Team Record: 4-1
Passing Yards: 1,383 (8th in NFL)
TDs: 11 (T-3rd in NFL)
Passer Rating: 102.3 (7th in NFL)
Eyeball Test: Most Clutch 4th Quarter Performer So Far This Season

Others under consideration: Antonio Brown, Von Miller

DD
10-10-2016, 12:15 PM
Good list, tbh...although I believe Prescott will poach votes from Elliott and vice versa. Same could happen with Ryan and Julio, but right now I agree...Matty's gotta be the leader through 5 weeks

Avante
10-10-2016, 01:09 PM
Lets try this after week 10.

Make a note that after five weeks it looks like Matt Ryan.

See how he does IN Seattle Sunday, vs Eagles vs Packers.

Chris
10-10-2016, 02:06 PM
Amazing that Zeke is in that list.

DPG21920
10-10-2016, 03:21 PM
1. Matt Ryan
Passing Yards: 1,740 (1st in NFL)
TDs: 12 (2nd in NFL)
Passer Rating: 121.6 (1st in NFL)

2. Ben Roethlisberger
Passing Yards: 1,496 (3rd in NFL)
TDs: 15 (1st in NFL)
Passer Rating: 106.6 (5th in NFL)

3. Julio Jones
Receiving Yards: 517 (3rd in NFL)
20+ Yard Receptions: 10 (1st in NFL)
Yards After Catch: 196 (1st in NFL)
TD's: 3 (T-7th in NFL)

4. Ezekiel Elliott
Rushing Yards: 546 (1st in NFL)
Rushing 1st Downs: 31 (1st in NFL)
20+ Yard Runs: 5 (1st in NFL)
TDs: 5 (T-3rd in NFL)

5. Derek Carr
Passing Yards: 1,383 (8th in NFL)
TDs: 11 (T-3rd in NFL)
Passer Rating: 102.3 (7th in NFL)
Eyeball Test: Most Clutch 4th Quarter Performer So Far This Season

Others under consideration: Antonio Brown, Von Miller

No way Julio should be on that list. That is ridiculous. He had one game that mega inflated his stats for the overall year in the raw rankings. Tevin Coleman/Freeman have been so much more valuable then Julio and it's really not close (and I love Julio).

Antonio Brown has easily been better than Julio, and despite the record Phillip Rivers has been amazing all things considered (with their injuries).

Nothing against Julio but he is not having anywhere close to an MVP season.

Darth_Pelican
10-10-2016, 03:32 PM
No way Julio should be on that list. That is ridiculous. He had one game that mega inflated his stats for the overall year in the raw rankings. Tevin Coleman/Freeman have been so much more valuable then Julio and it's really not close (and I love Julio).

Antonio Brown has easily been better than Julio, and despite the record Phillip Rivers has been amazing all things considered (with their injuries).

Nothing against Julio but he is not having anywhere close to an MVP season.

True... take away the 300 yard game and he's been pretty pedestrian. I s'pose I overvalued him here. Coleman & Freeman have been a great 1-2 punch but neither have the individual numbers to be under consideration.

spurraider21
10-10-2016, 03:37 PM
agree with DPG on julio... and (homer alert) you gotta have carr above elliott. not that zeke hasn't been amazing, but QB's generally get the nod. Carr's numbers are fine, but he's also had 2 game winning drives/TD's already, both on the road. the raiders D is giving up 450 yards per game, most in the league... its Carr keeping them afloat in these games. although he didn't have a technical gw drive this week, he did come up with the money throw on 4th down to finally put us ahead

Darth_Pelican
10-24-2016, 03:07 PM
Well back to back losses by Matty choke and an injury to Big Rape and the MVP race is wide open. Brees is off to the best start of his career, on pace for 5,600 yards (would be an NFL record) and 45 td's but isn't even mentioned because of the shitty team around him.

HarlemHeat37
10-24-2016, 03:10 PM
1. Brady
2. Elliott
3. McCoy
4. David Johnson
5. Rivers

spurraider21
10-24-2016, 03:11 PM
Brady surging towards frontrunner status.

HH beat me to it.

Brady Elliott Ryan are top 3 right now. Can't really write off Ryan until they fall out of division lead/playoff picture

Darth_Pelican
10-24-2016, 03:14 PM
Yeah if Brady goes 12-0 while throwing the ball to 3 white dudes, he's a lock.

Avante
10-24-2016, 03:14 PM
Tom Brady is the best player in the NFL, he is so far superior to all other QB's. And what is the most important position?

Silver&Black
10-24-2016, 05:56 PM
Yeah if Brady goes 12-0 while throwing the ball to 3 white dudes, he's a lock.

That Gronk TD pass was fucking beautiful. It's impossible to throw a better ball than that.

Nothing would piss off Goodell more than Brady winning MVP after being suspended. That's why I'm rooting for him to win it.

Clipper Nation
10-24-2016, 05:59 PM
1. Joey
2. B
3. o
4. s
5. a

Avante
10-24-2016, 06:21 PM
1. Joey
2. B
3. o
4. s
5. a

There ya go AGAIN, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dude, stop acting like a fucking ROOKIE, ok? GIVE THINGS SOME TIME~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clipper Nation
10-24-2016, 06:45 PM

Dude, stop acting like a fucking ROOKIE, ok? GIVE THINGS SOME TIME~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shut up, faggot.

The Gemini Method
10-24-2016, 06:52 PM
Damn. Aint seen that many tildas since I spent a few weeks in Cabo.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-27-2016, 07:51 AM
There's just not a lot of candidates anymore as the Falcons have really dropped off lately and the Steelers QB is injured for another month or so. Brady has to be the guy.

Mal
10-27-2016, 08:53 AM
1. Cam Newton
2. Russel Wilson
3. Odell Beckham Junior
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Jay Cutler

Fabbs
10-27-2016, 09:37 AM
1. Joey
2. B
3. o
4. s
5. a

CN is not exaggerating. Bosa has completely picked up the attitude of a Charger defense laden with many slackers of years past.
Stats back it up too.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-27-2016, 10:30 AM
Bosa should have been a Cowboy. Damn it.

Avante
10-27-2016, 10:44 AM
1. Joey
2. B
3. o
4. s
5. a

CN is not exaggerating. Bosa has completely picked up the attitude of a Charger defense laden with many slackers of years past.
Stats back it up too.

MVP?????????

Fabbs
10-27-2016, 11:24 AM
MVP?????????
As incredible as it sounds, at the rate Bosa is going after only 3 games, yes.
JJ Watt?

Brady is still the front runner and the Media Valuable Player award almost always goes to an offensive player and a QB so....

Clipper Nation
10-27-2016, 11:37 AM
MVP?????????
We haven't seen a pass-rusher look this dominant this early in their career in a long time. And unlike Struggle Wilson at the QB position, Bosa didn't walk into the most stacked team of his generation. He came into a team that went 4-12 last year, got off to a 1-3 start this year, and was already so depleted by injuries on defense that we were starting practice squad players.

Despite being one of the few good players left on our defense, he's made veteran O-linemen look silly every week and turned our season around.

Just hand him the DPOY and MVP now.

Avante
10-27-2016, 11:49 AM
We haven't seen a pass-rusher look this dominant this early in their career in a long time. And unlike Struggle Wilson at the QB position, Bosa didn't walk into the most stacked team of his generation. He came into a team that went 4-12 last year, got off to a 1-3 start this year, and was already so depleted by injuries on defense that we were starting practice squad players.

Despite being one of the few good players left on our defense, he's made veteran O-linemen look silly every week and turned our season around.

Just hand him the DPOY and MVP now.

What is your trip about trying to be so damn judgmental with so little data? You really haven't learned anything? Dude, why the rush? I have seen guys look like a total bust then around year three here they come. We've seen ROOKIE OF THE YEAR....RGIII, what happened?

Why don't you slow down just a little bit guy, stop acting like a teenage girl digging the drummer, ok?

Yes it does appear Bosa has it down, ok...cool. But to be...MY GOD IN HIS...THREE GAMES....

Come on guy.

Clipper Nation
10-27-2016, 11:52 AM
:lol Old Faggot can't even hide his bitterness that the Whiners are stuck with DePoorest Bustner instead of Bosa.

Avante
10-27-2016, 12:09 PM
:lol Old Faggot can't even hide his bitterness that the Whiners are stuck with DePoorest Bustner instead of Bosa.

Do you ever answer a fucking question? Dude, do you know how to carry on a conversation?

ONE MORE TIME

Clipper Nation, why do you CONSTANTLY rush in with ....HE SUCKS..HE'S GREAT....without some time invested so little data, well?

Answer the fucking question ya little shit.

Dude, my Niners are one of the most successful franchises in NFL history, with that comes the hard times ok? That's how the draft is structured, I get it, ok rookie?

Niners 5-1 in Superbowls
Chargers 0-1 losing to my Niners, haha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Avante
10-27-2016, 12:22 PM
As incredible as it sounds, at the rate Bosa is going after only 3 games, yes.
JJ Watt?

Brady is still the front runner and the Media Valuable Player award almost always goes to an offensive player and a QB so....

Why the rush to heap such praise on anyone? I have never figured that out.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-27-2016, 12:25 PM
I definitely think Bosa is the NFL's next Watt... if he stays healthy.

Avante
10-27-2016, 12:29 PM
I definitely think Bosa is the NFL's next Watt... if he stays healthy.

I've just seen way too much football to get tooooooooooooooooooo excited over young players early on. I;ve learned my lesson. RGIII? JJ Stokes? John Jefferson? Sammie White? Heath Schuler? etc etc etc.....

Yes and yes, as of right now Bosa seems to have it, as does Prescott and Elliott, but that really is as far as I need to go this early in their careers. Why get all jacked up with so little input?

Now I might.....keep an eye on Terrance West...but that is just about a little known guy who might surprise.

Clipper Nation
10-27-2016, 01:02 PM
Do you ever answer a fucking question? Dude, do you know how to carry on a conversation?

ONE MORE TIME

Clipper Nation, why do you CONSTANTLY rush in with ....HE SUCKS..HE'S GREAT....without some time invested so little data, well?

Answer the fucking question ya little shit.

Dude, my Niners are one of the most successful franchises in NFL history, with that comes the hard times ok? That's how the draft is structured, I get it, ok rookie?

Niners 5-1 in Superbowls
Chargers 0-1 losing to my Niners, haha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shut up, faggot.

Clipper Nation
10-27-2016, 01:03 PM
I've just seen way too much football to get tooooooooooooooooooo excited over young players early on. I;ve learned my lesson.
:cry "Struggle Wilson, best start to a career ever!!!! Just ignore that he's literally always had one of the NFL's most stacked rosters!" :cry

Avante
10-27-2016, 01:11 PM
Shut up, faggot.

Then ya wonder why I laugh at your dumbass rookie, ha~~~~ I'll take that as ya saw you were stupid as usual so here ya are doing your usual stupid bullshit.

Clipper Nation
10-27-2016, 01:13 PM
During Andrew Luck's first preseason:

The Colts will have a solid QB for the next 10 years or so. They will pay the $$$$$ to surround Luck with talent. So it is just a matter of time, they are a winning franchise and will continue to be that. Two seasons and they will be back in the mix.

:cry "But, but, I always give it some time, rookies~~~~hahahaha!!!" :cry

Clipper Nation
10-27-2016, 01:16 PM
Avante giving up on RG3 and hyping up Cousins before either of them played a down in the NFL:

Cousins will end up....the Redskins QB. Just a gut feeling. Not at the start of the season but by the end.

RGIII doesn't throw darts, he doesn't fit the ball into small windows. That weakness will be exposed at the NFL level. You can get away with that in the NCAA just ask JaMarcus Russell. Cousins throws the NFL pass.
:cry "But, but, give it some time! It's only Week X, rookies!" :cry

Avante
10-27-2016, 01:18 PM
:cry "Struggle Wilson, best start to a career ever!!!! Just ignore that he's literally always had one of the NFL's most stacked rosters!" :cry

Stupid, compare what RW has done in his first five seasons vs.....ANYONE ELSE IN THEIRS...and who had a better start to his pro football career?

Brady sat on a bench as did Rodgers, Favre was dumped by Atlanta, Warner played in the Arena league.

Wanna compare RW to Dan Marino?

Stupid, what about the FACT all these great QB's had far better receivers than RW has had? Didn't McMahan have a GREAT RB/DEFENSE.....why is he not in the HOF? Do I really have to show you all those great players Dan Fouts had to throw to, Johnny Unitas???

My God you're dumb, wow~~~~

UNT Eagles 2016
10-27-2016, 01:19 PM
I've just seen way too much football to get tooooooooooooooooooo excited over young players early on. I;ve learned my lesson. RGIII? JJ Stokes? John Jefferson? Sammie White? Heath Schuler? etc etc etc.....

Yes and yes, as of right now Bosa seems to have it, as does Prescott and Elliott, but that really is as far as I need to go this early in their careers. Why get all jacked up with so little input?

Now I might.....keep an eye on Terrance West...but that is just about a little known guy who might surprise.
Picks #2, 3, and 4 look good. 1, 6, & 7... not soooooo much.

Clipper Nation
10-27-2016, 01:22 PM
Stupid, compare what RW has done in his first five seasons vs.....ANYONE ELSE IN THEIRS...and who had a better start to his pro football career?

Brady sat on a bench as did Rodgers, Favre was dumped by Atlanta, Warner played in the Arena league.

Wanna compare RW to Dan Marino?

Stupid, what about the FACT all these great QB's had far better receivers than RW has had? Didn't McMahan have a GREAT RB/DEFENSE.....why is he not in the HOF? Do I really have to show you all those great players Dan Fouts had to throw to, Johnny Unitas???

My God you're dumb, wow~~~~
Slooowwwww doowwwnnnnn...it's only year...FIVE...hahahahaha! Let's see how he does when he has to carry a weak supporting cast, okay???

Rookies, sheeeesh~~~~~

Avante
10-27-2016, 01:24 PM
During Andrew Luck's first preseason:

:cry "But, but, I always give it some time, rookies~~~~hahahaha!!!" :cry

And do I know my shit or what?

Avante
10-27-2016, 01:24 PM
Avante giving up on RG3 and hyping up Cousins before either of them played a down in the NFL:

:cry "But, but, give it some time! It's only Week X, rookies!" :cry

As we can see....NAILED IT~!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clipper Nation
10-27-2016, 01:26 PM
And do I know my shit or what?
Wait, I thought Luck was an "interception machine." Now you're back up on his dick?

And that's beside the point. You judged what his whole career would be like based on PREseason games. In contrast, you whine about everyone else judging young players on a decent sample size of games that actually count.

Clipper Nation
10-27-2016, 01:28 PM
As we can see....NAILED IT~!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You didn't "nail" shit. That was actually RG3's only good year. He was a Pro Bowler and OROY that season. And you judged both quarterbacks without even seeing them play first, instead of "slowing down" and "giving them time."

Avante
10-27-2016, 01:29 PM
Slooowwwww doowwwnnnnn...it's only year...FIVE...hahahahaha! Let's see how he does when he has to carry a weak supporting cast, okay???

Rookies, sheeeesh~~~~~

Now list his great receivers, ok?

Aikman to Irvin, Novachek, Harper, Great RB.
Kelly had Reed, Thomas
Marino had the Marks bros, Tony Nathan

And on and on and on.........................

Johnny Unitas had....

HOFER Ray Berry
HOFER John Mackey
HOFER Lenny Moore
and a monster tackle who protected him, HOF Jim Parker

Dude, give me the name of a great QB who had to do it all alone, well?

UNT Eagles 2016
10-27-2016, 01:29 PM
enjoy having your teams bow out in the 2nd round and finish last in the AFC West and go 7-9, respectively

Avante
10-27-2016, 01:32 PM
Wait, I thought Luck was an "interception machine." Now you're back up on his dick?

And that's beside the point. You judged what his whole career would be like based on PREseason games. In contrast, you whine about everyone else judging young players on a decent sample size of games that actually count.

It takes a unique talent to get me to brag on them. Being into this stuff as long as I have I can see things a rookie like you can't. I saw what Luck was all about, he was a can't miss.

Avante
10-27-2016, 01:34 PM
You didn't "nail" shit. That was actually RG3's only good year. He was a Pro Bowler and OROY that season. And you judged both quarterbacks without even seeing them play first, instead of "slowing down" and "giving them time."

Dude, I totally nailed it as we saw, I said that Cousins would end up the Skins starting QB, right? So what did we see, and who predicted that, yep....Avante.

Clipper Nation
10-27-2016, 01:52 PM
It takes a unique talent to get me to brag on them. Being into this stuff as long as I have I can see things a rookie like you can't. I saw what Luck was all about, he was a can't miss.
Aaaaand there's the goalpost move. "Unique talent," my ass. You still can't even see that Osweiler is a stiff in his fourth season in the league.

Clipper Nation
10-27-2016, 01:57 PM
Dude, I totally nailed it as we saw, I said that Cousins would end up the Skins starting QB, right? So what did we see, and who predicted that, yep....Avante.
You predicted Cousins would be the full-time starter by the end of the 2012 season.

Not only did that not happen, it actually took two more seasons, a coaching change, and several injuries to RG3 and Colt McCoy before Cousins was finally named the permanent starter last year.

You were wrong, and no amount of spinning it will make you right.

Avante
10-27-2016, 02:01 PM
Aaaaand there's the goalpost move. "Unique talent," my ass. You still can't even see that Osweiler is a stiff in his fourth season in the league.

It's not about how long anyone has been in the league, it's about playing time, you should know this. Why this need to praise Derek Anderson who has inferior numbers to Osweiler while dumping on him, well?

Avante
10-27-2016, 02:02 PM
You predicted Cousins would be the full-time starter by the end of the 2012 season.

Not only did that not happen, it actually took two more seasons, a coaching change, and several injuries to RG3 and Colt McCoy before Cousins was finally named the permanent starter last year.

You were wrong, and no amount of spinning it will make you right.

Not spinning anything and only a fool wouldn't get.....Cousins will end up the Skins starter....before either took a snap, is he the starter like I said....YES HE IS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fabbs
10-27-2016, 03:04 PM
^^ The thread is talking about this year.
Not entire careers.

Clipper Nation
10-27-2016, 03:35 PM
Not spinning anything and only a fool wouldn't get.....Cousins will end up the Skins starter....before either took a snap, is he the starter like I said....YES HE IS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Again, your own words:

....the Redskins QB. Just a gut feeling. Not at the start of the season but by the end.
You clearly predicted that Cousins would be the starter by the end of that upcoming season. You did not predict that it would take several years, injuries and a coaching change for him to finally become the starter.

You were WRONG. End of story. You are not an expert and you don't know shit.

Avante
10-27-2016, 04:22 PM
Again, your own words:

You clearly predicted that Cousins would be the starter by the end of that upcoming season. You did not predict that it would take several years, injuries and a coaching change for him to finally become the starter.

You were WRONG. End of story. You are not an expert and you don't know shit.

Being the expert that I am and knowing far more about this game than anyone here I knew before they ever took a snap that it would be Kirk Cousins as the starter not RGIII. Yep, a little off on my time table but the bottom line was, Kirk Cousins is the starting QB not RGIII just like I said he'd be.

Now think little guy, how did I know RGIII wasn't going to be Da Man, well? Why even mention Cousins as the starter well?

Clipper Nation
10-27-2016, 06:49 PM
Being the expert that I am and knowing far more about this game than anyone here I knew before they ever took a snap that it would be Kirk Cousins as the starter not RGIII. Yep, a little off on my time table but the bottom line was, Kirk Cousins is the starting QB not RGIII just like I said he'd be.

Now think little guy, how did I know RGIII wasn't going to be Da Man, well? Why even mention Cousins as the starter well?
If by "a little off on your time table," you mean three years off, then sure.

But congrats on echoing one of the most common Hot Takes about the 2012 Draft. Tons of people were saying that Cousins would eventually become the starter when the Skins drafted both him and RGKnee. You aren't special or unique for having such a common opinion.

HarlemHeat37
10-30-2016, 11:10 PM
1. Brady
2. Elliott
3. Ryan
4. Carr
5. Brees

Pelicans78
10-30-2016, 11:15 PM
1. Brady
2. Elliott
3. Ryan
4. Carr
5. Brees

Yes!!! Brees makes the list! He has a chance to have a instrumental second half.

Clipper Nation
10-30-2016, 11:28 PM
1. Joey
2. B
3. o
4. s
5. a

Avante
10-31-2016, 02:27 AM
If by "a little off on your time table," you mean three years off, then sure.

But congrats on echoing one of the most common Hot Takes about the 2012 Draft. Tons of people were saying that Cousins would eventually become the starter when the Skins drafted both him and RGKnee. You aren't special or unique for having such a common opinion.

Who said that, show me or STFU.

Holden_Caulfield
10-31-2016, 04:15 AM
1.a Carr
1.b Ryan
2. Brady
3 Dak/Zeke

The Gemini Method
10-31-2016, 11:02 AM
Brady.

HarlemHeat37
11-02-2016, 12:45 AM
Fun fact that went overlooked, this weekend: Brady threw TDs to 4 different white receivers:wow:wow:wow

Is that a record for the modern era, tbh?

:lol Belichick and Brady doing this on purpose out of boredom..

Avante
11-02-2016, 01:50 AM
Fun fact that went overlooked, this weekend: Brady threw TDs to 4 different white receivers:wow:wow:wow

Is that a record for the modern era, tbh?

:lol Belichick and Brady doing this on purpose out of boredom..

Well if we start in 1960.

The Packers had Bart Starr throwing to white RB's, Jim Taylor and Paul Hornung and white receivers Boyd Dowler and Carroll Dale.

The old Houston Oilers had George Blanda, tossing the ball to white players, FB Charley Tolar, RB Billy Cannon. WR's Charley Hennigan****** and Bill Groman (Cannon and Groman both 9.5 sprinters)

The best white receiver combos. (post 1950)

Hall of Fame***

Browns....Mac Speedie, Dante Levelli***
Cards....Sonny Randle, Bobby Joe Conrad
Chargers....Lance Alworth***, Gary Garrison
Colts....Ray Berry***, Jimmy Orr
Rams...Tom Fears, Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch...both ***
Jets...Don Maynard*** George Sauer
Bears...Mike Ditka (TE)*** Johnny Morris
Lions...Terry Barr, Pat Studstill
Boston Patriots...Gino Cappeletti (full time kicker) Art Graham
Eagles...Pete Retzlaff, Tommy McDonald ***

The first black receiver to have a 1000 yard season was NCAA 100yard champ while at Loyola, Bob Boyd, he was a Ram in 1954.

******* this cat was a great great receiver, imagine over 1700 yards in 1961.

spurraider21
11-02-2016, 01:53 AM
Fred Biletnikoff and Dave Casper (TE)

Avante
11-02-2016, 02:05 AM
Fred Biletnikoff and Dave Casper (TE)

Good one, but....

It really was more about Biletnikoff and the speedy Cliff Branch.

Just so ya know, the first great Raider receiver was Art Powell out of San Jose State, yep, black.

spurraider21
11-02-2016, 02:11 AM
no shit but you're talking about white combos, of course i'm not mentioning branch

Avante
11-02-2016, 02:15 AM
no shit but you're talking about white combos, of course i'm not mentioning branch

I was also talking about white combos that were the top two receivers on the team. That wasn't real obvious?

But....being that Casper is in the HOF and Branch isn't...........(just ain't right, his stats far superior to Swanns a HOFer)

jeebus
11-02-2016, 02:28 AM
DePoorest Bustner

:lol I laughed

DD
11-06-2016, 08:18 PM
1. Tom Brady
2. Matt Ryan
3. Ezekiel Elliott
4. Derek Carr
5. Drew Brees

Could enter the race: Philip Rivers, Matthew Stafford, Andrew Luck

leemajors
11-06-2016, 08:35 PM
1. Tom Brady
2. Matt Ryan
3. Ezekiel Elliott
4. Derek Carr
5. Drew Brees

Could enter the race: Philip Rivers, Matthew Stafford, Andrew Luck

DD, has your opinion on Dak changed since early in the year? Just curious you were harsh previously.

DD
11-06-2016, 09:06 PM
DD, has your opinion on Dak changed since early in the year? Just curious you were harsh previously.

Yeah man, I'll take the L on that one...although to be fair I said he would do well this year then game film would expose him in year 2, 3, etc. He's been very impressive, you guys are starting to remind me of the 90's Cowboys. Best O-line, young triplets on offense, aging yet still very effective TE (Novacek, Witten). You are a couple DL away from owning the NFC for years imo.

Raven
11-06-2016, 09:13 PM
Brady
Gronk
Carr
Ryan
Brees

chunticakes
11-06-2016, 09:24 PM
1. Joey
2. B
3. O
4. S
5. A

spurraider21
11-22-2016, 02:33 AM
Carr
Elliott
Ryan

blizz
11-22-2016, 11:14 AM
Prescott
Brady
Elliott
Carr
Ryan

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-22-2016, 11:32 AM
It's Derek Carr

HarlemHeat37
11-28-2016, 11:40 PM
1. Ryan
2. Carr
3. Elliott
4. Brady
5. Brees/Cousins

Looking into the numbers, Matt Ryan should easily be MVP, at the moment..

spurraider21
11-28-2016, 11:43 PM
^agreed. but if the raiders actually finish in a spot with a first round bye with more ridiculous 4th quarter comebacks, they might look past the numbers and go for the hype

HarlemHeat37
11-28-2016, 11:45 PM
Ya, probably, narrative usually plays a significant part..

I haven't heard much Elliott hype, which is sad, and he will lose some votes to Prescott, too..

It's still early, though, a sleeper could emerge..it'll probably come down to Ryan vs. Carr, but Atlanta could always collapse, of course..

DD
11-29-2016, 12:05 AM
After the Bills lose next week they could quite possibly run the table and go 10-6...if it gets them in the playoffs I'd add Shady back to the list

DPG21920
11-29-2016, 01:03 AM
This will be a legit tough year for MVP. Lot's of worthy people.

I'd probably say:

Ryan
Carr
Brady
Zeke
Shady

Raven
11-29-2016, 04:47 AM
It's Brady and it's not close tbh... With the D going down the drain, he will probably decrease the # of possessions which should lead to a decrease in the numbers, but that td/int ratio is just illegal...

spurraider21
11-29-2016, 05:05 AM
It's Brady and it's not close tbh...well you're half right. it's not close

Brazil
11-29-2016, 08:34 AM
IMO MVP is Brady even if it is quite close indeed

manufan10
11-29-2016, 08:36 AM
Ya, probably, narrative usually plays a significant part..

I haven't heard much Elliott hype, which is sad, and he will lose some votes to Prescott, too..

It's still early, though, a sleeper could emerge..it'll probably come down to Ryan vs. Carr, but Atlanta could always collapse, of course..

It's a replay of the 2014 season where Romo and Murray took MVP votes from each other.

Pelicans78
11-29-2016, 12:09 PM
Honestly, Brady has played shitty teams. Can't find a real quality win outside of maybe at Buffalo. Big Ben was hurt when the Pats played the Steelers. Rest of the schedule has been awful otherwise. Brady has better numbers than Carr, but Carr has played a tougher schedule and actual more games.

HarlemHeat37
11-29-2016, 01:22 PM
Brady would have to be levels ahead of the field to negate his missed games, tbh..I don't see it..

http://oi63.tinypic.com/zwny92.jpg

The SOS won't matter for voters, but it should..the Falcons have had the toughest schedule in the NFL..Oakland's has been relatively tough, as well(and will get even more difficult, as they still play Buffalo, Denver and KC IIRC)..

Silver&Black
11-29-2016, 03:08 PM
Mike Evans

/thread

Avante
11-29-2016, 03:19 PM
I don't talk MVP early on, it's silly.

We do have a good sample size now however, so with that said....

Derek Carr

manufan10
11-29-2016, 04:09 PM
Prescott and Elliott are both listed at 4/1 in fresh odds posted by Sportsbook.ag, right behind Tom Brady at 3/1. Matt Ryan also is at 4/1, with Derek Carr next at 8/1.

http://www.sportsline.com/insiders/25726261/mvp-dak-prescott-zeke-elliott-breathing-down-tom-bradys-neck/

spurraider21
12-05-2016, 01:24 AM
- bad week for ryan... cost his team the game by throwing a pick-6 and also the game deciding pick-2. falcons are now down to 7-5, tied with the Bucs
- dont think elliott really moved the needle on thursday
- carr didnt have his best game, but still led another big late game comeback win
- brady didn't move the needle in a win against the rams
- stafford played a really strong game and won on the road to push the lions to 8-4

as of now i'd say

Carr, Ryan, Stafford, Elliott, Brady.

that said, if the raiders lose at KC on thursday, the raiders probably dont win the division and carr probably doesnt win mvp in that scenario

Robz4000
12-05-2016, 02:06 AM
Elliott
Carr
Brady
Ryan
Brees

spurraider21
12-05-2016, 02:15 AM
as well as brees is playing... they're 5-7, and you dont win mvp if your team isn't doing well. stafford is definitely ahead of him imo

Avante
12-05-2016, 02:21 AM
Season
Player
Team
Position
Ref

1957 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1957_NFL_season)
Brown, JimJim Brown (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Jim_Brown)
Cleveland Browns (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Cleveland_Browns)
Running back (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Running_back)

1958 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1958_NFL_season)
Brown, JimJim Brown (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Jim_Brown) (2)
Cleveland Browns (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Cleveland_Browns)
Running back
[11] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-11)

1959 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1959_NFL_season)
Unitas, JohnnyJohnny Unitas (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Johnny_Unitas)
Baltimore Colts (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Baltimore_Colts)
Quarterback (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Quarterback)

1960 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1960_NFL_season)
Van Brocklin, NormNorm Van Brocklin (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Norm_Van_Brocklin)
Philadelphia Eagles (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1960_Philadelphia_Eagles_season)
Quarterback

1961 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1961_NFL_season)
Hornung, PaulPaul Hornung (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Paul_Hornung)
Green Bay Packers (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1961_Green_Bay_Packers_season)
Running back
[12] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-12)

1962 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1962_NFL_season)
Taylor, JimJim Taylor (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Jim_Taylor_(American_football))
Green Bay Packers (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1962_Green_Bay_Packers_season)
Running back

1963 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1963_NFL_season)
Tittle, Y. A.Y. A. Tittle (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Y._A._Tittle)
New York Giants (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1963_New_York_Giants_season)
Quarterback
[13] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-13)

1964 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1964_NFL_season)
Unitas, JohnnyJohnny Unitas (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Johnny_Unitas) (2)
Baltimore Colts (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1964_Baltimore_Colts_season)
Quarterback
[14] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-14)

1965 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1965_NFL_season)
Brown, JimJim Brown (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Jim_Brown) (3)
Cleveland Browns (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1965_Cleveland_Browns_season)
Running back

1966 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1966_NFL_season)
Starr, BartBart Starr (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Bart_Starr)
Green Bay Packers (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1966_Green_Bay_Packers_season)
Quarterback

1967 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1967_NFL_season)
Unitas, JohnnyJohnny Unitas (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Johnny_Unitas) (3)
Baltimore Colts (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1967_Baltimore_Colts_season)
Quarterback
[15] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-15)

1968 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1968_NFL_season)
Morrall, EarlEarl Morrall (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Earl_Morrall)
Baltimore Colts (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1968_Baltimore_Colts_season)
Quarterback
[16] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-16)

1969 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1969_NFL_season)
Gabriel, RomanRoman Gabriel (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Roman_Gabriel)
Los Angeles Rams (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1969_Los_Angeles_Rams_season)
Quarterback

1970 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1970_NFL_season)
Brodie, JohnJohn Brodie (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/John_Brodie)
San Francisco 49ers (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1970_San_Francisco_49ers_season)
Quarterback

1971 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1971_NFL_season)
Page, AlanAlan Page (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Alan_Page)
Minnesota Vikings (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1971_Minnesota_Vikings_season)
Defensive tackle (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Defensive_tackle)

1972 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1972_NFL_season)
Brown, LarryLarry Brown (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Larry_Brown_(running_back))
Washington Redskins (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1972_Washington_Redskins_season)
Running back

1973 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1973_NFL_season)
Simpson, O.J.O.J. Simpson (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/O.J._Simpson)
Buffalo Bills (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1973_Buffalo_Bills_season)
Running back

1974 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1974_NFL_season)
Stabler, KenKen Stabler (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Ken_Stabler)
Oakland Raiders (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1974_Oakland_Raiders_season)
Quarterback

1975 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1975_NFL_season)
Tarkenton, FranFran Tarkenton (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Fran_Tarkenton)
Minnesota Vikings (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1975_Minnesota_Vikings_season)
Quarterback

1976 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1976_NFL_season)
Jones, BertBert Jones (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Bert_Jones)
Baltimore Colts (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1976_Baltimore_Colts_season)
Quarterback

1977 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1977_NFL_season)
Payton, WalterWalter Payton (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Walter_Payton)
Chicago Bears (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1977_Chicago_Bears_season)
Running back

1978 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1978_NFL_season)
Bradshaw, TerryTerry Bradshaw (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Terry_Bradshaw)
Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1978_Pittsburgh_Steelers_season)
Quarterback

1979 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1979_NFL_season)
Campbell, EarlEarl Campbell (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Earl_Campbell)
Houston Oilers (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1979_Houston_Oilers_season)
Running back

1980 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1980_NFL_season)
Sipe, BrianBrian Sipe (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Brian_Sipe)
Cleveland Browns (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1980_Cleveland_Browns_season)
Quarterback

1981 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1981_NFL_season)
Anderson, KenKen Anderson (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Ken_Anderson_(quarterback))
Cincinnati Bengals (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1981_Cincinnati_Bengals_season)
Quarterback

1982 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1982_NFL_season)
Moseley, MarkMark Moseley (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Mark_Moseley)
Washington Redskins (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1982_Washington_Redskins_season)
Placekicker (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Placekicker)

1983 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1983_NFL_season)
Theismann, JoeJoe Theismann (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Joe_Theismann)
Washington Redskins (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1983_Washington_Redskins_season)
Quarterback

1984 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1984_NFL_season)
Marino, DanDan Marino (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Dan_Marino)
Miami Dolphins (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1984_Miami_Dolphins_season)
Quarterback

1985 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1985_NFL_season)
Allen, MarcusMarcus Allen (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Marcus_Allen)
Los Angeles Raiders (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1985_Los_Angeles_Raiders_season)
Running back

1986 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1986_NFL_season)
Taylor, LawrenceLawrence Taylor (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Lawrence_Taylor)
New York Giants (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1986_New_York_Giants_season)
Linebacker (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Linebacker)

1987 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1987_NFL_season)
Elway, JohnJohn Elway (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/John_Elway)
Denver Broncos (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1987_Denver_Broncos_season)
Quarterback (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Quarterback)

1988 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1988_NFL_season)
Esiason, BoomerBoomer Esiason (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Boomer_Esiason)
Cincinnati Bengals (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1988_Cincinnati_Bengals_season)
Quarterback

1989 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1989_NFL_season)
Montana, JoeJoe Montana (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Joe_Montana)
San Francisco 49ers (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1989_San_Francisco_49ers_season)
Quarterback

1990 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1990_NFL_season)
Montana, JoeJoe Montana (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Joe_Montana) (2)
San Francisco 49ers (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1990_San_Francisco_49ers_season)
Quarterback

1991 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1991_NFL_season)
Thomas, ThurmanThurman Thomas (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Thurman_Thomas)
Buffalo Bills (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1991_Buffalo_Bills_season)
Running back

1992 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1992_NFL_season)
Young, SteveSteve Young (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Steve_Young_(American_football))
San Francisco 49ers (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1992_San_Francisco_49ers_season)
Quarterback

1993 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1993_NFL_season)
Smith, EmmittEmmitt Smith (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Emmitt_Smith)
Dallas Cowboys (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1993_Dallas_Cowboys_season)
Running back

1994 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1994_NFL_season)
Young, SteveSteve Young (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Steve_Young_(American_football)) (2)
San Francisco 49ers (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1994_San_Francisco_49ers_season)
Quarterback

1995 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1995_NFL_season)
Favre, BrettBrett Favre (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Brett_Favre)
Green Bay Packers (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1995_Green_Bay_Packers_season)
Quarterback

1996 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1996_NFL_season)
Favre, BrettBrett Favre (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Brett_Favre) (2)
Green Bay Packers (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1996_Green_Bay_Packers_season)
Quarterback

1997 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1997_NFL_season)
Favre, BrettBrett Favre (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Brett_Favre) (3)
Sanders, BarryBarry Sanders (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Barry_Sanders)
Green Bay Packers (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1997_Green_Bay_Packers_season)
Detroit Lions (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1997_Detroit_Lions_season)
Quarterback
Running back

1998 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1998_NFL_season)
Davis, TerrellTerrell Davis (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Terrell_Davis)
Denver Broncos (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1998_Denver_Broncos_season)
Running back

1999 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1999_NFL_season)
Warner, KurtKurt Warner (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Kurt_Warner)
St. Louis Rams (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1999_St._Louis_Rams_season)
Quarterback

2000 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2000_NFL_season)
Faulk, MarshallMarshall Faulk (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Marshall_Faulk)
St. Louis Rams (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2000_St._Louis_Rams_season)
Running back

2001 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2001_NFL_season)
Warner, KurtKurt Warner (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Kurt_Warner) (2)
St. Louis Rams (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2001_St._Louis_Rams_season)
Quarterback

2002 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2002_NFL_season)
Gannon, RichRich Gannon (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Rich_Gannon)
Oakland Raiders (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2002_Oakland_Raiders_season)
Quarterback

2003 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2003_NFL_season)
Manning, PeytonPeyton Manning (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Peyton_Manning)
McNair, SteveSteve McNair (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Steve_McNair)
Indianapolis Colts (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2003_Indianapolis_Colts_season)
Tennessee Titans (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2003_Tennessee_Titans_season)
Quarterback
Quarterback

2004 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2004_NFL_season)
Manning, PeytonPeyton Manning (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Peyton_Manning) (2)
Indianapolis Colts (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2004_Indianapolis_Colts_season)
Quarterback

2005 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2005_NFL_season)
Alexander, ShaunShaun Alexander (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Shaun_Alexander)
Seattle Seahawks (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2005_Seattle_Seahawks_season)
Running back

2006 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2006_NFL_season)
Tomlinson, LaDainianLaDainian Tomlinson (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/LaDainian_Tomlinson)
San Diego Chargers (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2006_San_Diego_Chargers_season)
Running back

2007 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2007_NFL_season)
Brady, TomTom Brady (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Tom_Brady)
New England Patriots (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2007_New_England_Patriots_season)
Quarterback

2008 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2008_NFL_season)
Manning, PeytonPeyton Manning (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Peyton_Manning) (3)
Indianapolis Colts (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2008_Indianapolis_Colts_season)
Quarterback

2009 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2009_NFL_season)
Manning, PeytonPeyton Manning (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Peyton_Manning) (4)
Indianapolis Colts (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2009_Indianapolis_Colts_season)
Quarterback

2010 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2010_NFL_season)
Brady, TomTom Brady (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Tom_Brady) (2)
New England Patriots (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2010_New_England_Patriots_season)
Quarterback

2011 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2011_NFL_season)
Rodgers, AaronAaron Rodgers (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Aaron_Rodgers)
Green Bay Packers (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2011_Green_Bay_Packers_season)
Quarterback
[17] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-17)

2012 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2012_NFL_season)
Peterson, AdrianAdrian Peterson (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Adrian_Peterson)
Minnesota Vikings (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2012_Minnesota_Vikings_season)
Running back
[18] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-18)

2013 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2013_NFL_season)
Manning, PeytonPeyton Manning (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Peyton_Manning) (5)
Denver Broncos (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2013_Denver_Broncos_season)
Quarterback
[2] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-ManningAP2013-2)

2014 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2014_NFL_season)
Rodgers, AaronAaron Rodgers (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Aaron_Rodgers) (2)
Green Bay Packers (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2014_Green_Bay_Packers_season)
Quarterback
[19] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-19)

2015 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2015_NFL_season)
Newton, CamCam Newton (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Cam_Newton)
Carolina Panthers (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/2015_Carolina_Panthers_season)
Quarterback
[1] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-NewtonAP-1)

Robz4000
12-05-2016, 04:15 AM
as well as brees is playing... they're 5-7, and you dont win mvp if your team isn't doing well. stafford is definitely ahead of him imo

If the Saints find a way to make the playoffs he deserves it imo, but it's most likely going to go to Carr due to hype (and the fact Goodell won't stand for Brady getting MVP).

Mal
12-05-2016, 04:25 AM
If the Saints find a way to make the playoffs he deserves it imo, but it's most likely going to go to Carr due to hype (and the fact Goodell won't stand for Brady getting MVP).

You can easily make case for Brady, NOT to get MVP. He missed 4 games, and his backups went 3-1. Oakland is for real, and Carr could be MVP, if Ryan keeps choking.

spurraider21
12-05-2016, 04:39 AM
You can easily make case for Brady, NOT to get MVP. He missed 4 games, and his backups went 3-1. Oakland is for real, and Carr could be MVP, if Ryan keeps choking.yeah, brady's caliber of play is up there with any of them, but the suspension sorta gives an easy excuse to knock him down a peg

johnsmith
12-05-2016, 08:33 AM
Mack or Miller for DPOY? Or am I forgetting someone more deserving?

spurraider21
12-05-2016, 09:13 AM
its probably miller right now. the raiders defense being bad overall will be mack's main hindrance, sorta like the saints sucking being the reason brees wont get MVP.

eric berry for KC has been great, but i think he probably splits votes with Peters or somethin. vic beasley is also having a great year but part of a mediocre defense, same issue as mack. landon collins is another darkhorse candidate

Clipper Nation
12-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Mack or Miller for DPOY? Or am I forgetting someone more deserving?
http://i.imgur.com/A5X9ym9.jpg

DPOY, DROY, and MVP, imho.

HarlemHeat37
12-05-2016, 12:41 PM
How the fuck is Khalid Mack(sp?) getting DPOY hype?:lol Raiders have consistently been in the bottom 5 defensively, this season..

Pelicans78
12-05-2016, 12:45 PM
Stafford should be in the running. He's pretty impressive.

HarlemHeat37
12-18-2016, 09:41 PM
1. Ryan
2. Elliott
3. Brady
4. Carr
5. Rodgers

DPG21920
12-19-2016, 12:26 AM
You can easily make case for Brady, NOT to get MVP. He missed 4 games, and his backups went 3-1. Oakland is for real, and Carr could be MVP, if Ryan keeps choking.

Tom Brady is massively overrated this year. Anytime he faces a legit pass defense he crumbles. His arm strength is diminished and without Gronk he looks really mediocre as a basically a very smart dink and dump QB

DPG21920
12-19-2016, 12:27 AM
1. Ryan
2. Elliott
3. Brady
4. Carr
5. Rodgers

After what DEN DEF did to Brady tonight (and what SEA DEF did to him) he is not in the MVP running. He feasted on weaker pass defenses and anytime he had to look impressive he failed. Age has caught up to Brady big time IMO if you have been watching him.

spurraider21
12-19-2016, 01:44 AM
How the fuck is Khalid Mack(sp?) getting DPOY hype?:lol Raiders have consistently been in the bottom 5 defensively, this season..its a weird look to be copying shticks from narutofaggot

Avante
12-19-2016, 02:24 AM
After what DEN DEF did to Brady tonight (and what SEA DEF did to him) he is not in the MVP running. He feasted on weaker pass defenses and anytime he had to look impressive he failed. Age has caught up to Brady big time IMO if you have been watching him.

Ya might wanna compare....

68.5 comp &
22-2 TD/INT
and his amazing......113.6 passer rating vs the rest of the NFL, tell me what ya see.

I have no idea what you are looking at, I'm looking at this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS64sz4Q3mE

Kawhitstorm
12-20-2016, 02:39 AM
Ya might wanna compare....

68.5 comp &
22-2 TD/INT
and his amazing......113.6 passer rating vs the rest of the NFL, tell me what ya see.

Matt Ryan threw 4 TDs against the Seattle/Denver, Grady meanwhile had ZERO TDs/1 INT & a passer rating of 80.:lmao

HarlemHeat37
12-25-2016, 12:54 AM
Should be between Ryan, Rodgers and Elliott..however, I can't see them giving it to Zeke, and I haven't been hearing any Matt Ryan hype in the media..

It'll probably go to Brady or Rodgers if GB beats the Lions next week IMO..

chunticakes
12-25-2016, 07:12 AM
It should be the guy from the Cardinals. Too bad they suck.

Raven
12-25-2016, 08:10 AM
it's going to be brady, easily

Pelicans78
12-25-2016, 08:38 AM
Matt Ryan should get it. He's been the best QB in the league.

resistanze
12-29-2016, 11:46 AM
It should go to Ryan quite easily. But he's goofy looking and is seen as playoffs choker so that for some weird reason will work against him.

Ezekiel and Rodgers are next in line.

Don't see the argument for Brady. Pats have the second easiest SOS in the NFL and one of the best defenses, while Brady missed 4 games.

spurraider21
12-29-2016, 01:14 PM
N0 LyF3 ScRuB (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43681)

wingster
12-30-2016, 09:15 PM
Well yea..he won't say his division rival Matt Ryan. Who should be the MVP in my mind as well

UNT Eagles 2016
12-30-2016, 10:52 PM
Carr and Brady are disqualified for me because of largely incomplete seasons (each will miss more than 2 games combined regular season/playoffs)

UNT Eagles 2016
12-30-2016, 10:55 PM
It's:

Ryan

Elliott
Rodgers IF Packers make the playoffs/Stafford IF Lions make the playoffs
Prescott
Antonio Brown
Wilson

it HAS to be Matt Ryan.

spurraider21
12-31-2016, 02:35 AM
Carr and Brady are disqualified for me because of largely incomplete seasons (each will miss more than 2 games combined regular season/playoffs)
It's a regular season award and Carr got his team to 12-3 :lol

HarlemHeat37
12-31-2016, 03:31 AM
Ryan
Rodgers if GB wins Sunday
Carr
Elliott

UNT Eagles 2016
12-31-2016, 04:10 AM
It's a regular season award and Carr got his team to 12-3 :lol

Yes, but that's not the point. It'd be too awkward to give it to Carr now. Unfortunate reality. Even though I like the kid (n/h) and was rooting for the Raiders to win the AFC because I hate the Cheats.

Darth_Pelican
01-27-2017, 10:53 AM
Final prediction:

Ryan wins, Brady runner up, Rodgers 3rd

UNT Eagles 2016
01-28-2017, 06:33 AM
Final prediction:

Ryan wins, Brady runner up, Rodgers 3rd

yeah... but Ryan wins by a large distance. Can't give MVP to someone who only played 12 games

Raven
01-28-2017, 09:18 AM
brady should win it, they basically dismantled the whole league with barely any effort.. with that said, i'm happy for matty, always believed in the guy, he finally showed up in the only year that his offensive line has been healthy. go figure...

spurraider21
02-04-2017, 07:40 PM
Many people in the media were even picking that Khalid Mack nigga on the Raiders as DPOY during the off-season:lol

:lmao if anybody ever calls Mack a great defender again, tbh..

Bosa's legit, already looks much better than Watt and the 2nd most overrated defender, Khalil Mack..

How the fuck is Khalid Mack(sp?) getting DPOY hype?:lol Raiders have consistently been in the bottom 5 defensively, this season..

:lmao let me personally hand you this L, bro

oh, and of course, slurp slurp

Khaleel Macque (sp?) is even more overrated than JJ Watt, tbh.

http://i.imgur.com/vDxJOf6.gif

Raven
02-04-2017, 07:51 PM
:lmao ... what a terrible pick

spurraider21
02-04-2017, 08:43 PM

DD
02-04-2017, 08:56 PM
Along the lines of winning a Madden turducken leg on Thanksgiving:lmao

As far as DPOY I feel like Mack got the award because they needed some way to recognize the Raiders for their year...Miller was robbed, tbh. Sustained greatness bores people I guess. It's a shame Carr got injured, he would've been a legit winner had they voted for him.

spurraider21
02-04-2017, 09:03 PM
Along the lines of winning a Madden turducken leg on Thanksgiving:lmao
:lol true... never even heard of this award tbh

As far as DPOY I feel like Mack got the award because they needed some way to recognize the Raiders for their year...Miller was robbed, tbh. Sustained greatness bores people I guess. It's a shame Carr got injured, he would've been a legit winner had they voted for him.yeah, mack had a relatively slow start to the year and didn't finish strong (showed up against houston, but not the last 2-3 games of the reg season), and he won it because of his monstrous streak in the middle of the year... 8 game stretch with 10 sacks (4 of them strip-sacks) and a pick-6

if they really wanted to give the raiders a token award it woulda made more sense to give del rio coach of the year instead of garrett

spurraider21
02-04-2017, 09:06 PM
Ryan got MVP, as expected

DD
02-04-2017, 09:10 PM
tbh I'm a Derek Carr fanboi, so I hope he stays healthy from here on out

HarlemHeat37
02-06-2017, 01:58 AM
Did Khalil Mack actually win DPOY? :lmao

How can you give DPOY to the anchor of a bottom-tier defense?:lol Wow, he really is the new JJ Watt..

If you get torched by Assweiler in a playoff game, then there's no way you can be considered an elite defensive player..

spurraider21
02-06-2017, 02:23 AM
it's not a team award, scrah :lol... and Oss threw for 168 yards (and the texans were held to less than 3 ypc on over 40 attempts) in that game. so you're just:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/2957518/you-salty-o.gif

Will Hunting
02-06-2017, 03:35 AM
Tom Brady is massively overrated this year. Anytime he faces a legit pass defense he crumbles. His arm strength is diminished and without Gronk he looks really mediocre as a basically a very smart dink and dump QB

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DPG21920
02-06-2017, 09:35 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Did he face a legit pass defense? He does dink and dump a ton. One great game where they basically got skunked in the first half doesn't change that no matter how drunk you are..