PDA

View Full Version : David West...

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-26-2016, 02:06 PM
:lmao

So glad that fake tough guy is gone. Can't play a lick of defense. Mentally soft as evidenced by his beta move to jump ship.

spursistan
10-26-2016, 02:11 PM
He is clearly finished as a top 8 player on a contending team.

Spurtacular
10-26-2016, 02:14 PM
I can't hate on DW. He ultimately played for us at a below market price.

HarlemHeat37
10-26-2016, 02:15 PM
I can't hate on DW. He ultimately played for us at a below market price.

Of course you can't hate on David West..he's a Black man that sacrificed millions of $ for his white owner:lol

Leetonidas
10-26-2016, 02:25 PM
West is trash, glad as fuck the Spurs spanked his bitch ass after leaving like a punk. glad i dont have to look at his fake tough guy butthurt face everytime a call is made against him anymore tbh

Spurtacular
10-26-2016, 02:28 PM
Of course you can't hate on David West..he's a Black man that sacrificed millions of $ for his white owner:lol

:lmao You thought that was such a meat pitch; but the reality is another swing and a miss.

I don't have anything against sacrificing for the team. If you do, then you hate the Spurs as personified by Tim Duncan and Manu.

Mr. Body
10-26-2016, 06:02 PM
I was annoyed he waddled over to Golden State, but he does not look good.

Trill Clinton
10-26-2016, 06:04 PM
dave isn't a fake tough guy but he is washed up right now.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
10-26-2016, 06:11 PM

Tru dat. West is as tough as they come but he is done. He got completely man handled by Kanter on both ends of the floor in last year's playoffs.

siraulo23
10-26-2016, 06:14 PM

Leetonidas
10-26-2016, 06:20 PM
how is West not a fake tough guy? staring angrily at everyone when you get your shit pushed in on defense is tough? :lol

DJR210
10-26-2016, 06:23 PM
I'm sure West is already in talks with his next team

tonight...you
10-26-2016, 06:27 PM
how is West not a fake tough guy? staring angrily at everyone when you get your shit pushed in on defense is tough? :lol
#Today'sDavidWest

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TScRBYVDIik/Uxk_jQT9OoI/AAAAAAAAdeo/FFZRdoNtoBY/s1600/giphy+(2).gif

Trill Clinton
10-26-2016, 06:59 PM

okay you're just exaggerating now. some people just play with a mean streak, doesn't make you fake tough. if you're all bark and no bite then you're fake tough. dave is class act and i've never seen him back down from anybody.

GSH
10-26-2016, 07:01 PM

He musta got uppity or somethin. Mistah Holt done whupped him so bad he caint play C no more.

I hate the thought that he was so beat down that he would voluntarily give up 10 million dollars to come work on a plantation. I think he must have been a woman in a previous life. It's the only logical explanation.

Leetonidas
10-26-2016, 07:06 PM
okay you're just exaggerating now. some people just play with a mean streak, doesn't make you fake tough. if you're all bark and no bite then you're fake tough. dave is class act and i've never seen him back down from anybody.

I mean I guess but other than stating people down what has he really done? Every one in the league knows the refs are gonna break that shit up immediately, always staring people down knowing nothing will probably happen isn't really tough, imo

tonight...you
10-26-2016, 07:09 PM
I mean I guess but other than stating people down what has he really done? Every one in the league knows the refs are gonna break that shit up immediately, always staring people down knowing nothing will probably happen isn't really tough, imo

He's a net nothing in Today's NBA. He could be a John Salley-lite 15 years ago, but he's nothing now, but a few grandpa passes and the occasional opportunity to get something which makes a few of his greys turn black again, for a second.
He's going to be the Warriors new, yet more broken down, Richard Jefferson and I, personally, look forward to this.

spursistan
10-26-2016, 07:12 PM
I would've hated more if he got 12 million out of us but he opted out and sucked for the minimum (toward the end of seasons and playoffs; otherwise he was decent for the first 60-65 games).

tholdren
10-26-2016, 08:07 PM
he has

Mnky
10-26-2016, 08:15 PM

Real recognize real.

jag
10-26-2016, 08:19 PM

There are dudes in the league that pretty much everyone (players included) regards as fake tough guys (Garnett). West isn't one of them.

Not a fan of his move to GS, but the dude plays his ass off, stands up for his teammates and doesn't take shit from anyone.

tholdren
10-26-2016, 08:33 PM
There are dudes in the league that pretty much everyone (players included) regards as fake tough guys (Garnett). West isn't one of them.

Not a fan of his move to GS, but the dude plays his ass off, stands up for his teammates and doesn't take shit from anyone.
lol. not true. I've never seen a jumper only post player who can't rebound be considered tough. Get out of here with that garbage

BackHome
10-26-2016, 09:38 PM
Yeah I thought he was tough but I remember last season against Dallas and he got into it with can't remember some crazy foreign dude and he totally backed down from him. Which I guess is the smart thing do but you could tell he didn't want to dance with the dude.

tonight...you
10-26-2016, 09:43 PM
west took a big pay cut to play for SA. did the dirty work all year. we got 2nd rounded again and he left to go try somewhere else

cant hate on that

What dirty work did he do, exactly, for the Spurs? I would like to be the first to hear about it.

AFBlue
10-26-2016, 09:44 PM
Upgraded our David tbqh

sasaint
10-26-2016, 11:11 PM

In the twilight of his career, DWest is a fake tough guy riding the reputation he earned in his prime as a real tough guy.

KimmyGib
10-26-2016, 11:42 PM
Not even to mention his poor defense and inability to rebound, DWest's collection of horribly-timed and bone-headed offensive fouls may have cost the Spurs the OKC series.

houston spurs fan
10-26-2016, 11:45 PM
Cop killer advocate. Get this bastard out of here. Not even a Spurs fan, just some attention seeking low life.

The Whopper
10-27-2016, 12:38 AM
Like most of us, I was pleased when we signed West last year, but by the playoffs he was a sad paper tiger.

Dancelot
10-27-2016, 01:16 AM
Yeah I thought he was tough but I remember last season against Dallas and he got into it with can't remember some crazy foreign dude and he totally backed down from him. Which I guess is the smart thing do but you could tell he didn't want to dance with the dude.
That was actually Zaza who he is now team mates with.

DMC
10-27-2016, 03:28 AM
I'd not call a dude that size with that strength "fake tough guy". Go toe to toe with him and if he backs down, we can revisit.

Holden_Caulfield
10-27-2016, 03:52 AM
i hope he gets the most minutes off the bench :lol

Chinook
10-27-2016, 04:21 AM
My issue with West isn't that he left. Well, I mean that is sort of annoying, but the bigger thing is that he had to char the bridge on the way out, like the team let him down rather than vice versa. I wonder if GS is looking at him to be a locker-room leader. For the Spurs, he had talked about the relief he felt at not being the only or main vet in the locker room, that he could just be one of the guys. But obviously that's not the case in Oakland. Also have to wonder how much he likes the Warriors' swagger. Culture-wise it seems like an awkward fit. Add in that he doesn't give what they need on the court, and it's even more awkward.

BillMc
10-27-2016, 04:43 AM
My issue with West isn't that he left. Well, I mean that is sort of annoying, but the bigger thing is that he had to char the bridge on the way out, like the team let him down rather than vice versa. I wonder if GS is looking at him to be a locker-room leader. For the Spurs, he had talked about the relief he felt at not being the only or main vet in the locker room, that he could just be one of the guys. But obviously that's not the case in Oakland. Also have to wonder how much he likes the Warriors' swagger. Culture-wise it seems like an awkward fit. Add in that he doesn't give what they need on the court, and it's even more awkward.

What exactly did he say to char the bridge? I've heard this let down rumor before but was anything ever said publicly?

Chinook
10-27-2016, 07:53 AM
What exactly did he say to char the bridge? I've heard this let down rumor before but was anything ever said publicly?

Truth
be told, the thing that miffed me was the reported comments that he felt disrespected. However, I also don't think anyone should be okay with him having his "bags packed" the same night they lost in the WCSF. Or him acting like it was a no-brainer to make the move.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-27-2016, 09:32 AM
I was right all along about him... I take full credit for hating him since game 1 last year and a lot of STers need to eat crow, tbh.

Another W for Millennial Messiah.

rjv
10-27-2016, 10:40 AM
i think by the end of the season, GS will have realized his signing was a bad move. and west will retire.

MaNu4Tres
10-27-2016, 10:45 AM
Truth
be told, the thing that miffed me was the reported comments that he felt disrespected. However, I also don't think anyone should be okay with him having his "bags packed" the same night they lost in the WCSF. Or him acting like it was a no-brainer to make the move.

Yeah its funny how he felt disrespected. Especially considering how Pop played him way more than he should have played.

Fact is, Spurs front-court looked great on paper, but in reality it wasn't even close to great.

By seasons end, Duncan was done, West was done, Boris was hurt and had regressed significantly from his 14' run -- he's close to done. Boban was the 2nd best big man on the team, but he never played when it mattered, so he was irrelevant and the Spurs losing him didn't change anything from a playoff rotation perspective.

I was ecstatic to see West go to the Warriors. Having Zaza/ West replace Bogut/ Ezeli is a tremendous downgrade.

spurs10
10-27-2016, 10:51 AM
Truth
be told, the thing that miffed me was the reported comments that he felt disrespected. However, I also don't think anyone should be okay with him having his "bags packed" the same night they lost in the WCSF. Or him acting like it was a no-brainer to make the move. Yes I seem to remember that. The talk about them calling him the day we lost was really bizarre and even seemed to be a bit shady. Best to him nonetheless.

spurs10
10-27-2016, 10:53 AM
Yeah its funny how he felt disrespected. Especially considering how Pop played him way more than he should have played.

Fact is, Spurs front-court looked great on paper, but in reality it wasn't even close to great.

By seasons end, Duncan was done, West was done, Boris was hurt and had regressed significantly from his 14' run -- he's close to done. Boban was the 2nd best big man on the team, but he never played when it mattered, so he was irrelevant and the Spurs losing him didn't change anything from a playoff rotation perspective.

I was ecstatic to see West go to the Warriors. Having Zaza/ West replace Bogut/ Ezeli is a tremendous downgrade. :tu

GSH
10-27-2016, 10:58 AM
Truth

He said nothing but good things when last season was over. I think he believed the Spurs were going to offer him a lot more money for a second season (after opting out). When that didn't happen, his memory changed. It reminded me of the way Derek Anderson acted after the Spurs didn't make keeping him their top priority that offseason. You know... disrespected. He always played with a chip on his shoulder, which is fine. Off the court, it's not so good.

Still say he should never have been forced into playing center. His whole career was at PF, and he's tall enough for that.

tmtcsc
10-27-2016, 11:04 AM
KD is the fakest tough guy in the league. He replaced KG. Fucking Cupcake. I hope that fans who sit underneath the basket during games bring posters of Cupcakes to distract him during FT's. Probably won't work but the message will be delivered. Soft-ass, twig-arm flexing beta.

GSH
10-27-2016, 11:07 AM
I was ecstatic to see West go to the Warriors. Having Zaza/ West replace Bogut/ Ezeli is a tremendous downgrade.

They didn't have much choice. Those guys weren't going to leave millions on the table, like West did. And they were dead-set on signing Durant.

When Durant turns out to be a one year rental, and they have to start paying Curry real money they'll really be screwed. Welcome to salary cap hell.

MaNu4Tres
10-27-2016, 11:50 AM
They didn't have much choice. Those guys weren't going to leave millions on the table, like West did. And they were dead-set on signing Durant.

When Durant turns out to be a one year rental, and they have to start paying Curry real money they'll really be screwed. Welcome to salary cap hell.

Ezeli could have, but I don't blame him for taking more money. Bogut was still under contract. It was him or Igoudala that needed to be traded. They chose Bogut.

sasaint
10-27-2016, 11:59 AM
Ezeli could have, but I don't blame him for taking more money. Bogut was still under contract. It was him or Igoudala that needed to be traded. They chose Bogut.

Probably a poor choice by a FO that is "light years" beyond the rest of the league.

sasaint
10-27-2016, 12:03 PM
He said nothing but good things when last season was over. I think he believed the Spurs were going to offer him a lot more money for a second season (after opting out). When that didn't happen, his memory changed. It reminded me of the way Derek Anderson acted after the Spurs didn't make keeping him their top priority that offseason. You know... disrespected. He always played with a chip on his shoulder, which is fine. Off the court, it's not so good.

Still say he should never have been forced into playing center. His whole career was at PF, and he's tall enough for that.

That was exactly my take on DWest - especially forcing him to play center (not to mention consistently pairing him with Diaw). Stupid fouls and all, DWest is not a guy I will miss, but I can't disparage him.

spursistan
10-27-2016, 12:33 PM

Bogut awful-looking injury in the Finals--and his health history-- probably scared them off and played a part in that choice...The downgrade from him (+ Ezeli) looks to be way bigger and costly than a potential one from Iggy (turns 33 in January) to Linvingston..Wonder if given a mulligan, they would revisit it.

This is a juggernaut that have won a freakin 140 games in the past 2 seasons, but are pedestrian 22-10 in that span without Bogut in the lineup pushing and shoving defenders off Golden State gunners. Ad you have to wonder, they would have most likely beaten the Clippers in 2014 First round playoffs if he wasn't injured and out of the series.

GSH
10-27-2016, 12:41 PM

Yeah, I shouldn't have said that Bogut could have taken less money. My point was that sending Bogut to Dallas was a pure salary dump, to be able to afford Durant. They also renounced their RFA rights to Harrison Barnes, so that Dallas could sign him right away - all so they could make sure and have cap space for Durant. Signing Durant essentially cost them Bogut, Barnes, and Ezili. And people wonder why it didn't look like the same team the other night.

The sweetest part, for me, is that they now have too many stars in the starting 5 and there just aren't any additional shot opportunities. Back in pre-season, people started figuring that out and speculating that one of them needed to come off the bench. Kerr even commented that he didn't know if Durant would be starting - but he has Durant's player option hanging over his head. If he sends Durant to the bench, he knows it will be a one-year rental. He can't break up the Splash Brothers, and even if he did that would mean Klay because Curry sure as shit isn't coming off the bench.

So they got one of the best scorers in the league, but he's got to take shots from two of the best shooters in the league. To get full impact out of Durant, they would have to move him to the bench, and that would mean they lose him after one year. When you think about it, unless the starters' aggregate TS% increases from last year (which would be difficult), they won't really see any net gain from having Durant. It's really sort of beautiful, if you're not a Dubs fan.

james evans
10-27-2016, 01:04 PM
I told everyone that signing West would be bad for GS. No one believed me. They saw KD and Curry(2 of the worst defending offensive threats) together and assumed we should just give them the title for the next 3 years

SAGirl
10-27-2016, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I shouldn't have said that Bogut could have taken less money. My point was that sending Bogut to Dallas was a pure salary dump, to be able to afford Durant. They also renounced their RFA rights to Harrison Barnes, so that Dallas could sign him right away - all so they could make sure and have cap space for Durant. Signing Durant essentially cost them Bogut, Barnes, and Ezili. And people wonder why it didn't look like the same team the other night.

The sweetest part, for me, is that they now have too many stars in the starting 5 and there just aren't any additional shot opportunities. Back in pre-season, people started figuring that out and speculating that one of them needed to come off the bench. Kerr even commented that he didn't know if Durant would be starting - but he has Durant's player option hanging over his head. If he sends Durant to the bench, he knows it will be a one-year rental. He can't break up the Splash Brothers, and even if he did that would mean Klay because Curry sure as shit isn't coming off the bench.

So they got one of the best scorers in the league, but he's got to take shots from two of the best shooters in the league. To get full impact out of Durant, they would have to move him to the bench, and that would mean they lose him after one year. When you think about it, unless the starters' aggregate TS% increases from last year (which would be difficult), they won't really see any net gain from having Durant. It's really sort of beautiful, if you're not a Dubs fan.

That was a point that raybies (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=42684) made and I think he's right (though an early observation). He had another insight which I found interesting. That the Durant offense is less dynamic than the Curry offense and that Curry the past season running off screens (which Bogut was a major part off, with Raymond of course), his play off the ball and how defenses had to bend to account for him, made it incredibly difficult to deal with them as a team. Curry helped open opportunities for easy baskets for a lot of others guys. Durant's offense doesn't have the same effect. So, he can get hot posting up smaller guys from the midrange, that's less scary than the Curry 3s who at times seemed unstoppable and there was nothing you can do but switch and follow him around, which created a lot of opportunities for others.

They will look better I am sure, but Durant taking the ball from Curry doesn't help the team be better than they were last season and then on top of that they lost roleplayers that did little blue collar things that are always unappreciated. They lost some guys that helped the team be great within their roles and they are not going to get those similar things from D.West.

TheDoctor
10-27-2016, 01:39 PM
That was a point that raybies (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=42684) made and I think he's right (though an early observation). He had another insight which I found interesting. That the Durant offense is less dynamic than the Curry offense and that Curry the past season running off screens (which Bogut was a major part off, with Raymond of course), his play off the ball and how defenses had to bend to account for him, made it incredibly difficult to deal with them as a team. Curry helped open opportunities for easy baskets for a lot of others guys. Durant's offense doesn't have the same effect. So, he can get hot posting up smaller guys from the midrange, that's less scary than the Curry 3s who at times seemed unstoppable and there was nothing you can do but switch and follow him around, which created a lot of opportunities for others.

They will look better I am sure, but Durant taking the ball from Curry doesn't help the team be better than they were last season and then on top of that they lost roleplayers that did little blue collar things that are always unappreciated. They lost some guys that helped the team be great within their roles and they are not going to get those similar things from D.West.

Nice inputs guys :tu

100%duncan
11-04-2016, 11:27 PM
https://scontent.fmnl2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/14915380_10154347115701773_5056276203300232423_n.j pg?oh=da7a3ffc8aa0341f3c0e95b68e8ddc06&oe=589A4C27

dabom
11-04-2016, 11:28 PM
:wow

timtonymanu
11-04-2016, 11:29 PM
D Worst belongs with those beta made faggots. I still remember Big Shot Rob punking him back in 08.

Chris
11-04-2016, 11:30 PM

objective
11-04-2016, 11:33 PM
:pop: "Why is Steve Kerr playing Looney in the second half instead of David West? You have to respect your vets! Judging them by their performance isn't being fair to them!"

MaNu4Tres
11-04-2016, 11:39 PM
:pop: "Why is Steve Kerr playing Looney in the second half instead of David West? You have to respect your vets! Judging them by their performance isn't being fair to them!"

Boban should have played over him vs. OKC after game 2. Pop makes the adjustment, Spurs win the series. IMO

TheDoctor
11-04-2016, 11:44 PM

Dumb Kerr doesn't know what's NASA

webshad
11-04-2016, 11:52 PM
https://scontent.fmnl2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/14915380_10154347115701773_5056276203300232423_n.j pg?oh=da7a3ffc8aa0341f3c0e95b68e8ddc06&oe=589A4C27

hahahaah

TheDoctor
11-04-2016, 11:53 PM
:rollin

Obstructed_View
11-05-2016, 12:01 AM
Most disastrous free agent signing ever for the Spurs tbh.

ElNono
11-05-2016, 12:03 AM
At least he was only here one season... not 12 years like Matt bonner, tbh...

Kawhitstorm
11-05-2016, 12:04 AM
Boban should have played over him vs. OKC after game 2. Pop makes the adjustment, Spurs win the series. IMO

Boban was horrific, the adjustment should have been playing Boris against Ibaka whom he could abuse in the post & having D-Worst/Tim coming off the bench.

100%duncan
11-05-2016, 12:05 AM

Richard Jefferson says hello????

Or you were being sarcastic, carry on.

100%duncan
11-05-2016, 12:06 AM

Or Kancer for 3 years :depressed

timtonymanu

At the very least Matty didn't jump ship to another contender after shitting the bed like the ring chasing faggot, Worst.

100%duncan
At the very least Matty didn't jump ship to another contender after shitting the bed like the ring chasing faggot, Worst.

Beta faggot

ElNono
11-05-2016, 12:07 AM

yeah, but when Pop actually stops returning your calls, you know you way, way overextended your welcome...

Budkin
11-05-2016, 12:09 AM
:lmao

MaNu4Tres
11-05-2016, 12:10 AM
Boban was horrific, the adjustment should have been playing Boris against Ibaka whom he could abuse in the post & having D-Worst/Tim coming off the bench.

Boban played 7 meaningful minutes. How the hell can you accurately asses to make an end all conclusion based on a small sample size like that?

West was more than horrific and he played more minutes than any other big not named LaMarcus up to Duncans' going out game.

Boris was hurt and he had zero confidence. It showed the way he played the first 5 games.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2016, 12:12 AM
Richard Jefferson says hello????

Or you were being sarcastic, carry on.

Richard Jefferson wasn't a free agent signing, tbh.

HI-FI
11-05-2016, 12:17 AM
i was actually someone who wanted West as a Spur but he deserved that epic posterizing. what an asshole.

who knows how it would've turned out, but i knew Pop would trot Boban out there in such a way that he could say "see? told you it wouldn't work."

100%duncan
11-05-2016, 12:17 AM
Richard Jefferson wasn't a free agent signing, tbh.

God that was even worse. Forgot we traded Brucie for that scrub :depressed

11-05-2016, 12:24 AM
Spurs lucked out that West cowardly and quickly ran over to the Warriors. The Spurs may have been tempted to re-sign him.

Darius Bieber
11-05-2016, 12:26 AM

Yep. Matty (last year) was the longest tenured Spur outside of the Big 3. Spurs traded the Raptors Rasho for him back in 2006.

SpurPadre
11-05-2016, 12:30 AM

Dick Jefferson says hi. Oh wait, we got him in a trade, didn't we? My bad...

spursistan
11-05-2016, 12:31 AM
Spurs lucked out that West cowardly and quickly ran over to the Warriors. The Spurs may have been tempted to re-sign him.

Probaly this,tbh...

Kawhitstorm
11-05-2016, 12:37 AM
Boban played 7 meaningful minutes. How the hell can you accurately asses to make an end all conclusion based on a small sample size like that? .

They put him in a PnR & got anything they wanted, D-Worst actually had a decent Gm 3 when he wasn't matched up w/ Kanter. The only person that stood a chance against Kanter was Tim.

If Diaw was injured, Pop could have started D-Worst & matched him up against Ibaka.

100%duncan
11-05-2016, 12:38 AM
People thinking a benchwarmer like Boban couldve saved us last season :lmao

Kawhitstorm
11-05-2016, 12:38 AM

Spurs lucked out Chinook isn't the GM b/c he would have given D-Worst a max contract to be the starting center.:lol

Chinook
11-05-2016, 12:42 AM
Spurs lucked out Chinook (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=37557) isn't the GM b/c he would have given D-Worst a max contract to be the starting center.:lol

You doing the game grades for tonight?

MaNu4Tres
11-05-2016, 12:42 AM
They put him in a PnR & got anything they wanted, D-Worst actually had a decent Gm 3 when he wasn't matched up w/ Kanter. The only person that stood a chance against Kanter was Tim.

Boban played 7 meaningful minutes.

West was atrocious in all phases. Had no impact offensively, his Pick and Pops were a cancer to the weakside offense even if he was making the opportunities at a 40% clip. Unfortunately, he was an even bigger cancer because he was only making less than 20% on the mid-range opportunities. On D and on the boards, he was getting abused and exploited relentlessly. OKC had killed the Spurs on the boards.

Kawhitstorm
11-05-2016, 12:45 AM
You doing the game grades for tonight?

I forgot about it, I missed most of the first quarter but I'll give it a shot.:lol

MaNu4Tres
11-05-2016, 12:45 AM

No one said he could have saved the season, jack ass.

He was better than West, especially vs. the OKC matchup.

Kawhitstorm
11-05-2016, 12:47 AM
Boban played 7 meaningful minutes.

West was atrocious in all phases. Had no impact offensively, his Pick and Pops were a cancer to the weakside offense even if he was making the opportunities at a 40% clip. Unfortunately, he was an even bigger cancer because he was only making less than 20% on the mid-range opportunities. On D and on the boards, he was getting abused and exploited relentlessly. OKC had killed the Spurs on the boards.

In Gm 3, he closed the game w/ Ibaka on the floor & didn't get killed on the boards. Kanter is one of the best offensive rebounders in the league so it was pretty dumb to have D-Worst box him out.
Boban also played 7 meaningful minutes where he got manhandled by Adams in that disastrous stretch of Gm 6.:wakeup

james evans
11-05-2016, 01:15 AM
The real question is what teams will Durant and West play for next year?

Obstructed_View
11-05-2016, 01:58 AM

That's a testament to the steaming pile of shit that David West was.

Robz4000
11-05-2016, 02:45 AM
:rollin

100%duncan
11-05-2016, 03:45 AM
No one said he could have saved the season, jack ass.

He was better than West, especially vs. the OKC matchup.

Oh sorry...... :lol

dabom
11-05-2016, 07:26 AM

Pop needed to make the adjustment early in game 4 or 5. Not a desperation Elimination game.

100%duncan
11-05-2016, 08:01 AM
Pop needed to make the adjustment early in game 4 or 5. Not a desperation Elimination game.

And Boban still wouldn't have been ready. The problem last year was the team relied on Diaw so much turn on his playoff switch, but our fatass couldn't do it. Duncan was old. And West was Dworst.

dabom
11-05-2016, 08:43 AM
And Boban still wouldn't have been ready. The problem last year was the team relied on Diaw so much turn on his playoff switch, but our fatass couldn't do it. Duncan was old. And West was Dworst.

I don't buy that.

100%duncan
11-05-2016, 09:00 AM
I don't buy that.

Boban, the most glorified benchwarmer of the 21st century :lol

dabom
11-05-2016, 09:29 AM
Boban, the most glorified benchwarmer of the 21st century :lol

That bench warmer was better than fatdiaw and dworst. :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-05-2016, 10:09 AM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14925364_1559702120715291_7929455560132738814_n.jp g?oh=41f4d984d374c5fa9fcf64030aacd6a4&oe=5897E158

100%duncan
11-05-2016, 10:14 AM
That bench warmer was better than fatdiaw and dworst. :lol

Exactly, that's why he wouldn't have made a difference still

spursistan
11-05-2016, 11:03 AM

:tu

We go back to this point ..They look vulnerable even with Durant having a career-best efficiency while pouring in 30 .PPG, but the loss of their previous offensive structure has seemingly affected Curry's and even more Klay who is off to an ugly start.

spursistan
11-05-2016, 02:21 PM

Hopefully Kerr goes down with the "veteran enforcer" who does't want to feel "disrespected" :lol ..

sasaint
11-05-2016, 02:37 PM

:toast Yep! The Front Office that is light years beyond the rest of the league looks like it because they signed Curry after an injury-riddled season for less than Parker makes!

TD 21
11-05-2016, 05:15 PM
Considering Lee clearly would have been a superior on court fit, they probably signed West for his supposed leadership and weight his voice carries. Anytime you put that much star power/ego together, there's at least a decent chance that things go sideways chemistry wise.

On court, he's a terrible fit for the exact same reasons he was last season: he doesn't roll or provide enough rim protection/rebounding to effectively play center.

Let's just hope no one bails these pricks out.

sasaint
11-05-2016, 05:30 PM
Considering Lee clearly would have been a superior on court fit, they probably signed West for his supposed leadership and weight his voice carries. Anytime you put that much star power/ego together, there's at least a decent chance that things go sideways chemistry wise.

On court, he's a terrible fit for the exact same reasons he was last season: he doesn't roll or provide enough rim protection/rebounding to effectively play center.

Let's just hope no one bails these pricks out.

:toast

TheDoctor
11-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Good riddance Turd Tower :lol

sasaint
11-05-2016, 05:55 PM
Good riddance Turd Tower :lol

Pity. I was hoping he would drag down the Dubs all season. This seems like a prelude to another move.

TheDoctor
11-05-2016, 05:58 PM
Pity. I was hoping he would drag down the Dubs all season. This seems like a prelude to another move.
I guess the Worriers FO talked to him and said "You do it or we do it?"

lefty20
11-05-2016, 05:59 PM

This

Snaq O'Meal
11-05-2016, 06:13 PM

I hope they sign DeJuan Blair. He's the perfect undersized frontcourt partner for Draymond.

sasaint
11-05-2016, 06:18 PM
I hope they sign DeJuan Blair. He's the perfect undersized frontcourt partner for Draymond.

:lol Still an upgrade over DWest, tbh. :wow

Maddog
11-05-2016, 06:21 PM
Hmmm.
Any confirmation on that...

Mr. Body
11-05-2016, 06:25 PM
Trolling.

Snaq O'Meal
11-05-2016, 06:35 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14925364_1559702120715291_7929455560132738814_n.jp g?oh=41f4d984d374c5fa9fcf64030aacd6a4&oe=5897E158

The Retirement Dunk.

Larry Nance Jr is now gaining a reputation of being a destroyer of rims and careers.

spursistan
01-08-2017, 11:40 PM

Warriors twitter taking notice..

timtonymanu
01-08-2017, 11:54 PM
Had he kept his mouth shut after he left instead of making comments that he felt he wasn't treated fairly on the team, I wouldn't have cared that he's ringchasing. Just admit you want an easy ring and you thought the Dubs had the best shot of providing that. The team definitely doesn't miss him either. Dedmon/Lee >>>> D Worst. @UNT was right for calling him out.

spursistan
01-09-2017, 12:02 AM
Had he kept his mouth shut after he left instead of making comments that he felt he wasn't treated fairly on the team, I wouldn't have cared that he's ringchasing. Just admit you want an easy ring and you thought the Dubs had the best shot of providing that. The team definitely doesn't miss him either. Dedmon/Lee >>>> D Worst. @UNT was right for calling him out.

At all... He was all jaw jaw with little to no resistance when push came to shove..

BillMc
01-09-2017, 12:03 AM
making comments that he felt he wasn't treated fairly on the team, I've read this before, but what were his comments exactly? I've never seen them. How was he allegedly disrespected?

cd98
01-09-2017, 12:11 AM
i didn't see those comments. What did he say? I thought he was treated well by the Spurs, but maybe he was referring to posters on Spurstalk.

TimDunkem
01-09-2017, 12:13 AM
^Maybe someone said that he needed to watch more tapes of Bonner to be an effective offensive player...:lmao

timtonymanu
01-09-2017, 12:18 AM
I've read this before, but what were his comments exactly? I've never seen them. How was he allegedly disrespected?

i didn't see those comments. What did he say? I thought he was treated well by the Spurs, but maybe he was referring to posters on Spurstalk.

I'm having a hard time finding it too. Maybe some poster made it up or speculated, which would have been an odd thing for him to say since Pop actually overplayed him against OKC when he was beyond awful. But it worked out for the Spurs anyway as Dedmon and Lee have been much better this season.

Robz4000
01-09-2017, 12:24 AM
He did say something along the lines of "The Spurs clearly decided to move on without me so I'm gonna move on as well." It had to do with the Spurs paying Gasol $15mil; he thought the Spurs were gonna give him $8-10mil or along those lines after taking the minimum, so he felt disrespected/betrayed.

Speaking of DWest, I wouldn't be surprised if the Dubs dump him at some point soon tbh; he's looked terrible and is just about out of their rotation. Wonder if he'd be desperate enough to join Lebron?

BillMc
01-09-2017, 12:30 AM
I'm having a hard time finding it too. Maybe some poster made it up or speculated, which would have been an odd thing for him to say since Pop actually overplayed him against OKC when he was beyond awful. But it worked out for the Spurs anyway as Dedmon and Lee have been much better this season.

He did say something along the lines of "The Spurs clearly decided to move on without me so I'm gonna move on as well." It had to do with the Spurs paying Gasol $15mil; he thought the Spurs were gonna give him $8-10mil or along those lines after taking the minimum, so he felt disrespected/betrayed.

Speaking of DWest, I wouldn't be surprised if the Dubs dump him at some point soon tbh; he's looked terrible and is just about out of their rotation. Wonder if he'd be desperate enough to join Lebron?

Thanks guys. Wasn't there something also about him being recruited by the Dubs while still under contract to us? Can't remember. Either way, Lee and Dedmon are both better, as is Pau for his age. Hope the Dubs do dump him.

timtonymanu
01-09-2017, 12:31 AM

Thanks. rofl then he takes the minimum to play for the Dubs anyway. So it was just a ring chasing move.

Mr. Body
01-09-2017, 12:35 AM
Of course he is ring chasing, that's not a big deal. It's that he thought the Spurs were going to push him big cash money after playing for peanuts. That's a weird expectation. No one was going to pay him money and opting out of his deal was his sign that money didn't matter. Suddenly it did?

BillMc
01-09-2017, 12:39 AM
It'd be amusing to see a "battle of the backups" in the playoffs. Who'd be more motivated to show up his old team? West against the Spurs or Lee against the Dubs. A minor but entertaining subplot.

Splits
01-09-2017, 12:42 AM
lol dude goes from ST "selfless warrior who is giving up millions to be a champion" to "ring chasing faggot" in 9 months

Kawhitstorm
01-09-2017, 12:42 AM

Kerr brought back Sideshow Bob after his disastrous Finals cameo, why would they dump D-Worst when he's their primary backup?:lol

BillMc
01-09-2017, 12:43 AM
lol dude goes from "selfless warrior who is giving up millions to be a champion" to "ring chaser" in 9 months
Perception is reality. :lol

Kawhitstorm
01-09-2017, 12:44 AM

Warriors twitter taking notice..

Nate Duncan was the one gushing about D-Worst & dissing Lee during the Summer, he also hyped up Zaza while shitting on Pau.:lol

Robz4000
01-09-2017, 12:45 AM
Kerr brought back Sideshow Bob after his disastrous Finals cameo, why would they dump D-Worst when he's their primary backup?:lol

Prolly hoping Varejao can be serviceable in a revenge scenario. They've fallen in love with JAVALE MCGEE and figure they can get a fourth big via buyout/when they inevitably trade for one.

Ice009
01-09-2017, 12:50 AM
Of course he is ring chasing, that's not a big deal. It's that he thought the Spurs were going to push him big cash money after playing for peanuts. That's a weird expectation. No one was going to pay him money and opting out of his deal was his sign that money didn't matter. Suddenly it did?

I think he may not have cared about the money at first, and then at some point, he did start caring about the money he lost. That's the only reason that I can think of on why he felt disrespected.

gambit1990
01-09-2017, 12:59 AM
wouldn't be surprised if he got traded.

spursistan
01-09-2017, 01:00 AM
Nate Duncan was the one gushing about D-Worst & dissing Lee during the Summer, he also hyped up Zaza while shitting on Pau.:lol
Nate Duncan does a sneaky job of hiding his subtle Warriors bias/fandom ,but you can detect it in his Dubs-centric podcast /twitter coverage..He is almost rooting for them in some instances.. Many folks call him out on it and he becomes defensive/sensitive ("Oh I am a Chicago guy who is just residing in the Bay area!" ) but you know it is lurking there when different fanbases accuses him of being a Warriors stan..

Like I see many get into it with the likes Zache Lowe or Bob Voulgaris, but I haven't seen someone ever call them out for X team bias..My theory is --as you can see from Nate Duncan cover photo on twitter--he is probably hoping he could one day land a front office gig with the Warriors as some CBA/cap analyst or something (he is a lawyer)..

Robz4000
01-09-2017, 01:00 AM
wouldn't be surprised if he got traded.

He literally has no trade value

gambit1990
01-09-2017, 01:04 AM
He literally has no trade value
not saying he does. i meant thrown in to make a deal work.

Robz4000
01-09-2017, 01:09 AM
not saying he does. i meant thrown in to make a deal work.

He's a vet on a minimum contract. If he were like Simmons, a young(ish) player with some upside, definitely. However, no team is going to take him in a trade since he's about done and doesn't be a big enough contract to offer cap relief or to even really make a trade work.

gambit1990
01-09-2017, 01:12 AM
He's a vet on a minimum contract. If he were like Simmons, a young(ish) player with some upside, definitely. However, no team is going to take him in a trade since he's about done and doesn't be a big enough contract to offer cap relief or to even really make a trade work.
:lol

i don't know the exact numbers of a hypothetical trade and neither do you.

david west contract is expiring.

Kawhitstorm
01-09-2017, 01:23 AM
Nate Duncan does a sneaky job of hiding his subtle Warriors bias/fandom ,but you can detect it in his Dubs-centric podcast /twitter coverage..He is almost rooting for them in some instances.. Many folks call him out on it and he becomes defensive/sensitive ("Oh I am a Chicago guy who is just residing in the Bay area!" ) but you know it is lurking there when different fanbases accuses him of being Warriros stan..

Like I see many get into it with the likes Zache Lowe or Bob Voulgaris, but I haven't seen someone ever call them out for X team bias..My theory is --as you can see from Nate Duncan cover photo on twitter--he is probably hoping he could one day land a front office gig with the Warriors as some CBA/cap analyst or something (he is a lawyer)..

The guy is literally building a resume for a front-office job w/ the Duds which is why he even moved to the Bay.:lol

Robz4000
01-09-2017, 01:24 AM
:lol

i don't know the exact numbers of a hypothetical trade and neither do you.

david west contract is expiring.

Doesn't matter if its an expiring contract if its for the minimum. No one is going to trade for it since David West makes no sense for a non-contending team with his contract offering no cap relief.

gambit1990
01-09-2017, 01:38 AM
Doesn't matter if its an expiring contract if its for the minimum. No one is going to trade for it since David West makes no sense for a non-contending team with his contract offering no cap relief.
you're really missing the point. his contract can be useful to making the numbers work out.

especially in a trade that involves more than two teams.

Robz4000
01-09-2017, 01:44 AM
you're really missing the point. his contract can be useful to making the numbers work out.

especially in a trade that involves more than two teams.

His minimum contract is worth $1.5mil, which really isn't going to be the difference in any trade since you only need to get the returning contracts values within 30% of the higher value. On top of that, no potential trading partner is going to want him as a throw-in, even a third team, since his contract offers no cap relief (min contracts don't even count towards the cap) nor is he a prospect/young player that will be playing beyond this year.

Chris
01-09-2017, 07:58 AM

:tu

MaNu4Tres
01-09-2017, 08:13 AM
Such a blessing he left. He was a cancer on the court when it mattered last year.

HankChinaski
01-09-2017, 08:51 AM
It is such a shame to see him drop off so much into this season.
People turn into spiteful short minded losers here.

Spur|n|Austin
01-09-2017, 12:33 PM
It is such a shame to see him drop off so much into this season.
People turn into spiteful short minded losers here.

He was pretty much done last year, especially in the playoffs. Pop overplaying him against OKC was much to blame for the loss; though all of our bigs had their lunches eaten that series.

NameLess Scrub
01-09-2017, 01:51 PM
Thanks guys. Wasn't there something also about him being recruited by the Dubs while still under contract to us? Can't remember. Either way, Lee and Dedmon are both better, as is Pau for his age. Hope the Dubs do dump him.

I hope they don't. :lol

TheDoctor
01-09-2017, 02:12 PM
lol dude goes from ST "selfless warrior who is giving up millions to be a champion" to "ring chasing faggot" in 9 months

:lmao I love you ST

Ice009
01-09-2017, 06:46 PM
:lmao I love you ST

We don't like players that come off as selfless and then wanting to get paid after shitting the bed in the playoffs. Just ask Derek Anderson what people around here think of that kind of "selfless" act. David West looked fake in every way by the time he left.