PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Real talk : Jordan is overrated tbh

lefty
10-17-2016, 09:40 AM
IMO

Captivus
10-17-2016, 11:28 AM
That's deep...and statistically proven...

Now...since you said Jordan...check this video out

XAgxY_W5Xok

Thread
10-17-2016, 11:38 AM
He was kicked out of the NBA.

apalisoc_9
10-17-2016, 04:37 PM
Thanks...You're catching up.

lefty
10-17-2016, 06:19 PM
Thanks...You're catching up.

He still shits on today's NBA though

TDMVPDPOY
10-17-2016, 10:02 PM
lol playing against clowns who can only dribble with one hand only...

midnightpulp
10-17-2016, 11:21 PM
Per his hype? Definitely.

Still the GOAT, and I don't like the guy, but facts are facts. Modern NBA fans also need to understand he would absolutely destroy the league under modern rules and offensive schemes.

I mean, Klay Thompson is considered an elite SG today, and even Danny fuckin' Green had a elite metrics at the position.

Molotov
10-17-2016, 11:53 PM
He still shits on today's NBA though

:lol

Kidd K
10-18-2016, 01:23 AM
In what ways is he overrated?

Stalin
10-18-2016, 02:03 AM

Still the GOAT, and I don't like the guy, but facts are facts. Modern NBA fans also need to understand he would absolutely destroy the league under modern rules and offensive schemes.

I mean, Klay Thompson is considered an elite SG today, and even Danny fuckin' Green had a elite metrics at the position.

:lol Today's NBA.

10-18-2016, 05:21 AM
:lol Today's NBA.

ezau
10-18-2016, 05:48 AM
The only knock on Jordan, which isn't his fault, was he never played against anyone with the same length and athleticism at his position. The best guy who could ever defend him was his teammate, Scottie Pippen. For most of his career, Jordan was guarded by smaller and less athletic two guards.

Chinook
10-18-2016, 08:00 AM
Of course he is. The idea that no one could pass him up is patently ridiculous. As far as how he'd do in today's NBA, who knows? I doubt he'd've been nearly as superlative as he was in his time. Dude was a 33-percent shooter from deep. In his last two seasons, he took 80 percent of his shots from mid range. I don't know how that looked in his prime, though. Anyway, it seems relatively easy to scheme him out.

If the league still had the benefit of having learned to gamplan against Jordan in the 80s and 90s (yet for him to actually play 15-20 years later), I think he'd be above Kobe but well behind Lebron. But that's assuming he didn't learn how to be a great three-point shooter. With that, he might be a bigger Curry with elite defense for all we know.

lefty
10-18-2016, 08:04 AM
- Lebron leaves the Cavs : from 61 to 19 wins :wow
- MJ leaves Chicago : from 57 to 55 wins :lmao

- When MJ has a shit game in a big playoff game it was just an off night
- When Lebron had a monster triple double in a game 7 loss to the Celtics, he "gave up" despite playing with shit players and showing up

:lmao dat logic tbh

Brazil
10-18-2016, 08:05 AM
Of course he is not... nowadays everybody knows dude was not really flying and all that shit... today he is perfectly rated, still goat but not anymore untouchable...

BD24
10-18-2016, 09:01 AM
Of course he is. The idea that no one could pass him up is patently ridiculous. As far as how he'd do in today's NBA, who knows? I doubt he'd've been nearly as superlative as he was in his time. Dude was a 33-percent shooter from deep. In his last two seasons, he took 80 percent of his shots from mid range. I don't know how that looked in his prime, though. Anyway, it seems relatively easy to scheme him out.

If the league still had the benefit of having learned to gamplan against Jordan in the 80s and 90s (yet for him to actually play 15-20 years later), I think he'd be above Kobe but well behind Lebron. But that's assuming he didn't learn how to be a great three-point shooter. With that, he might be a bigger Curry with elite defense for all we know.
I honestly think he would of adjusted his game to whatever era he was playing in. He was a sociopath and had the talent to go along with it. I think he would of worked tirelessly to make sure he was the best. If that required becoming a knockdown 3 point shooter I think he would of done it. The fact is the era he played in he didn't need to be a knockdown 3 point shooter and was able to dominate with his playstyle at that point.

Clipper Nation
10-18-2016, 09:06 AM
He was kicked out of the NBA.

Clipper Nation
10-18-2016, 09:07 AM
- Lebron leaves the Cavs : from 61 to 19 wins :wow
- MJ leaves Chicago : from 57 to 55 wins :lmao

- When MJ has a shit game in a big playoff game it was just an off night
- When Lebron had a monster triple double in a game 7 loss to the Celtics, he "gave up" despite playing with shit players and showing up

:lmao dat logic tbh

Clipper Nation
10-18-2016, 09:10 AM

:lmao DK couldn't hit an NBA three to save himself. Stern literally had to shorten the three-point line for a few years to inflate DK's career 3PT%. And DK was selfish as fuck. He wouldn't "destroy the league" with today's modern offensive schemes, which emphasize his weaknesses (three-pointers and ball movement) over his strengths (chucking up midrange trash).

Chinook
10-18-2016, 09:12 AM
I honestly think he would of adjusted his game to whatever era he was playing in. He was a sociopath and had the talent to go along with it. I think he would of worked tirelessly to make sure he was the best. If that required becoming a knockdown 3 point shooter I think he would of done it. The fact is the era he played in he didn't need to be a knockdown 3 point shooter and was able to dominate with his playstyle at that point.

Yeah, but there's more to the game than will. Biomechanics play a huge role. Doubt he would've been like Curry no matter how hard he tried. There are guys like Wade who managed to have HoF careers despite not shooting well from outside. Think MJ probably ends up closer to that than a Splash Bro.

BD24
10-18-2016, 09:23 AM
Yeah, but there's more to the game than will. Biomechanics play a huge role. Doubt he would've been like Curry no matter how hard he tried. There are guys like Wade who managed to have HoF careers despite not shooting well from outside. Think MJ probably ends up closer to that than a Splash Bro.
Not saying he would be as good of shooter as Curry, but he would of been a good enough 3 point shooter to still be the best imo.

Molotov
10-18-2016, 02:24 PM

Co sign

Thebesteva
10-18-2016, 02:35 PM
It's really weird for me to defend Jordan, I was always an MJ hater growing up because every bandwagoner was a 'die hard MJ fan since day 1.' Kobe and Shaq were always my guy and I knew none of them stood a chance to surpass MJ, I do believe they surpassed the 1-2 punch duo of MJ and Scottie though.

I will say this for Lebron, he never had a coach to the level of a PJ. If he had a Phil or a Pop he would easily be on his 6th ring right now. However, the one thing he always had going for him is the EC is beyond pathetic. It's to a point that he just has to punch in his ticket for the finals.

Molotov
10-18-2016, 05:43 PM
It's really weird for me to defend Jordan, I was always an MJ hater growing up because every bandwagoner was a 'die hard MJ fan since day 1.' Kobe and Shaq were always my guy and I knew none of them stood a chance to surpass MJ, I do believe they surpassed the 1-2 punch duo of MJ and Scottie though.

I will say this for Lebron, he never had a coach to the level of a PJ. If he had a Phil or a Pop he would easily be on his 6th ring right now. However, the one thing he always had going for him is the EC is beyond pathetic. It's to a point that he just has to punch in his ticket for the finals.

I agree, that kind of annual cakewalk for LeHGH, in :lol today's mass tanking NBA can't be overlooked, you're only as good as your competition, and in the 90's, the golden age of the NBA, there was no better concentration of talent.

Thebesteva
10-19-2016, 01:49 AM
I agree, that kind of annual cakewalk for LeHGH, in :lol today's mass tanking NBA can't be overlooked, you're only as good as your competition, and in the 90's, the golden age of the NBA, there was no better concentration of talent.

Lebron also has the league in his pocket. LOL @ suspending Draymond Green. Tell me in all honesty, if it was 3-1 cavs up and he did that would they have suspended him?

Arcadian
10-19-2016, 03:46 AM
You should give reasons. What's up with these threads where the title is just an assertion, and the OP is just a three-letter acronym?

Silver&Black
10-19-2016, 03:53 AM
Lebron also has the league in his pocket. LOL @ suspending Draymond Green. Tell me in all honesty, if it was 3-1 cavs up and he did that would they have suspended him?

Don't play that card.

They should have suspended him during the OKC series for kicking Adams in the nuts. When OKC was up 3-1.

Thebesteva
10-19-2016, 04:18 AM
Don't play that card.

They should have suspended him during the OKC series for kicking Adams in the nuts. When OKC was up 3-1.

Its not a card its a fact. They should have I agree...but they didnt and you dont hold stuff like that emotionally in a professional league against a guy. He teabagged the guy and he just reacted to it he didnt do anything.

midnightpulp
10-19-2016, 04:25 AM
:lmao DK couldn't hit an NBA three to save himself. Stern literally had to shorten the three-point line for a few years to inflate DK's career 3PT%. And DK was selfish as fuck. He wouldn't "destroy the league" with today's modern offensive schemes, which emphasize his weaknesses (three-pointers and ball movement) over his strengths (chucking up midrange trash).

Kawhi Leonard couldn't find the rim from deep out of college and developed himself into one of the better 3 point shooters in the league. Leonard's offensive game is also heavily reliant on the midrange shot and mid-post, and he had little problem being a strong offensive player. What Jordan had that Kawhi doesn't is elite penetration skills. As I've always said, if Kawhi could develop a dribble-drive, it's GG. Not sure Kawhi can, though, since he simply lacks the natural athletic ability to ever be an elite finisher. Jordan was the best dribble-drive wing in league history. And with the way modern offenses create spacing, Jordan would eat defenses alive off penetration. I mean, James Harden is a 30ppg scorer with great metrics who lives at the FT line in today's game. Jordan is 2 tiers in talent above Harden.

lefty
10-19-2016, 07:47 AM
However, the one thing he always had going for him is the EC is beyond pathetic. It's to a point that he just has to punch in his ticket for the finals.
What was MJ's competition in the East ?

Pat Ewing and scrubs? Not to mention, the refs carried DK in game 5 of the 93 ECF

The Cavs? yes that team had good players, but there is a problem when your toughest player is your PG tbh .... Daugherty and Nance were soft as fuck in the playoffs

Barkley, Hawkins and scrubs?

The only real competition in the East were the Pistons but they caught injuries (pre-injury Isiah shat on Mike) and Stern changed the rules for DK.
The Celtics could have challenged for a few more titles ; Bird, despite his injuries, owned their collective asses but Len Bias and Lewis dieded; plus the Celtics got robbed by the refs in the 1991 semis vs Detroit, Stern wanted another Bulls vs Pistons rematch.
The 1998 Pacers were a challenge, but game 7 of the ECF was rigged.

Clipper Nation
10-19-2016, 08:16 AM
How is that proof that he has the league in his pocket? Gaymond hit him in the nuts, something he had been doing all postseason and the refs were supposed to be keeping an eye on anyway. He was one fuck-up away from a suspension. And the Cavs still basically had to shame the league into doing their job. If anything, that incident proved that the Warriors had the refs and league in their pocket.

Meanwhile, if Gaymond even looked at Jordan funny, let alone went for his family jewels, Stern would have banned him from the league for life.

lefty
10-19-2016, 10:25 AM
Lebron wishes the had the refs in his pocket

Sometimes refs are against him tbh