PDA

View Full Version : Hillay vs Trash: the Turd debate "fair and balanced" with Chris Wallace

boutons_deux
10-13-2016, 08:24 AM
‘Unseemly and illegitimate’: The egregious conflict at the center of the final presidential debate

Two words: Roger Ailes

Multiple media ethics experts told ThinkProgress that the choice raises serious ethical questions.

“Of course there’s a huge conflict of interest if Roger Ailes is advising Donald Trump”

That means the same person who is advising Donald Trump on his debate preparations is also advising the boss of the man hosting it.

“Of course there’s a huge conflict of interest if Roger Ailes is advising Donald Trump,”

“Then if he turns around and he’s advising and consulting with the head of Fox News, Newscorp, Rupert Murdoch, then obviously that’s a huge conflict.”

Fox News has explained away such conflicts by pointing to a “separation” (http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/08/06/what-everyone-watching-republicans-debate-on-fo/204812) between its news and commentary sections.

But several experts in journalism ethics say it’s not that simple.

“As far as appearances go, the relationship between all of these individuals is so closely intertwined that it’s really hard to imagine that there isn’t conflict,”

Chris Wallace does not personally have to be shilling for Trump for there to be an ethical problem.

“Whatever Chris Wallace believes about the mission of the moderator, he knows who writes his checks”

“Roger Ailes is the best boss I’ve had in almost a half a century in journalism. I admired him tremendously professionally, and loved him personally,”

Wallace told the NYT (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/22/business/media/inside-fox-news-there-are-people-in-tears.html?_r=0) shortly after Ailes’ resignation. “I never knew a boss who transmitted a sense of mission, :lol a team of common :lol purpose, more than Roger did.”

“He finds himself in that position of being guilty by association,” said Smith.

“Now, does Chris Wallace represent a conflict of interest? Maybe Chris Wallace as an employee of Fox News doesn’t personally, but he is clearly representing a network that has clear ties and associations with Donald Trump.”

Four people, who insisted on anonymity because they weren’t authorized to discuss the matter, said that Ailes would be helping Trump prepare.

“In recent weeks, Ailes has become one of the most influential voices in the room as Trump prepares for his first head-to-head matchup with Hillary Clinton, on September 26.

Ailes has attended at least two of Trump’s Sunday debate prep sessions in person, sources said, and talks with Trump by phone multiple times a week.”

https://thinkprogress.org/unseemly-and-illegitimate-the-egregious-conflict-at-the-center-of-the-final-presidential-debate-d664e80b2eef#.3e6j4rg81

So, we'll see how Wallace performs. He will be watched closely.

"sense of mission"! :lol Propagandize for Repugs

"team of common purpose"! :lol We ALL Propagandize for Repugs!

DarrinS
10-13-2016, 09:48 AM
^rigged

hitmanyr2k
10-13-2016, 10:48 AM
Chris Wallace pulls punches for nobody regardless of political affiliation. I've always liked him as an interviewer. I'm most likely still skipping the third debate though. The moderator of the 2nd debate was pretty good too and she still couldn't get anything beyond the same rehashed talking points out of either candidate. Hillary will play it safe to keep whatever lead she has and let TrumpZilla in blind rage and desperation try to rain fire on anything and everything in his path.

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/7491/anZP80.gif

Thread
10-13-2016, 11:53 AM
Chris Wallace pulls punches for nobody regardless of political affiliation. I've always liked him as an interviewer. I'm most likely still skipping the third debate though. The moderator of the 2nd debate was pretty good too and she still couldn't get anything beyond the same rehashed talking points out of either candidate. Hillary will play it safe to keep whatever lead she has and let TrumpZilla in blind rage and desperation try to rain fire on anything and everything in his path.

Horseshit. He's just as devious as the next asshole in the line.

ducks
10-13-2016, 12:49 PM
Wallace is the best case for trump but hannity would have been better
Wallace will try to not make the debate about him

clambake
10-13-2016, 12:58 PM

trump and hannity lol

that would turn into "hump"

Spurminator
10-13-2016, 01:11 PM
lol @ Hannity as a debate moderator.

spurraider21
10-13-2016, 01:27 PM
He'd probably refer to her as crooked Hillary on stage

pgardn
10-13-2016, 01:38 PM
Horseshit. He's just as devious as the next asshole in the line.

You have no clue.

He is one guy on FOX who will rip anyone. His Sunday Morning interviews are quite good. If you can't see the difference between Wallace and Hannity just shut it. Stick with your movie reviews and defending Avantepedolyzer.

benefactor
10-13-2016, 01:59 PM
hannity would have been better

http://i.imgur.com/1mEbd3M.gif

Thread
10-13-2016, 02:12 PM
You have no clue.

He is one guy on FOX who will rip anyone. His Sunday Morning interviews are quite good. If you can't see the difference between Wallace and Hannity just shut it. Stick with your movie reviews and defending Avantepedolyzer.

You'd be wise not to do the pedo shit with me, pg.

You've been warned.

Thread
10-13-2016, 02:12 PM

Well of course, you can dish it, but, you cannot take it.

Spurminator
10-13-2016, 02:47 PM
Well of course, you can dish it, but, you cannot take it.

:lol suggesting Hannity is the conservative Lester Holt

DarrinS
10-13-2016, 02:54 PM
Chris Wallace always seemed like a straight shooter to me.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-13-2016, 03:02 PM

Have to love it when someone contradicts themselves in the same sentence.

boutons_deux
10-13-2016, 03:29 PM

He worked for Ailes, Fox pays him. The entire org is rotten shit, as is Ailes, going back to Nixon.

Thread
10-13-2016, 04:23 PM

I'll just bet he does.

Once & again the cold hard fact remains:::we do it to ourselves. Anybody who will agree to a debate under these conditions deserve exactly what they get. Switch it:::Just for shits & giggles tell them we'll debate but Limbaugh will be moderator. They'd tell us to go fuck ourselves. Not us, we charge right in there and then act put out when we're fucked. The Dems never make a mistake. We get Supreme Court appointees,,,LMAO! Aside from Thomas they've all turned Left. That's why the Dems fought tooth & nail to keep Thomas out. They knew. The Dems? They never make a mistake on a Justice. Ever.

spurraider21
10-13-2016, 05:02 PM
I'll just bet he does.

Once & again the cold hard fact remains:::we do it to ourselves. Anybody who will agree to a debate under these conditions deserve exactly what they get. Switch it:::Just for shits & giggles tell them we'll debate but Limbaugh will be moderator. They'd tell us to go fuck ourselves. Not us, we charge right in there and then act put out when we're fucked. The Dems never make a mistake. We get Supreme Court appointees,,,LMAO! Aside from Thomas they've all turned Left. That's why the Dems fought tooth & nail to keep Thomas out. They knew. The Dems? They never make a mistake on a Justice. Ever.
you're an aging, fading group. never the most clever

Thread
10-13-2016, 05:46 PM
you're an aging, fading group. never the most clever

Perhaps, but, I'll never give in. I'll take it to the grave.

pgardn
10-13-2016, 05:54 PM
You'd be wise not to do the pedo shit with me, pg.

You've been warned.

You defend Avante, that's your problem not mine sister.

pgardn
10-13-2016, 06:03 PM
The Dems? They never make a mistake on a Justice. Ever.

When a party turns further and further right it tends to look this way.

The entire Frggn party challenges one another to go further right. "I'm the real conservative, I killed an immigrant."

You have heard of relativity.

Thread
10-13-2016, 11:48 PM
You defend Avante, that's your problem not mine sister.

That's fine. Just don't cross the line, pg.

ElNono
10-14-2016, 12:10 AM
That's fine. Just don't cross the line, pg.

or what, pedo?

ElNono
10-14-2016, 12:12 AM
what you gonna do? chase him around with a parrot on your shoulder?

Reck
10-14-2016, 12:41 AM

Hillary does much better in this format anyway.

She was flat in the town hall with her answers. In this format she can just accuse Donald of being a serial sexual predator all night long and be good.

Thread
10-14-2016, 07:26 AM
or what, pedo?

No, seriously, El, are you still watching your children masturbate?

pgardn
10-14-2016, 07:54 AM
what you gonna do? chase him around with a parrot on your shoulder?

Stalking pirate?

*shudder, goose bumps, piss shivers*