PDA

View Full Version : Let me get this straight..

ECOV
10-26-2016, 12:44 AM
If The warriors would have killed or beat this spurs team, everybody would have been on golden states nuts. nobody outside of Spurs fans saying "its just one game", am i right?

Ruler
10-26-2016, 01:00 AM
Yup. I was telling my girlfriend how the announcers were discrediting the spurs. Annoying

Mnky
10-26-2016, 01:18 AM
No doubt. The hype train would be going off the rails.

SA beating GS in Oracle is a big win period, and could have implications for seeding at the end of the year. First game or not, was a great win for the spurs.

thekingrobert
10-26-2016, 01:22 AM
"If" I had a billion dollars i'd be a billionaire...

Obstructed_View
10-26-2016, 01:23 AM
Spurs second tier, tbh...

Chinook
10-26-2016, 01:24 AM
Spurs second tier, tbh...

Third tier with Toronto and Boston, according to Lowe. Don't have the upside of LAC.

99 Problems
10-26-2016, 01:44 AM
Yer surprised we haven't heard somebody was playing injured or still recovering from some injury or not back to where they were before some injury or broke a fingernail yesterday or somethin.

ECOV
10-26-2016, 01:50 AM
"If" I had a billion dollars i'd be a billionaire...
cool

Obstructed_View
10-26-2016, 01:52 AM
If The warriors would have killed or beat this spurs team, everybody would have been on golden states nuts. nobody outside of Spurs fans saying "its just one game", am i right?

So you've been rooting for the Spurs how long that you are surprised by this?

GSH
10-26-2016, 02:01 AM
This place is as wired up as if the Spurs had won the WCF, and were headed to another Finals.l I don't really give a rat fuck what Reggie Miller says. And Kenny is going to be eating that "5 losses" prediction for at least half a season. I got everything I could have wanted out of tonight, so I'm not going looking for anything to bitch about.

thekingrobert
10-26-2016, 03:14 AM
cool

Truthfully I was just hoping we didn't get blown out

BillMc
10-26-2016, 04:47 AM
The media (Mike Wilbon for example) seems to be giving Warriors a pass because of all the turnover to their roster, as if the Spurs didn't have as much turn over. Because of Danny's injury we had two new starters. But the narrative of "give 'em time" only seems to go one way.

Spurtacular
10-26-2016, 04:55 AM
Didn't see the game yet; but if this is not a fluke, then it seems they are first tier to me.

ceperez
10-26-2016, 05:27 AM
This place is as wired up as if the Spurs had won the WCF, and were headed to another Finals.l I don't really give a rat fuck what Reggie Miller says. And Kenny is going to be eating that "5 losses" prediction for at least half a season. I got everything I could have wanted out of tonight, so I'm not going looking for anything to bitch about.

Start of the season, I didn't think Spurs could compete on paper against GSW. Watching this game, I'm convinced Spurs can make the finals and beat the Cavs.

The problem with GSW is they lost a defensive. Spurs are just too big for them. The other problem is they did not gain as much offensively, there's just one ball and the odd man out seems to be Klay Thompson.

ceperez
10-26-2016, 05:29 AM
The media (Mike Wilbon for example) seems to be giving Warriors a pass because of all the turnover to their roster, as if the Spurs didn't have as much turn over. Because of Danny's injury we had two new starters. But the narrative of "give 'em time" only seems to go one way.

The give them time argument is valid. Of course it doesn't consider Spurs getting much better over time too!

The truth though that is very clear, GSW can't defend the rim. The only guy who is a rim-protector, McGee was dunked on by Simmons. What a statement!

Splits
10-26-2016, 05:34 AM
Just search google news for articles, if the Spurs are even mentioned in the headline 90% of the "analysis" is Dubs

the way we like it, tbh

BillMc
10-26-2016, 05:35 AM
The truth though that is very clear, GSW can't defend the rim. The only guy who is a rim-protector, McGee was dunked on by Simmons. What a statement!
100% agree.

SAGirl
10-26-2016, 06:03 AM
Third tier with Toronto and Boston, according to Lowe. Don't have the upside of LAC. 19th in watchability ratings.. lol
Lowe:lol

SAGirl
10-26-2016, 06:09 AM
Wow...:wow

We were lamenting not just our own roster TO, but the fact that most of the roster TO came from very young guys, and beyond those, team is relying in a youngster and Simmons, who is 27 and has been very up down and I legit was wondering if he could turn a corner. Danny is injured.

Awww well, if anything we have reason to be upbeat: Simmons showed up with highlights tonight but he's hardly the only bench guy capable of scoring. I am very excited about the young guys, all of them.

And Ppl still continue with the Kawhi = system player, not a real MVP candidate, etc. What can I say? LMA criminally underrated even by the Spurs fan too.

Pau was disappointing. The issues on defense showed. Anyways, the Spurs have upside.

BillMc
10-26-2016, 06:14 AM

We were lamenting not just our own roster TO, but the fact that most of the roster TO came from very young guys, and beyond those, team is relying in a youngster and Simmons, who is 27 and has been very up down and I legit was wondering if he could turn a corner. Danny is injured.

Awww well, if anything we have reason to be upbeat: Simmons showed up with highlights tonight but he's hardly the only bench guy capable of scoring. I am very excited about the young guys, all of them.

And Ppl still continue with the Kawhi = system player, not a real MVP candidate, etc. What can I say? LMA criminally underrated even by the Spurs fan.

Pau was disappointing. The issues on defense showed. Anyways, the Spurs have upside.

Agree on all counts. Pau may just have been in the Duncan role where Golden State is a horrible matchup for him. We'll have to see how he goes through the next few games....

TheGreatYacht
10-26-2016, 06:23 AM
Mike & Mike trying to act like this game didn't happen. Nothing but beisbol (fatball) coverage

Seventyniner
10-26-2016, 07:35 AM
I don't think there's anything "straight" about ending a thread title with two periods.

NameLess Scrub
10-26-2016, 07:49 AM
I think it's valid to say it's just one game. I agree with that "in a vacuum". In part it is understandable because of how they look on paper.

What bothers me is when they make it all about the Warriors, like they do when it's Lebron.
Also although we don't know for sure, it is very likely the OP is right in that they would have gone with some "this is what we will see all year" narrative. Then again, it has been like this for years.

That said, still amazing and still enjoyed it too much. Awesome performance at a very timely moment.. I hope it becomes a trend for the Spurs to be this good.
Kawhi was a beast, and was very confident.
Pau could get a bit better, but also we all knew GSW wasn't the best matchup for him.

Gervin44Silas13
10-26-2016, 07:50 AM
Golden State wont win 60 this year they are gonna struggle they will crumble under the pressure with their "superteam" and high expectations....fuck em... too many teams are gonna gun for them!!!

and thats not if injuries are involved....

Old School 44
10-26-2016, 08:02 AM

And Ppl still continue with the Kawhi = system player, not a real MVP candidate, etc. What can I say? LMA criminally underrated even by the Spurs fan too.

Yeah...the "system" stuff is annoying. Kawhi is a bad man. We've also been blessed with some skilled players over the years. While the "system" helps, it's not everything. The way Shaq overly complimented "the system" in the post game, really discredits the Spurs individual talent.

Mikeanaro
10-26-2016, 08:21 AM
Exactly, thats what cASSual fans do.

SupremeGuy
10-26-2016, 09:12 AM
If the Warriors had won like that it would be the opening story on all sport shows today and would be the main story on all sport websites, tbh. But; since we won it will be moved to 3rd or 4th story on shows and be buried on the websites. It's not the main story on any site this morning. Really fucking lame.

TheGreatYacht
10-26-2016, 09:15 AM
You guys ain't gonna wanna hear what Screamin A just said on First Take.... :lol

He said the Warriors were just not making shots, the Spurs had aberrations all over the place, and that Kawhi can't score or hit free throws like he did yesterday :lmao

He then said they had to adjust to chemistry, which Max quickly responded that the Spurs did as well with replacing Duncan and Screamin A had this unimpressed smug look as he said that

Dex
10-26-2016, 09:21 AM
ESPN's article is 90% Warrior's quotes and about how well Durant played...with occasional snippets about how the Spurs completely dismantled them.

Just livin' det under the radar life. I'm fine with it.

sasaint
10-26-2016, 09:23 AM
Just search google news for articles, if the Spurs are even mentioned in the headline 90% of the "analysis" is Dubs

the way we like it, tbh

Spurs fans can count on some things to remain constant. :toast

sasaint
10-26-2016, 09:25 AM
Golden State wont win 60 this year they are gonna struggle they will crumble under the pressure with their "superteam" and high expectations....fuck em... too many teams are gonna gun for them!!!

and thats not if injuries are involved....

...or locker room explosions.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
10-26-2016, 09:27 AM
I don't look to analyst who watch maybe 10% of Spurs games that I do.

Spurs were wrecking the league last year without Duncan or Parker for stretches. The only main loss from last year was Boban as his bench play sustained late leads which this team in the past use to give up.

But its looking like Simmons has upped his game and Bertans is the deal as I have already expressed. Plus Dedmon is a better rebounder and defender than Boban. So all in all, the only major loss the Spurs had from last year was Duncan. And honestly speaking Duncan was pretty bad the 2nd half of the season due to his knee injury. When Gasol finds his groove in this system, the Spurs will be that much better.

Even Lee impressed me last night. He has been improving defensively every game since the preseason much like LMA did last year. Lee is an upgrade over West. Dedmon is an upgrade over Boban (defensively). Bertans is an upgrade over Bonner. Spurs are better this year IMO. I loved Kawhi's postgame interview. Like he said, he wants to take that leadership role Duncan had. Duncan was a natural leader (a rarity), but leadership can be taught and instilled. And its great to see Kawhi wanting and willing to accept that role.

sasaint
10-26-2016, 09:27 AM
If the Warriors had won like that it would be the opening story on all sport shows today and would be the main story on all sport websites, tbh. But; since we won it will be moved to 3rd or 4th story on shows and be buried on the websites. It's not the main story on any site this morning. Really fucking lame.

Just typical media coverage of the Spurs, tbh... And excuses for the "darling" of the moment.

sasaint
10-26-2016, 09:37 AM
I don't look to analyst who watch maybe 10% of Spurs games that I do.

Spurs were wrecking the league last year without Duncan or Parker for stretches. They only main loss from last year was Boban as his bench play sustained late leads which this team in the past use to give up.

But its looking like Simmons has upped his game and Bertans is the deal as I have already expressed. Plus Dedmon is a better rebounder and defender than Boban. So all in all, the only major loss the Spurs had from last year was Duncan. And honestly speaking Duncan was pretty bad the 2nd half of the season due to his knee injury. When Gasol finds his groove in this system, the Spurs will be that much better.

Even Lee impressed me last night. He has been improving defensively every game since the preseason much like LMA did last year. Lee is an upgrade over West. Dedmon is an upgrade over Boban (defensively). Bertans is an upgrade over Bonner. Spurs are better this year IMO. I loved Kawhi's postgame interview. Like he said, he wants to take that leadership role Duncan had. Duncan was a natural leader (a rarity), but leadership can be taught and instilled. And its great to see Kawhi wanting and willing to accept that role.

Kawhi's post game interview was excellent in terms of content. He will probably never become very relaxed or comfortable in those interviews, but that's okay. What I will miss about Tim's leadership style (and what I would love to see Kawhi pick up) is being the last guy off the floor at game's end - waiting to tousle each teammate's hair or slap his butt before heading to the locker room himself. That is such a patriarchal image of Tim that will always make me tear up (now that it is forever gone).

cjw
10-26-2016, 10:02 AM
Kawhi getting to the line 14 times on his own (plus another on the Draymond yapping technical) in just 32 minutes is a great sign. Shows he's taking control, starting to get foul calls like a star, and knocking down all of his FTs. On the road no less.

Only 26 instances last year of a player on the road getting to the line that many times excluding the 3D's (Dwight, DeAndre and Drummond - hacked). And the list of guys who did it multiple times includes the usual suspects.

- Harden (7)
- Cousins (6)
- Westbrook (2)
- Durant (2)
- Unibrow (2)
- Butler (1)
- George (1)
- DeRozan (1)
- Marc Gasol (1)
- Kemba (1)
- Isaiah Thomas (1)
- Shabazz Muhammad (1 - against GS)