PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: There's like no purple on the site right now.

midnightpulp
10-25-2016, 11:52 PM
What happened? It's opening night! Lakerfans aren't basketball fans anymore?

Or is it because Lakers North got demolished like Kool demolishes wide open rectums?

Chris
10-25-2016, 11:54 PM
It's only 9:53 on the West Coast too :lol cmon sons :lol

DMC
10-25-2016, 11:55 PM
Might be a Gay pride parade.

Bynumite
10-25-2016, 11:57 PM
Hey mid congrats. One game into the season and your team already looks so much better than last season :toast

Silver&Black
10-25-2016, 11:57 PM
Get out of my reading room Thread and get your ass in here...

midnightpulp
10-26-2016, 12:00 AM
Hey mid congrats. One game into the season and your team already looks so much better than last season :toast

We probably won't improve on 67 wins.

Meanwhile, the Lakers sans you know who will probably improve by at least 5-10 wins. :lol

DAF86
10-26-2016, 12:02 AM

Look at this guy pulling the backhanded compliment to try and troll about 40 year old Duncan. Like anyone gives a fuck. How cute, tbh. :lol

Bynumite
10-26-2016, 12:21 AM
We probably won't improve on 67 wins.

Meanwhile, the Lakers sans you know who will probably improve by at least 5-10 wins. :lol

I'm sure you're gonna make the WCF or even the Finals though. Much better than last season's 2nd round exit, that's for sure. Future looks bright mid :toast

Anyway, players come and go and i don't know how he does it but Pop just keeps the team playing at a high level at all times. Man's a genius, the average player just seems to flourish under his system.

StrengthAndHonor
10-26-2016, 12:30 AM
That's rude man. Don't give them hopes.

midnightpulp
10-26-2016, 12:36 AM
That's rude man. Don't give them hopes.

We SHOULD be a shoe-in for the WCF after the dissolution of OKC. On paper, the Warriors and Spurs are a tier above the West.

Bynumite wants to spin it because of losing Duncan, when the fact is the West is simply weak and 36 year old Pau isn't too dissimilar from a 40 year old Duncan in overall impact. The Spurs really lost nothing over the off-season.

StrengthAndHonor
10-26-2016, 12:55 AM
We SHOULD be a shoe-in for the WCF after the dissolution of OKC. On paper, the Warriors and Spurs are a tier above the West.

Bynumite wants to spin it because of losing Duncan, when the fact is the West is simply weak and 36 year old Pau isn't too dissimilar from a 40 year old Duncan in overall impact. The Spurs really lost nothing over the off-season.
Wish you the best this season, mid. :bobo

Arcadian
10-26-2016, 12:57 AM

Pau was really the perfect replacement for Duncan. It's almost like he's not even gone, except that Pau is an inferior rim protector. But he's probably the most qualified NBA center for filling Duncan's role, as arguably the smartest and most skilled center in the league.

Somehow, the Spurs found a way to not only remain elite when Duncan retired, but to almost not even miss him. Fucking unbelievable. Best franchise in pro sports confirmed.

Killakobe81
10-26-2016, 12:59 AM
Here ...like state but not a dubs fan if they die ...they die.
My team plays tomorrow. Sure they probably lose but I'm watching all 48 mins.

DAF86
10-26-2016, 01:07 AM
Pau was really the perfect replacement for Duncan. It's almost like he's not even gone, except that Pau is an inferior rim protector. But he's probably the most qualified NBA center for filling Duncan's role, as arguably the smartest and most skilled center in the league.

Somehow, the Spurs found a way to not only remain elite when Duncan retired, but to almost not even miss him. Fucking unbelievable. Best franchise in pro sports confirmed.

Pau is a bit of diva, tbh. If this 18 mins, 4 pts nights continue he will start crying. And he is way worse than just "inferior" as a rim protector compared to Duncan. On offense he will should makes us a lot more dangerous, though.

phyzik
10-26-2016, 01:14 AM
Only 1 game but the Spurs big lineup plus the mid-range game could be the magic potion to defeating this Warriors team.

Arcadian
10-26-2016, 01:16 AM
Pau is a bit of diva, tbh. If this 18 mins, 4 pts nights continue he will start crying. And he is way worse than just "inferior" as a rim protector compared to Duncan. On offense he will should makes us a lot more dangerous, though.

I think his diva antics (to the extent that you can call it that) will "magically" disappear when he adapts to the Pop culture.

He once came off the bench for Dwight Howard. :lol And that was when he was still in his prime. He's seen harder times.

Inferior just means "worse," so that can mean any amount of worse-ness.

DAF86
10-26-2016, 01:24 AM
I think his diva antics (to the extent that you can call it that) will "magically" disappear when he adapts to the Pop culture.

He once came off the bench for Dwight Howard. :lol And that was when he was still in his prime. He's seen harder times.

Inferior just means "worse," so that can mean any amount of worse-ness.

I just wanted to make clear just how much "worser", than Duncan, Pau is on defense.

midnightpulp
10-26-2016, 02:00 AM
I just wanted to make clear just how much "worser", than Duncan, Pau is on defense.

The metrics had last year's Pau on the level of last year's Duncan defensively.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261990&p=8656078&viewfull=1#post8656078

DMC
10-26-2016, 02:12 AM
Spurs film session is going to be entitled "Spanish Players and Matador Defense, brought to you by the number 16 and the letter "P""

DMC
10-26-2016, 02:14 AM
No Warriors alts either. I cannot recall names but they aren't here, not under those aliases.

TimDunkem
10-26-2016, 02:18 AM
Kool's tiny AIDs infected penis never destroyed anything, tbh.

Splits
10-26-2016, 02:41 AM
No Warriors alts either. I cannot recall names but they aren't here, not under those aliases.

:lol Benoit

Splits
10-26-2016, 02:43 AM
But yeah, opening night with the two WC powerhouses going at it and Capri, Dale, Naruto all MIA :lmao fucking pussies

:cry you can dish it but you can't take it :cry

Thread
10-26-2016, 11:26 AM
You/SF never show up at loss. You hide upstairs where it's quarantined.

You've nary room.

DMC
10-26-2016, 12:01 PM
You/SF never show up at loss. You hide upstairs where it's quarantined.

You've nary room.

You've made a schtick of not showing up. You even have a name for it "Reading Room".

whitemamba
10-26-2016, 12:16 PM
Return of Mid, Our season starts today son:lobt2:

Buddy Mignon
10-26-2016, 01:33 PM

Dead Weight retired.

HarlemHeat37
10-26-2016, 01:44 PM
Despite just being 1 mostly meaningless regular season game, last night was just another example of the difference between the 2 franchises..

The Spurs have constantly evolved since Duncan's prime ended, going from a slow-paced team that relied entirely on him, to a faster-paced team that relied on balance, passing and shooting..yesterday showed yet another evolution, which is an ISO-driven team led by a top 3 player that was never supposed to be this good, on a roster built specifically to beat teams like the Warriors(built by the best front office in the NBA)..

Meanwhile, the Lakers have been a trainwreck and an embarrassment since game 7 of the 2010 Finals, tbh..no evolution, no progress, antiquated approach to basketball(on and off the court), snitching(which will prevent any marquee FAs from joining them, as long as Russell is on the roster)..their franchise player left them in a huge hole and hindered the development of their young players, as well..

They are led by Jerry Buss's incompetent son + the Hillary Clinton of basketball..what a contrast between the Spurs and Lakers, tbh..

dfens
10-26-2016, 04:49 PM
let's get that pick sons :lol

Killakobe81
10-26-2016, 05:21 PM
Despite just being 1 mostly meaningless regular season game, last night was just another example of the difference between the 2 franchises..

The Spurs have constantly evolved since Duncan's prime ended, going from a slow-paced team that relied entirely on him, to a faster-paced team that relied on balance, passing and shooting..yesterday showed yet another evolution, which is an ISO-driven team led by a top 3 player that was never supposed to be this good, on a roster built specifically to beat teams like the Warriors(built by the best front office in the NBA)..

Meanwhile, the Lakers have been a trainwreck and an embarrassment since game 7 of the 2010 Finals, tbh..no evolution, no progress, antiquated approach to basketball(on and off the court), snitching(which will prevent any marquee FAs from joining them, as long as Russell is on the roster)..their franchise player left them in a huge hole and hindered the development of their young players, as well..

They are led by Jerry Buss's incompetent son + the Hillary Clinton of basketball..what a contrast between the Spurs and Lakers, tbh..

Yep we suck but on the way up ...
I'll take 27 wins another top 3 lottery pick and revisit in 3 years ....
If this price of this suckage was the back2back and hopefully another title in 5 more years I'll take it.

ambchang
10-26-2016, 05:48 PM
Yep we suck but on the way up ...
I'll take 27 wins another top 3 lottery pick and revisit in 3 years ....
If this price of this suckage was the back2back and hopefully another title in 5 more years I'll take it.

You are out of your mind if you think the lakers can ring in 5 years, let alone b2b.

I'm not sure if the lakers can consistently contend for a playoff spot in five years.

Raven
10-26-2016, 06:02 PM
You are out of your mind if you think the lakers can ring in 5 years, let alone b2b.

I'm not sure if the lakers can consistently contend for a playoff spot in five years.

they are likely to go through a rebuilding in five years as players like clarkson already got paid and they will soon have to pay major scrubs like randle and dbust and they are likely to lose their next draft pick. This core will never get them to the play offs, they will find out soon.

Koolaid_Man
10-27-2016, 10:20 AM
What happened? It's opening night! Lakerfans aren't basketball fans anymore?

Or is it because Lakers North got demolished like Kool demolishes wide open rectums?

Fuck off you faggit ass cuck