PDA

View Full Version : Can we do something about the lack of broadcast for preseason games?

Sean88888
10-09-2016, 05:58 AM
Shall we spam the Spurs twitter account to let them know how displeased we are with the lack of broadcasting for preseason games? I really don't want to watch another game from someone streaming from his seat.

Complain here: https://twitter.com/spurs

jermaine
10-09-2016, 06:28 AM
I didn't even attempt to watch that shit! But I'm sooooo disappointed I haven't seen a game get. I got league pass an a Firestick. Yet no gm! Sucks big time

John Petrucci
10-09-2016, 06:34 AM
It really is BS with all the success we've had over the years. How could someone think hardcore fans don't care? I guess there may be no correlation whatsoever, but it's frustrating as fuck.

SPURt
10-09-2016, 06:35 AM
My biggest complaint is with LP. I think we all purchased the service with the expectation preseason games were included based on previous seasons.

SPURt
10-09-2016, 06:40 AM
Looking ahead at the next game via NBA.com I don't think the Pistons game will be available either. For those with hopes of seeing that game I think it's going to be similar to yesrday's game.

Fireball
10-09-2016, 07:12 AM
Last season, on LP, they combined the arena screen video feed with audio commentary from radio ... I do not understand why they are not able to do it again this season

TimDunkem
10-09-2016, 01:11 PM
NBA pinching pennies while still collecting yours this preseason. Smh

Keepin' it real
10-09-2016, 01:38 PM
Can we do something about the lack of broadcast for preseason games?

Yes, watch football.

Kikoluna
10-09-2016, 01:53 PM
Better question, can we do something about trading Kyle Anderson?

gambit1990
10-09-2016, 01:56 PM
preseason games? i think we can thank "fans" like TheWriter:

You're a dumbass. The Spurs have traditionally not aired preseason games. It's no big deal because the games don't count for shit. Stop getting your panties in a bunch.

Solid D
10-09-2016, 03:37 PM
I can remember going to sports bars to watch the Spurs' play-off games because they were pay-per-view in San Antonio.

Spurtacular
10-09-2016, 07:31 PM
First 3 or 4 Spurs preseason games aren't on LP. Some of them even were initially scheduled to be broadcast too, I believe. But it's not like I'm missing much. Fuck, catch up on Hulu or Netflix or something. It's the fucking preseason.

Spurtacular
10-09-2016, 07:31 PM
I can remember going to sports bars to watch the Spurs' play-off games because they were pay-per-view in San Antonio.

80's?

apalisoc_9
10-09-2016, 08:22 PM
We can attack spurs twitter account. If we can get at least 100 comments and likes..its bound to make them reconsider their preseaso tv program

Solid D
10-09-2016, 11:46 PM
80's?

Yes, but it seems like it was PPV for the home games into the 90s. For sure the Barkley shot (Phoenix) over David Robinson at the Hemisfair Arena was blacked out.

Spurtacular
10-10-2016, 12:17 AM
Yes, but it seems like it was PPV for the home games into the 90s. For sure the Barkley shot (Phoenix) over David Robinson at the Hemisfair Arena was blacked out.

Probably depended on the market.

spurs10
10-10-2016, 03:02 AM
Yeah I think them not airing any pre- season games is really a drag. I don't know why as it seems like it would be a smart move to appease your fans willing to pay to see you in TV.

SupremeGuy
10-10-2016, 08:33 AM
I can remember going to sports bars to watch the Spurs' play-off games because they were pay-per-view in San Antonio.Holy shit that sucks.

UZER
10-10-2016, 08:44 AM

Even the first the home games against the Rockets in '95 were on PPV.

baseline bum
10-10-2016, 08:46 AM

The 95 WCF was blacked out also. I watched the first two games on First Choice PPV. What a kick in the nuts to see the Spurs lose both home games after paying $30 each for them. :lol

baseline bum
10-10-2016, 08:47 AM
Holy shit that sucks.

Spurs home games were almost all on PPV in the 90s. I don't think it died off until the 98-99 lockout.

FromWayDowntown
10-10-2016, 09:59 AM
Spurs home games were almost all on PPV in the 90s. I don't think it died off until the 98-99 lockout.

Pretty much. The stories about the 1995 playoffs -- and particularly the 1995 West Finals -- are true. I remember listening to Rodman's Game 2 meltdown on the radio.

I don't know that David Robinson's quadruple double was available on local TV and I still remember a home game during the 1994-95 regular season fairly late in the season between the Spurs and Magic (then leading their conferences) -- arguably the most important regular season game that year -- being on PPV and having to go to a bar to watch it.

baseline bum
10-10-2016, 10:09 AM
Pretty much. The stories about the 1995 playoffs -- and particularly the 1995 West Finals -- are true. I remember listening to Rodman's Game 2 meltdown on the radio.

I don't know that David Robinson's quadruple double was available on local TV and I still remember a home game during the 1994-95 regular season fairly late in the season between the Spurs and Magic (then leading their conferences) -- arguably the most important regular season game that year -- being on PPV and having to go to a bar to watch it.

I remember being blown away going to Houston in the late 90s and seeing all their home games were on regular tv. :lol

For the Spurs in the 90s it seemed like the only home games not blacked out after they moved to the Alamodome were the ones on NBC. The team usually sold Hemisfair Arena out so the home games weren't subject to blackout then. But how were they going to sell out the Alamodome? I remember when they'd have promotions where you'd get a ticket for $1.50 or even free by bringing in a Coke can. What a mistake the Alamodome was, and then everyone in San Antonio got pissed when the Spurs were looking for a new arena, like the shitty dome was built for them. Without the 99 title this team would 100% be the New Orleans Spurs.

UZER
10-10-2016, 10:20 AM
I remember being blown away going to Houston in the late 90s and seeing all their home games were on regular tv. :lol

For the Spurs in the 90s it seemed like the only home games not blacked out after they moved to the Alamodome were the ones on NBC. The team usually sold Hemisfair Arena out so the home games weren't subject to blackout then. But how were they going to sell out the Alamodome? I remember when they'd have promotions where you'd get a ticket for $1.50 or even free by bringing in a Coke can. What a mistake the Alamodome was, and then everyone in San Antonio got pissed when the Spurs were looking for a new arena, like the shitty dome was built for them. Without the 99 title this team would 100% be the New Orleans Spurs.

Anything on TNT / TBS was automatic blackout regardless if it was sold out. Only nationally televised NBC games were not blacked out IF it was a sellout. Remeber Mccombs buying out upper deck remaining tickets so the town could watch the games? It was always last minute too :lol.

As much as people complain now, it's 100 times better than it used to be. There were some regular season games that weren't even televised period.

MI21
10-10-2016, 10:25 AM
I used to pay $30 for a tape of 2 games from a VHS reselling site called PONTEL. It was the only way to get games in Australia. I was watching games and was generally 4-6 weeks behind what was actually happening.

Needless to say I don't care that League Pass isn't showing preseason games tbh

baseline bum
10-10-2016, 10:54 AM
As much as people complain now, it's 100 times better than it used to be. There were some regular season games that weren't even televised period.

Including David's 71 point game in LA. :pctoss

Chinook
10-10-2016, 11:00 AM
I think too many folks are using the past as an excuse here. I can't see any reason why they aren't at least doing the jumbotron thing this year. And of course, the league has to be dicks about radio feeds. I'd pay a small fee for them like we used to be able to do for the summer league if they're so damned cheap.

UZER
10-10-2016, 11:28 AM
Including David's 71 point game in LA. :pctoss

I remember that game was supposed to be broadcasted on NBC but some late season changes had them cancel that game. One of the biggest travesties as a Spurs fan was not being to see that game. If the country had been able to see it, I think it would've really helped David's overall legacy, regardless of the '95 Rockets series which is blown way out of proportion anyway.

Hoops Czar
10-10-2016, 02:17 PM
I remember that game was supposed to be broadcasted on NBC but some late season changes had them cancel that game. One of the biggest travesties as a Spurs fan was not being to see that game. If the country had been able to see it, I think it would've really helped David's overall legacy, regardless of the '95 Rockets series which is blown way out of proportion anyway.

That game televised or not, had no impact on Robinson's legacy.

Solid D
10-10-2016, 03:23 PM

Oh yeah, I do remember now that D-Rob's quad double was not on local TV. I remember listening to that game on WOAI. That was when Sean Elliott was playing for Detroit (for 1 year).

SilverSpur
10-10-2016, 09:22 PM
Just makes it sweeter to watch regular season games. I watch the highlights on youtube to see who is doing the scoring and playing defense .

apalisoc_9
10-10-2016, 09:25 PM
So long as its not a spurs home game...There os always going to be a link.