View Full Version : ESPN continues with rumors about LMA being traded

SAGirl
10-18-2016, 12:08 PM

RD2191
10-18-2016, 12:20 PM
LMA will retire a Spur, unfortunately.

Chinook
10-18-2016, 12:20 PM
That article says that Lowe's "crazy prediction" was a report. Journalism sucks nowadays.

lefty
10-18-2016, 12:21 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/oka.gif

K...
10-18-2016, 12:23 PM
Of course, we got to make room for splitter being bought out

Hoops Czar
10-18-2016, 12:30 PM
Anthony Davis or Blake Griffin for LMA and Jonathon Simmons. Do it RC!!!

Beaverfuzz
10-18-2016, 12:35 PM
zzzzzzzzzz

SpurPadre
10-18-2016, 12:38 PM
fart

Mikeanaro
10-18-2016, 12:41 PM
ESPN now considers the Celtics as the new Powerhouse aka ¨The new Bulls HypeMachine¨ WTF...

Solid D
10-18-2016, 12:42 PM
Believing mainstream media reports is unwise - in sports or in anything else.

Leetonidas
10-18-2016, 12:43 PM
Not gonna happen. Spurs barely make trades ever and theyre gonna trade their 2nd best player and one of the top 10 bigs in the league who is their only key FA signing in years now?? Gimme a break

Spur|n|Austin
10-18-2016, 12:44 PM
What a crock of poop; it would be in bad form for Spurs FO to do so, and Spurs rarely practice bad form.

JuneJive
10-18-2016, 12:46 PM
And they wonder why "journalists" don't get enough respect.

:rodney:

james evans
10-18-2016, 12:55 PM
What a crock of poop; it would be in bad form for Spurs FO to do so, and Spurs rarely practice bad form.
contracts of jefferson, parker, and ginobli
letting Boban walk
getting rid of Jackson right before the playoffs

those are 6 things that occured the past 6 years. We are a well ran organization, but we for damn sure aren't perfect

Chinook
10-18-2016, 12:57 PM
letting Boban walk

those are 6 things that occured the past 6 years. We are a well ran organization, but we for damn sure aren't perfect

Jefferson was the only bad thing there, and that wasn't "bad form" in the sense than S|n|A was talking about.

Spur|n|Austin
10-18-2016, 12:58 PM
letting Boban walk

I'm not talking about mistakes, I'm talking bad form. There were things promised to LaMarcus in order to get him over here, breaking promises is not something you see the Spurs FO do.

spurs10
10-18-2016, 01:07 PM
That article says that Lowe's "crazy prediction" was a report. Journalism sucks nowadays. Yeah I was almost falling for that before I read your post. :lol

Chinook
10-18-2016, 01:09 PM
I'm not talking about mistakes, I'm talking bad form. There were things promised to LaMarcus in order to get him over here, breaking promises is not something you see the Spurs FO do.

And everything knows this. So now the idea is that there's friction between the team and LMA. Creating a story out of thin air.

Emperor
10-18-2016, 01:11 PM
Wonder which teams they will contact if this were true?

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-18-2016, 01:13 PM
Kids these days only click on edgy headlines, so media oblige.

gambit1990
10-18-2016, 01:18 PM
if lma gets traded... spurs better be packaging parker in the deal.

gambit1990
10-18-2016, 01:25 PM
gasol's gonna be taking shots away from lma like duncan wasn't.

i'll send lma + two first round draft picks for porzingis. willing to negotiate.

MaNu4Tres
10-18-2016, 01:29 PM
Jackie has written more in depth pieces on the Spurs than anyone not named Harvey or Ludden.

And she's not known to be a clown like Broussard and throw crap out there.

There's some truth with this coming from her mouth.

I'm willing to bet it has to do with Aldridges' offseason. For the second straight year, he's come into camp looking doughy. For a leader of a team that has championship aspirations, that can't sit well with R.C and Pop.

Just look at Kawhi and look at Aldridge, there's a huge difference in the body of work and that is tied to work ethic.

I hope it is true. Sell high with him while you can.

dabom
10-18-2016, 01:36 PM
Jackie has written more in depth pieces on the Spurs than anyone not named Harvey or Ludden.

And she's not known to be a clown like Broussard and throw crap out there.

There's some truth with this coming from her mouth.

I'm willing to bet it has to do with Aldridges' offseason. For the second straight year, he's come into camp looking doughy. For a leader of a team that has championship aspirations, that can't sit well with R.C and Pop.

Just look at Kawhi and look at Aldridge, there's a huge difference in the body of work and that is tied to work ethic.

I hope it is true. Sell high with him while you can.

Jackie is a fucking moron. :lol

Dex
10-18-2016, 01:42 PM
This is sensationalist journalism at its finest. All speculation and hearsay based off an article that was self-proclaimed "crazy" predictions. Absolutely not one piece of evidence to back any of this up.

I don't buy it for one second.

Chinook
10-18-2016, 01:46 PM
So RealGM is back on the warpath with this: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1484396&p=49503708#p49503708

mo7888
10-18-2016, 02:01 PM
So RealGM is back on the warpath with this: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1484396&p=49503708#p49503708

LA for Smart and filer must've been wishful thining from a Celtic fan....there's no way we would ever give him away like that....

spurtech09
10-18-2016, 02:07 PM
Rumors...that's all what it is.......Don't count on it.......

DeRozan m8
10-18-2016, 02:09 PM
ESPN now considers the Celtics as the new Powerhouse aka ¨The new Bulls HypeMachine¨ WTF...

Yeah I don't understand it.

Such an overrated team.

Chinook
10-18-2016, 02:11 PM
LA for Smart and filer must've been wishful thining from a Celtic fan....there's no way we would ever give him away like that....

Then you have this:

Wolves: Lamarcus, Mills

Spurs: Dieng, Rubio, Bjelica, and if needed, top 10 protected first

I threw up in my mouth a little when writing that. Only saving grace is it came from a Bulls fan, and there's nobody that undervalues LMA like they do in Chicago.

Darius Bieber
10-18-2016, 02:12 PM
I've heard that Pop's wife isn't doing the best and is stuck at home. Pop staying was part of LMA's wanting to come to San Antonio. If Pop decides to hang it up because of family issues, LMA wanting to leave is a very real possibility. Unfortunately, the Spurs probably won't get much in return.

With Golden State being the super team that they are, it's probably best to rebuild and tank now.

tmtcsc
10-18-2016, 02:14 PM
letting Boban walk

Can we please stop with the "letting Boban walk" stuff. Of course the Spurs let him go, he's not remotely close to being worth what Detroit paid for him. That's total insanity.

mo7888
10-18-2016, 02:15 PM
Then you have this:

I threw up in my mouth a little when writing that. Only saving grace is it came from a Bulls fan, and there's nobody that undervalues LMA like they do in Chicago.

It's amazing how some people replace cognitive thought with dreams and put it out there...

GSH
10-18-2016, 02:19 PM
Wonder which teams they will contact if this were true?

She's talking like he would go to Boston, and they are sitting almost at the salary cap line. So they would have to send back enough salary to make the trade work, without gutting their roster.

IF the "rumors" were true, and LMA is dissatisfied and wanting to be traded? The Spurs would probably look for teams with cap space and picks. And that would pretty much limit it to Philly, Denver, and Utah. The Spurs would be looking for something like a serviceable young player, plus an expiring, plus a decent first round pick next year - plus shedding some salary right away in the deal. That would put the Spurs firmly in rebuilding mode, but it would give them a lottery pick next year (plus their own first round pick), hopefully a good young player from the trade, plus the cap space to try and sign another good FA.

Of course, if that happened, the Spurs would be fucked in future free agent efforts. They already have enough trouble competing with big market teams for top FA's. A weak-assed move like that would make it a lot harder to get a good free agent next year, to go along with their newly acquired first-rounder. In other words, things would have to be really bad between the team and LMA for the Spurs to trade him. I don't think things are bad at all, but they just aren't that bad.

MaNu4Tres
10-18-2016, 02:25 PM

She's a moron who has closer ties to Pop and RC than any Spurs beat writer at the moment.

GSH
10-18-2016, 02:29 PM
She's a moron who has closer ties to Pop and RC than any Spurs beat writer at the moment.

Then she's a beat writer with close ties to Pop and RC who hasn't given any thought to how the cap affects trades.

MaNu4Tres
10-18-2016, 02:30 PM
She's talking like he would go to Boston, and they are sitting almost at the salary cap line. So they would have to send back enough salary to make the trade work, without gutting their roster.

IF the "rumors" were true, and LMA is dissatisfied and wanting to be traded? The Spurs would probably look for teams with cap space and picks. And that would pretty much limit it to Philly, Denver, and Utah. The Spurs would be looking for something like a serviceable young player, plus an expiring, plus a decent first round pick next year - plus shedding some salary right away in the deal. That would put the Spurs firmly in rebuilding mode, but it would give them a lottery pick next year (plus their own first round pick), hopefully a good young player from the trade, plus the cap space to try and sign another good FA.

Of course, if that happened, the Spurs would be fucked in future free agent efforts. They already have enough trouble competing with big market teams for top FA's. A weak-assed move like that would make it a lot harder to get a good free agent next year, to go along with their newly acquired first-rounder. In other words, things would have to be really bad between the team and LMA for the Spurs to trade him. I don't think things are bad at all, but they just aren't that bad.

I don't think this has anything to do with LaMarcus not being happy.

I think this has a lot to do with the Spurs not being happy, and looking at the reality of the situation. LaMarcus is supposed to be a leader of this team and he spends his entire summer for the second straight year, not doing anything -- coming into camp looking doughy again. It's an overlooked aspect thats more important than what people think, especially for a leader of a team with championship aspirations. Combine that situation, with the fact that LaMarcus is set for a max raise to 25-28 mil per in 2 years or he'll opt out and sign elsewhere, I can understand why Spurs may want to trade him now and try to sell him while his value is still high.

Dex
10-18-2016, 02:30 PM

Hit the nail on the head.

Spurs are not going to move an unwilling LMA because it would make them look extremely unprofessional. They would be looking a gift horse in the mouth by turning on the first big-name free agent that has signed here in over a decade, while simultaneously jump-starting a rebuilding period which would probably last another decade.

If LMA really wants out, maybe that's a different story...but I really don't see any real indication of that other than a bunch of media squawkers grasping at straws during the dog days of the offseason.

Chris
10-18-2016, 02:31 PM

Exactly: she's another blowhard and ESPN is going 'all out' since they are losing viewers to FS1

Spur|n|Austin
10-18-2016, 02:41 PM
I've heard that Pop's wife isn't doing the best and is stuck at home. Pop staying was part of LMA's wanting to come to San Antonio. If Pop decides to hang it up because of family issues, LMA wanting to leave is a very real possibility. Unfortunately, the Spurs probably won't get much in return.

With Golden State being the super team that they are, it's probably best to rebuild and tank now.

Where did you hear this? That's sad news if true.

GSH
10-18-2016, 02:52 PM
I don't think this has anything to do with LaMarcus not being happy.

I think this has a lot to do with the Spurs not being happy, and looking at the reality of the situation. LaMarcus is supposed to be a leader of this team and he spends his entire summer for the second straight year, not doing anything -- coming into camp looking doughy again. It's an overlooked aspect thats more important than what people think, especially for a leader of a team with championship aspirations. Combine that situation, with the fact that LaMarcus is set for a max raise to 25-28 mil per in 2 years or he'll opt out and sign elsewhere, I can understand why Spurs may want to trade him now and try to sell him while his value is still high.

I'm not saying LMA is unhappy. I'm saying that would be the only way the Spurs would be looking to trade him. You agree that trading LMA would put the Spurs firmly into re-build mode... right? They would have to slide Kyle/Bertans/Lee into his spot, or acquire another PF in the trade. And why would anyone make the trade of one good PF for another?

If the Spurs wanted to go into rebuild mode, they had the perfect opportunity this offseason. Instead, they held onto all their best players, and went hard after Gasol in the FA market. That says that they had no intention of going the rebuild route this year. How bad would LMA have to be to get them to shift gears like that, and do something they had no intention of doing? You're saying that because LMA "came into camp looking doughy again", they have decided to go into rebuild mode now, when their options are much more limited? I understand what you're saying, I just don't buy it.

BUT... even if you're 100% right, how does Boston come up being the trade partner the Spurs would need to make a deal like that? When they asked her if she would want LMA, they were talking about IN BOSTON - which means that she's a Boston homer. That alone makes me question what she said. Then her first response to the question was, "No, not after what I heard this week." So what are we saying here? The Spurs FO is totally down on LMA, and they told a Boston homer reporter about it, which would weaken LMA's trade value? None of it makes any sense.

One last thing - you said that LMA came into camp doughy last year, too. He had a pretty fucking good season, regardless of what the haters here think. If he comes back playing exactly like he did last season, it's hardly reason to dump him for a bag of chips and go into involuntary rebuild mode. The math just doesn't work for me here.

Darius Bieber
10-18-2016, 02:56 PM
Where did you hear this? That's sad news if true.

I read it as a side-note in an article somewhere a week or so ago. Let me see if I can find it again.

Chinook
10-18-2016, 02:56 PM
McMillian apparently said she that she did want him on Boston later. I definitely think people see him as available given how many folks are completely bitching out due to the Warriors. But if the last five years have taught us anything it's that it's idiotic to try to wait out top teams. More windows stay closed teams with young players pitch to their fans.

gospursgojas
10-18-2016, 02:57 PM
Exactly: she's another blowhard and ESPN is going 'all out' since they are losing viewers to FS1

Off topic, but this is true. Fox Sports used to be a comedic attempt at being ESPN, but FS1 is legit. I've switched over.

davidbowie
10-18-2016, 02:59 PM
uhhh we already made the HEB commercials

not gonna happen!

MaNu4Tres
10-18-2016, 03:00 PM
Jabari Young from SAEN just confirmed it on twitter. He's on the block.

Darius Bieber
10-18-2016, 03:01 PM

not gonna happen!

Bruce Bowen was traded while he also had HEB Commercials.

txstr1986
10-18-2016, 03:05 PM

not gonna happen!

+1

Spur|n|Austin
10-18-2016, 03:13 PM
Jabari Young from SAEN just confirmed it on twitter. He's on the block.

He just confirmed the exact same rumor that started with Jackie. He didn't post any new updates or news.

http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/With-trade-rumors-surfacing-Aldridge-s-future-9981115.php

And now this will continue to get out of hand and make something out of nothing..

ceperez
10-18-2016, 03:22 PM
He just confirmed the exact same rumor that started with Jackie. He didn't post any new updates or news.

http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/With-trade-rumors-surfacing-Aldridge-s-future-9981115.php

And now this will continue to get out of hand and make something out of nothing..

Have we seen this kind of rumors before regarding a Spurs starter? This is crazy! But it makes sense for Spurs to clear out cap room for next season.

Chinook
10-18-2016, 03:24 PM

It's insane. Like the housing crisis but with trade rumors.

Chinook
10-18-2016, 03:24 PM
Have we seen this kind of rumors before regarding a Spurs starter? This is crazy!

Parker in 2011.

Hoops Czar
10-18-2016, 03:26 PM
Have we seen this kind of rumors before regarding a Spurs starter? This is crazy! But it makes sense for Spurs to clear out cap room for next season.

Richard Jefferson

TheGreatYacht
10-18-2016, 03:36 PM
Trade Manure first, RC you drunk driving piece of shit

cd98
10-18-2016, 03:38 PM
Great free agent pitch. "Come and play for us and then get traded next season."

gambit1990
10-18-2016, 03:40 PM
spurs trading lma won't hurt them in free agency imo.

TheGreatYacht
10-18-2016, 03:42 PM
Great free agent pitch. "Come and play for us and then get traded next season."
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzxiyu8Btb1qj3i85.gif

SPURt
10-18-2016, 03:47 PM
spurs trading lma won't hurt them in free agency imo.
I agree with this... The Spurs are going to trade him because he's going full D Howard, if they trade him at all. If anything LMA will look like a dick

TheGreatYacht
10-18-2016, 03:50 PM
I agree with this... The Spurs are going to trade him because he's going full D Howard, if they trade him at all. If anything LMA will look like a dick
Where are you getting this from? :lol

RD2191
10-18-2016, 03:58 PM
Fucking amateur hour on here. LMA is going nowhere. The only way lma gets traded is if he himself request a trade.

Mal
10-18-2016, 04:00 PM
Interesting. Boston got a lot of potential value to build future on, just like one year for full rebuild and stack talent for future.

TheGreatYacht
10-18-2016, 04:01 PM
This is the person that started this shit. For some reason I have the feeling Becky was the one that flicked, I mean spilled, the bean(s)

https://70c97aaea282a207d81b-f84eee09323602e80e90b9678fa5fc9b.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.c om/wp-content/uploads/legacy_cms_images/1314-380x525.jpg

Chinook
10-18-2016, 04:02 PM
Fucking amateur hour on here. LMA is going nowhere. The only way lma gets traded is if he himself request a trade.

SAEN is suggesting that LMA has asked for a trade and had last season before the Spurs "figured out how to use him". Young is saying LMA isn't happy about not being the focus of the offense over Kawhi. Could totally see the Spurs drawing the line there.

GSH
10-18-2016, 04:26 PM
This is the person that started this shit. For some reason I have the feeling Becky was the one that flicked, I mean spilled, the bean(s)

https://70c97aaea282a207d81b-f84eee09323602e80e90b9678fa5fc9b.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.c om/wp-content/uploads/legacy_cms_images/1314-380x525.jpg

Maybe that's her "connection" to the Spurs organization.

TimDunkem
10-18-2016, 04:31 PM
God damn. People will believe anything.

SilverSpur
10-18-2016, 05:50 PM
I bet there was a comment made that LMA needs to step up in place of Duncan and it has snow balled into they (spurs ) are not happy with LMA and now want to trade him.
WHAT A JOKE !
He is an automatic double double and has a killer turnaround jump shot.
Fits the team and the culture exactly like the spurs want.
HE IS GOING NOWHERE !!

SAGirl
10-18-2016, 05:51 PM
Hard to discount this rumor.
Wow Tim retires and already there is trouble in paradise.

ceperez
10-18-2016, 06:14 PM
Spoke too soon.... rumor has been denied!! http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/10/18/13322546/lamarcus-aldridge-trade-rumors

MaNu4Tres
10-18-2016, 06:18 PM
Spoke too soon.... rumor has been denied!! http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/10/18/13322546/lamarcus-aldridge-trade-rumors

As if Spurs would admit it publicy before the season starts.

I could have told you hours ago that they would deny it to the public.

Common sense.

Hoops Czar
10-18-2016, 06:18 PM
The Spurs FO is the most overrated in the league. I'm sure if the Spurs were to find a trade partner, they'd surely get fleeced.

dabom
10-18-2016, 06:21 PM

Common sense.

Spurs have the tightest FO in the league. Mostly everything that gets reported in the media about the Spurs is fake.

Hoops Czar
10-18-2016, 06:24 PM

Common sense.

Haven't you heard? Any rumor denied by Spurs sauces is gospel. Every rumor denied by another team is cover ups followed by lies on top of lies.

dabom
10-18-2016, 06:26 PM
Anyone actually believing this third rate garbage. Sorry, ya look fucking retarded. :lol

SpurPadre
10-18-2016, 06:30 PM
The Spurs FO is the most overrated in the league. I'm sure if the Spurs were to find a trade partner, they'd surely get fleeced.

Yeah because getting Kawhi for George Hill was a really bad trade for us...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh hhhttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

Hoops Czar
10-18-2016, 06:41 PM
Yeah because getting Kawhi for George Hill was a really bad trade for us...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh hhhttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

What does George Hill, Kawhi Leonard or 2009 have to do with LMA trade rumors or are you trying to plant your goal posts on the center midfield line? It's common practice for any team to deny rumors that accidentally get leaked by the media. That doesn't make them not true.

cd021
10-18-2016, 06:48 PM
That article says that Lowe's "crazy prediction" was a report. Journalism sucks nowadays.

Lowe mentioned this on a podcast with Mark Stein earlier this year, and Stein appeared to have heard the same things when he brought it up. Stein, I believe, is based and Texas and I think Jackie Mac is a solid reporter and Lowe has a lot of connections around the league making me believe that there is some to a lot of truth to this.

Lowe also mentioned Phoenix earlier in the year and with all of their assets, I think that they could be a trade partner if this were to go down.

DPG21920
10-18-2016, 06:49 PM
I don't believe this is true unless LMA has asked for a trade which would be completely wild.

But, whether its true or not, I really don't care :lol. Honestly, I see the value in keeping him as SA has a damn good team. But I would also be fine with trading him. I have no allegiance to LMA and with Kawhi being young I can definitely be fine "rebuilding" too if the Spurs got a major haul for LMA.

But I have not seen anything from LMA to indicate he's mad. He's in commercials with his teammates and they seem to have good relationships. He has said the right things and looks fine on the court.

It would be pretty shocking if he asked for a trade. I mean, he's done things in POR obviously and there was a lot of smoke there and we saw him leave. But there has been nothing like that here and the team had a great battle with OkC last year.

DMC
10-18-2016, 06:52 PM
If LMA was told he would be the heir apparent but now he's just another player on the team, or if LMA did something uncouth that's going to eventually get exposed (not exposed like George Hill's penis), then Pop could move him. Look what happened to Jax right before the playoffs.

DPG21920
10-18-2016, 07:02 PM
None of it makes sense. None of the moves SA made this off-season signaled an issue, LMA's play fit very well (especially defensively) and he's seemingly bonding with teammates just fine (commercials together unlike in POR where it was Lillard in big campaigns and no LMA).

He's close to his kid (which was a big deal) and the team is really good. There would have to be some major behind the scenes issues for this to blow up IMO.

It's possible with LMA - he's proven he can be a bit tough to deal with, but I just don't see it.

ceperez
10-18-2016, 07:12 PM
Why isn't LMA in the open scrimmage?????

GSH
10-18-2016, 07:15 PM
None of it makes sense. None of the moves SA made this off-season signaled an issue, LMA's play fit very well (especially defensively) and he's seemingly bonding with teammates just fine (commercials together unlike in POR where it was Lillard in big campaigns and no LMA).

He's close to his kid (which was a big deal) and the team is really good. There would have to be some major behind the scenes issues for this to blow up IMO.

It's possible with LMA - he's proven he can be a bit tough to deal with, but I just don't see it.

That's what I'm saying. If the Spurs had even a hint that he should be traded, they would have been MUCH better off doing it in the offseason. Especially this offseason, because his $20M contract looked cheap, compared to the money that was getting thrown around. They could have gotten great value in terms of picks, but also there would have been more players available. Possible S&T's, you name it. And it's not like LMA just discovered that it isn't "his team".

There's either a LOT more going on recently that nobody is talking about, or it's someone making shit up. It's a lot easier to believe that writers are making shit up to generate interest. I sure didn't hear any rumors that they were shopping LMA in the offseason. If these people are so well connected, it seems like they would have known about it.

GSH
10-18-2016, 07:16 PM
Why isn't LMA in the open scrimmage?????

Clearly looking for an apartment in Boston all day. Jet lag and shit.

bklynspursfan
10-18-2016, 07:16 PM

She said the experiment hasn't worked out, but they won 67 games in his first year lol and had it not been for questionable officiating who knows what happens in that OKC series.

It just doesn't make sense to me either, but whatever. Seems he and Pop committed to one another prior to him singing, and wanting to be moved as you said again away from his kid after 1 year makes no sense, basketball stuff aside

DPG21920
10-18-2016, 07:25 PM
Plus another thing: Spurs are easily the most private organization in the NBA. You can't even get draft scoops and now a non-Woj or Stein entity breaking this?

The only info that gets out is what SA wants out and if anyone did have a source inside SA they just blew it with how it was seemingly handled.

GSH
10-18-2016, 07:31 PM
Plus another thing: Spurs are easily the most private organization in the NBA. You can't even get draft scoops and now a non-Woj or Stein entity breaking this?

The only info that gets out is what SA wants out and if anyone did have a source inside SA they just blew it with how it was seemingly handled.

I would say that Becky will get called off the carpet. But that would be wrong.

SpurPadre
10-18-2016, 07:33 PM

Ugh...even TP wouldn't want to see a video of that.

apalisoc_9
10-18-2016, 07:36 PM
Millsap for Aldridge..

Do it Pop

T Park
10-19-2016, 12:01 AM
Believing mainstream media reports is unwise - in sports or in anything else.

Listen to Mr Solid D.

SAGirl
10-19-2016, 12:07 AM
Well the rumors are likely to be around for the season.... bump-able thread apparently.

J_Paco
10-19-2016, 12:33 AM

Of all the silly ass comments that could be made. They aren't without their warts (RJ trade, RJ extension, Tony extension, etc.), but the Spurs easily have one of the best front offices in all of the NBA.

They did after all acquire Tony Parker (HOF'er), Manu Ginobili (HOF'er) and Kawhi Leonard (possible HOF'er) while also finding gems other teams thought "worthless" like Danny Green, Gary Neal, Patty Mills, Malik Rose, .Bruce Bowen and so on.

They likely wouldn't move a quality player (and huge asset) like Aldridge for anything less than a Blake Griffin, DeMarcus Cousins or Anthony Davis. None of which is very likely or even available to be traded (yet).

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-19-2016, 01:12 AM
When do the Spurs ever make a move like that? Not going to happen.

Chillen
10-19-2016, 03:21 AM
It's a rumor, take it with a grain of salt. I doubt they trade Aldridge this season, unless a trade proposal for him comes along from a team that they just can't say no to or behind closed doors stuff if he really is unhappy playing for the Spurs and wants out. I'd say he is staying a Spur this whole season.

Ditty
10-19-2016, 03:31 AM
Aldridge is not going to get traded this season at least trust me :lol

What a terrible/stupid rumor in the first place to get Spurs fans all riled up.

Chinook
10-19-2016, 07:45 AM
Hence why this and the SAEN thread should be merged. There is the same information in both threads, and the SAEN one is being misrepresented.

BillMc
10-19-2016, 08:04 AM
In the Western Conference Preview NBA Lockdown, they talk very briefly about LMA trade rumors. http://www.espn.com/espnradio/playPopup?id=17827142

Start talking about the Spurs at about 8:00. Takes them about a minute to get to LMA rumors.

spursistan
10-19-2016, 08:46 AM
In the Western Conference Preview NBA Lockdown, they talk very briefly about LMA trade rumors. http://www.espn.com/espnradio/playPopup?id=17827142

Start talking about the Spurs at about 8:00. Takes them about a minute to get to LMA rumors.

Awaiting Woj take/skinny on this..these radio blowhards are useless..

Keepin' it real
10-19-2016, 08:58 AM
Aldridge is not going to get traded this season at least trust me :lol

http://toplinecomms.com/files/thumb/854/0

NameLess Scrub
10-19-2016, 11:18 AM
SAEN is suggesting that LMA has asked for a trade and had last season before the Spurs "figured out how to use him". Young is saying LMA isn't happy about not being the focus of the offense over Kawhi. Could totally see the Spurs drawing the line there.

I thought he knew what the plans were for him before signing.

cd021
10-19-2016, 03:15 PM
I thought he knew what the plans were for him before signing.

I got this impression too, but he did leave Portland partly because of Lillard. KL has taken a big jump forward in terms of play and exposure, maybe those feelings might be creeping in again.

cd021
10-19-2016, 03:17 PM
Awaiting Woj take/skinny on this..these radio blowhards are useless..

Lowe did a pod with Stein after the season and Lowe mentioned that the Spurs may have been briefly looking into a deal based on talk with out execs and Stein sounded as though he had heard the exact same thing from his sources....

spursistan
10-19-2016, 03:58 PM
Merge these two or three threads into one and call it "Aldridge trade rumors"..This topic is is going to be hot all year-long and into next offseason..

It is pretty annoying how on this site you see Mods lurk around doing nothing even after getting the mentions to come and clean the board..

NameLess Scrub
10-19-2016, 05:53 PM
I got this impression too, but he did leave Portland partly because of Lillard. KL has taken a big jump forward in terms of play and exposure, maybe those feelings might be creeping in again.

Who knows? That could happen.

In any case, I think Kawhi's development was expected in the '15 off-season.

Seventyniner
10-19-2016, 06:58 PM
This whole "Spurs are not contenders" thing is way overblown. The Spurs have a better chance of winning the title right now than the Cavs did when they were down 3-1.

Spurs9
10-19-2016, 07:24 PM
Tspense needs to weigh in

TheDoctor
11-04-2016, 10:55 PM
Merge these two or three threads into one and call it "Aldridge trade rumors"..This topic is is going to be hot all year-long and into next offseason..

It is pretty annoying how on this site you see Mods lurk around doing nothing even after getting the mentions to come and clean the board..