pgardn
10-24-2016, 05:20 PM
"it might be, you know, connected?"

Suo ya knuo.

Thread
10-24-2016, 05:41 PM
"OK then. I'll do a damn lot count. Ya darn tootin."

Something like the above anyways...

"Fargo." Always a fine part. He's so deep in it.

Thread
10-24-2016, 05:41 PM
What say you there fuzzy britches?

"Warden" can't figure out how "Andy" is gone out of a locked cell.

Thread
10-24-2016, 05:43 PM
"Get your people back and their heads down. It's gonna be a big one."

clambake
10-24-2016, 05:54 PM
"i wanna warn you all, i'm a screamer"

Thread
10-24-2016, 06:11 PM
"i wanna warn you all, i'm a screamer"

Ironically I watched it over the weekend. It stands up pretty well. The Santa Ana character is well played.

A lot of ham among the American cast, but, still watchable.

Chris
10-24-2016, 06:25 PM
"Have fun stormin’ da castle!"

clambake
10-24-2016, 06:36 PM
"Have fun stormin’ da castle!"

ha

"goodnight wesley. good work. sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning"

Chris
10-24-2016, 06:50 PM
ha

"goodnight wesley. good work. sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning"

My all time favorite movie :tu

Thread
10-24-2016, 06:59 PM
My all time favorite movie :tu

And I resisted it at first when the children were into it. 10 years later I finally sat down with it.

I got it then. It's all there. & painstakingly produced.

The scenes as he climbing the steep rock, it's just so beautifully photographed there. Same as when they're on the wall in front of the castle. The lighting is so comfortable and pleasant, it's dusk and peaceful. Like a dream.

And nobody steals scenes in this movie. They're in it for the good of all.

And they got Savage at the zenith of his childhood, it's right there at that fucking moment. And they didn't miss it. They weren't early and they were not late. & they got it down onto celluloid,,,forever.

Chris
10-24-2016, 07:01 PM
And I resisted it at first when the children were into it. 10 years later I finally sat down with it.

I got it then. It's all there. & painstakingly produced.

The scenes as he climbing the steep rock, it's just so beautifully photographed there. Same as when they're on the wall in front of the castle. The lighting is so comfortable and pleasant, it's dusk and peaceful. Like a dream.

And nobody steals scenes in this movie. They're in it for the good of all.

And they got Savage at the zenith of his childhood, it's right there at that fucking moment. And they didn't miss it. They weren't early and they were not late. & they got it down onto celluloid,,,forever.

Well said Cub. It's a masterpiece imo The Grandpa at the end saying as you wish when Savage asks if maybe he can come by tomorrow and read it again. Magical.

Thread
10-24-2016, 07:09 PM
Well said Cub. It's a masterpiece imo The Grandpa at the end saying as you wish when Savage asks if maybe he can come by tomorrow and read it again. Magical.

Yep, and Savage & Falk don't kill it as would have been so easy. But, the production wrote & staged it correctly and the actors followed in and stayed back.

---

The revenge by the son for his father is handled deftly and with kid gloves. It had to be, else wise ruination could take place. The high/low comedy & love that comes before it gives way to this ultimate revenge. By the time the moment arrives, the chase has ended...we're ready. It's "our fathers" who are being avenged so we're able to "see" it and be at peace with it. There is humanity in all the "bad guys" save the Guest character. Goldman even even curses him with 6 fingers so he's set apart.

Buddy Mignon
10-24-2016, 07:34 PM
"Tickle ya ass with a feather?"

clambake
10-24-2016, 07:49 PM

peter, kate and what the parrot saw?

Thread
10-24-2016, 07:49 PM

Me.

"No, Dale, no."

Her.

DD
10-24-2016, 11:33 PM
"Only the penitent man shall pass."

Silver&Black
10-24-2016, 11:47 PM
For the Indians one run on let's see....one hit. That's all we got. One goddamn hit.

You can't say goddamn on the air.

Don't worry nobody is listening anyway.

Avante
10-24-2016, 11:53 PM
of all the gin joints, in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

IT'S ALIVE~~ It'S ALIVE~~ IT'S ALIVE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

do ya feel lucky, well do ya...punk!!!!!!!

what we got here, is a failure to communicate.

oh no, it wasn't the planes, it was beauty who got the beast.

Chris
10-25-2016, 12:36 AM
"There are some who call me...Tim?"

clambake
10-25-2016, 12:37 AM

no....she's a child sex slave thats there all the time. stop pretending the scenario where you were seduced by this gerber baby.

and i say "this gerber baby" cuz your mind still see's her.

pgardn
10-25-2016, 12:46 AM
I was looking upstairs.

Its fggn Rachel Welch for Christ sakes.

"Warden" can't figure out how "Andy" is gone out of a locked cell.

You do realize the Warden was "asking" a Rachel Welch poster eh?

pgardn
10-25-2016, 12:57 AM
"Fargo." Always a fine part. He's so deep in it.

Its why I like Coen bro movies. Things go so badly wrong and just spin out of control.

No Country For Old Men... The ranch hand that stumbles upon the drug money. Well he meets a very random capricious killer eventually. Just gets worse as it goes along affecting others as well. It's great stuff. The Dude and the rug micturated upon leads to chaos. Donny gets a heart attack in the fight with the nihilists. On and on. Dude handles it all well though.

I think the Coen brothers are most likely depressed and see life as a big random connected mess.

Avante
10-25-2016, 01:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdIXrF34Bz0

Thread
10-25-2016, 01:59 AM

IT'S ALIVE~~ It'S ALIVE~~ IT'S ALIVE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

do ya feel lucky, well do ya...punk!!!!!!!

what we got here, is a failure to communicate.

oh no, it wasn't the planes, it was beauty who got the beast.

Police Squad
Frankenstein
Dirty Harry
Cool Hand Luke
King Kong

Thread
10-25-2016, 02:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdIXrF34Bz0

Lord knows I've tried this movie and I just can't get thru it.

Thread
10-25-2016, 02:03 AM
Its why I like Coen bro movies. Things go so badly wrong and just spin out of control.

No Country For Old Men... The ranch hand that stumbles upon the drug money. Well he meets a very random capricious killer eventually. Just gets worse as it goes along affecting others as well. It's great stuff. The Dude and the rug micturated upon leads to chaos. Donny gets a heart attack in the fight with the nihilists. On and on. Dude handles it all well though.

I think the Coen brothers are most likely depressed and see life as a big random connected mess.

I like "Fargo" but their other works not so much. "No Country" is too mean for me, too heartless, like the (Hannibal) materiel. I see it cruising thru the channels, I just keep a goin'.

Thread
10-25-2016, 02:13 AM
"Only the penitent man shall pass."

"The Last Crusade."

I've noticed it drags just a might when they get to the (Cup part). A little too coy, coated in pomposity, a little too tight there, but, the part where he meets Hitler remains vivid. They move quick there, just drops thru the black night into the rally amid the smoke from the book burning. Like a nightmare. And they're all accounted for:::the chubby Goering, the slender Goebbels, et al. The movie is worth it just for that scene alone. And the extensive introduction of the young Indy and the Nazi who is not permitted into the Jones house not by "Jones" but forbidden by SS.

Thread
10-25-2016, 02:29 AM
- "Didn't you know your daddy was the best shot in the county?"

- "Just got the wind knocked out of me."

- "Look, look how they massacred my boy."

- "My wife's been dead for 8 years."

- "Wrapped her in my coat, buried her with my bare hands."

Silver&Black
10-25-2016, 04:44 PM
"Here's to swimming with bow legged women"

SpursforSix
10-25-2016, 04:47 PM

I don't know what movie that's from but I do remember Colonel Potter signing something similar in the TV version of MASH. "I like to go swimmin' with bow legged women and swim between their legs, swim between their legs.".

Blake
10-25-2016, 05:24 PM
"There are some who call me...Tim?"

Tis but a flesh wound

Silver&Black
10-25-2016, 06:22 PM
Tis but a flesh wound

"RUN AWAY!!!"

"And Saint Atila raised the hand grenade up on high saying, 'Oh, Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that with it thou mayest blow thy enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin, and people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats, and large --And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out! Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.'"

DMC
10-25-2016, 07:02 PM
"hell i'd piss on a spark plug if i thought it'd do any good"
War Games

DMC
10-25-2016, 07:03 PM
"Hi"

Thread
10-25-2016, 08:59 PM

Robert Shaw/Quint. A child trapped in a man's body.

Nice scene there as they prepare to depart. Almost like an adventure, a time of fun till the Chief's wife weighs in. Brodie & wife are a team,,,AND THEY KNOW IT. A solid connection. Yet Benchly's novel has her screwing the Dreyfuss character. They were right to jettison that movie-wise.

Thread
10-25-2016, 09:01 PM
I don't know what movie that's from but I do remember Colonel Potter signing something similar in the TV version of MASH. "I like to go swimmin' with bow legged women and swim between their legs, swim between their legs.".

That character aggravated me. Piss pot, always with a rejoinder.

Silver&Black
10-25-2016, 09:04 PM
Yet Benchly's novel has her screwing the Dreyfuss character.

You pulling my leg? Really?

clambake
10-25-2016, 09:19 PM

spoiled by henry blake.

SpursforSix
10-25-2016, 10:12 PM

Agree. The second round of characters was weaker across the board. Potter, BJ, Winchester.

Thread
10-25-2016, 10:57 PM
You pulling my leg? Really?

Oh, yeah, they had an affair, but, she finally ended it. He was kind of dull in the novel.

Silver&Black
10-25-2016, 11:04 PM
Oh, yeah, they had an affair, but, she finally ended it. He was kind of dull in the novel.

Shit. You learn something new everyday I guess. Had no idea that was in the novel.

Thread
10-25-2016, 11:14 PM
- "You know that's how Houdini died."

Thread
10-25-2016, 11:15 PM
"If either one you had $2,000 I'd kill ya both."

DMC
10-26-2016, 12:55 AM
"I had to come back"

"I know"

DJR210
10-26-2016, 12:58 AM
"How ya doin' Hendry"

"This. I didn't think anybody could hurt me. But, last night I got shot. And you know something? It hurt. It hurt like a son of a bitch, it even bled! Why is that, John?"

Silver&Black
10-26-2016, 02:49 AM
"He said the sheriff's getting nearer"

DD
10-26-2016, 01:13 PM
Looking at the cake is like looking at the future, until you've tasted it what do you really know? And then, of course, it's too late.

Thread
10-26-2016, 01:17 PM
"He said the sheriff's getting nearer"

Blazing Saddles

Thread
10-26-2016, 01:19 PM
"I had to come back"

"I know"

It's a Clint Eastwood. Is it "a" "Josey Wales?"

Thread
10-26-2016, 01:20 PM
"How ya doin' Hendry"

"This. I didn't think anybody could hurt me. But, last night I got shot. And you know something? It hurt. It hurt like a son of a bitch, it even bled! Why is that, John?"

"Goodfellas" for the top.

The 2nd one is familiar distantly, but, I can't come close to it.

Avante
10-26-2016, 01:21 PM
Rosebud

Thread
10-26-2016, 01:21 PM
Looking at the cake is like looking at the future, until you've tasted it what do you really know? And then, of course, it's too late.

I don't know, but, it's the pure truth.

Thread
10-26-2016, 01:23 PM
Rosebud

"The Dick Van Dyke Show." It was "Richie's" middle name.

Thread
10-26-2016, 01:24 PM
"Your hangin's waitin'."

Thread
10-26-2016, 01:25 PM
"Men are going to die here today, Sue. And I'm gonna kill 'em."

"I got no problem with killin', boss. Never have."

Thread
10-26-2016, 01:27 PM
- "You're a low down yankee liar."

---

- "Prove it."

DJR210
10-26-2016, 01:28 PM
"Goodfellas" for the top.

The 2nd one is familiar distantly, but, I can't come close to it.

Correct. The second one is from the great Charles Lee Ray

Thread
10-26-2016, 01:29 PM
- "Hurry, Gale."

- "I'm feelin' a little punk, Magic."

Thread
10-26-2016, 01:31 PM
- "Please, God, I don't wanna die!"

clambake
10-26-2016, 01:31 PM
then he shouldn't have decorated his saloon with my friend.

Thread
10-26-2016, 01:33 PM
"You have to, Eben. They're waiting for me. I-can't-live-forever!"

DMC
10-26-2016, 01:35 PM

I said typical nasty weather

Thread
10-26-2016, 01:35 PM

And it never grows old. They always show it on the weekends, commercials and all, I switch right on over, or, come to s screeching halt as I'm cruising thru. You can catch it anywhere and thoroughly enjoy it. Over two hours, but, it goes by like shit thru a Xmas goose.

DMC
10-26-2016, 01:36 PM
It's a Clint Eastwood. Is it "a" "Josey Wales?"

It is

You know at that moment the bounty hunter has lost all of his swagger, he's resigned to dying rather than returning to where-ever knowing and it being known that he was a coward, even if the mission was suicide. I mean, he walked out already. I wonder if he made it to his horse.

Thread
10-26-2016, 01:36 PM
- "Wouldn't you much rather play with the children than read hate mail?"

Thread
10-26-2016, 01:39 PM
It is

I always veered from that movie till recently. I finally get it. The floozy in the saloon is one of the "Fun Girls" from "The Andy Griffith Show." She committed suicide several years later. Jameson was her last name.

That's a very humble film. It's aged so well.

DD
10-26-2016, 01:45 PM
I don't know, but, it's the pure truth.

A line from Merlin in Excalibur

Avante
10-26-2016, 01:47 PM
I could have been somebody, I could have been .........................a contender.

SpursforSix
10-26-2016, 01:47 PM

I think I would have guessed Clint Eastwood even if I hadn't seen the movie.

DMC
10-26-2016, 02:55 PM
I think I would have guessed Clint Eastwood even if I hadn't seen the movie.

I had that movie poster framed in my theater room for a while along with Outlaw Josey Wales and Enter the Dragon.

Chris
10-26-2016, 02:56 PM
"You're ghostin' us, motherfucker. I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

clambake
10-26-2016, 02:59 PM
"You're ghostin' us, motherfucker. I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

ha

whatever's out there ain't no man. we're all gonna die.

clambake
10-26-2016, 03:00 PM
"Bless me"? Do you know what God did for me? He threw an 18-wheeled truck at me and bounced me into nowhere for five years! When I woke up, my girl was gone, my job was gone, my legs are just about useless... Blessed me? God's been a real sport to me!

SpursforSix
10-26-2016, 03:35 PM
"Bless me"? Do you know what God did for me? He threw an 18-wheeled truck at me and bounced me into nowhere for five years! When I woke up, my girl was gone, my job was gone, my legs are just about useless... Blessed me? God's been a real sport to me!

Dead Zone. I always forget about this one during the Stephen King discussions. The book was fantastic.

clambake
10-26-2016, 04:22 PM
No, we're not homosexual, but we are willing to learn.
Yeah, would they send us someplace special?

Thread
10-26-2016, 04:30 PM
A line from Merlin in Excalibur

Damn, and I love that movie and still didn't recognize it.

Thread
10-26-2016, 04:32 PM
No, we're not homosexual, but we are willing to learn.
Yeah, would they send us someplace special?

"Stripes." The sit around when they get there remains one of the funniest sequences in motion picture history.

"I'm a pacifist by nature. I don't believe in hitting anybody, unless I'm absolutely sure I can get away with it."

Thread
10-26-2016, 04:35 PM
It's great to see movie that others remember distinctly to which I am totally ignorant. One just figures everyone is alike in these type threads, but, it ain't the case. What touches one's heart doesn't necessarily travel.

SpursforSix
10-26-2016, 04:41 PM
It's great to see movie that others remember distinctly to which I am totally ignorant. One just figures everyone is alike in these type threads, but, it ain't the case. What touches one's heart doesn't necessarily travel.

and yet everyone remembers the cringe worthy.

You had me at hello.

Thread
10-26-2016, 04:59 PM
and yet everyone remembers the cringe worthy.

You had me at hello.

I always cry at the introduction of "El Dorado." The high strikes in the musical score as it comes in and hits, then settles and tells the tale, the hand painted prints of western action/lore under the opening credits, the words of the song and their inevitability of the legends being forged by not only Wayne, but, by Mitchum as well.

zihn6FuFWZg

Johnny Crawford (Mark) on "The Rifleman" had a bit in El Dorado, it's brief, and he's shot and wounded by Wayne. Knowing the fate of being gut shot he murders himself. "He had a gun I didn't see." states Wayne to the boy's father. In 1975 Wayne made his final film "The Shootist" --- in the introduction there are B&W moments from several of his films filing the history of "J.B. Books" his character in "The Shootist." One was the part where Crawford is killed. Crawford was thrilled to see himself "star" in another movie with John Wayne, his last. He was also thrilled when they sent him a check for $3,000.00 for their use of that clip.

clambake
10-26-2016, 05:08 PM
nice chunk a change back then.

Silver&Black
10-26-2016, 08:13 PM
"I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed."

"Now...there is one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home. And you may thank God for it. 30 years from now when you're sitting round your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you, "What did you do in the Great WWII?"...you won't have to say, "Well....I shoveled shit in Louisiana."

Thread
10-27-2016, 05:49 PM
"Gestapo tactics, Gestapo tactics!!!"

leo_d
10-27-2016, 07:18 PM
"We are paratroopers, we´re supposed to be surrounded"

clambake
10-27-2016, 07:42 PM
"i could break you. in two pieces over my knee. i could dump the stock just to burn your ass, but i happen to want the company, and i need your block of shares"

clambake
10-31-2016, 01:40 PM
"i hate that. i hate it when they call us beavers"

elege
10-31-2016, 09:00 PM
"I've had enough of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday-through-Friday plane."

TheyCallMePro
11-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Three off the top of my mind...yall guess!

1) "Oh Sure, Sure."

2) "Clever girl"

3) "Come on you apes, you want to live forever!?"

Thread
11-03-2016, 04:54 PM
Three off the top of my mind...yall guess!

1) "Oh Sure, Sure."

2) "Clever girl"

3) "Come on you apes, you want to live forever!?"

I got 2) ---"Jarassic Park"

Thread
11-03-2016, 05:01 PM
"...so, he won't be joining us for the rest of his life."

---

"It's flour and water, Honk."

---

"My Anna. Neal, don't leave me like this, homes."

Silver&Black
11-03-2016, 09:37 PM
"CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!"

Oh, Gee!!
11-03-2016, 09:39 PM
You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get.

Silver&Black
11-03-2016, 09:48 PM
Listen kid, I'm not gonna bullshit you, all right? I don't give a good fuck what you know, or don't know, but I'm gonna torture you anyway, regardless. Not to get information. It's amusing, to me, to torture a cop. You can say anything you want cause I've heard it all before. All you can do is pray for a quick death, which you ain't gonna get.

Thread
11-03-2016, 09:58 PM
"CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!"

When it first came out believe it or not I thought he said "Charlie don't serve." meaning Charlie wasn't in the Army.:rolleyes

Oh, Gee!!
11-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Listen kid, I'm not gonna bullshit you, all right? I don't give a good fuck what you know, or don't know, but I'm gonna torture you anyway, regardless. Not to get information. It's amusing, to me, to torture a cop. You can say anything you want cause I've heard it all before. All you can do is pray for a quick death, which you ain't gonna get.

reservoir dogs

Silver&Black
11-03-2016, 10:00 PM
When it first came out believe it or not I thought he said "Charlie don't serve." meaning Charlie wasn't in the Army.:rolleyes

How? They only spent the previous 1/2 hour talking about surfing.

Thread
11-03-2016, 10:02 PM
You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get.

Yep, "Planes, Trains, etc." Then the ending scene as they're walking up Gill's street with the trunk between them they walk thru a cross made up of the street and sidewalk cutting thru it again signifying Dell's loss.

I've tried finding that recording "Everytime You Go Away." It's not on the soundtrack and I cannot find it. Paul Young's rendition pales in comparison to that movie cut.

Thread
11-03-2016, 10:05 PM
How? They only spent the previous 1/2 hour talking about surfing.

I know, I know, I can't explain it.

Same thing with "I Will Follow Him" by Little Peggy March in the '60's. I thought she was saying "Apollo, Apollo, Apollo" instead I'll Follow, I'll Follow, I'll Follow." My parents tried to talk me out of it. You can imagine how that went.

Oh, Gee!!
11-03-2016, 10:17 PM
Never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut.

Oh, Gee!!
11-03-2016, 10:18 PM

Same thing with "I Will Follow Him" by Little Peggy March in the '60's. I thought she was saying "Apollo, Apollo, Apollo" instead I'll Follow, I'll Follow, I'll Follow." My parents tried to talk me out of it. You can imagine how that went.

"Excuse me while I kiss this guy," Purple Haze

Silver&Black
11-03-2016, 10:40 PM

I might just have lost the little shred of dignity I had for you....you can't blame me right?

"Charlie don't serve".........wow.

Thread
11-03-2016, 10:56 PM
Never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut.

& with a straight face too. That's the kicker.

And that kid was perfect to play the younger Henry. Just a great casting choice there.

Another great part is when the restaurant owner is trying to get Paulie to come in with him for protection against Tommy. He implies that Tommy should be bumped off. The look on Paulie's face there is spot on. It says so much about that movie and Paulie's character. No more joking around. Then as quick as a snap of the fingers he's back to being jovial. The restaurant guy is a regular Joe,,,in very deep over his head.

Thread
11-03-2016, 10:57 PM
I might just have lost the little shred of dignity I had for you....you can't blame me right?

"Charlie don't serve".........wow.

Don't make me regret opening up to you, &. That wouldn't be right.

gambit1990
11-03-2016, 11:04 PM
"have you lost your mind? you are just a kid!"
"a kid? i smoke, i snort. i've killed and robbed. i'm a man."

Silver&Black
11-03-2016, 11:31 PM
Don't make me regret opening up to you, &. That wouldn't be right.

You did get the Jaws one correct....you're okay again.

Thread
11-03-2016, 11:51 PM
- "So was Red."

Thread
11-04-2016, 11:49 AM
I got 2) ---"Jarassic Park"

I thought I had it. I could have sworn there was a "Clever Girl" in Jurassic. Ironically I was trolling thru the channels last nite and fell onto "Total Recall." And precisely at (that) part where Arn speaks that exact line to Stone.

Is there not a part in Jur where that one guide fellow is killed by the two attacking animals and speaks that line before they attack?

DisAsTerBot
11-04-2016, 11:58 AM
I thought I had it. I could have sworn there was a "Clever Girl" in Jurassic. Ironically I was trolling thru the channels last nite and fell onto "Total Recall." And precisely at (that) part where Arn speaks that exact line to Stone.

Is there not a part in Jur where that one guide fellow is killed by the two attacking animals and speaks that line before they attack?

Yep. It's the raptors attacking the guide

Thread
11-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Yep. It's the raptors attacking the guide

By God, I was right! Me

And that is an effective part in Jur, it's grim on the surface, but, because the guide plays it off it's tamed down as his life is taken.

Thread
11-04-2016, 12:34 PM
- "Chump don't want that help-chump don't get that help."

clambake
11-04-2016, 12:36 PM
- "Chump don't want that help-chump don't get that help."

damn, i know this.

will not google.

Thread
11-04-2016, 01:10 PM
- "So was Red."

Nobody knows this one? I'll give it away then...It's not a spoken line, but, carved in a header, & above it:::"Brooks was here."

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/26/50349876_75ec749e14.jpg

Thread
11-04-2016, 01:13 PM
damn, i know this.

will not google.

C'mon, "The Beaver's" mother acted as interpreter.

SpursforSix
11-04-2016, 01:15 PM
Nobody knows this one? I'll give it away then...It's not a spoken line, but, carved in a header, & above it:::"Brooks was here."

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/26/50349876_75ec749e14.jpg

that was my first inkling. only show I can remember with a "Red". But didn't recognize the line tbh. That movie kept it going. Could have ended after the warden pulled back the poster. Or with the pic above. Took a risk but ultimately paid off with the guys on the beach.

Thread
11-04-2016, 01:19 PM
that was my first inkling. only show I can remember with a "Red". But didn't recognize the line tbh. That movie kept it going. Could have ended after the warden pulled back the poster. Or with the pic above. Took a risk but ultimately paid off with the guys on the beach.

Yep, though the tide woulda taken that boat out to sea many moons earlier and of course every time it's shown on TV they shrink the pic to a thumbnail at that moment and we're left trapped with commercials about reality shows featuring women midgets & DIY's. Me? I stay anyway to see Red's hat get blown off in the breeze.

Thread
11-04-2016, 01:23 PM
"Whooooooooooooo, smell you, I think you're a little sweet on ol Billy the Kid."

SpursforSix
11-04-2016, 01:23 PM
Yep, though the tide woulda taken that boat out to sea many moons earlier and of course every time it's shown on TV they shrink the pic to a thumbnail at that moment and we're left trapped with commercials about reality shows featuring women midgets & DIY's. Me? I stay anyway to see Red's hat get blown off in the breeze.

that's a movie I own on DVD and have never put it in. But every time it comes on TNT, I'm glued to the end. All 30 times a year.

SpursforSix
11-04-2016, 01:24 PM
"Whooooooooooooo, smell you, I think you're a little sweet on ol Billy the Kid."

I'm guessing that's Green Mile.

Thread
11-04-2016, 01:30 PM
that's a movie I own on DVD and have never put it in. But every time it comes on TNT, I'm glued to the end. All 30 times a year.

Yep. It's a commitment. Go to the shelf, locate it, open the case, open the DVD player, take out the one that's in there, load the one in your hand, close the tray, find the DVD remote, change the batteries, on & on. So, "you" sit thru the cut one on the TV 30 times a year. And we're happy.

You get to see the warden do his thing, Hanley playing that part where it makes you proud to behold. I read where that actor eschewed all offers by law enforcement/prison guards help in preparing himself. He wanted to strike a character all it's own, a pure specimen. He was magnificent. To watch him for over 2 hours is reward enough.

Thread
11-04-2016, 01:31 PM
I'm guessing that's Green Mile.

Yep, another characterization that was sublime. Extremely dangerous person ingratiatingly appealing. He's a fine actor.

SpursforSix
11-04-2016, 01:33 PM
Yep, another characterization that was sublime. Extremely dangerous person ingratiatingly appealing. He's a fine actor.

He's great. Didn't know who he was at the time and then realized that's who he was after seeing later movies then Green Mile Again. Some under the radar ones that were damn good...Moon and The Way Way Back.

Thread
11-04-2016, 01:36 PM
He's great. Didn't know who he was at the time and then realized that's who he was after seeing later movies then Green Mile Again. Some under the radar ones that were damn good...Moon and The Way Way Back.

& he was excellent in "Joshua." An underrated (horror) movie that was panned by critics. It was an important production that lost a ton of money. It's fine though and he is extraordinary in it. Deals with a young boy (the son) who is demented.

Shown very rarely.

SpursforSix
11-04-2016, 01:37 PM
Yep. It's a commitment. Go to the shelf, locate it, open the case, open the DVD player, take out the one that's in there, load the one in your hand, close the tray, find the DVD remote, change the batteries, on & on. So, "you" sit thru the cut one on the TV 30 times a year. And we're happy.

You get to see the warden do his thing, Hanley playing that part where it makes you proud to behold. I read where that actor eschewed all offers by law enforcement/prison guards help in preparing himself. He wanted to strike a character all it's own, a pure specimen. He was magnificent. To watch him for over 2 hours is reward enough.

Hanley had good practice playing Viking in the Sean Penn early movie. Again, he was about perfect for that also. Every actor in Shawshank gives you something you can bite on.

SpursforSix
11-04-2016, 01:39 PM
& he was excellent in "Joshua." An underrated (horror) movie that was panned by critics. It was an important production that lost a ton of money. It's fine though and he is extraordinary in it. Deals with a young boy (the son) who is demented.

Shown very rarely.

I haven't seen the whole thing. Was channel surfing and caught Vera Farmiga so stayed until the end.

SpursforSix
11-04-2016, 01:40 PM
holy shit...this makes me feel old

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTUxODY3NjAzMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTQ5MjYwNg@@._ V1_UY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Thread
11-04-2016, 01:41 PM
Hanley had good practice playing Viking in the Sean Penn early movie. Again, he was about perfect for that also. Every actor in Shawshank gives you something you can bite on.

Yep, every character is shown face first, full body camera angle. Nobody is short changed. So, you feel engaged with each. The guards that come into the library for their tax preparation, the contractor who begs the Warden to layoff the next biding, the young kid who processes Red's orders thru the prison delivery system, on & on. Years later they remain in your mind's eye.

Thread
11-04-2016, 01:42 PM
holy shit...this makes me feel old

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTUxODY3NjAzMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTQ5MjYwNg@@._ V1_UY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Sobering for certain.

Thread
11-04-2016, 01:45 PM
I haven't seen the whole thing. Was channel surfing and caught Vera Farmiga so stayed until the end.

And she was unrecognizable for me.

The park scene is harrowing. The camera angles are shot from low levels and give a fearful sense to it. The cops coming in at the end legitimize the scene, seal it. The father is in big, big trouble.

SpursforSix
11-04-2016, 01:47 PM
Yep, every character is shown face first, full body camera angle. Nobody is short changed. So, you feel engaged with each. The guards that come into the library for their tax preparation, the contractor who begs the Warden to layoff the next biding, the young kid who processes Red's orders thru the prison delivery system, on & on. Years later they remain in your mind's eye.

Yeah...every scene has a beginning and end. It's why it holds up so well on TV. You can watch 10 minutes and get resolution. Then get sucked in for 1 more. Same with Green Mile for that matter but that was more obvious with the release of the stories one by one.

Thinking about it...Stand By Me did the same thing.

SpursforSix
11-04-2016, 01:48 PM
And she was unrecognizable for me.

The park scene is harrowing. The camera angles are shot from low levels and give a fearful sense to it. The cops coming in at the end legitimize the scene, seal it. The father is in big, big trouble.

I'll have to watch from the beginning. It seemed scattered from where I picked it up.

Thread
11-04-2016, 01:50 PM
Yeah...every scene has a beginning and end. It's why it holds up so well on TV. You can watch 10 minutes and get resolution. Then get sucked in for 1 more. Same with Green Mile for that matter but that was more obvious with the release of the stories one by one.

Thinking about it...Stand By Me did the same thing.

Yep, the viewer feels good, considered, substantiated, vested, entrusted. And so we're rewarded on our level.

Thread
11-04-2016, 01:53 PM
I'll have to watch from the beginning. It seemed scattered from where I picked it up.

Yep, definitely needs to be seen from the go. It builds nicely as these types of plots usually do. It seems as if there was a "feud" of some type with this production. A lot of bad feelings because of the loss of money over it so it was kind of suppressed at release. Something was up.

clambake
11-04-2016, 02:08 PM
"I've come here to create a new country for you called chaos, and a new government called anarchy."

clambake
11-04-2016, 02:17 PM
Did they catch the fuckers?

They were the fuckers.

Thread
11-05-2016, 12:03 PM
A 1963 film:::

Character 1: "Where's your pad?"

Character 2: "About a mile from here, and I've hung the cutest curtains..."

Silver&Black
11-07-2016, 01:34 PM
"You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns....and those who dig. You dig."

SpursforSix
11-07-2016, 04:36 PM
"You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns....and those who dig. You dig."

The Good, Bad, and the Ugly. Some channel just ran this over the weekend. I didn't stay with it the whole time but great movie.