PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Barkley: Lebron is eighth greatest of all time

ambchang
10-21-2016, 10:19 PM
http://uproxx.com/dimemag/charles-barkley-lebron-james-kobe-bryant-tim-duncan-top-5/

His ranking
Jordan
Oscar
Wilt
Russell
Kareem

Kobe/Duncan
Lebron

Main argument is rings, so not sure how oscar got to his top five and magic didn't.

lefty
10-21-2016, 10:47 PM
Holy shit he is salty

Molotov
10-21-2016, 10:58 PM
Holy shit he is salty

Obviously, nigga been drinking..

scanry
10-21-2016, 11:12 PM
After last season, Lebron has surpassed Tim & Kobe on the GOAT list.

Ice009
10-21-2016, 11:33 PM

Ahh, no fucking way has he surpassed Tim. 2013, we handed him that one. I won't give him credit for that one at all. And last season if that dumb shit Draymond didn't try getting away with kicking yet another player in the groin again (although he and his team got what they deserved), Lebron probably doesn't win that one either. He's only got one ring that he won convincingly.

Kobe is a tougher one because of some of the great players that he's played with, but I might still take a prime Kobe over Lebron in crunch time. I like Lebron's overall game much better than Kobe's, but I still don't like Lebron over Kobe in crunch time. That's Lebron's one main weakness - finishing the game in crunch time when it's all on the line. I wonder if Lebron could have made a kill shot to win it if Kyrie didn't hit that Kobe like 3? Do you guys think he could/would have hit a shot to win it if he had to?

Arcadian
10-21-2016, 11:36 PM

Not Tim, just Kobe

Spurtacular
10-22-2016, 01:04 AM
You'd think CB would be the last guy to be playing the rings card, honestly. Maybe he just doesn't give a sh** at this point about his legacy.

Splits
10-22-2016, 01:40 AM
Ahh, no fucking way has he surpassed Tim. 2013, we handed him that one. I won't give him credit for that one at all. And last season if that dumb shit Draymond didn't try getting away with kicking yet another player in the groin again (although he and his team got what they deserved), Lebron probably doesn't win that one either. He's only got one ring that he won convincingly.

Kobe is a tougher one because of some of the great players that he's played with, but I might still take a prime Kobe over Lebron in crunch time. I like Lebron's overall game much better than Kobe's, but I still don't like Lebron over Kobe in crunch time. That's Lebron's one main weakness - finishing the game in crunch time when it's all on the line. I wonder if Lebron could have made a kill shot to win it if Kyrie didn't hit that Kobe like 3? Do you guys think he could/would have hit a shot to win it if he had to?

lol Kobe was one of the worst "crunch time" players

Ice009
10-22-2016, 07:04 AM

Well his shooting percentage wasn't great and he did take a lot of difficult shots lowering that percentage, but I guess I'm just referring to his mentality. I've seen Lebron piss his pants numerous times in crunch time. Kobe might fuck up or take a bad shot, but he didn't show any fear when taking the shot. Lebron never had that mentality for a lot of his career. Still love his overall game, but that is one of his main weaknesses, and why Jordan is still way ahead and will be hard for him to catch up to.

Thread
10-22-2016, 10:44 AM

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 2nd 5th

ambchang
10-22-2016, 12:28 PM
Well his shooting percentage wasn't great and he did take a lot of difficult shots lowering that percentage, but I guess I'm just referring to his mentality. I've seen Lebron piss his pants numerous times in crunch time. Kobe might fuck up or take a bad shot, but he didn't show any fear when taking the shot. Lebron never had that mentality for a lot of his career. Still love his overall game, but that is one of his main weaknesses, and why Jordan is still way ahead and will be hard for him to catch up to.

Ones trying to win. The other is trying to self promote

whitemamba
10-22-2016, 12:32 PM
Lol at tim being in that list.

Clipper Nation
10-22-2016, 01:14 PM
Salty old faggot Barkley can't stand seeing the current generation's players shine, because it just reinforces how much of a stat-padding loser he was in his playing days. It's nothing new. The NBA has the saltiest media of any sport because of all these bitter old players who can't give the next generation their due.

lefty
10-22-2016, 03:34 PM
Salty old faggot Barkley can't stand seeing the current generation's players shine, because it just reinforces how much of a stat-padding loser he was in his playing days. It's nothing new. The NBA has the saltiest media of any sport because of all these bitter old players who can't give the next generation their due.
Fuck Barkley, Suns' offense was fun to watch before they acquired him, but that fat fuck was a ball stopper

He also got lazy after the 1993 Finals

KJ and Ainge were the real leaders of that team

Buddy Mignon
10-22-2016, 07:26 PM
Jim is not top 10.

Ball Buster
10-22-2016, 10:25 PM
Jim is not top 10.

If if he is, it's barely top 10. Not the best center, not even close and not even the best power forward either. Nice fundamental system player that was lucky to have a good coach in a good system that made him look better than he actually was.

Spurtacular
10-22-2016, 11:46 PM
Other than Jordan, Barkley picking guys from before his time for the top 5 b/c he doesn't want to give too much props to anyone he has to run around with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0XlR2zRihE

Ice009
10-23-2016, 09:58 PM
Ones trying to win. The other is trying to self promote

Doesn't matter. Kobe had no fear taking those shots. Lebron constantly pissed his pants when he needed to take a big end of game shot.

Clipper Nation
10-23-2016, 10:13 PM
Doesn't matter. Kobe had no fear taking those shots. Lebron constantly pissed his pants when he needed to take a big end of game shot.

:lmao People still believe this dusty old narrative? SMH.

In the playoffs LeBron has now taken 10 potential go-ahead shots in the final five seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime. He's connected on six of them, according to ESPN's Brian Windhorst. Jordan was 5-of-11 in such situations during his career.

And let's not leave Kobe Bryant out of this conversation either. LeBron is now 8-of-19 on potential game-tying or go-ahead shots taken in the final 24 seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime during postseason games, per ESPN's Aloki Pattani. Bryant has hit less (7) despite taking more (28). There's also this:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/5/11/8584749/lebron-james-michael-jordan-game-winning-shots

lefty
10-23-2016, 11:11 PM
:lmao People still believe this dusty old narrative? SMH.

In the playoffs LeBron has now taken 10 potential go-ahead shots in the final five seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime. He's connected on six of them, according to ESPN's Brian Windhorst. Jordan was 5-of-11 in such situations during his career.

And let's not leave Kobe Bryant out of this conversation either. LeBron is now 8-of-19 on potential game-tying or go-ahead shots taken in the final 24 seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime during postseason games, per ESPN's Aloki Pattani. Bryant has hit less (7) despite taking more (28). There's also this:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/5/11/8584749/lebron-james-michael-jordan-game-winning-shots

ambchang
10-24-2016, 11:57 AM

Kobe took those shots giving his team a lower chance to win.

Lebron didn't take those shots to give him team a better chance to win.

I will take the later.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-24-2016, 03:03 PM
If if he is, it's barely top 10. Not the best center, not even close and not even the best power forward either. Nice fundamental system player that was lucky to have a good coach in a good system that made him look better than he actually was.

agreed, he was very productive in his prime and an excellent team player, but he was never super athletic or high efficiency on offense. Great on defense and the glass. I'd rank Prime Garnett over Prime Duncan, though.