PDA

View Full Version : Suns: Suns waive Archie Goodwin

JohnnyMax
10-24-2016, 05:07 PM

10-24-2016, 05:08 PM
this is gonna make Cub's day

JMarkJohns
10-24-2016, 05:16 PM
Complete bullshit of a move. Makes him look like a cancer when he wasn't.

I hope he latches on somewhere and makes the Suns regret the decision a few times a year.

Kid may have never amounted to anything beyond roster fodder and a few highlight reels, but he pretty much was fucked over upon drafting. Certainly never did anything to deserve such an unceremonious and abrupt end.

DMC
10-24-2016, 05:28 PM
Spurs may have a look at him.

Thread
10-24-2016, 05:32 PM
Though he's had issues from the get go. After being drafted he was arrested for resisting arrest. He was still in the circle of trust so it was quickly swept under the rug. Only your's truly stood on the corner and yelled about it.

And yet another player who was promised a starting job and big minutes. It was a lie. There is not enough starting jobs to go around. That's what's got Knight all pissed off. Chandler too.

Thread
10-24-2016, 05:37 PM
Just heard on Gambo's show that it was an act of grace. That Tyler Ulis was going to possess Archie's minutes and they didn't want Archie sittin' there gettin' his militancy on.

Fucking goofy shit with this Ulis shrimp. The dumb fucks. So fucking typical. Vintage Suns. Vintage Phoenix.

Silver&Black
10-24-2016, 05:49 PM
So fucking typical. Vintage Suns. Vintage Phoenix.

Congrats, Dale. 0 & Forever is still looking good this year.

Raven
10-24-2016, 05:56 PM
some teams always draft centers, others always draft guards.. sixers should claim him

JMarkJohns
10-24-2016, 06:00 PM
Trade him. He had value. Even for a late 2nd. Teams would have given that for a flier on a player that went 15-5-4 last year as a starter.

Archie had a bit of knucklehead in him. But he also didn't pull an horry and throw a towel at anyone or demand to be traded publicly. Nothing is owed to anyone, but the kid paid his dues.

Suns sucked last year and it took injuries to almost everyone for him to finally get minutes.

Maybe that indicates he didn't have much of a future.

But give the kid a legit chance.

But if you have to cut ties, don't waive him for two undrafted bums.

Thread
10-24-2016, 06:06 PM
Trade him. He had value. Even for a late 2nd. Teams would have given that for a flier on a player that went 15-5-4 last year as a starter.

Archie had a bit of knucklehead in him. But he also didn't pull an horry and throw a towel at anyone or demand to be traded publicly. Nothing is owed to anyone, but the kid paid his dues.

Suns sucked last year and it took injuries to almost everyone for him to finally get minutes.

I think they were hiding a lot, JM. I believe he was volatile with the situation.

Chris
10-24-2016, 06:16 PM
Do it Mitch!

JMarkJohns
10-24-2016, 07:36 PM
I think they were hiding a lot, JM. I believe he was volatile with the situation.

Perhaps. But some players don't allow you to hide it or keep it quiet. Some players force the topic to headline status and prop their feet up until you comply.

For whatever he was and wasn't, he never did that. And when given his chance, albeit out of position as PG, he did well statistically amidst coaching and roster upheaval and with no defined role.

He deserved better than a kick in the ass as he was shown the door for two scrubs who won't be on NBA rosters this time next season. They are using the feel good nature of the underdog story of Jenkins and Jones to distract from the Goodwin debacle.

Thread
10-24-2016, 07:51 PM
Perhaps. But some players don't allow you to hide it or keep it quiet. Some players force the topic to headline status and prop their feet up until you comply.

For whatever he was and wasn't, he never did that. And when given his chance, albeit out of position as PG, he did well statistically amidst coaching and roster upheaval and with no defined role.

He deserved better than a kick in the ass as he was shown the door for two scrubs who won't be on NBA rosters this time next season. They are using the feel good nature of the underdog story of Jenkins and Jones to distract from the Goodwin debacle.

That's the crux of it.

illmatic
10-24-2016, 10:59 PM
Though he's had issues from the get go. After being drafted he was arrested for resisting arrest. He was still in the circle of trust so it was quickly swept under the rug. Only your's truly stood on the corner and yelled about it.

And yet another player who was promised a starting job and big minutes. It was a lie. There is not enough starting jobs to go around. That's what's got Knight all pissed off. Chandler too.

You know Booker is 10x the player Knight is and Chandler's starting. This is a good move, he still can't hit the broadside of a barn after being in the league for 3 years now? The Suns like Jon Jenkins Jr more, he has a better jumpshot already and we won't have to pay him for another couple years.

illmatic
10-24-2016, 11:00 PM
Just heard on Gambo's show that it was an act of grace. That Tyler Ulis was going to possess Archie's minutes and they didn't want Archie sittin' there gettin' his militancy on.

Fucking goofy shit with this Ulis shrimp. The dumb fucks. So fucking typical. Vintage Suns. Vintage Phoenix.

Ulis is a gamer.

illmatic
10-24-2016, 11:02 PM

He had a chance, he had 3 years in this league to develop a reliable jumpshot, which he didn't.

How do you know they didn't cut him so he could go to of a team of his choice instead of trading him to an unwanted team? We did him a favor.

JMarkJohns
10-24-2016, 11:28 PM
Give me a fucking break.

What flavor is the Kool-aid!

Phoenix never did him a favor. They cut him for roster fodder, and then immediately scapegoated him as having "demanded a trade"...

But this request was made privately. Not publicly. The Suns made it a very public statement and act.

Beyond what's right for him, you don't just waste assets. He holds upside. Even significant upside due to athleticism. That's worth something.

So get something for him. His salary is so small, literally everyone could afford him, and then they'd own his restricted rights to resign him.

It's time to simply acknowledge that the Suns have no actual idea what the fuck they are doing. Booker was a great pick and I'm no longer convinced they new what they drafted.

It's pathetic the way they chase their tail and yet fans seem amused; maybe even appreciative of the activity.

Activity =/= Acheivement

Killakobe81
10-24-2016, 11:33 PM
Give me a fucking break.

Phoenix never did him a favor. They cut him for roster fodder, and then immediately scapegoated him as having "demanded a trade"...

But this request was made privately. Not publicly. The Suns made it a very public statement and act.

Beyond what's right for him, you don't just waste assets. He holds upside. Even significant upside due to athleticism. That's worth something.

So get something for him. His salary is so small, literally everyone could afford him, and then they'd own his restricted rights to resign him.

It's time to simply acknowledge that the Suns have no actual idea what the fuck they are doing. Booker was a great pick and I'm no longer convinced they new what they drafted.

It's pathetic the way they chase their tail and yet fans seem amused; maybe even appreciative of the activity.

Activity =/= Acheivement

great post could apply to my Lakers as well ...

illmatic
10-25-2016, 12:58 AM
Give me a fucking break.

Activity =/= Acheivement

You're delusional bro. We weren't getting shit for a guard who can't shoot the ball and is on the final year of his rookie contract.

This team has made a lot of blunders the past few years with McDonough at the helm but to be pissed about this? Jesus.