LOL Jon Oliver...:lol

baseline bum
10-17-2016, 11:19 AM
LOL Jon Oliver...:lol

:cry If only it was James O'Keefe :cry

Chucho
10-17-2016, 12:53 PM
:cry If only it was James O'Keefe :cry

At least OKeefe doesn't need 20-30 Jew writers to make his obvious bias so unfunny.

Oliver is worse than Maher, except Maher talks like he isn't a pussy off camera and flip flops every other day...LOL HBO hosts...

spurraider21
10-17-2016, 01:24 PM
Oliver is pretty hit and miss but overall he's funny imo. Love his interview with Snowden

ducks
10-17-2016, 01:29 PM
:lol Printing money to cancel out student loan debt
:lol 28% sales tax

Clinton wants higher tax

spurraider21
10-17-2016, 01:33 PM
Clinton wants higher tax
For people making 250k

baseline bum
10-17-2016, 02:04 PM
At least OKeefe doesn't need 20-30 Jew writers to make his obvious bias so unfunny.

Oliver is worse than Maher, except Maher talks like he isn't a pussy off camera and flip flops every other day...LOL HBO hosts...

But how many Jew lawyers did O'Keefe need to get out of that felony charge?

ducks
10-17-2016, 02:16 PM
For people making 250k
how are those people going to pay you more money

FuzzyLumpkins
10-17-2016, 02:21 PM

You mean like the racist who impersonates minorities to make his obvious bias so obvious?

Chucho
10-17-2016, 02:46 PM
You mean like the racist who impersonates minorities to make his obvious bias so obvious?

Not an O'Keefe fan, but I wont let one douche get a pass, specifically because the Jew writers are just feeding the talking head.m Oliver is the opinion of the Left wingnut idiot savants.

Chucho
10-17-2016, 02:52 PM

Also, no worse than your deplorable party sending racial manipulation instructions to members of the party, but what does that matter when we are talking about a guy who impersonates the races being, admitted by the DNC, much worse than the elected officials that send instruction on how to control and pander to the races they are enslaving but lying to their faces so we can cultivate votes. You and your party are just disgusting with the acts y'all commit.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-17-2016, 02:57 PM
Also, no worse than your deplorable party sending racial manipulation instructions to members of the party, but what does that matter when we are talking about a guy who impersonates the races being, admitted by the DNC, much worse than the elected officials that send instruction on how to control and pander to the races they are enslaving but lying to their faces so we can cultivate votes. You and your party are just disgusting with the acts y'all commit.

In 2008 I primaried McCain and column voted libertarian.
In 2012 I primaried Paul and column voted libertarian.

This take of yours is almost as dumb as your race masquerading.

spurraider21
10-17-2016, 04:41 PM
how are those people going to pay you more money
As long as they pay uncle sam their fair share I'll worry about myself

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2016, 05:04 PM
In 2008 I primaried McCain and column voted libertarian.
In 2012 I primaried Paul and column voted libertarian.

This take of yours is almost as dumb as your race masquerading.

It's not very libertarian to advocate attacking the Russians in Syria...:lol...you demonstrate again you are totally full of shit.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-17-2016, 05:16 PM
It's not very libertarian to advocate attacking the Russians in Syria...:lol...you demonstrate again you are totally full of shit.

I never advocated attacking Russian assets.

I never said I was a libertarian. I just described how I don't vote democrat.

Strategic voting is a difficult concept for you apparently. My political goal is the end of the two party system. I have no party.

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2016, 05:29 PM
I never advocated attacking Russian assets.

I never said I was a libertarian. I just described how I don't vote democrat.

Strategic voting is a difficult concept for you apparently. My political goal is the end of the two party system. I have no party.

:lmao

oh yeah, you really made a big difference voting for Ron Paul...:lmao

ducks
10-17-2016, 05:54 PM
As long as they pay uncle sam their fair share I'll worry about myself

what is my fair share?

spurraider21
10-17-2016, 06:04 PM
what is my fair share?
pm me your tax returns i'll let you know

FuzzyLumpkins
10-17-2016, 06:46 PM
:lmao

oh yeah, you really made a big difference voting for Ron Paul...:lmao

That was not my point. My point is that claiming that "my party" is the democrats is baseless nonsense. If you want want to preach that voting is worthless you go ahead with your fat self.

Overall though this is really cute in light of you sending PMs and asking people to be nicer around here last month. Your butthurt just shines on through.

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2016, 07:02 PM
You are the one claiming to vote libertarian while wanting to war hawk on Syria. Just pointing out the obvious.

z0sa
10-17-2016, 07:10 PM
You are the one claiming to vote libertarian while wanting to war hawk on Syria. Just pointing out the obvious.

Obtuse much? A viable third party is the catalyst for bringing attention to the issue.

spurraider21
10-17-2016, 07:24 PM
even if third party chances are fruitless, even the concept of a "protest vote" is a thing... when a third party gets a significant enough of votes to disrupt the 2 on top, it is a wake up call to the parties that there is a big voter base they're alienating

DMC
10-17-2016, 07:26 PM
Obtuse much? A viable third party is the catalyst for bringing attention to the issue.
That's what the entire staged show wants you to think. There's not going to be a 3rd party to win election. These are spoilers, nothing more. It's like entering your bicycle in a motocross race and saying you're trying to enact change by having a different competitor angle.

DMC
10-17-2016, 07:28 PM
even if third party chances are fruitless, even the concept of a "protest vote" is a thing... when a third party gets a significant enough of votes to disrupt the 2 on top, it is a wake up call to the parties that there is a big voter base they're alienating

It's not a thing. No one panders to protest voters. They pander to swing states, because the others are basically a given thus the term "swing state". No one gives a shit if you vote for marijuana man. You're just throwing your vote out. You might as well not vote, it serves the same purpose.

Imagine you're on a flight and you get a poll question "chicken or fish", they are only serving one of these but there's a write in box. You write in "duck" and end up eating fish. Perhaps you would have anyhow, but you'd have preferred chicken over fish, only your vote wasn't really counted.

z0sa
10-17-2016, 09:07 PM
It's not a thing. No one panders to protest voters. They pander to swing states, because the others are basically a given thus the term "swing state". No one gives a shit if you vote for marijuana man. You're just throwing your vote out. You might as well not vote, it serves the same purpose.

Imagine you're on a flight and you get a poll question "chicken or fish", they are only serving one of these but there's a write in box. You write in "duck" and end up eating fish. Perhaps you would have anyhow, but you'd have preferred chicken over fish, only your vote wasn't really counted.

Thats not right. This is why ppl say a vote for z is the same as voting x or y.

100 votes, 2 options, no wrote ins, chicken wins.

Then those same 100 heads vote with write ins allowed. his time fish wins because some voters want to draw attention to the fact it has only been fish vs chicken for so many flights and want to establish the idea of serving duck as a dish to be offered on the next flight's menu (for the sake of brevity, duck is the only write in that clears established threshold t). Not only is the winner changed, a statement on the available choices is voiced.

Addendum... lets go deeper and more specific, and reflect here on the Constitutional electoral college requirements. We will assume electoral=popular votes for simplicity. Now we establish that one option needs 45 votes minimum to be chosen, and no one option succeeds. The 18th century solution is giving a tiny yet proportionate section of LAST flight's voters the decision, which obviously favors the majority decision from then. This is why a 3rd party is universally considered a vote stealing campaign without legitimacy no matter what policies it supports or opposes. And this leads to today's inescapable duo of echo chambers.

Ps ty baseline bum for pointing this out for me during the primary.

Spurminator
10-17-2016, 09:09 PM
I think a split of the GOP combined with a Hillary presidency would lead to a not-unreasonable chance at a 3rd Party President in 2020.

DMC
10-17-2016, 09:25 PM
Thats not right. This is why ppl say a vote for z is the same as voting x or y.

100 votes, 2 options, no wrote ins, chicken wins.

Then those same 100 heads vote with write ins allowed. his time fish wins because some voters want to draw attention to the fact it has only been fish vs chicken for so many flights and want to establish the idea of serving duck as a dish to be offered on the next flight's menu (for the sake of brevity, duck is the only write in that clears established threshold t). Not only is the winner changed, a statement on the available choices is voiced.

You're saying "then everything is an anomaly all of a sudden". Everyone isn't going to write in, most vote straight ticket. Ross Perot got as close as anyone and he wasn't even within earshot. Then again, he was a billionaire. These yay-hoos who cannot gather enough money to hire media time aren't going to do anything but masturbate about being on the ticket. They might then try for a local seat.

Candidates love it when you try to "show" them by voting someone who isn't going to challenge them.

DMC
10-17-2016, 09:28 PM
I think a split of the GOP combined with a Hillary presidency would lead to a not-unreasonable chance at a 3rd Party President in 2020.
Hillary will probably repeat if she wins. There's just no decent options anymore. Too much digging into people's lives, every nasty detail they ever thought, so a normal human being wouldn't stand a chance.

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2016, 10:13 PM
The us system is totally stacked against a third party. Let's say a third party did really get a lot if votes and no candidate got 270 electoral votes. Then the house gets to choose and the third party still gets fucked.

z0sa
10-17-2016, 10:26 PM
You're saying "then everything is an anomaly all of a sudden". Everyone isn't going to write in, most vote straight ticket. Ross Perot got as close as anyone and he wasn't even within earshot. Then again, he was a billionaire. These yay-hoos who cannot gather enough money to hire media time aren't going to do anything but masturbate about being on the ticket. They might then try for a local seat.

Candidates love it when you try to "show" them by voting someone who isn't going to challenge them.

This year will probably see Stein and Johnson combine for more votes than Ross Perot "stole" then. It may or may not be amomalous, but then again, voting a straight ticket is, i believe, mostly the result of the same (in name) 'us' vs the same (in name) 'them' battling every election since Reconstruction.

DMC
10-17-2016, 10:51 PM
This year will probably see Stein and Johnson combine for more votes than Ross Perot "stole" then. It may or may not be amomalous, but then again, voting a straight ticket is, i believe, mostly the result of the same (in name) 'us' vs the same (in name) 'them' battling every election since Reconstruction.
Straight ticket is a result of really having only two real stances: liberal or conservative. The middle ground people who call themselves fiscally conservative yet liberal with human rights are just looking for a paycheck. You have someone like Ron Paul who introduces a bill then votes against it. Since the senate and house are bipartisan, a 3rd party candidate would not have any real influence on either side of the isle, and we'd just get 2 years of breaking in, 2 years of campaigning. Their job is always to keep their job.

Splits
10-17-2016, 10:55 PM
Shorter DMC: the top 2 tickets are completely corrupt, 3rd and 4th parties are a pipe dream, therefore derp derp derp derp

Q.E.D.

I win.

DMC
10-17-2016, 11:38 PM
^ Not only corrupt but colluding with each other to keep 3rd guy out.

DMX7
10-17-2016, 11:39 PM
They are both terrible. Gary Johnson makes GWB look brilliant.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-18-2016, 12:06 AM
The us system is totally stacked against a third party. Let's say a third party did really get a lot if votes and no candidate got 270 electoral votes. Then the house gets to choose and the third party still gets fucked.

There is more than just the presidential election, dim.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-18-2016, 12:07 AM
Straight ticket is a result of really having only two real stances: liberal or conservative. The middle ground people who call themselves fiscally conservative yet liberal with human rights are just looking for a paycheck. You have someone like Ron Paul who introduces a bill then votes against it. Since the senate and house are bipartisan, a 3rd party candidate would not have any real influence on either side of the isle, and we'd just get 2 years of breaking in, 2 years of campaigning. Their job is always to keep their job.

Only you are limited to your categorical thinking. You definitely lack imagination, box boy.

DMC
10-18-2016, 12:11 AM
Only you are limited to your categorical thinking. You definitely lack imagination, box boy.
I didn't vote for Ron Paul nor do I think the US Navy has frigates.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-18-2016, 12:16 AM
I didn't vote for Ron Paul nor do I think the US Navy has frigates.

And apparently too insecure to ever admit that you made a mistake and think everyone thinks the same as you. That same insecurity is likely why you won't go past facile engagement in discussions with others.

Voting third party is never a mistake unless you want one of the two major parties to win/not win.

DMC
10-18-2016, 12:20 AM
And apparently too insecure to ever admit that you made a mistake and think everyone thinks the same as you. That same insecurity is likely why you won't go past facile engagement in discussions with others.

Voting third party is never a mistake unless you want one of the two major parties to win/not win.
I converse with others just fine. I just find you to be a pompous douchebag, likely fake as Wild Cobra.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-18-2016, 12:46 AM
I converse with others just fine. I just find you to be a pompous douchebag, likely fake as Wild Cobra.

This would make sense if we didn't have an audience in these threads. The reality is that it doesn't matter if it is basketball or politics; your posts are both absent of substance and rife with bombast. It's reminiscent of Trump.

DMC
10-18-2016, 08:46 AM
This would make sense if we didn't have an audience in these threads. The reality is that it doesn't matter if it is basketball or politics; your posts are both absent of substance and rife with bombast. It's reminiscent of Trump.
Yet you continue to address me.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-18-2016, 01:00 PM

Ross Perot got >15% of the vote in 1992; the OU/ on what the current two are going to get is around 11. They were basically the same demographic that is now the tea party.

The biggest problem in our political system right now is legitimate political movements like the Tea Party, libertarians, and environmentalists cannot be represented directly. It also stifles undesirable ideology and method. We have no neo nazi party for example. You also end up with people that do not know how to think outside of those 2 boxes and a media that is by and large pigeonholed.

In some case it could be argued that it is a good thing. Many of Trump supporters would become the backbone of a white nationalist party and that is suppressed by GOP leadership; proportional representation would likely result in one forming. Personally, I don't think pretending like something doesn't exist when it does is a poor solution and boils down to willful ignorance. We need better plurality in our congress. Maybe then we could have a real discussion about race.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-18-2016, 01:13 PM
Yet you continue to address me.

So getting someone to respond to you is an accomplishment in your brain? That is a pretty low bar.