PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Dynasty derailed

ambchang
10-23-2016, 09:42 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17840266/los-angeles-lakers-dynasty-derailed

Chris
10-23-2016, 09:46 PM
"I think he is our best free-agent signing in a few years," Lakers president Jeanie Buss said.

But that isn't as impressive as it sounds, given that every marquee free agent the Lakers have pursued in recent years has spurned them.

https://media.giphy.com/media/13MCWeJPQtkdVe/giphy.gif

Chris
10-23-2016, 09:47 PM
Last season's debacle led to Jim and general manager Mitch Kupchak firing coach Byron Scott in April, a move that Jeanie says she did not know was coming. She told Outside the Lines it would "probably make me more comfortable" to be consulted on important basketball decisions, but "I have to defer to them, because I've empowered them to run the basketball operation."

Fredo :lol

benefactor
10-23-2016, 09:52 PM
http://images1.citypages.com/imager/u/original/6569921/2328826997_fe5da4bde3.jpg

daslicer
10-23-2016, 11:18 PM
Laker fans have the confidence of Donald Trump when it comes to the outlook of their team. That to me is always pure comedy gold.

Silver&Black
10-23-2016, 11:19 PM
"If the Paul trade went through, we would be looking at Jim Buss and everything differently," said Roland Lazenby, a Lakers historian and biographer of Jerry West, Jackson and Bryant.

Former Lakers scout Gene Tormohlen agrees.

"That was devastating," he said. "You pay for it for four, five, six, seven years. They lost him, but it wasn't their fault."

:cry

J_Paco
10-24-2016, 02:33 PM
"If the Paul trade went through, we would be looking at Jim Buss and everything differently," said Roland Lazenby, a Lakers historian and biographer of Jerry West, Jackson and Bryant.

"That was devastating," he said. "You pay for it for four, five, six, seven years. They lost him, but it wasn't their fault."

Sour fucking grapes. They got Steve Nash, Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant (as a consolation prize) the same team and still ended up the 8th seed. Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant weren't going to work out together no matter who else played with them (not "for" Kobe) or who coached them.

Kobe's selfish attitude and the team's sheer stupidity in giving him an astronomical contract in his waning years has led to this. The Lakerd suck for a variety of reasons, but mostly because of in-fighting and poor manage decisions.

Not because the rest of the league "screwed" them over.

Marc Spears is an idiot if he believes players should be treated as if they are more important and valuable than the entire organization. Especially during the end of their career when said player is a complete detriment both financially and on-court.

DMC
10-24-2016, 03:31 PM
Not saying Luke won't be a decent coach, but he's way too overrated for sitting on the bench while the GSW train rolled through the league. He's done basically nothing otherwise to suggest he should even be considered for a head coaching job.

HarlemHeat37
10-24-2016, 05:34 PM
It'll be interesting to see what type of adjustment they make to the new climate of the NBA, tbh..they are no longer capable of simply buying players with the glamour of LA, which is probably the only reason they ever succeeded, if we're keeping it 100..

Their results have been atrocious, so far..they are severely behind in every facet of new-age basketball..

DMC
10-24-2016, 05:39 PM
It'll be interesting to see what type of adjustment they make to the new climate of the NBA, tbh..they are no longer capable of simply buying players with the glamour of LA, which is probably the only reason they ever succeeded, if we're keeping it 100..

Their results have been atrocious, so far..they are severely behind in every facet of new-age basketball..
Would you put them in the same group as the 76ers? I mean, with their needless injuries and hyped up players that fizzle out before the 1st game.

HarlemHeat37
10-24-2016, 05:44 PM
Would you put them in the same group as the 76ers? I mean, with their needless injuries and hyped up players that fizzle out before the 1st game.

Sixers have a semblance of a plan, at least, despite their poor results(tanking, attempting to acquire assets, etc)..

Lakers have had no direction since 2011..questionable coaching hires, strange trades and signings, etc..it took them years to finally realize that they can no longer have any player they desire..

DMC
10-24-2016, 05:49 PM
Sixers have a semblance of a plan, at least, despite their poor results(tanking, attempting to acquire assets, etc)..

Lakers have had no direction since 2011..questionable coaching hires, strange trades and signings, etc..it took them years to finally realize that they can no longer have any player they desire..

They could turn that around. Isn't Jeannie supposed to take the reins soon? All the buzz around that will infect some spotlight seeking A lister who will head that way like a deer to corn.

HarlemHeat37
10-24-2016, 05:51 PM
I hope she takes over, she sounds like a fucking idiot whenever she opens her mouth, tbh:lol

I don't expect her to be any better than her brother, based on all the comments she has made the past few years..she seems completely clueless and lacking in self-awareness..

Thread
10-24-2016, 07:53 PM
They could turn that around. Isn't Jeannie supposed to take the reins soon? All the buzz around that will infect some spotlight seeking A lister who will head that way like a deer to corn.

When she was sitting on the pot Jim snuck in there and turned the timer back.

tonight...you
10-24-2016, 08:39 PM
When she was sitting on the pot Jim snuck in there and turned the timer back.
God, I want to tongue kiss you. Right the fuck now. Come here, you sack of wrinkly, jelly shit.

tonight...you
10-24-2016, 08:56 PM
Why is it that every time I post to Dale, he goes offline for hours? There's nothing to hide... We good friends and colleagues. So I want to thrust certain parts of my member down his orifices... Old boy needs to thicken the skin and give in to the unadulterated passion and throw the skeleton off the coroner's table.

Clipper Nation
10-24-2016, 09:23 PM

Lakerfans truly are stupid. They're still crying about not being able to break up a championship frontcourt in order to bring in a career choke-artist PG. And they're still pretending they got "screwed" because the Hornets' owner used his right to veto a trade. Just no basketball IQ whatsoever.

Thread
10-24-2016, 09:32 PM
Why is it that every time I post to Dale, he goes offline for hours? There's nothing to hide... We good friends and colleagues. So I want to thrust certain parts of my member down his orifices... Old boy needs to thicken the skin and give in to the unadulterated passion and throw the skeleton off the coroner's table.

You try too damn hard & make me nervous.

tonight...you
10-24-2016, 09:33 PM
You try too damn hard & make me nervous.
I'm in your house...

Thread
10-24-2016, 09:41 PM
I'm in your house...

...make sure to close the door, I have the A/C on.

Thread
10-24-2016, 09:42 PM
Lakerfans truly are stupid. They're still crying about not being able to break up a championship frontcourt in order to bring in a career choke-artist PG. And they're still pretending they got "screwed" because the Hornets' owner used his right to veto a trade. Just no basketball IQ whatsoever.

I wrote the charter decree on this materiel.

Me

Don't even start.

tonight...you
10-24-2016, 09:45 PM
...make sure to close the door, I have the A/C on.
Will do. I ate the meat and drank the wine. I wanted to fuck the women, but... ugh.
Could not do, after seeing that shit.

What the hell is wrong with you?! Those drawings on the walls... Jesus... Why did that one saying she was yours look like Steve Buscemi?