PDA

View Full Version : Greg Olsen is the best TE in the league

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-11-2016, 12:33 PM
Not many people know that Olsen is within the top ten all time with TD's, receptions, and yards. Most people also don't know that he's in a race with Gronk to be the first Tight End ever with three straight years of 1000 yards receiving.

Gronk obviously is a freak, and one of the more surreal athletes ever. His ability to literally truck stick half a defense is unprecedented.... but he's injury prone... he's not as big to their offense as Carolina.

Obviously this is a bold statement that's going to get flack... but he deserves his props.

5 games in for Olsen this year... 33 receptions... 520 yards.. 103 YPG

Avante
10-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Is this...since I can no longer brag on Newton or the team how about....hmmmm?

Obviously you are talking vs other TE's.

As of right now I rank the TE'S

1.Tony Gonzalez
2.Jason Witten
3.Antonio Gates
4.Shannon Sharpe
5.Kellon Winslow
6.Ozzie Newsome
7.John Mackey
8.Gronk
9.Mike Ditka
10.Greg Olsen

Obviously the only ones who can move up on that list would be Gronk, who is the best TE in the NFL and Olsen. Witten won't be nudging out Gonzalez and neither will anyone else.

Kellon Winslow was the first "great" receiving TE and if the Chargers hadn't of had Charlie Joiner (HOFer) John Jefferson/Wes Chandler his numbers would have been way up there.

What you do have with Greg Olsen is the only Panthers who would be in the top 10 at his position all time.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-11-2016, 12:51 PM
Is this...since I can no longer brag on Newton or the team how about....hmmmm?

Slow down rook... it's been 5 games... Newton has the best record in December in NFL history....

In the Panthers last three years making the playoffs they started....

1-3... finished 12-4
3-8... finished 7-8; made playoffs, won a game

Newton will come back and solidify his back to back MVP with a crazy second half season... but lets talk Olsen

Avante
10-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Slow down rook... it's been 5 games... Newton has the best record in December in NFL history....

In the Panthers last three years making the playoffs they started....

1-3... finished 12-4
3-8... finished 7-8; made playoffs, won a game

Newton will come back and solidify his back to back MVP with a crazy second half season... but lets talk Olsen

I did talk Olsen. By the time he retires he will be in the top five all time for TE's.

In the Ron Rivera era the Panthers when starting out 1-4

2011...6-10
2012...7-9

When ya lose to a team you have totally owned for five seasons (8-2) something is broke and needs fixing. And, heading into week six is a lot different than freaking out after two/three weeks like the rookies do.

DD
10-11-2016, 01:00 PM
Mah nigga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ujKxpAvLKg

Trainwreck2100
10-11-2016, 01:09 PM
:cry dat's my tight end :cry

Silver&Black
10-11-2016, 01:17 PM
The answer is still Gronk, but Olsen is a beast no doubt.

spurraider21
10-11-2016, 01:23 PM
It's still gronk. Olsen won't be a hall of famer. Gronk will.

Avante
10-11-2016, 01:31 PM
It's still gronk. Olsen won't be a hall of famer. Gronk will.

There is no reason to think Olsen won't be a HOF TE if he stays healthy and keeps putting up the numbers he's been putting up.

spurraider21
10-11-2016, 01:43 PM
no. he's never been the class of his position. for the first half of his career he was just a decent player. he's become pro bowl caliber in carolina, but never was the best of the best. never been first team all pro, has been 2nd team all pro twice. very good player, not HOF material

Avante
10-11-2016, 01:58 PM
no. he's never been the class of his position. for the first half of his career he was just a decent player. he's become pro bowl caliber in carolina, but never was the best of the best. never been first team all pro, has been 2nd team all pro twice. very good player, not HOF material

I started to say.."if he has 4 more seasons like his last 4, he's in".....then I saw he's 31 years old, I was thinking he was 28ish. So you're right.

Not that his numbers still won't be superior to Mike Ditka, Dave Casper, Ozzie Newsome, Jackie Smith, John Mackey, who are in the HOF.

Spur-Addict
10-11-2016, 02:03 PM
Gronkosaurus, not even close.

Chris
10-11-2016, 02:11 PM
Gronk is great, but Witten is ballin this year imo tbh fwiw

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-11-2016, 02:20 PM

Lol he's he class of hIs position now and has been the past three years.. just been overshadowed..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-11-2016, 02:21 PM
I started to say.."if he has 4 more seasons like his last 4, he's in".....then I saw he's 31 years old, I was thinking he was 28ish. So you're right.

Not that his numbers still won't be superior to Mike Ditka, Dave Casper, Ozzie Newsome, Jackie Smith, John Mackey, who are in the HOF.
Easy hall of famer just off stats. Hell play another 5 years

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-11-2016, 02:22 PM
Gronkosaurus, not even close.
Take him ten games a year. I'll take Olsen

Avante
10-11-2016, 02:25 PM

Not sure how age will effect him, it's always different, a very individualistic situation.

IF....he does play another 5 seasons like he's been playing, yep...HOFer. But, at 35/36 things should be different.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-11-2016, 02:25 PM
I think the Panthers can get to 9-7 realistically based on their schedule... no playoffs. For instance, they have to play in Seattle.

Spur-Addict
10-11-2016, 02:26 PM
Take him ten games a year. I'll take Olsen

He produces more with less time on the field :lol Sounds like an effective worker to me.

spurraider21
10-11-2016, 02:27 PM
Lol he's he class of hIs position now and has been the past three years.. just been overshadowed..
you aren't "the class" of the position if you're overshadowed by a guy who actually IS the class of the position.

spurraider21
10-11-2016, 02:29 PM

yes his raw stats are there, and they'll end up better than guys like ditka. but ditka was the class of the position when he was playing, its just that the era has changed.

i mean, do you think mike wallace is a greater player than don hutson because his stats are better? you need way more perspective than that. olsen isn't better than gronk. he isn't better than witten. and he certainly isn't better than gates. i dont think they're going to pump in 4-5 TE's from the same era... there simply wont be room to get him in

Avante
10-11-2016, 02:29 PM
I think the Panthers can get to 9-7 realistically based on their schedule... no playoffs. For instance, they have to play in Seattle.

1-4

beat NO
lose to one of these..Arizona, LA, KC.
beat NO
could lose both...at Raiders/Seahawks
beat Chargers
win two of last three

8-8 maybe 9-7

UNT Eagles 2016
10-11-2016, 02:32 PM
beat NO, beat Cards, Rams and Chiefs, NO again, beat OAK away, lose in Seattle, beat Chargers, lose at Redskins, lose to Falcons, beat Bucs

9-7

But they're cooked for good if they don't win in the Katrinadome this week.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-11-2016, 02:35 PM
basically need to win the next 6 games to save their season, assuming @ Seattle is a loss. Doable, but only if they get their act together.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-11-2016, 06:07 PM
you aren't "the class" of the position if you're overshadowed by a guy who actually IS the class of the position.

It's different when the best TE ever is playing - you are going to get overshadowed. But, as of today, and really I could argue the past two years - he was a victim to the hype machine of Gronk (which I admit is deserved but not to the point where the discussion is closed)

Also, I could argue Olsen helping Newton get to a 15-1 season with Ted Ginn Jr as the #1 is better than anything Gronk has done short the SB... but he didn't even play in all the games that year either

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-11-2016, 06:07 PM
He produces more with less time on the field :lol

.... but he doesn't... and even if he did... to the point where we just dismiss the first TE ever to reach 1000 yards in 3 straight years?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-11-2016, 06:09 PM

I'm feeling a big winning streak.... just a matter if it's gonna be enough... I think we'll make the playoffs at 10-6.... Bitchass Vikings fans better be ready for that rematch because they played like shit against us and want to run their mouth

Avante
10-11-2016, 06:25 PM
It must be weird being a fan of these teams like Carolina who have never won anything and only had a few stud players. Us Niners, Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders fans, really can't relate.

So to try and.."seE see we have Greg Olsen"....I get it. The Niners with no less than 20 players who are in the HOF.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-11-2016, 07:06 PM
It must be weird being a fan of these teams like Carolina who have never won anything and only had a few stud players. Us Niners, Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders fans, really can't relate.

So to try and.."seE see we have Greg Olsen"....I get it. The Niners with no less than 20 players who are in the HOF.

:lol the Panthers have existed for 20 years bro...

Avante
10-11-2016, 07:15 PM
:lol the Panthers have existed for 20 years bro...

The Niners from their first season in 1946 to 1966, had HOFers...

Leo Nomellini
Joe Perry
Hugh McElhenny
John Henry Johnson
Jim Johnson
Bob St. Clair
Y.A.Tittle

Raven
10-12-2016, 06:54 AM
Gronk played 15 games the last two seasons, not counting the play offs.. Olsen is about as good as a normal TE can get.

Spur-Addict
10-12-2016, 10:27 AM
.... but he doesn't... and even if he did... to the point where we just dismiss the first TE ever to reach 1000 yards in 3 straight years?

:lol You inserting that as a means of protecting yourself, does not protect you. The numbers speak for themselves. Go look at the cumulative stats, and years in the league, and be honest with yourself. If you respond with something that makes no sense, the last post I will put in this thread will be the numbers with a brief commentary on them. So either you can go look, or I'll have to come back and post them. Your call. I currently don't feel like doing it.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-12-2016, 11:18 AM
:lol You inserting that as a means of protecting yourself, does not protect you. The numbers speak for themselves. Go look at the cumulative stats, and years in the league, and be honest with yourself. If you respond with something that makes no sense, the last post I will put in this thread will be the numbers with a brief commentary on them. So either you can go look, or I'll have to come back and post them. Your call. I currently don't feel like doing it.

What are you talking about?

:lol post the stats. I want you to post the stats. I've waited a long time to post this thread... and I have my own statistics and argument. That's what this board is for, after all. I'm here to debunk the myth.

I think Olsen is the best TE in the game RIGHT NOW. He was behind Gronk the past two years, but nowhere near to the point where this can't be a discussion IMO....

Avante
10-12-2016, 11:29 AM
What are you talking about?

:lol post the stats. I want you to post the stats. I've waited a long time to post this thread... and I have my own statistics and argument. That's what this board is for, after all. I'm here to debunk the myth.

I think Olsen is the best TE in the game RIGHT NOW. He was behind Gronk the past two years, but nowhere near to the point where this can't be a discussion IMO....

Speaking of stats.

In his 7 seasons Gronk as scored 65 td's, in his 10 seasons Olsen has 51.

Now add the fact Gronk is 27, Olsen 31. So we will be seeing far more of Gronk than Olsen and he's already scored far more times.

Spur-Addict
10-12-2016, 11:30 AM
Gronk: Age 27

6 Seasons:

65 TDs---380 Receptions---14.7 YPC---64.8 YPG---20+ Catches: 99---40+ Catches: 11---Fumbles:2---Games Played---83

Olsen: Age 31

9 Seasons:

51 TDs---575 receptions---11.8 YPC---46.3 YPG---20+ catches:90---40+ catches: 7---Fumbles: 7---Games played---147

NOT even close.

Even if you want to do just the last three seasons, he lacks notably in the TD department. Gronk averages double digit TDs a season. I like Olsen, a lot actually. But stop with the post-bait

UNT Eagles 2016
10-12-2016, 11:45 AM
Gronk is still best but injuries have been his Achilles heel

Rob Gronkowski
10-12-2016, 12:35 PM
:lmao

Rob Gronkowski
10-12-2016, 12:39 PM
Yo one time I saw Greg Olsen in Cabo, challenged him to a tequila drinking competition. He was all like "Nah man I'm here with my family during the bye week" and I was like "Yo fam, you a little bitch or what?" and I went ahead and beat his ass 100 shots to 0. Got fuckin HAMMERED YO and was totally blacked out on the flight back to Foxboro for the game the next day. Scored 3 tochdowns anyways CUZ THATS WHAT THE FUCK I DO NINJAS

UNT Eagles 2016
10-12-2016, 01:22 PM
Yo one time I saw Greg Olsen in Cabo, challenged him to a tequila drinking competition. He was all like "Nah man I'm here with my family during the bye week" and I was like "Yo fam, you a little bitch or what?" and I went ahead and beat his ass 100 shots to 0. Got fuckin HAMMERED YO and was totally blacked out on the flight back to Foxboro for the game the next day. Scored 3 tochdowns anyways CUZ THATS WHAT THE FUCK I DO NINJAS

I think the Panthers actually beat you last time y'all played (2013)

DD
10-12-2016, 02:23 PM

I remember that game. Gronk was bear-hugged by Kuechly in the endzone on the final play, iirc. Horrible no-call.

Rob Gronkowski
10-12-2016, 02:23 PM
What the fuck are you, some kinda nerd? Some kinda sports stats nerd or some shit? "Oooh you lost last time you played the Panthers." Like I give a fuck about that shit, geek ass nerd! Come at me, fam. I'll bitchslap that pocket protector off your nerd body.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-12-2016, 02:49 PM
I remember that game. Gronk was bear-hugged by Kuechly in the endzone on the final play, iirc. Horrible no-call.

Fortunately that one was in Charlotte instead of Foxboro, they're not going to call DPI in the endzone on the last play of the game against the home team

Avante
10-12-2016, 05:25 PM
Ok....

Keep in mind Olsen is 31 and in his 10th season, Gronk only 27 in his 7th season.

So far...

Olsen

most td's in a season...8, Gronk...17~~~
most yards in a season...1104, Gronk...1327
best average per reception in a season...14.3, Gronk...16.3

I think it's REAL obvious who the best TE in the game is today, yep...THE GRONK.

Dude, we all have our teams, and my Niners totally suck right now. Notice how I deal with reality, ya really need to give that a shot, ok? Cool this....I WACK OFF WEARING MY PANTHERS HELMET...bit, ok?

Rob Gronkowski
10-12-2016, 06:25 PM
Ok....

Keep in mind Olsen is 31 and in his 10th season, Gronk only 27 in his 7th season.

So far...

Olsen

most td's in a season...8, Gronk...17~~~
most yards in a season...1104, Gronk...1327
best average per reception in a season...14.3, Gronk...16.3

I think it's REAL obvious who the best TE in the game is today, yep...THE GRONK.

Dude, we all have our teams, and my Niners totally suck right now. Notice how I deal with reality, ya really need to give that a shot, ok? Cool this....I WACK OFF WEARING MY PANTHERS HELMET...bit, ok?
Yo bro I like that shit ur spittin at that nerd. We all knows I got the biggest cock in the NFL. We should fuckin party sometime, yo! I always got college age bitches surrounding me, fam! As long as you're not a fuckin creep that's into 13 year old Filipino hookers tho. I don't play that shit, fam. Otherwise we can get lit homey!

Avante
10-12-2016, 06:43 PM
Yo bro I like that shit ur spittin at that nerd. We all knows I got the biggest cock in the NFL. We should fuckin party sometime, yo! I always got college age bitches surrounding me, fam! As long as you're not a fuckin creep that's into 13 year old Filipino hookers tho. I don't play that shit, fam. Otherwise we can get lit homey!

Sounds good, so what is your address and I'll find you.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-12-2016, 07:10 PM
Touchdowns aren't everything, and it's ridiculous to hold the fact that Chicago benched him until he was traded to Carolina against him. Since joining Carolina, he has been the biggest piece of Newton's throwing game. He doesn't have the touchdowns because he's not in a system that has two tight ends on the field over 50% of the time. Cam Newton gets a majority of the redzone touchdowns with his feet. Until recently, the Patriots didn't have a #1 receiver. The Panthers have 6'5 Kelvin Benjamin, and 6'5 Devin Funchess.

Greg Olsen is playing better than any TE in the league this year. That's not a question. Gronkowski will break every TE record in the book. But that doesn't mean right now he's a better player. He's certainly not more valuable . Look at Bennett's production.

One thing that is underrated is Olsen's blocking. He doesn't even go on every pass play. A lot of the time they need him to block. Gronk definitely cannot say that. The only tight end that can be put in the conversation of a two-way TE nowadays is Witten with Olsen.

Avante
10-12-2016, 07:42 PM
Touchdowns aren't everything, and it's ridiculous to hold the fact that Chicago benched him until he was traded to Carolina against him. Since joining Carolina, he has been the biggest piece of Newton's throwing game. He doesn't have the touchdowns because he's not in a system that has two tight ends on the field over 50% of the time. Cam Newton gets a majority of the redzone touchdowns with his feet. Until recently, the Patriots didn't have a #1 receiver. The Panthers have 6'5 Kelvin Benjamin, and 6'5 Devin Funchess.

Greg Olsen is playing better than any TE in the league this year. That's not a question. Gronkowski will break every TE record in the book. But that doesn't mean right now he's a better player. He's certainly not more valuable . Look at Bennett's production.

One thing that is underrated is Olsen's blocking. He doesn't even go on every pass play. A lot of the time they need him to block. Gronk definitely cannot say that. The only tight end that can be put in the conversation of a two-way TE nowadays is Witten with Olsen.

Are you kidding me?

Dude, Greg Olsen is not better than THE GRONK, ok? Only a total fool/knows...0...about the NFL, or....I sleep in CAROLINA PANTHER JAMMIES...wouldn't get that.

Come on guy, if Olsen played for any other team you'd be singing a whole other tune and you make that REAL obvious.

Accept the fact your team sucks in 2016, Newton is having a shit year and Greg Olsen is not better than...THE GRONK. This coming from a guy who saw John Mackey play at Syracuse, ok?

chunticakes
10-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Accept the fact your team sucks in 2016, Newton is having a shit year and Greg Olsen is not better than...THE GRONK. This coming from a guy who saw John Mackey play at Syracuse, ok?

OWNED. :lmao

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-12-2016, 10:45 PM
You guys are ridiculous. Arguing with me that Gronkowski, who couldn't eclipse 125 yards in three games this year, because big fucking surprise, he's injured, is having a better year than Greg Olsen. Typical retard Avante.

If his injury-prone ass doesn't take the time to properly rehab his body, he might not end up with more TD's than Olsen when it's all said and done. His knees are made of glass and his blocking skills are that of a trampoline.

And before you want to talk shit about any team, Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483), just remember that you are resorting to pulling for a rival of your teams, who openly talk shit about embarrassing you over the years. Also, my team whooped your bandwagons team ass at home and then on the road. Something you're gonna have to live with until these playoffs end.

In this league you have produce year in and year out. It doesn't matter what you have done in the past, or how dominant you were. You have to produce.

Avante
10-13-2016, 03:51 AM
You guys are ridiculous. Arguing with me that Gronkowski, who couldn't eclipse 125 yards in three games this year, because big fucking surprise, he's injured, is having a better year than Greg Olsen. Typical retard Avante.

If his injury-prone ass doesn't take the time to properly rehab his body, he might not end up with more TD's than Olsen when it's all said and done. His knees are made of glass and his blocking skills are that of a trampoline.

And before you want to talk shit about any team, Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483), just remember that you are resorting to pulling for a rival of your teams, who openly talk shit about embarrassing you over the years. Also, my team whooped your bandwagons team ass at home and then on the road. Something you're gonna have to live with until these playoffs end.

In this league you have produce year in and year out. It doesn't matter what you have done in the past, or how dominant you were. You have to produce.

Let's see since 2010, Seattle is 5-2 vs Carolina. And in that time frame they have won a SB, plyed in two, as we know your Panthers got crushed in the one they were in.

If you can;t see how superior Gronks career has been to Olsens, I can't help ya. He's done more in his seven seasons than Olsen has in his ten, even a blind man could see that. All you arr is a punk ass kid STILL playing stupid fanboy silliness.

First it was...CAM NEWTON IS GOD...well he sucks, ok? Then it was...LUKE IS GOD...and he is the only Panther where you have a legit case, now it's...GREG OLSEN ISN;T INJURED SO HE'S BETTER THAN THE INJURED GRONK...hahahaha~~~ Dude, Usain Bolt has lost races coming off an injury...ok? So if Olsen goes down and Gronk is playing.....hahaha~~~

Did you ever look at the career stats of Olsen and Gronk? If ya did you can't see the HUGE difference?

You follow a team that has never won a SB, has a weirdo at QB, a Mexican at coach, your all time receiver/rusher starring other places while losing at home to the lowly Buc's with a second year QB.

Hahahaha~~~~~

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-13-2016, 09:02 AM
Let's see since 2010, Seattle is 5-2 vs Carolina. And in that time frame they have won a SB, plyed in two, as we know your Panthers got crushed in the one they were in.

If you can;t see how superior Gronks career has been to Olsens, I can't help ya. He's done more in his seven seasons than Olsen has in his ten, even a blind man could see that. All you arr is a punk ass kid STILL playing stupid fanboy silliness.

First it was...CAM NEWTON IS GOD...well he sucks, ok? Then it was...LUKE IS GOD...and he is the only Panther where you have a legit case, now it's...GREG OLSEN ISN;T INJURED SO HE'S BETTER THAN THE INJURED GRONK...hahahaha~~~ Dude, Usain Bolt has lost races coming off an injury...ok? So if Olsen goes down and Gronk is playing.....hahaha~~~

Did you ever look at the career stats of Olsen and Gronk? If ya did you can't see the HUGE difference?

You follow a team that has never won a SB, has a weirdo at QB, a Mexican at coach, your all time receiver/rusher starring other places while losing at home to the lowly Buc's with a second year QB.

Hahahaha~~~~~

All that is moot. You are pulling for your rival team while they fuck your team in the ass. Pussy.

Avante
10-13-2016, 11:15 AM
All that is moot. You are pulling for your rival team while they fuck your team in the ass. Pussy.

I have a binder full of Niner football cards. I wear a Niner ball cap, I could teach the history of 49er football. Can talk Niners nobody here has ever heard of, remember Ray Norton.....of course not.

BUT....I keep it real, I dwell in reality. I never let my emotions get in the way of how it is, something you need to work on. The Niners totally suck right now and have been sucking for a few years. It has nothing to do with the Seahawks, I just don't play pretend. The Seahawks are where the Niners used to be. My thing will Russell Wilson is pretty much more about proving the know nothings they know nothing.

Dude, you are the classic example of what a fanboy is, they are so wrapped up in their love for a team/player they totally ignore reality.

In about an hour I'll go to a place that sells dog food, a guy works there who is a HUGE Raider fan...HUGE~~~~~

Avante...what's up bro?
Raider fan....what did I tell you, are we Superbowl bound or what?
Avante...can't disgree if we are talking in the next 4/5 seasons.
Raider fan....fuck that, I'm talking this season.
Avante....this season a wild card is real, the Superbowl is not.
Raider fan....watch and see.
Avante....ok, let's see who's right.

Everyone who follows football knows the Raiders will not be in the 2016 SB, why doesn't this guy, yep....FANBOY~~~~~

Silver&Black
10-13-2016, 12:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ujKxpAvLKg

Not Olsen related, but this is my favorite Canes song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpqWnxp7178

2001 Canes were the best team of all time. It's not even debatable.

DD
10-13-2016, 01:08 PM
2001 Canes were the best team of all time. It's not even debatable.

Some people try to argue 1995 Nebraska or one of these run-of-the-mill Bama teams:lmao

Their status as GOAT team was solidified by all the top-notch pro talent they had. Talk about STACKED, the 3rd-string RB was Frank Gore:wow

Silver&Black
10-13-2016, 01:22 PM
Some people try to argue 1995 Nebraska or one of these run-of-the-mill Bama teams:lmao

Their status as GOAT team was solidified by all the top-notch pro talent they had. Talk about STACKED, the 3rd-string RB was Frank Gore:wow

Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, and Frank Gore backfield. Gives a new meaning to WE STAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKED.

Ed Reed, Philip Buchanon, Jeremy Shockey, Jonathon Vilma, Bryant McKinnie, Ken Dorsey, Andre Johnson............Do I need to continue? They damn near put the entire gotdamn team in the 1st Round. Najeh Davenport, Joaquin Gonzalez......gud lawd. I think Vince Wilfork was a Freshman on that team IIRC.

If someone tells you Nebraska fielded a better "team" slap them in the fucking face for me.

Avante
10-13-2016, 02:19 PM
The best college teams of all time if we go with vs their competition was Michigan from 1901-1905.

They went 55=1, losing the last game in 1905 2-0 to Chicago.
Scored over 2000 points giving up less than 50.
They scored over 100 points 4 times and had over 30 shutouts.

Imagine a team playing three seasons and never allowing the opponet in their territory, that what's Bedford County Training School (all black school in Tennessee) did from 1942-1944. From 1942-1948 they won 78 games before a loss. The first 52 games they shut everyone out. That sounds like fiction, but it's not.

Ghazi
10-13-2016, 02:25 PM
Football wasn't football back then.

Avante
10-13-2016, 02:27 PM
Football wasn't football back then.

You have it 100% backwards, that was the game back then. No sissy fields no sissy ass rules to protect players, little padding, if ya got hurt......big deal.

Silver&Black
10-13-2016, 02:41 PM
The best college teams of all time if we go with vs their competition was Michigan from 1901-1905.

They went 55=1, losing the last game in 1905 2-0 to Chicago.
Scored over 2000 points giving up less than 50.
They scored over 100 points 4 times and had over 30 shutouts.

Imagine a team playing three seasons and never allowing the opponet in their territory, that what's Bedford County Training School (all black school in Tennessee) did from 1942-1944. From 1942-1948 they won 78 games before a loss. The first 52 games they shut everyone out. That sounds like fiction, but it's not.

:pctoss

I knew you'd show up and say some team from the fucking 1900s was the best of all time.

2001 Hurricanes would beat the 1901 (:lol A hundred years ago) Michigan Wolverines by 90.

DD
10-13-2016, 02:51 PM
You have it 100% backwards, that was the game back then. No sissy fields no sissy ass rules to protect players, little padding, if ya got hurt......big deal.

You can always tell the rookies~~~sheesh

How about the 100th anniversary of the Georgia Tech Engineers beating the Cumberland Bulldogs 222-0, huh little guy? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1916_Cumberland_vs._Georgia_Tech_football_game

You really don't think those 150-lb honkies could crush the 2001 Hurricanes?

Avante
10-13-2016, 02:52 PM
:pctoss

I knew you'd show up and say some team from the fucking 1900s was the best of all time.

2001 Hurricanes would beat the 1901 (:lol A hundred years ago) Michigan Wolverines by 90.

You know it never works that way in sports. I have no doubts the 2016 Crimson Tide beat up those old Lombardi Packer teams from the 60's. You ALWAYS go with vs the era...ALWAYS~~~~~~~~~~~

There are kids in high school right now who would totally destroy Jesse Owens in a 100m. No way Jim Brown is averaging over 5 yards a carry in 2016. What chance would Rocky "48-0" Marciano stand today vs these heavyweights?

You look at....dominance of era. That is why those Michigan teams were the best ever college teams.

Avante
10-13-2016, 02:55 PM
You can always tell the rookies~~~sheesh

How about the 100th anniversary of the Georgia Tech Engineers beating the Cumberland Bulldogs 222-0, huh little guy? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1916_Cumberland_vs._Georgia_Tech_football_game

I have used that 222-0 game many times in trivia. You'd be surprised at how many football fans knew nothing about it. First thing is there even enought time to score that many points?

It's not about who would beat who, it's..ALWAYS..about vs your era....ALWAYS~~~~~~~~~~

Those 60 Packer teams are considered to be some of the best ever, they wouldn't stand a chance vs the Jags today....none~~~~

There are HS offensive lines today bigger than any NFL lines from once upon a time.

The legendary/great Bullet Bob Hayes who changed the way defenses played ran a 10.06WR in winning the 1964 Olympic 100m. What is the HS record now.....10.00.

Getting back to those Packer teams, their monster DE Willie Davis a HOFer....6-2 245.

Right this minute the Chiefs have Tyreek Hill who while in HS ran a 20.14 200m, that would have won every Olympics up to 1968.

Silver&Black
10-13-2016, 04:10 PM
You look at....dominance of era. That is why those Michigan teams were the best ever college teams.

You're basically blaming the 2001 Hurricanes (in some type of way) because the other college football teams in the 1900s were complete shit.

I won't allow it. I simply won't.

If you want to say that the Michigan Wolverines were the best of their era....I'm good with that. But, when someone says, "Who is the best college football team of all time?" they're saying that if you put those two teams on a neutral field....who would win? Era has nothing to do with it.

Take the Bulls vs. Warriors debate last year. A lot of people debated which team was the greatest of all time. I'm sure there were some teams in the 60s (Celtics come to mind) that obliterated their competition like the 1901 Wolverines did. They're not the best team of all time though. They're the best team of the 60s.

Silver&Black
10-13-2016, 04:11 PM

The U by 90, tbh.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-13-2016, 05:02 PM
yeah, I was a little too young to remember when Miami college football was good... or Miami pro football, for that matter

Clipper Nation
10-13-2016, 06:15 PM
Since joining Carolina, he has been the biggest piece of Newton's throwing game.
Calling Olsen a piece of shit is a bit excessive, don't you think?

Avante
10-13-2016, 06:25 PM
You're basically blaming the 2001 Hurricanes (in some type of way) because the other college football teams in the 1900s were complete shit.

I won't allow it. I simply won't.

If you want to say that the Michigan Wolverines were the best of their era....I'm good with that. But, when someone says, "Who is the best college football team of all time?" they're saying that if you put those two teams on a neutral field....who would win? Era has nothing to do with it.

Take the Bulls vs. Warriors debate last year. A lot of people debated which team was the greatest of all time. I'm sure there were some teams in the 60s (Celtics come to mind) that obliterated their competition like the 1901 Wolverines did. They're not the best team of all time though. They're the best team of the 60s.

And you cannot hold it against those Michigan players that they were born in the 1880's. All you can do in sport is compete in the era you live in, all Michigan could do was beat those in their time. And NOBODY ever did that better, NOBODY~~~ They totally destroyed the competition, totally dominated unlike any team in any sport has ever done. This is why Michigan 1901-1905 was the best college football team we have seen. It's never ever been about could modern day athletes with all the advantages that comes with that beat old time athletes, it just doesn't work that way at all.

You read anything about the greatest RB ever and the first name you will read.....Jim Brown. We all get the fact he couldn't do what he did back then vs these defenses today, BUT....it just doesn't matter, it doesn't work like that.

How many times have we read...Jim Thorpe the greatest athlete of all time? Like those Michigan teams ya think if he'd had to compete vs black athletes we could say that? How would Jim Thorpe do today vs anyone, I'll tell ya....he'd suck. But....it simply doesn't work that way.

Back in the days of Jim Brown was a monster D lineman, Gene "BIG DADDY" Lipscomb, he was HUGE HUGE~~~ 6-6 285, right now tonight the Chargers will have.....19 players over 285 pounds.

I don't care what site/forum/whatever you are on, when....BEST BOXER EVER....is talked about you will always see...Sugar Ray Robinson in that conversation, he hasn't fought in how many decades? Hell no he couldn't bang with these guys today, but that is never the point, it doesn't work that way.

Who is the greatest boxing athlete of all time?

Muhammad Ali — Throughout his entire career, he only lost one fight by knockout. First ever three-time World Heavyweight Champion. Won 22 heavyweight Championship fights with 19 successful defenses. 56-5 career record with 37 knockouts.
Julio Cesar Chavez — professional record of 107-6-2 with 88 knockouts.
Floyd Mayweather — 43-0 professional record, with 26 knockouts.
Sugar Ray Robinson — 175-19-6 record, with 109 knockouts.
Mike Tyson — 44 of his 50 victories were by knockout.

There are high school teams today that could beat NFL teams way back when. How in the hell could those all white teams of the 20's-50's run with these Texas/Florida teams with all those speedy black athletes, yep, they couldn't.

Silver&Black
10-13-2016, 07:04 PM
And you cannot hold it against those Michigan players that they were born in the 1880's. All you can do in sport is compete in the era you live in, all Michigan could do was beat those in their time. And NOBODY ever did that better, NOBODY~~~ They totally destroyed the competition, totally dominated unlike any team in any sport has ever done. This is why Michigan 1901-1905 was the best college football team we have seen. It's never ever been about could modern day athletes with all the advantages that comes with beat old time athletes, it just doesn't work that way at all.

You read anything about the greatest RB ever and the first name you will read.....Jim Brown. We all get the fact he couldn't do what he did back then vs these defenses today, BUT....it just doesn't matter, it doesn't work like that.

How many times have we read...Jim Thorpe the greatest athlete of all time? Like those Michigan teams ya think if he'd had to compete vs black athletes we could say that? How would Jim Thorpe do today vs anyone, I'll tell ya....he'd suck. But....it simply doesn't work that way.

Back in the days of Jim Brown was a monster D lineman, Gene "BIG DADDY" Lipscomb, he was HUGE HUGE~~~ 6-6 285, right now tonight the Chargers will have.....19 players over 285 pounds.

I'm not gonna argue this anymore with you. You can't grasp the concept of 3 words. "OF ALL TIME"....that literally means every single era.

You're focused on the eras too much. I don't give two shits about this era vs. that era in an "OF ALL TIME" discussion. You want to argue who would win... 1890s Yale or Harvard vs. 1901 Michigan....go ahead and do that. Just don't bring those teams up in a "Who is the best team of all time" discussion.

My sorry ass Mississippi St. Bulldogs (who lost to South fucking Alabama this year) would beat those teams by 40 easily. That right there disqualifies them from being the best "of all time". Best of their era.....sure. Of all time.....gtfoh.

Silver&Black
10-13-2016, 07:11 PM
Sorry for hi-jacking your Olsen thread NLS. It's getting off track...

Maybe Avante can start a "Who is the greatest college team of all time" thread in the College Forum....oooh wait nvm.

:lol How the fuck did you get pinked dude?

This place has 0 moderation and somehow people manage to get pinked. It's beyond my comprehension. It really is...

Avante
10-13-2016, 07:21 PM
I'm not gonna argue this anymore with you. You can't grasp the concept of 3 words. "OF ALL TIME"....that literally means every single era.

You're focused on the eras too much. I don't give two shits about this era vs. that era in an "OF ALL TIME" discussion. You want to argue who would win... 1890s Yale or Harvard vs. 1901 Michigan....go ahead and do that. Just don't bring those teams up in a "Who is the best team of all time" discussion.

My sorry ass Mississippi St. Bulldogs (who lost to South fucking Alabama this year) would beat those teams by 40 easily. That right there disqualifies them from being the best "of all time". Best of their era.....sure. Of all time.....gtfoh.

Speaking of grasping concepts, do this, Google...Best College Football Teams All Time.

You will always find this team near the top. And ya see nobody plays this..."who can beat who"...it's never about that at all...NEVER~ If it was then how would this team from thr 40's who would get manhandleed by most teams today be ranked that high? Where did you ever get idea it's..who can beat who? That means....0.

No. 3—1945 Army, 9-0
Army absolutely dominated the college football season in 1945. They averaged 48 points a game, while giving up only five and recording five shutouts. None of their games were closer than 19 points. The Black Knights of the Hudson had back-to-back Heisman winners in 1945 (Doc Blanchard) and 1946 (Glenn Davis), and each ran for more than 1,000 yards in the 1945 season. Army beat rivals Notre Dame and Navy by scores of 48-0 and 32-13, respectively.
West Point bookended the 1945 team with two other pretty good clubs. The Cadets went undefeated and won the national championship in 1944, and played eventual champion Notre Dame to a scoreless tie in the 1946 “Game of the Century.”

Like boxing, college football has a rich tradition, and also like boxing it's ALWAYS about ....DOMINATION OF ERA.

This 2016 Jets would totally destroy that Joe Namath team that won the SB, yet when asked what was the best Jets team, guess what?

You will never read anything like this about any football team at any level. This really is hard to believe.

"Point-a-Minute" teams[edit (http://www.spurstalk.com/w/index.php?title=History_of_Michigan_Wolverines_foo tball_in_the_Yost_era&action=edit&section=3)]

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/28/Joe_Curtis.jpg/135px-Joe_Curtis.jpg (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/File:Joe_Curtis.jpg)
Joe Curtis (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Joe_Curtis) scored 49 points in a single game in 1904.

In Yost's first five years as Michigan's head coach, the team compiled a record of 55–1–1 and outscored its opponents by a margin of 2,821 to 42. The teams from these years became known as Yost's "Point-a-Minute" teams, owing to the fact that their offensive production resulted in an average of at least one point being scored for every minute of play.[8] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-AD-8)
In 1901, Michigan compiled an 11-0 record while outscoring its opponents 550 to 0.[9] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-9) The 1901 team (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1901_Michigan_Wolverines_football_team) scored the highest number of points ever scored in a single season by a recognized team. The team became known for the speed of play, running 219 plays in a single game.[10] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-Summary-10) The fast pace earned the coach the nickname "Hurry Up" Yost. Michigan defeated the University of Buffalo (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Buffalo_Bulls_football) by a score of 128–0 -- a victory so dominant that Buffalo quit 15 minutes before the game should have ended.[11] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-Buff-11)
At the end of the 1901 season, Michigan traveled to Pasadena, California (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Pasadena,_California), to play against Stanford (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Stanford_Cardinal_football) (the team that had fired Yost one year earlier) in the 1902 Rose Bowl (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1902_Rose_Bowl). The game was the first post-season bowl game in college football history. Neil Snow (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Neil_Snow) scored five touchdowns, and with Michigan ahead 49-0 and eight minutes remaining, Stanford captain Ralph Fisher asked that the game be stopped, and Michigan agreed.[12] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-12)
The 1902 team (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1902_Michigan_Wolverines_football_team) compiled the school's second consecutive undefeated season and national championship and outscored opponents 644 to 12. The margins of victory run up by the 1902 team included scores of 119–0 against Michigan Agricultural (now known as Michigan State), 107–0 against Iowa, and 86–0 against Ohio State.[13] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-13) Michigan's undefeated streak continued through the 1903 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1903_Michigan_Wolverines_football_team) and 1904 seasons (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1904_Michigan_Wolverines_football_team) (with one tie against Minnesota (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Minnesota_Golden_Gophers_football) in 1903).[14] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-14)[15] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-15) The 1904 team ran up the biggest winning margin in school history with a 130–0 victory over West Virginia. Left tackle Joe Curtis (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Joe_Curtis) scored 49 points against West Virginia on six touchdowns (then valued at five points) and 19 extra points.[16] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-16)
The 1905 Michigan team (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1905_Michigan_Wolverines_football_team) won its first 12 games by a combined score of 495 to 0, continuing its high-scoring tradition. However, in the final game of the season, the Wolverines lost by a score of 2–0 against Amos Alonzo Stagg (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Amos_Alonzo_Stagg)'s Chicago Maroons (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Chicago_Maroons_football).[17] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-17) The loss to Chicago broke Michigan's 56-game unbeaten streak and marked the end of the "Point-a-Minute" years. The game was lost in the final ten minutes of play when Denny Clark (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/William_Dennison_Clark) was tackled for a safety as he attempted to return a punt from behind the goal line. Newspapers described Clark's play as "the wretched blunder" and a "lapse of brain work."[18] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-LA84-18) Clark transferred to M.I.T. (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Massachusetts_Institute_of_Technology) the following year and was haunted by the play for the rest of his life. In 1932, he shot himself, leaving a suicide note that reportedly expressed hope that his "final play" would atone for his error at Marshall Field (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Stagg_Field) in 1905.[18] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-LA84-18)[19] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-LAT-19)

Avante
10-13-2016, 07:26 PM

Maybe Avante can start a "Who is the greatest college team of all time" thread in the College Forum....oooh wait nvm.
How the fuck did you get pinked dude?

This place has 0 moderation and somehow people manage to get pinked. It's beyond my comprehension. It really is...

I pissed too many people off because of stuff like this. I can talk about things nobody else can and that makes others feel inferior. And then for me to rub that in, well , ha~~~

Obstructed_View
10-14-2016, 03:58 PM

:lol How the fuck did you get pinked dude?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-14-2016, 08:52 PM
Speaking of grasping concepts, do this, Google...Best College Football Teams All Time.

You will always find this team near the top. And ya see nobody plays this..."who can beat who"...it's never about that at all...NEVER~ If it was then how would this team from thr 40's who would get manhandleed by most teams today be ranked that high? Where did you ever get idea it's..who can beat who? That means....0.

No. 3—1945 Army, 9-0
Army absolutely dominated the college football season in 1945. They averaged 48 points a game, while giving up only five and recording five shutouts. None of their games were closer than 19 points. The Black Knights of the Hudson had back-to-back Heisman winners in 1945 (Doc Blanchard) and 1946 (Glenn Davis), and each ran for more than 1,000 yards in the 1945 season. Army beat rivals Notre Dame and Navy by scores of 48-0 and 32-13, respectively.
West Point bookended the 1945 team with two other pretty good clubs. The Cadets went undefeated and won the national championship in 1944, and played eventual champion Notre Dame to a scoreless tie in the 1946 “Game of the Century.”

Like boxing, college football has a rich tradition, and also like boxing it's ALWAYS about ....DOMINATION OF ERA.

This 2016 Jets would totally destroy that Joe Namath team that won the SB, yet when asked what was the best Jets team, guess what?

You will never read anything like this about any football team at any level. This really is hard to believe.

"Point-a-Minute" teams[edit (http://www.spurstalk.com/w/index.php?title=History_of_Michigan_Wolverines_foo tball_in_the_Yost_era&action=edit&section=3)]

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/28/Joe_Curtis.jpg/135px-Joe_Curtis.jpg (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/File:Joe_Curtis.jpg)
Joe Curtis (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Joe_Curtis) scored 49 points in a single game in 1904.

In Yost's first five years as Michigan's head coach, the team compiled a record of 55–1–1 and outscored its opponents by a margin of 2,821 to 42. The teams from these years became known as Yost's "Point-a-Minute" teams, owing to the fact that their offensive production resulted in an average of at least one point being scored for every minute of play.[8] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-AD-8)
In 1901, Michigan compiled an 11-0 record while outscoring its opponents 550 to 0.[9] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-9) The 1901 team (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1901_Michigan_Wolverines_football_team) scored the highest number of points ever scored in a single season by a recognized team. The team became known for the speed of play, running 219 plays in a single game.[10] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-Summary-10) The fast pace earned the coach the nickname "Hurry Up" Yost. Michigan defeated the University of Buffalo (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Buffalo_Bulls_football) by a score of 128–0 -- a victory so dominant that Buffalo quit 15 minutes before the game should have ended.[11] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-Buff-11)
At the end of the 1901 season, Michigan traveled to Pasadena, California (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Pasadena,_California), to play against Stanford (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Stanford_Cardinal_football) (the team that had fired Yost one year earlier) in the 1902 Rose Bowl (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1902_Rose_Bowl). The game was the first post-season bowl game in college football history. Neil Snow (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Neil_Snow) scored five touchdowns, and with Michigan ahead 49-0 and eight minutes remaining, Stanford captain Ralph Fisher asked that the game be stopped, and Michigan agreed.[12] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-12)
The 1902 team (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1902_Michigan_Wolverines_football_team) compiled the school's second consecutive undefeated season and national championship and outscored opponents 644 to 12. The margins of victory run up by the 1902 team included scores of 119–0 against Michigan Agricultural (now known as Michigan State), 107–0 against Iowa, and 86–0 against Ohio State.[13] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-13) Michigan's undefeated streak continued through the 1903 (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1903_Michigan_Wolverines_football_team) and 1904 seasons (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1904_Michigan_Wolverines_football_team) (with one tie against Minnesota (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Minnesota_Golden_Gophers_football) in 1903).[14] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-14)[15] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-15) The 1904 team ran up the biggest winning margin in school history with a 130–0 victory over West Virginia. Left tackle Joe Curtis (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Joe_Curtis) scored 49 points against West Virginia on six touchdowns (then valued at five points) and 19 extra points.[16] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-16)
The 1905 Michigan team (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/1905_Michigan_Wolverines_football_team) won its first 12 games by a combined score of 495 to 0, continuing its high-scoring tradition. However, in the final game of the season, the Wolverines lost by a score of 2–0 against Amos Alonzo Stagg (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Amos_Alonzo_Stagg)'s Chicago Maroons (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Chicago_Maroons_football).[17] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-17) The loss to Chicago broke Michigan's 56-game unbeaten streak and marked the end of the "Point-a-Minute" years. The game was lost in the final ten minutes of play when Denny Clark (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/William_Dennison_Clark) was tackled for a safety as he attempted to return a punt from behind the goal line. Newspapers described Clark's play as "the wretched blunder" and a "lapse of brain work."[18] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-LA84-18) Clark transferred to M.I.T. (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Massachusetts_Institute_of_Technology) the following year and was haunted by the play for the rest of his life. In 1932, he shot himself, leaving a suicide note that reportedly expressed hope that his "final play" would atone for his error at Marshall Field (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Stagg_Field) in 1905.[18] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-LA84-18)[19] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-LAT-19)

wasn't that 1903 Army team led by "Mr Inside" and "Mr Outside"

Avante
10-14-2016, 09:31 PM
They came way later in te 40's. "Mr.Inside" Doc Blanchard was the first junior to ever win the Heisman, Glenn Davis "Mr.Outside" ran 9.6 100 yards when the WR was 9.4, he also won the Heisman.

The first thunder n' lightnin' RB duo in college football of note. In the NFL that was HOFers to be Bronko Nagurski and the "Galloping Ghost" Red Grange with the Bears.

Rob Gronkowski
10-16-2016, 03:22 PM

Avante
10-16-2016, 09:34 PM
As we saw today and have been seeing, there is no QB in the NFL on the same level with Gronk, he's actually....freakish.

Bummer that Burfict didn't throw a punch, Gronk would have knocked his ass out. Helmet and all.

HarlemHeat37
10-31-2016, 11:41 AM
:lol how did I miss this thread?

Olsen is pretty good, but Gronk is the best TE I've ever seen at this level, tbh..

When the Broncos played vs. Carolina in the SB, I barely even remembered that Olsen played for them:lol..in the AFC title game, I was terrified every time Brady even looked Gronk's way..

Mal
10-31-2016, 12:54 PM
WTF is that ? The Gronk is still in the league.

chunticakes
10-31-2016, 04:13 PM
:lol how did I miss this thread?

Olsen is pretty good, but Gronk is the best TE I've ever seen at this level, tbh..

When the Broncos played vs. Carolina in the SB, I barely even remembered that Olsen played for them:lol..in the AFC title game, I was terrified every time Brady even looked Gronk's way..

Denver fielded the greatest defense I've ever witnessed last season.

Even then, in the AFC title game Gronk had his way with them. :wow

Without question the GOAT TE.

Avante
10-31-2016, 10:29 PM
1. Tony Gonzalez
2. The Gronk
3. John Mackey
4. Kellon Winslow
5. Jason Witten
6. Shannon Sharpe
7. Antonio Gates
8. Ozzie Newsome
9. Mike Ditka
10. Jackie Smith

The second five pretty much....??? What to do with Dave Casper?

HarlemHeat37
11-27-2016, 07:44 PM
:lmao the best TE in the NFL makes that catch in clutch time, tbh..

He's barely a top 5 TE..

DPG21920
11-27-2016, 08:28 PM
He's easily a top 5 TE in this league today, but that was a massive drop. Just a killer.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-27-2016, 08:33 PM
What do you know? Gronk is hurt again

Avante
11-28-2016, 12:51 AM
What do you know? Gronk is hurt again

Gronk has scored 68 TD's in 7 seasons.
Olsen 52 TD's in 10.

Only a PANTHERS YES, wouldn't get that. The guy had a big drop today, actually cost the Panthers the game.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-01-2016, 02:01 PM
Gronk out for the year.

Olsen will become the first TE in NFL history to have three straight 1000 yards seasons.

Olsen has been the best TE in the league for at least two years now.

Raven
12-01-2016, 02:07 PM
.................................................. .............

Avante
12-01-2016, 02:23 PM
Gronk out for the year.

Olsen will become the first TE in NFL history to have three straight 1000 yards seasons.

Olsen has been the best TE in the league for at least two years now.

Will you ever take a few minutes and Google both guys stats? Look at the difference in TD;s as a start. And Gronk has less seasons.

Look at catchs, yards, average...ok?

Gronk is without question the better TE.

Before ya come back PLEASE do your homework, ok?

monosylab1k
12-01-2016, 02:35 PM
Meh, at this point Gronk's injury history has to be factored in. Fully healthy Gronk shits all over Olsen, but fully healthy Gronk is almost never seen. I'll take 16 games of Olsen vs 5 healthy games of Gronk.

Avante
12-01-2016, 02:44 PM
In his 7 seasons Gronk has 68TD's, five times he's had double digits TD's in a season.

In his 10 seasons Olsen has 52TD'S and never scored over 8 TD's in any season.

monosylab1k
12-01-2016, 03:28 PM
Maybe the Pats draft Jake Butt and continue the dominant white TE legacy tbh.

Clipper Nation
12-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Maybe the Pats draft Jake Butt and continue the dominant white TE legacy tbh.

The next dominant white TE wears lightning bolts, tbh.

http://i.imgur.com/3P8SixV.jpg

johnsmith
12-02-2016, 11:37 PM
I haven't read this thread but the thread title tells me enough to know that this is completely ludicrous

Rob Gronkowski
09-14-2018, 11:10 AM
:lmao Greg Olsen is more injury prone than me.