PDA

View Full Version : 3500 american soldiers backed by over 20k Iraqi soldiers cant defeat ISIS in Mosul?

apalisoc_9
10-21-2016, 03:39 PM
Strong ongoing battle right now to retake Mosul..Actually been going on the last 4 days.

Mosul is surrounded by the Kurds and the Iraqi Army in all directions. They're back by specialized american and private military of around 3500 personnel.

Indiscriminate bombardment from Americans and its allies on all of Mosul, but they cant even manage to blitzkrieg one city with significantly more man power?

Russia blitzed through Ukraine and Georgia like nothing.....

Pelicans78
10-21-2016, 03:43 PM
ISIS has been in that town for 2 years. They're set up multiple IEDs, and have suicide bombers everywhere. This has to be dealt with carefully with Ukraine and Georgia had no such issues.

hater
10-21-2016, 03:51 PM
Dont forget that US is giving the terrorists safe passage from Mosul into Syria.

So its 5,000 special ops + 20,000 iraqui soldiers + most powerful airforce in history + a safe passage into Syria to any terrorist that would like to.

DMC
10-21-2016, 03:54 PM
Hell, you can get 3500 people in a gymnasium. I wouldn't call that an overwhelming force where a large urban area is concerned.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-21-2016, 03:54 PM
Currently there is a passage out to the NW. Saying its safe when we have air dominance and no ceasefie is ignorant. From what I have seen Petraeus and others say is there are about 6000 ISIS fighters.

I like 4:1 odds myself.

apalisoc_9
10-21-2016, 03:58 PM
ISIS has been in that town for 2 years. They're set up multiple IEDs, and have suicide bombers everywhere. This has to be dealt with carefully with Ukraine and Georgia had no such issues.

While George and Ukraine has had militaries on those areas for years..?

At this point, beating ISIS is impossible as it represents an Idea of fighting Western intervention on ISLAM the religion...

It just doesn't seem like their fighters know how to give up despite the overwhelming circumstances..they're ready to give blood.

The middle east is a lost war and America should just move on because the longer they dictate that area, the stronger these groups get...first it was a small number of rebels, and then Al-Qaeda and now a more organized Jihadi group in ISIS..its only going to get worse. As Poverty and war continue, more and more people will align themselves with ISIS..its only natural..the next thing you know, you're fighting the whole of Iraq, and then the whole region...

way too much imperialistic money wasted on that war...At least the dudes in Vietnam moved on quickly.

apalisoc_9
10-21-2016, 04:03 PM
Currently there is a passage out to the NW. Saying its safe when we have air dominance and no ceasefie is ignorant. From what I have seen Petraeus and others say is there are about 6000 ISIS fighters.

I like 4:1 odds myself.

6000 might be a bit of an underestimate. I don't think it includes citizens who eventually converted their ideas to align with ISIS..It's most likely closer to 10k and possibly way bigger...

Id give this offensive another 3 weeks..Even if they lose mosul, what's stopping Syria ISIS from retaking mosul? they like blitzkrieg their way to mosul and syrian cities in the east..I dont see how they cant do it again.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-21-2016, 04:03 PM
6000 might be a bit of an underestimate. I don't think it includes citizens who eventually converted their ideas to align with ISIS..It's most likely closer to 10k and possibly way bigger...

Id give this offensive another 3 weeks..Even if they lose mosul, what's stopping Syria ISIS from retaking mosul? they like blitzkrieg their way to mosul and syrian cities in the east..I dont see how they cant do it again.

Your guesses are meaningless to me.

DMC
10-21-2016, 04:17 PM
Trying to defeat any ideal is meaningless, however killing the idealists is a worthwhile proposition.

CosmicCowboy
10-21-2016, 04:24 PM

Urban warfare with religious fanatics prepared and willing to die for their cause is a tough nut to crack. With IED's, suicide bombers, and just normal urban ambushes the casualties could easily be higher than a 4/1 ratio unless they use the Aleppo tactics and just blow the fuck out of everything as they advance.

10-22-2016, 02:13 AM
While George and Ukraine has had militaries on those areas for years..?

At this point, beating ISIS is impossible as it represents an Idea of fighting Western intervention on ISLAM the religion...

It just doesn't seem like their fighters know how to give up despite the overwhelming circumstances..they're ready to give blood.

The middle east is a lost war and America should just move on because the longer they dictate that area, the stronger these groups get...first it was a small number of rebels, and then Al-Qaeda and now a more organized Jihadi group in ISIS..its only going to get worse. As Poverty and war continue, more and more people will align themselves with ISIS..its only natural..the next thing you know, you're fighting the whole of Iraq, and then the whole region...

way too much imperialistic money wasted on that war...At least the dudes in Vietnam moved on quickly.
Well, see the problem is, the US is very invested in the middle east, so walking away isn't really an option. We'll continue to train rebels and fight proxy wars forever it seems.

10-22-2016, 02:15 AM
Urban warfare with religious fanatics prepared and willing to die for their cause is a tough nut to crack. With IED's, suicide bombers, and just normal urban ambushes the casualties could easily be higher than a 4/1 ratio unless they use the Aleppo tactics and just blow the fuck out of everything as they advance.I would not doubt that happening if they can't figure out an alternative in the coming weeks.

Imagine being unfortunate enough to be born in one of these cities, must suck.

hater
10-22-2016, 09:24 AM
It is 4 to 1. 40,000 iraqi, allied, shia, kurd fighters vs 10,000 ISIS. Seems the terrorists are ready for the battle as they have executed 350 civilians yesterday.

Sounds easy as cake. BUT shit can get complicated quickly. Irani backed shia tribes are ready to fight but will do it on their own mostly and will not receive much US support. And you have Turkey in the north who are basically doing their own thing and fighting ISIS is secondary to them after fighting Kurds and Irani Shia units. Lets not forget Iraqi want Turkey out of their country so yeah shit can become a complete mess where you have a handful of armies fighting each other.

This shit could be a clusterfuck. :lol shits about to get real :lol

hater
10-22-2016, 09:26 AM
Oh and already a couple american units have been killed in the last couple days

Fabbs
10-22-2016, 10:01 AM
Do you think if Putin came out and took his shirt off that ISIS would turn and run, then surrender?

pgardn
10-22-2016, 10:17 AM
Strong ongoing battle right now to retake Mosul..Actually been going on the last 4 days.

Mosul is surrounded by the Kurds and the Iraqi Army in all directions. They're back by specialized american and private military of around 3500 personnel.

Indiscriminate bombardment from Americans and its allies on all of Mosul, but they cant even manage to blitzkrieg one city with significantly more man power?

This is not what is going on. Mosul could be retaken very quickly if we aided in indiscriminate bombing. Mosul itself is not even under any serious assault yet. Ground forces are going door to door in outer cities.

And comparing this To Georgia and Ulraine is silly. Russia blitzed throug Ukraine? Are you completely wonked? Another poster who has no clue as to what is actually taking place.

pgardn
10-22-2016, 10:18 AM
Oh and already a couple american units have been killed in the last couple days

Says whom?

pgardn
10-22-2016, 10:19 AM
Urban warfare with religious fanatics prepared and willing to die for their cause is a tough nut to crack. With IED's, suicide bombers, and just normal urban ambushes the casualties could easily be higher than a 4/1 ratio unless they use the Aleppo tactics and just blow the fuck out of everything as they advance.

This also.

hater
10-22-2016, 01:08 PM
Do you think if Putin came out and took his shirt off that ISIS would turn and run, then surrender?

Putin is a pussy. Lavrov is the head of the snake thus in my avatar. Nobody fucks with Lavrov

hater
01-12-2017, 09:01 AM

Wasnt this shit suppossed to take weeks???? 50,000 strong backed by the finest air force and satellite intelligence in histry and still havent made a dent in Mosul :lol

Fucking sad

hater
01-12-2017, 09:03 AM
Apparently now the US command saying Mosul siege to take months.

Meanwhile many are calling it the MOSUL MASSACRE. According to UN 1 out of every 2 deaths in Mosul is a civilians. Disgraceful

hater
01-12-2017, 09:05 AM
Mosul shaping up to make Aleppo look like the Paradise

z0sa
01-12-2017, 09:16 AM
:lol any major army ever doing ground n pound ever again after the nazis froze in their daisy dukes 10 miles out from Moscow's spires

Thread
01-12-2017, 11:57 AM
:lol any major army ever doing ground n pound ever again after the nazis froze in their daisy dukes 10 miles out from Moscow's spires

Thanks, Z, now I got the Bach girl in hers in Southern American eternal sunlight & Nazi youth in theirs in that German dulled sunlight overlapped.

Asshole.

z0sa
01-12-2017, 04:07 PM
Thanks, Z, now I got the Bach girl in hers in Southern American eternal sunlight & Nazi youth in theirs in that German dulled sunlight overlapped.

Asshole.

ĦExito!

UNT Eagles 2016
01-12-2017, 04:58 PM
just get all the allied troops out of mosul, aleppo, raqqa and nuke those 3 places.

hater
01-12-2017, 06:35 PM
just get all the allied troops out of mosul, aleppo, raqqa and nuke those 3 places.

:lol goddam now i wanna play command n conquer

UNT Eagles 2016
01-12-2017, 07:36 PM

just play a game of online Risk, tbh

DMC
01-12-2017, 08:57 PM
Apparently now the US command saying Mosul siege to take months.

Meanwhile many are calling it the MOSUL MASSACRE. According to UN 1 out of every 2 deaths in Mosul is a civilians. Disgraceful

That just means they aren't officially affiliated with any military unit. They are all civilians, with guns and RPGs.

The Reckoning
01-12-2017, 09:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy7IiMyHCr0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpod6gWnYeU

hater
01-12-2017, 09:28 PM
That just means they aren't officially affiliated with any military unit. They are all civilians, with guns and RPGs.

Interesting. In Aleppo they were called peace loving civilians :cry

DMC
01-12-2017, 09:46 PM
Interesting. In Aleppo they were called peace loving civilians :cry

They are now.

hater
01-12-2017, 09:52 PM
They are now.

Sure they are