PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A: MELO > Kawhi

BillMc
10-16-2016, 05:22 PM
Stephen A Smith thinks A) Kawhil can't score in the playoffs and B) Melo is a better player than Kawhi. He says offensively Melo is more gifted but even factoring defense he would not "take" Kawhi over Melo when listing off the top 15 players in the league.

Starts about 3:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5GuleK86dU

Not only would I take Kawhi over Melo, I'd take LMA.

I'd take Pau and Tony too, if they were the same age as Melo.

Stephen A, ignoring that they are discussing Slam Magazine's overall rankings, seems to want to reduce it to offense skills only.

Yeah, yeah, Stephen A is an idiot. But slow news day....

TheGreatYacht
10-16-2016, 05:32 PM
Struggling for ratings tbh

BillMc
10-16-2016, 05:34 PM

Truth.

Austin_Toros
10-16-2016, 05:37 PM
Melo has been overrated his whole career tbh.

Spur|n|Austin
10-16-2016, 05:51 PM
SAS has always been a joke, no change there. His latest "insight" is almost as comical as his past 6 Finals predictions (http://www.complex.com/sports/2016/06/stephen-a-smith-incorrectly-predicting-outcomes-last-6-nba-finals).

Chillen
10-16-2016, 06:07 PM
The Knicks have been pretty bad in recent years with Melo, but with a healthy Rose, Noah, Porzingis and Hornacek as HC, not making the playoffs would be really embarrassing for him. I'd take Kwahi over Melo anyday, Leonard has a ring, proven winner.

HarlemHeat37
10-16-2016, 06:13 PM
His job is to get views and he's the best in the business at it, tbh..only Bayless is on the same level..

Kawhitstorm
10-16-2016, 06:15 PM
Kawhi can't score in the playoffs b/c he averaged 23 on 48% shooting in his 5th season?:lol

Melo in his 5th season got outplayed by Luke Walton: http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2008-nba-western-conference-first-round-nuggets-vs-lakers.html

SAGirl
10-16-2016, 06:47 PM
It was bound to happen. They have been critical of all sorts of superstars, Durant, Westbrook, Lebron, etc, you name it. Now it's time for Kawhi to be put under fire. Comes with the territory of being a star player.

apalisoc_9
10-16-2016, 07:12 PM

Pretty much.

Skip leaving destroyed their perfect chemsitry.

Unless, your average fan evolves...Smith and other entertainers will will milk the shit out of their schtick.

RD2191
10-16-2016, 07:36 PM
Melo can't even make the Conference Finals in the east. Now that's a joke.

YGWHI
10-16-2016, 08:00 PM
Sure, he "can't score" in playoffs...Clown

http://i.imgur.com/7qpp73L.jpg

spurs10
10-16-2016, 08:03 PM
Sure, he "can't score" in playoffs...Clownhttp://i.imgur.com/ObReBhG.jpgImpressive!

MaNu4Tres
10-16-2016, 08:13 PM
Nobody here cares what Stephen A says or does. Never seen an attention whore be so good at it...

I thought this was already established?

Solid D
10-16-2016, 08:24 PM
It's probably a bit, as Harlem and others have suggested...but Carmelo is his boy. Stephen A. is from NYC and Melo was born in Brooklyn.

Dex
10-16-2016, 08:36 PM
Watched about 15 seconds and couldn't listen to his fucking drivel anymore.

You'd get a better opinion from some kid on the street tbh.

TD 21
10-16-2016, 08:43 PM
It's probably a bit, as Harlem and others have suggested...but Carmelo is his boy. Stephen A. is from NYC and Melo was born in Brooklyn.

Nah, it's more so the latter. Also, his limited and antiquated understanding of the game and guys like Leonard and Griffin not fitting his ignorant stereotypical version of how a "black" man is supposed to look, sound and act.

Spurtacular
10-16-2016, 08:55 PM
Stephen A. is the apalisoc_9 of ESPN (cept SA has an actual personality).

spurs10
10-16-2016, 08:56 PM
Stephen A Smith thinks A) Kawhil can't score in the playoffs and B) Melo is a better player than Kawhi. He says offensively Melo is more gifted but even factoring defense he would not "take" Kawhi over Melo when listing off the top 15 players in the league.

Starts about 3:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5GuleK86dU

Not only would I take Kawhi over Melo, I'd take LMA.

I'd take Pau and Tony too, if they were the same age as Melo.

Stephen A, ignoring that they are discussing Slam Magazine's overall rankings, seems to want to reduce it to offense skills only.

Yeah, yeah, Stephen A is an idiot. But slow news day.... I wonder if Melo is as unhappy being ranked #15 as NY is in paying him all that money to watch him get his butt kicked year after year. Toss up maybe?

cutewizard
10-16-2016, 09:03 PM
What an idiot that man is

KAHWI IS FINALS MVP, enough said

cutewizard
10-16-2016, 09:04 PM
Kawhi is going to beat the hell out of the knicks the first time they meet this season

SPURt
10-16-2016, 09:09 PM
Stephen A is living proof anal can lead to pregnancy

Spurtacular
10-16-2016, 09:20 PM
I wonder if Melo is as unhappy being ranked #15 as NY is in paying him all that money to watch him get his butt kicked year after year. Toss up maybe?

Apalisoc_9 sock. I know you're too stupid to get that the Knicks are banking on him.

spurs10
10-16-2016, 09:26 PM
Apalisoc_9 sock. I know you're too stupid to get that the Knicks are banking on him. Yeah you're right they don't care about actually winning basketball games. They are really banking when their season is over in mid April.

Spurtacular
10-16-2016, 09:28 PM

Melo shot 28 FG and looked like sh** in two games vs. Kawhi last season. And I recall the reports that the stats were only that good b/c of times that Kawhi was not on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-oRaVv4DKQ

daslicer
10-16-2016, 09:34 PM

This. Since losing Skip the show has gone down the toilet. Skip was equally as crazy as SAS and usually gave counterpoints for almost every topic on that show. Kellerman pretty much agrees with SAS about 90 percent of the time which makes the show dull and boring.

JohnnyMax
10-16-2016, 09:38 PM
melo has not done anything in 3 seasons

Spurtacular
10-16-2016, 11:25 PM
Yeah you're right they don't care about actually winning basketball games. They are really banking when their season is over in mid April.

Grow up and learn about how money speaks in this world.

spurs10
10-17-2016, 12:19 AM
Grow up and learn about how money speaks in this world. :lol Pretty weak...even for you. I'm a Spurs fan and I like to see my team win. How much someone other than myself gets paid is inconsequential. No one will ever question that Melo was well paid in his career. It's the winning in the NBA that has eluded him. Some athletes are naturally competitive- like Kawhi Leonard. They don't show up for training camp overweight just because they got paid. Good luck with your delusional thinking that losing is okay as long as you're getting paid. Integrity and determination- they're noble traits. Good thing you aren't on our team! :lol

From Downtown
10-17-2016, 12:21 AM
I'd take Paul George over Melo

spurs10
10-17-2016, 12:27 AM
I'd take Paul George over Melo He plays hard. He plays to win. :ihit

gilmor
10-17-2016, 01:59 AM
I will take Peter Sagan

Spurtacular
10-17-2016, 02:12 AM
:lol Pretty weak...even for you. I'm a Spurs fan and I like to see my team win. How much someone other than myself gets paid is inconsequential. No one will ever question that Melo was well paid in his career. It's the winning in the NBA that has eluded him. Some athletes are naturally competitive- like Kawhi Leonard. They don't show up for training camp overweight just because they got paid. Good luck with your delusional thinking that losing is okay as long as you're getting paid. Integrity and determination- they're noble traits. Good thing you aren't on our team! :lol

Yea, you either moved the goalposts or can't follow a train of thought (probably the latter). So, nice try on that "Pretty weak...even for you" sh**, dumb ass. We weren't talking about Melo's achievements or lack thereof. If you need to research the Knicks financials and how much they've improved in the Melo area go ahead. After that, stfu when you see all those zeroes.

JohnnyMax
10-17-2016, 02:34 AM
Kawhi vs (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&hint=Kawhi+Leonard&player_id1_select=Kawhi+Leonard&player_id1=leonaka01&hint=Carmelo+Anthony&player_id2_select=Carmelo+Anthony&player_id2=anthoca01) Carmelo last season. Check the FG%.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2nlg5c3.png

spurs10
10-17-2016, 03:00 AM
Yea, you either moved the goalposts or can't follow a train of thought (probably the latter). So, nice try on that "Pretty weak...even for you" sh**, dumb ass. We weren't talking about Melo's achievements or lack thereof. If you need to research the Knicks financials and how much they've improved in the Melo area go ahead. After that, stfu when you see all those zeroes. What does 'all those zeroes' have to do with anything relevant to his standing in Slam Magazine? Your 'train of thought' went, as usual, into something completely irrelevant to his standing in the magazine. Again NYK 'banking' is not in question. The Lakers will continue to bank....and lose. I simply find his being "unhappy" with his standing in an insignificant poll amusing because the FO office might be a little bit pissed off about not making the playoffs for the last three years. I never said a word about the finances of NYK. I suggested they might have expected more from him considering the money they are paying him. Again, not suggesting they have lost money having him on their team.

Are you a young kid? Not trying to be insulting, but you sound like a kid.

Mal
10-17-2016, 04:43 AM
Won`t start this crap. Clearly clicks/views baiting.

TheMulletMan3000
10-17-2016, 05:29 AM
Anything else>Stephen A

Brazil
10-17-2016, 06:23 AM
:lmao

Spur|n|Austin
10-17-2016, 09:48 AM
Ha wow, that Jimmer dude even picking fights with the mellow spurs10

Leonardpart6
10-17-2016, 10:31 AM
Stephen A. Smith will occasionally make inflammatory statements as a means to get ratings. In my opinion, the vast majority of his idiotic "takes" are really an attempt to stay on the rightside of Jesus. He wants to be able to walk into a locker room, interview, press conference, or party and be greeted as a friend. He wants access to superstars so that they can come on his show and say nothing of note. The guy is a sycophant. Kawhi doesn't give interviews and isn't going to many events. Smith isn't interested in a player like that.

spurs10
10-17-2016, 12:15 PM
Ha wow, that Jimmer dude even picking fights with the mellow spurs10 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17780) :toast Yeah he's been very cross since Jimmer left. :lol

DJR210
10-17-2016, 12:37 PM
I think the real question here should be when both Kellerman and Stephen A. will be Fox employees

TheChillFactor
10-17-2016, 12:44 PM
Kawhi ate him alive at MSG last year.

GSH
10-17-2016, 12:49 PM
Stephen A Smith is the black Howard Cosell. The guy everybody loves to hate. It doesn't have to make sense, and it doesn't have to be based on anything. It just has to piss a lot of people off, and make them tune in so they can yell at the screen. And he laughs all the way to the bank. Worrying about what he says is like getting upset at the groundhog on Groundhog Day.

Spurtacular
10-17-2016, 01:01 PM
What does 'all those zeroes' have to do with anything relevant to his standing in Slam Magazine? Your 'train of thought' went, as usual, into something completely irrelevant to his standing in the magazine. Again NYK 'banking' is not in question. The Lakers will continue to bank....and lose. I simply find his being "unhappy" with his standing in an insignificant poll amusing because the FO office might be a little bit pissed off about not making the playoffs for the last three years. I never said a word about the finances of NYK. I suggested they might have expected more from him considering the money they are paying him. Again, not suggesting they have lost money having him on their team.

Are you a young kid? Not trying to be insulting, but you sound like a kid.

They might have hoped for more; but they would've gotten rid of him long ago if being a competitive basketball team was a high priority is the point. That's what all the zeroes are about. In fact, from a purely basketball standpoint, they knew they were overpaying; just like the Spurs knew they were underpaying with Kawhi.

"Are you a young kid? Not trying to be insulting, but you sound like a kid." :lmao You are sh** troll with sh** takes, tbh.

Spurtacular
10-17-2016, 01:02 PM
Arguing with Apolosic or Dabom is like playing chess with a pigeon: You know that sooner or later they're just going to shit on the board and pretend they won.

I own that troll. He blocked me on both those accounts, I owned him so much. Dude's my bitch. I still own him on his other troll accounts like spurs10.

FkLA
10-17-2016, 02:14 PM
He's catering to his audience. He's basically the spokesman for all the loud, ghetto people who are more concerned with fancy things like crossovers and dunks than helping your team win.

Chris
10-17-2016, 02:26 PM

Yup, Skip and Shannon is far more entertaining than that blowhard antagonizer Stephen A. Smith.

Chris
10-17-2016, 02:27 PM
Stephen A is living proof anal can lead to pregnancy

:lol

tholdren
10-17-2016, 05:31 PM

LOL - terrible reasoning.

Melo is similar to KL = they are both not legitimate #1s to build around. I would take KL easily over Melo.

wildcardX
10-17-2016, 06:42 PM
Stephen A Smith is a wannabe Samuel L Jackson. Needs to use the middle initial in his name, always angry when talking, partnered with a white dude most of the time. He just doesn't have to coolness factor, not a Spurs fan, and can't make excellent use of the word Motherfucker.

MultiTroll
10-17-2016, 08:49 PM
Stephen A Smith thinks ....
http://structuredsettlements.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c520753ef01053658d81d970c-pi

Not directed at you Bill, like you said slow news day.
However in the future please try to not post anything about Steven A Smith said....:lol