PDA

View Full Version : NFL on the decline, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
10-19-2016, 06:04 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/espn-sean-mcdonough-calls-poor-officiating-nfl-ratings-article-1.2835128

Salute to the ESPN announcer for having the balls to drop a bomb on the NFL during the game, tbh..

Ratings are down and the games are ugly(although better than last year, fortunately)

Penalties against the defense all game and now players can't even look at an opposing player or show emotion after scoring without getting a ridiculous 15-yard taunting penalty..

Hopefully Goodell is gone soon..

UNT Eagles 2016
10-19-2016, 06:28 PM
Hate Goodell too

Pelicans78
10-19-2016, 06:54 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/espn-sean-mcdonough-calls-poor-officiating-nfl-ratings-article-1.2835128

Salute to the ESPN announcer for having the balls to drop a bomb on the NFL during the game, tbh..

Ratings are down and the games are ugly(although better than last year, fortunately)

Penalties against the defense all game and now players can't even look at an opposing player or show emotion after scoring without getting a ridiculous 15-yard taunting penalty..

Hopefully Goodell is gone soon..

Goodell needs to go. He's the biggest problem.

And the penalties against DBs and defenders in general are totally ruining the game. It's become an epidemic. At least they're starting to call the offensive PI a bit more, but not nearly enough to offset the amount of shit defenders go through especially on minor penalties which are automatic 1st downs.

Pelicans78
10-19-2016, 06:56 PM
NFL will announce soon that Sean McDonough has been fined $10,000 for his comments against the officiating and overall ratings.

No way a scumback ass-kisser like Collinsworth would ever criticize the NFL the way Sean McD did.

Avante
10-19-2016, 07:01 PM
What sport has this many young black athletes out there? A lot of them would be putting stuff away at Walmart/Target if not for 220/4.5 jets. 300 pounds of mean. Can catch a football. So we see too many involved where thinking things out is not their strong point. Shit like, hitting guys in the back 20 yards from the play...DUH~~ Trying to sell..."I'm a bad man"...ha~~~ Too much macho from young black athletes in whatever sport they are in. Not unlike ...our turf...in the inner cities. Too many dumb athletes on an NFL field is the problem.

As long as the game is played by guys who couldn't tell ya Edgar Allan Poe from David Allan Coe, we are stuck with what we are seeing.

Odell Beckham Jr.....a great example of what is wrong. Why is he allowed to act like a total freak out there? Imagine how far he'd get with Jimmy Johnson or Belichick playing that....SEE ME, LOOK AT ME~~~

Now add trying to play a very vicious and violent game without the viciousnss and violence, good luck. Football is trying to knock as many of the starters out of the game as possible, get those bench dwellers in there. I'm talking HS football there, that's where it starts.

Too many teams. There just aren't that many high quality athletes out there so here comes guys who have no business in the NFL. As we can plainly see there aren't 32 GREAT QB's in the world. So here comes....Geno Smith...hahahaha!!! Imagine a 14 team league, or a 12 like once upon a time, think of how much better the game would be with every team loaded with stud athletes, instead of the shit we see today.

Those old Packer teams had nine future HOFers out there, imagine Vince Lombardi and Odell Beckham, ha~~~~

Lombardi....what the hell are you doing out there? Sit down or better yet go pack your bags.

I have this thing about young guys doing commercials, I do think they start seeing themselves as more of a celeb than a footballer and it can't help team chemisty when long time vets see these young cats getting all that attention.

johnsmith
10-19-2016, 07:53 PM
What sport has this many young black athletes out there? A lot of them would be putting stuff away at Walmart/Target if not for 220/4.5 jets. 300 pounds of mean. Can catch a football. So we see too many involved where thinking things out is not their strong point. Shit like, hitting guys in the back 20 yards from the play...DUH~~ Trying to sell..."I'm a bad man"...ha~~~ Too much macho from young black athletes in whatever sport they are in. Not unlike ...our turf...in the inner cities. Too many dumb athletes on an NFL field is the problem.

As long as the game is played by guys who couldn't tell ya Edgar Allan Poe from David Allan Coe, we are stuck with what we are seeing.

Odell Beckham Jr.....a great example of what is wrong. Why is he allowed to act like a total freak out there? Imagine how far he'd get with Jimmy Johnson or Belichick playing that....SEE ME, LOOK AT ME~~~

Now add trying to play a very vicious and violent game without the viciousnss and violence, good luck. Football is trying to knock as many of the starters out of the game as possible, get those bench dwellers in there. I'm talking HS football there, that's where it starts.

Too many teams. There just aren't that many high quality athletes out there so here comes guys who have no business in the NFL. As we can plainly see there aren't 32 GREAT QB's in the world. So here comes....Geno Smith...hahahaha!!! Imagine a 14 team league, or a 12 like once upon a time, think of how much better the game would be with every team loaded with stud athletes, instead of the shit we see today.

Those old Packer teams had nine future HOFers out there, imagine Vince Lombardi and Odell Beckham, ha~~~~

Lombardi....what the hell are you doing out there? Sit down or better yet go pack your bags.

I have this thing about young guys doing commercials, I do think they start seeing themselves as more of a celeb than a footballer and it can't help team chemisty when long time vets see these young cats getting all that attention.

Other than the part about narrowing down to a 14 team league, what does this have to do with the shitty product on the field? All you said here was "black guys in the league would be criminals cause they're dumb".

Avante
10-19-2016, 07:59 PM
Other than the part about narrowing down to a 14 team league, what does this have to do with the shitty product on the field? All you said here was "black guys in the league would be criminals cause they're dumb".

You cannot be this damn dumb, wow~~~

What if we had 100 teams, now think? How about just 8?

West

Packers...Aaron Rodgers
Seahawks...Russell Wilson
Saints...Drew Brees
Cowboys...Dak Prescott

East

Pats...Tom Brady
Steelers...Big Ben
Colts...Andrew Luck
Falcons...Matt Ryan

With 100 teams.

Sacramento Pintos...Xavier Carter Norfolk St
Portland Miners...Aki Bradley Chico St
Austin Alligators...Vesco Bradley SF Austin
Nashville Dynamite...Otis Haley Coe
Fresno Lancers...Billy Bob Bodine The Citadel

etc etc etc etc............

You'll figure it out, eventually.

DJR210
10-19-2016, 08:29 PM
1. Goodell is a universally hated, douchebag faggot
2. The "No Fun League" shit took it's toll
3. Poor officiating and inconsistency (Dez caught it) has become tiresome
4. Lack of likeable new stars outside of their own market (Beckham :lol) is an issue

With that being said, I'm enjoying the 2016 season so far tbh :tu

UNT Eagles 2016
10-20-2016, 06:21 AM
Goodell needs to go. He's the biggest problem.

And the penalties against DBs and defenders in general are totally ruining the game. It's become an epidemic. At least they're starting to call the offensive PI a bit more, but not nearly enough to offset the amount of shit defenders go through especially on minor penalties which are automatic 1st downs.
The penalties are nothing compared to the long ass suspensions for fucking marijuana. I want to see Randy Gregory play. Fuck Nazi Goodell :(

UNT Eagles 2016
10-20-2016, 06:22 AM
DJR210 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=42671) Goodell took our best non-injured MLB too...

Darth_Pelican
10-20-2016, 09:17 AM
Combination of things, tbh.

1. Goodell
2. Presidential Debates during games have hurt ratings
3. Peyton Manning retired and he had millions of player fans
4. The ultra-patriotic crew stopped watching because of the Kaepernick kneeling crap
5. Fantasy football reached it's peak, and now less people are playing
6. Tom Brady suspension

All of those things add up. And it's just going to get worse once Brady, Big Ben, Brees, Eli, Romo, Rivers, and Rodgers retire. Luck, Newton, Carr, and Wilson will not carry the league nearly as good as those guys have.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-20-2016, 09:34 AM
All of those things add up. And it's just going to get worse once Brady, Big Ben, Brees, Eli, Romo, Rivers, and Rodgers retire. Luck, Newton, Carr, and Wilson will not carry the league nearly as good as those guys have.

Not so sure about that. Except for Eli and Rivers, most of those "current gen" guys cropped up out of nowhere as well. Wilson and Prescott of course kind of did as well being mid round draft picks.

Also, not sure if Brady will retire for a long time. He seems to want to make it his mission to drop Father Time to 894659564193585665629 – 1.

lefty
10-20-2016, 11:25 AM
NFL has always been shit tbh

Still better than beisbol

johnsmith
10-20-2016, 11:28 AM
You cannot be this damn dumb, wow~~~

What if we had 100 teams, now think? How about just 8?

West

Packers...Aaron Rodgers
Seahawks...Russell Wilson
Saints...Drew Brees
Cowboys...Dak Prescott

East

Pats...Tom Brady
Steelers...Big Ben
Colts...Andrew Luck
Falcons...Matt Ryan

With 100 teams.

Sacramento Pintos...Xavier Carter Norfolk St
Portland Miners...Aki Bradley Chico St
Austin Alligators...Vesco Bradley SF Austin
Nashville Dynamite...Otis Haley Coe
Fresno Lancers...Billy Bob Bodine The Citadel

etc etc etc etc............

You'll figure it out, eventually.

Let me rephrase. I agree with you that if you had less teams you'd have a better product. But the rest of your post was nonsense and didn't have anything to do with the OP, why?

Avante
10-20-2016, 11:50 AM
Let me rephrase. I agree with you that if you had less teams you'd have a better product. But the rest of your post was nonsense and didn't have anything to do with the OP, why?

Wrong again, don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

Pay attention...

Because we have 32 teams the league has to put players out there who simply don't belong. And I am talking from an intellectual perspective. You ever seen an SWAC game, ya know Grambling vs Alcorn? Penalities galore, why is that? Ever see an Ivy League game, very few penalties, why?

What is wrong with the NFL is we have way too many dumb black athletes out there. And it's totally obvious.

Who plays cornerback in the NFL, yep, black cats 100%. Who runs down on kickoffs and punts, mostly speedy black guys.

Who comes off that corner to block a punt/FG......speedy black cats. Black cats that have never read.....It was the best of times, it was the worst of times....etc etc. In my navy days I never saw one of the black guys reading a book.

Stold this...

As a group, without the ability to read well, no future exists for Black children in America. The real tragedy is that Black American students are no longer just competing against White American students. They are competing educationally against the best and the brightest students globally. And Black students are failing miserably.”
Statistically, it is shown that by the 4th grade, Black children do not read as well as their white counterparts, in large part due to the lack of communication (words spoken) to them from their parents. This most effects young Black boys who are twice as likely to drop out than white males.

Now imagine a culture where people actually worry about.....turf and colors....hahahaha~~~~ A culture that thinks pelvic thrusts with tons of kids watching is just fine. Most these guys were raised by mom, they were pampered all thru school because they were big and fast, then there they are on an NFL field with no idea about .....much.

Blacks idea of a protest is trashing their own neighorhood, breaking into businesses and stealing everything they can carry. There is a reason with all that speed, Nigeria has never won an Olympic 100.200.4x1.

Tulare Union (TE Virgil Green) had mostly blacks on their HS teams, when we played them, yep, penalities all over the place and fights. Which was fine with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_cKEOhIzAU

johnsmith
10-20-2016, 12:40 PM
Wrong again, don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

Pay attention...

Because we have 32 teams the league has to put players out there who simply don't belong. And I am talking from an intellectual perspective. You ever seen an SWAC game, ya know Grambling vs Alcorn? Penalities galore, why is that? Ever see an Ivy League game, very few penalties, why?

What is wrong with the NFL is we have way too many dumb black athletes out there. And it's totally obvious.

Who plays cornerback in the NFL, yep, black cats 100%. Who runs down on kickoffs and punts, mostly speedy black guys.

Who comes off that corner to block a punt/FG......speedy black cats. Black cats that have never read.....It was the best of times, it was the worst of times....etc etc. In my navy days I never saw one of the black guys reading a book.

Stold this...

As a group, without the ability to read well, no future exists for Black children in America. The real tragedy is that Black American students are no longer just competing against White American students. They are competing educationally against the best and the brightest students globally. And Black students are failing miserably.”
Statistically, it is shown that by the 4th grade, Black children do not read as well as their white counterparts, in large part due to the lack of communication (words spoken) to them from their parents. This most effects young Black boys who are twice as likely to drop out than white males.

Now imagine a culture where people actually worry about.....turf and colors....hahahaha~~~~ A culture that thinks pelvic thrusts with tons of kids watching is just fine. Most these guys were raised by mom, they were pampered all thru school because they were big and fast, then there they are on an NFL field with no idea about .....much.

Blacks idea of a protest is trashing their own neighorhood, breaking into businesses and stealing everything they can carry. There is a reason with all that speed, Nigeria has never won an Olympic 100.200.4x1.

Tulare Union (TE Virgil Green) had mostly blacks on their HS teams, when we played them, yep, penalities all over the place and fights. Which was fine with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_cKEOhIzAU

So the NFL is in decline because black athletes are dumb. You're a racist prick.

Avante
10-20-2016, 12:56 PM
So the NFL is in decline because black athletes are dumb. You're a racist prick.

Dude, nobody brags on the black man anymore than I do....right? They are on a whole other level when it comes to sports. So physically superior it's ridiculous. Hell ya little shit, my best friend is a black guy named Stan, he was my best man.

Nothing racist at all about knowing those facts. If you can't see that you're dumber than I thought if possible.

There is a gunner running down on a punt, he's 30 yards away from the return man, but...there is some idiot holding him, why? Yep....STUPID. Now who are 90% of those guys?

4.3 sprinters will be black, so there he is on the edge getting ready to block that punt, the guy can't figure out he can't get too close to any kicker? So he ran into him because.....yep....DUH~~~~~~~~

Anyone who ever played football at any level knows the chatter we see with black guys on a football field.

Black receiver....what's with all that smoke?
Black defender....what smoke?
Black receiver....the smoke you'll see when I blow by your slow ass.

ALL GAME LONG~~~~~

DJR210
10-20-2016, 01:00 PM
SMH damn, pretty much every active thread on pretty much every forum here is an Avante "knowledge hijacking", pissing contest or "she was a bar girl" argument

Avante
10-20-2016, 01:05 PM
SMH damn, pretty much every active thread on pretty much every forum here is an Avante "knowledge hijacking", pissing contest or "she was a bar girl" argument

This is funny.

Avante....Aaron Rodgers is in love now, there goes his game.
you....kinda like those little girls you loved on in Olongapo, huh?

Then ya..."what's with Avante and this bar girl thing?"

Dude, maybe if the little punks like you shut up about something over 40 fucking years old.....ya reckon?

And, if people would stop fighting....old guy, seen a lot of football here....ya reckon?

DJR210
10-20-2016, 01:10 PM
More like:

"Insert ANY topic under the sun"

You:

"Let me tell you all why I am more knowledgeable than you are with one of these lists of 70's athletes/blues musicians/track and field stars/etc, etc, etc"

Rinse and repeat on every single active thread in nearly every forum except the NBA forum, but Thread is there so it balances out

Avante
10-20-2016, 01:16 PM
More like:

"Insert ANY topic under the sun"

You:

"Let me tell you all why I am more knowledgeable than you are with one of these lists of 70's athletes/blues musicians/track and field stars/etc, etc, etc"

Rinse and repeat on every single active thread in nearly every forum except the NBA forum, but Thread is there so it balances out

And what do you do guy? Why continue to bug a guy who has made it very obvious he sees sick ass pedos as the lowest form of life on this planet, well? Yep, you like to be a pest, right?

And 90% of the time it's...

Avante...been a lot of great small college RB;s in the NFL.
Dummy...and you Googled all of them.

DJR210
10-20-2016, 01:19 PM
Avante...been a lot of great small college RB;s in the NFL.
Dummy...and you Googled all of them.

In an age of Google nobody gives a fuck about your lists, who do you expect?

Avante
10-20-2016, 01:26 PM
In an age of Google nobody gives a fuck about your lists, who do you expect?

And you Google those you don't even know exist? How does that work?

Talk to me about Big Ben Stevenson, Prentice Gautt, Thunder Thornton, Carver Shannon. You can't because until right now you had never even heard of those footballers. So I Google guys I have never heard of? WHY?????

Nobody has to read me, right? When they do I like to add things they probably didn't know, it's called sharing.

You wanna talk Cowboy RB's, well it starts with Don Perkins....who?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mApNicO56p8

I didn't Google Don Perkins, I saw him play. Just like I did Gautt, Thornton and Shannon. I read about Stevenson in a magazine long ago.

DJR210
10-20-2016, 01:35 PM
Perfect example of why you will never break out of the forum faggot category :lol ^

Why is it that no matter the forum you post on the people there all put you in the same bracket? Numerous examples of you posting at various message boards under various usernames support this fact. Why do you think that is Avante?

Avante
10-20-2016, 01:39 PM
Perfect example of why you will never break out of the forum faggot category :lol ^

Why is it that no matter the forum you post on the people there all put you in the same bracket? Numerous examples of you posting at various message boards under various usernames support this fact. Why do you think that is Avante?

As you totally ignore..."why do you continue to lie about not knowing my stance on that sick ass pedo crap"...dude, enought about me, why do you STILL play that, well? You really can't figure out how I feel about that sick shit?

And, I post on about a half dozen football boards right now. No problems at all. And the couple I did have problems all of us here would get banned, they are super uptight. The first time you....YOU PEDO...you'd be gone. Try acting like ya do here anywhere else......see ya~~~~~

Try saying this on those other boards.

The bitch's name is basically Crenshaw, what do you expect

DJR210
10-20-2016, 03:45 PM
As you totally ignore..."why do you continue to lie about not knowing my stance on that sick ass pedo crap"...dude, enought about me, why do you STILL play that, well? You really can't figure out how I feel about that sick shit?

And, I post on about a half dozen football boards right now. No problems at all. And the couple I did have problems all of us here would get banned, they are super uptight. The first time you....YOU PEDO...you'd be gone. Try acting like ya do here anywhere else......see ya~~~~~

Try saying this on those other boards.
The bitch's name is basically Crenshaw, what do you expect

When I first saw your response it was 3 sentences.. I come back and you've edited in another paragraph and referenced a post from a different sub forum and topic.. My posts are obviously eating you up inside :lol

Avante
10-20-2016, 03:58 PM
When I first saw your response it was 3 sentences.. I come back and you've edited in another paragraph and referenced a post from a different sub forum and topic.. My posts are obviously eating you up inside :lol

As you once AGAIN....totally ignore..."why do you lie about my stance on that pedo shit"....well? Dude, it looks like my posts are eating you alive since you keep harping on the same thing over and over and over despite being told..."that pedo shit sucks". Why do you keep ignoring reality? And if ya want to talk about other places, try that shit anywhere else and see how long ya last .

ANSWER THE QUESTION....ok?

Clipper Nation
10-20-2016, 06:29 PM
He's so attention starved that he tries to shut everyone up with the "slowwww dowwnnn~~~" card in the hopes that we won't compete for attention with his useless almanac lists.

Clipper Nation
10-20-2016, 06:32 PM
This is funny.

Avante....Aaron Rodgers is in love now, there goes his game.
you....kinda like those little girls you loved on in Olongapo, huh?

Then ya..."what's with Avante and this bar girl thing?"

Dude, maybe if the little punks like you shut up about something over 40 fucking years old.....ya reckon?

And, if people would stop fighting....old guy, seen a lot of football here....ya reckon?
For the millionth time, you brought up the bar girl story to begin with. You have kept it alive for three years by melting down and making excuses for it. That's on you, not anyone else.

Clipper Nation
10-20-2016, 06:35 PM
As for the NFL, it's in decline because of too many shitty owners running their franchises into the ground. We've reached the point where, like the NBA, it's the same handful of franchises winning everything because everyone else is clueless. It doesn't help matters that the league pretty much banned defense to make it easier for Brady and Fivehead to put up stats and win.

Avante
10-20-2016, 06:41 PM
He's so attention starved that he tries to shut everyone up with the "slowwww dowwnnn~~~" card in the hopes that we won't compete for attention with his useless almanac lists.

Wrong yet again, wow`~~~~~

There set Buffalo and Washington at 0-2....Rex is in trouble, Cousins...SUCKS~~~~ Avante...slow down, ok? Now where are they, both at 4-2.

McCoy has a bad game, so what do we hear....HE'S DONE, HE SUCKS~~~ Avante, slow down, ok? What have we seen Shady do recently?

Avante...keep an eye on Terrance West (well early on he's a bit of a disappointment)
You....hahahahahaha, HE SUCKS~~~~~~~~~

Now he is on pace to have a 1000 yard season and is averaging 4.7.

Little guy, will you ever figure this shit out, I've only been watching this stuff for over 50 fucking years, ya think just maybe I;ve picked uo on a few things? Dude, we see you acting like a fucking rookie one drive to the next, hahaha`~~~ QB throws a shit pass, here's your dumbass...HE SUCKS~~~~~ hahahahaha~~~~~~

Give things some damn time ya stupid fuck, you really can't figure this out? And it ain't got shit to do with Avante, it's simply understanding how things work in pro football, and it's not.....THEY SUCK, THEY ARE GREAT...after two fucking weeks, ok rookie?

Half pint, the pros don't have to win every game, this ain't the NCAA, ok? They do pick and choose their moments as they keep an eye on the standings in their division, so we don't always get the same level of intensity......honest. The Steelers are showing us that right now loud and clear.

johnsmith
10-21-2016, 02:13 PM
Wrong yet again, wow`~~~~~

There set Buffalo and Washington at 0-2....Rex is in trouble, Cousins...SUCKS~~~~ Avante...slow down, ok? Now where are they, both at 4-2.

McCoy has a bad game, so what do we hear....HE'S DONE, HE SUCKS~~~ Avante, slow down, ok? What have we seen Shady do recently?

Avante...keep an eye on Terrance West (well early on he's a bit of a disappointment)
You....hahahahahaha, HE SUCKS~~~~~~~~~

Now he is on pace to have a 1000 yard season and is averaging 4.7.

Little guy, will you ever figure this shit out, I've only been watching this stuff for over 50 fucking years, ya think just maybe I;ve picked uo on a few things? Dude, we see you acting like a fucking rookie one drive to the next, hahaha`~~~ QB throws a shit pass, here's your dumbass...HE SUCKS~~~~~ hahahahaha~~~~~~

Give things some damn time ya stupid fuck, you really can't figure this out? And it ain't got shit to do with Avante, it's simply understanding how things work in pro football, and it's not.....THEY SUCK, THEY ARE GREAT...after two fucking weeks, ok rookie?

Half pint, the pros don't have to win every game, this ain't the NCAA, ok? They do pick and choose their moments as they keep an eye on the standings in their division, so we don't always get the same level of intensity......honest. The Steelers are showing us that right now loud and clear.

Wrong

Trainwreck2100
10-21-2016, 03:02 PM
As for the NFL, it's in decline because of too many shitty owners running their franchises into the ground. We've reached the point where, like the NBA, it's the same handful of franchises winning everything because everyone else is clueless. It doesn't help matters that the league pretty much banned defense to make it easier for Brady and Fivehead to put up stats and win.

I see shit like this, but Seattle won a title on "foul on every possession and they won't call it"

Avante
10-21-2016, 04:12 PM
Wrong

That coming from a guy who posted about the Seahawks offense after.................TWO TWO TWO TWO....weeks, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JohnnyMax
10-21-2016, 05:25 PM
Avante is my favorite poster

unleashbaynes
10-23-2016, 11:50 AM
Goodell is so shitty. People are starting to see what a fucking weasel he is. Smoke some ganja? Get accused of letting air out of a ball? Lengthy suspension. Beat your fucking wife then drunkenly harass her at the pro bowl? Fine, exempt list.

Fucking garbage. Not to mention the inconsistent penalties. If the Jets were allowed to mug receivers on every play i'm sure they would be damn good like Seattle. Also excessive celebration penalties are absurd at this level.