PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Paul Pierce rips Durbeta: "not as hungry and competitive as guys my generation"

spursistan
10-14-2016, 10:28 AM

lefty
10-14-2016, 10:29 AM
Interesting

lefty
10-14-2016, 10:31 AM
Ofcourse he stuck it out, Danny got him KG and Allen

spursistan
10-14-2016, 10:37 AM
the Celtics weren't on the cusp of Championships for near half decade..it is even more damning of Durant who freaking bolted to his conquerors because he realized he couldn't do it even while being that close..

the biggest bitch move in the history of NBA transactions, bar none..

baseline bum
10-14-2016, 10:38 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/044/247/297.png

Fabbs
10-14-2016, 10:42 AM
This.
STFU Pierce.
Retire already.

Venti Quattro
10-14-2016, 10:51 AM
Shut the fuck up wheelchair

The Gemini Method
10-14-2016, 11:01 AM
Shut the fuck up wheelchair He should have been thankful for even having the career he had. Got shanked up in tha club. Could've turned worse for Wellchair Pierce.

Splits
10-14-2016, 11:01 AM
:lol today's NBA

10-14-2016, 11:04 AM

spursistan
10-14-2016, 11:08 AM

apalisoc_9
10-14-2016, 11:13 AM

:lmao

Killakobe81
10-14-2016, 11:14 AM

This.

ambchang
10-14-2016, 12:00 PM
Pierce stuck around the Celtics and didn't go nuclear on demanding a trade. He deserved KG and Allen.

On the other hand, times are changing. You get career sidekicks getting ranked 12th all time because of the number of rings. You can't blame Durant for following suit.

djohn2oo8
10-14-2016, 12:04 PM
Pierce stuck around the Celtics and didn't go nuclear on demanding a trade. He deserved KG and Allen.

On the other hand, times are changing. You get career sidekicks getting ranked 12th all time because of the number of rings. You can't blame Durant for following suit.

Yes you can blame Durant. In his prime he did not want to be the guy anymore because people would say mean things when he loses.

spursistan
10-14-2016, 12:20 PM
Legacy-wise, Durant has forfeited top 15 alltime, much less Top 10, no matter how many rings he wins with GS..

Thread
10-14-2016, 12:31 PM
Lettin' Artest fake a drive to the rim 25 feet from the cylinder 17 June 2010.

Big shot.

ambchang
10-14-2016, 12:49 PM
Yes you can blame Durant. In his prime he did not want to be the guy anymore because people would say mean things when he loses.

That is just the way the world works now. You win a ring, and no matter how you win it, you can talk smack, you get endorsements, you are immortalized. Could Durant have taken it in his hands and gone "old school"? Sure he could, but he doesn't need to, because there isn't a point in doing so because so much has changed. People see Kenny Smith talking smack to Barkley, and there was nothing Barkley can do but take it, so rings speak supreme.

It's a result of a lazy media and ignorant fan base, but the fact is most fans rank players by rings (which is stupid), and the players just follow along.

lefty
10-14-2016, 01:32 PM
the Celtics weren't on the cusp of Championships for near half decade..it is even more damning of Durant who freaking bolted to his conquerors because he realized he couldn't do it even while being that close..

true

UNT Eagles 2016
10-14-2016, 01:54 PM

11000% Agree... for a loooooooooong time the next best player on his team was Antoine Walker or Al Jefferson.

DMC
10-14-2016, 02:11 PM
Russ ran KD out. That's all there is to it. He could never be the man on that team, and he'll not be the man on this one, but at least he could win a ring, and if not the blame will be more diluted.

Clipper Nation
10-14-2016, 02:38 PM
:lmao at Pierce claiming that he "stuck it out." He was demanding a trade in the 2007 offseason right up until the rigged trades happened to make the Celtics competitive again. Before that, he almost got himself traded to the Hornets in 2005 for the pick that became Chris Paul. He was widely known as a selfish chucker, a coach-killer and a cancer during his prime. Hell, he's still selfish now. Instead of retiring after last season like he should have done, he leaves the front office in limbo all summer and then comes back for another year of awful Pierce/Jamal lineups and a retirement tour. But just like all the other salty old players in this league, all he has to do is pander to the old paunchy white sportswriters who still live in the '80s and all is forgiven.

Thread
10-14-2016, 02:39 PM
Russ ran KD out. That's all there is to it. He could never be the man on that team, and he'll not be the man on this one, but at least he could win a ring, and if not the blame will be more diluted.

You're a sorehead because he didn't sign with you.

You can't stand rejection. That big eared kid from overseas leaves & SF gets all depressed and sour over it. Amy leaves and you call her everything but a white woman. Tim leaves and you won't even give him a job. You make him stand on the sidelines during practice in that same tired blue sports jacket over an cockeyed buttoned short sleeve shirt. You don't wear a short sleeve shirt under a sports jacke, then compound it by buttoning it wrong. Christ, get to the top, you see it's wrong. Go back and make right. Not Tim. He puts on those gd brown hushpuppies and drives off.

DMC
10-14-2016, 02:40 PM
PP is going to go on a retirement tour like that other washed up faggot did.

Clipper Nation
10-14-2016, 02:40 PM
Durbeta ran himself out because he's too much of a coward to live up to the responsibilities of his superstar status. He just wants to be an Adam Morrison type of player on a title team, with no pressure or expectations. There's nothing Russ could have said or done to change Durbeta's weakness.

Thread
10-14-2016, 02:41 PM
Durbeta ran himself out because he's too much of a coward to live up to the responsibilities of his superstar status. He just wants to be an Adam Morrison type of player on a title team, with no pressure or expectations. There's nothing Russ could have said or done to change Durbeta's weakness.

You're mad because he didn't sign with you and kiss Pop's white ass.

Leetonidas
10-14-2016, 02:54 PM
:lol Gaymond butthurt over his comments

:cry no one cares what you did we only care about winning :cry

whitemamba
10-14-2016, 04:51 PM
:lmao at Pierce claiming that he "stuck it out." He was demanding a trade in the 2007 offseason right up until the rigged trades happened to make the Celtics competitive again. Before that, he almost got himself traded to the Hornets in 2005 for the pick that became Chris Paul. He was widely known as a selfish chucker, a coach-killer and a cancer during his prime. Hell, he's still selfish now. Instead of retiring after last season like he should have done, he leaves the front office in limbo all summer and then comes back for another year of awful Pierce/Jamal lineups and a retirement tour. But just like all the other salty old players in this league, all he has to do is pander to the old paunchy white sportswriters who still live in the '80s and all is forgiven.

CN going in.

LkrFan
10-14-2016, 05:25 PM

:rollin :lmao :rollin

djohn2oo8
10-14-2016, 06:02 PM
:lol Gaymond butthurt over his comments

:cry no one cares what you did we only care about winning :cry
Grown men don't need to defend other men. He is proving Pierce's point.

Molotov
10-14-2016, 09:05 PM

Killakobe81
10-14-2016, 10:52 PM

Truth nuke

Molotov
10-14-2016, 10:55 PM
Everyone ripping :lol today's NBA, they must be all wrong...that's it.. :lmao

DMC
10-14-2016, 11:51 PM

Actually you're mad because he could financially retire now basically and didn't toe the "superstar" line to please you. If he can get paid playing from the shadows, that's his prerogative. We all want the man who can to do the dance we paid to see but he got the money already and refuses to dance, doesn't really even give a shit. Still, he left because OKC is a losing proposition even when they had Harden.

DMC
10-14-2016, 11:52 PM
Everyone ripping :lol today's NBA, they must be all wrong...that's it.. :lmao
Sup Cessation.

Molotov
10-15-2016, 01:59 AM
Sup Cessation.

Who's that?

Spurtacular
10-15-2016, 03:27 PM
Pierce is right. Haters gonna hate.

SAGirl
10-15-2016, 06:47 PM
Draymond and Pierce back at each other over Durant. Draymond defending Durant.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/10/14/13284116/draymond-green-paul-pierces-criticism-kevin-durant-golden-state-warriors

LkrFan
10-16-2016, 09:46 AM

But if he signed with a certain 67-win team it would have been all good. :rolleyes

midnightpulp
10-17-2016, 11:33 PM
Pierce probably shouldn't be the one to throw stones, but his essential point is correct. Athletes across all sports aren't as fiercely competitive as they once were. The amount of money and the "brand" an athlete creates for himself have superceded winning and sporting legacy. Furthermore, players are too buddy-buddy on social media now for any real player rivalry to emerge.

Duncan was the last of 'em. The way he kind of just shunned Kirby when every player was being PC with their comments during his retirement tour was a perfect example of that old school competitive mentality that hated rivals.

I think Kawhi might have it in him, too. I remember during the 2014 Finals, when asked about Lebron, he said, "Lebron is a good player. I'm just gonna stay in front of him and play my game." Most players would gush with a response like, "Well, he's an all-time great, the best player in the league, but I'm up for the challenge." Kawhi just played it off like it was no big deal.

Thread
10-17-2016, 11:39 PM
Pierce probably shouldn't be the one to throw stones, but his essential point is correct. Athletes across all sports aren't as fiercely competitive as they once were. The amount of money and the "brand" an athlete creates for himself have superceded winning and sporting legacy. Furthermore, players are too buddy-buddy on social media now for any real player rivalry to emerge.

Duncan was the last of 'em. The way he kind of just shunned Kirby when every player was being PC with their comments during his retirement tour was a perfect example of that old school competitive mentality that hated rivals.

I think Kawhi might have it in him, too. I remember during the 2014 Finals, when asked about Lebron, he said, "Lebron is a good player. I'm just gonna stay in front of him and play my game." Most players would gush with a response like, "Well, he's an all-time great, the best player in the league, but I'm up for the challenge." Kawhi just played it off like it was no big deal.

Excellent, top shelf until you tossed Duncan & Kobe into it.

Couldn't resist, eh? Fuckin' shame.

Damn you, Midst. You come so close.

midnightpulp
10-17-2016, 11:43 PM
Excellent, top shelf until you tossed Duncan & Kobe into it.

Couldn't resist, eh? Fuckin' shame.

Damn you, Midst. You come so close.

There was no slight to Kobe there, Cub.

You'd never hear Russell fete Wilt, West fete Havilcek, Jordan fete Magic, etc.

Kobe didn't fete Duncan, either. "He was Shaq's rival, not mine."

Thread
10-18-2016, 10:34 AM
There was no slight to Kobe there, Cub.

You'd never hear Russell fete Wilt, West fete Havilcek, Jordan fete Magic, etc.

Kobe didn't fete Duncan, either. "He was Shaq's rival, not mine."

Oh, no, of course it wasn't.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-18-2016, 06:40 PM
agreed, Durbeta is a soft pussy

spursistan
10-25-2016, 01:58 PM
Kevin Durant on narrative that this era isn't competitive enough: "I disagree. In between the lines, we're just as competitive. I don't know about that other stuff they're talking about. I don't know what they're trying to say, but if you step on the court with anyone of us, we're going to go at you and that's how it is."

spursistan
10-27-2016, 03:54 PM

Old schoolers corroborate this POV :tu..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zW2r89_cRI

spursistan
05-31-2017, 05:18 PM

:lmao..

DMC
05-31-2017, 05:30 PM
The same Pierce who had to have KG and Ray Allen join him in Boston? That Paul Pierce?

DMC
05-31-2017, 05:31 PM

Amy started it. She was friends with everyone it seems.

hitmanyr2k
05-31-2017, 05:31 PM
Funny analogy by Pierce. Durant can shut everyone up with a great series though. In the end when it's all said and done people only remember the winning.

lefty
05-31-2017, 05:48 PM

:lmao..

:lol tbh

baseline bum
05-31-2017, 05:53 PM
Funny analogy by Pierce. Durant can shut everyone up with a great series though. In the end when it's all said and done people only remember the winning.

No way, I'll never forget he left what should have been a title team. You think anyone would forget if Jordan joined the Pistons?

Clipper Nation
05-31-2017, 06:02 PM
LeGOAT has won multiple championships and people still won't stop nitpicking him to shreds. 2011 still gets brought up on a daily basis even now. Needless to say, nobody is ever going to forget about Durbeta's bitch move.

daslicer
05-31-2017, 06:11 PM

Disagree Lebron is still hated on by people for the championships he won in Miami. They are still a large number of people who don't respect him even after the Cavs championship and say he just won because he formed a super team. Back in the day you would have been right but in the social media age this will never be forgotten.

baseline bum
05-31-2017, 06:24 PM
Disagree Lebron is still hated on by people for the championships he won in Miami. They are still a large number of people who don't respect him even after the Cavs championship and say he just won because he formed a super team. Back in the day you would have been right but in the social media age this will never be forgotten.

LeBron left a dogshit Cavs team though. I mean no gives Barkley crap for forcing his way out of Philly when they put a crap supporting cast around him, so it bullshit they'd trash James for leaving. But Durbeta man, he left a team that should be competing for titles every single year. That was some bitch shit and I can't think of any parallel. And then Kareem actually left a really good Bucks team to play on a garbage Lakers team.

DMC
05-31-2017, 06:28 PM
Boiled down Lebron joined two other all stars and they brought in Ray Allen for a 4th HOFer. Not much different than one guy joining two HOFers (Steph and Klay tbh).

daslicer
05-31-2017, 06:39 PM
LeBron left a dogshit Cavs team though. I mean no gives Barkley crap for forcing his way out of Philly when they put a crap supporting cast around him, so it bullshit they'd trash James for leaving. But Durbeta man, he left a team that should be competing for titles every single year. That was some bitch shit and I can't think of any parallel. And then Kareem actually left a really good Bucks team to play on a garbage Lakers team.

I never said anything against Lebron going to Miami. I didn't blame him at the time for going to Miami since he didn't have a legit supporting cast on the Cavs during his first stint there. I don't need a history lesson on what went down with Lebron since I have been on record saying a bunch of times that I wasn't against what he did. I was just stating the views that a large group of people still have about Lebron and how winning hasn't changed or wiped away those views completely.

I'm however against what Durant did since he had a team that was more then capable of winning it all and went to a team that he should have beaten last year. This would have been like Duncan deciding to sign with the Lakers after '02 or Magic signing with the Celtics after '84 or Jordan signing with the Pistons after '90. Durant was on the cusp of winning it all last year and choked it away. I have never seen player bail on his team when they are right on the verge of winning a championship. If he stayed with OKC they would have been the favorites to win it all this year. Biggest chicken shit move of all time.

FkLA
05-31-2017, 07:28 PM
Boston's Big 3 weren't in their athletic prime and hadn't won anything on their own. They also didn't come together via free agency. The Heat weren't the Heatles until LeBron jumped on board. GS already had a title, two Finals appearances, and a 73-win RS without Durbeta.

No other move by any player is comparable.

hitmanyr2k
05-31-2017, 10:27 PM
No way, I'll never forget he left what should have been a title team. You think anyone would forget if Jordan joined the Pistons?

That's true but at the same time you never know how these Finals could shake out. If Durant comes up huge and has a Finals for the ages while Klay keeps up his sub-par play and Curry's play takes the usual dip on the big stage it may go a long way to squash some of that criticism, not all but some. If GS wins big and Durant is just along for the ride yeah he's going to get shit on non-stop lol.

coachmac87
05-31-2017, 11:04 PM
Boston's Big 3 weren't in their athletic prime and hadn't won anything on their own. They also didn't come together via free agency. The Heat weren't the Heatles until LeBron jumped on board. GS already had a title, two Finals appearances, and a 73-win RS without Durbeta.

No other move by any player is comparable.

Hit the nail on the head.....

baseline bum
05-31-2017, 11:21 PM
That's true but at the same time you never know how these Finals could shake out. If Durant comes up huge and has a Finals for the ages while Klay keeps up his sub-par play and Curry's play takes the usual dip on the big stage it may go a long way to squash some of that criticism, not all but some. If GS wins big and Durant is just along for the ride yeah he's going to get shit on non-stop lol.

If Durant wants to be remembered for his 2017 Finals performance he has to lose. This is Curry's team.