PDA

View Full Version : SAEN confirms Aldridge is on the trading block.

Pages : [1] 2

MaNu4Tres
10-18-2016, 03:04 PM
http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/With-trade-rumors-surfacing-Aldridge-s-future-9981115.php

"The Express-News has been informed the Spurs are open to trading the former Longhorn should the right package surface."

Let the proposals begin..

spursistan
10-18-2016, 03:07 PM
astonishing turn of events if this is confirmed by Woj :wow

gambit1990
10-18-2016, 03:08 PM
wow...

lefty
10-18-2016, 03:10 PM
http://66.media.tumblr.com/6035b5671f17837fadda8805c9dd7698/tumblr_inline_nnhwm29dnZ1sz0a39_500.gif

gambit1990
10-18-2016, 03:10 PM
talk about unexpected... with the season about to start too...

can't wait to hear about some offers...

Chinook
10-18-2016, 03:11 PM
Didn't need a thread, especially without tweets.

Hoops Czar
10-18-2016, 03:12 PM
Wait, I thought this was a crock of poop?

lefty
Didn't need a thread, especially without tweets.
And the tweet has to be embedded!!!!

HarlemHeat37
:lmao sources report Aldridge may not be happy playing 2nd fiddle to Kawhi..

Damn, who could have known that Aldridge is a cancerous loser? :lmao

lefty
10-18-2016, 03:13 PM
Plus, he sets lazy picks tbh

spursistan
HarlemHeat37 :lol

ceperez
What the hell.... the season hasn't even started and Spurs are trading him away already???

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/243650/LaMarcus-Aldridge-Could-Be-Traded-By-Spurs-This-Season

K...
10-18-2016, 03:14 PM
Is this just the express news sniffing the espn trash?

Darius Bieber
10-18-2016, 03:15 PM
Did any of you actually read the article?

"Don't be surprised if the Spurs play out this season with Aldridge. Should they fail to advance to at least the Western Conference Finals, maybe look to trade him next offseason. But if any rumored friction continues to progress, something could be done sooner."

lefty
10-18-2016, 03:15 PM
Hopefully for a real PG

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m37go7mT0Z1r9rjs4.gif

Hoops Czar
10-18-2016, 03:16 PM

But, I thought Damien Lillard was the Cancer?

Spur|n|Austin
You created a new thread about this? It was just an article by SAEN about the tweet from Jackie..

Yes.

lefty
Yes we read the article

But we can dream !!!!!

Chris
Why did you create another thread for this?

spursistan
10-18-2016, 03:17 PM
if LMA is actually agitating because he fuckin' jealous of the most selfless All star in the league and the heir to Duncan in that department :lmao..

10-18-2016, 03:18 PM
Not entirely surprised... I think it's just not brought up more often because it's so uncharacteristic of the Spurs.

Aldridge only has 2-3 years left in his prime. In the next 3 years, the league will be dominated by the Warriors and to a smaller extent, the Cavs. The Spurs then still have to deal with Parker occupying the starting PG spot (against a conference full of elite point guards he can't defend). And the Spur have to deal with Ginobili's retirement.

Better to just trade Aldridge now while he's still in his prime and try to get a younger core around Kawhi.

cd98
10-18-2016, 03:19 PM
This reads like a gossip column. Everything we read last year was how he was deferring and trying to fit in and the Spurs had to force him to step up and take more shots and become more of an offensive force. I wonder if some of this stuff is just made up versus actual confirmation.

ginobilized
10-18-2016, 03:21 PM
It spoke volumes that Kawhi is skipping his college HOF induction and LA missed a Spurs game for his.

Might be a very interesting year. Hypothetically, what would be some ideal trades?

Of course, all of this might be some combination of rumors, innuendo and lies.

spursreport
10-18-2016, 03:23 PM
Not entirely surprised... I think it's just not brought up more often because it's so uncharacteristic of the Spurs.

Aldridge only has 2-3 years left in his prime. In the next 3 years, the league will be dominated by the Warriors and to a smaller extent, the Cavs. The Spurs then still have to deal with Parker occupying the starting PG spot (against a conference full of elite point guards he can't defend). And the Spur have to deal with Ginobili's retirement.

Better to just trade Aldridge now while he's still in his prime and try to get a younger core around Kawhi.

Warriors aren't dominating shit. Point guard led teams don't win titles, and Kevin Durant is Peyton Manning in the playoffs. Get off the PS4.

Hoops Czar
10-18-2016, 03:23 PM
This reads like a gossip column. Everything we read last year was how he was deferring and trying to fit in and the Spurs had to force him to step up and take more shots and become more of an offensive force. I wonder if some of this stuff is just made up versus actual confirmation.

What's funny is all that talk from Marc Gasol about Pau joining the Spurs even though he hadn't spoken to him personally was taken as gospel, but this is made up conjecture. :lol

gambit1990
10-18-2016, 03:24 PM
i'll start devin booker over parker.

if la gets traded pleeease send tp as well.

HarlemHeat37
10-18-2016, 03:26 PM
Warriors aren't dominating shit. Point guard led teams don't win titles, and Kevin Durant is Peyton Manning in the playoffs. Get off the PS4.

They just won 2 years ago with a PG leading them in every relevant category:lol..stop dreaming, tbh..

kaji157
10-18-2016, 03:26 PM
I don´t think it´s true, and it will really hurt us in terms of ever atracting another star in FA.
While i have mi doubts about LMA, he has had a fairly good first year considering a lot of things that went wrong. Specially considering what happened to Timmy that was not expected.
I think, at least, he should be given the chance to lead with Kawhi for one season, we won´t have the pressure to get the championship this season and that may be an advantage.
If we really trade LMA now, we can say goodbye for any FA aquisitions in the near future, and that´s a tough thing considering we will have a lot of cap during the next two open markets.
The only scenario where i can see the team profiting for a trade is if LMA ask´s for it and the Spurs get a great prospect in return, as some were saying, Anthony Davis type of prospect.
Other than that, we are letting go a very good player on a very good contract.

HarlemHeat37
10-18-2016, 03:28 PM
Unfortunately, there are no realistic Aldridge trades that would help the Spurs, anyways, tbh..

Maybe Sacramento would give up Cousins, but I doubt it..Philly might give up Okafor and Noel, but neither is anywhere near Aldridge, in terms of impact..

Spurs will retain him and be eliminated in the 2nd round, per par..

szkorhetz
10-18-2016, 03:29 PM
Bullshit.

cd98
10-18-2016, 03:29 PM
It spoke volumes that Kawhi is skipping his college HOF induction and LA missed a Spurs game for his.

Might be a very interesting year. Hypothetically, what would be some ideal trades?

Of course, all of this might be some combination of rumors, innuendo and lies.

Really? Speaks volumes that he missed a preseason game? I think that's no big deal. I don't buy this story. I could be wrong, but it fits his stereotype too much.

gambit1990
10-18-2016, 03:32 PM
can tyson chandler still play?

i'll get the ball rolling...

bledsoe, booker, chandler for lma, parker works out: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hce8bgd

TheGreatYacht
10-18-2016, 03:33 PM
Harlem is the biggest LMA hater on the forum, so take his "rumors" for what they are.... :lol

TheGreatYacht
10-18-2016, 03:34 PM
Also at anybody who thinks Express News has a fucking scoop :lmao

How come they waited until ESPN made this rumor up?

Hoops Czar
10-18-2016, 03:34 PM
Unfortunately, there are no realistic Aldridge trades that would help the Spurs, anyways, tbh..

Maybe Sacramento would give up Cousins, but I doubt it..Philly might give up Okafor and Noel, but neither is anywhere near Aldridge, in terms of impact..

Spurs will retain him and be eliminated in the 2nd round, per par..

Blake Griffin is a free agent at season's end and he doesn't have a strong bond with CP3. He'd be much more of a force than Aldridge and the Spurs would have the cap room to sign him in the offseason.

ginobilized
10-18-2016, 03:36 PM
Really? Speaks volumes that he missed a preseason game? I think that's no big deal. I don't buy this story. I could be wrong, but it fits his stereotype too much.

I'm reading a lot into it, but it speaks volumes to me about work ethic and dedication. I'd figure that could be felt by the team and that Kawhi and LA are sending very different messages to their coaches and teammates about the importance of preseason.
I'm old school, though. And old.

ginobilized
10-18-2016, 03:36 PM

I'm reading a lot into it, but it speaks volumes to me about work ethic and dedication. I'd figure that could be felt by the team and that Kawhi and LA are sending very different messages to their coaches and teammates about the importance of preseason.
I'm old school, though. And old.

HarlemHeat37
10-18-2016, 03:38 PM
Blake Griffin is a free agent at season's end and he doesn't have a strong bond with CP3. He'd be much more of a force than Aldridge and the Spurs would have the cap room to sign him in the offseason.

Blake is way too big for the Spurs, tbh..he's a top 5 star in the league in terms of marketing, etc..

If he goes to a small market, why not go home and play with Westbrook?

The only star I could imagine with the Spurs is Chris Paul, since he's close with Tim and TP..

SPURt
10-18-2016, 03:41 PM
MacMullan said he wouldn't want Aldridge after the things he's heard. I wonder what he did?

Spur|n|Austin
10-18-2016, 03:43 PM
MacMullan said he wouldn't want Aldridge after the things he's heard. I wonder what he did?

MacMullan is a she.

SPURt
10-18-2016, 03:45 PM
MacMullan is a she.
My bad lol...

ceperez
10-18-2016, 03:45 PM
This could be a Kevin Love for Aldridge trade. :-(

Juan
10-18-2016, 03:46 PM
http://oi67.tinypic.com/10rldll.jpg

Juan
10-18-2016, 03:48 PM
http://oi64.tinypic.com/2u55l02.jpg

Solid D
Jabari Young wrote the EN article.

Budkin
There is nothing new in this article. Total bullshit.

Chinook
10-18-2016, 03:50 PM
Slomo, can we merge these threads? They are literally about the same thing.

Hoops Czar
10-18-2016, 03:50 PM
Blake is way too big for the Spurs, tbh..he's a top 5 star in the league in terms of marketing, etc..

If he goes to a small market, why not go home and play with Westbrook?

The only star I could imagine with the Spurs is Chris Paul, since he's close with Tim and TP..

Because the Westbrook situation is fluid and there's no guarantee that he's going to stick it out long term in OKC.

SPURt
10-18-2016, 03:53 PM
This could be a Kevin Love for Aldridge trade. :-(
That was my first thought! Ugh, maybe the Spurs will surprise the world and pry Hayward/Gobert from Utah.

ceperez
10-18-2016, 03:54 PM
Spurs in a very bad spot here, even if there rumors may not even true.

I think there's some truth in it though. Unfortunately, even if true, there's nobody to trade for.

MaNu4Tres
10-18-2016, 03:57 PM
Slomo, can we merge these threads? They are literally about the same thing.

Apparently nobody read the part, "The Express-News has been informed the Spurs are open to trading the former Longhorn should the right package surface."

As if Jabari means he was informed by Jackies' column.

Chinook
10-18-2016, 03:59 PM
Apparently nobody read the part, "The Express-News has been informed the Spurs are open to trading the former Longhorn should the right package surface."

As if Jabari means he was informed by Jackies' column.

I'm sure they're open to trading Green as well if someone blows them away. That's not news. The reason why this should be merged is that's it's the same discussion in two different threads made within hours of each other. There's no point in having two.

RD2191
10-18-2016, 04:01 PM
OP with the troll bait goods TBH :lol

MaNu4Tres
10-18-2016, 04:05 PM
I'm sure they're open to trading Green as well if someone blows them away. That's not news. The reason why this should be merged is that's it's the same discussion in two different threads made within hours of each other. There's no point in having two.

Open to trading, means they're on the block.

Open to trading, means they would like to part with him for the right deal.

You don't hear about this ever with the Spurs about a player they're willing to trade, especially early in the season when it can ruin the locker room. There's fire to this smoke. IMO

Jackie's column was out of no where, but she has credibility.

Jabari's column had most of Jackie's article, yes, but he also confirmed that he is on the block.

GSH
10-18-2016, 04:07 PM
Trading LMA would leave the Spurs so weak at the 4 that they would have zero chance of contending, and they would be into re-build mode. So they would be looking for re-build pieces in exchange for him.

I mentioned it in the other thread, but Boston is so close to the cap line that they would have to pretty much match LMA's salary. They have the right to swap first round picks with Brooklyn next season, but they don't have an extra first-rounder until 2018. They have some second round picks to throw in a deal, but that's not what the Spurs need in exchange for a player of LMA's caliber. At the very least, trading him to Boston would make for a longer-term rebuild, since they wouldn't be getting a 2017 first round pick, nor any significant cap relief for 2017.

The article mentions Phoenix. They don't have any incoming picks, so I'm sure they would want to make their 2017 pick lottery-protected. So the Spurs would be getting... Brandon Knight and Kris Humphries in exchange?

Philly, Denver, and Utah could at least offer a decent 2017 first round pick. Utah seems the least likely, for a variety of reasons.

The article says that there were "rumors" that LMA wanted to be traded before the deadline last season? Seriously? He signed with the Spurs in the offseason, and they were .800 in November, and then .900 in December... and he wanted out? He was probably getting 16 or so FGA per game, which was less than in Portland, but not a hell of a lot less - and they were better quality shots... and he wanted out?

Within a couple of months after signing with a new team, and everything was going right, and he wanted out? The only two teams that he could have POSSIBLY thought were better would have been GSW and the Cavs. I think there are a lot of people who get paid to generate hits on websites, and they write shit that will do that.

If the Spurs are really going to get into rebuild mode, they should have their asses kicked for not doing it during the offseason. Right now, there are a bunch of players who have never suited up for their new teams, so there are Base Year Compensation issues, etc. Meh... I'll say it again - the only way I see this happening is if LMA is REALLY in bitch mode.

spursistan
10-18-2016, 04:07 PM
Now i believe that Lowe "crazy prediction" about a potential LMA trade wasn't pulled out of his ass..I'm convinced he heard something about it from legit sources around the Spurs and he chose to formulate it half-seriously..

If true-- only Woj word matters - you have to wonder what triggered the very rumor t in the first place: did Durant-to-Warriors change the calculus for PATFO (rebuild around Kawhi NOW)? is a Lillard-LMA situation 2.0 with Kawhi developing? Aldridge work ethics? etc..Still doubt he gets shipped this season unless he comes to them and demand it whether straight out or by acting like he would want to.

Chinook
10-18-2016, 04:08 PM
Open to trading, means they're on the block.

You're getting off that bus by yourself. The Warriors would trade Klay for the right package to, but he's not on the block. Same with Cleveland and Love.

GSH
10-18-2016, 04:08 PM

Pop has said many times that the team is "open" to talking about nearly anything. They've never apologized for it, and it really isn't news.

Hoops Czar
10-18-2016, 04:09 PM
You're getting off that bus by yourself. The Warriors would trade Klay for the right package to, but he's not on the block. Same with Cleveland and Love.

No they wouldn't.

tmtcsc
10-18-2016, 04:09 PM
If the Express News has heard something, its because the Spurs organization was ok with letting it out. This is very real. I hope they get something better in return. SMH at Divas.

Chinook
10-18-2016, 04:10 PM
No they wouldn't.

Of course they would.

TheGreatYacht
10-18-2016, 04:11 PM
Also at anybody who thinks Express News has a fucking scoop :lmao

How come they waited until ESPN made this rumor up?

Chinook
10-18-2016, 04:12 PM
If the Express News has heard something, its because the Spurs organization was ok with letting it out. This is very real. I hope they get something better in return. SMH at Divas.

Remember that Young was in Portland with Aldridge, so this didn't have to come from the Spurs. But if this is just something that's been brewing, I can't see why they didn't trade him during the draft. Could've attacked this summer completely differently. I mean, they had him go to the Durant meeting, so it's obvious that they assumed he'd be a Spurs long term and that he was okay with more offense coming onto the team.

tmtcsc
10-18-2016, 04:16 PM
Damn, the timing of this thing is awful. A week before the season and on Open Scrimmage night. Too funny.

picnroll
10-18-2016, 04:21 PM
Aldridge for the Celtics Brooklyn pick and Bradley. Bunch of outstanding PG in next years draft. One year of slight tanking.

Robz4000
10-18-2016, 04:21 PM
Did tspence confirm it?

Chris
10-18-2016, 04:23 PM
Did tspence confirm it?

This has Wojtek written all over it

Robz4000
10-18-2016, 04:25 PM
This has Wojtek written all over it

If either of them confirm this then we have a problem. Until then, how many double-doubles do you think LMA puts up this season? Setting the O/U at 35.

tonight...you
10-18-2016, 04:25 PM
I'm cool with it...

Chris
10-18-2016, 04:32 PM
If either of them confirm this then we have a problem. Until then, how many double-doubles do you think LMA puts up this season? Setting the O/U at 35.

Depends on Porker and if he decides to go full on Enrique

coachmac87
10-18-2016, 04:32 PM
Source has told me that he's 100% on the block. "He's a diva"

Chinook
10-18-2016, 04:34 PM
Source has told me that he's 100% on the block. "He's a diva"

Thanks, Coach.

MaNu4Tres
10-18-2016, 04:35 PM

I'm sure the Cavs would but they wouldn't let it come out of their mouth and into the public before the season starts when it can hurt a locker room and have a local beat writer who covers the team confirm it.

It's not like it was an accident to get out into the public, Pop and RC have been doing this for too long and have done a great job about keeping what they're thinking in house. For this to get out, says a lot.

coachmac87
10-18-2016, 04:36 PM
Thanks, Coach.

No problem. I didn't think it was true but he's telling me it's all about Kawhi being Spurs team...

Fuck that. It's not about #'s it's about winning....he's gotta go

LkrFan
10-18-2016, 04:37 PM
:corn:

spursistan
10-18-2016, 04:45 PM
I'm sure the Cavs would but they wouldn't let it come out of their mouth and into the public before the season starts when it can hurt a locker room and have a local beat writer who covers the team confirm it.

It's not like it was an accident to get out into the public, Pop and RC have been doing this for too long and have done a great job about keeping what they're thinking in house. For this to get out, says a lot.

You won't/never hear leaks about Spurs role players on the trade block, but it happened for a top 2 player :wow..Even when Stephen Jackson cancered it up something fierce on his way to getting waived in 2013, nothing came out before the news dropped..

TheGreatYacht
10-18-2016, 04:47 PM
Remember when the Spurs were "close" to trading Kawhi for Josh Smith? :lol

Chinook
10-18-2016, 04:49 PM
Remember when the Spurs were "close" to trading Kawhi for Josh Smith? :lol

And Green for Josh Howard after he was already done.

Mugen
10-18-2016, 04:49 PM
Trade Porky too tbh.

gambit1990
10-18-2016, 04:53 PM
can you imagine if he isn't dressed to play tonight?

i think he will be though.

MaNu4Tres
10-18-2016, 04:54 PM
Just for fun:

Aldridge + Anderson + Simmons for Faried + Wilson Chandler + Jamal Murray.

Nuggets probably say no to include Jamal Murray. May have to settle with Hernangomez or Beasley and a 1st.

Chinook
10-18-2016, 04:56 PM
Chandler and Murray are fine. Not trying to get Faried and need another prospect.

gambit1990
10-18-2016, 04:56 PM
if a reporter asks pop about this...

MaNu4Tres
10-18-2016, 04:57 PM
Chandler and Murray are fine. Not trying to get Faried and need another prospect.

Taking on Faried will give the Spurs more leverage for Murray and possibly a pick though.

alpha_HaZE
10-18-2016, 04:59 PM
league source the Spurs are open to trading the former Longhorn should the right package surface. Those within the Spurs refuted the suggestion, saying no talks have occurred with any team.

I repeat, those within the Spurs refuted the suggestion. Nothing here, of course the Spurs would trade LMA for the right package.

RD2191
if a reporter asks pop about this...

Can't wait TBH. Only good thing to come out of this rumour.

HarlemHeat37
Faried and Chandler are terrible basketball players, tbh..it would only be worth it if Murray is included..

Gibbz
10-18-2016, 05:02 PM
https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/status/788497630531756032

Chinook
Taking on Faried will give the Spurs more leverage for Murray and possibly a pick though.

Something like Gallo Nurkic and Murray.

GSH
May have to settle with Hernangomez or Beasley and a 1st.

Phoenix would make a 1st round pick protected. No way the Spurs actually see a 1st round pick from them in 2017. If you wanted to see the Spurs start improving next year, it would have to be a team with an extra 1st next season. You can keep looking, but I'm telling you that you'll come down to Denver, Philly, or Utah.

I don't think there's a snowball's chance of it happening, but those are the three most likely places for the Spurs to come up with a decent 1st round pick in 2017.

RD2191
10-18-2016, 05:03 PM
Should we trade LMA though? Odds are against us to win it all. Some young talent around Kawhi would be nice.

spursistan
10-18-2016, 05:03 PM
Nuggets are desperate for a "star" to put butts on seats (last in attendance)..you could milk them for more (picks)..Also Wilson Chandler has been out for a year and on the decline..

MaNu4Tres
10-18-2016, 05:04 PM
Something like Gallo Nurkic and Murray.

I'd prefer that deal.. tbh. Gallo > Chandler + Faried.

gambit1990
10-18-2016, 05:04 PM
i like gallo. is he even heathy right now though?

TheGreatYacht
10-18-2016, 05:05 PM
And Green for Josh Howard after he was already done.
All these trading rumors and Manure ain't a part of them. God damn shame

HI-FI
10-18-2016, 05:05 PM
:lol
dafuq is going on

Hopefully for a real PG

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m37go7mT0Z1r9rjs4.gif

TheGreatYacht
10-18-2016, 05:06 PM
Should we trade LMA though? Odds are against us to win it all. Some young talent around Kawhi would be nice.
Hell no RC draft picks have been mediocre lately. Might be all those rejected GM's he's surrounding himself with

spursistan
10-18-2016, 05:08 PM
Hell no RC draft picks have been mediocre lately. Might be all those rejected GM's he's surrounding himself with
Jacque Vaughan, Chris Grant, Mbah mboute :lol

HarlemHeat37
10-18-2016, 05:09 PM
Looking through the trade machine, it's difficult to find any realistic move that would benefit the Spurs, tbh..

I strongly dislike Aldridge, but he's still a top 20 player on a relatively friendly contract, going forward..it would be foolish to trade him for anything less than a star player or multiple decent-impact players and/or young talent..

There isn't a team that has the combination of needing him as a missing piece + notable assets that they would be willing to move..

Chris
10-18-2016, 05:09 PM
Trade Porky too tbh.

HarlemHeat37
10-18-2016, 05:17 PM
Aldridge for Millsap would be fine, but doesn't really make the Spurs much better IMO..more versatile, but worse offensively..

Aldridge for Jimmy Butler? :lol he wants to play PG, he could do it here..

GSH
10-18-2016, 05:21 PM
Looking through the trade machine, it's difficult to find any realistic move that would benefit the Spurs, tbh..

I strongly dislike Aldridge, but he's still a top 20 player on a relatively friendly contract, going forward..it would be foolish to trade him for anything less than a star player or multiple decent-impact players and/or young talent..

There isn't a team that has the combination of needing him as a missing piece + notable assets that they would be willing to move..

Hard to improve on that. That's the bottom line. Unless LMA is showing signs that he's going to pout away a whole season, there's no good reason for the Spurs to do this. They sure as shit won't get better right away. And only a quality first-round pick plus a decent young player could make them better in the medium term.

If the Spurs had moved him in the offseason, and then tanked to get two lottery picks? Fuck yeah, build that future. But getting two first round picks over 30 (even 25) isn't going get it done. And neither is getting someone else's cast-off, over-paid, mid-tier player.

jermaine
10-18-2016, 05:30 PM
https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/status/788497630531756032

Yeap! LMA is good as traded! The Spurs silence speaks volumes!

DrunkTXLabrat
10-18-2016, 05:32 PM
is that lma over-rated thread gone?

tav1
10-18-2016, 05:33 PM
Boogie Cousins? Jimmy Butler? Smart, Brown, + pick? Noel & Okafor + pick? Gasol? Carmelo?

toki9
10-18-2016, 05:35 PM
http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/With-trade-rumors-surfacing-Aldridge-s-future-9981115.php

"The Express-News has been informed the Spurs are open to trading the former Longhorn should the right package surface."

The full quote is: "The Express-News has been informed by a league source the Spurs are open to trading the former Longhorn should the right package surface. Those within the Spurs refuted the suggestion, saying no talks have occurred with any team." That reads a little differently. So someone else besides the Spurs are floating these trade rumors and the Spurs are denying it. So it could be that someone wants him and is feeding JM.

Another interesting quote from the article: "Asked if she would want Aldridge to come to the Boston Celtics, who are loaded with draft picks, MacMullan responded: (http://www.csnne.com/video/macmullan-says-lamarcus-aldridge-could-be-traded-could-celtics-be-match) "No. Not after what I heard the other day I don't. Of course, you would take him on if you could because he's an automatic double-double. But there's just some things about him. There is some stuff going on maybe."". So someone told JM recently of some negative stuff about Aldridge--most likely not someone with the Spurs. Could it be that another team is trying to create a buy cheap opportunity for LM? This all sounds weird.

DrunkTXLabrat
10-18-2016, 05:35 PM
i don't know if the money would balance out, but it'd be cool to see the spurs unite the Gasol brothers and Rubio.

MaNu4Tres
10-18-2016, 05:36 PM
Phoenix would make a 1st round pick protected. No way the Spurs actually see a 1st round pick from them in 2017. If you wanted to see the Spurs start improving next year, it would have to be a team with an extra 1st next season. You can keep looking, but I'm telling you that you'll come down to Denver, Philly, or Utah.

I don't think there's a snowball's chance of it happening, but those are the three most likely places for the Spurs to come up with a decent 1st round pick in 2017.

No idea why you're saying Phoenix. I wasn't referring to them, I was referring to Denver.

spursistan
10-18-2016, 05:39 PM
Aldridge for Millsap would be fine, but doesn't really make the Spurs much better IMO..more versatile, but worse offensively..

Aldridge for Jimmy Butler? :lol he wants to play PG, he could do it here..

If he turns into a full-blown Canceridge and chucks up after every touch, they won't..

apalisoc_9
10-18-2016, 05:50 PM

Called it since day..

This Diva needs to go.

GSH
10-18-2016, 05:55 PM
No idea why you're saying Phoenix. I wasn't referring to them, I was referring to Denver.

Maybe because the story you linked referred to Phoenix and Boston? So I listed the reasons why those two would make shitty trade partners for the Spurs? I guess I could have just picked random teams to talk about.

apalisoc_9
10-18-2016, 05:58 PM
Honestly, this rumor deserves a celebration..

Hopefully the package Porker too..

MaNu4Tres
10-18-2016, 05:58 PM
Maybe because the story you linked referred to Phoenix and Boston? So I listed the reasons why those two would make shitty trade partners for the Spurs? I guess I could have just picked random teams to talk about.

You quoted me talking about Denver as partner though.

spursistan
10-18-2016, 06:03 PM
IT may get denied, but i think the story has some legs...Jabari Young will have to get fired from SAEN or his access curtailed at least for me to believe otherwise..

ceperez
10-18-2016, 06:10 PM

I agree with you here. If this ain't real then Spurs would have shot it down. Spurs' silence is deafening!

apalisoc_9
10-18-2016, 06:11 PM
This news made my day. I onew from day 1 this nigva was a fucking cancer...

Get his fatass out here...and take that other french fatass with you Aldridge.

GSH
10-18-2016, 06:13 PM
You quoted me talking about Denver as partner though.

Oh, shit. That was part of a multi-quote that I thought I got rid of.

dabom

ceperez
Spoke too soon.... rumor has been denied!! http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/10/18/13322546/lamarcus-aldridge-trade-rumors

Baam
10-18-2016, 06:20 PM
Only player I'd be excited about is Dario Saric, he has some young Diaw flashes.

Saric + Noel (who can't wait to leave anyway) + whatever

Aldridge makes little sense for them tho given the age difference with Embiid and Simmons.

SAGirl
10-18-2016, 06:23 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/629044192350572544/M72Iic4P_bigger.png Jeff McDonald Verified account ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN (https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN)

FWIW, Spurs sources are denying trade talks involving LaMarcus Aldridge have taken place.

It seems from that article that Jabari just took the McMillan comments and added his own source just by verifying with League sources that it's a possibility, that was it.

Nothing was confirmed from Spurs and as seen above by McDonald, Spurs denied it.

Ultimately what upsets me a little bit is that if LMA was going to be traded, they could have approached their offseason very differently, as others pointed out.

Even if the rumor is just gossip, I am left with the feeling that there is trouble in paradise. I wonder if the addition of Pau, another self proclaimed diva aged PF who wouldn't come off the bench if it was needed for anybody, a known offensive player who likes touches has complicated matters for Aldridge. Just somehow, my picture of the Spurs for this season is less rosy.

None of it makes sense. It only makes sense if LMA asked out. Manu's report is that last season's team had incredible chemistry, were fun to be around, they had a historic franchise season and if it wasn't for Tim's good knee going bad, they could be telling a different story at least in the 2nd round. LMA also seemed to genuinely want to fit in.

Disbelief is what comes to my mind right now, just wow, then after that initial shock, depression bc I am lees enthused about the team's chemistry and prospect for the season even if LMA is not traded.

MaNu4Tres
10-18-2016, 06:52 PM
Oh, shit. That was part of a multi-quote that I thought I got rid of.

How dare you misquote? :lol

All good. Understood now.

da_suns_fan
10-18-2016, 07:22 PM

bledsoe, booker, chandler for lma, parker works out: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hce8bgd

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol :lol:lol:lol

TheGreatYacht
10-18-2016, 07:47 PM
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol :lol:lol:lol
Damn, even Sunsfan is laughing at the worst poster in the forum lmfao

gambit1990
10-18-2016, 07:51 PM
can you imagine if he isn't dressed to play tonight?

i think he will be though.
la is dressed, not playing. is there an official reason why?

timtonymanu
10-18-2016, 07:58 PM
We'll see what happens but if the speculation about him being jealous has any truth, then :lol.

He can't even make it past the 2nd round and choked in Game 5 last year. Also a known mental midget. If he pulls this stunt, he will look even worse to me than RJ ever was.

GSH
10-18-2016, 07:59 PM
la is dressed, not playing. is there an official reason why?

They want to be sure he can pass the physical in Boston.

TheGreatYacht
10-18-2016, 08:00 PM
Why would we trade our best player, and the guy that carried us against OKC? :lol

YGWHI
10-18-2016, 08:05 PM
Why would we trade our best player, and the guy that carried us against OKC? :lol

Once again you gets it wrong...Kawhi isn't on the trade-talks, it's LMA.

The guy who played good in only two games against OKC and now his buddy says he's jealous of our best player like he was with Lillard.

TheGreatYacht
10-18-2016, 08:09 PM
Once again you gets it wrong...Kawhi isn't on the trade-talks, it's LMA.

The guy who played good in only two games against OKC and now his buddy says he's jealous of our best player like he was with Lillard.
I'm not talking about Kawhi, the guy that let Roberson "force his will" on him :lol

Im talking about Aldridge who outplayed Kiwi after game 2 as well...

timtonymanu
10-18-2016, 08:09 PM
TGY will probably kill himself if Softdridge is traded and Kawhi and Manu get to stay

RD2191
10-18-2016, 08:11 PM
TGY will probably kill himself if Softdridge is traded and Kawhi and Manu get to stay

One can only hope.

YGWHI
10-18-2016, 08:13 PM
Im talking about Aldridge who outplayed Kiwi after game 2 as well...

Damn, you're desperate....:lmao "But but LMA couldn't hit the ocean in the next 4 games so what? he was good!!!" :cry

Just for the record, I don't want LMA to be traded and I doubt the Spurs want to trade him. It's him, LMA crying like a b..., all the Kawhi MVP talks hurting his ego.

sasaint
10-18-2016, 08:14 PM

Boston doesn't have anybody to trade at this time who would interest me much. Plus don't see salaries working. Besides, Boston signed Horford... Don't see Boston at all.

TheGreatYacht
10-18-2016, 08:18 PM
Just for the record, I don't want LMA to be traded and I doubt the Spurs want to trade him. It's him, LMA crying like a b..., all the Kawhi MVP talks hurting his ego.
Kawhi and MVP talks? :lmao worry about being better than Melo first lmfao

Dre_7
10-18-2016, 08:21 PM

You do realize he finished 2nd in MVP voting last year, right?

waisman
10-18-2016, 08:22 PM
lets tank

TheGreatYacht
10-18-2016, 08:22 PM
You do realize he finished 2nd in MVP voting last year, right?
Yeah, ahead of lebron. Tells you all you need to know about the voting process

TheGreatYacht
10-18-2016, 08:24 PM

Sorry Kiwitards

ceperez
10-18-2016, 08:24 PM
The fact that LMA missed the scrimmage only fuels the trade rumor flames more.

tonight...you
10-18-2016, 08:32 PM
The fact that LMA missed the scrimmage only fuels the trade rumor flames more.
http://38.media.tumblr.com/0858a9565dab084dcdf8b9e565c5da25/tumblr_nphwi1yoBM1s2wio8o1_500.gif

YGWHI
10-18-2016, 08:32 PM

If LMA was so upset about the whole situation with Lillard...how you think he felt about Kawhi finishing MVP runner up, All NBA first team, and the media giving Kawhi and not him the attention?

I always say that LMA was a dream addition, the Spurs, got the best FA in the markert!! we could just dream about a deal like that in the previous years, I thought he'll be even better this season, but now, F.CK HIM

If he's asking for a trade, LMA's not only ruining this Spurs season, he's ruining our chances with other big-name FA's in the future.

F...CK HIM!!!

tonight...you
10-18-2016, 08:33 PM
If LMA was so upset about the whole situation with Lillard...how you think he felt about Kawhi finishing MVP runner up, All NBA first team, and the media giving Kawhi and not him the attention?

I always say that LMA was a dream addition, the Spurs, got the best FA in the markert!! we could just dream about a deal like that in the previous years, I thought he'll be even better this season, but now, F.CK HIM

If he's asking for a trade, LMA's not only ruining this Spurs season, he's ruining our chances with other big-name FA's in the future.

F...CK HIM!!!
He ain't asking for anything. Slow your estrogen intake.

Dre_7
10-18-2016, 08:34 PM
Aldridge ain't going anywhere.

timtonymanu
10-18-2016, 08:34 PM
:lmao Kawhi's supporting cast while entering his prime.

YGWHI
10-18-2016, 08:36 PM

Just 'April' fools on Octuber?

Wasn't that funny.

tonight...you
10-18-2016, 08:36 PM
:lmao Kawhi's supporting cast while entering his prime.
:lmao at something that's been dreamed up.

sasaint
10-18-2016, 08:40 PM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/0858a9565dab084dcdf8b9e565c5da25/tumblr_nphwi1yoBM1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Russ Meyer's masterpiece on ST. Purrfect! :lmao

tonight...you
10-18-2016, 08:43 PM
Russ Meyer's masterpiece on ST. Purrfect! :lmao
I've been on a Tura Satana binge tonight. How could I not?

GSH
10-18-2016, 08:44 PM
Boston doesn't have anybody to trade at this time who would interest me much. Plus don't see salaries working. Besides, Boston signed Horford... Don't see Boston at all.

LOL. You probably don't remember who says what here. (I don't a lot of the time.) I've been saying all day that Boston isn't in the picture, even if they were looking to trade LMA. I was just making a joke.

sasaint
10-18-2016, 08:47 PM
LOL. You probably don't remember who says what here. (I don't a lot of the time.) I've been saying all day that Boston isn't in the picture, even if they were looking to trade LMA. I was just making a joke.

I thought that was a bizarre take coming from you! :tu

sasaint
10-18-2016, 08:51 PM
I've been on a Tura Satana binge tonight. How could I not?

THAT kind of binge, eh? Didn't know there was enough of her material for a binge, tbh!

tonight...you
10-18-2016, 08:53 PM
THAT kind of binge, eh? Didn't know there was enough of her material for a binge, tbh!
At least 5 films, that I know of... maybe there's more! Heading to IMDB...

sasaint
10-18-2016, 08:56 PM
At least 5 films, that I know of... maybe there's more! Heading to IMDB...

I was an IMDB hound long before I started lurking around ST. :tu

sananspursfan21
10-18-2016, 09:02 PM

I like Jae Crowder, who would be redundant at the small forward. With his skill set though, if the Spurs wanted to go small ball, he could run the 4. I hate small ball but if they want to play into the trend, Crowder would make a good addition....with other pieces of course. I don't think the a straight swap would benefit the Spurs.

daslicer
10-18-2016, 09:04 PM
Lamarcus is a top 10-15 player. Definitely not a player you trade unless he's disrupting the lockerroom. I'm not a fan of rebuilding. Some of these idiots who want to rebuild don't realize that watching a 30-40 win team is not fun to watch. I rather the Spurs continue to be a 50 plus win team and see where the chips fall. No need to break up a top 4 team.

spurraider21
10-18-2016, 09:07 PM
he's not getting traded tbh, this "report" is retarded

GSH
10-18-2016, 09:11 PM
I like Jae Crowder, who would be redundant at the small forward. With his skill set though, if the Spurs wanted to go small ball, he could run the 4. I hate small ball but if they want to play into the trend, Crowder would make a good addition....with other pieces of course. I don't think the a straight swap would benefit the Spurs.

Boston is right at the cap line. A smidge below, but close enough that the salaries would have to be matched. Crowder is a good young player, but he's making $6M this year. Boston has a bunch of young guys on fairly cheap contracts. They aren't going to let go of enough of them to balance the trade, and the few that are making more money for them don't make sense. I just don't see any way Boston would get LMA, even if the Spurs really were trying to trade him for a mixed bag of average players.

tbdog
10-18-2016, 09:17 PM
Yeh Amir Johnson and Crowder would have to be included. Just not worth it. The truth is, the rumours have been shut down, but also we are not looking for any cap releaf next season, but rather the season after, when Gasol and Parker contract expires, leaving 30 mil to play with.

Ice009
10-18-2016, 10:16 PM
The full quote is: "The Express-News has been informed by a league source the Spurs are open to trading the former Longhorn should the right package surface. Those within the Spurs refuted the suggestion, saying no talks have occurred with any team." That reads a little differently. So someone else besides the Spurs are floating these trade rumors and the Spurs are denying it. So it could be that someone wants him and is feeding JM.

Another interesting quote from the article: "Asked if she would want Aldridge to come to the Boston Celtics, who are loaded with draft picks, MacMullan responded: (http://www.csnne.com/video/macmullan-says-lamarcus-aldridge-could-be-traded-could-celtics-be-match) "No. Not after what I heard the other day I don't. Of course, you would take him on if you could because he's an automatic double-double. But there's just some things about him. There is some stuff going on maybe."". So someone told JM recently of some negative stuff about Aldridge--most likely not someone with the Spurs. Could it be that another team is trying to create a buy cheap opportunity for LM? This all sounds weird.

Wow. Very surprised to come on today and see this thread. I wonder what JM heard about him?

ElNono
10-18-2016, 10:27 PM
It's not so bad... we would basically start Anderson at the 4 and....

HarlemHeat37
10-18-2016, 10:28 PM
As much as I would love to see Aldridge's soft ass get traded, there's probably a <5% chance of it happening at any point prior to next off-season, tbh..there just isn't a move that makes sense for the Spurs..

Also, as unlikely as it is, they're still a Curry or Durant injury away from contending, so might as well take your puncher's chance..

Kawhitstorm
10-18-2016, 10:29 PM
Boston is right at the cap line. A smidge below, but close enough that the salaries would have to be matched. Crowder is a good young player, but he's making $6M this year. Boston has a bunch of young guys on fairly cheap contracts. They aren't going to let go of enough of them to balance the trade, and the few that are making more money for them don't make sense. I just don't see any way Boston would get LMA, even if the Spurs really were trying to trade him for a mixed bag of average players.

Boston could do something like Avery Bradley + Amir Johnson (for salary purposes) + Nets' pick

Kawhitstorm
10-18-2016, 10:37 PM
As much as I would love to see Aldridge's soft ass get traded, there's probably a <5% chance of it happening at any point prior to next off-season, tbh..there just isn't a move that makes sense for the Spurs..

Also, as unlikely as it is, they're still a Curry or Durant injury away from contending, so might as well take your puncher's chance..

We all know what happened last season when Curry was injured.:lol

In any case, they can always swap him for Millsap so it's probably smart to sit & wait on Blake/Cripples (around the trade deadline) along with desperate teams with assets who strike out on top tier FAs next summer (Suns?).

MaNu4Tres
10-18-2016, 10:38 PM

Next year he'll have even less value than he has now. He'll be a one year rental pretty much unless the team he goes to agrees to extend him and give him the max. It's inevitable he opts out summer of 18'.

Value won't get any higher than it is right now. IMO

raybies
10-18-2016, 10:39 PM

LMA going to Phoenix for Chriss and Knight.
:stirspot

MaNu4Tres
10-18-2016, 10:40 PM
Boston could do something like Avery Bradley + Amir Johnson (for salary purposes) + Nets' pick

For Bradley to make sense, Spurs Would have to trade Mills or Parker. Without moving Parker or Mills, there's wasted value on the roster in the backcourt.

Moving Manu to back up SF, Bradley to SG, Mills to PG is not optimal IMO. Especially defensively because of the size disadvantage. Bradleys' value goes through the roof when he gets to defend PG's.

HarlemHeat37
10-18-2016, 10:43 PM
Next year he'll have even less value than he has now. He'll be a one year rental pretty much unless the team he goes to agrees to extend him and give him the max. It's inevitable he opts out summer of 18'.

That's true, but Spurs are kind of in no man's land, right now..

They can't begin rebuilding by trading Aldridge for assets, since they have Pop, Parker, Ginobili and Gasol on the roster..

They can't trade him in an attempt to improve their title chances for 2016-17, as they won't be able to acquire an upgrade, considering he's a top 20 player that will have some continuity with the team..

sasaint
10-18-2016, 10:51 PM

You hit the nail on the head, but I'm afraid that's not the Spurs' style... unfortunately.

Kawhitstorm
10-18-2016, 10:52 PM

They can't begin rebuilding by trading Aldridge for assets, since they have Pop, Parker, Ginobili and Gasol on the roster..

They can't trade him in an attempt to improve their title chances for 2016-17, as they won't be able to acquire an upgrade, considering he's a top 20 player that will have some continuity with the team..

Cripples are stuck in a conundrum where they have to max out BOTH Blake/Choke-P3 or trade them for other all-stars by the trade deadline if they are going to opt-out b/c they won't have the cap space to sign a quality free agent thanks to Crawford/Rivers essentially occupying a max salary spot.:lol

If I'm Pop, I'm sending GM Doc some fine wine & offering LMA/Kyle for Blake at the trade deadline especially if Blake rocks the boat yet again.

MaNu4Tres
10-18-2016, 10:52 PM

I would rather trade him for a solid solid young complimentary starting caliber piece -- helping the team remain in the top 4 seeds, gain a good young prospect to fill a role off the bench and a 1st round pick. This route can expedite the slight transition in gaining some real ground on the Warriors. Instead of standing pat and not gaining the any assets -- prolonging the transition that will be necessary.

By transition, I do not mean blow up. Its the same thing they had to do when they had to trade a top 4 player on the team in 2011.

GSH
10-18-2016, 10:56 PM

The salaries would work, but I don't think they could stand to let go of Bradley. I could be wrong, but he's been a 2,500 minute player for them.

They only have a single first round pick, and I really don't think they would give up Bradley and their first rounder next year. Not only that, but the swap for the Nets' pick is optional. And if Boston makes the swap, even on SA's behalf, it could also cost Boston their second round pick to the Nets.

I could be wrong, but I didn't see any combination that would satisfy the Spurs and still be tolerable for the C's.

Kawhitstorm
10-18-2016, 10:57 PM
For Bradley to make sense, Spurs Would have to trade Mills or Parker. Without moving Parker or Mills, there's wasted value on the roster in the backcourt.

Moving Manu to back up SF, Bradley to SG, Mills to PG is not optimal IMO. Especially defensively because of the size disadvantage. Bradleys' value goes through the roof when he gets to defend PG's.

Yeah, I already cover bases on that in the "Softridge for Millsap" post:

If I had to pick, I would go w/ Knight+Bender+Tucker then package Patty/Kyle for Willie Cauley-Stein (Hey, it's the Kings::lol).

Knight would be a bonafide 6th man ala Jason Terry while WCS can start alongside Pau who would be the perfect mentor for Bender.

Murray/Knight/Kawhi/Bender/WCS/Bertans would be a solid young core to build upon after Pau/Manu/Tony depart. The team isn't winning a championship w/ Porker as it's starting PG so might as well use his remaining 2 year as a stop gap along w/ Pau.

GSH
10-18-2016, 11:13 PM

If they traded LMA, I could see Gasol deciding not to exercise his option. And I could see Manu hanging them up at the end of this season. Those two guys alone would be $30M less salary than this year. Maybe trade LMA to someone like Philly or Denver, who wouldn't have to send back the full amount of his salary. The Spurs could wind up with a shitload of cash to throw at the FA market. But they could also wind up not being able to get any top FA's to consider them.

Kawhitstorm
10-18-2016, 11:16 PM
The salaries would work, but I don't think they could stand to let go of Bradley. I could be wrong, but he's been a 2,500 minute player for them.

It depends on how desperate they are to land an all-star but Marcus Smart is essentially more skilled version of Tony Allen & can replace Bradley. James Young/Rozier could be their backup guards.

MaNu4Tres
10-18-2016, 11:19 PM
If they traded LMA, I could see Gasol deciding not to exercise his option. And I could see Manu hanging them up at the end of this season. Those two guys alone would be $30M less salary than this year. Maybe trade LMA to someone like Philly or Denver, who wouldn't have to send back the full amount of his salary. The Spurs could wind up with a shitload of cash to throw at the FA market. But they could also wind up not being able to get any top FA's to consider them.

Getting proven younger players like Crowder, Bradley on cheaper/ more valuable deals -- which were signed before the recent cap hit would be optimal IMO. Spurs would net more value going that route oppose to just trading for space + pick. The price for the same value has doubled since they signed their contracts.

Obviously a pick included is necessary to consider a deal with Celtics.

raybies
10-18-2016, 11:25 PM
Here's my thoughts on this:

First of all, I don't think this is a coincidence at all. I think it was put out to hopefully start a bidding war. If it was done quietly, it would have been done with the usual suspects. I think the Spurs want to see what his value is and if it's worth it.

Second of all, you can eliminate Philly and Denver. The Spurs aren't going to trade him to somewhere he doesn't want to go. They are going to be as professional about this as possible. Where is the other place he really wanted to go. Phoenix. I think it starts there. Maybe that is where his heart is. He could be the man there. They have picks, young pieces, and veterans, all necessary components to make a serious offer.

Lastly, if he's not a Spur for life this is the best year to do it. As others have stated, his value is high. Personally I don't think the ethic is there for a player the Spurs want as a pillar. Build with faulty material and you have a bad investment. Also do you think the Spurs want to invest close to 30 mil on a declining player. Not saying he is now and his skill set suggests he could have a long and healthy career but I'm thinking in the terms of what Parker's last contract was. They gambled and now they are paying the price. Personally I think Gasol is a better player now than LMA is, and I'm factoring in team needs. Pau is the low post presence we want LMA to be and he can stretch the defense.

I'm gonna look at trade scenarios with Phoenix.

raybies
10-18-2016, 11:32 PM
Pretty much this:

A)Chandler and Knight are interchangeable salary wise
B)PJ Tucker
C)Chris, Bender
First Round Pick

One from A, and B and one from C. And then if we are lucky we can get a pick. Maybe a mid first or late first. I think they should be able to get out of giving a first with this deal but maybe that's why the Spurs leaked it to the public to raise the offer. I don't think it would get any better than this and it's a place he wanted to go.

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-18-2016, 11:37 PM
Just bring back Duncan

Kawhitstorm
10-18-2016, 11:39 PM
Getting proven younger players like Crowder, Bradley on cheaper/ more valuable deals -- which were signed before the recent cap hit would be optimal IMO. Spurs would net more value going that route oppose to just trading for space + pick. The price for the same value has doubled since they signed their contracts.

Crowder is almost untouchable b/c he has a value contract & play a position where there is a dearth of talent. They can at least replace Bradley w/ Smart but they have no replacement for Crowder.

Spurs9
10-18-2016, 11:43 PM
Why would we trade him tbh? Maybe for Davis or Curry.

SpurPadre
10-18-2016, 11:44 PM
There's a better chance Trump gets elected than LMA getting traded this season, tbh.

T Park
10-18-2016, 11:58 PM
Seeing as Aldridge was at the scrimmage and laughing it up with Pop and others and also MacMullin while solid just says "I've heard stuff"

Usually if someone has something juicy, big, they spill. A lot of this reads as "I've heard" "sources close to the situation"

All unsubstantial crap. The old saying here holds true. Unless Wojnarowski hints it, then it ain't happening or isn't happening.

spurtech09
10-19-2016, 12:00 AM
LMA wants to go to the Warriors I assume......

SpurPadre
10-19-2016, 12:02 AM
Neither of the more credible NBA insiders like Woj, Marc Stein or tspence aka Nostradamus 2.0 have said anything about LMA wanting out. Shit, even that bigot Broussard hasn't talked about this with his famous multiple sources. This isn't happening.

T Park
10-19-2016, 12:08 AM
I don't think Broussard is a bigot, but guys likeSpears, and the other Yahoo guys are silent. If there was something there, guaranteed, they'd be reporting it.

SpurPadre
10-19-2016, 12:11 AM
Broussard is very open about being anti-gay, and so I believe he's a bigot.

gambit1990
10-19-2016, 03:41 AM

Damn, even Sunsfan is laughing at the worst poster in the forum lmfao
he's laughing cause sunsfan knows parker isn't shit.

tell us more about MVParker's trade value thegreatcunt.

gambit1990
10-19-2016, 03:52 AM
if pop doesn't want lma then i don't see why stevens would be after him.

midnightpulp
10-19-2016, 09:38 AM
he's not getting traded tbh, this "report" is retarded

kobyz
10-19-2016, 09:48 AM
Just not long ago, after his game 1,2 against the thunder, everyone here wanted to sit on his dick, amazing the change since then in such little time...

Leetonidas
10-19-2016, 09:52 AM
Just not long ago, after his game 1,2 against the thunder, everyone here wanted to sit on his dick, amazing the change since then in such little time...

Most level headed fans don't want Aldridge traded or have hate for him, just a select few tbh. He's a solid #2 behind kawhi and spurs won't get equal value in a trade, most of us know that and would rather hang onto him.

GSH
10-19-2016, 09:55 AM
Right now I almost wish they WOULD trade LMA, just so there's something legit to talk about until the regular season starts.

Russo21
10-19-2016, 10:25 AM
I call bullshit

lefty
10-19-2016, 10:31 AM
Jakie McMullen

:lmao

rjv
10-19-2016, 10:45 AM
season can't start soon enough...

gameFACE
10-19-2016, 10:48 AM
I always thought the real reason for bringing LMA here was to try and get a going away championship for TD last season. It was worth the gamble. Whether he stays or not doesn't matter now. But get something in return if he goes.

Russo21
10-19-2016, 10:58 AM
Who would the Spurs want instead of Aldridge?
Davis? Griffin? Cousins?
They are the only ones who might be an upgrade and all have their own issues: Injury concerns, mental problems or both.

Then you have other clowns like
Monroe, Drummond, Jordan, Vucevic, Lopez, Ibaka, Horford, Adams, Love, Millsap, Baby Gasol?
No they will all be downgrades or at best, lateral.

The only big i'd trade him for is Karl-Anthony Towns, and the Wolves would tell us to fuck off if we proposed that.

LMA is a great fit for the team, helped us to a franchise best record last year, chose us over many other teams, had a 39 and 40 point game against OKC before dislocating a finger on his shooting hand. He's a great fit for San Antonio and he isn't going anywhere. I hope Pop runs the offense more through LMA instead of Kawhi this season.

Leetonidas
10-19-2016, 11:00 AM
Would you trade Aldridge for Love if the Cavs asked?

J_Paco
10-19-2016, 11:19 AM
he's laughing cause sunsfan knows parker isn't shit.

tell us more about MVParker's trade value thegreatcunt.

He's laughing cause that trade is completely stupid and helps neither team. Bledsoe is headed towards Brandon Roy 2.0, Tyson Chandler sucks and no way on God's green Earth do they trade away one of their best young assets/players for only Tony Parker and LaMarcus Aldridge.

They'll ask for more in return while leaving a gapping hole in San Antonio's lineup going with that dumbass trade.

MaNu4Tres
10-19-2016, 11:19 AM

No.

J_Paco
10-19-2016, 11:25 AM
No.

Then who can they conceivably get that is of equal (or better) value?

Blake Griffin could be a strong possibility, but only if the Clippers know he won't re-sign with them. Outside of him, no one is trading a quality, young big man away for a past 30, nearly out of his prime PF that allegedly has a "poor" work ethic and pouts.

I would love to snag Marquesse Chriss (sp.) and picks from Phoenix, but that kid has a ton of upside and LaMarcus wouldn't improve Phoenix that much at all.

mo7888
10-19-2016, 11:26 AM

Straight up...No.... there's an argument to be made that Love having a longer guaranteed contract and his rebounding and 3 point shooting would fit better offensively but, a frontline of he and Pau would be a sieve defensively.

Brian Windhorst
10-19-2016, 11:33 AM
TBH Aldridge for Bradley + Johnson makes sense if we feel like contending against GSW this year. Bradley, Green, Leonard might be the GOAT defensive perimeter tbh.

But this whole thing seems like BS. I buy Pop not "getting" Aldridge, because Aldridge is a fucking weird dude. I buy Aldridge not wanting to participate in Pop's ra ra liberal hug circles too.

But they aren't going to trade him.

Ron Swanson
10-19-2016, 11:47 AM
No word from Tspence? That tells you all you need to know.

MaNu4Tres
10-19-2016, 11:49 AM
Then who can they conceivably get that is of equal (or better) value?

Blake Griffin could be strong possibility, but only if the Clippers know he won't re-sign with them. Outside of him, no one is trading a quality, young big man away for a past 30, nearly out of his prime PF that allegedly has a "poor" work ethic and pouts.

You don't trade for only A player, unless you can get Griffin or Davis ( both highly unlikely). A Love deal would just be spinning tires and not accomplish anything significant for the team now or for the future.

A deal like LA + Anderson for Amir Johnson, Bradley and BKLYNS 1st round swap in 17' or BKLYN's 18' 1st.

Amir Johnson would fill in a starter complimentary role at PF for a year, then he's off the books.

Bradley would replace Mills' spot in the rotation, but you'd uptick his minutes and cut into Parkers' minutes so he can have significant amount of minutes with Kawhi, Green in crunch-time. Spurs would be become an even bigger monster on the defensive end, all while maintaining or maximizing the usage Leonard needs with how efficient he is.

In the short term, the Spurs would still be a top 5-7 team in the league. Spurs would be a better defensive team this year with Amir/ Bradley than Aldridge/ Mills. Offensively they may take a step back because they won't have Aldridge, but the step back may not be as significant as you may think, since they can now get the value out of Gasol that they signed for. Even if he's not quite at Aldridge's level -- it's still really good. The usage for Gasol would be there now.

Spurs can then turn around and trade Mills to the Hawks for Sefolosha or a wing that's expiring and expendable to them and a 1st.

Then in the off-season, Spurs will have Manu and Amir's contracts off the books, and maybe Gasols' if he opts out. With that space they can add valuable pieces And Spurs will have not only their 1st round pick, but BKLYNs and ATL's as well to draft three prospects to grow with Leonard.

A deal like that where they can still maintain being a top 5-7 team this year and get assets for the future ( Bradley + pick(s)), is the route to go. IMO

Velo
10-19-2016, 11:51 AM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/243659/Spurs-Unlikely-To-Trade-Core-Player-This-Season-Could-Reconsider-If-Out-Of-Title-Contention

The San Antonio Spurs denied a report that they could trade LaMarcus Aldridge this season.

Aldridge signed with the Spurs in free agency in 2015 and had an excellent season but there are questions about his fit and his willingness to defer to Kawhi Leonard.

“This is more Kawhi’s team, and we all fit around him and try to make his life easier,” Aldridge said late last season. “If I was trying to be that guy still, I probably should not have come. I’m OK trying to help Kawhi be great every night.”

Sources expect the Spurs to play this season with their current core intact but could reconsider if they don't consider themselves to be title contenders.

If the Spurs do make Aldridge available, the Phoenix Suns are expected to be a strong suitor.

BD24
10-19-2016, 12:15 PM
I don't want to see LMA leave, but Booker and a few other pieces from Phoenix would be a good haul for him.

I doubt Phoenix is willing to part ways with Booker though. So kind of doesnt matter.

toki9
10-19-2016, 12:18 PM
I wonder if these reports will mean that Jabari Young (and Jeff McDonald to a lesser extent) will be in the doghouse with Pop this season?

skut_farkus
10-19-2016, 01:08 PM
Sounds like Heb put up one too many billboards of kawhi. Lamarcus is a very fragile guy tbh. I can't see many teams offering up enough pieces to satisfy R.C.'s trade requests due to the fact he's a bit of a Diva and has been exposed in the playoffs numerous times now. He probably won't be going anywhere unless he turns into a real locker room issue

CGD
10-19-2016, 02:03 PM
Is this whole string of "stories" based on Lowe's "30 crazy ideas" thought piece? Seems that way, which is just crazy

Keepin' it real
10-19-2016, 03:08 PM
Is this whole string of "stories" based on Lowe's "30 crazy ideas" thought piece? Seems that way, which is just crazy

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-14251-Eddie-Murphy-I-see-what-you-di-PAQX.jpeg

RD2191
10-19-2016, 03:56 PM
This thread should be locked and deleted. There are zero credible reports on LMA being on the trading block.

GSH
10-19-2016, 04:13 PM
This is probably the most sensible-sounding thing I've read about the whole thing. That doesn't mean that it's right, but at least it makes sense:

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/is-the-clock-ticking-on-aldridge-spurs-maybe-not/

BillMc
10-19-2016, 04:50 PM
This is probably the most sensible-sounding thing I've read about the whole thing. That doesn't mean that it's right, but at least it makes sense:

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/is-the-clock-ticking-on-aldridge-spurs-maybe-not/

Good find. Many thanks. Most level-headed look at this I've seen. :toast

I find this line puzzling though:

the Spurs are not going to be the championship contender Aldridge thought he was joining

We won 67 last year, so does that mean, somehow, the writer or the sources he's chatting with have already given up on the Spurs this season and the near future? Who besides the Cavs and Dubs can you argue are more of a contender than us? I guess LMA was disappointed by yet another second round exit last year?

wut
10-19-2016, 05:00 PM
LMA wouldn't have to play 2nd fiddle to Kawhi if he just started performing like it matters.

dabom
10-19-2016, 05:10 PM

We won 67 last year, so does that mean, somehow, the writer or the sources he's chatting with have already given up on the Spurs this season and the near future? Who besides the Cavs and Dubs can you argue are more of a contender than us? I guess LMA was disappointed by yet another second round exit last year?

Even the article doesn't say anything. A pretty much "We'll see" approach. :lol

ESPN "wild ideas" pretty much gave every writer to pen a story with "sources(ESPN column)" as their backbone. Add that everyone has tons of time since its the preseason and you get this snow ball effect. :lmao

SAGirl
10-19-2016, 05:11 PM
No.

GSH
10-19-2016, 05:14 PM

Deep down I think most of us felt like GSW was the better team, even after the Spurs won 67 games. Not that there was zero chance of the Spurs beating them, but most of us knew it would take something exceptional. Still, if he wanted a better chance than the Spurs offered, there were damn few options. And, honestly, the biggest thing that happened to keep the Spurs from winning it all with the addition of LMA was that Duncan finally had the wheels come off. Nobody saw that coming to that extent, and it's not anybody's fault.

I will say this much. If the Spurs really did tell him that it was going to be "his team" in order to get him here, I can understand him being a little bit tweaked. Nobody here thought it would be anyone other than Kawhi's team. I don't really care whether LMA deserves it, or whether he's good enough, or whether he should be more of a team player, or any of that. If that's what they told him to get him here, he's got a legit beef over it. Because I don't think it would have mattered what he did, it was never going to happen.

dabom
10-19-2016, 05:15 PM
Pop isn't going to lie to LMA just to sign him for fuck's sake. :lol

GSH
10-19-2016, 05:20 PM
Even the article doesn't say anything. A pretty much "We'll see" approach. :lol

ESPN "wild ideas" pretty much gave every writer to pen a story with "sources(ESPN column)" as their backbone. Add that everyone has tons of time since its the preseason and you get this snow ball effect. :lmao

You know... when you're not starting those vacant "lookit me" threads, I don't have a problem with you. I wish you'd drop about half the fucking emojis and just say things with words, but that's your business. I know you'll say you don't give a shit what I think, and I can live with that, too. But it's a lot easier to read stuff about the Spurs without all those extra threads on the front page every day. So... thanks.. I guess?

GSH
10-19-2016, 05:22 PM
Pop isn't going to lie to LMA just to sign him for fuck's sake. :lol

Lie, mislead, insinuate? Maybe LMA heard what he wanted to hear, or maybe he's just making shit up? I wasn't in the meetings, so I don't know. You seem pretty certain, but I don't know where that comes from.

dabom
10-19-2016, 05:30 PM
Lie, mislead, insinuate? Maybe LMA heard what he wanted to hear, or maybe he's just making shit up? I wasn't in the meetings, so I don't know. You seem pretty certain, but I don't know where that comes from.

From pretty much everything Pop stands for. A no bullshit approach to everything. I don't need to be at the table to say that with confidence. :lol

dabom
10-19-2016, 05:33 PM
You know... when you're not starting those vacant "lookit me" threads, I don't have a problem with you. I wish you'd drop about half the fucking emojis and just say things with words, but that's your business. I know you'll say you don't give a shit what I think, and I can live with that, too. But it's a lot easier to read stuff about the Spurs without all those extra threads on the front page every day. So... thanks.. I guess?

Duly noted. :tu

Dex
10-19-2016, 05:40 PM

I think it has more to do with the new Warriors super-team than the 2nd round exit last year.

Everyone is acting like the season is basically pointless for the 29 other teams, which is a defeatist, pussy attitude to have.

Spur|n|Austin
10-19-2016, 05:56 PM
I wonder if these reports will mean that Jabari Young (and Jeff McDonald to a lesser extent) will be in the doghouse with Pop this season?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Pop doesn't give a shit about speculation gossip tweets/articles.

cd98
10-19-2016, 06:01 PM

None of the other teams he looked at were even close to title contenders. Spurs are still the best place for him to be to contend and get paid.

TheDoctor
10-19-2016, 06:17 PM
...I will say this much. If the Spurs really did tell him that it was going to be "his team" in order to get him here, I can understand him being a little bit tweaked. Nobody here thought it would be anyone other than Kawhi's team. I don't really care whether LMA deserves it, or whether he's good enough, or whether he should be more of a team player, or any of that. If that's what they told him to get him here, he's got a legit beef over it. Because I don't think it would have mattered what he did, it was never going to happen.

I really don't think that was case. First, Pop has been on record saying Kawhi's the face of the franchise; Second, he even stated that KL is the Big 1:

Pop (December 2014):
"He’s getting more license. When you’re a young kid, you’re going to defer to Timmy and Manu and [Tony]. Now it’s like, ‘To heck with those guys. The Big Three, they’re older than dirt. To hell with them. You’re the Big One. You’ve got to go do your deal....”

Then, you have LMA saying this is Kawhi Leonard's team:

LMA (Jan 2016):
"I definitely could’ve been that guy here. But going home and being close to family and being on such a talented team, that was hard to turn down.

I’ve always enjoyed being the guy. I think working so hard in Portland to earn the right to have it be my team and to have my own team over the years and try to play at a high level, that was hard-earned. So I take pride in that. I cherish those years. I don’t want to be that guy. This team is so stacked that they really don’t need me to be that guy here.

This is more Kawhi’s team and we all kind of fit in around him and try to make him better and try to make his life a little bit easier. I think if I was trying to be that guy still, then I should’ve not came. But I’m OK with trying to help Kawhi be great every night."

alpha_HaZE
10-19-2016, 07:38 PM

We lost in the second round last year to a team clearly better than us, and this year it doesn't look like it's our year either. Remember he left Portland because he was tired of the exact very thing. LET ME SAY THAT I disagree with that line of thought, and if LMA is indeed thinking that way it would justify Pop presumably saying; He just don't get it.

To me, I think we had a great chance last year and we do have as great of chance this year as well. If I was LMA, I would first learn how to set up a proper screen the Spurs way... and then ask for a Kawhi treatment.

RD2191
10-19-2016, 08:06 PM
This thread should be locked and deleted. There are zero credible reports on LMA being on the trading block.

HarlemHeat37
10-19-2016, 08:55 PM
Jimmy Butler for Aldridge..Butler's relationship with the Bulls has been iffy and they were rumored to have been shopping him, last year..their current backcourt doesn't make sense, and they're severely lacking frontcourt talent..adding Aldridge would give them a lot more balance, and he would be by far their best player, which would keep him content..

Trade TP, Simmons and a pick to Philly for Noel..Sixers are being lowballed by everybody, they have no leverage..Brett Brown has a relationship with TP and he could be a mentor to all their young players, while being an upgrade over anything they've had at PG during the past few years..Simmons has a little potential on a Sixers team with minimal wing talent..

Butler/Mills
Green/Manu
Kawhi/Kyle
Noel/Bertans
Gasol/Dedmon

Obviously 0% chance of this occurring, since Aldridge isn't going anywhere and the Spurs would never disrespect TP by trading him to Philly, but a nigga can dream:lol

MaNu4Tres
10-19-2016, 09:08 PM
Jimmy Butler for Aldridge..Butler's relationship with the Bulls has been iffy and they were rumored to have been shopping him, last year..their current backcourt doesn't make sense, and they're severely lacking frontcourt talent..adding Aldridge would give them a lot more balance, and he would be by far their best player, which would keep him content..

Trade TP, Simmons and a pick to Philly for Noel..Sixers are being lowballed by everybody, they have no leverage..Brett Brown has a relationship with TP and he could be a mentor to all their young players, while being an upgrade over anything they've had at PG during the past few years..Simmons has a little potential on a Sixers team with minimal wing talent..

Butler/Mills
Green/Manu
Kawhi/Kyle
Noel/Bertans
Gasol/Dedmon

Obviously 0% chance of this occurring, since Aldridge isn't going anywhere and the Spurs would never disrespect TP by trading him to Philly, but a nigga can dream:lol

I'll dream with you.

jbspurs
10-19-2016, 09:13 PM
No Cousins please! I've been to Spurs vs Kings game in Sac, This guy complains too much, one time he complained about something even before the game starts. Some Sac fans are tired of him and wants him out.

MaNu4Tres
10-19-2016, 09:20 PM

Butler/Mills
Green/Manu
Kawhi/Kyle
Noel/Bertans
Gasol/Dedmon

Spurs get:

Butler, Taj Gibson

Bulls get:

Aldridge, Anderson, Simmons

C: Gasol
PF: Gibson
SF: Kawhi
SG: Green
PG; Butler

Bench:

Dedmon
Lee
Bertans
Manu
Parker/ Mills (Would trade Mills for a 1st)

Murray
Lapro
Forbes
Livio
Garino, Anthony, or Another big.

sasaint
10-19-2016, 09:26 PM

Butler/Mills
Green/Manu
Kawhi/Kyle
Noel/Bertans
Gasol/Dedmon

I have had similar dreams - at least with respect to Aldridge for Butler. You have to wonder if Kawhi and Butler would be a harmonious combination, though. But like you said - it is just a dream...

sasaint
10-19-2016, 09:28 PM
Spurs get:

Butler, Taj Gibson

Bulls get:

I would much rather have Taj than Noel. :tu

jbspurs
10-19-2016, 09:30 PM
Aldridge, Anderson and Joel Anthony for Ibaka and Vucevic.. Do it Pop :)

HarlemHeat37
10-19-2016, 09:36 PM
Spurs get:

Butler, Taj Gibson

Bulls get:

PG; Butler

Bench:

Dedmon
Lee
Bertans
Manu
Mills

Murray
Lapro
Forbes
Livio

:toast

sasaint
10-19-2016, 09:49 PM
Spurs get:

Butler, Taj Gibson

Bulls get:

PG; Butler

Bench:

Dedmon
Lee
Bertans
Manu
Mills

Murray
Lapro
Forbes
Livio

Great SL, but I would also like to make some move to get rid of the Dedmon/Lee pairing on the second unit.

Chillen
10-19-2016, 10:54 PM
Spurs get:

Butler, Taj Gibson

Bulls get:

PG; Butler

Bench:

Dedmon
Lee
Bertans
Manu
Parker/ Mills (Would trade Mills for a 1st)

Murray
Lapro
Forbes
Livio

That's an amazing trade for the Spurs, but the Bulls wouldn't be stupid enough to do it unless Butler absolutely wants out. At that point LMA is a good return.

spurraider21
10-19-2016, 11:06 PM
so Lowe makes a "crazy prediction." Jackie MacMullan says Lowe "reported" that LMA could get traded. and then SAEN parrots the ESPN report and here we are.

lol fuck zach lowe

DPG21920
10-19-2016, 11:11 PM
Wait, why do people think Butler can play PG :lol?

Slippy
10-19-2016, 11:18 PM
so Lowe makes a "crazy prediction." Jackie MacMullan says Lowe "reported" that LMA could get traded. and then SAEN parrots the ESPN report and here we are.

lol fuck zach lowe

lol. The pre-season trade of a star player. Unless LA's been behaving like Dennis Rodman & somehow we missed the news, can't see it happening

MaNu4Tres
10-19-2016, 11:38 PM

Labels don't mean much. It's about skill-sets.

Not only can Butler be more effective off the ball than Parker when Kawhi is facilitating, but Butler, at this moment, has more effective facilitator skills than Parker in the half court. You don't need a PG to call plays, it can be any perimeter creator that initiates the offense whether if it's a PG like Curry, SG like Harden or SF like LeBron. Facilitors all have the same role offensively -- labeled positions is irrelevant. There are labeled PG's in the league who are essentially 3 and D wings who defend PGs.

Spurs can easily match up on D as well as Danny would defend PGs' full time ( something he's fully capable of doing).

Labels are overrated.

Even Jimmy Butler agrees that he has the skill set of a facilitator in the half court.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25270788/bulls-jimmy-butler-believes-hes-a-point-guard-so-is-he

SAGirl
10-20-2016, 12:13 AM
It's open season on all sorts of stupid trade proposals. Better get ready for this. It won't go away, all season.... It's going to get annoying.

MaNu4Tres
10-20-2016, 12:16 AM
It's open season on all sorts of stupid trade proposals. Better get ready for this. It won't go away, all season.... It's going to get annoying.

What does 2016 Parker do that Butler can't do on offense?

Don't say anthing that you can't quantify like leadership or knowledge of the system.

Not that I don't believe in leadership, its just you can't quantify it. It's subjective. Leadership shifts anyway. Parker can say he intends on being more of a leader with Duncan gone, but him being a leader isn't going to make him a better defender, and it isn't going to make him more consistent.

waisman
10-20-2016, 12:25 AM
Bad debts player,1st pick ×2,3 ⇔ Aldridge

best

DeRozan m8
10-20-2016, 12:26 AM
aldridge > kawhi ... imho

Ah well, even the Spurs have some clueless fans

SAGirl
10-20-2016, 01:01 AM
What does 2016 Parker do that Butler can't do on offense?

Don't say anthing that you can't quantify like leadership or knowledge of the system.

Not that I don't believe in leadership, its just you can't quantify it. It's subjective. Leadership shifts anyway. Parker can say he intends on being more of a leader with Duncan gone, but him being a leader isn't going to make him a better defender, and it isn't going to make him more consistent.
Don't want to argue, exhausted about it. Just overall too many senseless trades suggested... take it as a general comment. I don't care to weigh in on any one in particular bc they are all hypothetical and the suggestions will occur all season.. For the record I would rather LMA not get traded personally and I don't think that he will so it seems pointless to consider except for entertainment.

If they do trade him I won't have a breakdown, but I'd rather they don't.

usdane
10-20-2016, 01:23 AM
:corn::wakeup