PDA

View Full Version : Early voting shows upsurge of women

FuzzyLumpkins
10-22-2016, 02:17 AM
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/early-voting-women-battleground-states-230176

For much of his campaign, Donald Trump has done more to repel voting women than he has to win them over. Now mounting evidence suggests they are already punishing him for it at the ballot box.
In three crucial battlegrounds — North Carolina, Florida and Georgia — women are casting early ballots in disproportionate numbers. And in North Carolina, a must-win state for Trump with detailed early voting data available, it’s clear that Democratic women have been particularly motivated to turn out or turn ballots in.

In North Carolina, 87,000 Democratic women have already moved to cast early ballots compared with just 60,000 Republican women, according to data shared with POLITICO by J. Michael Bitzer, an expert on North Carolina’s early vote at Catawba College. Men in the state, meanwhile, are closely divided: 50,000 Republicans and 52,000 Democrats have voted.

“That’s certainly an energy and mobilization indicator this early for the Clinton campaign and Democrats down ballot,” Bitzer said.
In Florida, Daniel Smith, an early-voting expert at the University of Florida, noted that about 55 percent of the 880,000 people who voted as of the end of the day Wednesday are women, even though women make up less than 53 percent of the state’s registered voters. And in Georgia, a new poll on Friday showed Clinton leading Trump by 5 percentage points among early voters — despite trailing Trump narrowly among likely voters — after a noticeable bump in early voting among women.

florige
10-22-2016, 08:56 AM
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/early-voting-women-battleground-states-230176

For much of his campaign, Donald Trump has done more to repel voting women than he has to win them over. Now mounting evidence suggests they are already punishing him for it at the ballot box.
In three crucial battlegrounds — North Carolina, Florida and Georgia — women are casting early ballots in disproportionate numbers. And in North Carolina, a must-win state for Trump with detailed early voting data available, it’s clear that Democratic women have been particularly motivated to turn out or turn ballots in.

In North Carolina, 87,000 Democratic women have already moved to cast early ballots compared with just 60,000 Republican women, according to data shared with POLITICO by J. Michael Bitzer, an expert on North Carolina’s early vote at Catawba College. Men in the state, meanwhile, are closely divided: 50,000 Republicans and 52,000 Democrats have voted.

“That’s certainly an energy and mobilization indicator this early for the Clinton campaign and Democrats down ballot,” Bitzer said.
In Florida, Daniel Smith, an early-voting expert at the University of Florida, noted that about 55 percent of the 880,000 people who voted as of the end of the day Wednesday are women, even though women make up less than 53 percent of the state’s registered voters. And in Georgia, a new poll on Friday showed Clinton leading Trump by 5 percentage points among early voters — despite trailing Trump narrowly among likely voters — after a noticeable bump in early voting among women.

I checked out the current Electoral Map this morning. I gave Trump, FL,NC,AZ,NV, and even threw in Maine. It still brings him 1 short of 270. He would have to turn a likely blue state red, probably PA. I really at this point don't see that happening. BTW all those states were trending blue, NC and FL more so than AZ and NV. Maine was a likely blue, and that number included him winning OH.

Will Hunting
10-22-2016, 09:03 AM
I checked out the current Electoral Map this morning. I gave Trump, FL,NC,AZ,NV, and even threw in Maine. It still brings him 1 short of 270. He would have to turn a likely blue state red, probably PA. I really at this point don't see that happening. BTW all those states were trending blue, NC and FL more so than AZ and NV. Maine was a likely blue, and that number included him winning OH.

He has to win Colorado basically. No chance that he's winning PA or VA.

rmt
10-22-2016, 09:04 AM

He wouldn't get all of Maine - just 1 electoral vote from Maine CD2 so he needs NH too. But in the case of 269, Hillary would also get 269 (a tie) and the House would decide. And I wouldn't put it past at least one of those what do you call them electors to defect to Hillary's side in case of a 269-269 tie.

florige
10-22-2016, 09:17 AM
He has to win Colorado basically. No chance that he's winning PA or VA.

I just went with the more likely states going off of current polling numbers. That map showed Hillary up by 9 points in CO, and 4 point in PA. VA is done. Not sure why he's even still there. And if the story the OP originally post is going to hold true we may know before 9pm on election day who the winner is.

He wouldn't get all of Maine - just 1 electoral vote from Maine CD2 so he needs NH too. But in the case of 269, Hillary would also get 269 (a tie) and the House would decide. And I wouldn't put it past at least one of those what do you call them electors to defect to Hillary's side in case of a 269-269 tie.

I always forget about that Maine voting system.