PDA

View Full Version : Pau: 8 assists/LMA: 1 in 3 preseason games...

spursistan
10-13-2016, 07:30 AM
Aldridge detractors have a point: Offensively, he is your definition of score-first Big..the screens are still weak-sauce (the one he set for Kawhi at the end of 1st half vs Detroit :lmao @ 1:30 below in the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htJecJTOIzk

It is shame that player of his agility doesn't seemingly have the instincts to dish out of his position..Hopefully Pau gets to play more crunch time minutes so our offense won't bog down in ISO-fest..

UNT Eagles 2016
10-13-2016, 07:48 AM
Pau > Duncan at this point, sadly.

Chinook
10-13-2016, 08:02 AM
Pau is a better passer, but LMA's job is to be a finisher, not a facilitator. He probably won't be the high big in a high-low very often.

apalisoc_9
10-13-2016, 10:04 AM
Run through Pau!

I'm telling you man..Aldridge sets the laziest screens both on a pick and roll and just off ball screens.

You can argue he's a finisher, but there is no excuse for poor screens in offball situations when hes not involved in the pick and roll.

The dude doesnt want to contribute outside of scoring.....

#diva #onlycaresifoffenseishim #shittiest screen setter of all time

kaji157
10-13-2016, 10:07 AM
Lma should probably only participate in the last 10-12 seconds of a posession, really he is a good passer, just not awesome, like Kawhi who is also not a very good passer.
The area where LMA is very VERY WEAK at, is Screening.
My god he is shit.
I can put up better screens just because i am not afraid of contact.
Most of his screens he barely touches the defender he is supposed to delay.
I guess Tony, Manu, Patty and DeJounte´s game will get easier just because we now have a good screener in Pau.
But my god, the coaching staff should really improve that area of LA game.

BD24
10-13-2016, 10:40 AM
Run through Pau!

I'm telling you man..Aldridge sets the laziest screens both on a pick and roll and just off ball screens.

You can argue he's a finisher, but there is no excuse for poor screens in offball situations when hes not involved in the pick and roll.

The dude doesnt want to contribute outside of scoring.....

#diva #onlycaresifoffenseishim #shittiest screen setter of all time
Yet you called him a top 10 player prior to last season starting. Funny how that works.

spursistan
10-13-2016, 11:54 AM
Lma should probably only participate in the last 10-12 seconds of a posession, really he is a good passer, just not awesome, like Kawhi who is also not a very good passer.
My god he is shit.
I guess Tony, Manu, Patty and DeJounte´s game will get easier just because we now have a good screener in Pau.

It is embarrassing stuff..Dude is like the anti-Bogut..If Pop still in honeymoon with him, Udoka and others in coaching staff should have already pointed this out by now..

ginobilized
10-13-2016, 12:22 PM
TD and Splitter were two of the greatest screen setters of all time.
It is sad to see Lamarcus in a Spurs uniform when he delivers such underwhelming screens.
His effort and focus seem to be missing. Pop and the coaching staff must have some ways to teach, motivate and have a reward/punishment system for such blatant laziness.

On the other hand, he's often the last player back down the floor. So he's got that going for him. Which is nice.

Mr. Body
10-13-2016, 03:20 PM
Pau is a superior passer. Most players pale in comparison.

mbass
10-13-2016, 04:40 PM
Pau is a superior passer. Most players pale in comparison.

Pau is a wonderful player - we are fortunate to have him. Wish he was 30 years old.

SAGirl
10-13-2016, 05:34 PM
I have actually been super happy with this signing. I like him more than Aldridge I have to admit (though I am in no way critical of LMA). Pau just has a complete team game. He will be a joy to watch all season.

TheGreatYacht
10-13-2016, 05:38 PM
Still putting up points though

YGWHI
10-13-2016, 09:33 PM
My god he is shit.

Every player who tries to score, misses a good screener. Not just P&R ball handlers or drivers, shooters like Danny/Patty suffered the absence of that player in the roster, a lot last season.
Without the space that a good screener provides, the offenses are tougher.

Not sure if Pau is that great at it. Definitely, he's better than LMA in that aspect of the game, but it's not like he excels like other bigs in the league, I wonder if he is ranked high on Set Screen Points Per Chance.

I know that guys mentioned Bogut in the thread, sure, he's really good but I wouldn't forget that his -and Dray's- screens were illegal most possessions.

TD and Splitter were two of the greatest screen setters of all time.
Agree. When media show some plays of 2014 Finals, or I watch videos of those games, everyone can see Splitter's screens effect. Just amazing.

Last season, we missed that type of player, also a true roller guy.

dabom
10-13-2016, 09:42 PM
No one gives a shit about a preseason game faggot. :lmao

benefactor
10-13-2016, 09:46 PM
You suck at understanding basketball, OP

apalisoc_9
10-13-2016, 09:52 PM
Op os actually one of the very few posters that really knows his basketball..

BD24
10-13-2016, 11:25 PM
Op os actually one of the very few posters that really knows his basketball..
What happened to Aldridge being a top 10 player though?

cutewizard
10-14-2016, 10:35 AM
I have actually been super happy with this signing. I like him more than Aldridge I have to admit (though I am in no way critical of LMA). Pau just has a complete team game. He will be a joy to watch all season.

:bobo

:claw

ceperez
10-14-2016, 11:00 AM
Aldridge detractors have a point: Offensively, he is your definition of score-first Big..the screens are still weak-sauce (the one he set for Kawhi at the end of 1st half vs Detroit :lmao @ 1:30 below in the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htJecJTOIzk

It is shame that player of his agility doesn't seemingly have the instincts to dish out of his position..Hopefully Pau gets to play more crunch time minutes so our offense won't bog down in ISO-fest..

Pau - Kawhi two man game.... unstoppable. You don't even need to involve Aldridge.

Chinook
10-14-2016, 11:02 AM
Pau - Kawhi two man game.... unstoppable. You don't even need to involve Aldridge.

Kawhi just needed to wait. Lucky Harris didn't flop and get LMA a foul.

playbonner15
10-14-2016, 11:22 AM
Saw 1 Kawhi pass to Pau that lead to a basket. It's a Kawhi one man game

wildbill2u
10-14-2016, 12:21 PM
Pau has the complete all-around game skills of passing, screening, scoring, rebounding, defense, etc. Plus he just has that high BB IQ that the Spurs love. He may be past his prime, but he is a prime acquisition for the Spurs. He kinda combines the attributes of TD and Diaw.