PDA

View Full Version : SPURS- HEAT Game

spurs=bling
10-06-2005, 10:13 PM
FSN Southwest To Televise Hurricane Relief Game

FSN Southwest, in conjunction with Florida regional sports network Sun Sports, will provide live commercial-free television coverage of Monday’s Hurricane Katrina Relief Game featuring the San Antonio Spurs and the host Miami Heat. The special exhibition game from the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami will air live on FSN Southwest in South Texas and on Sun Sports throughout South Florida on Monday, Oct. 10 at 6:30 PM CT.
All network commercial time during the live telecast will be replaced with special on-screen messages offering details on how viewers can contribute to the relief efforts.

The event is being presented by the two teams, the NBA and the National Basketball Players Association. As host team, the Heat will donate all proceeds from the event to the efforts to aid the victims of Katrina. All revenue from ticket sales, concessions, parking and retail sales will be contributed.

Viewers will be able to experience the spirit of giving as the telecast will include interviews with special guests in the stands and coverage of the relief effort events taking place that night.

Suns Sports Heat announcers Eric Reid (play-by-play), Tony Florentino (analyst) and Jason Jackson (courtside reporter) will call the action. FSN Southwest Spurs play-by-play announcer Dick Stockton will be a special guest on the telecast.

“This is an opportunity for us to join forces with the Spurs and the Heat and support their tremendous efforts to aid the victims devastated by Hurricane Katrina,” said FSN Southwest Senior Vice President & General Manager Jon Heidtke. “We salute all those involved in this effort and are pleased to be able to do our part in making this event a success.”

angel_luv
10-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Would you believe I am going to have to tape the game.

How is this for irony. My boss at the SBC Center has us scheduled for training there that night.

I have to take that alcohol cert. class. Anyone know how long it takes?

Summers
10-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Woot! 4 nights away!

Summers
10-06-2005, 10:20 PM

How is this for irony. My boss at the SBC Center has us scheduled for training there that night.

That stinks! (And, no, I don't know, sorry).

angel_luv
10-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Woot! 4 nights away!

Woot?

What is that? A wanabee "Whoosh!" ;)

ObiwanGinobili
10-06-2005, 10:26 PM

last time I took it I think it was 2 hours??? anyway. once you get it its good for a few years.
we have a couple currently employed bartenders here .. maybe they'll have some more accurate info.

spurs=bling
10-06-2005, 10:30 PM

well i'll hope you have a nice time.

i can't wait til monday.

spurs=bling
10-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Woot?

i think so

Trainwreck2100
10-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Let me get this straght, it will be the Heat guys and Dick Stockston calling the game?

spurs=bling
10-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Let me get this straght, it will be the Heat guys and Dick Stockston calling the game?
yeah i think so

angel_luv
10-06-2005, 10:33 PM
last time I took it I think it was 2 hours??? anyway. once you get it its good for a few years.
we have a couple currently employed bartenders here .. maybe they'll have some more accurate info.

Two hours... great! = )

I might be able to make the second half! :elephant

clooneyschick04
10-06-2005, 10:36 PM
I sure hope we get it over here. I'm going through some MAJOR basketball withdrawls. I've watched my 2003 and 2005 Champs DVD about a thousand times as I'm sure the majority of us on this board have. Come on Monday!! :elephant

thispego
10-06-2005, 11:02 PM
covergae area??

Horry For 3!
10-06-2005, 11:11 PM
:elephant can't wait :)

gospursgojas
10-07-2005, 12:41 AM
The special exhibition game from the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami will air live on FSN Southwest in South Texas and on Sun Sports throughout South Florida on Monday, Oct. 10 at 6:30 PM CT.

So 830 here...and that means the game isnt starting until 930 in Miami?

Summers
10-07-2005, 12:48 AM
Woot?

it's the English root word of "Whoosh". :lol

Kori Ellis
10-07-2005, 12:50 AM

:wtf

No. 6:30CT means 6:30 central time. That's 6:30 here (Texas) and 7:30 in Miami.

Summers
10-07-2005, 12:50 AM

CT doesn't mean "California Time". :lol

6:30 Central Time, 7:30 in Miami.

Sense
10-07-2005, 12:54 AM
Woot?

Woot is used online alot..

it's more like a

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO..

Summers
10-07-2005, 12:56 AM
Woot is used online alot..

it's more like a

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO..

Slightly more reserved version of "whoo-hoo!"

Sense
10-07-2005, 12:59 AM
Slightly more reserved version of "whoo-hoo!"

Woooo is like woohoo, but without the H or H's...

:rolleyes

The term "w00t" is a slang interjection used to express happiness or excitement, usually over the Internet.

spursfaninla
10-07-2005, 01:01 AM
I read on ESPN that Shaq put on 15 lbs of muscle this summer. He thinks he would have been better during the playoffs if he was stronger.

Well, I figure he will start off strong and then break down (as typical). He will come out during this game and probably put a beating on our front court, no doubt.

Nevertheless,

DUDE. YOU PLAYED BAD BECAUSE YOU WERE INJURED. YOU WERE INJURED BECAUSE YOU WEIGH TOO MUCH TO BEGIN WITH. ADDING MORE WEIGHT IS ADDING TO THE PROBLEM.

Thanks for making yourself less of an issue for other teams in the playoffs this year, big fella.

signed,
the rest of the league

espn article (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp05/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&id=2180593)

Summers
10-07-2005, 01:04 AM
I read on ESPN that Shaq put on 15 lbs of muscle this summer. He thinks he would have been better during the playoffs if he was stronger.

Well, I figure he will start off strong and then break down (as typical). He will come out during this game and probably put a beating on our front court, no doubt.

Nevertheless,

DUDE. YOU PLAYED BAD BECAUSE YOU WERE INJURED. YOU WERE INJURED BECAUSE YOU WEIGH TOO MUCH TO BEGIN WITH. ADDING MORE WEIGHT IS ADDING TO THE PROBLEM.

Thanks for making yourself less of an issue for other teams in the playoffs this year, big fella.

signed,
the rest of the league

espn article (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp05/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&id=2180593)

He had a thigh bruise; I don't think being leaner or bulkier would've made much difference in getting an unlucky knee to the thigh. Shaq has the frame to carry off a lot of muscle. It hasn't hurt his game yet. Just my opinion. Look at the time! Why am I still up?

Dre_7
10-07-2005, 03:32 AM
Is the game going to be on TNT nation wide??

angel_luv
10-07-2005, 04:53 AM
it's the English root word of "Whoosh". :lol

Good answer! :lol

Trainwreck2100
10-07-2005, 07:17 AM
Is the game going to be on TNT nation wide??

If it is will the white players get to play?