PDA

View Full Version : How much is too much to get Nerlens Noel?

TrainOfThought5
10-15-2016, 09:46 AM
Im willing to give up a combination of any two players not named Kawhi, and LMA.

Im willing to give up to two years of non consecutive first round picks.

Id consider giving them Becky Hammon.

Chinook
10-15-2016, 11:34 AM
Why on Earth?

cd98
10-15-2016, 11:53 AM
Do we have any evidence that Nerlens Noel is any good? Or that he can be healthy and play 30 minutes a game?

Obstructed_View
10-15-2016, 12:24 PM
Didn't their newest draft pick just break a foot? The price just went up, and it was probably too much as it is. That said, They really wanted Manu...

Spurtacular
10-15-2016, 12:42 PM
Whatever the 76ers are asking is almost certainly too much.

TheGreatYacht
10-15-2016, 02:14 PM
Give them Manu and whoever else they want (not named Aldridge and Parker)

baseline bum
10-15-2016, 02:33 PM
The Spurs don't need a bigman right now, they need a point guard.

NameLess Scrub
10-15-2016, 02:40 PM
Are the 76ers hiring guys with hammers to randomly smash their top picks' feet?

Obstructed_View
10-15-2016, 03:10 PM
The Spurs don't need a bigman right now, they need a point guard.

Manu's probably as good a point guard as the Spurs have.

sananspursfan21
10-15-2016, 04:15 PM
All defense, no offense. At what point is it no longer worth it when there is virtually no offensive tools? There are several bigs that defend just as well that can at least put the ball in the hoop every now and again. I know the shot blocking is sexy, especially to us who've watched some of the greatest defensive teams to play the game in the Duncan era, but that's it. Seriously. That's it.

Edit: He can rebound too. Not at all worth the presumed asking price though

SAGirl
10-15-2016, 04:16 PM
Jeeeezzzzus what an exxageration.

TrainOfThought5
10-15-2016, 04:26 PM
Hes already had career high games of 24 points (against Unibrow) and a high of 30 against another team last year. Hes young but he can play.

Cklbmk
10-15-2016, 05:37 PM
Patty Mills and Kyle Anderson for Noel.

Brett Brown wants his Aussies and kyle can be their 6th man

Noels contract situation and public questioning of the 76ers makes his value semi low.

Patty fits Ben Simmons like wow

Russ
10-17-2016, 08:28 PM
Anyone but Leonard (and Pao and LMA for PR reasons) should be available.

No way the Spurs get Noel for the names previously mentioned here.

Chinook
10-17-2016, 10:21 PM
No way the Spurs get Noel for the names previously mentioned here.

While that's probably true given where the Sixers are as a team, you're massively overrating Noel. He wouldn't even be a starter on the Spurs. Under no circumstances should any top-six player be the main piece in a deal for him. There's a reason he hasn't been traded, and it's not because Philly wants to keep him long term.

waisman
10-17-2016, 11:25 PM
at least , manu or gasol .

waisman
10-17-2016, 11:37 PM
Mils fit salary and worth ...
but mils trade is loss .

Spurs9
10-17-2016, 11:41 PM
Give them Manu and whoever else they want (not named Aldridge and Parker)

This

SAGirl
10-17-2016, 11:58 PM
I don't have the answer to this. I wouldn't give up too much for him and Spurs don't have assets that are both interesting and that they can spare. They need to spend in a quality guard next, not deplete their guard depth for a young but soon overpriced center.

I am with Chinook I guess in that I wouldn't give up any of the top 6 rotation players and I don't think he helps the Spurs where they currently need it most either.

HarlemHeat37
10-18-2016, 10:47 PM
According to the reports I've heard on several podcasts(Lowe, Arnovitz, Simmons, etc), every team in the league knows that the Sixers are desperate to trade Noel and/or Okafor, so they haven't received a single decent offer..might be the most egregious case of low-balling in recent history, tbh..

Kawhitstorm
10-18-2016, 11:35 PM
According to the reports I've heard on several podcasts(Lowe, Arnovitz, Simmons, etc), every team in the league knows that the Sixers are desperate to trade Noel and/or Okafor, so they haven't received a single decent offer..might be the most egregious case of low-balling in recent history, tbh..

Suns making it known they wanted to move Isaiah Thomas ASAP & getting peanuts for him is right up there.:lol

T Park
10-19-2016, 12:07 AM
The Isaiah Thomas signing literally got people fired.

MaNu4Tres
10-19-2016, 12:27 AM

Whenever a team mistakenly shows their hand that they want to trade a player or if a player publicy says he wants out...it always gives all the other 29 teans the most leverage in negotiations. The other 29 teams will low ball all day til the day of the trade deadline, when the team needing to part with a player has their back against the wall.

Its a reason why Spurs were only able to get Will Perdue for Prime Rodman.

Its why Spurs would never admit the truth about a rumor or come out publicy with the information. They are smarter than that.

Russ
10-19-2016, 10:17 PM
LMA for Okafor. It would take some other salaries to work but it would secure the next ten years. :)