PDA

View Full Version : Astroturf ‘Outrage Machine’ of Paid Trolls Floods Social Media to Counteract Negative

ducks
10-11-2016, 09:42 AM
https://stream.org/astroturf-outrage-machine-of-paid-trolls-floods-social-media-to-counteract-negative-news-about-hillary-clinton/

101A
10-11-2016, 09:58 AM
RandomGuy had admitted to being one of these people. I have a buddy, always active on social media, always a conservative Republican shill, who recently became both out of work AND a die hard Hillary supporter. Constantly posting anti-Trump stuff. Sent him a message yesterday, and, sure enough, on the DNC payroll.

Spurminator
10-11-2016, 11:46 AM
I'm convinced that the combined "partisan troll" market represents about 70% of Twitter accounts.

Warlord23
10-11-2016, 11:53 AM
Welcome to the internet. Trump won 40% or so of the Republican primary vote, but on the Drudge / Breitbart / Fox online polls he would score as high as 70%. His 4chan and reddit army were doing it for free though.

RandomGuy
10-11-2016, 12:29 PM
RandomGuy had admitted to being one of these people. I have a buddy, always active on social media, always a conservative Republican shill, who recently became both out of work AND a die hard Hillary supporter. Constantly posting anti-Trump stuff. Sent him a message yesterday, and, sure enough, on the DNC payroll.

What did I admit to?

(confused)

FuzzyLumpkins
10-11-2016, 01:56 PM
If these are trolls then they are really shitty trolls who don't actually troll people, announce their presence openly, and give away methods to track them easily. Compare and contrast with the Russians and 4chan types or even our local dimwits.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-11-2016, 01:56 PM
What did I admit to?

(confused)

He is trying to discredit you with bullshit.

RandomGuy
10-12-2016, 12:22 PM

Still no answer?

Guessing this was messing with the d-meister. :toast