PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi is easily the best Defender in Spurs History...

apalisoc_9
10-19-2016, 03:29 AM
and as many analyst like lowe or hoe as kawhistom refers to him, etc..

Hes on pace to become the greatest ever.

Lowe and the casual geeks at starters.com even said that its a possibility they change the DPOY award to a hand to honour the greatest defender ever.

YGWHI
10-19-2016, 04:50 AM
The Spurs have historically had great defenders, if he is the best or not who cares, I just want Kawhi to continue playing at high level for many more seasons.

But about changing the award to honour him...'I said it first' :D

http://i.imgur.com/uqSV0qa.jpg

cd021
10-19-2016, 05:11 AM
On pace to become the best? Sure but Robinson and Duncan were dominant.
Robinson essentially blocked almost 3000 shots in 13 seasons and at one point held the NCAA record for most blocks in a season.

Duncan may be the best defensive big man of all time.

Chinook
10-19-2016, 06:07 AM
... wait? Did Apa just get through an entire thread title AND OP without misspelling a single word? :wow

benefactor
10-19-2016, 06:14 AM
... wait? Did Apa just get through an entire thread title AND OP without misspelling a single word? :wow
Probably getting ready to start a new shtick tbh

J_Paco
10-19-2016, 06:34 AM
Another stupid ass, "look at me" and heavy handed thread by this idiot.

Next, you'll claim that Kawhi is the "greatest Spur ever" or some stupid shit about.

Kawhi might have more hardware, but Timmy and David were elite defenders for a vast majority of their careers if not the entirety. Kawhi needs to maintain, if not surpass, his current level to reach their high standards. Especially when you consider that elite (defensive) bigmen can effect the outcome of games in more ways than perimeter players.

houston spurs fan
10-19-2016, 06:42 AM
Bandwagon fans have no respect for the past

Brazil
10-19-2016, 06:57 AM
No he is not. Duncan is and its not even close just because his consistency and longevity only. At their peak it is more arguable even tho at his peak Duncan reached freak level on this side of the ball.

Now yes I believe he is already second best imo and yes better than David

Brazil
10-19-2016, 06:57 AM
imho fwiw

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-19-2016, 07:33 AM
No he is not. Duncan is and its not even close just because his consistency and longevity only. At their peak it is more arguable even tho at his peak Duncan reached freak level on this side of the ball.

Now yes I believe he is already second best imo and yes better than David

Agree with the first part but Kawhi's not better than David in his prime, who was freakishly good. He'd block a 3 pt attempt and chase the ball en route to a one man fast break dunk.

Kawhi has years and years of maintaining the level from the past 2 seasons before he reaches Duncan and Robinson level of impact.

Chinook
10-19-2016, 07:37 AM
Robinson has the right to argue for being the GOAT defender just like Tim. Yes, he has longevity on his side, but Robinson was like Kawhi and Gobert combined in his prime.

GSH
10-19-2016, 08:57 AM
"Well, Mister Bowen, back where I come from, many men are called the Greatest Defender of All Time,
and they can't defend one bit better than you. But they have something you haven't got... a DPOY trophy."

http://images.static-bluray.com/reviews/8818_4.jpg

TheGreatYacht
10-19-2016, 09:04 AM
Are we talking about the same guy that let Lebron average a triple double? The same one that gave Durant a playoff career high just a couple of months ago?

tmtcsc
10-19-2016, 09:20 AM
Easy now. He may have a lot of hardware but the guy still has trouble defending guards. I'd take Bruce Bown in his prime over Leonard right now. Bruce was downright nasty and did whatever he could to stop who he was defending. He guarded everyone from Nash to Nowitzki. I think his reputation for being a dirty player hurt his chances for DPOY.

Chinook
10-19-2016, 09:27 AM
I see we're back to acting like Bowen isn't the third-best perimeter defender in Spurs history again.

midnightpulp
10-19-2016, 09:30 AM
Perimeter: yes.

Overall: no.

Paint anchors will always naturally have more defensive impact than a perimeter defender, and Duncan is a top 3 paint anchor in history, maybe even the best ever. He was still putting up elite defensive metrics last season, and probably would this year, as well.

GSH
10-19-2016, 09:36 AM
I see we're back to acting like Bowen isn't the third-best perimeter defender in Spurs history again.

Oh, fuck me, the Professor is back. I suppose you've already posted a mathematical proof on the subject, and now somebody has dared to erase the whiteboard?

Tell you what. I'll agree to say that Bowen is the third-best perimeter defender in Spurs history, if you'll agree to cancel class today.

Chinook
10-19-2016, 09:38 AM
Oh, fuck me, the Professor is back. I suppose you've already posted a mathematical proof on the subject, and now somebody has dared to erase the whiteboard?

Tell you what. I'll agree to say that Bowen is the third-best perimeter defender in Spurs history, if you'll agree to cancel class today.

Did that ever actually work in school?

tmtcsc
10-19-2016, 10:10 AM
Come to think of it, Alvin Robertson was a bad-ass defender too. Lots of fail going on in this thread.

Kawhitstorm
10-19-2016, 04:10 PM
Are we talking about the same guy that let Lebron average a triple double?

That would actually be Iggy/Gaymond & Klay "Best 2-way player in the league" Thompson.

The same one that gave Durant a playoff career high just a couple of months ago?

Danny aka the guy who was guarding him for 75% of the series?

dabom
10-19-2016, 04:44 PM
OP wit da goods. :tu

Seventyniner
10-19-2016, 08:28 PM

Blind squirrel, acorn, etc etc

Nathan89
10-19-2016, 08:51 PM
Duncan had a bigger impact.

BOHOLANO#21
10-19-2016, 09:09 PM
Kawhi needs more year to maintain his defensive intensity before he can be called the best defender in history. Right now, I still have Bowen ahead of him. Bowen guarded point guards to power forwards like Nowitzki and his defensive presence limited the players (defended) productions.

Spurtacular
10-19-2016, 10:35 PM
OP spending yet another day showing us why he is the worst poster in ST history, tbh.

10-19-2016, 11:53 PM
Duncan is second in all time defensive win shares. The only person ahead of him is Bill Russell, who played in the 60s. Duncan is probably the greatest defender of all time...

SpursFan86
10-20-2016, 11:53 AM
Duncan and D-Rob were both more better defenders. That's hardly an insult to Kawhi though.

Joseph Kony
10-20-2016, 01:16 PM
best perimeter defender certainly. But prime TD and Robinson were on another level when it comes to defensive impact on the floor, imo

cd98
10-20-2016, 02:32 PM
On pace to become the best? Sure but Robinson and Duncan were dominant.
Robinson essentially blocked almost 3000 shots in 13 seasons and at one point held the NCAA record for most blocks in a season.

Duncan may be the best defensive big man of all time.

And Robinson lost two years of stats due to his stint in the Navy. No doubt 22 Robinson would have been a 20/10 with 2-3 blocks average.

Tully365
10-20-2016, 03:26 PM
Sticking with da schtick

dbestpro
10-21-2016, 04:13 PM
Come to think of it, Alvin Robertson was a bad-ass defender too. Lots of fail going on in this thread.

Best Spurs defender. He gave Jordan fits.