PDA

View Full Version : Who says Kawhi is a Alpha?

Solid D
10-26-2016, 10:52 AM
“He basically tells me what he wants to do now,” Popovich said of Leonard. “He’ll take the ball. He’ll send the screener away. He’ll decide if he wants to go one-on-one with no screen, no pick. He is much more demonstrative, looks for his shots more. He knows he has a green light. I think that’s the difference. He’s making 3s or he’s driving it. Now he’s finding people on the court. While people are giving him attention, he’s finding people like Patty Mills for wide-open shots. He’s a tough cover. He’s really just more confident, more aggressive, more hungry to score than in the past.” - Gregg Popovich

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-26-2016, 10:54 AM
He turned down my daughter.

SupremeGuy
10-26-2016, 10:55 AM
:claw

Mr. Body
10-26-2016, 11:09 AM
There were a few times when calling for an iso wasn't great, but he's still learning. That call for an iso after the and-1 and then the steal at half court was a backbreaker for the Warriors.

r0drig0lac
10-26-2016, 12:51 PM
He turned down my daughter.

sad

10-26-2016, 12:53 PM
And he got up for that last Simmons dunk instead of spaz and twiddle his braid

dabom
10-26-2016, 01:07 PM
Patty is just a better fit if kawhi is playmaking. Been like that for years. Porker stans. :lol

HarlemHeat37
10-26-2016, 01:11 PM
This was the only missing piece of his game IMO..

He's never going to be an elite dribble penetrator or passer, it just isn't natural for his build/style of play, but he has improved enough that it's a strength of his..my only criticism of his game in the playoffs has been his reluctance to take over, opting to be a bystander instead..

I'm not one of these idiot fans who uses silly sports cliches like "the star always has to take the last shot" like we hear from Al-Quobe(usually in reference to Lebron passing last shots to open teammates), but I don't think the star of the team can just stand aside while others are attempting to make the crucial plays in big games..

To be fair, he hasn't been put in an easy position, as he joined the best franchise of the past 20 years, a team that still had Duncan/Ginobili/Parker on the roster, which naturally caused a reluctance from Kawhi to step on anybody's toes IMO(especially since he wasn't a top-tier prospect, so he wasn't treated like a superstar, coming up)..now that the team is clearly his, hopefully he won't be shy to demand the ball in key playoff moments..

ElNono
10-26-2016, 01:14 PM

He's never going to be an elite dribble penetrator or passer, it just isn't natural for his build/style of play, but he has improved enough that it's a strength of his..my only criticism of his game in the playoffs has been his reluctance to take over, opting to be a bystander instead..

I'm not one of these idiot fans who uses silly sports cliches like "the star always has to take the last shot" like we hear from Al-Quobe(usually in reference to Lebron passing last shots to open teammates), but I don't think the star of the team can just stand aside while others are attempting to make the crucial plays in big games..

Taking about Al-Quobe, do you think his newly-found aggression might have to do with getting some tutoring from Mamba, tbh?

spursistan
10-26-2016, 01:40 PM
Has it ever happened a player goes from 3&d hopeful (wishing he would pan out as the next Bowen :lol) coming to the league to an MVP candidate who is on pace for a HOF career in just half decade? :lol

what a freakin' rise..

SAGirl
10-26-2016, 05:10 PM

To be fair, he hasn't been put in an easy position, as he joined the best franchise of the past 20 years, a team that still had Duncan/Ginobili/Parker on the roster, which naturally caused a reluctance from Kawhi to step on anybody's toes IMO(especially since he wasn't a top-tier prospect, so he wasn't treated like a superstar, coming up)..now that the team is clearly his, hopefully he won't be shy to demand the ball in key playoff moments..
Great point Harlem!

Spurtacular
10-26-2016, 05:31 PM
Maybe, Kawhi doesn't have Asperger's after all.

Clipper Nation
10-26-2016, 05:43 PM
Stupid faggots like TheGreatYacht and SASdynasty! will still pretend that Kawhi is a role player and Porker is the "head of the snake," though.

tholdren
10-26-2016, 08:14 PM
KL was ballin. Finally. Great game. Took control

tholdren
10-26-2016, 08:16 PM
kyle anderson is terrible!
But your sig, last pic IS AWESOME. 10k posts and finally got right.

tonight...you
10-26-2016, 08:24 PM
Maybe, Kawhi doesn't have Asperger's after all.

Honestly, who started that shit and why?

Keepin' it real
10-26-2016, 08:31 PM
Kawhi is a alpha.
Durant is an beta.

tonight...you
10-26-2016, 08:33 PM
Kawhi is a alpha.
Durant is an beta.

That's just the facts of life...

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/le-miiverse-resource/images/c/c9/The-facts-of-life-the-facts-of-life-33701609-245-245.gif/revision/latest?cb=20151102221935

Spurtacular
10-26-2016, 09:37 PM

Anyone who has seen interviews with him and is smart enough to note the similarities.

tonight...you
10-26-2016, 09:40 PM
Anyone who has seen interviews with him and is smart enough to note the similarities.

Ahh... Okay. So just nothing from nobodies, but their uneducated opinions. Rock on, bud. Seems to be par for the course around... all over.

Spurtacular
10-26-2016, 09:58 PM
Ahh... Okay. So just nothing from nobodies, but their uneducated opinions. Rock on, bud. Seems to be par for the course around... all over.

I mean it's sort of a joke; but the funny part of it is that it can't be completely ruled out. I could walk you through it. Perhaps, you're not familiar with Asperger's is all. TBH, Michael Jordan was a bit like that when he first came on the scene.

tonight...you
10-26-2016, 10:02 PM
I mean it's sort of a joke; but the funny part of it is that it can't be completely ruled out. I could walk you through it. Perhaps, you're not familiar with Asperger's is all. TBH, Michael Jordan was a bit like that when he first came on the scene.

I have education on Asperger's, thank you. I'm sure it was a great joke to some. Just like people calling you an outright racist and Mormon. Great joke to some. Including yourself.

Spurtacular
10-26-2016, 10:16 PM
I have education on Asperger's, thank you. I'm sure it was a great joke to some. Just like people calling you an outright racist and Mormon. Great joke to some. Including yourself.

If you did, then you'd get the joke. Frankly, it's not just a joke either. People legitimately subscribe to that theory. Could be why his mom lives with him, bro. Could be a lot of things; but I mean be butthurt about it if you need a good cry.

Obstructed_View
10-26-2016, 10:17 PM

Morons.

tonight...you
10-26-2016, 10:21 PM
If you did, then you'd get the joke. Frankly, it's not just a joke either. People legitimately subscribe to that theory. Could be why his mom lives with him, bro. Could be a lot of things; but I mean be butthurt about it if you need a good cry.
Uhh...okay buddy.

tonight...you
10-26-2016, 10:23 PM
Morons.

Yeah, or we can let Spurtacular say a bunch of stupid shit in support of said moronics instead... and let him tell us to cry about it.

I'll let you choose what makes more sense.

Spurtacular
10-26-2016, 10:27 PM
Uhh...okay buddy.

Is your worry that people are insulting Kawhi's intelligence? Because frankly, there are plenty of people with asperger's that are smarter than Kawhi.

tonight...you
10-26-2016, 10:30 PM
Is your worry that people are insulting Kawhi's intelligence? Because frankly, there are plenty of people with asperger's that are smarter than Kawhi.
Okay... Keep on going...

Spurtacular
10-26-2016, 10:32 PM
Okay... Keep on going...

Well, what's your worry, then? I guess if you want to pout, then have at.

tonight...you
10-26-2016, 10:34 PM
Well, what's your worry, then? I guess if you want to pout, then have at.

You can't tell pout on a message board. Nor can you tell nuance. You just make statements and run. Keep running...
Where are you going, I wonder?

GSH
10-26-2016, 10:38 PM

It's a well known fact that Jimmer Fredette suffers from Cotard's Delusion, any time he's around an actual NBA team.

Spurtacular
10-26-2016, 10:44 PM
You can't tell pout on a message board. Nor can you tell nuance. You just make statements and run. Keep running...
Where are you going, I wonder?

Ah, you're pouting alright.

tonight...you
10-26-2016, 10:48 PM
Ah, you're pouting alright.
Jesus...okay bud.

Spurtacular
10-26-2016, 10:55 PM
Jesus...okay bud.

https://lifeintensity.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/pouty-face.jpg

tonight...you
10-26-2016, 10:56 PM
https://lifeintensity.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/pouty-face.jpg
How funny you go here, from our original topic. Says quite a bit about you.

Spurtacular
10-27-2016, 12:31 AM
How funny you go here, from our original topic. Says quite a bit about you.

:lol You're still pouting.

Down Under
10-27-2016, 03:56 AM
His handles look noticeably better this year again, which should give him more confidence with penetration, getting all the way to the rim/drawing fouls instead of sometimes settling for mid range j's.

gospursgojas
10-27-2016, 04:12 AM
That play at end of game when he called away the pick (I think lapro) and reversed dribbled btw his legs at half court for no reason is def a mamba move. Intimidation...swag...alpha dog display whatever it is reminded me of Kobe. He then dribbled btw legs crossover for a pull up jumper which also reminded me of Kobe.

GSH
10-27-2016, 11:43 AM
Frankly, it's not just a joke either. People legitimately subscribe to that theory. Could be why his mom lives with him, bro.

It's a well known fact that Jimmer Fredette suffers from Cotard's Delusion, any time he's around an actual NBA team.

People with Cotard's Delusion believe that they are already dead, so they just lay down and act like it. Jimmer has all the symptoms. Fortunately, his is only triggered by being on an NBA roster. So he shouldn't have any more outbreaks.

"Gee, Beaver... this amateur psychologist stuff is fun."

sasaint
10-27-2016, 12:20 PM
People with Cotard's Delusion believe that they are already dead, so they just lay down and act like it. Jimmer has all the symptoms. Fortunately, his is only triggered by being on an NBA roster. So he shouldn't have any more outbreaks.

"Uh, yeah, Wally, but what is it?"

spursistan
10-27-2016, 03:32 PM
https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/800/0*kbfMx3GBcfNyg5Ei.

TheGreatYacht
10-27-2016, 03:43 PM
Kawhdelta, tbh

apalisoc_9
10-27-2016, 03:46 PM
https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/800/0*kbfMx3GBcfNyg5Ei.

Try again.

Spurtacular
10-27-2016, 09:01 PM

That's some authentic internet jibberish.

DarrinS
10-27-2016, 09:05 PM
Kawhdelta, tbh

You're gonna hate this season, tbh.

rastaspur
10-27-2016, 09:28 PM
Spurtacular needs to quit messing with my crew gsh and tonight you. I'm jacked up on herb and mountaindew and looking to get rowdy.

Gonna do the quarter blood technique or go swayze and rip his throat out.:lol

Solid D
10-27-2016, 09:34 PM
Kawhi is a alpha.
Durant is an beta.

Haha. Good one. 'Sorry, I posted with my mobile phone and apparently missed the "n."

LongtimeSpursFan
10-27-2016, 10:49 PM
From what I've seen so far today......Hell no!

DarrinS
10-28-2016, 12:07 AM

^lol

turkish spurs fan
10-28-2016, 12:08 AM
system player tbh

YGWHI
10-28-2016, 12:08 AM

This is gonna be a hard season for you...:lmao

Frankly, it's not just a joke either. People legitimately subscribe to that theory.
:lmao

And for you, too.

Spurtacular
10-28-2016, 12:17 AM
This is gonna be a hard season for you...:lmao

:lmao

And for you, too.

Butt post, tbh.

Solid D
10-28-2016, 12:18 AM
Alpha Leonard reminded me of Jordan vs the Kings. Intense, tenacious, & prime time scorer.

LongtimeSpursFan
10-28-2016, 12:36 AM
He's more of a Kevin Durant type alpha. TBH