PDA

View Full Version : Gq article, Leonard q&a

diego
10-26-2016, 01:32 PM
Didn't see this posted

http://www.gq.com/story/nba-stars-draw-themselves-and-answer-silly-questions

Short but interesting. :lol at the drawings. Also has Dangelo Russell again recognize manu as an influence

HarlemHeat37
10-26-2016, 01:34 PM
Kawhi has all the cliches in form, tbh:lol..becoming a true star..

Not surprising about Russell's answer..Manu is probably the 2nd most influential player of the 2000s, only behind Kobe IMO..

gambit1990
10-26-2016, 01:47 PM
http://media.gq.com/photos/580e84783b7fd3ad60d7e6a9/master/w_800/kahwi2.jpg

apalisoc_9
10-26-2016, 01:51 PM
Bin harden's favorite player in hs was Manu....

I think he got into an argument with fans in the summer for calling Ginobili the best left ever. :lol

Manu is evidently one of the most influential layer of our t8me tbh.

phyzik
10-26-2016, 02:30 PM
Kazaam: 5 out of 4 stars... :lmao

sense of humor: confirmed.

Seventyniner
10-26-2016, 02:31 PM
Tim must be so proud of Kawhi's answers.

Spur|n|Austin
10-26-2016, 03:12 PM
"Picture drawn by GQ's stylist" :lol I can see him just saying "nah".

Uriel
10-26-2016, 03:23 PM
http://media.gq.com/photos/580e84783b7fd3ad60d7e6a9/master/w_800/kahwi2.jpg
Can you make out what he wrote before he crossed it out?

gambit1990
10-26-2016, 03:26 PM
Can you make out what he wrote before he crossed it out?
not at all. i get the impression that maybe he didn't know he could choose himself. was curious about that as well.

peacemaker885
10-26-2016, 03:47 PM
Watch out for [BLANK] this year, that guy (who is NOT a teammate) is gonna blow up
I think you will be surprised by some of my teammates, I won't mention any names...

Leader.

SPURt
10-26-2016, 04:06 PM
Kawhi killed that interview! He definitely drew the best self portrait! Which shouldn't be surprising since he was mostly educated using pictures.

All Mighty Janitor
10-26-2016, 05:22 PM
Very interesting. Thx for posting

Raven
10-26-2016, 05:49 PM
lakers players always manage to look dumber :lmao

RD2191
10-26-2016, 05:57 PM
Cousins, what a loser. :lol

FkLA
10-26-2016, 06:43 PM

They really do come off as retards. Cousins too, which isn't surprising. :lol

koriwhat
10-26-2016, 07:02 PM
Kawhi killed that interview! He definitely drew the best self portrait! Which shouldn't be surprising since he was mostly educated using pictures.

he didn't draw his self portrait... either way, his Q&A was nothing short of a man on a mission who exudes confidence in himself, his play, and his team/teammates.

tonight...you
10-26-2016, 07:05 PM

Dude... it was drawn for him. There's an editor's note stating such. Old boy told them he wasn't drawing shit.

SAGirl
10-26-2016, 07:16 PM
Thanks for sharing... he rarely reveals much about him, I liked that he said the team would be better (and here we are questioning all the youngest players, rookies and unproven guys), and mentions:

Watch out for [BLANK] this year, that guy (who is NOT a teammate) is gonna blow up
I think you will be surprised by some of my teammates, I won't mention any names...

Some of his teammates, not just one guy.
TB fair, this to me is a very special revelation, bc him as a leader has been a very private affair and coming into this season, something I wasn't sure that he had in him.

I didn't know if he had it in him to encourage teammates, younger guys, guys who are struggling and could be up and down, trying to grow as a player and showing flashes in practice that we don't see yet but he knows. He is great himself, but I already had that admiration for him. Him as a leader, raising the bar for his teammates and lifting them up, believing in them is a whole new dimension.

So proud of his growth. He's been amazing. League watch out!

I had though he had chances to be MVP if the team was a good team bc he would have a larger burden than he's had ever, but him raising the bar for himself and having faith in his teammates is the ultimate sign of having the mentality he needs to have. I value a lot things like that and it's one of my favorite aspects in Sports. As always, Pop sees the young guys in practice and they only show a flash here or there, but it's a younger team and I love Kiwi having faith in his guys.

Also, he said the team is better than last season and he's the man, the best player in the league. There is just an insight to someone who used to be so private...

Thanks for sharing.

Kawhi::claw
:flag::worthy::worthy::worthy::flag:

UZER
10-26-2016, 07:27 PM

Not surprising about Russell's answer..Manu is probably the 2nd most influential player of the 2000s, only behind Kobe IMO..

Bin harden's favorite player in hs was Manu....

I think he got into an argument with fans in the summer for calling Ginobili the best left ever. :lol

Manu is evidently one of the most influential layer of our t8me tbh.

I remember an interview OJ mayo did with Dan Patrick where Dan asked him who is the hardest player for him to guard in the NBA. Mayo said Manu and Dan a little upset said, "not Kobe?" Mayo gave details of why he picked Manu, and Dan just went on and keep trying to steer the conversation back to Kobe.

Spur|n|Austin
10-26-2016, 07:32 PM

Are you illiterate or just a bit slow?

tonight...you
10-26-2016, 07:56 PM
I remember an interview OJ mayo did with Dan Patrick where Dan asked him who is the hardest player for him to guard in the NBA. Mayo said Manu and Dan a little upset said, "not Kobe?" Mayo gave details of why he picked Manu, and Dan just went on and keep trying to steer the conversation back to Kobe.

When Manu leaves basketball, it will be like Jackson Pollack putting his brush down, for the last time.
No more insane, brilliant moments. No more ecstatic highs and dramatic lows. No more of that singular artistry to behold, in awe.

Watching Manu, in form, was like watching Fred and Ginger dancing together. Just made the impossible look so effortless and we are completely blessed to have watched him play for our team and all the memories (good and bad) that he's given us.

Aztecfan03
10-26-2016, 08:13 PM

Clarkson and Russell are fucking retarded.

SPURt
10-26-2016, 10:25 PM
Are you illiterate or just a bit slow?
Both? I definitely chew on my tongue.

DAF86
10-26-2016, 10:54 PM

Iverson, tbh.