PDA

View Full Version : Softridge for Millsap?

Kawhitstorm
10-18-2016, 05:15 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hcqs89n

Millsap is most likely unhappy after the Hawks dangled him in an effort to re-sign Horford & he might just opt-out this summer so the Hawks are most likely shopping him. As far as established players, they won't get a better offer than LMA & he would fit just fine alongside Dwight but that would be the most diva frontline in league history.:lol

Millsap is the basically a more talented version of Draymond w/ an inferior play-making skills but he's still a pretty good playmaker. He would be the perfect fit alongside Pau (especially on defense) & he is also not the type that would have an issue playing wingman to Kawhi. Millsap/Kawhi/Danny would be as good a defensive trio as any trio in the league.:wow

TheGreatYacht
10-18-2016, 05:19 PM
Terrible idea tbh :lol

who's next, Derrick Favors?

Kawhitstorm
10-18-2016, 05:30 PM
Terrible idea tbh :lol

who's next, Derrick Favors?

I'm coming from the angle of players PATFO would accept in the locker room & that Softridge could ACTUALLY net. I can't really find anyone better than Millsap.

Cousins will never wear a Spurs jersey as long as Pop is at the helms & Blake isn't getting traded unless he has indicated he won't re-sign, anyways both are worth more than Softridge. Anthony Davis is a pipe dream while Fat Gasol is breaking down. The rest aren't better nor a better fit than Millsap.

Spur|n|Austin
10-18-2016, 05:50 PM
Jesus Christ.

spursistan
10-18-2016, 05:51 PM
I want a legit young prospect + pick(s) or a ready piece on the same timeline with Kawhi..

apalisoc_9
10-18-2016, 05:58 PM
Do it pop!

Spur-Addict
10-18-2016, 06:45 PM
No

Joseph Kony
10-18-2016, 06:46 PM
I like Millsap but :lmao :lmao

apalisoc_9
10-18-2016, 07:39 PM
Do it pop

Kawhitstorm
10-18-2016, 07:55 PM
I want a legit young prospect + pick(s) or a ready piece on the same timeline with Kawhi..

The team would need a STARTING PF in return & good luck finding one, just ask the Raptors.:lol

Blake is on the same timeline as Kawhi but I don't see Doc trading him for Softridge when Blake is a top 5 talent. If Blake demands that he be traded to the Alamo, I guess Softridge/Kyle would work considering that Kyle could start for the Cripples.:lol

As far as a legit young prospect, Myles Turner would be nice but I think Bird has learned his lesson.:lol

SpurPadre
10-18-2016, 07:56 PM
Softridge for Westbrook?

sasaint
10-18-2016, 07:57 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hcqs89n

Millsap is most likely unhappy after the Hawks dangled him in an effort to re-sign Horford & he might just opt-out this summer so the Hawks are most likely shopping him. As far as established players, they won't get a better offer than LMA & he would fit just fine alongside Dwight but that would be the most diva frontline in league history.:lol

Millsap is the basically a more talented version of Draymond w/ an inferior play-making skills but he's still a pretty good playmaker. He would be the perfect fit alongside Pau (especially on defense) & he is also not the type that would have an issue playing wingman to Kawhi. Millsap/Kawhi/Danny would be as good a defensive trio as any trio in the league.:wow

I don't mind this deal, but it seems like for the difference in marquee names the Spurs might be able to get a little sweetener - if only a second round pick. There would be a certain irony if LMA ended up on the same team with Tiago. :wow

TD 21
10-18-2016, 08:08 PM
I doubt the Spurs would do this. They'd probably be just as reticent as the Hawks to give Millsap the max and considering he's 4 inches shorter and more athletically reliant, he's less likely to age well than Aldridge.

Favors and filler to make it work financially obviously wouldn't be enough, but they'd both fit well on the opposing team.

Celtics, Nuggets, Lakers, Suns, would probably be the most likely destinations. All are well stocked with assets and desperate for an in their prime star.

Kawhitstorm
10-18-2016, 08:21 PM
Celtics, Nuggets, Lakers, Suns, would probably be the most likely destinations. All are well stocked with assets and desperate for an in their prime star.

If we're talking about teams with assets that might see 31 yr old Softridge as a missing piece then Celtics are at the top of the list. It just depends on whether PATFO are trying to rebuild or remain contenders for the near future, I think it's the latter considering Porker/Manu/Pau being part of the core which is why I think Millsap is the best REALISTIC option.

Besides, I think the Nuggets are set on w/ Nurkic/Jokic as their frontline & the Lakers don't really have assets besides D'Angelo/Ingram. The Suns could offer something like Knight+Bender but Bender is the youngest player & is still a project like Ingram.

tonight...you
10-18-2016, 08:38 PM
Do it pop
I'm happy that you're going to have something additional to rail against this season... You're entertaining at that.

TD 21
10-18-2016, 08:40 PM
If we're talking about teams with assets that might see 31 yr old Softridge as a missing piece then Celtics are at the top of the list. It just depends on whether PATFO are trying to rebuild or remain contenders for the near future, I think it's the latter considering Porker/Manu/Pau being part of the core which is why I think Millsap is the best REALISTIC option.

Besides, I think the Nuggets are set on w/ Nurkic/Jokic as their frontline & the Lakers don't really have assets besides D'Angelo/Ingram. The Suns could offer something like Knight+Bender but Bender is the youngest player & is still a project like Ingram.

I can't see the Celtics giving up the Nets pick; the Nuggets giving up Jokic, Mudiay or probably Murray; the Lakers giving up Russell or Ingram; the Suns giving up Booker.

I can see the Celtics giving up Smart or Brown; the Nuggets giving up Nurkic and Harris; the Lakers giving up Randle and Clarkson; the Suns giving up Bender or Chriss.

I suspect it would be a little of column A, a little of column B, in terms of what the Spurs would want. The headline piece would probably have to be a mid 20's, proven starter.

Kawhitstorm
10-18-2016, 09:26 PM
I can't see the Celtics giving up the Nets pick; the Nuggets giving up Jokic, Mudiay or probably Murray; the Lakers giving up Russell or Ingram; the Suns giving up Booker.

I can see the Celtics giving up Smart or Brown; the Nuggets giving up Nurkic and Harris; the Lakers giving up Randle and Clarkson; the Suns giving up Bender or Chriss.

I suspect it would be a little of column A, a little of column B, in terms of what the Spurs would want. The headline piece would probably have to be a mid 20's, proven starter.

If I had to pick, I would go w/ Knight+Bender+Tucker then package Patty/Kyle for Willie Cauley-Stein (Hey, it's the Kings::lol).

Knight would be a bonafide 6th man ala Jason Terry while WCS can start alongside Pau who would be the perfect mentor for Bender.

Murray/Knight/Kawhi/Bender/WCS/Bertans would be a solid young core to build upon after Pau/Manu/Tony depart. The team isn't winning a championship w/ Porker as it's starting PG so might as well use his remaining 2 year as a stop gap along w/ Pau.

HarlemHeat37
10-18-2016, 10:36 PM
I'd do it simply because I'm a big Millsap fan and I dislike Aldridge, but I don't think it would make the Spurs any better, tbh..lateral move, albeit with a different style of play..

This team isn't winning another title until they find a playmaker at the guard position to take the load off Parker/Ginobili..

Kawhitstorm
10-18-2016, 11:33 PM
I'd do it simply because I'm a big Millsap fan and I dislike Aldridge, but I don't think it would make the Spurs any better, tbh..lateral move, albeit with a different style of play..

This team isn't winning another title until they find a playmaker at the guard position to take the load off Parker/Ginobili..

This is why I want Brandon Knight even though he's more of a finisher rather than a playmaker. The Suns have too many guards & are now experimenting w/ bringing Knight off the bench which is probably not going to make him happy considering they are a lotto team.:lol

As far as Millsap, I actually made a post during the offseason about signing Millsap next summer but that was before Tim retired/Pau signed.

Dex
10-19-2016, 12:16 AM
OP rides the short bus.

Go ahead and give up your spurs, bro.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-19-2016, 01:22 AM
This might be the dumbest trade idea yet.

LMA is probably the Spurs best all-around player. Millsap would slide in what, 4th or 5th?? Thank goodness you're not part of the front office for the team.

Sean Cagney
10-19-2016, 02:12 AM
This might be the dumbest trade idea yet.

LMA is probably the Spurs best all-around player. Millsap would slide in what, 4th or 5th?? Thank goodness you're not part of the front office for the team.I would say the Spurs best all around player is Kawhi but I agree on the rest.

phxspurfan
10-19-2016, 02:13 AM
not even close to a fair trade

raybies
10-19-2016, 02:14 AM

I'd take Zubac from the Lakers in a heartbeat. But what would the filler be???? Mozgov???? lol

Kawhitstorm
10-19-2016, 02:54 AM
not even close to a fair trade

Millsap led the ENTIRE league in defensive win-shares while dropping 17/9/3 (TS: 55%, VORP: 4.9). He was also the only player in the league w/ a 130+ steals & blocks.

He's just as unique as Draymond except he's more talented & not a knuckle head.

BTW, Softridge last season: 18/8/1 (TS: 56%, VORP: 2.2:lol)

apalisoc_9
10-19-2016, 02:58 AM
Millsap > Aldridge

Do it Pop!

Spurtacular
10-19-2016, 03:09 AM
Pink Apalisoc_9 and all his socks, tbh.

TrainOfThought5
10-19-2016, 12:59 PM
Softridge for Westbrook?

Who starts at the 4?

SpurPadre
10-19-2016, 01:05 PM
Who starts at the 4?

I was joking and forgot to use blue font. I want LMA to stay and he will stay. Let's say this somehow happened though...that would mean Bertans or Dedmon starts at the 4, which is a sacrifice I'd be willing to take for Westbrook at PG. But yeah, this clearly isn't happening nor will it ever.

mo7888
10-19-2016, 01:09 PM
I doubt the Spurs would do this. They'd probably be just as reticent as the Hawks to give Millsap the max and considering he's 4 inches shorter and more athletically reliant, he's less likely to age well than Aldridge.

Favors and filler to make it work financially obviously wouldn't be enough, but they'd both fit well on the opposing team.

I'd add Chicago and NY to that list of possible destinations if we decide to move him.

Spurtacular
10-19-2016, 01:18 PM
Pink Apalisoc_9 and all his socks, tbh.

Ban, tbh.

look_at_g_shred
10-19-2016, 01:36 PM
Millsap wouldn't even be the third best spur if it happened

RD2191
10-19-2016, 01:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IQSK4Qy.gif

NameLess Scrub
10-19-2016, 04:19 PM
LMa for Porzingingsss

Pelo a pelo

Do it RC!

Bartleby
10-19-2016, 04:34 PM
OP is the same fucktard who gave us the "trade Leonard for Ariza and Beal..." thread.

SAGirl
10-19-2016, 05:08 PM
OP is the same fucktard who gave us the "trade Leonard for Ariza and Beal..." thread.
I think that was the Apalisoc troll though....

alpha_HaZE
10-19-2016, 06:54 PM
Actually Millsap has similar STATS with LMA, the one clear statistical dis-advantage MIllsap has is: turnovers & Fouls, and I bet Pop could most likely fix that.

Millsap is a better rebounder & defender and a better 3 pt shooter.

The other advantage that LMA has is that he "did it" at a higher usage rate 26% to 22%. However that will go down this year. Timmy took a much smaller role offensively to help LMA fit better. That's not a sacrifice Pau is willing to do, thus Millsap fits us better in that regard as well.

I would be up for someone that sets proper screens, the Spurs way, wouldn't you?

RkPlayerFromToGGSMPFGFGAFG%3P3PA3P%2P2PA2P%FTFTAFT %ORBDRBTRBASTSTLBLKTOVPFPTS
1LaMarcus Aldridge20072016722681252338.116.6.4870.10.3.2578. 016.2.4923.64.5.8022.75.98.72.00.81.11.62.619.8
2Paul Millsap20072016768492223406.513.1.4990.41.2.3346.1 11.9.5163.75.0.7322.96.39.22.71.61.32.24.017.2

Provided by Basketball-Reference.com (http://www.sports-reference.com/sharing.html?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool): View Original Table (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&hint=LaMarcus+Aldridge&player_id1_select=LaMarcus+Aldridge&player_id1=aldrila01&hint=Paul+Millsap&player_id2_select=Paul+Millsap&player_id2=millspa01&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool#per_minute)
Generated 10/19/2016.

TD 21
10-19-2016, 07:03 PM
If I had to pick, I would go w/ Knight+Bender+Tucker then package Patty/Kyle for Willie Cauley-Stein (Hey, it's the Kings::lol).

Knight would be a bonafide 6th man ala Jason Terry while WCS can start alongside Pau who would be the perfect mentor for Bender.

Murray/Knight/Kawhi/Bender/WCS/Bertans would be a solid young core to build upon after Pau/Manu/Tony depart. The team isn't winning a championship w/ Porker as it's starting PG so might as well use his remaining 2 year as a stop gap along w/ Pau.

I'd rather Knight, Len and one of Bender/Chriss and I doubt even the Kings would be stupid enough to do that.

Guards like Knight, that can credibly play both spots, on both sides of the ball, are valuable because they can be paired with any type of guard. Short of a Paul or a Westbrook, he's the type of guard the Spurs need: a high character type, that's good enough to start/finish, but won't gripe if he rarely does.

That's the type of package I could see piquing the Spurs' interest. There may not be a star among them, but they're 3 potential starters or at least top 7 players, they could help keep them a steady playoff team (important because you can't get in the game with the major free agents if you're not at least at that level) and should have solid or better re-sale value, for when the next star hits the trade market.

I'd add Chicago and NY to that list of possible destinations if we decide to move him.

The Bulls have enough assets to put together a credible package, but the Knicks don't. They only have Porzingis, who they wouldn't move.

Kawhitstorm
10-19-2016, 08:28 PM
I'd rather Knight, Len and one of Bender/Chriss and I doubt even the Kings would be stupid enough to do that.

I actually forgot Len was even on the Suns since he has pretty much been a bust although the 2014 draft class was terrible. Anyways, wouldn't mind swapping him for Kyle if the Suns want to move on from him.

Guards like Knight, that can credibly play both spots, on both sides of the ball, are valuable because they can be paired with any type of guard. Short of a Paul or a Westbrook, he's the type of guard the Spurs need: a high character type, that's good enough to start/finish, but won't gripe if he rarely does.

Tbh, Knight is a pretty mediocre playmaker for a starting point guard & is also a minus defender but he would be fine in a Jason Terry type role. I would take Jrue over him any day of the week.

G-Dawgg
10-19-2016, 09:40 PM
Fuck no.

sasaint
10-19-2016, 09:43 PM
Actually Millsap has similar STATS with LMA, the one clear statistical dis-advantage MIllsap has is: turnovers & Fouls, and I bet Pop could most likely fix that.

Millsap is a better rebounder & defender and a better 3 pt shooter.

The other advantage that LMA has is that he "did it" at a higher usage rate 26% to 22%. However that will go down this year. Timmy took a much smaller role offensively to help LMA fit better. That's not a sacrifice Pau is willing to do, thus Millsap fits us better in that regard as well.

I would be up for someone that sets proper screens, the Spurs way, wouldn't you?

RkPlayerFromToGGSMPFGFGAFG%3P3PA3P%2P2PA2P%FTFTAFT %ORBDRBTRBASTSTLBLKTOVPFPTS
1LaMarcus Aldridge20072016722681252338.116.6.4870.10.3.2578. 016.2.4923.64.5.8022.75.98.72.00.81.11.62.619.8
2Paul Millsap20072016768492223406.513.1.4990.41.2.3346.1 11.9.5163.75.0.7322.96.39.22.71.61.32.24.017.2

Provided by Basketball-Reference.com (http://www.sports-reference.com/sharing.html?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool): View Original Table (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&hint=LaMarcus+Aldridge&player_id1_select=LaMarcus+Aldridge&player_id1=aldrila01&hint=Paul+Millsap&player_id2_select=Paul+Millsap&player_id2=millspa01&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool#per_minute)
Generated 10/19/2016.

I think LMA has a little more marquee value. I think the Hawks should include at least a second round pick. Then I'd like this trade pretty well. :tu

mo7888
10-20-2016, 02:22 PM

That's the type of package I could see piquing the Spurs' interest. There may not be a star among them, but they're 3 potential starters or at least top 7 players, they could help keep them a steady playoff team (important because you can't get in the game with the major free agents if you're not at least at that level) and should have solid or better re-sale value, for when the next star hits the trade market.

The Bulls have enough assets to put together a credible package, but the Knicks don't. They only have Porzingis, who they wouldn't move.

A rational person wouldn't move Porzingis....but, James Dolan has a history of overriding his GM to do things that aren't rational but provide a short term spark....So, you're right about NY in theory...but never underestimate the stupidity of Dolan....

TD 21
10-20-2016, 04:50 PM
I actually forgot Len was even on the Suns since he has pretty much been a bust although the 2014 draft class was terrible. Anyways, wouldn't mind swapping him for Kyle if the Suns want to move on from him.

Tbh, Knight is a pretty mediocre playmaker for a starting point guard & is also a minus defender but he would be fine in a Jason Terry type role. I would take Jrue over him any day of the week.

Len was picked in '13 and started coming on in '14-'15, right around the time Gobert and Whiteside were. He's had a lot of injuries though and maybe the signing of Chandler messed with his head. I don't think they want to move on from him, but I don't think he'd be a deal breaker either.

Since the Spurs love Anderson and would be the one with the marquee asset in this hypothetical trade, he wouldn't be going anywhere.

Knight is ideally suited to being a third guard in a three guard rotation, but if he has to be more, he could be. In a vacuum, I'd definitely take Holiday over him, but he's had the more severe injuries, will more than likely command a significantly bigger contract and there's no assurances of being able to sign him.

Kawhitstorm
10-20-2016, 10:07 PM
Len was picked in '13 and started coming on in '14-'15, right around the time Gobert and Whiteside were. He's had a lot of injuries though and maybe the signing of Chandler messed with his head. I don't think they want to move on from him, but I don't think he'd be a deal breaker either.

They drafted two frontcourt players in the lottery (Bender/Chriss) & Len is due for an extension which tells me they are most likely going to move him by the trade deadline considering they already have Chandler's shitty contract on the books.

tonight...you
10-20-2016, 10:10 PM
They drafted two frontcourt players in the lottery (Bender/Chriss) & Len is due for an extension which tells me they are most likely going to move him by the trade deadline considering they already have Chandler's shitty contract on the books.

Len's a real player. No joke.

TD 21
10-21-2016, 05:03 PM

Cap space isn't an issue, most teams are set at center and Chandler is old and in decline.

Expect them to trade Tucker or let him walk at season's end, thereby paving the way to slide Dudley from starting power forward to backup small forward and clearing the way for Bender/Chriss to share the power forward position.

Kawhitstorm
10-21-2016, 06:26 PM
Cap space isn't an issue, most teams are set at center and Chandler is old and in decline.

Expect them to trade Tucker or let him walk at season's end, thereby paving the way to slide Dudley from starting power forward to backup small forward and clearing the way for Bender/Chriss to share the power forward position.

I'm not talking about cap space but log jams at frontcourt which is what caused the Jazz to move Kanter. The Suns also traded Isaiah for peanuts b/c they had a log jam at the PG position. If he has a decent season there is going to be a team that's going to offer him a stupid contract similar to Miles Plumlee.

tholdren
10-21-2016, 07:39 PM
no thanks - let spurs ring this year then trade lma and green

TD 21
10-22-2016, 04:38 PM
I'm not talking about cap space but log jams at frontcourt which is what caused the Jazz to move Kanter. The Suns also traded Isaiah for peanuts b/c they had a log jam at the PG position. If he has a decent season there is going to be a team that's going to offer him a stupid contract similar to Miles Plumlee.

There is no logjam. There's one aging center and two unproven power forwards.

If it comes to him getting a "stupid" offer, the Suns easily can and more than likely will match it.

Kawhitstorm
10-22-2016, 06:47 PM
There is no logjam. There's one aging center and two unproven power forwards.

If it comes to him getting a "stupid" offer, the Suns easily can and more than likely will match it.

Len is a cross b/w Baynes/Miles Plumlee, I'm not sure what people see in him to be regarded as a prospect worth retaining at all costs.

waisman
10-23-2016, 05:47 AM
Millsap ⇔ Aldridge ?
No

BillMc
10-23-2016, 06:02 AM
A rational person wouldn't move Porzingis....but, James Dolan has a history of overriding his GM to do things that aren't rational but provide a short term spark....So, you're right about NY in theory...but never underestimate the stupidity of Dolan....

LMa for Porzingingsss

Pelo a pelo

Do it RC!

I'm for an all Latvian front line. :lol

TD 21
10-24-2016, 05:02 PM
Len is a cross b/w Baynes/Miles Plumlee, I'm not sure what people see in him to be regarded as a prospect worth retaining at all costs.

Unlike them, he has the potential to be a legitimate starter and you don't let assets go for no reason. This is not a situation where financially they're at the point where they have to pick and choose.

Kawhitstorm
10-24-2016, 06:28 PM
Unlike them, he has the potential to be a legitimate starter and you don't let assets go for no reason. This is not a situation where financially they're at the point where they have to pick and choose.

They didn't extend him & he's the same age as Steven Adams. The Suns waived Goodwin, so much for not letting go of assets.:lol

TD 21
10-24-2016, 06:34 PM
They didn't extend him & he's the same age as Steven Adams. The Suns waived Goodwin, so much for not letting go of assets.:lol

Len hasn't done enough for there to be a reason to extend him a year early. They can let the marketplace dictate his price first.

Goodwin was clearly waived for chemistry purposes (he wouldn't have been a rotation player and has griped about playing time in the past), doesn't have starter potential and isn't a center.

Kawhitstorm
10-24-2016, 06:43 PM
Len hasn't done enough for there to be a reason to extend him a year early. They can let the marketplace dictate his price first.

I'm pretty sure they will also state he hasn't done enough to warrant the 40 mill contract he will be offered by a dumb GM next summer.:lol

This is how awful he has been so far in his career & he isn't looking too hot during pre-season: http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2016/10/21/13347412/phoenix-suns-player-preview-2016-17-will-alex-len-underwhelm-again

TD 21
10-24-2016, 06:59 PM
I'm pretty sure they will also state he hasn't done enough to warrant the 40 mill contract he will be offered by a dumb GM next summer.:lol

This is how awful he has been so far in his career & he isn't looking too hot during pre-season: http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2016/10/21/13347412/phoenix-suns-player-preview-2016-17-will-alex-len-underwhelm-again

It's all relative though. If they project him as their starting center going forward, then $10M per season is cheap. Hell, even if they project him as a 20 mpg backup, that's still not that bad. Supposedly, the MLE will be $8M per season in the next CBA.

I'm not saying he's anything special, just that there's no real reason to let him walk and when that's the case teams don't like to set a precedent that they can be poached.

daslicer
10-24-2016, 07:37 PM
Never been a fan of Millsap. I'm never been into undersized PFs.

Kawhitstorm
10-24-2016, 08:10 PM
It's all relative though. If they project him as their starting center going forward, then $10M per season is cheap. .

http://bkref.com/tiny/bkofN

Kawhitstorm
10-24-2016, 08:17 PM
Never been a fan of Millsap.

Meanwhile, you have been a fan of Softridge the chucker who pouted his way out of Portland?:lol

I'm never been into undersized PFs.
Draymond Green is shorter & less athletic than Paul Millsap.:wakeup

I'm also sure you hated Diaw 2.0....:rolleyes

daslicer
10-24-2016, 09:49 PM
Meanwhile, you have been a fan of Softridge the chucker who pouted his way out of Portland?:lol

Draymond Green is shorter & less athletic than Paul Millsap.:wakeup

I'm also sure you hated Diaw 2.0....:rolleyes

Jumping to conclusions like you always do. I actually liked Boris he was not undersized but was decent height around 6'8-6'9 and could post up which made him an asset along with his passing game. Millsap is listed at 6'8 but looks more like he's 6'6-6'7. My memories of Millsap go back to his Jazz days when he was getting his ass kicked year in and year out by Odom/Gasol/Bynum in the playoffs. It was clear to me back then you could not win with his undersized body. Second of all I have said over a hundred times Draymond is garbage on this site. Put Draymond on a regular team he's just a role player. So the Millsap-Green comparison is nil to me. Yes I like Lamarcus and I don't care if he pouted his way out of Portland. Who in the their right mind would love to play with a chucker like Lillard. It's been a trend the last few years which is guys don't like to play with chuckers as in the case with nobody wanting to play in LA due to Kobe, Durant running away from Westbrook, etc.

$pursDynasty
10-25-2016, 03:23 PM
If we were to move Aldridge I was hoping for Gobert, Favors, Bobo Diaw and Rodney Hood it works on the ESPN trade machine. We would only be adding 1 million in salary. Utah could have their new Stockton and Malone, with Hayword and LMA. The Spurs would have a defensive stopper at C, and depth and points in the front court.

Kawhitstorm
10-25-2016, 05:09 PM
Jumping to conclusions like you always do. I actually liked Boris he was not undersized but was decent height around 6'8-6'9 and could post up which made him an asset along with his passing game. Millsap is listed at 6'8 but looks more like he's 6'6-6'7.

Millsap used to murder Boris in the post & height alone doesn't mean shyt. Millsap has one of the longest wingspans in the league which is why he's the only player in the league w/ 130 blocks/steals.

My memories of Millsap go back to his Jazz days when he was getting his ass kicked year in and year out by Odom/Gasol/Bynum in the playoffs. It was clear to me back then you could not win with his undersized body.

Dumbass, this is 2016 not 2006 & he played w/ Boozer who provided ZERO help defense. In any case, which postup PF is going to abuse him in the paint? Boris?:lmao

Besides, Softridge got murdered by Kanter/Adams so him being 6'11" doesn't mean shyt.

Second of all I have said over a hundred times Draymond is garbage on this site. Put Draymond on a regular team he's just a role player.
So the Millsap-Green comparison is nil to me.

Dumbass, Millsap didn't become an All-Star playing 4-on-5 like Gaymond. He actually can create his own offense:

9HdTRKZPJzo

x06t916H0BQ

Besides, the whole point of trading Millsap is to matchup w/ the contenders. Millsap matches up w/ Draymond as well as any PF & he can switch on PnRs (Curry/Gaymond; CP3/Blake; Kyrie/LeBron) unlike Softridge:

SkgQ78B5OAc

Yes I like Lamarcus and I don't care if he pouted his way out of Portland. Who in the their right mind would love to play with a chucker like Lillard. It's been a trend the last few years which is guys don't like to play with chuckers as in the case with nobody wanting to play in LA due to Kobe, Durant running away from Westbrook, etc.

Last I checked the Blazers led by a "chucker" won as many game as the Spurs did this past postseason.:lol The DECADE long trend has ACTUALLY been Softridge disappears against contenders. It's not a coincidence that the Blazers actually advanced further in the postseason after unloading Softridge.

If anyone is a chucker, it's Softrdige.:rolleyes Millsap on the other hand is one of the top playmakers at this position:

daslicer
10-25-2016, 10:48 PM
Millsap used to murder Boris in the post & height alone doesn't mean shyt. Millsap has one of the longest wingspans in the league which is why he's the only player in the league w/ 130 blocks/steals.

Dumbass, this is 2016 not 2006 & he played w/ Boozer who provided ZERO help defense. In any case, which postup PF is going to abuse him in the paint? Boris?:lmao

Besides, Softridge got murdered by Kanter/Adams so him being 6'11" doesn't mean shyt.

Dumbass, Millsap didn't become an All-Star playing 4-on-5 like Gaymond. He actually can create his own offense:

9HdTRKZPJzo

x06t916H0BQ

Besides, the whole point of trading Millsap is to matchup w/ the contenders. Millsap matches up w/ Draymond as well as any PF & he can switch on PnRs (Curry/Gaymond; CP3/Blake; Kyrie/LeBron) unlike Softridge:

SkgQ78B5OAc

Last I checked the Blazers led by a "chucker" won as many game as the Spurs did this past postseason.:lol The DECADE long trend has ACTUALLY been Softridge disappears against contenders. It's not a coincidence that the Blazers actually advanced further in the postseason after unloading Softridge.

If anyone is a chucker, it's Softrdige.:rolleyes Millsap on the other hand is one of the top playmakers at this position:

:lol Wow long response by the village idiot of the board and I'm still not convinced that Millsap isn't garbage. He's a player who will put up big stats when it doesn't matter. Also Lillard is a chucker only a retard would be a fan of player who shoots 42 percent career wise. Lillard is in the mold of a Marbury type of player and we have seen how successful those types of players are. TBH Portland's success last year deserves an asterisk because everybody knows that they only got out of the first round due to Griffin and CP3 being injured. :lol I hope your are not dumb enough to believe the Blazers would have beaten a healthy Clippers team. Blazers will be a perennial first round team which will will once in a while get to the second round.

Kawhitstorm
10-26-2016, 12:08 AM
:lol Wow long response by the village idiot of the board and I'm still not convinced that Millsap isn't garbage. He's a player who will put up big stats when it doesn't matter.

Folks used to say that about Iggy when he was in Philly & we all know who's the only Finals MVP on the Duds loaded roster.

Also Lillard is a chucker only a retard would be a fan of player who shoots 42 percent career wise. Lillard is in the mold of a Marbury type of player and we have seen how successful those types of players are. TBH Portland's success last year deserves an asterisk because everybody knows that they only got out of the first round due to Griffin and CP3 being injured. :lol I hope your are not dumb enough to believe the Blazers would have beaten a healthy Clippers team. Blazers will be a perennial first round team which will will once in a while get to the second round.

Marbury?:lmao The perfect example of Marbury was Harden last season when he put up elite stats, alienated his teammates & led his team to .500 record.

Lillard is one of the most liked players in the league & has been an overachiever his entire career. He's a more mature version of Kyrie.

spursistan
10-28-2016, 09:29 AM
:wakeup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsBbfAE-au4

spursistan
10-28-2016, 12:01 PM
^ Dwert actually complements Millsap better than Horford.

Kawhitstorm
10-28-2016, 12:19 PM
^ Dwert actually complements Millsap better than Horford.

I made a thread stating the Hawks should trade Horford for Dwert last season: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255334&page=2&p=8768460

Chinook
10-28-2016, 12:28 PM
:wakeup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsBbfAE-au4

Holy crap. I had no idea that people thought Millsap wasn't as good as LMA. I totally understand preferring him, due to size, contract and the fact that he's already a Spur. But Millsap along with Kawhi and Green would just be too much to handle, and Pau would get his spots to himself.

Kawhitstorm
10-28-2016, 04:25 PM
Holy crap. I had no idea that people thought Millsap wasn't as good as LMA. I totally understand preferring him, due to size, contract and the fact that he's already a Spur. But Millsap along with Kawhi and Green would just be too much to handle, and Pau would get his spots to himself.

Yeah, Pau would actually have value if he was used on the offensive end otherwise dude is Porker standing-in-the-corner status.

Kawhitstorm
01-29-2017, 09:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3YGV0WWQAAThk9.jpg:large