PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Spurs would be at table with Paul in event he starts looking

TD 21
10-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Starts at 6:25: http://art19.com/shows/vertical

Not a surprise, but noteworthy nonetheless. The surprise is him saying that he thinks that Paul will be a more difficult re-sign than Griffin.

I think he more than likely re-signs with the Clippers, but this is neither Durant (never had a chance) or Aldridge (seemingly emerged as favorites in early '15). That said, to have a realistic chance, the Spurs would probably not only have to beat them in their presumed WCSF match-up, but at the very least give the Warriors a legit scare in the WCF.

dabom
10-12-2016, 05:57 PM
Woj don't just stir the pot tbh.

Chinook
10-12-2016, 05:57 PM
I'm find with it so long as they don't break up the team to give Paul a max. He's at that point to where he can't really expect to get almost what Kawhi and LMA make combined and be on a winner. If he does look elsewhere, I'd assume the Spurs top the list. Parker and Duncan are probably major recruiters, along with Pop. Though personally I'd want Tony traded for cap space. There isn't a lot of good math for him making it over, though. Same with Lowery (who's an ideal fit for the SL, if you ask me). I think both the max to stay put.

random21
10-12-2016, 06:02 PM
CP3 was a lock to join Lebron, but now with Kyrie leading that team, no way it happens now... Spurs may have a shot... Better than playing with a broken Blake

UNT Eagles 2016
10-12-2016, 07:03 PM
I'm find with it so long as they don't break up the team to give Paul a max. He's at that point to where he can't really expect to get almost what Kawhi and LMA make combined and be on a winner. If he does look elsewhere, I'd assume the Spurs top the list. Parker and Duncan are probably major recruiters, along with Pop. Though personally I'd want Tony traded for cap space. There isn't a lot of good math for him making it over, though. Same with Lowery (who's an ideal fit for the SL, if you ask me). I think both the max to stay put.
:lol think about what you just wrote... Parker wouldn't want to lose his job, and Duncan isn't even a Spur...

TheGreatYacht
10-12-2016, 07:10 PM
No thanks. We have the head of the snake

Chinook
10-12-2016, 07:13 PM
:lol think about what you just wrote... Parker wouldn't want to lose his job, and Duncan isn't even a Spur...

Parker and Paul are great friends, and Tim is like a big brother to CP3. Yes, those guys would be in the meeting unless Parker were traded to make room.

YGWHI
10-12-2016, 07:19 PM
On other hand, CP3 and Parker seems friends, IIRC Parker said -in an interview during 2015 playoffs- he had an off court relationship with Paul.

Also, Parker knows that he'll come off the bench at some point of his career...If he wants to retire as Spur he can't demand to be a starter in the next seasons.

tonight...you
10-12-2016, 07:24 PM
Lol... Knicks.

Joseph Kony
10-12-2016, 07:52 PM
I really like CP3 as a player. while he has a rep for being a whiny flopping faggot (which is not undeserved) he has always been a damn good player with a lot of fire and he is a very underrated defensive guard and isn't praised as much for how lethal he is scoring because he prefers to find his teammates. him/kawhi/LMA with the Spurs shooters would be nasty. Him and Parker are friends and CP3 may be a player Parker wouldn't have an issue backing up going forward, imo

Seventyniner
10-12-2016, 08:14 PM
Not sure how I would feel about this. Paul is obviously a massive upgrade over Parker and would fit the SL like a glove. But I'd have to see more of the cap ramifications to have a more concrete opinion.

spurraider21
10-12-2016, 08:18 PM
Parker at meeting: you can be my Claxton

gambit1990
10-12-2016, 08:22 PM
we could use him this season tbh.

would trade parker in a heartbeat to clear room.

Spurtacular
10-12-2016, 08:27 PM
No thanks. We have the head of the snake

Aldridge? And so your logic is Malone would've been better without Stockton?

ElNono
10-12-2016, 08:31 PM
Parker at meeting: you can be my Claxton

:lol

MaNu4Tres
10-12-2016, 08:37 PM
Whether they sign Paul or not, trade Parker to the Knicks next summer.

Only a dumb team will pay Rose the money he wants next offseason (maybe I'm giving Sage boy a little too much credit as GM? assuming he lets Rose walk). But I can see them taking a flier on Parker for a year to keep a relevant/ attractive appeal for Knicks' fans.

cd98
10-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Paul would've been great three years ago. He's too old now to make a difference against GSW in a year.

Kawhitstorm
10-12-2016, 08:47 PM
Paul would've been great three years ago. He's too old now to make a difference against GSW in a year.

He got destroyed by Curry on BOTH ends during pre-season.:lol

HVpPO8rJsco

gambit1990
10-12-2016, 08:58 PM
cp3 would be a signicant upgrade.

averaged twice as many assists and steals as parker last season.

paul/green/kawhi would be nice defensely.

Kawhitstorm
10-12-2016, 09:23 PM

Lowry is only a year younger than CP3 & plays reckless somewhat like Manu, dude is going to be Porker 2.0 halfway through his contract. Let's not forget about him being outplayed by George Hill in the 1st rd & being a career postseason choker.

If we are going to go w/ the pie-in-the-sky then it makes more sense to go after Jrue Holiday who's basically the same age as Kawhi & can play alongside Porker since he has the size to check wings.

Realistically, George Hill is the best option if Exum has a solid rookie season & the Jazz decide not to overpay for his services. Once Porker comes off the books, PATFO could maybe target Isaiah Thomas in 2018.

MaNu4Tres
10-12-2016, 09:28 PM
Lowry is only a year younger than CP3 & plays reckless somewhat like Manu, dude is going to be Porker 2.0 halfway through his contract. Let's not forget about him being outplayed by George Hill in the 1st rd & being a career postseason choker.

If we are going to go w/ the pie-in-the-sky then it makes more sense to go after Jrue Holiday who's basically the same age as Kawhi & can play alongside Porker since he has the size to check wings.

Realistically, George Hill is the best option if Exum has a solid rookie season & the Jazz decide not to overpay for his services. Once Porker comes off the books, PATFO could maybe target Isaiah Thomas in 2018.

Would rather have Jrue Holiday (26 yrs old), and Spurs could probably get him for about the same price as Hill -- since he's taking most of this year off to take care of his wife.

Hill, at age 30, is likely down hill from here. His defense will keep regressing year to year from here on out. Can't justify paying him 12 mil +/per year.

Chinook
10-12-2016, 09:42 PM

Paul's age by itself doesn't concern me. It's his age:contract. If they can fit him in with Green, Leonard and LMA and get a big, I'm good with it. The reason why I like Kyle isn't his age. He's just fully capable and willing to play off the ball while also able to be a PG when that's needed. That's a perfect long-term fit with Kawhi. Hill is almost a waste of money.

Kawhitstorm
10-12-2016, 09:47 PM
Would rather have Jrue Holiday (26 yrs old), and Spurs could probably get him for about the same price as Hill -- since he's taking most of this year off to take care of his wife.

Jrue will be the only LEGIT boarderline all-star PG under 30 ala Mike Conley next summer & the Pelicans have said they want to keep him so he's most likely going to get somewhere in the 20mill/per range. Conley basically missed half the season & got 153 mill.

Hill, at age 30, is likely down hill from here. His defense will keep regressing year to year from here on out. Can't justify paying him 12 mil +/per year.

Patty is going to get 8 mill/per offers if he plays well this season so might as well pay Hill 12mill considering he can actually play alongside Porker if Danny is laying bricks.

It's basically something like Patty for 4yr/32mill or Hill for 3yr/36mill.

tonight...you
10-12-2016, 09:48 PM
About as much chance as Durant signing here last off-season.

Chinook
10-12-2016, 09:50 PM
About as much chance as Durant signing here last off-season.

I'd say it's much closer to Aldridge. A lot of teams might want Paul, but besides the Clippers, I don't think anyone else really has a chance.

tonight...you
10-12-2016, 09:56 PM
I'd say it's much closer to Aldridge. A lot of teams might want Paul, but besides the Clippers, I don't think anyone else really has a chance.
No... Aldridge was coming here. He had family right in town, including his own son and grandmother and he was intrigued with playing Pop. Paul has no such ties as strong as that. Especially the family part. Aldridge is really into that.

Kawhitstorm
10-12-2016, 09:58 PM
Paul's age by itself doesn't concern me. It's his age:contract.

Of course, I'm talking about his age:contract ratio. He's going to get a max offer which is why I didn't bother bringing it up.

Hill is almost a waste of money.

Relatively speaking, I'm not sure paying Hill 12 mill would be a "waste of money" in 2017. Hill isn't a guy that depended on speed/athleticism so I don't see how he's going to fall of the cliff before his mid 30s. He's the most viable Patty/Manu replacement & a guy that has "corporate knowledge".

Chinook
10-12-2016, 09:59 PM
No... Aldridge was coming here. He had family right in town, including his own son and grandmother and he was intrigued with playing Pop. Paul has no such ties as strong as that. Especially the family part. Aldridge is really into that.

Paul and Parker are great friends, Tim is like a big brother to him and he loves Pop as much as anybody. And the Spurs are the only team who could be looking that can make a legit case over LAC. You're right that with LMA the team didn't have to worry about Portland. But I expect the Paul sweepstakes to be LAC, SAS and like Orlando or Detroit. There is not Warriors-like opportunity waiting for him.

Chinook
10-12-2016, 10:01 PM
Of course, I'm talking about his age:contract ratio. He's going to get a max offer which is why I didn't bother bringing it up.

He will get a max offer. But he probably won't get one from the Spurs. I'd consider it a non-starter, because the team would have to lose at least two of Parker/Green/Pau for him, and that's just not worth it. If he wants money, he'll have to get it in LA. If he wants to have the best chance of winning, he won't find it if a team has to commit like $35 Million a season to him.

Relatively speaking, I'm not sure paying Hill 12 mill would be a "waste of money" in 2017. Hill isn't a guy that depended on speed/athleticism so I don't see how he's going to fall of the cliff before his mid 30s. He's the most viable Patty/Manu replacement & a guy that has "corporate knowledge".

Hill's a JAG. There's no point in using cap space on JAGs. They need a bona fide third scorer rather than a caretaker.

tonight...you
10-12-2016, 10:02 PM
Paul and Parker are great friends, Tim is like a big brother to him and he loves Pop as much as anybody. And the Spurs are the only team who could be looking that can make a legit case over LAC. You're right that with LMA the team didn't have to worry about Portland. But I expect the Paul sweepstakes to be LAC, SAS and like Orlando or Detroit. There is not Warriors-like opportunity waiting for him.
We'll see how things unfold, friend.

Chinook
10-12-2016, 10:05 PM
We'll see how things unfold, friend.

Indeed. How the Spurs do this year, and especially how Parker transitions, will play more into the Spurs trying to recruit Paul than anything we've been talking about.

gambit1990
10-12-2016, 10:10 PM
i'll take shaun livingston over george hill and jrue holiday.

tonight...you
10-12-2016, 10:12 PM
Sheee-it. Easily, buddy. Dude's probably hand's off though...

gambit1990
10-12-2016, 10:20 PM
cp3 coming here isn't outlandish.

he's smart and gonna be tired of losing...

him being on team jordan with kawhi and lma isn't gonna make the recruiting process harder.

tonight...you
10-12-2016, 10:21 PM
cp3 coming here isn't outlandish.

he's smart and gonna be tired of losing...

him being on team jordan with kawhi and lma isn't gonna make the recruiting process harder.
Let's just say I ain't counting any chickens and neither should you.

gambit1990
10-12-2016, 10:21 PM
Sheee-it. Easily, buddy. Dude's probably hand's off though...
he'll be a free agent this summer. can golden state keep him? in addition to curry, durant, draymond, klay...

gambit1990
10-12-2016, 10:25 PM
Let's just say I ain't counting any chickens and neither should you.
you know what i'm hoping for? spurs supplant parker with cp3 next season... and tim feels rejuvenated after a season off and makes a return :lol

timtonymanu
10-12-2016, 10:30 PM
Can't wait until he snubs us and we settle for George Hill.

I agree with Chinook that it's closer than we think but I feel like Paul will just want the money and there's still the Parker situation.

dabom
10-12-2016, 10:35 PM
Can't wait until he snubs us and we settle for George Hill.

I agree with Chinook that it's closer than we think but I feel like Paul will just want the money and there's still the Parker situation.

CP3 is good friends with Lebron. You know CP3 WANTS a fucking ring to cement his legacy. You bet he drops 10s of millions to play for the spurs.

Hoops Czar
10-12-2016, 10:39 PM

Not a surprise, but noteworthy nonetheless. The surprise is him saying that he thinks that Paul will be a more difficult re-sign than Griffin.

I think he more than likely re-signs with the Clippers, but this is neither Durant (never had a chance) or Aldridge (seemingly emerged as favorites in early '15). That said, to have a realistic chance, the Spurs would probably not only have to beat them in their presumed WCSF match-up, but at the very least give the Warriors a legit scare in the WCF.

Give another Max contract to another pg on the wrong side of 30? You're better than that TD21.

dabom
10-12-2016, 10:40 PM
Porker aint even in the same class as CP3. :lol

Dude would get the Tim Duncan treatment. And who gives a fuck what happens after 3 years if we can ship twice. :lmao

Hoops Czar
10-12-2016, 10:49 PM
Porker aint even in the same class as CP3. :lol

Dude would get the Tim Duncan treatment. And who gives a fuck what happens after 3 years if we can ship twice. :lmao

CHOKEP3 hasn't even been to a Western Conference finals during his so-called illustrious career let alone an NBA finals. How many rings does Parker have again?

Kawhitstorm
10-12-2016, 10:54 PM
Hill's a JAG. There's no point in using cap space on JAGs. They need a bona fide third scorer rather than a caretaker.

So, Dion Butters?

Good luck getting anyone better than Hill for 12 mill considering 50 yr old Crawford got 3yr/42mill.:lol

Assuming the only major roster moves are Manu retiring & Patty not being re-signed, I'm not sure which free-agent is going to fill the backup guard spot for 12 mill better than Hill. I also wouldn't be opposed to trading Danny for Monta Ellis (http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hky3y89) if Larry Legend is willing to throw in a 1st rd pick.:lol Monta could mitigate the loss of Manu & Hill could replace Danny.

gambit1990
10-12-2016, 10:59 PM
CHOKEP3 hasn't even been to a Western Conference finals during his so-called illustrious career let alone an NBA finals. How many rings does Parker have again?
career stats...
tp: 5.9 apg and .9 spg
cp3: 9.9 apg and 2.3 spg

paul never relied on athleticism nearly as much as parker... he'll age better.

MultiTroll
10-12-2016, 11:02 PM
Screw all these mid 30s overpaid decliners.
Lets get some up and comers who are gonna team with Kwa.

Devin Booker.
Kristaps Porzingis can something sour him on NY and Spurs get his next contract?

Kawhitstorm
10-12-2016, 11:02 PM

Have you seen Jrue Holiday play? Dude was an All-Star at 22 & only injuries have set him back but he's still 26.

Livingston on the other hand was locked up by Dion Waiters & taken out of the WCF series.:lol

gambit1990
10-12-2016, 11:05 PM
Have you seen Jrue Holiday play? Dude was an All-Star at 22 & only injuries have set him back but he's still 26.

Livingston on the other hand was locked up by Dion Waiters & taken out of the WCF series.:lol
i've seen him play. i'll take livingston without blinking twice.

Kawhitstorm
10-12-2016, 11:08 PM
i've seen him play. i'll take livingston without blinking twice.

......then I've got snake oil to sell you.:wakeup

UfKo0N8Cr9o

Ditty
10-12-2016, 11:09 PM
I know he isn't running the day by day operations anymore but his wife is, but I thought he hated Peter Holt because of the lockout back in 2011? :lol

As much as CN hates CP3, because he choked in 2015. I think he has been very good in the preseason for the most part, and would be wonderful with the Spurs.

SAGirl
10-12-2016, 11:29 PM
I don't know how I feel about it this early. I am wary of signing an aging PG to a massive contract, even one who is allegedly going to age gracefully. He's kind of balldominant too. I also feel like money talks. He won't consider himself nearly old and finished enough to be ringchasing and will want a last payday (like Carmelo) b4 he does a Jason Kidd much later in his career and signs somewhere with a real chance.

Anyways, this is too far out in the future for my Nostradamus powers.

gambit1990
10-12-2016, 11:54 PM
......then I've got snake oil to sell you.:wakeup

UfKo0N8Cr9o
with lma and gasol starting... i want the rest of the line up as defensive as possible. livingston is 6'7". and he would be more pass first oriented than holiday.

i think this is manu's last year. would take holiday off the bench. if he can play as good as he looked in that video then i'd take him over parker.

Kawhitstorm
10-13-2016, 12:02 AM
with lma and gasol starting... i want the rest of the line up as defensive as possible. livingston is 6'7". and he would be more pass first oriented than holiday..

Holiday is tallest starting point guard in the league & is very good at getting deflections. Livingston on the other hand is one of the worst 3 point shooters in the league.:lol

MaNu4Tres
10-13-2016, 12:29 AM

Jrue will be the only LEGIT boarderline all-star PG under 30 ala Mike Conley next summer & the Pelicans have said they want to keep him so he's most likely going to get somewhere in the 20mill/per range. Conley basically missed half the season & got 153 mill.

Patty is going to get 8 mill/per offers if he plays well this season so might as well pay Hill 12mill considering he can actually play alongside Porker if Danny is laying bricks.

It's basically something like Patty for 4yr/32mill or Hill for 3yr/36mill.

Dellavadova just got 40 mil over 4 yrs. Pattys market value should net him 10-12 mil per. Hill, on the other hand, will get over 15-18 mil per. IMO

Give me Jrue at anywhere from 18-22 mil per .. tbh

Gasol opting out, Parker getting traded, Manu retiring will free up around 45 million to build a nice nucleus around Kawhi, LA, & Green.

Spurs will have Murray to play back up PG for 10% of Mills' money. They can kick tires with one of the young three guards they brought in this training camp this year to fill in the third PG spot for very cheap too.

They'll likely bring over Hanga to compete for the back up two spot for around the same money Bertans or Simmons received.

Mason Plumlee, Ibaka, Ezeli and Nerlens Noel should all be available -- even though Plumlee and Noel are restricted, they are likely gone as Blazers paid Meyers Leonard and used up a lot of money on Crabbe, Harkless, CJ. Sixers have no plans to re-sign Noel. Ibaka and Ezeli will be unrestricted.

I'd also love Patrick Patterson for the right $ -- he's unrestricted as well.

This is all hypothetical obviously. It's a long shot Gasol opts out, Parker is traded and Manu retires.. that would be the perfect storm in my eyes.

szkorhetz
10-13-2016, 12:49 AM

So was Kawhi...

Kawhitstorm
10-13-2016, 12:52 AM
Dellavadova just got 40 mil over 4 yrs. Pattys market value should net him 10-12 mil per. Hill, on the other hand, will get over 15-18 mil per. IMO

Delly is 25 & got paid b/c Curry made him a household name in the '15 Finals. Hill on the other hand will be 31 & was much maligned when he was in Indiana.

Gasol opting out, Parker getting traded, Manu retiring will free up around 45 million to build a nice nucleus around Kawhi, LA, & Green.

Gasol is most likely opting-in & Porker isn't going anywhere. If anyone gets traded then it's Danny since he's the one with the best trade value.

Kawhitstorm
10-13-2016, 12:55 AM
So was Kawhi...

Kawhi was shutdown to the tune of 23 points on 48% shooting just like Livingston dropping 3 points on a blazing hot 36% clip.:lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-13-2016, 01:02 AM

I have always appreciated Livingston - followed him since his rookie season with the Clips - but that's ridiculous. Holiday is an all-star when healthy, a truly devastating all around PG, and he seems to be over the leg thing. take a look at what he did in the second half of last season.

Hill is a nice combo guard but plays a very different game to Livingston. Not sure why you're comparing them.

As for CP3, he's probably got a few years of prime left, and he would put this team over the top, so you'd have to take a shot at it if he wants to come here. Hopefully a 3 year contract.

MaNu4Tres
10-13-2016, 01:26 AM
Delly is 25 & got paid b/c Curry made him a household name in the '15 Finals. Hill on the other hand will be 31 & was much maligned when he was in Indiana.

Gasol is most likely opting-in & Porker isn't going anywhere. If anyone gets traded then it's Danny since he's the one with the best trade value.

Apparently you don't know what hypothetical means.

And apparently you will stretch anything as far as it needs to in order to justify any of your posts.

dabom
10-13-2016, 01:41 AM
I don't know why spurs fans are keen on trading "trade value". We never trade valuable players. We do like to move bad players though. :lol

DeRozan m8
10-13-2016, 01:59 AM
I just can't see us having room to pay him hey

Chillen
10-13-2016, 03:19 AM
I thought personally Westbrook was worth it for the Spurs, but I think Chris Paul is a very good player and PG, but he will be 32 in 2017, Parker will be 35. The kind of salary Paul will command is it really worth it for just a 3 year age difference between 2 similar PG's? Parker knows the system, Paul would have to learn it. If the Spurs could ink CP3, Parker would have to be traded. I would be more excited if the Spurs could sign CP3 and have Parker come off the bench, but it wouldn't be that way not realistic. Paul would only come here if he would be the main PG for the Spurs.

Just wondering if the Spurs really need this guy, he's almost as old as Parker. He's a better PG than Parker for sure, but Parker is a great PG as well. The thing is though he is the perfect player for the Spurs style of play.

Clipper Nation
10-13-2016, 11:54 AM
Good riddance to bad garbage. Choke Paul is a loser and a cancer.

Horse
10-13-2016, 12:25 PM

Fuck that little faggot. Not only would I never want this pussy to be a Spur, he's no spring chicken.

Horse
10-13-2016, 12:28 PM
Good riddance to bad garbage. Choke Paul is a loser and a cancer.

No you keep this motherfucker

Brazil
10-13-2016, 12:35 PM
Only idiots would not want him as a Spurs outside salary and stuff consideration. Dude is elite, with Kawhi and LMA he would just dominate. Also with Spurs you don't need to cope with his annoying habit to defer when possession is key, you have Kawhi for that.

If Spurs cap enable it, he is definitely worth it.

He is good friend with Tony, Tony will have no issue to give up his starting position... would be great tbh

NameLess Scrub
10-13-2016, 12:49 PM
I thought personally Westbrook was worth it for the Spurs, but I think Chris Paul is a very good player and PG, but he will be 32 in 2017, Parker will be 35. The kind of salary Paul will command is it really worth it for just a 3 year age difference between 2 similar PG's? Parker knows the system, Paul would have to learn it. If the Spurs could ink CP3, Parker would have to be traded. I would be more excited if the Spurs could sign CP3 and have Parker come off the bench, but it wouldn't be that way not realistic. Paul would only come here if he would be the main PG for the Spurs.

Just wondering if the Spurs really need this guy, he's almost as old as Parker. He's a better PG than Parker for sure, but Parker is a great PG as well. The thing is though he is the perfect player for the Spurs style of play.

CP3 is a whining /acting / flopper. I don't like that.

But I think it could be good for the Spurs if he doesn't command a max and Spurs don't have to lose key players. That way the gamble on his age would not be that big IMO, and his game should age better than Parker's (why the heck does spell check correct to Porker's?).

Parker would ideally come from the bench.

I wish people stopped considering a Parker trade in their scenarios. Parker will be a Spur his whole career.

szkorhetz
10-13-2016, 12:56 PM
Kawhi was shutdown to the tune of 23 points on 48% shooting just like Livingston dropping 3 points on a blazing hot 36% clip.:lol
The series shifted when Durant was allowed to rest on Green while either Roberson or Waiters worked on Kawhi.

spursistan
10-13-2016, 01:04 PM
Liking better our chances to land him..Woj doesn't tease for the sake it..He basically called the Durant-to Warriosr back in December when he got a wind of their players/coach tampering with Durbeta..He was the first to call Timmy seriously pondering retirement..

Kawhi + LMA >> dj + Blake..with the Cavs option out f the window, CP3 choice is clear as far as winning a championship as 2nd or 3rd banana, which he will have to concede to eventually like Jason Kidd did with the Mavs....but as TD21 said, we need to beat them should we meet in playoffs..

Chinook
10-13-2016, 01:21 PM
The series shifted when Durant was allowed to rest on Green while either Roberson or Waiters worked on Kawhi.

Roberson guarded Kawhi from Game One. And Green kicked Durant's ass in Game Five.

gambit1990
10-13-2016, 01:32 PM
Holiday is tallest starting point guard in the league & is very good at getting deflections. Livingston on the other hand is one of the worst 3 point shooters in the league.:lol

I have always appreciated Livingston - followed him since his rookie season with the Clips - but that's ridiculous. Holiday is an all-star when healthy, a truly devastating all around PG, and he seems to be over the leg thing. take a look at what he did in the second half of last season.
not saying i wouldn't want him holiday on the team... but livingston would cost less. i'll take livingston + a defensive big over just holiday.

Chillen
10-13-2016, 02:06 PM
Only way CP3 makes sense for the Spurs is if somehow, someway they can keep Parker. Paul will start, Parker off the bench. Not sure how it's possible, but it makes this team better as long as Leonard, Aldridge, Gasol are still on board. Spurs would have the nastiest PG substitution in NBA history, it would be sick, it would drive teams nuts.

alpha_HaZE
10-13-2016, 02:33 PM
Hey would you rather have;

Doc Rivers, Griffin, DeAndre, JJ, and Pierce

Or

Pop, Kawhi, LMA, Danny, Pau, and Tony

Looks like an easy decision to me.

CP3, Danny, Kawhi, LMA and Pau will be as good as any line up.

TD 21
10-13-2016, 05:01 PM
Give another Max contract to another pg on the wrong side of 30? You're better than that TD21.

I never gave my opinion.

For all the obvious reasons, Paul and Parker aren't comparable and I could careless whether he'd be overpaid on the back half of the contract.

Similar to Durant to the Warriors, they'd kill two birds with one stone: Turn themselves back into a legit contender and eliminate a fellow one. The Warriors would still be the favorites, but Spurs would have a 1 in 3 chance and I don't see any other path to that.

Give me Jrue at anywhere from 18-22 mil per .. tbh

Spurs will have Murray to play back up PG for 10% of Mills' money. They can kick tires with one of the young three guards they brought in this training camp this year to fill in the third PG spot for very cheap too.

They'll likely bring over Hanga to compete for the back up two spot for around the same money Bertans or Simmons received.

Mason Plumlee, Ibaka, Ezeli and Nerlens Noel should all be available -- even though Plumlee and Noel are restricted, they are likely gone as Blazers paid Meyers Leonard and used up a lot of money on Crabbe, Harkless, CJ. Sixers have no plans to re-sign Noel. Ibaka and Ezeli will be unrestricted.

I'd also love Patrick Patterson for the right $ -- he's unrestricted as well.

This is all hypothetical obviously. It's a long shot Gasol opts out, Parker is traded and Manu retires.. that would be the perfect storm in my eyes.

I've long been on the Holiday bandwagon, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy for 3 years and you'd be okay with his backups being unproven NBA players? There's a good chance Murray will be in time, but I doubt he's 1 year away from being a rotation player for a contender and the others probably aren't good enough (Forbes isn't even a point guard).

Plumlee might be gone, if they can get an upgrade, but they won't let him walk because of the money they've already spent and with so few teams needing a center, it's unlikely he receives an astronomical offer.

Noel will probably be traded; but if not, they'd match any offer.

Considering what the Magic gave up and their attempt to trying to fast track their re-build, they'll probably pay damn near anything to re-sign Ibaka.

The Raptors love Patterson and vice versa. Given their lack of a starting power forward, as long as they match whatever he's offered, he'd probably stay.

Only idiots would not want him as a Spurs outside salary and stuff consideration. Dude is elite, with Kawhi and LMA he would just dominate. Also with Spurs you don't need to cope with his annoying habit to defer when possession is key, you have Kawhi for that.

If Spurs cap enable it, he is definitely worth it.

He is good friend with Tony, Tony will have no issue to give up his starting position... would be great tbh

I doubt Paul would defer much. He is one of the most controlling, ball dominant players in the league, which is fine given this team's lack of a go to play maker.

Him and Parker are friends, but they can't play together and the Spurs wouldn't demote Parker to a 15 mpg backup or want to pay what he makes for him to fill that role, so he'd obviously have to be salary dumped.

Hey would you rather have;

Doc Rivers, Griffin, DeAndre, JJ, and Pierce

Or

Pop, Kawhi, LMA, Danny, Pau, and Tony

Looks like an easy decision to me.

CP3, Danny, Kawhi, LMA and Pau will be as good as any line up.

Pierce will be retired and Parker would be salary dumped in this scenario.

Spurs couldn't offer significantly better chance of winning and they don't play in L.A. If he signed, it would likely be because he believes that much more in their organization.

Hoops Czar
10-13-2016, 06:17 PM
I never gave my opinion.

For all the obvious reasons, Paul and Parker aren't comparable and I could careless whether he'd be overpaid on the back half of the contract.

Similar to Durant to the Warriors, they'd kill two birds with one stone: Turn themselves back into a legit contender and eliminate a fellow one. The Warriors would still be the favorites, but Spurs would have a 1 in 3 chance and I don't see any other path to that.

No, Paul isn't Parker but it doesn't really matter. The Spurs lack depth. You could make a strong case that the Clippers starting five has been outperformed the Spurs starting five on many levels since 2014 (injuries largely derailed their 2015 campaign) and yet, they have nothing to show for it. So if you're going to pin lack of success on Parker, you'd best think again. ChokeP3, with all that flash and pizzazz has never gotten his team out of the second round of the playoffs. Paul isn't going to change the fact that LMA isn't feared by anyone, Pau is way past his prime and while still effective, isn't the player he used to be (though he'd be a likely casualty of a CP3 signing- KA starting?:lol) and Danny Green still can't hit three's. The Spurs wouldn't be anymore of a championship contender than they were without him.

My best guess is the Clippers will shop Griffin at the trade deadline in an attempt to obtain Paul. And much to everyone's chagrin, Parker isn't going to be traded. Parker would likely come off the bench but there's also Murray waiting in the wings as well.

TD 21
10-13-2016, 06:28 PM
No, Paul isn't Parker but it doesn't really matter. The Spurs lack depth. You could make a strong case that the Clippers starting five has been outperformed the Spurs starting five on many levels since 2014 (injuries largely derailed their 2015 campaign) and yet, they have nothing to show for it. So if you're going to pin lack of success on Parker, you'd best think again. ChokeP3, with all that flash and pizzazz has never gotten his team out of the second round of the playoffs. Paul isn't going to change the fact that LMA isn't feared by anyone, Pau is way past his prime and while still effective, isn't the player he used to be (though he'd be a likely casualty of a CP3 signing- KA starting?:lol) and Danny Green still can't hit three's. The Spurs wouldn't be anymore of a championship contender than they were without him.

My best guess is the Clippers will shop Griffin at the trade deadline in an attempt to obtain Paul. And much to everyone's chagrin, Parker isn't going to be traded. Parker would likely come off the bench but there's also Murray waiting in the wings as well.

But there's no quick fix to replenishing the depth and I'd rather have an all-time great, who's still elite, than depth. '14 was an exception to the rule.

I could literally name anyone outside of James and maybe Curry and idiots would scoff at them, as if the Spurs can pick and choose whoever they want or there's some other path that gives them better odds of winning another championship.

I'm not "pinning it all on Parker". This is about Paul; not some anti Parker shit.

Only in '15 (even then, it took the Spurs being on fumes/banged up and Thunder being decimated by injury) was Paul on a team that should have been in the WCF.

:lmao At Paul supposedly not improving their odds, "no one fears" Aldridge (who's routinely cited by players as the most difficult power forward to guard) and "Green still can't hit threes" (basing it on a small sample size).

They're not going to shop Griffin. By far the most likely outcome, is both, along with Redick re-signing.

alpha_HaZE
10-13-2016, 06:56 PM
Pierce will be retired and Parker would be salary dumped in this scenario.

Spurs couldn't offer significantly better chance of winning and they don't play in L.A. If he signed, it would likely be because he believes that much more in their organization.

Yes, that's a good point!

However, I do believe Spurs will offer significantly better chance of wining because Kawhi is entering his prime whereas Blake might have peaked, and Kawhi is already the better player. And as you mentioned RC and Pop are better than Doc the GM and Doc the coach. Honestly, I think it will boil down to who beats who in the playoffs. If we beat them, I can easily see CP3 joining the Spurs.

boutons_deux
10-13-2016, 07:38 PM
Tim and Paul are apparently very good friends, also Tony.

Hoops Czar
10-13-2016, 07:57 PM
But there's no quick fix to replenishing the depth and I'd rather have an all-time great, who's still elite, than depth. '14 was an exception to the rule.

I could literally name anyone outside of James and maybe Curry and idiots would scoff at them, as if the Spurs can pick and choose whoever they want or there's some other path that gives them better odds of winning another championship.

Without depth, 2012- 2014 doesn't happen.

Only in '15 (even then, it took the Spurs being on fumes/banged up and Thunder being decimated by injury) was Paul on a team that should have been in the WCF.
Don't be a drama queen. Spurs weren't on fumes, they were just beaten. It's not like the Spurs didn't have chances to put that series away. They won two games in LA and completely crapped the bed at home. And if you're talking about winning 14 of 16 to end the season , that's basketball. They dominated the majority of those games and played b2b twice. Nobody on the Spurs averaged over 28 minutes per game.

:lmao At Paul supposedly not improving their odds, "no one fears" Aldridge (who's routinely cited by players as the most difficult power forward to guard) and "Green still can't hit threes" (basing it on a small sample size).

"Perennial first round exit" Aldridge is easily neutralized in the postseason and since when is 1+ years a small sample size for Green?

They're not going to shop Griffin. By far the most likely outcome, is both, along with Redick re-signing.

I did say "shop". If a blockbuster deal comes along, they'd rather part with Griffin and keep Paul. Of course, they're not going to just give Blake away.

Kawhitstorm
10-14-2016, 09:12 AM
Apparently you don't know what hypothetical means.

And apparently you will stretch anything as far as it needs to in order to justify any of your posts.

You are making hypothetical statements about Pop trading Tony when EVERYONE knows that will NEVER happen.:lol

I'm make REALISTIC assumptions & stick w/ it while y'all are eating the pie in the sky.:wakeup

Kawhitstorm
10-14-2016, 09:15 AM

Dumbass, Durant actually started checking Kawhi later on in the series especially in the 4th quarter. Roberson was also on the bench when Waiters was closing the games in the 4th quarter while matched up against Turnobili.

Kawhitstorm
10-14-2016, 09:18 AM
not saying i wouldn't want him holiday on the team... but livingston would cost less. i'll take livingston + a defensive big over just holiday.

Kyle is supposed to grow into Shaun Livingston type of player........:wakeup

dabom
10-14-2016, 09:22 AM
Kyle is supposed to grow into Shaun Livingston type of player........:wakeup

You're fucking stupid. :lmao

Chinook
10-14-2016, 09:27 AM
Dumbass, Durant actually started checking Kawhi later on in the series especially in the 4th quarter. Roberson was also on the bench when Waiters was closing the games in the 4th quarter while matched up against Turnobili.

One of the most famous anti-Kawhi threads last year was about Roberson's comments after Game Two. The idea that a) He wasn't guarding Kawhi early in the series and b) Durant is a better defender than Roberson are insane.

TD 21
10-14-2016, 05:53 PM
Yes, that's a good point!

However, I do believe Spurs will offer significantly better chance of wining because Kawhi is entering his prime whereas Blake might have peaked, and Kawhi is already the better player. And as you mentioned RC and Pop are better than Doc the GM and Doc the coach. Honestly, I think it will boil down to who beats who in the playoffs. If we beat them, I can easily see CP3 joining the Spurs.

Griffin is only 2 years older than Leonard and if he's worse, it's only incrementally.

The Spurs will have to beat them and at least push the Warriors.

Without depth, 2012- 2014 doesn't happen.

Don't be a drama queen. Spurs weren't on fumes, they were just beaten. It's not like the Spurs didn't have chances to put that series away. They won two games in LA and completely crapped the bed at home. And if you're talking about winning 14 of 16 to end the season , that's basketball. They dominated the majority of those games and played b2b twice. Nobody on the Spurs averaged over 28 minutes per game.

"Perennial first round exit" Aldridge is easily neutralized in the postseason and since when is 1+ years a small sample size for Green?

I did say "shop". If a blockbuster deal comes along, they'd rather part with Griffin and keep Paul. Of course, they're not going to just give Blake away.

Again, '12-'14 was the exception to the rule and if you think that situation can be duplicated, you're insane.

They were clearly on fumes that entire season from 3 straight deep runs. Of the top 9, only Duncan, Leonard and Green, had good seasons. Their torrid stretch to close the regular season was mostly due to Leonard's emergence as an elite player and that series was a 5 gamer disguised as a 7 gamer because of the Clippers propensity for late game failure in the playoffs.

As if those Trail Blazers teams were any better than that. Again, you're insane if you don't think you can win a championship with a consensus top 15 player as your 3rd best player.

You said "still" in regards to Green, as if these few preseason games confirm it.

They'll only even consider trading Griffin if they get the sense that he's leaving and that's probably not happening because in both cases they'd be hard pressed to increase their odds at a championship.

gambit1990
10-15-2016, 10:28 AM
from last summer:
http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/37/23/46/8206733/4/920x920.jpg
:hungry:

buttsR4rebounding
10-15-2016, 11:04 AM
Tim and Paul are apparently very good friends, also Tony.

Demon Deacons gotta stick together.

buttsR4rebounding
10-15-2016, 11:06 AM
from last summer:
http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/37/23/46/8206733/4/920x920.jpg
:hungry:

Kawhi branding The Claw. :claw

Kawhitstorm
04-18-2018, 12:21 AM

:hat

MaNu4Tres
04-18-2018, 06:15 AM

Jrue would have been nice.