PDA

View Full Version : And the best part: We don't have to go to Oracle again

UNT Eagles 2016
10-26-2016, 10:16 AM
3 game season series, we took out their only home game against us all year, :lmao

So we're pretty much guaranteed the season series win and the tiebreaker against them given the remaining 2 are at AT&T. Definitely could be critical and a huge leg up for us over them for the whole season going forward...

This game proved a few things:

A) Kawhi is elite
B) LMA isn't going to be traded
C) The Warriors will struggle for awhile like the 2010-11 Heatles
D) Gasol isn't a downgrade on the court vs. Duncan of the last few years
E) The offense is better than last year without Duncan (sad, but true)
F) David Worst still sucks and Draymond is still a punkhead

And a couple questions:

A) Is the defense worse, or are we giving up more points just because of our increased tempo on offense? I thought they played very fast and opportunistic forcing TOs
B) Will Dedmon get better and learn how to catch the ball and actually dunk properly?
C) Is Simmons a legit player at small forward in this league?
D) Kawhi 3-peat DPOY? 5 steals is pretty damn impressive
E) Can we capitalize and win the championship when the Warriors are still getting it together?

apalisoc_9
10-26-2016, 10:18 AM
I thought they played 4 times this year..

Proxy
10-26-2016, 10:19 AM
1 game, and the first game of the season. Calm down idiot

jhfenton
10-26-2016, 10:19 AM
I thought they played 4 times this year..
Nope. UNT is right.

BillMc
10-26-2016, 10:21 AM
3 game season series, we took out their only home game against us all year, :lmao

So we're pretty much guaranteed the season series win and the tiebreaker against them given the remaining 2 are at AT&T. Definitely could be critical and a huge leg up for us over them for the whole season going forward...

A) Kawhi is elite

And a couple questions:

A) Is the defense worse, or are we giving up more points just because of our increased tempo on offense? I thought they played very fast and opportunistic forcing TOs
B) Will Dedmon get better and learn how to catch the ball and actually dunk properly?
E) Can we capitalize and win the championship when the Warriors are still getting it together?

Biggest question for me was how much can we use Gasol against the Dubs?

TheGreatYacht
10-26-2016, 10:22 AM
Spurs don't have to go to Oakland and Trump won't have to go to Washington.... cause he's losing :lmao

cjw
10-26-2016, 10:25 AM
Nice post UNT. Agree on all except Gasol not being a downgrade from Duncan. Definitely looked better out there offensively as he can spread the floor more. But defensively, he was atrocious but could chalk it up to a bad matchup. Should be good at grabbing rebounds, though concern of some was that he stat pads with uncontested rebounds. Timmy was rough offensively towards the end, but one of the top few bigs defensively.

If you could combine Pau and Dedmon into one player ... wow. Dedmon is such an upgrade defensively from the crap we trotted out last year. Contests, can move with wings, etc. If he develops, won't need Pau in lineups if defending a lead. Just can't be a total black hole offensively by having awful hands.

tbdog
10-26-2016, 10:25 AM

A) Yes he is
B) We all knew that
C) Maybe, I think defensively they will all season unless they make a deal. Heat always had good D, but Lebron and wade had to learn to move without the ball.
D) Way too early to tell.
E) For spacing, yeh. But far too early.
F) West was done half way though the season. Iggy looks done. It isn't too early to know that Draymond is a punkhead.
And a couple questions:

A) It is highly likely our D won't be as good as last season, as last season we were elite (during the regular season). That second unit did play very fast. Loved it.
B) I suppose on Magic fans from last season can answer that at this stage.
C) We hope so.
D) He is the front runner until proven otherwise. Warriors should struggle all season on D which would take Draymond out of the runner. Whiteside and Gobert are outside looking in.
E) Gasol would need to be much better. Simmons will need to be serviceable. Anderson would need to be much better. Remember we punked Thunder game 1.

ECOV
10-26-2016, 10:26 AM
:rolleyes
1 game, and the first game of the season. Calm down idiot

apalisoc_9
10-26-2016, 10:27 AM
Next tough game is the back to back against Miami...

Mr. Body
10-26-2016, 10:32 AM
And a couple questions:

A) Hard to tell. I mean, it's the Warriors. We'll be a few ticks worse but I think the defense will be excellent.
B) No.
C) As a bench player, yes.
D) Yes. Amazing that Kawhi is so dominant as a perimeter defender given how many advantages perimeter players have nowadays.
E) It's possible. We have some really old players and some really erratic players, but it depends on KL, LMA, and Pop.

james evans
10-26-2016, 10:38 AM
The warriors will never "get it together" as long as Zaza and West are their big men defending the paint. Let's just hope the Warriors don't trade for a truth shot blocking center. Then we'll be in trouble

xellos88330
10-26-2016, 10:44 AM
And a couple questions:

A: I don't think the defense was worse. I think that Gasol was a net negative defensively, but it wasn't as bad as it seemed to be. Gasol was relatively close to where he needed to be and was headed towards the correct spots after the Warriors were run off of the 3. I think this could just be due to learning the defensive scheme and moving instinctually. Overall, I just don't think that GSW is a good matchup for Gasol. He was bullying Zaza a bit though. I loved that.

B: I think he will be fine.

C: I am not sold on Simmons yet. I hope I am wrong and he makes me eat humble pie for the rest of the time he is with the Spurs.

D: I think he could 3 peat it. He is a rare 2 way superstar now.

E: I think the Spurs could win it even with the Warriors having it together. Barring a trade the Warriors are just too easy to predict and have a huge hole in the middle defensively. The thing that is overlooked with the warriors lack of interior presence is that there is no longer any offensive threat from the GSW bigs. Everything is completely reliant on the perimeter now. They no longer have the combination of size and outside shooting from the C/PF position either. Before the spacing made it easier to get into the paint for the Warriors bench unit and if the Warriors needed to rely on some size should they be getting pummeled on the interior.

Spurs 4 The Win
10-26-2016, 11:29 AM

A) Kawhi is elite

And a couple questions:

Go kill yourself faggot :lol

[How many points will the Spurs lose by tonight?] hopefully 20+

Vaseline, tbh... otherwise, Dublets go in raw

Fake fan :rolleyes

spursistan
10-26-2016, 12:09 PM
If the Warriors struggle, we need to be greedy and push for the top seed and let GS and LAC duke it out in Round 2.

Spurs9
10-26-2016, 12:12 PM
Thanks Stern

rastaspur
10-26-2016, 12:17 PM
If the Warriors struggle, we need to be greedy and push for the top seed and let GS and LAC duke it out in Round 2.

Pauleta14
10-26-2016, 12:37 PM

He will bring more offensively but I didn't realised how baad he is defensively!!!! Timmy was still elite in that area.

We won't be able have Pau and Tony play together for too long stretches...

Kawhitstorm
10-26-2016, 12:51 PM
Next tough game is the back to back against Miami...

That should be a better matchup for Pau, he will be getting wide open look w/ Haslem camping in the paint. On the other end, Dragic is most likely going to run the 1-5 PnR w/ Haslem but Pau can sag in the paint.

BillMc
10-26-2016, 12:53 PM
'This

George Gervin's Afro
10-26-2016, 12:54 PM
The Warriors could very well come into SA and win both games in the AT&T Center...

Kawhitstorm
10-26-2016, 12:55 PM
He will bring more offensively but I didn't realised how baad he is defensively!!!! Timmy was still elite in that area.

We won't be able have Pau and Tony play together for too long stretches...

Tim didn't play against the Duds last season b/c he had no chance against Curry.:wakeup (CP3/Curry have been toasting him since 2013)

Let's see how Pau does as far as protecting the rim before we judge how much of a downgrade he's on defense.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-26-2016, 01:04 PM
Tim in the 2010s was overrated defensively. Sure he's a great asset to have against the slower paced and bad teams of the league, but high octane smaller teams just kill him with the PnR and speed. Tim was one of the worst PnR starting bigs in the league the last couple years, unfortunately. That's just as much as a part of defense as blocks or boards.

Spurs 4 The Win
10-26-2016, 01:14 PM
Tim in the 2010s was overrated defensively. Sure he's a great asset to have against the slower paced and bad teams of the league, but high octane smaller teams just kill him with the PnR and speed. Tim was one of the worst PnR starting bigs in the league the last couple years, unfortunately. That's just as much as a part of defense as blocks or boards.

Bad take. Tim was a defensive MVP candidate. You're dumb

UNT Eagles 2016
10-26-2016, 01:21 PM
Bad take. Tim was a defensive MVP candidate. You're dumb

but I'm right. Tim was a bad matchup against the Warriors and similar ultra athletic uptempo teams

Spur|n|Austin
10-26-2016, 01:29 PM
So we're pretty much guaranteed the season series win and the tiebreaker against them

What the shit? Calm your tits.

Spurs 4 The Win
10-26-2016, 01:35 PM
but I'm right. Tim was a bad matchup against the Warriors and similar ultra athletic uptempo teams

Naw, he ate them up in 15. Only when he got hurt did he become a liability

UNT Eagles 2016
10-26-2016, 01:46 PM
What the shit? Calm your tits.

we only have 2 games left against them, both at our home. No way in hell we lose BOTH, they'll be lucky to split us

baseline bum
10-26-2016, 01:52 PM
I hope the Spurs have to go to Oracle again, I'd love to see this team make the WCF.

DAF86
10-26-2016, 02:28 PM
We should try a little harder for the 1st seed than in previous season, imho.

SpursforSix
10-26-2016, 02:32 PM
We should try a little harder for the 1st seed than in previous season, imho.

yeah...assuming they can still get some rest for Manu, Pau, and Parker. Hopefully have enough blowouts to do that.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-26-2016, 02:49 PM
I hope the Spurs have to go to Oracle again, I'd love to see this team make the WCF.

Next time we go to Oracle we're going to be already up 2-0 and not looking back.

Arcadian
10-26-2016, 02:59 PM
A) Is the defense worse, or are we giving up more points just because of our increased tempo on offense?

Holding the Warriors to 100 is actually very good, especially with Durant on the team. They have three elite scorers on one team. I think they missed some shots they normally would make, but still. The Spurs frontline destroys theirs. Pau > Zaza, Aldridge > Green, and Leonard neutralizes Durant (or even outplays him, like we saw yesterday). They will struggle to rebound against us.

Chillen
10-26-2016, 03:16 PM
Spurs don't have to go to Oakland and Trump won't have to go to Washington.... cause he's losing :lmao

Had to bring up politics in this thread, but if the American people are stupid enough to elect Hillary nothing anyone can do about it. She's gonna drag this country down bigtime with all the corruption. People are buying the koolaid she is selling right now and the Clinton's have ruined Trump's image with the "GTP" tape and all the paid off accusers. It's working perfectly for them now.

Spurtacular
10-26-2016, 03:31 PM
Best part for the Warriors, maybe. They don't want to be owned there twice in the same season by the same team, tbh.

Russ
10-26-2016, 10:19 PM
Only problem is, if you have to play GS in the playoffs in May, you haven't been there since October.

GS has had 41+games in their arena to get comfortable, and you had one. Six months ago.

You want to be comfortable with your setting, especially on the road.

Spurs 4 The Win
10-26-2016, 11:04 PM
Only problem is, if you have to play GS in the playoffs in May, you haven't been there since October.

GS has had 41+games in their arena to get comfortable, and you had one. Six months ago.

You want to be comfortable with your setting, especially on the road.

We are vets. That shit dont matter.