sure were very taxing on him.

MultiTroll
04-28-2021, 05:35 PM
As said before, he physically cant play more than 15-20 minutes. Any times he’s gone over 20 minutes, I'm sure were very taxing on him.
Boban has never been the same imo since March 2019 when Cheick Diallo's reckless (cheapshot?) play injured Bobs.

That was the timeframe we were going to see Boban get extended minutes as Embiid was out for a while.

Last night vs the Warriors Boban again added to his all time great PER.
But the knees looked pretty gimpy.
Not that the knees ever were super duper and time was going to take it's toll, but they look much more gimpy now imo.

21.67 season PER as Boban keeps producing be it crunch time or garbage time. The few games he gets 20+ minutes he an auto double/double or close to it.

Hope he gets on a Championship contender before he retires.

Spurtacular
04-28-2021, 09:43 PM
If they played real basketball, Boban would be a top 50 player easily.