PDA

View Full Version : The most refreshing part of last night's game IMO..

HarlemHeat37
10-26-2016, 09:01 AM
From an aesthetics and frustration perspective, as a fan:

A Warriors game where you don't have to watch Bogut's illegal screens freeing up their entire offense:lol

GSH
10-26-2016, 11:08 AM
We're fans of an opposing team, so I know we're biased. But I think the Warriors may have underestimated just how dependent their offense was on Bogut's moving screens creating space. Varejao looked like he wants to take up some of the slack.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-26-2016, 11:11 AM
Bogut is one of the best PnR offense and defensive centers in the league... don't be surprised if Deron Williams has a "comeback" year this season and the Mavs win 50 and solidly make the playoffs.

james evans
10-26-2016, 11:12 AM
We're fans of an opposing team, so I know we're biased. But I think the Warriors may have underestimated just how dependent their offense was on Bogut's moving screens creating space. Varejao looked like he wants to take up some of the slack.
I fucking hate Ragedy Ann. He tried to draw a flagrant foul last night with his bullshit flopping

james evans
10-26-2016, 11:13 AM
Bogut is one of the best PnR offense and defensive centers in the league... don't be surprised if Deron Williams has a "comeback" year this season and the Mavs win 50 and solidly make the playoffs.
The leauge doesn't like Dallas or Mark Cuban. They're not going to let Bogus set 10 illegal screens per game there

sasaint
10-26-2016, 11:14 AM

After reading all the ST comments about how (undeniably) important Bogut was to the Dubs' offense, I had the same thought about his impact on the Mavs. Be interesting to see - especially with a coach like Carlisle.

RodNIc91
10-26-2016, 12:01 PM

A Warriors game where you don't have to watch Bogut's illegal screens freeing up their entire offense:lol

True but did you see Pachulia's antics? There were lots of pushing and shoving, no wonder he's got the reputation of a dirty player

gambit1990
10-26-2016, 12:02 PM
the most refreshing part was how we played when parker and anderson were on the bench.

DarrinS
10-26-2016, 12:12 PM
Most refreshing part was Simmons, tbh. Loved that block on Steph.

Spurs9
10-26-2016, 12:13 PM
Best part was not hearing the "warriors" chant

phxspurfan
10-26-2016, 12:14 PM

Yes, too bad Varejao falls down on every contact. Bogut was the exact opposite, and ideal big to do the dirty work

when healthy

MaNu4Tres
10-26-2016, 12:21 PM

Not only Boguts' picks. But Ezelis' too.

Both of the guys, when healthy, were great rollers. Having those two players fill in the C position, setting great picks, effectively rolling to the basket for 48 minutes a game freed up a lot of movement and shots on the weakside.

Now they have Zaza and West popping out for a mid-range jumpers, weakside D can stay at home.

And that's just on the offensive end.

On defense healthy Bogut/ Ezeli were huge for their PnR D and interior D. Zaza and West are atrocious in both.

spursistan
10-26-2016, 12:28 PM
I have said in the other thread; he was their dirty work extraordinaire who unlocked crucial spaces for their offense: moving screens and hold screens, leading to easy pull-up 3s or backdoor cuts to scrubs like Barbosa, not mention his licence to grab and shove other bigs under the basket..

Glad he is gone from there, tbh..

Spur-Addict
10-26-2016, 12:38 PM
For me it was seeing the athleticism added to the Spurs roster. It was intriguing at one point when Pop used the lineup of Parker/Simmons/Leonard/Aldridge/Dedmon. Defensively, having those four players in terms of overall mobility and rim protection was pretty nice IMO. Especially if Simmons can stretch the floor offensively, that can become a good lockdown unit outside of Parker of course. Probably better off with the corpse of Manu at point for defensive purposes in that particular lineup, but you get the idea.

Also, Leonard taking hold of the team, that was nice. His ability to draw fouls and get to the line is something that cannot be undervalued.

TheDoctor
10-26-2016, 12:44 PM
Not only Boguts' picks. But Ezelis' too....

They also lost Mo Speights which was important to their bench too.

Kawhitstorm
10-26-2016, 12:48 PM

The Mavs issue is that they are going to get on PnRs w/ the Bogut/Dirk forntline & they have to depend on Barnes every night.:lol

Solid D
10-26-2016, 12:53 PM
Haha, Bogut has been a pain in the Spurs' side for years and years. If he's healthy when the Mavs play the Spurs, he probably will be again. As I've said numerous times this offseason, the Warriors are really going to miss his rim protection and overall team contribution.

HarlemHeat37
10-26-2016, 01:01 PM
The Mavs issue is that they are going to get on PnRs w/ the Bogut/Dirk forntline & they have to depend on Barnes every night.:lol

Yep..Dirk is probably the worst defensive big man in the NBA, right now, he makes Kevin Love look like Rodman:lol

UNT Eagles 2016
10-26-2016, 01:02 PM

Barnes is better than the overrated honkey he replaced, tbh. Bogut/Dirk/Barnes/Matthews/Williams is easily a top 10 starting five.

ElNono
10-26-2016, 01:11 PM

That's a huge loss for them, but looking at the NBA landscape as a whole, not insurmountable, IMO...

HarlemHeat37
10-26-2016, 01:15 PM
That's a huge loss for them, but looking at the NBA landscape as a whole, not insurmountable, IMO...

Oh, of course not..they're still the favorites, despite last night's result..

However, it's nice that you don't have to worry about 1000 uncalled, illegal screens every game..

SASdynasty!
10-26-2016, 01:23 PM
the most refreshing part was how we played when parker and anderson were on the bench.
Most refreshing part was Parker holding Curry to 3/10 from downtown. Not as impressive as when he held him to 1/12, but still solid defense.

DarrinS
10-26-2016, 01:59 PM
Most refreshing part was Parker holding Curry to 3/10 from downtown. Not as impressive as when he held him to 1/12, but still solid defense.

:lol

spursistan
10-26-2016, 02:06 PM
Oh, of course not..they're still the favorites, despite last night's result..

However, it's nice that you don't have to worry about 1000 uncalled, illegal screens every game..

They better hope Curry/Dominoes are at full 100% in the playoffs; if one of them is hobbled, The Warriors are probably only the 4th best team with chance of getting upset against the likes of Portland. For starters, Durant isn't as good as Lebron at filling gaps from depth-loss nor does he have similar impact on scrubs..

Chinook
10-26-2016, 02:08 PM

Parker
was on Klay for good chunks of the game. Give him credit for that not being noticeable. Dude competed and hit his shots without disrupting his teammates. That's worthy of real praise, not false attributions.

T Park
10-26-2016, 02:45 PM
David sweat tried his hand and made a few illegal screens. Obviously didn't make much of a difference

Nathan89
10-26-2016, 03:02 PM
Bogut also does a lot of holding and pushing in the paint that goes uncalled. It's nice not to have to watch that. Zaza tried that shit and was instantly called for it.

Arcadian
10-26-2016, 03:08 PM
they're still the favorites, despite last night's result..

Notice the asymmetry in judgment: When the Spurs suffer one bad loss, it's "season over." When they hand another team a bad loss, it's "meaningless."

Fuck that shit. The Spurs are the better team right now, and GSW has a lot of catching up to do.

r0drig0lac
10-26-2016, 03:10 PM

tbh

Spurtacular
10-26-2016, 03:11 PM

You just can't stand to see a white guy beasting...... (just channeling the inverse troll of you).

Yea, the Warriors are losing too much from not resigning Bogut. They're still laughing to the bank with the Durant signing though. They'll eventually figure something out.

BackHome
10-26-2016, 03:13 PM
I agree I think GS not having any bigs is going to wear on them and I can see more players getting injured.

Obstructed_View
10-26-2016, 03:55 PM

Prediction: They're going to try to sign Kendrick Perkins or Carlos Boozer before the all-star break. :lol

spursistan
10-26-2016, 04:43 PM
Only 22-10 record without Bogut since start of 2014-2015 season..

OrEmuN
10-26-2016, 09:35 PM
It is just an adjustment period for the Warriorref.
After all, they had been whisting for fouls on Zaza for more than 10yrs

Once they got used to Zaza in GSW jersey, Zaza can pull off those illegal movin screens without any foul trouble.

alpha_HaZE
10-26-2016, 10:08 PM
The most refreshing part about last night was having D. West as an opponent! He turned the ball over a couple of times and then he gets an offensive foul after a warriors miss! Pheeeew so glad he is on the other side of the court now
!