PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Anderson..

HarlemHeat37
10-26-2016, 12:04 AM
I missed most of the game, going to rewatch it tomorrow..how did he look in the starting lineup, tbh?

dabom
10-26-2016, 12:06 AM
Dude gave up 11 points to start the game b4 he got benched. Was garbage the entire game.

-21-
Didn't do much. He wasn't particularly bad... He was just there.

GSH
LMAO. SAGirl is going to have a hard time making lemonade out of this one.

Obstructed_View
10-26-2016, 12:07 AM
He gave up 100 points to the Warriors. Piece of shit.

10-26-2016, 12:08 AM
Fucking awful. Not because he had a ton of turnovers or something, but he's just not a good basketball player.

Simmons will replace him once Green is back, inshallah

-21-
10-26-2016, 12:08 AM
Dude gave up 11 points to start the game b4 he got benched. Was garbage the entire game.

I thought Gasol and Parker's defense played a part in Durant getting hot early on, more so than Anderson's.

jag
10-26-2016, 12:09 AM
I have no idea what his role is supposed to be in the NBA

Ditty
I'm pulling for the guy but..

He's not very good basketball player..

At least against the Warriors tonight

Spur|n|Austin
Pretty non-existent; just not making strides in the right direction. Not making moves in any direction really.

.G.
Trash

bklynspursfan
10-26-2016, 12:11 AM
I thought Gasol and Parker's defense played a part in Durant getting hot early on, more so than Anderson's.

He hit 3 or 4 shots right over Anderson. I mean it's not crazy, Durant is a great player. But he got going regardless of what TP/Gasol did. Gasol had some poor rim defense, but we knew that wasn't his thing.

Anderson had 1 real screw up on Durant where he gave him several feet and allowed him to pull up and hit a 3. Other than that, he defended him about as well as he physically could I thought.

Offensively he was lost out there IMO

BD24
10-26-2016, 12:13 AM
You know she is going to point out that one corner three he made :lol

J_Paco
Fucking awful. Not because he had a ton of turnovers or something, but he's just not a good basketball player.

Simmons will replace him once Green is back, inshallah

You mean until Danny returns, but looking at the boxscore he was practically invisible (Gasol too, mind you). He did knock down a nice open corner three-point, though.

Pop needs to realize that Kyle SHOULDN'T PLAY ON THE PERIMETER and is better suited as "small ball" PF, until then Kyle will give mixed (usually subpar) results.

RD2191
Meh, he sucked but so did pau and tp (for the most part) 3 slow players in the starting lineup is no bueno.

r0drig0lac
10-26-2016, 12:15 AM
it needs to be more aggressive

ElNono
10-26-2016, 12:16 AM
He wasn't bad... he was just his lackadaisical self... (Rob, you can google that word)

RD2191
10-26-2016, 12:17 AM
He wasn't bad... he was just his lackadaisical self... (Rob, you can google that word)

Brb gonna go google it.

cd98
10-26-2016, 12:17 AM
He was passive and couldn't guard Durant. In a blowout, he didn't score until garbage time in the 4th. It was disappointing but Durant is a good defender and tough to guard. Can't judge on one game other than so far he looks unplayable against GSW.

Spur Bank
10-26-2016, 12:18 AM
He hit 100% of his shots, 100% of his free throws and turned the ball over zero times.

Haters/idiots will rag on him, seemingly unaware you not only don't need five people scoring the ball, you don't want that either. He did fine.

DAF86
10-26-2016, 12:19 AM
He has to stop being a bitch and just let it fly without hesitating. If you miss, you miss.

coachmac87
10-26-2016, 12:23 AM
He did OK.

K...
10-26-2016, 12:24 AM
He probably won't be useful against the dubs. And if Simmons and patty can hold the bench scoring then Kyle may lose minutes. Lee was also very good, so no pf minutes for kyle.

It's not the end for him, just not the big break we've been hoping for. There's plenty of games left for him to dominate

GSH
10-26-2016, 12:25 AM
He hit 3 or 4 shots right over Anderson. I mean it's not crazy, Durant is a great player. But he got going regardless of what TP/Gasol did. Gasol had some poor rim defense, but we knew that wasn't his thing.

Anderson had 1 real screw up on Durant where he gave him several feet and allowed him to pull up and hit a 3. Other than that, he defended him about as well as he physically could I thought.

Offensively he was lost out there IMO

There was one play where the Spurs gave up a dunk - I think it was LMA who got victimized. Kyle was just standing out in no-man's land, and didn't react. At all. They replayed it, and he looked like a middle-school kid who's never played before. He just looked totally lost. It was his guy who dunked. He didn't do ANYTHING to prevent the pass, he was nowhere nearby when the guy made his move to the paint, and he didn't make a move to chase him.

Giving up some shots to Durant is one thing. But that play really worries me, because it looked like he was just clueless.

palangi
10-26-2016, 12:26 AM
She has spent some time trashing Simmons too. She parrots anything chinook says. Should be fun to watch her squirm.

Sean Cagney
10-26-2016, 12:26 AM
IMHO he is not that good, sorry just don't see it an upside to this guy. He is what he is.

hooperflash
10-26-2016, 12:27 AM
He played better than Livingston.

bklynspursfan
10-26-2016, 12:27 AM
There was one play where the Spurs gave up a dunk - I think it was LMA who got victimized. Kyle was just standing out in no-man's land, and didn't react. At all. They replayed it, and he looked like a middle-school kid who's never played before. He just looked totally lost. It was his guy who dunked. He didn't do ANYTHING to prevent the pass, he was nowhere nearby when the guy made his move to the paint, and he didn't make a move to chase him.

Giving up some shots to Durant is one thing. But that play really worries me, because it looked like he was just clueless.

Ah, I know what you're talking about too. That was another head scratcher. It may have been Durant too but don't remember

sasaint
10-26-2016, 12:29 AM

Did the same thing on a play in the paint, too. He looked absolutely lackadaisical. You are right.

bklynspursfan
10-26-2016, 12:34 AM
It's still so early, I'd like to see him a couple months in. But w/Anderson, it seems like he needs a certain lineup (S) out there to succeed. Whereas we need him to come in and be versatile. Like Simmons could've started, and the spacing immediately improves because he'll either shoot the 3, or he'll drive to the rim and kick out or finish.

Anderson, if he's not the guy trying to create for others, he seems a bit lost out there. Most folks would agree, his biggest issue was not willing to shoot when he has space. He did in garbage time when LMA drove and kicked to him in the corner, and he hit it. I just am baffled why he can't do it more. He's not a good candidate to start if he will refuse to shoot, but Simmons seemed to fit the 2nd unit well.

They'll have to get in his ear big time to shoot the ball when he catches it, or be decisive if he's going to put the ball on the court

Amuseddaysleeper
10-26-2016, 12:35 AM
Honestly, Kyle will never ever be anything more than an end of the bench, garbage time player.

Spurs already have enough deadwood in the backcourt, and Anderson doesn't need to add to that.

He doesn't bring anything to the team, and is way too passive to be getting the minutes that he does. He's way too slow for this era of the NBA.

gambit1990
10-26-2016, 12:35 AM
where's sagirl?

dabom
10-26-2016, 12:37 AM
where's sagirl?

Obstructed_View
10-26-2016, 12:39 AM
With a few days before the start of the season, he gets inserted into the starting lineup against the Warriors in Oakland. He wasn't spectacular, but he was solid. He's another piece that the Spurs can work with to find lineups that work when Danny comes back. Hard to be too unhappy about the Spurs' depth, particularly with the way the roster looked on paper a few short weeks ago.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-26-2016, 12:41 AM
Him at sg is a friggin joke. If you want to keep JS off the bench, start Bertans. Anderson is nothing and will be nothing more than a small ball four. Pop needs to quit with the idea he is going to turn into a poor mans Horry. He's not even a poor mans Bonner.

Mnky
10-26-2016, 12:41 AM
He did alright. He didn't show his iq the, and made a handful of bad decisions on team defense. One point he moved out of curry's way and let him walk to the rim. Bertans is going to eat into his minutes hopefully. He doesn't do enough offensively to make up for his defensive liabilities in today's fast pace. He's a decent bench guy for situational purposes. The warriors arnt one though, so hard to judge when you know he won't be playing those types of teams.

GSH
10-26-2016, 12:52 AM
Him at sg is a friggin joke. If you want to keep JS off the bench, start Bertans. Anderson is nothing and will be nothing more than a small ball four. Pop needs to quit with the idea he is going to turn into a poor mans Horry. He's not even a poor mans Bonner.

Doesn't seem like you would need a PhD to figure out that a guy nicknamed Slow-Mo at the 2 is going to be a problem. But he was only a SG in name, because he was there to replace Danny. He's not really an anything. It just wasn't fair putting him into the starting lineup against the Warriors. There's not a player at any position in their starting 5 that he can guard.

DPG21920
10-26-2016, 01:00 AM
where's sagirl?

Next to Garino writing about how he will make an impact over Forbes.

DPG21920
10-26-2016, 01:01 AM
No issues with him. Tough spot and he's obviously not a great fit with Pau/LmA. He needs the ball to be more effective and with Pau/LMA it makes defensive assignments tough especially when the plan is to switch against great ball handlers.

But he did ok - just has to get into a better role.

Nathan89
10-26-2016, 01:02 AM
KA needs more off ball players to flourish. I know people are shitting on him but I didn't think he was that bad. Once he starts shooting more with confidence he'll be fine.

Kawhitstorm
10-26-2016, 01:03 AM
He played better than Livingston.

I liked that Pop FINALLY decided to put Kyle on Livingston.......after 2 seasons.:rolleyes

Kawhitstorm
10-26-2016, 01:06 AM
No issues with him. Tough spot and he's obviously not a great fit with Pau/LmA. He needs the ball to be more effective and with Pau/LMA it makes defensive assignments tough especially when the plan is to switch against great ball handlers.

If Simmons is playing anywhere near he did tonight when Danny returns then Kyle is going to be the odd man out like De Colo.

Obstructed_View
10-26-2016, 01:08 AM

If he's going to be a two, matching him up with Parker seems like the worst possible combination. When you need energy, he's the worst person to put on a team with Parker, Aldridge, Pau and Kawhi, though I was excited about Pop putting length out there. You gotta have some kind of movement on offense, though, and there was NONE of it with that starting lineup.

Chinook
10-26-2016, 01:10 AM
He wasn't aggressive. He needs to be aggressive. He simply doesn't have role-player skills.

jeebus
10-26-2016, 01:14 AM
I'm sure the Sixers will take him off our hands for us or just wait for Detroit to throw a shit ton of money at him. Either way, hopefully his slow ass is gone next season.

SAGirl
10-26-2016, 01:18 AM
Lol you are just trolling Harlem after all these Kyle hate threads.

Anyways, I will be honest. As a fan he was majorly disappointing. He was hesitant and passed out of good shots he can make. It was as bad a game as I have seen from him in a long time, going back to the beginning of last season with how insecure he looked.

They have spacing issues with him, but working on his 3 was a point of emphasis in the offseason and he established he can shoot the 3. I think the closeouts freak him out, but it's something he's going to have to get over. Overall just really, really disappointing TBH. I don't think he had the right mentality he needed to have to compete in this game and once he had a bad start and passed out of shots, teammates stopped passing to him and it went downhill from there. It was bad, very very bad.

But it's just one game. I have shat on plenty of guys over SEVERAL BAD GAMES and they have shown they have game. But still it's bittersweet that in such an awesome team win he was so majorly disappointing. He doesn't have the right mentality IMO.

Obstructed_View
10-26-2016, 01:19 AM
He wasn't aggressive. He needs to be aggressive. He simply doesn't have role-player skills.

He doesn't have energy guy skills, but he didn't turn the ball over, he shot well, he moved the ball well, and he defended pretty well against a starting five with four all-stars, two of whom are MVP caliber players. The big glaring issue tonight seemed to be more chemistry than anything else.

Chinook
10-26-2016, 01:20 AM
I also want to say that Kyle looked straight-lost as the PF in that third quarter. Had no idea how to run horns, and the players were breaking their sets trying to get him in position. It was not a very heady outing for him.

MaNu4Tres
10-26-2016, 01:23 AM

The team should have gone out of their way to give Kyle his precious post ups vs. the Warriors tonight. Thankfully the Spurs were able to overcome not going to it.

DeRozan m8
10-26-2016, 01:25 AM
Same old dribble dribble nothing

Simmons played the game of his life though, suss that shit

Kawhitstorm
10-26-2016, 01:25 AM
I also want to say that Kyle looked straight-lost as the PF in that third quarter. Had no idea how to run horns, and the players were breaking their sets trying to get him in position. It was not a very heady outing for him.

The Boban role is what best suits him, tbh.

Chinook
10-26-2016, 01:26 AM
The team should have gone out of their way to give Kyle his precious post ups vs. the Warriors tonight. Thankfully the Spurs were able to overcome not going to it.

Wouldn't've stopped him from passing out anytime he got an opening.

YGWHI
10-26-2016, 01:31 AM
he didn't turn the ball over, he shot well, he moved the ball well, and he defended pretty well against a starting five with four all-stars, two of whom are MVP caliber players

Agree. When people say 'he get torched by KD tonight', they should put it in context, the same 4-time scoring champion scored 17 points in the 4th quarter of a crucial playoffs game over Danny and Kawhi, the best two perimeter defenders in the league.

On offense? Kyle can have better performances, we'll see.

Kawhitstorm
10-26-2016, 01:32 AM

Dick Jefferson didn't get postups b/c his job was to hangout in the corner; Pop isn't going to fuck up the geometry of the offense to postup the 5th option.:lol

gambit1990
10-26-2016, 01:34 AM
mid didn't watch the game. let's hear him tell us about things he didn't see before we make any judgements.

SAGirl
10-26-2016, 01:41 AM
I also want to say that Kyle looked straight-lost as the PF in that third quarter. Had no idea how to run horns, and the players were breaking their sets trying to get him in position. It was not a very heady outing for him.To be fair about that, he didn't get enough repetitions at that spot over preseason or in practices, and even less with these guys. Bertans got most of the bench 4 minutes (and well deserved), but there was also LJC. Kyle really just played very little at the 4 during preseason so he doesn't have enough practice at that spot even.

MaNu4Tres
10-26-2016, 01:44 AM
Dick Jefferson didn't get postups b/c his job was to hangout in the corner; Pop isn't going to fuck up the geometry of the offense to postup the 5th option.:lol

Sarcasm.

Was referring to our conversation on how he thought Anderson needs to be posting up vs. Warriors.

SAGirl
10-26-2016, 01:47 AM

Honestly no. I think they needed to call a play to get him a wide open corner 3, which he has been hitting once Pop saw the hesitation. They needed to establish he can shoot the 3 to get his confidence rolling but really more than that, so the other team respects him as a shooter and they guard him.

They didn't do that, he was spotted in the wing in Danny's spots, sometimes (not all the time, but often) guarded by Durant who can get to his shot easily even if he seems like he was somewhat open 4-5 away, bc Durant is that tall and Kyle is not a pure sniper like that. Him passing up those shots was maybe ok, but he can't be out there a non factor. This game as going to be all Kiwi and LMA, even Tony and Pay took very little shots. But that's no excuse for him. I was disappointed.

SAGirl
10-26-2016, 01:48 AM
Sarcasm.

Was referring to our conversation on how he thought Anderson needs to be posting up vs. Warriors.
Got_it.

TimDunkem
10-26-2016, 02:06 AM
Passive, indecisive, slow-footed, and a non-factor until the 4th where he hit one shot.

Typical Fathead, tbh.

ViceCity86
10-26-2016, 02:19 AM
Possibly the worst player in Spurs history.

TheGreatYacht
10-26-2016, 02:25 AM
Tried to tell y'all. The guy is just useless.

Time to hear Kyle fans say how much Pop babies Simmons and gives him undeserved minutes :lol

TimDunkem
10-26-2016, 02:27 AM
Kyle can be serviceable...Somewhere. Maybe China.

DeRozan m8
10-26-2016, 02:28 AM
Did I just read that playing team ball freezes out Kyle?

TimDunkem
10-26-2016, 02:30 AM
As if this team actually needs to take touches away from others and run plays trying to put Kyle in a position to succeed. Guy needs to take the shots he gets within the offense instead of being passive or indecisive once the ball ends up in his hands. :lol

r0drig0lac
10-26-2016, 04:47 AM

I agree, but it will not happen playing in SAS (1st unit: Parker / Kawhi 2nd unit: Manu / Simmons)

Splits
10-26-2016, 05:53 AM
I have shat on plenty of guys.

in case y'all think she's being metaphorical, uh uh.

Like rainbows followed by roses

SAGirl
10-26-2016, 05:57 AM
in case y'all think she's being metaphorical, uh uh.

Like rainbows followed by rosesPlenty of that going around lol

Mouth is Bleeding
10-26-2016, 06:24 AM
If we want to destroy all that's good right now, it will be inserting Kyle into the bench unit when Danny comes back.

It must be repeated that we had the best bench last year in the whole league but once Kyle's role increased everything there started to get worse. He has awful chemistry with the best players on the bench and his slow feet can't defending anything.

The only minimal good sign for him was hitting that pretty good looking corner 3. If that's for real that gives him a little bit of a hope for a career in this league and maybe just maybe some kind of value to the bench.

Otherwise he can go be China MVP contender ASAP.

TheGreatYacht
10-26-2016, 06:35 AM
If we want to destroy all that's good right now, it will be inserting Kyle into the bench unit when Danny comes back.

It must be repeated that we had the best bench last year in the whole league but once Kyle's role increased everything there started to get worse. He has awful chemistry with the best players on the bench and his slow feet can't defending anything.

The only minimal good sign for him was hitting that pretty good looking corner 3. If that's for real that gives him a little bit of a hope for a career in this league and maybe just maybe some kind of value to the bench.

This 100x, that bench was cancerous when his role increased. Just look at the playoffs where he averaged 2.3ppg, 2.4rpg, 0.7apg on 32% shooting

MaNu4Tres
10-26-2016, 08:05 AM
I agree, but it will not happen playing in SAS (1st unit: Parker / Kawhi 2nd unit: Manu / Simmons)

Here's the problem. He's not good enough to have the ball in relevant situations ( close games/ playoff games) against good teams.

His only strength on offense, having the ball in his hands, can only be effective against poor teams.

Em-City
10-26-2016, 08:19 AM
Here's the problem. He's not good enough to have the ball in relevant situations ( close games/ playoff games) against good teams.

His only strength on offense, having the ball in his hands, can only be effective against poor teams.
Pretty much this,.. Until he proves otherwise

Phenomanul
10-26-2016, 08:21 AM

Ummm no... the bench took a nosedive when Manu's nut exploded (during his rehab)...

SpursBig3s
10-26-2016, 08:29 AM
I liked that Pop FINALLY decided to put Kyle on Livingston.......after 2 seasons.:rolleyes

Agreed! Wtf was he doing on Durant :lol

SAGirl
10-26-2016, 08:29 AM
Ummm no... the bench took a nosedive when Manu's nut exploded (during his rehab)...Frankly they got worse when Pop got K.Martin in the team and insisted he play.

HarlemHeat37
10-26-2016, 09:15 AM
Just watched it..didn't think he was bad, but it was a typical Anderson, unaggressive RS game..

I hope we get to see him play PF off the bench over Lee, at some point..

Kawhitstorm
10-26-2016, 11:52 AM
Just watched it..didn't think he was bad, but it was a typical Anderson, unaggressive RS game..

I hope we get to see him play PF off the bench over Lee, at some point..

Kyle is Diaw 1.0 status, Lee is Blair 2.0

GSH
10-26-2016, 12:05 PM
This 100x, that bench was cancerous when his role increased. Just look at the playoffs where he averaged 2.3ppg, 2.4rpg, 0.7apg on 32% shooting

He only played 12.9 MPG in the playoffs, so per-game stats aren't really fair. His per-36 stats were essential triple that - 6.4 points, 6.7 boards, 1.7 steals, 2 AST. Not star caliber, but guys coming off the bench for 12 minutes aren't expected to be stars. The thing is, if Pop has someone better, he'll play them. He will experiment along the way, but by the ASB we'll know.

The Spurs' coaches have seen everyone on the roster, and there's a reason they just extended Kyle. Just like there was a reason they kept Simmons on the roster, when everyone was so sure he was gone. I don't like the way Pop has tried to use Anderson. But I'm pretty sure that if Pop were to quit, they wouldn't hire me to replace him. It will be interesting to see if Kyle steps up to deserve their confidence in him.

jeebus
10-26-2016, 12:34 PM
Lee is Blair 2.0
minus the sticky fingers and addiction to the fatboy pills at whataburger.

Spur-Addict
10-26-2016, 12:52 PM
His best asset is his court vision/ball distribution. But he doesn't do this at a high enough level to warrant heavy starter-esque minutes. I think it will be imperative for him to develop an above average (not exceptional) post game, in addition to him continuing to fine-tune his perimeter jumper which has improved. As he will never be an above average perimeter player despite his ball handling skillset. Not to mention his perimeter defensive deficiencies. This is very similar to older large point guards who posted up a lot, except he cannot play the PG position in this era. He's locked into the 3/4 spot the vast majority of the time. He fits into this team in terms of basketball I.Q, and culture. But obviously there is still work that needs to be done. And he will never be able to fix his perimeter defensive deficiencies. Granted this is just one game as his ability has improved steadily to some extent. This is more of a long term prognostication in terms of player development.

SpurSwag
10-26-2016, 12:57 PM
The role we put him on just didn't make sense for the kind of player he is. He will be at his best coming off the bench and being one of the main playmakers there, but relegating him to stand in the corners and shoot just won't work. Also his advantages (height and lankiness) don't work as well against someone like Durant. People need to tame their expectations of him, he will probably never be a great NBA starter but there's real potential for him off the bench or as a small ball 4.

SpurSwag
10-26-2016, 12:58 PM
He's also a bit too passive for my liking, even more so than Boris which is saying something.

illusioNtEk
10-26-2016, 12:58 PM
Anderson doesn't have the same amount of hunger in his game. Simmons would be a good backup for Danny and maybe even finish games along side KL and LMA.

TheDoctor
10-26-2016, 01:04 PM
Same old dribble dribble nothing

Simmons played the game of his life though, suss that shit

Simms was doing some prime MJ shit last night tbh. Just unbelievable.

BackHome
10-26-2016, 01:26 PM
People acting like he is a high first round pick.lol The dude is OK for the 14th or 15th slot but I never see him as a starter but as a decent role player he can be.

MI21
10-27-2016, 05:36 AM
I think there is hope for him, but it's more a mindset thing. He is way, way to casual. There was one play where he was dribbling the ball like he was in an empty gym, a GS player swiped at it and all Kyle did was complain to the ref. He is just way, way to casual. He also looks scared to fail hence why he won't shoot. I've seen playmaking skills from him, but it's never really when the game matters and I just think the guy looks shit scared to make a mistake. This makes me dislike him being on the court despite "point forwards" being my favourite type of player.

He defended a Livingston post up perfectly, that's probably the best thing he did all game.

BillMc
10-27-2016, 05:49 AM
I don't think we'll ever know how good or bad Kyle is until Manu retires.

TrainOfThought5
10-27-2016, 05:57 AM

Basically.

ceperez
10-27-2016, 06:43 AM

Right now he's a reliable player and a player with enough size to mount some decent defense. Like a premium quality role player. That may just be all the Spurs need!

So I suggest everyone cut his some slack!

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-27-2016, 09:35 AM

We already know. He is too slow for the NBA to play the two or three. He is too passive to play the four.

There's no mystery here. Best thing he can do for this team is chew some regular season minutes up. Problem is he appears to be Pop's new a Bonner, so he will continue to get inexplicable run in bad matchups and get torched. Only hope is his plus minus reflects that accurately, it's the only thing that Pop would figure out.

spursistan
10-27-2016, 09:47 AM
I don't think we'll ever know how good or bad Kyle is until Manu retires. ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) :lol

or Pop,tbh.

Blake
10-27-2016, 10:42 AM
There are teams out there that he matches up well against. The Warriors are not that team.

Until he can figure out how to match up against every team, he shouldn't start, imo

TheyCallMePro
10-27-2016, 01:12 PM
I just can't believe how slow Kyle is. The reason he's not an offensive threat is because he knows he can never get a shot off. It would get blocked every time. He's absolutely useless offensively and defensively he's just as much of a liability. He doesn't belong anywhere near the perimeter.

He has a ton of 'skill' however -- in that he's nearly as crafty as Diaw and has great size and length. But his slowness completely negates those things. And somehow Pop doesn't seem to get that. But he's clearly one of Pop's 'favorites'. I mean I questioned why Bonner was on the team for like 8 years. I think certain guys 'potential' just makes coaches keep hanging on to them. Kyle is one of those guys.

RD2191
10-27-2016, 01:24 PM
If kyle was worth shit he'd of showed it by now. He's not an nba caliber player. He just needs to head overseas.

HarlemHeat37
10-27-2016, 01:55 PM
He had some success vs. Sacramento last year IIRC..should have a bounce-back game tonight..

SAGirl
10-27-2016, 04:04 PM
:tu Good point.
I am sure Pop knows what he is better than anybody and what he can do bc they have seen him in practices, in other contexts and they have picked up their option as they were making decisions on all the training camp cuts.

The Spurs have shown recently by waiving Daye and Ray Mac midseason, unfortunately cutting Butler, not signing Bonner this season, waiving LJC a raw first round pick with 2 seasons guaranteed, a very unusual move, waiving Jimmer on a guaranteed deal, etc. that this current Spurs are not in the habit of picking up options or contracts on guys with no potential or reason to be on the team. Kyle competed this offseason for his option to be picked up, it was a "contract year" in that sense as well. He was as much competing not for a spot but for his future, as others in the team and they wouldn't have picked up his contract option if he wasn't pulling his weight and showing development.

He's playing a role here that is not best suited to his talents and what he does best, but he can do what they are asking of him better than he did in that game. For now, that is all I want to see. In terms of his future, that is Pop and it's not for him while he is starting games with the team's stars to show off. But he can play better than he did.

SAGirl
10-27-2016, 04:32 PM
He had some success vs. Sacramento last year IIRC..should have a bounce-back game tonight..
Playing with the starters while they look to get their main guys going I am not sure what he can do, but honestly Pop needs to call a play to get him an open shot early in the game, it doesn't help anybody if he doesn't catch a rhythm. Here he is, as if ppl doubted he's a basketball player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDqWozroKN0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DKXtH-vX58

sasaint
10-27-2016, 04:47 PM
:tu Good point.
I am sure Pop knows what he is better than anybody and what he can do bc they have seen him in practices, in other contexts and they have picked up their option as they were making decisions on all the training camp cuts.

The Spurs have shown recently by waiving Daye and Ray Mac midseason, unfortunately cutting Butler, not signing Bonner this season, waiving LJC a raw first round pick with 2 seasons guaranteed, a very unusual move, waiving Jimmer on a guaranteed deal, etc. that this current Spurs are not in the habit of picking up options or contracts on guys with no potential or reason to be on the team. Kyle competed this offseason for his option to be picked up, it was a "contract year" in that sense as well. He was as much competing not for a spot but for his future, as others in the team and they wouldn't have picked up his contract option if he wasn't pulling his weight and showing development.

He's playing a role here that is not best suited to his talents and what he does best, but he can do what they are asking of him better than he did in that game. For now, that is all I want to see. In terms of his future, that is Pop and it's not for him while he is starting games with the team's stars to show off. But he can play better than he did.

As much as I have been in Kyle's corner, I am becoming more and more puzzled by Kyle and his situation. With a very young prospect, it seems like PATFO would absolutely play him in a role that is best suited to his talents. Yet Pop seems to do almost the opposite, playing him all over the place. That doesn't seem like the best way to develop a prospect - especially a very young one. I don't think Boris Diaw was always a Swiss Army knife, but he became one as a wily veteran. If Pop is expecting Kyle to be something similar, it seems like he is throwing a lot at Kyle all at once, when a "layering" approach might be more optimal. I don't have any idea what the ultimate role is that Pop has in mind for Kyle. That is real fodder for his detractors and a head-scratcher for his supporters. But the important question is: How confusing is it for Kyle, himself? If anything will undermine a player's aggression it is confusion. If he had a definite, well-defined role, Kyle might just be more aggressive. He must show Pop something in practice on a more consistent basis than the flashes his fans glimpse. But what is it? What role is he in? Maybe Kyle will just become a fully actualized player "overnight" once Manu retires. It is real hard to have any idea what to expect, though, as he enters his 3rd season. That fact alone makes the guy unique - or an enigma.

james evans
10-27-2016, 04:53 PM
Kyle Anderson is productive if you put him on the court with the right lineup. Last season when Pop would have him with Diaw and West, he was horrible. This season he's horrible with Parker and Gasol. He has to be with the right lineups to cover for his lack to speed

TimDunkem
10-27-2016, 05:20 PM
The guy needs the ball in his hands to be successful and he just simply isn't good enough to be that kind of player on this team. Guy should just sit in the corner and occasionally create if all other options fail and he has a smaller player on him. Otherwise, he's garbage.

GSH
10-27-2016, 06:40 PM

I agree with you on most stuff, Bill. But we got to see Kyle in the last game, totally separate from Manu, and it wasn't good. If you're saying that Kyle would be better coming off the bench? Yeah, I'll buy that. If you're saying that Kyle, coming off the bench, STILL gets overshadowed by a 70 year-old Manu? Yeah, I'll buy that too.

I want to believe in Kyle - I really do. I want to see him live up to his potential. I want him to play well, because that would help the Spurs. I would even like to hear SAGirl get a chance to say, "I told you so". But I don't see any evidence that he can be a starter on an NBA team. And if his success as a bench player is seriously being limited by a geriatric Manu? What the hell are we defending here? He's a marginal bench player, not a starter waiting to get his big opportunity. Not even a "6th Man contender". That's not going to change when Manu retires.

skulls138
10-27-2016, 07:03 PM
Who cares, they won by 29 points against the greatest team of all time. KAs always been one not to step on toes, waiting til they need him and so many times he delivers the bucket. No doubt KA needs volume but not the GSW game.

GSH
10-27-2016, 07:51 PM
Who cares, they won by 29 points against the greatest team of all time.

Most of us care because there are 81 more games, 28 more teams, and the Spurs have invested a lot in Kyle.

Kikoluna
10-27-2016, 07:53 PM
The guy is worthless and a true shame that he wears a spurs jersey. Why and how on earth is he on the team????? Every game he plays, he's terrribleeeeee. It's so annoying watching him just kinda walk on the court

skulls138
10-27-2016, 08:58 PM
Most of us care because there are 81 more games, 28 more teams, and the Spurs have invested a lot in Kyle.I understand that but maybe he sees the score and sees that he doesnt need to add anything to it. Why force yourself on a game that looks in hand? KAs a big picture guy.

ElNono
10-27-2016, 09:58 PM
ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) :lol

or Pop,tbh.

It's a myth, tbh... Manu ain't fixing Kyle's lack of aggression.