PDA

View Full Version : Forbes and Green on inactive list for the game vs the warriors

raybies
10-24-2016, 07:25 PM
Thoughts.

Surprised Murray made the active list first game. Maybe pop expects them to get blown out and he can give the pup some run. Maybe he wants to see what he goes early. Just think Forbes earned the right to play but maybe they are saving him.

AFBlue
10-24-2016, 07:32 PM
Interesting. Maybe they think he's a better match up defensively for the Warriors shooters than Forbes.

rastaspur
10-24-2016, 07:32 PM
Makes sense. Its a defense v offense choice. Murray might be able to guard someone a little if put in. Brynn will get torched by any warriors guard imo so it makes sense

Robz4000
10-24-2016, 07:37 PM
Rather have Forbes ready to go. I don't like their chances to slow them defensively, so its best to have their offensive weapons to try to keep up, especially if Forbes can create his own offense.

raybies
10-24-2016, 07:42 PM
Rather have Forbes ready to go. I don't like their chances to slow them defensively, so its best to have their offensive weapons to try to keep up, especially if Forbes can create his own offense.

My thoughts. I don't think going defensive is the answer. Yeah you want the effort but you need two way players against the dubs. I actually think Forbes is passible, but with Parker, Mills, and Nico already sitting up I see why they chose to go big.

Who here thinks Pop actually wants to go for the win? Either way it'll be a good game for a half imo. Pop not gonna show very many cards first game, right?

sasaint
10-24-2016, 08:06 PM
My thoughts. I don't think going defensive is the answer. Yeah you want the effort but you need two way players against the dubs. I actually think Forbes is passible, but with Parker, Mills, and Nico already sitting up I see why they chose to go big.

Who here thinks Pop actually wants to go for the win? Either way it'll be a good game for a half imo. Pop not gonna show very many cards first game, right?

Whether Pop shows none of his cards or all of them, I don't think Pop has the ability to keep the game close for a half. Kerr really holds all the cards. Only if Kerr decides to play a lot of guys will the game remain close for very long. The Dubs had a lot of turnover, but their new faces are mostly veterans. The Spurs had a lot of turnover, but their new faces are far less experienced for the most part. This first game is tilted heavily in the Dubs' favor.

Seventyniner
10-24-2016, 08:10 PM
Makes no difference with Murray vs Forbes, the only way either gets minutes is in a blowout.

SpurPadre
10-24-2016, 09:19 PM
Makes no difference with Murray vs Forbes, the only way either gets minutes is in a blowout.

That should go for Anderson too, tbh. His grandma speed has no business in the court against fast and uber-athletic teams in the league, let alone the Golden State Dream Team.

ElNono
10-24-2016, 09:21 PM
in before "Pop doesn't want to show his secret weapon this early"

SpurPadre
10-24-2016, 09:22 PM

Maybe Curry will forget we have LDN and play like that's all we got.

Kawhitstorm
10-24-2016, 09:24 PM
Surprised Murray made the active list first game. Maybe pop expects them to get blown out and he can give the pup some run. Maybe he wants to see what he goes early. Just think Forbes earned the right to play but maybe they are saving him.

Forbes is a known commodity so Pop can't really experiment with him that much but the game is perfect for Murray to get a taste of NBA competition before he heads out to the D-League. Pop is already conceding it's going to be a blowout so Murray might play the entire 4th quarter.

Chinook
10-24-2016, 10:21 PM
Yeah, the Toros haven't started their season yet, so this isn't a big deal. Murray can at least try to do something defensively with that length, though Forbes is a sounder player on that end (too).

TheDoctor
10-24-2016, 10:31 PM
Thoughts.

Saving him for what? Like he's this kind of precious food in Somalia?

Spurtacular
10-24-2016, 10:37 PM
Thoughts.

Why is that surprising if Green is injured? A first rounder making it over a rookie walk-on is surprising to you?

phxspurfan
10-24-2016, 10:42 PM
Pop gonna throw this game at the earliest sign of trouble anyway so wgaf

SAGirl
10-25-2016, 12:51 AM
Pop is looking for answers himself and Pop is defensive minded first. I don't think he has any sure cards per se. He has for once a lot of young guys to develop (and Lee) and I'd hope to see them get tested. If the game is winnable and close, then he sticks to his trusted guys and we don't see many experiments, but if it's over by the 3rd at that point we see experiment mode Pop. Definitely Murray is there bc of his size and better defensive profile and athleticism and honestly it's worth discovering what he has and let him improve.

SAGirl
10-25-2016, 12:55 AM
Forbes is a known commodity so Pop can't really experiment with him that much but the game is perfect for Murray to get a taste of NBA competition before he heads out to the D-League. Pop is already conceding it's going to be a blowout so Murray might play the entire 4th quarter. Good guess. Good chance to give Murray some experience and film of himself to learn from.

TheGreatYacht
10-25-2016, 12:58 AM
People talking about Murray, but why is Lapro active? :lol

Kawhitstorm
10-25-2016, 02:18 AM
People talking about Murray, but why is Lapro active? :lol

...b/c Porker will be nursing a sore asshole after the first quarter.

DeRozan m8
10-25-2016, 03:16 AM
EDIT - Fuck

r0drig0lac
10-25-2016, 04:31 AM
We started watching McCaw vs Murray

TheGreatYacht
10-25-2016, 05:35 AM
...b/c Porker will be nursing a sore asshole after the first quarter.
Before or after Curry shakes Kawhi off his sneakers again?

raybies
10-25-2016, 11:58 AM
Why is that surprising if Green is injured? A first rounder making it over a rookie walk-on is surprising to you?

Because Forbes had a much better preseason and is older more experienced than Murray.

Spurs9
10-25-2016, 11:59 AM

:lol

Kawhitstorm
10-25-2016, 04:46 PM
Before or after Curry shakes Kawhi off his sneakers again?

Oh, you mean to tell me Kawhi will get Porker's assignment yet again?:lol (Where Art Thou, Harrison Barnes?:cry)

Spurtacular
10-26-2016, 04:33 AM
Because Forbes had a much better preseason and is older more experienced than Murray.

Doesn't much matter. Murray is the future (if it works out).

ceperez
10-26-2016, 05:31 AM
Just for the record, Murray and Green were the two that were inactive.

Murray is heading to D-league when its starts. That's just reality.