PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Sportscaster: MacMullan Made Up A Story

mywastedlife900
10-20-2016, 02:04 PM
Despite what you may have heard Tuesday about LaMarcus Aldridge possibly getting traded, fear not, Spurs fans. It’s not true.

“It’s absolutely not true,” San Antonio KENS sportscaster Joe Reinagel said on CBS Sports Radio’s Ferrall on the Bench. “I think this whole thing was started by Jackie MacMullan this morning, and I think she just woke up and said, ‘I need to cause a few problems. I’m going to make up a story.’ Because that’s basically what it is. The Spurs tell me there’s absolutely no truth to this at all, nor has there ever been a though of it, especially this time of year. It makes no sense at all.”

Aldridge, 31, averaged 18.0 points, 8.5 rebounds and 1.1 blocks in 74 games last season. He apparently does not want to play center, however, so the Spurs addressed that.

“They got Pau Gasol and Dewayne Dedmon, so LA will probably never play center this year unless it’s a mistake or something,” Reinagel said. “It’s just absolutely ludicrous. And I’m told – I just found this out a few minutes ago – that Jackie MacMullan has called the Spurs and apologized for starting this whole rumor (Tuesday). So yeah, it just came out of left field, and I’m not sure what the heck is going on, but it’s absolutely not true.”

While Reinagel said the Spurs aren’t shopping Aldridge now, they may shop him at the All-Star break or after the 2016-17 season, depending on how the Spurs perform.

“Once the season’s over, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Spurs shopped this guy around,” Reinagel said. “He’s going to make $22 million in the final year of his contract. Then it makes a little more sense. But right now, it’s just an absolute falsehood. I don’t know what to say. When I saw this today, (I thought), ‘You got to be kidding me.’ It’s unreal.”

https://www.google.com/amp/ferrall.radio.cbssports.com/2016/10/19/san-antonio-sportscaster-macmullan-made-up-a-story/amp/?client=ms-android-att-aio-us

tonight...you
10-20-2016, 02:07 PM
Huh... why would she apologize?

dabom
10-20-2016, 02:13 PM
Of course it was all fucking fake from the beginning. :lol

tonight...you
10-20-2016, 02:14 PM
https://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reactiongifs.com%2Fr%2Fdb lcll.gif&key=G4b11ZFePk96la1YG4d7og

SAGirl
10-20-2016, 02:19 PM
It's telling that Jackie called and apologized....

TimDunkem
10-20-2016, 02:19 PM
Anyone who believed it is a moron. She literally ripped, word for word, parts of Zach Lowe's piece for her "story".

Chinook
10-20-2016, 02:45 PM
Shit, may as well have yet another thread about this topic.

tonight...you
10-20-2016, 02:46 PM
Shit, may as well have yet another thread about this topic.
I'm just glad I didn't have to sit on that Monty Python gif any longer! The relief I feel...

Spur|n|Austin
10-20-2016, 02:46 PM
Anyone who believed it is a moron. She literally ripped, word for word, parts of Zach Lowe's piece for her "story".

spurs10
10-20-2016, 03:13 PM
Shit, may as well have yet another thread about this topic. Another soon on the way "I ran into LMA at HEB".....

MaNu4Tres
10-20-2016, 03:15 PM
One thing that is true. There's no other organization in professional sports that squashes drama surrounding the team like the Spurs.

The Spurs do it the best, better than any franchise in sports.

From trade rumors, to RCs' DWI and driving through a fence, to George Hills' dick pick, to Tony Parker screwing his teammates' wife, to the rumors from Amy that surrounded around Duncans' sexuality. Spurs stonewall all drama that may seep out to the public better than anyone.

This was no surprise either. Anyone with a brain, whether the rumors are true or not, should have known the Spurs would deny and abruptly squash the rumors.

tmtcsc
10-20-2016, 03:18 PM
I sincerely hope it was all a rumor completely w/o base. However, Reinagle then says "I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs shopped him at the trade deadline or after the year if the Spurs don't play well. WTF? Isn't that kind of what the other reports were saying? That LA might be traded before year's end?

I'm glad to hear that the "center" issues were cleared up and Aldridge is feeling good about playing here. The Spurs need that dude engaged and focused. I want to see Golden St. taken down. I can't stand that team. What a bunch of pussies. Now they have the ultimate beta in Durant. I have so much more respect for Westbrook now. The shit he put up with to play with Durant is admirable.

As for the rumor, we have 3 guilty parties:

1. Zach Lowe speculation
2. Jackie MacMullan eating off Zach's plate
3. Jabari Young eating off Jackie's plate

Chillen
10-20-2016, 03:24 PM
Notice they said they would consider or may look into trading him around the all-star break or after. He isn't being traded for now, but it's not impossible in a few months.

cd98
10-20-2016, 03:37 PM
I wonder what other stories MacMullen will make up this year.

DJR210
10-20-2016, 03:49 PM
This is what happens when you let some dyke do a man's job

GSH
10-20-2016, 04:14 PM
She didn't just say that the Spurs were shopping LMA for a trade. She said that she wouldn't want him, "after what she had heard". I know she walked it back a little, but she was clearly acting like she heard something that made LMA himself less than desirable. I don't care how "connected" she has been in the past, she was stirring shit with that comment, and she deserves to have her ass kicked for it.

Making up or embellishing a trade rumor is one thing. But turning it into a hack job on a player is over the top. I'd like to hear someone corner her on exactly what she supposedly "heard" about LMA, or make here apologize for that shit, too.

Emperor
10-20-2016, 04:16 PM
That f'n b*tch.

TheGreatYacht
10-20-2016, 04:20 PM
:lol tmtcsc
:lol Harlem
:lol Manu4tres

HarlemHeat37
10-20-2016, 04:21 PM
It's evident that she's being discredited because she's a woman, unfortunately..very sad and pathetic that this type of sexism is still prevalent in today's society, tbh..

Jackie is a credible source that has been covering basketball for 34 years, yet she still doesn't get the respect she deserves..it's especially egregious in this case, as people are questioning the validity of a story involving a player that has been reported to be a dramatic attention whore, prior to joining the Spurs..

GSH
10-20-2016, 04:23 PM
It's evident that she's being discredited because she's a woman, unfortunately..very sad and pathetic that this type of sexism is still prevalent in today's society, tbh..

LOL. "Justice for Jackie".

toki9
10-20-2016, 04:24 PM
Notice they said they would consider or may look into trading him around the all-star break or after. He isn't being traded for now, but it's not impossible in a few months.

Actually, that part is Reinagel alone speculating about what the Spurs might do...and the writer of the article amplifying that bit to imply attribution to the Spurs.

toki9
10-20-2016, 04:28 PM
Huh... why would she apologize?

Because the Spurs will now deny her access to anything after stoking this rumor. Pop is surprisingly attentive about these things (Or maybe it's not surprising. Part of running a tight ship is paying attention to all the details, including the dumb ones like this). There was an old story about how Pop tried to feed a local reporter some story in order to help him (the reporter) save his job.

itzsoweezee
10-20-2016, 04:57 PM
Jabari Young's got some explaining to do.

spurraider21
10-20-2016, 05:03 PM
harlem going with det troll job because he's got to keep playing the "aldridge is a diva" card

GSH
10-20-2016, 05:11 PM

Jackie is a credible source that has been covering basketball for 34 years, yet she still doesn't get the respect she deserves..it's especially egregious in this case, as people are questioning the validity of a story involving a player that has been reported to be a dramatic attention whore, prior to joining the Spurs..

OMG, you're serious? (That second part wasn't there at first, and I assumed you must be kidding.)

Personally, and I think I can speak for most people here, I love a good sports hoax - but only if the person behind it has a dick.

Dumbshit.

SpursBig3s
10-20-2016, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=MaNu4Tres;8755967]One thing that is true. There's no other organization in professional sports that squashes drama surrounding the team like the Spurs.

From trade rumors, to RCs' DWI and driving through a fence, to George Hills' dick pick, to Tony Parker screwing his teammates' wife, to the rumors from Amy that surrounded around Duncans' sexuality. Spurs stonewall all drama that may seep out to the public better than anyone.

This was no surprise either. Anyone with a brain, whether the rumors are true or not, should have known the Spurs would deny and abruptly squash the rumors.[/QUOTE

baseline bum
10-20-2016, 05:17 PM
I find it hard to believe Aldridge thought he was going to get a flat out #1 role in San Antonio since they were the team of the the beautiful game when he signed. I can't imagine he signed here thinking he was getting more shots. Not that I don't believe the story on Mike Taylor's show about him not being the workhorse Duncan is in practice. He definitely seems like too much of a diva to have that ridiculous work ethic you saw from Duncan, Kobe, Jordan, Bird, etc. Thankfully Kawhi seems to have that Duncan/Kobe level of work ethic.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-20-2016, 05:17 PM
One thing that is true. There's no other organization in professional sports that squashes drama surrounding the team like the Spurs.

This was no surprise either. Anyone with a brain, whether the rumors are true or not, should have known the Spurs would deny and abruptly squash the rumors.

Please point me to their categorical denials of dick pics and DWIs.

TD 21
10-20-2016, 05:20 PM

Exactly. I still think there's something to this, that MacMullan's apology was for starting this (not an admission of being wrong) and that a lot of it is semantics.

I don't think they have or are shopping him, but listening is different. No matter how unlikely, listening can never hurt, especially when it's not a James or a Duncan.

I don't think they pitched him on being or he expected to be the clear number one option. Not when Leonard was coming off of a season where he had emerged as a clear top 10 player and was only going to get better.

I always thought it was more a marriage of convenience than anything and that they hoped they could get the "Spurs way" to rub off on him an that it hasn't really happened. They're probably not thrilled with each other, but that doesn't mean they're ready to move on.

I do think this season will be make or break though, in terms of whether this becomes long term.

coachmac87
10-20-2016, 05:32 PM
Exactly. I still think there's something to this, that MacMullan's apology was for starting this (not an admission of being wrong) and that a lot of it is semantics.

I don't think they have or are shopping him, but listening is different. No matter how unlikely, listening can never hurt, especially when it's not a James or a Duncan.

I don't think they pitched him on being or he expected to be the clear number one option. Not when Leonard was coming off of a season where he had emerged as a clear top 10 player and was only going to get better.

I always thought it was more a marriage of convenience than anything and that they hoped they could get the "Spurs way" to rub off on him an that it hasn't really happened. They're probably not thrilled with each other, but that doesn't mean they're ready to move on.

I do think this season will be make or break though, in terms of whether this becomes long term.

Hit the nail on the head.. Good shit TD21

tonight...you
10-20-2016, 05:51 PM
I find it hard to believe Aldridge thought he was going to get a flat out #1 role in San Antonio since they were the team of the the beautiful game when he signed. I can't imagine he signed here thinking he was getting more shots. Not that I don't believe the story on Mike Taylor's show about him not being the workhorse Duncan is in practice. He definitely seems like too much of a diva to have that ridiculous work ethic you saw from Duncan, Kobe, Jordan, Bird, etc. Thankfully Kawhi seems to have that Duncan/Kobe level of work ethic.
The dude spent much of the season passing up shots so he could "fit in". He had to be begged to take his shots. So Diva...

SAGirl
10-20-2016, 06:23 PM
She didn't just say that the Spurs were shopping LMA for a trade. She said that she wouldn't want him, "after what she had heard". I know she walked it back a little, but she was clearly acting like she heard something that made LMA himself less than desirable. I don't care how "connected" she has been in the past, she was stirring shit with that comment, and she deserves to have her ass kicked for it.

Making up or embellishing a trade rumor is one thing. But turning it into a hack job on a player is over the top. I'd like to hear someone corner her on exactly what she supposedly "heard" about LMA, or make here apologize for that shit, too.

:tu
I made a comment in the other Manu4tres thread precisely about this "rumor". I think her personal comments about LMA and her personal inflection on it is what she should be apologizing for and IMO bottom line the reason she called. That was totally her opinion based on something she heard with no source, and precisely what she heard was never made clear either (fine if she didn't want to reveal a source, but she didn't even say why LMA is not a good trade target to go after... that is what sparked my own speculation that this is all a Danny Ainge hardball tactic with RC fueled rumor). LMA himself was disparaged in this rumor and if there was any trade talk his value diminished or placed in question.

Anyways, no matter bc Jackie Mc left the door wide open for wild speculation and anything you throw at that blank slate can stick. That is awful reporting.

tonight...you
10-20-2016, 06:57 PM
:tu
I made a comment in the other Manu4tres thread precisely about this "rumor". I think her personal comments about LMA and her personal inflection on it is what she should be apologizing for and IMO bottom line the reason she called. That was totally her opinion based on something she heard with no source, and precisely what she heard was never made clear either (fine if she didn't want to reveal a source, but she didn't even say why LMA is not a good trade target to go after... that is what sparked my own speculation that this is all a Danny Ainge hardball tactic with RC fueled rumor). LMA himself was disparaged in this rumor and if there was any trade talk his value diminished or placed in question.

Anyways, no matter bc Jackie Mc left the door wide open for wild speculation and anything you throw at that blank slate can stick. That is awful reporting.
She did some lazy reporting and got called on it, probably by Pop, and called personally to apologize. This has been a big 'ol non-story from the start and conspiracy theori... objective minds can keep the case open all they want.

SAGirl
10-20-2016, 07:07 PM
She did some lazy reporting and got called on it, probably by Pop, and called personally to apologize. This has been a big 'ol non-story from the start and conspiracy theori... objective minds can keep the case open all they want.

It reminds me of how many times good ol Kevin Love has been rumored to be in trades. LMA doesn't rise to the level of rumors that K.Love does, but I am kind of expecting this thing to continue. Even the reporter that informed Jackie Mc apologized, then threw his own rumor out there lol
:lol

We better get ready for this, I suspect all season. I am guessing everyone but Kawhi, Tony and Manu RC is picking up the phone to hear trade offers for. (To the dismay of some maybe, but Tony and Manu are retiring as Spurs).

tonight...you
10-20-2016, 07:10 PM
It reminds me of how many times good ol Kevin Love has been rumored to be in trades. LMA doesn't rise to the level of rumors that K.Love does, but I am kind of expecting this thing to continue. Even the reporter that informed Jackie Mc apologized, then threw his own rumor out there lol
:lol

We better get ready for this, I suspect all season. I am guessing everyone but Kawhi, Tony and Manu RC is picking up the phone to hear trade offers for. (To the dismay of some maybe, but Tony and Manu are retiring as Spurs).
Hopefully so will Kawhi. That guy is going to be even better this year, can you believe that?

HarlemHeat37
10-20-2016, 07:11 PM
The Spurs have rarely had any sensitive divas during the Duncan era, yet now they have 2 in the same frontcourt:lol..better install a tampon dispenser in the locker room, this season..

SAGirl
10-20-2016, 07:21 PM
Hopefully so will Kawhi. That guy is going to be even better this year, can you believe that?

Yup! :tu I can believe he will be better, he's just 25 and each year has gotten more in his plate. This season it's about making teammates better and I think that is one of the main reasons Pop has reduced Iso in favor of PnR. One of the reasons just LMA and Kiwi could score is there was little involvement of others and also, among the two of them. It will require Kiwi to handle the ball in PnR more, and get his shots that way, but it also allows him to make others around him better. He can get his own shot however he wants, but others need help. I like the way they are going frankly.

Also, this may detract a little from this thread, but I have liked Pop experimenting with everyone, every perimeter player has been on PnR and every big has either being Popping or rolling as they please, but everyone has been involved. I am excited for the season. I don't require championship or bust to enjoy the season personally.
:flag:

SAGirl
10-20-2016, 07:25 PM
The Spurs have rarely had any sensitive divas during the Duncan era, yet now they have 2 in the same frontcourt:lol..better install a tampon dispenser in the locker room, this season..

lol Pau got buried within this drama, but that diva Pau not wanting to help the bench hah?

Hey I like your avatar... nice choice! lol

tonight...you
10-20-2016, 07:27 PM
Yup! :tu I can believe he will be better, he's just 25 and each year has gotten more in his plate. This season it's about making teammates better and I think that is one of the main reasons Pop has reduced Iso in favor of PnR. One of the reasons just LMA and Kiwi could score is there was little involvement of others and also, among the two of them. It will require Kiwi to handle the ball in PnR more, and get his shots that way, but it also allows him to make others around him better. He can get his own shot however he wants, but others need help. I like the way they are going frankly.

Also, this may detract a little from this thread, but I have liked Pop experimenting with everyone, every perimeter player has been on PnR and every big has either being Popping or rolling as they please, but everyone has been involved. I am excited for the season. I don't require championship or bust to enjoy the season personally.
:flag:
Some people enjoy the journey, some enjoy the result while lamenting the journey. I know who I'd rather hang out with, along the way.

spurraider21
10-20-2016, 07:30 PM

it's very sad and pathetic that tyis type of sexism is still prevalent in today's society... using feminine qualities as an insult against men, smh

SAGirl
10-20-2016, 07:30 PM
Some people enjoy the journey, some enjoy the result while lamenting the journey. I know who I'd rather hang out with, along the way.

:bobo (...though ewwww Diaw after that coffee article, right?) but he does epitomize enjoying the season. lol

tonight...you
10-20-2016, 07:33 PM
:bobo (...though ewwww Diaw after that coffee article, right?) but he does epitomize enjoying the season. lol
I think I want some, now that I've expounded upon it a bit. Cat shit coffee? Fuck it, I've eaten tarantulas almost the size of a plate... And no, I didn't enjoy it, after biting into the giant, nasty body, but I was damn drunk and it was seasoned with lime and salt...

RD2191
10-20-2016, 07:43 PM
No shit. Told y'all.

SAGirl
10-20-2016, 07:44 PM
I think I want some, now that I've expounded upon it a bit. Cat shit coffee? Fuck it, I've eaten tarantulas almost the size of a plate... And no, I didn't enjoy it, after biting into the giant, nasty body, but I was damn drunk and it was seasoned with lime and salt...

:lol wow for real? lol WOW!!!!!!
A man who can eat a tarantula... I have a real rugged image of you. There is some wild stuff out there... like snake wine and stuff.
http://gurutotheoutdoors.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Snake-wine3.jpg

http://www.timetravelturtle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Cambodia-2013-87_web-lrg.jpg

Still I'd rather try the snake wine than the tarantula. Was that thing crunchy? I could never try insects, much less big insects.

tonight...you
10-20-2016, 07:45 PM
No shit. Told y'all.

From the start... Give it up for Roberto Del Negro. :danceclub

tonight...you
10-20-2016, 07:46 PM
A man who can eat a tarantula... I have a real rugged image of you. There is some wild stuff out there... like snake wine and stuff.
http://gurutotheoutdoors.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Snake-wine3.jpg

http://www.timetravelturtle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Cambodia-2013-87_web-lrg.jpg

Still I'd rather try the snake wine than the tarantula. Was that thing crunchy? I could never try insects, much less big insects.
It was street fare. Yeah, it was fried and the legs were crispy, but the thorax... my God... let's just say it exploded... with flava!

BD24
10-20-2016, 07:52 PM
:lol at the fucking idiots who ever believed this shit. Especially from a fucking hack like her.

SAGirl
10-20-2016, 07:53 PM
It was street fare. Yeah, it was fried and the legs were crispy, but the thorax... my God... let's just say it exploded... with flava!

oooohhhhhh yuck! :cooldevilyou are some cooldevil. That icon is you like this one is Kiwi: :claw

Mikeanaro
10-20-2016, 08:39 PM
It was sad, it brought the worst shit from LMA haters, I cried for a week when its gonna stop all the hate???
http://www.dailystormer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/glee_kurt-cry.gif

tonight...you
10-20-2016, 08:40 PM
It was sad, it brought the worst shit from LMA haters, I cried for a week when its gonna stop all the hate???
http://www.dailystormer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/glee_kurt-cry.gif
https://i.makeagif.com/media/11-19-2014/zEMBgw.gif

BillMc
10-20-2016, 08:43 PM

This. Also, rhe fact that Joe even says says they might shop him at the All-Star break or at the end of the season means there is some likely truth buried under both the Spurs hush up and the fans/media over-reaction.

apalisoc_9
10-20-2016, 08:44 PM

Dat avi :tu

RD2191
10-20-2016, 09:20 PM
From the start... Give it up for Roberto Del Negro. :danceclub

:lol :toast

TheDoctor
10-20-2016, 09:38 PM

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/056/841/eb9.gif

TrainOfThought5
10-20-2016, 11:14 PM

The fact that lamarcus and spurs brass is all male makes it worse, tbh, fyi, imho, srcsm

Obstructed_View
10-21-2016, 02:20 AM
So hilarious that it's a made-up story, but LMA still gets asked about it and ESPN reports it.

intlspurshk
10-21-2016, 02:38 AM
I am sure there must be some disappointment from LMA as he probably wants to be recognised as the same level as Durant at least. Now, with the 2nd round exit and the creation of the mega team in Golden State, the championship hope looks unlikely and there is no much improvement from leaving Portland to joining SPURS. Nevertheless, barring CAV, there are not other teams in the NBA offering better opportunity to championship either and trading still looks unlikely.

wildbill2u
10-21-2016, 09:59 AM
When LMA was considering coming to SA, it was widely reported that Pop and even Tim gave him some very strong assurances about his role, Pop's committment, and the desire of the team to bring him back to Texas since he wanted to be closer to his family.

This was not a move that was done lightly. Probably the biggest FA signing by the Spurs ever. And he got a very nice contract. If, and it's a big if, there is trade that comes up that the Spurs might listen to, I totally believe it would be done in an honorable way with the Spurs honoring every committment they made to LMA. They might even give him a veto over any trade he didn't like.

As far as the reporter is concerned, the only thing they have to offer when following a sports team is their credibility. If they start spreading rumors in a story, just because they don't have anything of interest to report that day, they not only lose their credibility, they lose their sources on the team. So she was smart to offer a mea culpa.

Raven
10-21-2016, 10:14 AM
i doubt anyone believed that tbh

rjv
10-21-2016, 10:39 AM
such a nasty woman.

bklynspursfan
10-21-2016, 10:45 AM
such a nasty woman.

:lol :lol nailed it!